home
RSS
December 9th, 2010

Texas Reverend: 'Okay to say Merry Christmas'

Rev. Robert Jeffress, First Baptist Church, Dallas, launches GrinchAlert.com,calling out stores without Christmas cheer.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Baptist • Belief • Christianity • Christmas • Church • Culture wars • Holidays • United States

1. seo

My spouse and i have been absolutely peaceful Emmanuel managed to deal with his basic research because of the ideas he made from your own web page. It's not at all simplistic to merely happen to be giving for free information that the rest may have been trying to sell. We do comprehend we have got the weblog owner to be grateful to for this. The specific explanations you made, the straightforward weblog navigation, the friendships you will aid to create it's many unbelievable, and it's facilitating our son and us reason why this concept is fun, which is certainly really important. Thank you for everything! seo http://fiverr.com/twnseobacklink

April 24, 2013 at 8:16 pm |
  2. Just a Jesus Believer

I am sorry if you are offended that Christians are making there voices heard in this Country. I am sorry if you are offended that our beliefs put our holidays around pagan ones. I am sorry if you are upset that we are practicing the right to freedom of speech and to protest. I am sorry that we have offended you by no longer bending to your ways. But I am Sick of Happy Holidays own what you believe. If you are Jews then say Happy Hanukkah, if you are Muslim, Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism or Sikhism what ever you are own it you are in a country that gives you that right. So when I go out and I say Merry Christmas don't hate me for my believes be glade you are in a country that will let you believe. If you say Happy Hanukkah to me I will more then likely come back with Merry Christmas. I am so tired of the political correctness that everyone is afraid to be who they are for fear of saying something wrong. If you don't like me saying Merry Christmas to you go to a country that does not allow it. It is religionists tallerice and I am one Jesus Believer that is tired of my believes being pushed aside so that someone eles will not be offended.

December 16, 2010 at 10:26 pm |
  3. HotAirAce

I caught a reply of Alan Colmes interview of this idiot pastor – Colmes pretty much shredded the man. I wasn't able to find a complete recording or transcript of the interview but you can get a sense of it at http://www.theatheistrabbi.com/.

Another charlatan that christians should be ashamed of.

December 13, 2010 at 1:15 am |
  4. Tori

I don't get angry when people don't say Happy Hanukkah to me. I also don't angry when people say Merry Christmas (though I prefer Happy Holidays, it's what I say unless I know what the person's religious background is)
    People just need to calm down, this is absolutely ridiculous.

December 12, 2010 at 4:00 pm |
  5. Calus

It's okay to say "go to hell", too!
    To hell with christmas.
    Bah. Humbug!
    Bosh!

December 10, 2010 at 2:58 pm |
  6. PAGANGRL69

P.s. "I Love How The Grinch Stole Christmas"...such a classic!!!

Merry Winter Solstice...
    Blessed Be...

December 10, 2010 at 12:31 pm |
  7. PAGANGRL69

I really don't care what you say to me...-"Happy Holidays"-"Merry Winter Solstice"-"Merry X-mas"-etc.-However- I do draw the line of- Just don't start F–kin Preachin to me about any "God" or "Religion" Period...Then we will both be "Very Happy"...Esp. ME!!!
    BB...

December 10, 2010 at 12:18 pm |
    • dana farrell

The bible was written by men, about men and for men.

December 13, 2010 at 1:06 am |
  8. LeeCMH

This the the time of year when the suicide rate peaks. Merry Christmas!

December 10, 2010 at 11:51 am |
    • David Johnson

Probably all the Christians realizing they have been stupid for one more year! LOL

December 10, 2010 at 12:02 pm |
    • PAGANGRL69

This is True...Just read the stats...Too much shopping stress!!!...lololololololollllllll

December 10, 2010 at 12:34 pm |
  9. Fred

They removed the Bible and prayer from schools and replaced them with metal detectors and armed guards. That didn't work out so good, huh.

December 10, 2010 at 11:48 am |
    • David Johnson

@Fred

Metal detectors work better than prayer. Metal detectors are real.

Cheers!

December 10, 2010 at 11:59 am |
    • LeeCMH

So the implication that without Christianity people become violent. Over the past 2000 years western culture history Christians are responsible for most of the death in destruction, from the Crusades to the Inquisition and more. The ability to have a culture where there is respect and upholding of human dignity is not dependent on belief in a deity. Mark David Chapman, in part, killed John Lennon because of his Christian beliefs.

December 10, 2010 at 12:10 pm |
    • Mike, not me

But lee, in societies that reject all orginaized religion and turn toward secularism in the 20th centry the violence in mass amounts, Communist Russia, China, Cambodia and the French during the revolution.

December 10, 2010 at 12:16 pm |
    • Know What

Mike, not me,

How about Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Switzerland, Australia... and a long list of others who have a high percentage of atheists/agnostics?

December 10, 2010 at 12:28 pm |
    • LeeCMH

First, thanks "Mike, not me". I've seen the list of commie countries (the French revolution is new) before. They are part of the Family Research Council and Focus on the Family talking points. The original post referred to the "Bible," Also, eastern countries do not believe in deities they way westerners do which complicates such a simple comparison.

December 10, 2010 at 12:43 pm |
  10. Beautiful Feet

@David Johnson:

"Trust me. When you die, you die. You don't go anywhere."

How would you know that unless you have died?

December 10, 2010 at 10:49 am |
    • David Johnson

Because I have a book that tells me it is true. Same as you, Sparky.

What is your proof that there is an afterlife or a desert hobgoblin?

Cheers!

December 10, 2010 at 12:01 pm |
    • salmos8318

@DJ
      Hey... finally found something that you and I are in agreement on... and you'll find that you agree with the biblical stance as well... Eccl 9:5,10 "For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten. All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol, the place to which you are going". So, when we die... we're just non-existent... death is the opposite of life.

December 10, 2010 at 12:10 pm |
  11. Sunny Farley

And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. He puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.

December 10, 2010 at 9:57 am |
    • Frogist

My favorite part is where his heart grows 3 sizes. I get all teary. Its nice to think that no one is beyond changing for the better.

December 10, 2010 at 11:32 am |