home
RSS
October 16th, 2010

Muslims gather in Washington for 'Islam on Capitol Hill'

CNN's Dan Gilgoff filed this report:

Hundreds of Muslims turned out Friday for a new annual event in Washington called Islam on Capitol Hill, the event's organizer said Saturday.

The event saw hundreds of Muslim children touring the halls of Congress, hours of prayers and speeches on the Capitol lawn, and a banquet at a hotel off the National Mall.

"It's important for young Muslims to understand the beauty of this country - that this is a land of freedom, even though there may be people objecting to building a mosque in New York or threatening to burn the Quran," said Abdul Malik, the event's organizer.

Malik said the event began last year and that he plans to continue holding it each year from now on.

He said Islam on Capitol Hill is aimed primarily at Muslim youth.

"Muslim children need to know that this is their country and that they have a responsibility to protect and honor it," said Malik, who is the youth director at the Bay County Islamic Society in Panama City, Florida. "I want to make sure they're not radicalized by any elements, especially on the internet."

"Hopefully, one day there will be many elected Muslim-American officials and they'll make a great contribution to this country," he said.

No one showed up to protest the event, Malik said, though he received hundreds of angry emails - including many he described as "hate mail" - ahead of the event.

"I didn't want this to be a protest, I wanted prayer and devotion," he said. "We didn't want anything confrontational."

"Our long-term goal is to make sure the Muslim community is integrated 100 percent into the rest of America," Malik said, "and is no longer viewed as some foreign agent or enemy force."

- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: DC • Faith Now • Islam • United States • Washington

1. MzDiana

Obama's a disgrace to America and for everything this Country stands for! He fooled a lot of people!
    His latest proposal to Attack Syria is Insane! Those people aren't a threat to the U.S. or Our National Security! He's more of a threat than they ever will be! Attacking a Sovereign Nation who has not attacked your Country or an Ally is against International Law! If he orders the U.S. military to attack them he should be arrested and tried as a International War Criminal!
    This is all part of his Master plan to Unite the U.S. as a Nation of the Muslim Brotherhood!

September 10, 2013 at 2:16 pm |
  2. MzDiana

I strongly Agree that No Mosque should be built at Ground Zero!

September 10, 2013 at 2:03 pm |
  3. building new home

I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I am not certain whether this publish is written by means of him as no one else recognize such targeted approximately my difficulty. You are amazing! Thank you!

April 8, 2012 at 5:55 am |
  4. Hartley Services Septic Tank Emptying

Hello, i feel that i noticed you visited my web site so i came to return the choose?.I'm trying to in finding issues to enhance my website!I suppose its good enough to make use of a few of your concepts!!

April 2, 2012 at 8:41 pm |
  5. Muneef

This is my hijab i will never remove

October 25, 2010 at 3:30 pm |
  6. InfidelHere

The koran qualifies as hate speech, despite the best intentions of muslim apologists and appeasers.
    Their holiest book of Islam (which is 61% of which is about non-Muslims) draws the sharpest of distinctions between muslims and non-believers, lavishing praise on the former while condemning the latter. Don't believe muslims when they tell you islam is about "universal love", the koran incessantly preaches the inferiority of non-Muslims, even comparing them to vile animals and gloating over Allah's hatred of them and his dark plans for their eternal torture. Naturally, the harsh treatment of non-believers by Muslims is encouraged as well.

Islam is a supremacist ideology in which the role of non-believers is subordinate to the position of Muslims. Those who resist Islamic rule are to be FOUGHT?KILLED until they are fully humiliated and forced to acknowledge their inferior status, either by converting to Islam or by paying a poll-tax (jizya) and otherwise accepting the subjugation of their own beliefs.

There is simply no other religion on earth that draws such sharp distinction between its own members and others, or spends as much time condemning and dehumanizing those who merely choose not to follow its dogma.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!

October 19, 2010 at 7:38 am |
    • Muneef

Actually as per the verses of the Quran it says that God is only the judge of all intentions and actions at the judgment day and that we are only to stand up and fight those who fight and conspire against Islam and Muslims and what ever tax is imposed was there and then the Gv tax which goes in favor of all residents and not only Muslims.
      So it does no longer exsist since there is already Gv tax..

