home
RSS
January 29th, 2011

Bishop Eddie Long breaks media silence

[cnn-video url= http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2011/01/29/dnt.bishop.long.speaks.wsb%5D

Atlanta, Georgia area megachurch pastor Eddie Long gives his first media interview since four young men accused him of sexual coercion last fall to CNN affiliate WSB.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Christianity • Georgia • Leaders

« Previous entry
  1. Sharekia

I find it hilarious that there are ppl who are defending these actions. If this were a rapper instead of a pastor I am certain that the response from the church would be different! Hypocrites!

January 30, 2011 at 12:07 pm |
  2. David Johnson

I am getting a revelation! I see Jesus! He is telling all you Evangelicals to send me money! Would I lie to you? Jesus is in me. Well, not actually in me. But He is close to me.

This is why I love me some the fundies! They are soooo gullible. They will baaaahlieve anything.

Cheers!

January 30, 2011 at 12:01 pm |
  3. Lisa in Chicago

Yet another 'man of God' using his influence to get his penis off. Are you surprised?

THIS is why religion is for retards. In this day and age to see grown people believing in something that is akin to believing in Santa-ey Clause is astounding to me. Then to allow your children to be around some STRANGER all in the name of religion?!

Because he is a preacher! Oh, now I get it, it makes him safe huh? Not at all, he is is still JUST A PERSON and a stranger.

They will slap him on his hand and he'll be able to go back to his MONEY MAKING BUSINESS of conning for God, and still live a better lifestyle than his "flock" lives, Wow, people are so stuipd......and they KEEP giving!

Think for yourself for a change, not by using some book, or listening to some con man on a stage with God props pulled out telling you how to live, when, trust me, he is NOT living like he says you should. Wake up......

January 30, 2011 at 11:48 am |
  4. JenniferM

Think whatever you want about TV preachers. They will never get one penny of my money.

January 30, 2011 at 11:37 am |
  5. Mike in SA

From "Beer for my Horses" –
    A man had to answer for the wicked that he done
    Take all the rope in Texas
    Find a tall oak tree, round up all of them bad boys
    Hang them high in the street for all the people to see

Works for me in all cases like this.

January 30, 2011 at 11:20 am |
  6. aPerson

Just a turrrrrible situation. I just cried.

January 30, 2011 at 11:09 am |
  7. brian

People keep saying he MOLESTED someone. He MOLESTED children. IT IS A LIE. He cheated on his wife with consented, gay, men, OF LEGAL AGE. HIs problem is NOT criminal. THESE WERE NOT CHILDREN. He did what he did with adults. The issue now is civil and NOT criminal. Try learning what happened before you start making public declarations.

January 30, 2011 at 11:07 am |
  8. brian

People keep saying he MOLESTED someone. He MOLESTED children. IT IS A LIE. He cheate don his wife with consented, gay, men, OF LEGAL AGE. HIs problem is NOT criminal. THESE WERE NOT CHILDREN. He did what he did with adults. The issue now is civil and NOT criminal. Try learning what happened before you start making public declarations.

January 30, 2011 at 11:06 am |
  9. Apostle Eric vonAnderseck

Apostle Eric says; “Herein is My Father glorified, that you bring forth much fruit so shall ye be My disciples.” God uses the spoilers to draw attention away from the righteous so that the righteous can focus on those that hear His voice. http://apostlestoday.net/

January 30, 2011 at 10:35 am |
  10. 8wheelsortwo

We all know this man is a perverted pulpit pimp. What really irks me about this piece are the fakes at this event that are applauding him. WTH?!

January 30, 2011 at 10:13 am |
  11. Liz

I blame the church members for allowing this man to be in charge of anything. He was storing hundreds of thousands of dollars of black diamonds at the church, drives a Bentley...are you kidding me? This is what he's doing with the money of the parishoners and they're okay with that? I guess they didn't read the Bible and it's requirement to "Give up all your material possessions and follow me" or that pastors are "not to be lovers of money." Sickening this man was a Reverend just on that alone, don't get me started on the kids....

January 30, 2011 at 10:10 am |
    • 8wheelsortwo

@Liz... I guess the entire congregation missed the part about studying the bible and working out your own relationship with God the Father and Jesus Christ. People always look to men to lead them and they forget that all have flaws and all have fallen short and all will continue to fall short in this life.

January 30, 2011 at 10:16 am |
  12. 8wheelsortow

We know this man is a perverted pulpit pimp. What really irks me are the fakes sitting around at this event applauding him. WTH?!

January 30, 2011 at 10:10 am |
  13. JimmyJam048

It's odd that people attack Chritianity because of people like Bishop Long. While I don't think you need to live in poverty to proove that you are a "GOOD" Christian, living like a king definetly casts some doubt as to his sincerity.
    In the bible,Jesus was constanly harassted by the scribes and the Pharasee. Jesus spoke much about them. About how we are not to be like them. When I see fake preachers and I see those that are crtical of all Christianty (because of the false prophets), I get a very clear picture of what Jesus was talking about.
    Thanks guys!

January 30, 2011 at 10:04 am |
  14. teremist

The devil knows The Lord God, His Son, Jesus, The Christ, and the Holy Spirit, are and always have been real. The devil is happy to use his whiles in the guise of false teachers and prophets. Let the Lord's will be done.

January 30, 2011 at 9:33 am |
  15. Henriette

Anyone care to bet Long is a Republican?

January 30, 2011 at 9:28 am |
  16. Oh brother!

Where were the PARENTS of these boys when the abuse was going on??! You don't leave your kids alone w/an OLD MAN.

January 30, 2011 at 9:11 am |
  17. Connie

Guilty, guilty, guilty...shame shame shame. .. Eddie Long, go get a real job, and stop using religion to steal people's money and prey on young men.. Shame on you!!
    As for racism...Everything is not racist..... Please, America....get used to the idea that we are a multiracial country..and will remain so! I am Black, and I have no intentions of going anywhere!. He isn't the first money grubbing, child molesting, adulterous preacher on tv...shall I name them?....and wont be the last

January 30, 2011 at 9:00 am |
  18. So?

Men like this self-proclaimed "bishop" pervert religion to suit their personal and financial needs. And there will always be those fearful people who buy into it because they need to pay their way into heaven. Unfortunately, there will always be corrupt shysters like Eddie Long as long as there are people dumb enough to pay his way through life.

January 30, 2011 at 8:52 am |
  19. gc

Although what he did is not for me to judge, it's the Lord's job.....wearing that wig is a heinous crime.

January 30, 2011 at 8:51 am |
  20. freetime1

I bet he was hoping one of the young men getting the trumpet awards would also play his trumpet. There lots of suckers out there and it seems a bunch of them go to mega churches lol.

January 30, 2011 at 8:32 am |