home
RSS
February 7th, 2011

Gay parenting takes off in the Bible Belt

By Rich Phillips, Senior Producer

Jacksonville, Florida (CNN) – Latisha Bines and Misty Gray cheered like any other parents at a recent middle school soccer game.

They're the two soccer moms in 13-year-old Darion Bines’ life. The women and all three of Latisha’s children operate as a family. And they've turned to their church for support, suggesting a changing face of the Bible Belt.

Data from the most recent U.S. Census shows that the South has the largest share of gay parents in the country.

“There are more of us coming out,” Bines said. “We’re feeling more comfortable about who we are. I guess it gives us more of a chance than back in the '80s, when you had to stay in the closet because you were ridiculed.”

Bines came out after having three children. She and Misty were joined as life partners in 2010 commitment ceremony. They live in part of the conservative Deep South, where many communities have not been receptive to so-called gay families.

“Gay and lesbian people tend to come out later in life, in those areas, which means they are more likely to have children from a previous relationship earlier in their lives,” said Gary Gates, a demographer with the Williams Institute at the University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law.

Gates analyzed the data from the American Community Survey from 2005-09, which is administered by the Census Bureau. His analysis also showed that across the country, gay parents are more likely to be black or Hispanic than they are to be white.

According to the survey, San Antonio, Texas, leads the country in gay parenting, with 34% of same-sex couples raising children. That's followed by Jacksonville, Florida at 32%.

Read more about gay adoption in Florida.

Bines and Gray have lived in Jacksonville all their lives.

They say they’ve found that their sexual orientation and spirituality can come together and be welcomed in gay-friendly Jacksonville area churches that were once off limits.

“It was welcome. It was comfortable,” Bines said. “We’re lesbian, but our God still loves us, no matter what.”

Bines sings in the choir at the nondenominational St. Luke’s Community Church, which was firebombed three times in the 1980s, apparently because of its policy of welcoming lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender congregants.

The church's pastor, Valerie Williams, is a gay activist. She says church policy all about family acceptance, especially for children.

The goal is “acceptance of their parents and being able to be around other children who have the same makeup of families that they have,” she said. "God is love and that’s the God that we serve here.”

Some local congregations challenge Williams' approach. When word of Jacksonville’s gay parent ranking in the census began to spread, one pastor asked for everyone to pray.

Pastor Vaughn McLaughlin, of the Potter’s House Christian Fellowship, told CNN that the Bible does not teach or encourage gay relationships, which he says confuse children.

“A lifestyle of open, same-sex relationships, that can’t regenerate, that can’t produce, that can’t do anything,"  said McLaughlin, who leads a megachurch. "I find it to be over and against what I actually have found the truth of the Bible to be.”

“Marriage is between a man and a woman," he continued. "That’s the biblical premise for what we believe, for what we teach, and we’re gonna hold on to that.”

But at St. Luke’s, Williams defended the rights of gay people and their families to worship.

“The children are able to serve God , with their families, and not being judged by the person sitting in the pew in front of them… snickering, like, ‘Why do they have kids? Why are they here?’”

Williams has started a support group for the children of gay parents. There, kids can talk about problems they're dealing with, including discrimination, over a hot dog or spaghetti dinner and review their report cards with Williams, who is known by congregants as Pastor Val.

And for Bines and Gray, the church has been a welcome addition to their lives.

“It’s brought us together, structurally as a family,” Gray said. “And because of the recent death rates, the suicide rates for kids being bullied, it’s extremely strong for the church to be a factor in the kids lives.”

Gates, the demographer, and Williams said they believe a cultural or religious support system might allow people to be more honest about their sexual orientation on a government survey.

“People are more willing to indicate on these government surveys that they are part of a same-sex couple, even in the more conservative parts of the country,” said Gates. “It’s a sign of progress.”

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Christianity • Florida • Gay marriage • Homosexuality • Houses of worship • United States

soundoff (1,055 Responses)
  1. Melitsace

My partner and i raise or 6 year old daughter to believe that you love people for who they are and have no right to judge people. I think that is more than a lot of these "christians" do. And the arguement that we shouldn't be together because we cannot procreate is an ignorant arguement. I know women who couldn't reproduce with their husbands...should they not get to stay married to their husband?? Ohhhh, wait, that is god's will, right? Whatever.