October 19, 2010 at 11:03 am |
  7. InfidelHere

Islam means "peace" IF...huge "IF" here...when one "submits and surrenders" to their (sharia) way of life and their moon-god-allah.

If you don't "submit and surrender", then silly you...THERE IS NO PEACE FOR YOU!!

Never has, is, and will be!

Over 60% of the Koran details how NON-Muslims are to be converted, enslaved, taxed (over and above "good" muslims), punished, fought and yes...KILLED!! When you look at the koran with their Hadith and Sura...OMG (not their God, but ours)...this TRULU classifies Islam as a religion of HATE.

Wake up people! Get a clue! Islam is nothing more than a declaration of war against everything NON-MUSLIM and it is the reason that 99% of the world's terrorism made in a name of a religion all has Islam to thank for!

October 18, 2010 at 4:27 pm |
    • Muneef

@InfidelHere.

Tell you the truth you are really Infidel if thought Islam is about worshiping the moon OMG where were you buried and just turned up Zombi ? No wonder you are worried so much shaking in anger and fear? Well if you think being infidel would get you killed then just become A Man of Religion? If you wouldn't like that then the other option is to become a Man of AlDijjal? Your choice to make and pay the coincidence but do not expect believers to fight for you when you do not believe what they believe in and nor pay respect for their freedom of belief and worship?

October 18, 2010 at 7:55 pm |
  8. Muneef

@Raison.
    My comments for you went up some where else.

October 18, 2010 at 3:49 pm |
    • Muneef

@Raison.

October 19, 2010 at 2:31 pm |
    • Muneef

A BEAUTIFUL PRAYER

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam

I asked Allah to take away my habit.
      Allah said, No.
      It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked Allah to make my handicapped child whole.
      Allah said, No.
      His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary

I asked Allah to grant me patience.
      Allah said, No.
      Patience is a byproduct of tribulations;
      it isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked Allah to give me happiness.
      Allah said, No.
      I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you.

I asked Allah to spare me pain.
      Allah said, No.
      Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares
      and brings you closer to me.

I asked Allah to make my spirit grow.
      Allah said, No.
      You must grow on your own! ,
      but I will prune you to make you fruitful.
      I asked Allah for all things that I might enjoy life.
      Allah said, No.
      I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.

I ask Allah to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.
      Allah said...Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.

If you love Allah, send this to ten people and
      back to the person that sent it.

THIS DAY IS YOURS DON'T THROW IT AWAY

May Allah Bless You,
      "To the world you might be one person, but to one
      person you just might be the world"

For all the negative things we have to say to selves

Allah has a positive answer for it.

You say: "It's impossible"
      Allah says: All things are possible

You say: "I'm too tired"
      Allah says: I will give you rest

You say: "I can't go on"
      Allah says: My grace is sufficient

You say: "I can't figure things out"
      Allah says: I will direct your steps

You say: "I can't do it"
      Allah says: You can do all things

You say: "I'm not able"
      Allah says: I am able

You say: "It's not worth it"
      Allah says: It will be worth it

You say: "I can't forgive myself"
      Allah says: I FORGIVE YOU

You say: "I can't manage"
      Allah says: I will supply all your needs

You say: "I'm afraid"
      Allah says: I have not given you a spirit of fear

You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated"
      Allah says: Cast all your cares on ME

You say: "I don't have enough faith"
      Allah says: I've given everyone a measure of faith

You say: "I'm not smart enough"
      Allah says: I give you wisdom

You say: "I feel all alone"
      Allah says: I will never leave you or forsake you

You say: "Nobody really loves me"
      Allah says: I love you

May Allah Be Pleased With all muslims Ameen.

I love each and every muslim for the Pleasure of Allah !"It is in rememberance of Allah that the heart finds peace"

Fee Aman Allah

October 19, 2010 at 3:18 pm |
  9. Muneef

@Raison.

