home
RSS
October 28th, 2010

Dalai Lama talks of retirement

The Dalai Lama would like to retire.

"I'm also a human being. ... Retirement is also my right," the exiled spiritual leader of Tibet told CNN's Hala Gorani in Miami, Florida, this week.

Without saying exactly when, he said, "Sooner or later, I have to go. I'm over 75, so next 10 years, next 20 years, one day I will go."

The Dalai Lama also said he supports recent protests in Tibet, where students marched in opposition to government plans to teach university classes in Mandarin Chinese, instead of the traditional Tibetan language.

Read the full story

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Asia • Buddhism • India • Leaders • Tibet

1. acquistare testosterone

religion.blogs.cnn.com sarà il blog ideale per chi vuole conoscere su questo argomento. Tu sai un sacco la sua praticamente difficile discutere con te (non che io davvero vorrei). Dovete assolutamente impostare uno spin intero nuovo su un argomento thats scritto per anni. Cose fantastiche, semplicemente eccellente!

December 11, 2011 at 6:13 am |
  2. acquistare nandrolone

Spero di ricevere qualche aiuto da religion.blogs.cnn.com se avrò qualche domanda.

December 5, 2011 at 9:48 am |
  3. tristan

I think his political retirement is a good idea for Tibet, like how the dalai lama focusing on Tibet’s environment… here is a funny joke I saw about the Dalai Lama retiring, http://ponderingstuff.com/2011/03/19/dalai-lama-retires-groupon/

March 19, 2011 at 8:11 pm |
  4. Andrew VA

Retire? Is meditation that exhausting and burdensome? Is he tired of first-class accomodations and constant fawning?

October 30, 2010 at 10:57 am |
    • blin

maybe he's tired of the constant farting

November 2, 2010 at 5:54 am |
  5. David, Tampa

The Chinese are going to be very happy

October 29, 2010 at 5:38 am |
    • Peace2All

@David, Tampa

LOL.. You got that right.

Peace...

October 29, 2010 at 7:48 pm |
  6. HotAirAce

I don't actually have a list of "Religious Charlatans I Respect The Most", but if I did, this dude would be high on the list – perhaps the only one on the list. That being said, my sincerest hope is that he is the last one pushing this brand of religion. Now I understand there is a debate as to whether Bhuddism is a religion (all bad in my opinion!) or a philosophy (might be OK, again in my opinion), so if Bhuddism is not a religion, then I'd have to take him off my non-existant list.

All that being said, I hope he and the Tibetans win there battle with the Chinese. And that he enjoys retirement!

October 29, 2010 at 12:43 am |
    • Peace2All

@HotAirAce

I have studied a lot of Buddhism.... different sects, and their beliefs, if you will. Basically, they are mostly about how to think and act in ways that make for a good life.. NOW, as opposed to the hereafter.

Also, no ... burning in hell kind of stuff, nor do they, in general actually believe in a God or deity.

You know how hard I am on the 'fundies' with you, but in my 'opinion' you can take the Dalai Lama off of your list.

Peace...

October 29, 2010 at 7:47 pm |
    • Sum Dude

@Peace2All

Except that Bhuddism has dogma, religious dogma. For having dogma, it should remain on the list that does not exist...!

To insist upon Bhuddism as being the exception, you fall into the trap, and are caught on our beaks and claws!

October 30, 2010 at 5:12 am |
    • Sum Dude

LOL

October 30, 2010 at 5:14 am |
    • HotAirAce

@Peace2All

But I don't have a list!!

October 30, 2010 at 1:55 pm |
    • Peace2All

@Sum Dude

Arrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh....!!!!! 'Bangin' head against wall now..!!! You should really research a bit more on Buddhism. Let me reiterate and re-state-- Their 'primary' focus is how to mentally, emotionally and physically have a good life NOW. They are 'not' so much focused on the here-after. More of a 'personal development (philosophy).

So, you can take Buddhism 'off' of the *sigh* 'Non-Existant' list (yes... I missed that one.. thank you very much for 'publicly' pointing that one out... My Good friend and Bro...!!) 🙂

Just plottin'

October 30, 2010 at 4:12 pm |
    • Peace2All

@HotAirAce

Yes, Ace i got it. You don't have a 'list.' *sigh* both you and my friend Sum Dude, just had to go there didn't ya'... 🙂

October 30, 2010 at 4:18 pm |
    • Sum Dude

@Peace2All

LOL...you are such fun to tease, bro! That Bhuddism has dogmatic "scriptures" or tracts enough for Bhuddism to be called Bhuddism, make it a religion – plain and simple.
      My finger points at the bare-assed moon of dogma, but you keep looking at my finger.
      You don't have a cup but you need to empty it anyway. 😀

What a fun fundie you are! A fun guy! A mushroom in the dark!
      Sounds very peaceful. 😀

October 30, 2010 at 8:53 pm |
  7. missdirekt

You can't retire dude...your the freak'n Dali Lama...in this life and in the next, and the next, and the next...You just need a friend. You aught to call up Dracula err...I mean the Pope. I hear he has good tea.

October 28, 2010 at 7:53 pm |
    • giorgio serafini

Le persone che si dedicano ad una attività religiosa o monastica,pur rimanendo negli Ordini consacrati dovrebbero lasciare incarichi di servizio quando le forze fisiche e psichiche iniziano a decadere.

October 30, 2010 at 12:29 pm |