February 7, 2011 at 5:22 pm |
  2. Big Lou

As well – I do believe some issues are more likely to occur because of a closer pre-disposition regarding choices. That because of environment, cognitive and physiological issues – a certain choice may be made – but it is still a choice.

February 7, 2011 at 5:22 pm |
    • LJ

It might help if you actually read the reports. I am merely giving you the talking points.

February 7, 2011 at 5:29 pm |
  3. Reality

o All "Abrahamics" believe that their god created all of us and of course that includes the g-ay members of the human race. Also, those who have studied ho-mo-se-xuality have determined that there is no choice involved therefore ga-ys are ga-y because god made them that way.-

To wit:

o The Royal College of Psy-chiatrists stated in 2007:

“ Despite almost a century of psy-choanalytic and psy-chological speculation, there is no substantive evidence to support the suggestion that the nature of parenting or early childhood experiences play any role in the formation of a person’s fundamental heteros-exual or hom-ose-xual orientation. It would appear that s-exual orientation is biological in nature, determined by a complex interplay of ge-netic factors and the early ut-erine environment. Se-xual orientation is therefore not a choice.[60] "

"Garcia-Falgueras and Swaab state in the abstract of their 2010 study, "The fe-tal brain develops during the intraut-erine period in the male direction through a direct action of tes-tosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hor-mone surge. In this way, our gender identi-ty (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and s-exual orientation are programmed or organized into our brain structures when we are still in the womb. There is no indication that social environment after birth has an effect on gender ident–ity or s-exual orientation."[8

Of course, those gays who belong to Abrahamic religions abide by the rules of no adu-ltery or for-nication allowed.

February 7, 2011 at 5:21 pm |
  4. liz

Last time I checked, eating pork products and shellfish were Old Testament abominatins and southerners aren't trying to shut down McDonald's or protesting in front of Red Lobster.

February 7, 2011 at 5:16 pm |
    • Amber87

Last time I checked the no eating pork thing or no shellfish was from the old testament. When Christ came those crazy laws changed. Those were old jewish laws, they don't pertain to today. Read the New Testament.

February 7, 2011 at 6:15 pm |
  5. Ernie

GOD makes no mistakes...People do

February 7, 2011 at 5:16 pm |
  6. JohnP

It can be hard enough to be parents, but gay parents in the bible belt? With how easily the law and people there can throw wrenches into their lives, I don't know if staying is an act of strength or irresponsibility ... but I wish the families the best of luck regardless.

February 7, 2011 at 5:16 pm |
  7. Scott

Tom, Tom – Interesting "all evidence tells us that s3xual orientation is either innate or genetic in nature" is incorrect. Their is competing data on both sides (genetic vs environmental/learned). Both have very small statistical significance. So, while I agree that hate is not the answer for one side, bad scientific reference is also not the answer for the other.

February 7, 2011 at 5:14 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Show me where you found said data.

February 7, 2011 at 5:29 pm |
    • JohnP

@Scott

Even the legitimate "environmental" causes seem to almost always refer to very early, most pre-natal things that can't be changed as an adult and are really not in control of the mother or child. If I would grant you the "learned" portions even, as in controllable things in childhood that affect orientation outcome, the best analog would still look to be something like height. One could stunt or improve their growth as a child (lifting, food, etc) ... but that in no way means the future adult could "learn" or "choose" a different height later on. Orientation, at least in men, seems about as innate as it gets ...

February 7, 2011 at 5:44 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

<crickets chirping. I'm waiting, Scott.

February 7, 2011 at 5:45 pm |
  8. liz

The same Bible belt where "good" Christian folks hold tradtional marriage in such high esteem that they'll divorce and do it 3 or 4 or more times. In a church even.

February 7, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
  9. nonovyerbeezwax

I can't even begin to express my disappointment in the posts of the so-called Christians on here. If you people, even those of you who are polite and respectful, are examples of Christians, I want nothing to do with you. A religion that condemns people who are gay simply for being who they are-and no one 'chooses' his orientation any more than you did-has nothing I want. Who'd want to go to a heaven populated by people who believe you are 'deviant'?

I search for spiritual connections, and had hoped I'd one day come back to the church in which I was raised by a mother who exemplified all that you people do not. I want nothing to do with your sort.