Do not know what your real intentions are behind your comments which are far away from the issue above so it is either you try to be honest and friendly or they are a polite remarks to tell me that my efforts are unwanted here.
    But any way I will go on with you and explain. OK!
    As for me I never ever wrote in any blogs in the past or even seen any as I am a business man and have the responsibility of a service company to run that is of my family and I am their elder son now and married for 20 years and have four
    children to look after. Until exactly 09 Sep when heard in the News about the intention of Dove Church Paster intending to burn the Quran and a link was sent to me about that and that was my start to defend the Quran and ever since I find my self as addicted to coming and commenting about various things and not able to withdraw.
    Another thing is that we used to travel so much because our currency was strong enough but now our currency is down so much against any other currency, and in addition to that I became to hate traveling seeing that treatment is no longer the same for us Arabs,Muslims traveling through international air ports.
    Other wise yes I like music Eastern ones as well as western ones that were mainly was of Bob Marly or Disco songs which I became familiar with during 80's while studying English and Business English in England where have stayed there for four years before returning and joining my late father in the business.
    As to nature have managed to establish an Agriculture farm 15 years ago of my own and enjoy going there to watch the birds and animals during day hours and watch the moon and the stars at night hours. So for me life was fully ballanced but no a days life is not the same there are fears and wars in our country and all area seemingly never ending and that has made me prefer to stay alone and not mix with people rather be on the net for e.mails or watch TV News but now mostly on CNN Blogs and do not know if that is good for me or not but I say maybe just maybe my contribution with comments just might make a change since having felt that maybe God wanted me be here since this came to me suddenly and was not looking for it. So you see this is the whole story. But really with like to thank you for guiding or advising me as to not copy and paste Quran if in the end no one would read and understand then it is a waste of time for me and not right towards the Quran after all I was shocked to see so many translation for the Quran into English and all differ from each other I my self became unsure and confused since I only know it well in Arabic and began to fear that maybe most of this confusion about Islam in the West or Those non Arabic Muslims are the translations as it is with Explanation of verses for many including Arab Muslims.

October 18, 2010 at 3:39 pm |
    • Raison

@Muneef
      Hi
      I was just trying to be friendly and I wanted to talk with someone about something other than the same old things, and was hoping you might like to talk about other things too.
      Thank you for telling me of things that you like to do and enjoy. It makes a nice change from fighting against bad things.

I am also addicted to coming here and saying what I feel needs to be said.
      Even if no one else sees them, I have said them and that is more than I was able to do before I came here.

I did not come here with any particular purpose in the beginning. I was just reading the news on the front page and spotted a link to here and the rest is history.

If you feel posting passages from Q'uran is what is needed, then go ahead. There might be someone who needed to see a thing before wanting more information, so it is not impossible that your postings would work that way.

I like all kinds of music. There is always at least one good song that I like in many areas, so my list would be very long.
      I am sorry to hear that your father passed away. Peace be upon him and your whole family.

I agree that different translations are a very big problem. Everyone has a different one, or say they have different meanings and no one can agree on what is what, but in the end, I do not believe the translations or the meanings and can find no sense in any of it. I am always asking questions, seeking what is real, and trying to understand what I find.
      I asked about the Moon because I wondered what Muslims would do in a low-gravity environment with some of the rules you need to follow.
      And I like birds. But there are so many that I like, so I have given up on trying to remember their names.

I like the little story that I saw. Small stories with humor, or ones with a moral to them that all can see. Those can be fun.
      I have some different books of humor, some of them about the different parts of the world and funny stories there.
      Maybe you could find someone to explain which translation you should use for Q'uran when reading for yourself?
      These translation problems are the same with Christians, as you might have already guessed.
      One of my favorite books is "Hajji Baba of Ispahan" by James Morier.
      It is a story of the son of a barber who has many funny adventures in the olden days. I do not know if you would like it, but I thought you might like to have a nice book to read when you visit your farm if you like to sit and read funny stories.
      There are not many copies of this book in America, but there are still some to be found. Many of them are in England, where you visited, because that is where it was first published.
      I think there is more peace to be found in laughter than non-laughter. I was glad to see you make a joke. It lets us know that you are just an okay human like the rest of us. When you post no words of your own, no one knows what you are like, or what sort of things we can say to you.
      That is why I like to hear about you and not something else. Like books. Are there good story books you like?
      I would welcome a new book, just not Q'uran. I do not like confusion over translations, meanings, etc.
      Anyway, I must go. I have been spending all day on my computer and have neglected my other duties. :P

October 18, 2010 at 6:41 pm |
    • Muneef

@Raison.
      @Believers.
      Fine let us to discuss subject related to religion but leaving behind Islam, Muslims, Quran wisely and politely and no insult or hurt intended to any but only to clear Mist.
      Now let us take Two messengers of God as an example Prophet Abraham and Prophet Muhammed SAW both. They have both Destroyed Idols,images in God Worship Houses which were either worshiped intentionally and or mistakenly for God or as a Messenger,intercessor,mediator to God!?

