home
RSS
July 21st, 2010

For weight-loss help, faithfuls turn to God

Hallelujah diets. Body by God. Karate for Christ. Gospel groove workouts.

Using the Lord's name (not in vain), fitness and diet enthusiasts are injecting the Almighty into nutrition programs, exercise DVDs, martial arts and healthy living courses.

Read the full story

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Culture & Science

« Previous entry
  1. Tiana Pocasangre

A vegetarian diet focuses on plants for food. These include fruits, vegetables, dried beans and peas, grains, seeds and nuts. There is no single type of vegetarian diet. -^^^

With best regards <http://www.picturesofherpes.co/index.php

July 8, 2013 at 11:31 pm |
  2. TheRationale

Perhaps the body and blood of Christ are too fattening. Cannibalism isn't healthy to begin with, though, even if it's just pretend.

July 25, 2010 at 2:55 pm |
  3. revtomperl

amazed at the skeptics and cynics – in Dr. Ornish's treatment for heart disease he combines a number of elements including vegetarian diet, exercise, and meditation often in a Buddhist tradition – lots of folks are disconnected and don't understand the importance of our spiritual connections – a sad time – Jesus loves them even if they don't choose to believe in him

July 22, 2010 at 5:45 pm |
    • Gary

revtomperl, true on meditation and relaxation breathing. As an agnostic it helps me focus on my bike rides clears my mind helps me through a rough cardio workout. I guess it feels like a spirtual connect ....But no association with any religion.

July 23, 2010 at 4:04 pm |
  4. Maggie S

I am so grateful for the same diet Remley did,This Faith Based Weight Loss Program called Weigh Down Workshop helped save my Life! No matter what others say I know If it were not for this program and God I would Probably be dead. So 300 pounds gone and happy.I say give it a try.

July 22, 2010 at 10:05 am |
    • peace2all

@Maggie S;

Well, congratulations...! Proof that the 'placebo effect' (belief in a deity..that somehow he helped you) + real hard work and effort will = results.

However, I am sincere in my congratulations to you having lost that much weight.... Whatever works..!

Good luck, and I hope the weight stays off...!

Peace....

July 22, 2010 at 10:54 am |
  5. peace2all

Well, after some deliberation, I think that 'Dancin' to the oldies' would do the believers just as much good... Go for a walk... put down the

chocolate covered bible.....

July 22, 2010 at 2:47 am |
    • revtomperl

i own lots of bibles maybe you could tell me where I can get a chocolate covered one

July 22, 2010 at 6:29 pm |
  6. jeff

I live in a world of delusional nut jobs.

July 21, 2010 at 5:22 pm |
  7. David Johnson

Oh ye of little faith! How can you believe that a god who created the entire universe, could not help his creatures lose a few pounds?

I tell you now brothers, just this morning, I lost my car keys! My car keys brother! I got on my knees, brothers! I prayed that I would find those keys! The lord heard me, brothers! After searching the house, I found those keys on the floor by the hook I usually hang my keys on. God answers my prayers, brothers! God loves me, way more than anyone else on earth.

July 21, 2010 at 2:56 pm |
    • peace2all

@David Johnson..... LOL!!!!!!

July 21, 2010 at 4:58 pm |
  8. Reality

Count calories and exercise!!! The rest is a waste of time and money.

July 21, 2010 at 2:42 pm |
    • revtomperl

saying it twice does not make it true

July 22, 2010 at 6:27 pm |
  9. Reality

Count calories and excercise!! The rest is simply a waste of your time and money.

July 21, 2010 at 2:41 pm |
    • revtomperl

a curious fundamentalist diet understanding of a very complex problem

July 22, 2010 at 6:27 pm |
  10. peace2all

@GoFast.... Yes...one would hope that you would not jump in the first place.

As for 'God' give..... It is not a 'given'.... But, we certainly do have brains...

Peace to you...

July 21, 2010 at 1:42 pm |
  11. Tony

Watch how they give credit to their fairytale yet do not realize it is all of THEIR hard work that got them to lose weight. How religion blinds the work of true humans. Religion sucks!

July 21, 2010 at 12:56 pm |
    • peace2all

@Tony.... Well said....

July 21, 2010 at 1:00 pm |
    • revtomperl

Generally Republicans and Democrats suck as do materialists and greedy folks and lots of others. Could it be that all of those folks are much greater sources of problems than religious people

July 22, 2010 at 6:26 pm |
  12. peace2all

'Basically'.......I am for almost anything that gets people moving and helps them lose weight and be healthier.

Quite honestly, I think exercise, is actually better for them than fundamentalism. I don' think that divine intervention is happening for people to lose weight/exercise/be-physically healthier... and hopefully mentally/emotionally happer people.

But, not real happy about the whole fundamental church belief thing....but....what can you do...

Good luck to them...

Peace......

July 21, 2010 at 12:52 pm |
    • revtomperl

who said they were fundamentalists – maybe the log is in your eye?

July 22, 2010 at 6:24 pm |