February 7, 2011 at 5:09 pm |
  10. Kermit

And the most important part of all this for me: I am a Christian and I believe Jesus Christ is my Savior, and I know that he loves all people, because his Father in Heaven created all people in his image.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.: "We must learn to live together as brothers, or perish together as fools."

Ghandi: "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ."

February 7, 2011 at 5:06 pm |
    • chris

You know, I actually love that statement by Ghandi because it speaks of just how awesome Jesus is. We can aspire, but in this lifetime...man, we are so unlike Him.

February 7, 2011 at 6:34 pm |
  11. Jack

They're the two soccer moms in 13-year-old Darion Bines’ life/ What a disgraceful shame. The kids have no dad, no father.

February 7, 2011 at 4:58 pm |
    • nonovyerbeezwax

I'm betting she'll turn out better than any spawn you raise.

February 7, 2011 at 5:03 pm |
    • LJ

There are millions of single parents out in society doing a great job with their children which is why your argument is so weak. Studies comparing groups of children raised by ho-mo-s3x-ual and by he-tero-s3x-ual parents find no developmental differences between the two groups of children in four critical areas: their intelligence, psychological adjustment, social adjustment, and popularity with friends. It is also important to realize that a parent's s3x-ual orientation does not indicate their children's.

February 7, 2011 at 5:22 pm |
    • Tom

I'm sure two loving parents will do just fine ... better than most actually.

February 7, 2011 at 5:46 pm |
  12. Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Not a single one of the Christians here has been able to respond to the questions I've posed to chris, other than to insist that those who are g ay must "deny" themselves the marriages and families that straights have in order to go to "heaven". When all evidence tells us that s3xual orientation is either innate or genetic in nature, and you people believe God created it all, where is the logic in your argument? There isn't any. I reject your interpretation of the Bible as the word of God and I reject your beliefs.

February 7, 2011 at 4:55 pm |
    • Big Lou

Apologies for repeating a post but I think it is worth the discussion;

Tom; When you say all the evidence points to things being innate – what evidence is that exactly. I constantly see studies and evaluations, methodologies that come up with "both sides" of many things. First – too much fibre, not enough fibre, same numbers continually divulge different results. We only recently mapped the human genome. Yet how can we even now what that really means. What is really the baseline? Evidence cannot, and will not explain everything. Simply because we (humanity) are finite. Yet we see the universe as virtually infinite. While some absolutes may be be a "reality" (the earth is round; yet topologically it really isn't) how can we assume something is innate – or not?

February 7, 2011 at 5:06 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

I assume you're straight, Lou. When did you choose to be so?

February 7, 2011 at 5:10 pm |
    • LJ

@Big Lou it's the apa that is stating it which is a scientific and professional organization and is thelargest association of psychologists worldwide. They have stated that there are numerous theories about the origins of a person's s3x-ual orientation. Most scientists today agree that s3x-ual orientation is most likely the result of a compl3x inter-action of environmental, cogn-itive and biological factors. In most people, s3x-ual orientation is shaped at an early age. There is also considerable recent evidence to suggest that biology, including genetic or inborn horm-onal factors, play a significant role in a person's s3x-ua-lity.

February 7, 2011 at 5:16 pm |
    • Big Lou

Of course your initial assumption is that I am straight because I simply asked about your base line of proof. You do not really "know" do you? Only through added investigation will you become more certain – correct? That is the point of my argument.

While I do have certain beliefs – that does not obviate the possibility of the conclusions from scientific method being incorrect.

February 7, 2011 at 5:16 pm |
    • Big Lou

LJ – I do understand there is a lot of scientific study – but there is an interesting part of your response that include environmental. While I do believe most things in life (except certain physiological traits) are choices – the mere fact they consider environmental as one of them leads me to believe some choice is involved because only you can dictate how environmental impacts you.

February 7, 2011 at 5:20 pm |
    • Big Lou

Sorry having to double post again – just not used to this forum yet.

February 7, 2011 at 5:23 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

I notice you didn't answer the question I posed to you.

February 7, 2011 at 5:23 pm |
    • LJ

@Big Lou @Big Lou. No, human beings cannot choose to be either gay or straight. For most people, s3x-u-al orientation emerges in early adolescence without any prior s3x-ual experience. Although we can choose whether to act on our feelings, psychologists do not consider s3x-ual orientation to be a conscious choice that can be voluntarily changed.