Now the question here is does those examples means to tell us that we ought to leave out any idols,images looking things out as not to facing them when praying,worshipping or to be totally removed from God's Houses of Prayers and Worships?

Now which religions are existing today that has shapes of things resembled idols,images that are being faced when worshiping God. Some other Nations made for God Partners or Family members in their mythologies?

Isn't it better if God is created and visioned in our own minds rather than being resembled by shapes of idols,images that does not give the whole Holiness and respect to God or To His Prophets?

Isn't a better idea than be thought of as worshiping idols,images and not God which can be connected with through vision of the mind and although nothing as a vision given for God other than being of Total Bright Light that Lights the Heavens and Earth,Knowing every thing and nothing is hidden from His Hearing and Seeing deep in to the Hearts of Mankind,of Earth,Land and Seas to the core.
      There are 99 names given in the the Holy Books which gives us a closer idea towards having a vision in mind for God The Creator of All, The One and Only, The Lord of Issa The Son of Maryam.

Reading and Repeating those 99 names of the Creator been said to help open the ears,eyes,mind,heart,soul towards the light truth of things. and here it is where I want you to forget about Islam,Muslims,Quran for once and give concentration to reading and understanding those 99 Holy Names of God of all creations.
      Hope you accept to take same as heart to heart and God Bless you All.

October 18, 2010 at 7:26 pm |
    • Muneef

@Raison.

So sweet words and agree to them all it is true nice to relieve things out of chest even if not seen or read by others but at least you feel relieved for saying a word of truth.
      Would really welcome your friendship although think not proper to mention private details here but find my self writing it.
      Understand you go to some Internet cafe for your communication but as for my with iPad and wireless facility at office and home is taking me recently from both.
      Used to like music but no longer enjoy listening much and some times would favor listening to old ones that meant for me something in the past.
      As for books although have many brand-new untouched that I buy when traveling but could not get free time to read since time is becoming less and more demanding from us beside Internet has taken any free time left.
      Not sure of any Quran translation any more really since I noticed the differences,but can suggest for you to search for God Prophets stories of the Quran am sure you will enjoy because they teach a lot of things of what is wanted or expected from us on earth. Can suggest for you as well to read the Miracles of the Quran, sorry to repeat what you did you want to avoid but this is my favorite to read being the right teacher of many things.
      So any way pleased to hear from you.bye God Bless

October 18, 2010 at 8:57 pm |
    • Raison

@Muneef

I cannot help but think that the only reason for the number "99" is one of human numbering systems and not anything else.

If this is true, then how can anyone believe there are only 99 names for a being of "light"?

And if you must pray in a particular direction, it must only be a thing of convenience and ritual and tradition, since simple geometry makes a mockery of such things when we live on a spherical planet....??

I do not wish to invade your privacy, so feel free to avoid speaking of identifying details of your personal life. ......

Since I do not see any proof of a "God" other than the words of others who can only point to the words of others, and so on, my arguments will be from the position of an agnostic who does not believe out of a lack of real proof that can be relied upon in every circ-umstance. Just in case you were not knowing my position on religious subjects... :D

If there is a "God" and who is truly merciful, then do not worry about forgiveness, for in that case everything is going to be okay, yes?
      It may seem strange to see someone like me tell you to have more faith in what you believe and to attempt to correct you, but I am agnostic in wanting and seeking things that make sense and not nonsense. Logic, reasoning, rationality, etc...are the tools I try to use, though many times I fail and drop them on my foot. lol
      If YOU have a better understanding of your "faith" and the precepts thereof, then it is easier to talk to you about them. Everything should make sense under "God" if he exists, so this is just making sure that we can speak sensibly on the subject of religion as I question it and point out the places where it makes no sense.
      Thanks for being patient with my questions, Muneef. It is a good virtue to have, regardless of what religion you follow.

