home
RSS
January 29th, 2011

Bishop Eddie Long breaks media silence

[cnn-video url= http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2011/01/29/dnt.bishop.long.speaks.wsb%5D

Atlanta, Georgia area megachurch pastor Eddie Long gives his first media interview since four young men accused him of sexual coercion last fall to CNN affiliate WSB.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Christianity • Georgia • Leaders

« Previous entry
  1. Amy613

We found them, so should you!
    The 2 witnesses spoken of in revelation chapter 11 call 800 613 9494

January 30, 2011 at 8:03 am |
    • Marc

There were 3 witnesses until Col. Sanders went teats up.

February 3, 2011 at 1:27 pm |
  2. anaelisa

Matthew 7:21,22 read: Not everyone saying to me, ' Lord,Lord, will enter into the kingdom of the heavens,but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.Many will say to me in that day,'Lord,Lord, did we not prophesy in your name,and expel demons in your name,and perform many powerful works in your name? Verse 231read:And yet then I will confess to them:I never knew YOU!Get away from me,YOU workers of lawlessness." Now all of you really NEED to read the Scriptures for yourselves. The theme of the Bible is God's Kingdom not heavenly life.

January 30, 2011 at 7:57 am |
  3. HoneyBrownEyez

I had to stop watching when that guy was singling him out and praising him. I just couldn't stomach it.

January 30, 2011 at 7:05 am |
  4. Lotus Flower

The saddest part about that video is that the people of his congregation and the people at those awards do not believe he could have done wrong. He should remember what is done in darkness will come to light.

January 30, 2011 at 6:45 am |
  5. everyone in the world

Now your in the hottest seat ,and long's right there with you!

January 30, 2011 at 6:17 am |
  6. MuDdLe57

If Long's brand of religion turns out to be true, then, when it comes to heaven, I feel a little like Huck Finn: I won't try for it. I certainly don't see any advantage in going anyplace where Eddie Long is going.

January 30, 2011 at 6:11 am |
  7. everyone in the world

Voice your Dam opinion,it won't do a bet of good if you don't have the faith to move those mountains that cause this to happen!El is a lukewarm Damed Man! And God is dealing with all people like him!!!!

January 30, 2011 at 6:03 am |
  8. everyone in the world

Clowns,Hey now I was just rejoicing in the Truth,I can do that,I seem to remember Jesus Dyeing because of the truth,what was cowardly about That?He's the one that brings armys to bring down Cowards like such as EL!

January 30, 2011 at 5:51 am |
  9. Bo Wimbley

Forgive me Lawd, but knew some sin was gonna jump off when you hired a guy named EDDIE LONG to do do your business.

January 30, 2011 at 5:07 am |
  10. chad

Clowns: If you address a topic, direct your comments to the poster so we know you arent a liberal coward.

January 30, 2011 at 3:56 am |
  11. chad

ah yes! ANOTHER "minister/bishop/preacher" that is black and is getting away with IRS credits for a "ministry". Just like jesse and al sharp-turd, they are screwing black people, just like the blacks that sold the slaves to the traders. Too sad. they never had a chance except for being held down or on display as performers.

January 30, 2011 at 3:53 am |
  12. everyone in the world

Is that part of the Beast?It sounds really evil,know wonder there's so much confusion!I'd lay that down ,and seek the truth,,,FAST!Peaceful with The true living God thank you very much!My true Love

January 30, 2011 at 3:34 am |
  13. Will

The Abrahamic deity is a lie. Come back to Odin.

January 30, 2011 at 3:27 am |
  14. everyone in the world

Ok ,Children be angry ,and sin not!

January 30, 2011 at 3:20 am |
  15. everyone in the world

Hey,what did he look like ill tell you if it was my Mighty Brother Micheal.Well you went ,and did that wrong to God should have changed you not my Brother,But I can beleave knowing he is is Very Great!That's somE good news,knowing he still stands up for the Children of the people.

January 30, 2011 at 3:09 am |
  16. Christian

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"
    -Matthew 7:3

Don't spend your time judging others, God has that part handled. Worry about your own life because judgement day is coming very soon as we will all face death. Do you know where your going when you die?

January 30, 2011 at 3:04 am |
    • claybigsby

why are you so afraid of death? why do you have to use your fear to try and scare people into believing what you believe? Death is a part of life. get over it.

January 31, 2011 at 9:35 am |
  17. jayvee2

<> Where's the "news" here?

January 30, 2011 at 2:53 am |
  18. MrBoiseguy44

Just another predator wrapped in Shepard's clothing. One guy accuses, then maybe it's a false complaint, perhaps even two, but when 4 people come forward at great risk to their own reputations? No, Eddie Long is just a hustler in a business that encourages hustlers, like Ted Haggerty, Jim Baker and so very many more. People of true faith are tricked repeatedly by these phony baloney types. Time to wake up and drive all these serpents out. My prediction: Eddy will confess his sins, seek forgiveness, be forgiven and go back to his evil ways, just slicked up is all.

January 30, 2011 at 2:53 am |
  19. Jez

People like this make me sick. In my opinion they should be stung up and shown no mercy

January 30, 2011 at 2:06 am |
  20. Brian

If you have seen this guy preach on television you know what a joke he is.

January 30, 2011 at 1:59 am |