February 7, 2011 at 5:26 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

One study showed that when a family had several male children, the youngest was more likely to be g ay than his older siblings. Another showed that males who had a ring finger (or a middle finger, I don't recall which) that was longer than the finger next to it was more likely to be g ay.

February 7, 2011 at 5:27 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Your belief that a choice is made indicates that you must have consciously made one, Lou. When did you do that?

February 7, 2011 at 5:28 pm |
    • Big Lou

@Tom;

What is the importance of an answer to by gender preference when it has no bearing on the discussion regarding the statement of innateness? Aren't we having a scientific discussion – that is what you used in your argument? Unless my discussion possibly becomes less pertinent to you because of my gender preference.

February 7, 2011 at 5:28 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

It simply stands to reason that if you believe that s3xual orientation involves conscious choice, everyone must have made that choice at some point. I don't remember making one; do you?

And since I'll be 90% of the posters here are assuming I'm a gay man, including you, here's a surprise. I am straight, female, and have been happily married to a great guy for several decades.

February 7, 2011 at 5:34 pm |
    • cadecker

when did i choose to be straight?
      you are born straight....the choice is to be gay....with that choice you allow a demon to take your life over...the devil is gay... its his nature... and he will fight to keep your soul...he will feed you lies to alter your thinking ... he will make you a fighter for his cause.... are you gay tom?

February 7, 2011 at 5:35 pm |
    • Big Lou

@ Tom;

I did answer – but it is in moderation now with the explanation.

February 7, 2011 at 5:36 pm |
    • cadecker

i can answer your question tom

February 7, 2011 at 5:39 pm |
    • Big Lou

Unfortunately; I have to temporarily leave the current conversation. I will return in about an hour if it's still on.

February 7, 2011 at 5:39 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

cadecker, go run along now and leave this discussion to people who have more than two brain cells.

February 7, 2011 at 5:40 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

cadecker, I wouldn't take your answer for anything but dreck if the question was "What time is it?"

February 7, 2011 at 5:41 pm |
    • cadecker

you claim you are straight... are you a true christian? do you accept jesus as son of god? do you believe being gay is a sin? do you believe one will be punished their sins?

if you say no to any one of those... the demons have you too...thats their job is to make you think like you are right now

February 7, 2011 at 5:46 pm |
    • cadecker

lol 2 brain cells.....cute

February 7, 2011 at 5:47 pm |
    • cadecker

you are playing right into his hands...and you dont see it.... i pray one day you see the truth...your hostility towards me totally proves my point and lous

February 7, 2011 at 5:49 pm |
    • cadecker

rejection of the bible which you claim...is more of a sin than being gay....good luck with your life and may god come save you one day...good bye

February 7, 2011 at 5:51 pm |
    • LJ

It's found in nature which means God created it. It's not a sin which means that it's not part of being possesed by a demon.

February 7, 2011 at 5:54 pm |
    • chris

Tom, this is the point when we Christians, after trying to answer and you rejecting everything we tell you, wipe the dust off our feet and tell you to have a good day. If you don't recieve it now, you don't recieve it now....and that's ok. Hopefully something changes. I will be praying for you. I'll say "Tom" in my prayers, but God knows who I'm talking about.

February 7, 2011 at 6:30 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

chris, while I respect your right to worship as you choose, I don't believe in your religion. Don't bother saying prayers for me. I'm not interested in the God you pray to.

February 7, 2011 at 6:36 pm |
    • chris

Tom, Tom, the piper's son,
      Stole a pig, and away did run;
      The pig was eat
      And Tom was beat,
      And Tom went crying
      Down the street

....sorry, just was curious about your screen name...never heard of the song before. Any significance?
      Peace holmes

February 7, 2011 at 6:55 pm |
    • cadecker

@LJ demons dont come from the natural world either just like this issue... its your choice to believe too...your choice

February 7, 2011 at 7:03 pm |
    • LJ

Well you reply shows you do selective reading I said God created it. It's why he gave us science so we would understand that.

February 7, 2011 at 7:09 pm |
  13. ThereGoesHumanity

Love and Pleasure are two different things but Perversion in any form is the same.