October 19, 2010 at 9:14 am |
    • Muneef

@Raison.
      You have misunderstood me or otherwise my English was not proper God has more than 99names and maybe unlimited but those names meant to explain the capabilities of God in order to know him better and is not related to any numeric beliefs ? Besides we are not related with planets other than knowing the number of days,months,years only.
      Our connection with the Moon is as well just becomes in Ramadhan Fasting Month where we know when the first day of the fasting month starts and ends. We technology now the Kingdom of Saudi has introduced a telescopic system for same since with the skies being polluted with heavy smokes or clouds it became harder to locate it at the right time since it would be at a new moon when it is small and slim crescent. Another relation we have with the moon is that our Islamic Hijra calendar is based on the Moon and not the Sun as it is with the present Roman Calendar that is internationally used by businesses and
      all so hope now you understood? If there is any other thing you do not understand kindly do not hesitate to ask me to explain and I will tell you then if I could...maybe can help you more if had your personal e.mail address...

October 19, 2010 at 1:40 pm |
  10. Mary

I would be nice to see them them carry a few "Taliban Sucks" signs. Seems like a silly thing, but it would sure make them look better. j/s

October 18, 2010 at 3:15 pm |
  11. Muneef

@Reality.

We ought have to have a belief and respect our choice of belief that we would defend and protect by Spoken or Written Words , it is only when non works out fine it becomes in to the hands of Swords.

There is a saying that says "The last of the Malady is to Cauterize it with Burn of Fire!   Another one by the respectable late Mr.Ghandi of India,when he said some thing like " That no Corrupted Country and People can be Refreshed and Cured with out having Fire Burn that Cauterizes it First ".! Although he was a man of Peace and had received one of the Noble Prize for Peace !?

Have you seen the link i provided to you earlier in recent posts whole area is in fire today but as it is with forest fires it goes as per winds instructions or directions and only by mercy of God it goes or stops !
    "He who plays with fires must burn his fingers! ".Another one saying is "He who digs a Hole in the ground for his friend to Fall, He him self must fall in to it ! ". Now as it seems that those area fires would go round like Merry Go Round for the sake of blood suckers to become Richer by making every free men souls become slaves to them by Time,Financial Credits and House Mortgages therefore controling his will and vote making them as just dummies their parts moved by strings. Who are those players how many and are they working for one?
    We want and love our different cultures in islam and our own countries in each country there are many different cultures as well although might have three religions being a very wide country and have few languages other than Arabic the official One and Holy One being the language of the Holy Quran in Arabia in addition to that we have different dialects and manner of speaking and different cloths,foods and so on and we would like to keep it this way to remain as a colorful garden with many different plants and flowers and do not want it all to go in account of One Gray Globalization.

They want to take all of that from us in to one type and color and who ever fail to cope with modern meaningless life are taken and removed to some reservations, like a culture heard of before other than those already are wiped out by Hook or Crook ? The most recent culture that is under threat is of Arab Palestinians in west bank and gaza.

What is the Mere Truth here Reality is it Religion or Non Religion or
    Politics or is it a CookTail of each Three ? At what percentage %  does it stand now for each party and who is dominant of all since the dominant would be the one who made all this mess and therefore scales has to rebalanced otherwise the world is heading to the worset yet to come.
    If each thought and decided change the scenery to a quieter and peaceful life as a Free Human Soul rather than living in slavery and hardness for the  greeds of those we know not whom we call the Masters of the World.

October 18, 2010 at 10:28 am |
    • Muneef

@Reality.
      Here you are.
      Yemen or Pakistan and others are all Muslims so which Muslims fight Muslims? So you now understand that Muslims as well are Victims of certain group that calls it self Muslims but might not be so or it might be just a group of mercenary working for yours to trouble Muslims in their own countries so they would move all their savings to your banks or invest it in your peaceful country? Check who is the Terrorist here making all that you have listed as acts of Muslims.

October 18, 2010 at 11:52 am |
  12. Rondawg

Jesus's loves the Muslims and all people, when He comes back every knee shall bow, every tongue confess that Jesus's is Lord. So let them come, Jesus said "go out and preach the gospel, first to the Jew, then to the Gentile, then to the utermost parts of the earth. Thank You Yashua HaMushiach Mah Oz for bringing the Muslim to the United States, now I dont have to go far to Love on them and share His truth, His way His truth and His Life.

