home
RSS
October 10th, 2010

More Cuban political prisoners to be released, Catholic Church says

Three Cuban political prisoners who were not part of an originally announced release, will nonetheless be freed, Cuba's Roman Catholic Church said Saturday.

The three would join 52 other detainees Cuba pledged to free following a deal brokered by the island's Catholic Church and Spain's foreign ministry, according to a news release by archbishop of Havana.

The church identified the three additional prisoners as Rolando Jimenez Posada, Arturo Suarez Ramos and Ciro Perez Santana.

Read the full story

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Americas • Catholic Church • Cuba

1. Reality

What is a hemmeroid??

October 11, 2010 at 9:52 am |
  2. en passant

I think Godzilla's tail is really just a big hemmeroid...LOL

October 11, 2010 at 5:15 am |
    • Frank

Ouch.

October 11, 2010 at 10:41 am |
    • Godzilla

@en passant

[The sound of Godzilla's tail crushing en passant like an eggshell is from track 3 / reel 2]

@Frank
      [Frank is amazed but does not know that he is next...:D]

[Frank reads this post and realizes his doom is near. His pleas for God to save him are not heard or answered for he was not able to prove to anyone that God existed. Godzilla's roar of challenge is elephant track 2 / reel 2]

October 12, 2010 at 5:53 am |
    • Raison

@Godzilla

LOL

October 12, 2010 at 4:41 pm |
  3. Godzilla

Every Catholic-dominated country is enslaved. Cuba is no different, and here is the proof.
    A clear majority of our Supreme Court Justices are Catholic.
    But if they violate their oaths, they receive absolution while the crime remains.
    Religion needs to go. Justifying crimes because of religion is a specialty of the Catholic Church.
    Freeing a handful of prisoners means nothing when they probably put them there in the first place.

October 10, 2010 at 8:53 pm |
    • Frank

HUH? Cuba is Communist – they're no fans of religion. Besides, the Church helped to FREE these people.
      But, you know, don't let blind dumb bigotry get in the way of fact.

October 10, 2010 at 10:41 pm |
    • Frank

The culture of the US is by no means Catholic, by the way. We have been a majority Protestant country since the Mayflower, pretty much.

October 10, 2010 at 10:43 pm |
    • Godzilla

I said the Catholics probably put them there in the first place. Why else would it be so easy for the Catholic Church to obtain their release?
      They don't exactly go around getting people released wholesale, just here and there for political purposes. Very rare.

Do you deny that they use their religious authority for political purposes? Have you never read of the history of the Catholic Church and all the things they have done throughout history?

Frank, I hear what you say about bigotry. Yes, I was a little wild in my original post. I wrote it much too fast and so it lacks clarity.
      Have you ever heard of any "purges" in Cuba? Did they execute all the Catholics when they became "communist"?
      Did I jump to a conclusion there? Educate me. I am only a large mutated iguana after all. Ignorance is painful.

October 10, 2010 at 11:46 pm |
    • Frank

The Church didn't put them there. Did you read the article? They were put there for trying to escape from Cuba, basically.
      "I am only a large mutated iguana after all."
      Understood. Don't you have some J@panese people to terrorize?

October 11, 2010 at 12:16 am |
    • Godzilla

@Frank

You have caught me. I was wrong. I apologize. Going back over what I wrote, I see that I was only being stupid and insane about that. I only wish I could blame it on something else. Shigataganai, eh? (can't be helped, eh?)

Yes, I think I will go visit Tokyo. The Pacific may wash away my shame as I travel...

[soulful music starts in the background as Godzilla slowly walks into the ocean. The sunset is beautiful. No credits roll.]

October 11, 2010 at 12:49 am |