home
RSS
June 2nd, 2010

Fallen evangelical leader Ted Haggard launches new church

Ted Haggard, the megachurch pastor and former National Association of Evangelicals chief whose career was undone by a gay prostitution and drugs scandal in 2006, plans to start a new church.

Read the full story

- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: Evangelical • Faith Now

Next entry »
  1. Ptbeer

This just goes to confirm my deep held belief that if you are a gifted charlatan, the idiots will come crawling from out of the woodwork to hand over their hard earned money to be led by the nose and support your lavish lifestyle.
    In my next life I'm going to start my own church, it would sure as h-ll beat working for a living!

July 28, 2010 at 7:18 am |
  2. Joe

"my trust is in the Lord! Jesus Christ sustains my life!"

Uh no. Food, water and air sustain your life. Your belief in a magical wizard floating high above us gives you some form of delusional self security. But without food, water and air you'd be dead.

June 5, 2010 at 2:14 pm |
    • righteous-in-Christ

Crawl back to your atheists dark hole!!!

June 5, 2010 at 2:34 pm |
    • Joe

Dark hole? You must be referring to the place your head currently resides. There is no hole anywhere in my life. I have a great career, a beautiful wife and family, and I am as happy and contented as one man can be. I am not burdened by the illusion of religion. I live a productive and fufilling life. I know that it is short, therefore I take every day to do everything I can and enjoy it to the fullest. If you want to live your life based on the hope that there is something better when you die, great, good for you. I hope you get those 72 virgins or whatever ridiculous mumbo jumbo your form of the myth dictates.

June 7, 2010 at 10:52 am |
    • righteous-in-Christ

@ Joe – Good for you that you have all this things in your life as I do as well! The thing is, what profits a man to gain the whole world and loses his soul? There is life after death, friend! H3ll or Heaven, you chose!

June 7, 2010 at 10:04 pm |
    • Joe

Any god that would condemn me to hell does not deserve my company. I am a good husband, father, freind and brother. I work hard for my employer, and I am active in my community. I have done more for my fellow man than most "christians". If that is somehow less important than believeing some fairy tale about a virgin birth and recurrection, than I have no interest in going to heaven.

June 8, 2010 at 7:56 am |
    • Paige

Who do you think supplies our air, food and water? The God of all creation; the Father of our Living Savior Jesus Christ.

July 28, 2010 at 1:44 pm |
  3. Joe

Bone smuggling tweeker. He is the reason God is dumping all of this oil in the gulf.

June 4, 2010 at 1:20 pm |
    • righteous-in-Christ

Foolish Joe....you and America's sins are responsible for what we are seeing and experience in America! But my trust is in the Lord! Jesus Christ sustains my life!

June 4, 2010 at 7:28 pm |
  4. righteous-in-Christ

I highly Praise my Lord Jesus Christ for His divine Mercy, Grace, and Love!!! He is the Redeemer of ALL sins....no matter what they are. In His rich Mercy, He lifts up those that are chosen! Look at Paul in the bible, he killed many Christians for believing in god and God used Him for His Glory, so why should God stop being Merciful? Stop pointing your finger at Pastor Haggard, he belongs to God!

Romans 8:35-39

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36 As it is written, "For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered." 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

[[Psalms 37: 23-26]] The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down, for the Lord upholdeth him with His hand. I have been young and am now old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken nor his seed begging bread. He is ever merciful and lendeth and his seed is blessed.

June 3, 2010 at 8:50 pm |
  5. Gary

I saw that freak in a debate with scientists in 2007. He was trying to convince them the earth is only 10,000.00 years old.....lol

June 3, 2010 at 8:43 pm |
  6. MikeP

This is always how it works. When God doesn't seem to support the things you want Him to support, you just found a new church that says He does. Ironically, its no less legitimate an action than the one the church you just left was founded on. Henry VIII would be proud.

June 3, 2010 at 2:38 pm |