October 18, 2010 at 10:25 am |
  13. Jess

In Quran, its written .. You have your religion and I have my own... Islam respects all the religions and its a must to respect all the religion. About Jews, there is a myth that states, before the judgement day, a Jew would not be able to hide, as even a stone will talk and cry out saying there is a Jew hiding behind me in order for some body to kill him. A Jew is destined to get erased and wiped off, its a prophecy and it would most likely come true..But we dont know...what do you guys think ?

October 17, 2010 at 4:10 pm |
    • Muneef

@Jess.

Hi there I am Muslim I am Arabic and have heard the myth you mentioned but there is one thing there are verses saying there will be some Jews going to paradise which means not all are to be treated as you said only those evil livered will be declared by olive trees and rocks that they will be hiding behind.see
      Sura 02:111 to 112 there are many more I couldn't locate now.

October 17, 2010 at 8:44 pm |
  14. Chicago Nick

Well since the president is a closet Muslim I guess they have as much right to be there as anyone else as long as their not blowing up IED's and burning our flag which they're usually doing when they gather, and so if they can refrain from those two things as well as not chanting death to America which seems to be their favorite western sing along I'm ok with it.

October 17, 2010 at 3:27 pm |
    • Muneef

@Chicago Nick.

The issue of burning flags is childish but it is to point out who is making you life Hell on Earth, after all burning flags is not as serious and Damaging as yours burning whole villages,cities and countries out!
      So you see when comparing both you will find it childish but better than nothing being done?!

October 18, 2010 at 11:27 am |
    • Nonimus

@Chicago Nick,
      What's the president's religion got to do with it? Of course Americans have the right to gather on Capital Hill, why wouldn't they?

@Muneef,
      Defending a wrong by saying it could be worse seems like a weak and dangerous argument. There are other ways of protesting than burning a flag. Granted, it may seem minor in comparison to other things, whether done or suspected of being done, but does that make the minor wrong any less wrong?

October 18, 2010 at 2:37 pm |
    • Muneef

@Nonimus.

Yes agree it is wrong and not right to burn flags or even throw shoes as an expression to their anger although i said it is a minor thing compared to what has happened to those Nations one way or another but does not mean am agreeing to it but have no control over that!

October 18, 2010 at 4:02 pm |
  15. Muneef

Once upon a time there was a girl who had 4 boyfriends.

She loved the 4th boyfriend the most and adore him
    with rich robes and treated him to the finest of
    delicacies. She gave him nothing but the best.

She also loved the 3rd boyfriend very much and was
    always showing him off to neighboring kingdoms.
    However, she feared that one day he would leave her
    for another.

She also loved her 2nd boyfriend. He was her confidant
    and was always kind, considerate and patient with her.
    Whenever this girl faced a problem, she could confide
    in him, and he would help her get through the
    difficult times.

The girls 1st boyfriend was a very loyal partner and
    had made great contributions in maintaining her wealth
    and kingdom. However, she did not love the first
    boyfriend. Although he loved her deeply, she hardly
    took notice of him.

One day, the girl fell ill and she knew her time was
    short. She thought of her luxurious life and wondered,
    I now have four boyfriends with me, but when I die,
    I'll be all alone.'

Thus, she asked the 4th boyfriend, I loved you the
    most, endowed you with the finest clothing and
    showered great care over you. Now that I'm dying, will
    you follow me and keep me company?'

'No way!', replied the 4th boyfriend, and he walked
    away without another word.

His answer cut like a sharp knife right into her
    heart.

The sad girl then asked the 3rd boyfriend, 'I loved
    you all my life. Now that I'm dying, will you follow
    me and keep me company?'

'No!', replied the 3rd boyfriend. 'Life is too good!
    When you die, I'm going to marry someone else!'

Her heart sank and turned cold.

She then asked the 2nd boyfriend, 'I have always
    turned to you for help and you've always been there
    for me.

When I die, will you follow me and keep me company?'

'I'm sorry, I can't help you out this time!', replied
    the 2nd boyfriend. 'At the very most, I can only walk
    with you to your grave.'

His answer struck her like a bolt of lightning, and
    the girl was devastated.