Being gay is a form of perversion. Just like any other.

February 7, 2011 at 4:55 pm |

No, it isn't.

February 7, 2011 at 4:56 pm |
    • LJ

Thankfully the experts in their fields disagree with you which is why they have clearly stated that ho-mo-s3x-uality is not a mental disorder. It might help if you actually read the reports.

February 7, 2011 at 5:08 pm |
    • ThereGoesHumanity

It is. Let's put aside religion and evolution. And let's talk about the human anatomy. Can a gay couple naturally create another human? And the answer is No. Being Gay is A form if pleasure. Yes you can lover human being but if it becomes physcial is it perverted?...and the answer is Yes, yes it is.

February 7, 2011 at 5:11 pm |
    • ThereGoesHumanity

It is. Let’s put aside religion and evolutio, and let’s talk about the human anatomy. Can a gay couple naturally create another human? And The answer will be, No! Being Gay is a form of pleasure. Yes you can love another human being but if it becomes physcial is it perverted?…and the answer is Yes, yes it is.

February 7, 2011 at 5:14 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Not a valid argument. The purpose of s3x is not simply for procreation. Additionally, many straight couples can't have children. Our species is hardly in danger of dying out.

Sorry, but your argument holds no water.

February 7, 2011 at 5:22 pm |
    • cadecker

@LJ true its not a mental disorder...but is actually a demon possession...which only god can take away and bind the demon...no doctor can fix it..not one doctor can explain how or why it happens...thats becuase they believe in science and not god..but a true christain pastor with the help of god can cure ... it is the demon that fights against the truth and feeds the lies to get what he wants....he wants your soul to destroy you

February 7, 2011 at 5:28 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Oh, great. The nut-job is here.

February 7, 2011 at 5:32 pm |
    • JohnP

The word "perversion" aside, it is not a mental illness by any means. Simply a masculanized or femanized brain in the other body (I personally think less "deviant," as in deviating from the norm, of the still common situation of people born inters ex / hermaphrodite). Having an orientation towards, say, women ... isn't an illness ... even if a, say, woman has that orientation.

PS: Not everyone is quite as prejudicial towards difference as you, BTW. So what if a small minority doesn't fit your gender norms to a key? I think it is more your problem than theirs that you are running around yelling "perverted" over it.

February 7, 2011 at 5:32 pm |
    • Water to whine

Ho mo se xuality is the result of a chromesomal change that can happen in early chromesomal development. It occurs throughout nature, not just in humans, and is a natural phenomenon. Gays don't choose to be the way they are in the vast majority of cases. They are that way because of a process that exists in nature, not becauuse they are perverted.

February 7, 2011 at 5:35 pm |
    • Water to whine

@cadecker
      And, you are possessed by a demon called delusion. Watch out, it not only has your soul, but your brain as well.

February 7, 2011 at 5:38 pm |

What brain?

February 7, 2011 at 5:44 pm |
    • YNot

Not cute. Accurate. Go blow.

February 7, 2011 at 5:49 pm |
  14. Michelle

Netta, thank you for an honest answer. Your right. The ones who are "butch" are going to be the ones who are noticed. I never looked at it that way before. Which was the main reason I asked the question in the first place. For the rest of you who just too my question as an opportunity to attack me, are you really that insecure about yourself that you can't believe someone just wants to learn about people who are different from them?

February 7, 2011 at 4:53 pm |
  15. Nicollette

I don't know why pople bother arguing about religion. The simple fact is you believe what you believe and you live the best way you can with that belief. You can't MAKE anyone agree with your beliefs whether it be Christianity or whatever. And for those people that say they have renounced God and Christianity, you couldn't have been a real Christian to begin with. It's one thing to disagree with the behavior of a group of people, but to walk away from God entirely is a different story. People change, but God doesn't and if you were a true believer of Christ and His teachings you wouldn't be able to walk away.

February 7, 2011 at 4:52 pm |
    • Jay

Ah the 'no true Christian' fallacy.... guess what Nicollette you can be as Christian as anyone else on the block and still give it up when you realize there tain't no god up there.

February 7, 2011 at 5:04 pm |
    • Jamison Valleroot

You could if the religious brain washing wore off by exposure to facts and logic. It's happened in the lives of millions of former Christians. Ask them, they'll be glad to share.

