home
RSS
August 30th, 2010

Strippers vs. church

Editor's note: We'll let this post just speak for itself.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Christianity • Church and state

1. Dug

Hey Dunfee. You say that they are lost and they will perish.
    I say that you and your parishioners are lost in a fantasy. And why are churches bombed and destroyed by natural disasters? Why doesn't your god protect them?

September 26, 2010 at 8:39 pm |
  2. Jay H

More strippers, less churches!

September 5, 2010 at 9:40 am |
  3. John Dossey

I totally agree that the pastor should FIRST be concerned about his parishoners. I bet there are PLENTY of sinds to go around, and probably MUCH WORSE than these girls are doing next door. I honestly would send a donation to the girls for being harrased by this church. Doesnt this pastor READ his own bible? I wonder if he is actually sleeping with someone in his own church? We have seen that soooo many times. those are the people who make the most noise about being so righteous.

September 3, 2010 at 9:57 am |
  4. Kristoffer

Here's a caption: "We know this story is five weeks old but, hey, its a slow week."

September 3, 2010 at 1:44 am |
  5. Jochebed

Taking photographs of peoples' license plates and contacting their family is over the line in my opinion, but at least the church is out there actively confronting the filth in this world. Most churches are doing nothing but think that offering coffee and donuts will turn someone's life around. Better though would be if the church was standing outside with signs about salvation, not just trying to convict them of being whores and whoremongers. But I still commend their taking action at all.

August 31, 2010 at 1:11 pm |
  6. (B)iraq Hussein Osama

the irony of course is that some of these girls are likely daughters from christian households. how often do you hear of strippers from a hindu or a muslim household.

August 30, 2010 at 11:21 pm |
  7. Antonio P

@David Johnson

haha! The laughs on you. I've been wearing my foil hat for a month. Can't you see it? Here. I'll wave at you.

And they do not let me change the security settings on this computer. If I messed with them, I would not get any spirits.
    I'm sort of sad I didn't get to see anyone taking their clothes off, though.
    Do you think those sfrippers should wear foil hats?

August 30, 2010 at 5:12 pm |
    • David Johnson

No, Antonio. I think those girls should wear what god gave them at birth.

August 30, 2010 at 10:29 pm |
  8. Antonio P

@David Johnson

🙂
    I'm sort of sad I didn't get to see any strippers, though. Do you think they should wear foil hats, too?

August 30, 2010 at 5:09 pm |
  9. Reality

Truth in advertising: The following should be posted on the club door. Other than that "advertise"/strip as needed. It is a free country.

"Se-xually transmitted diseases (S-TDs) remain a major public health challenge in the United States. While substantial progress has been made in preventing, diagnosing, and treating certain ST-Ds in recent years, CDC estimates that approximately 19 million new infections occur each year, almost half of them among young people ages 15 to 24.1 In addition to the physical and psy-chol-ogical consequences of S-TDs, these diseases also exact a tremendous economic toll. Direct medical costs associated with S-TDs in the United States are estimated at up to $14.7 billion annually in 2006 dollars."

August 30, 2010 at 4:51 pm |
    • Morgan

Truth in advertising. Let's post the following on the church door.

"There is no scientific proof of the existence of god, the devil, heaven, or hell. No warranty, express or implied, is made with regard to the existence of or state of something referred to as the immortal soul, either before or after death. Be warned that hearing voices, belief in non-existent entities, and carrying out of actions dictated by such entities may be diagnosed as psychosis, paranoia, schizophrenia, or any of a number of psychiatric disorders. Praying to such entities for anything should not be construed as a guarantee of receipt of anything prayed for. The management of this establishment makes not warranty of the success of such endeavors and assumes no responsibility for the consequences thereof.

Furthermore, should you suffer from any sort of illness and decide to ignore the advice of a physician in favor of praying for intercession by any spritual entity in the healing of this illness, the management assumes no responsibility for any worsening of your condition, up to and including death."

August 30, 2010 at 11:20 pm |
  10. Reality

"Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) remain a major public health challenge in the United States. While substantial progress has been made in preventing, diagnosing, and treating certain STDs in recent years, CDC estimates that approximately 19 million new infections occur each year, almost half of them among young people ages 15 to 24.1 In addition to the physical and psychological consequences of STDs, these diseases also exact a tremendous economic toll. Direct medical costs associated with STDs in the United States are estimated at up to $14.7 billion annually in 2006 dollars."

August 30, 2010 at 4:50 pm |
  11. Antonio P

My security settings do not allow me to view the little movie-thing at the top of the page, so a transcript in such cases would be a blessing...thanks!

August 30, 2010 at 3:17 pm |
    • David N

Change your security settings, Tony.

August 30, 2010 at 4:04 pm |
    • David Johnson

@Antonio P

Careful with your security settings. Before you change them, make yourself a hat from aluminum foil. Be sure you wear it every time you log on. There are spirits.

August 30, 2010 at 4:17 pm |
  12. Selfish Gene

In Missouri, the fundies have put it into law, strip clubs, sex shops, all illegal. But the casino is open 24/7.
    go figure.

August 30, 2010 at 2:33 pm |
  13. Chris

Sock it to 'em, ladies. You need to get all Harper-Valley-PTA on their a__es.

August 30, 2010 at 2:26 pm |
  14. Frogist

I propose this church focus on the sins of their parishioners. When they are done taking care of their sins, then they can take care of everyone else's sins. Till then, leave the girls be. They're just trying to make a living.

August 30, 2010 at 1:39 pm |
  15. David Johnson

And then people ask me, "why can't you leave the fundies alone?".

Religious pukes are never safisfied with going to church and worshiping their god. They always want to tell everyone else how to live and what to think.

August 30, 2010 at 12:59 pm |
    • Mike

But Dave aren't you telling us what we should do and think by your post?

August 31, 2010 at 8:34 am |
  16. Kate

Oh come on Editors, that is *such* a cop out – couldn't *one* of your stringers have come up with text to go with it?

Better, hire Laura as a stringer 🙂