Then a voice called out: 'I'll go with you. I'll
    follow you no matter where you go.'

The girl looked up, and there was her first boyfriend.
    He was very skinny as he suffered from malnutrition
    and neglect.

Greatly grieved, the girl said, 'I should have taken
    much better care of you when I had the chance!'

In truth, you have 4 boyfriends in your lives:

Your 4th boyfriend is your body. No matter how much
    time and effort you lavish in making it look good, it
    will leave you when you die.

Your 3rd boyfriend is your possessions, status and
    wealth. When you die, it will all go to others.

Your 2nd boyfriend is your family and friends. No
    matter how much they have been there for you, the
    furthest they can stay by you is up to the grave.

And your 1st boyfriend is your Soul. Often neglected
    in pursuit of wealth, power and pleasures of the
    world. However, your Soul is the only thing that will follow
    you where ever you go. Cultivate, strengthen and
    cherish it now, for it is the only part of you that
    will follow you to the throne of God and continue with
    you throughout Eternity.

Thought for the day: Remember, when the world pushes
    you to your knees, you're in the perfect position to
    pray.

Pass this on to someone you care about – I just did.

Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It
    means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections .
    I hope this would've touched you!

October 17, 2010 at 2:26 pm |
    • Nonimus

Who asks a loved one to join them in death?

October 18, 2010 at 2:45 pm |
  16. PJ

I hope the cameras were rolling to spot all the radicals. Horrible.

October 17, 2010 at 2:05 pm |
  17. matt

Malik said, "Our long-term goal is to make sure the Muslim community is integrated 100 percent into the rest of America," ...
    which actually means that the goal is to make sure America (and the rest of the world) is integrated 100 percent into the rest of Islam. At least according to the surahs which I have studied in the Koran.

October 17, 2010 at 12:23 pm |
    • kay

Americans, stand up to this invasion. Don't be like us here in Canada. Now, if we say anything negative of the muslims or islam, we can be charged for a "hate crime".
      No free speech allowed for us, but they can spread their vile and state their hatred for us, and nothing is said or done to them.
      Why do you think we do NOT want khadr back here. His mother and sister were on Canadian TV, and stated they hate Canada and Canadians, wish us death, and that we are imbeciles, and our kindness is our weakness that they will take adantage of. Our previous Prime Minister, helped this family and supported them for social advantage and health care.
      They (the family) do not work. They are supported through welfare, that is paid by the taxpayer.
      If my government permits burhkas or veils, I will start to wear a white hooded robe.
      This is not a religion of peace. Research taqiyya. That will enlighten you !!!!
      I've always been tolerant of others, but these muslims are the scourge of the earth, and I now realize why most people are beginning to hate them.
      That mosque should not be built near Ground Zero

October 17, 2010 at 1:30 pm |
    • Nonimus

What is it called when you think everyone around you is paranoid?

October 18, 2010 at 2:48 pm |
  18. Mike

All religions stink. It is just a shame Muslims cant fast forward 200 years already and stop killing each other in the name of religion, let alone others. Muslims kill muslims every day. Grow up. And reading the Koran or Bible is not education. Pick up a real book and contribute to society. Religion stinks.

October 17, 2010 at 11:25 am |
    • Fragile Habitat

I was at a funeral for an atheist who's life long chant was that there was no supreme being or Jesus. His death was a lifeless body being put in the ground....."The worms won".

February 12, 2011 at 12:00 pm |
  19. Dan

God help us.

October 17, 2010 at 9:26 am |
    • Raison

@Dan

If only he would. I think that if he exists he either likes the madness and evil or can barely influence the physical world.

But, yes, we need some kind of help. I agree with that sentiment entirely.

October 17, 2010 at 7:04 pm |
  20. ed

i am sorry that i didn't know about this event then i could have asked a couple of questions why are these muslims allowed to pray on the capital grounds and christians are emediatly sue or taken to court over the fact that they want to pray and lift up God on the capital grounds.his last statement about being 100% integrated into american society is strange because the only integration allowed by islam is the conversion, subjugation or total annihilation of the society to be integrated. so guess what someday if our government continues to bow to islam we will wake up one morning with an islamic boot on our necks or worse!!!!

October 17, 2010 at 8:31 am |