home
RSS
June 1st, 2010

Battle Saint Bracelets

Someone in the CNN DC Bureau (my boss actually) has been passing out Battle Saint Bracelets this week in honor of Memorial Day. The small wooden bracelets feature 12 to 16 Catholic saints.

I wore mine on Memorial Day, which I worked, at the World War II Memorial doing a story on an 87-year-old Marine. Today I've been looking into the saints on the bracelet a little more at battlesaint.com. Here's my favorite:

St. Joseph of Cupertino – included on all bracelets: Born in 1603 to a poor family in the village of Cupertino in Italy, St. Joseph of Cupertino is the patron saint of aviators and paratroopers. He was known to levitate and became known as the “Flying Saint.” He was also known for the gift of healing. He died in 1663 in Ossimo, Italy.

Part of the proceeds go to help wounded service members get back on their feet - but not levitate.

- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: Catholic Church

1. Honey Badger Dont Care

My favorite saint is St Nicholas. You might know him as Santa Clause. St Nick, among other things, is the patron saint of prost.itutes. Gives new meaning to ho, ho, ho doesn’t it?

July 9, 2012 at 4:55 pm |
    • *

*Claus

July 9, 2012 at 5:00 pm |
  2. Pennie Martin

I would like to buy one of these bracelets how can I purchase one. Thank You.

May 27, 2012 at 10:10 am |
    • Joyce

my son is delpoying for afgainistan i would like to get one for him, did you ever get a reply ?

May 27, 2012 at 7:57 pm |
    • Charles P wade

I am interested in purchasing 2 battlesaint bracelets

May 28, 2012 at 2:00 pm |
    • Jeanette

Just got mine today and I love them! The pictures do not do them justice! Glad to see that the original site is being displayed, as there are now people selling knock-offs. The original bracelets have oblong tiles, one tile has a small star on it with red letters in the middle (TM?). This is how you know that it is the real one!

July 9, 2012 at 4:51 pm |
  3. namecombat

Great beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog site? The account aided me a appropriate deal. I had been a little bit familiar of this your broadcast offered bright transparent concept

April 4, 2012 at 12:46 pm |
  4. Helen Campbell

I had one given to me by a friend.I tried to get on the site on the paper with the explaination on it but could'nt.Maybe they don't have anymore.Regardless of what happened they are beautiful bracelets with a wonderful message. I wear mine all the time.

December 29, 2011 at 2:47 pm |
  5. suzanne walker

Don't buy! it is fraud! I ordered 2 November 21, 2011. Money was taken out of my account. as of today (December 29, 2011) there is still no braclets, no refund and the website is down and email has been returned as undeliverable.

December 29, 2011 at 10:49 am |
    • Jeanette

battlesaint.com is the REAL SITE! I ordered mine and got them with no problem, along with a paper explaining the purpose of the bracelets. I searched today and found 2 pages of sites offering these bracelets – they were all fakes~ the REAL bracelets are $5.00 and come in brown, black or green: small, medium or large -I purchased two mediums and am getting ready to purchase two large – I love them!! The pictures do not do them justice! They

July 9, 2012 at 4:57 pm |
  6. Leona Hassler

How does a person go about buying one of these bracelets. Heard about them on the news this morning.

December 7, 2011 at 3:25 pm |