February 7, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
  16. Gina

So according to the one pastor, if you are female and have already been thru menopause then he is against you getting married or if you are infertile. Because you cannot reproduce. I guess anyone who wants to get married but doesn't want children should not be allowed to get married either?

Not for nothing but I don't agree with any religion. But I do not stop people who believe from living the way they see fit. So why can't they extend the same courtesy to others? You live your life the way you want. I will live mine. No one said that if you disagree on any level with gay marriage that you have to do it!

No one said anything about being married in churches. I got married in a civil ceremony to a man (if anyone was wondering) no church involved. So why should anyone in religious circles have anything to say about gay marriage, especially those ceremonies done in civil settings. Everyone just needs to mind their own business.

If I have offended god (which I don't believe in anyway) I guess I will find out when I am dead. And that is my problem not yours. Worry about your own soul and I will worry about mine.

February 7, 2011 at 4:51 pm |
    • JohnP

The odd thing about the gay marriage debate is that it doesn't (and can't) ban marriage ceremonies in churches. A friend of a friend of mine got married to his (male) partner in a church in Indiana just a few weeks ago. Of course they are not married legally in the eyes of the Government, since Indiana doesn't doesn't allow the marriage of gay couples, but they still got married in a church.

February 7, 2011 at 5:22 pm |
  17. JUDGE NOT

WELL LETS ALL JUST MIND OUR OWN BUSINESS AND FOCUS ON OUR OWN SALVATION. LET JUDGEMENT TAKE PLACE ON ITS OWN. TRUTH BE TOLD "WE" ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT CAN SEND OURSELVES TO "HEAVEN OR HELL"!!!!!

February 7, 2011 at 4:50 pm |
    • Chapstik Lez

That would be too easy, Judge Not. That would mean that people would actually have to pay attention to their own lives, only to realize they are as bad of Christians as they are claiming gay people (who are christian) to be. (my grammar isn't right but you get my point)

February 7, 2011 at 5:31 pm |
  18. Truth Seeker

It would seem that the sole purpose that God has for us is to have a true relationship with him. Just go back to the beginning of the Bible. What if we realize what was truly taking place back then? Adam and Eve were made to be in relationship with God. Well, unless you give man free will to make their own choices then it is a forced relationship. Would you want your son or daughter to be forced to love you? This is where sin entered and we became separated from our God because we made our choice. God has been testing us ever since to shape us into the perfect loving people he desires for us to be.

God left us with a choice and still does today. Neither side has the smoking gun to prove the point one way or the other. However, which will matter more in the end? Believing that a loving God wants us to have a relationship with him and give us everlasting life? Or that everything we know is just a random chance? I know that one will fill me with purpose in the here and now and also the hope of everlasting life after I leave this place. At the end of my time here on Earth I do not see myself reflecting back and saying, “Boy I wish I had bought into that random chance theory.” What a sad world we would live in to think that what we have here is it and there will never be anything more than this. Turn on the news or look down your street and you should know how horrible this place can be.

There is a lot of hatred and division in churches which is sad. Anyone, no matter what they have done or are should be able to have that relationship with God. In the end God is the ultimate judge of what is in our hearts. After so many years of civilization on this planet we are still suffering from the same problems back at day one. Sad…

February 7, 2011 at 4:49 pm |
  19. Adam

Gay doesn't even make God's top 10 list why does it make mans.

February 7, 2011 at 4:42 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Yeah, you'd think if it were the big deal some of these bozos claim, they'd be able to find more than a handful of verses about it, wouldn't you? What, there wasn't room on the two tablets for an 11th commandment?

February 7, 2011 at 5:01 pm |
    • pleurtre

You're incredibly stupid Adam

February 7, 2011 at 5:17 pm |
    • HeIsGod

It's more like this, Adam, if the unfaithful, such as a sinner who refuses to allow Christ save their souls, are NOT found in the Book of Life, why should they be found in the book or list of man.

February 7, 2011 at 5:25 pm |
    • YNot

That post makes no sense, HeIsGod. What are you talking about?

February 7, 2011 at 5:47 pm |
  20. Master_Kush

The best parents i've ever seen in my life were a gay male couple.. their children were absolutely charming and well behaved and respectful, i've never seen anything like it...

February 7, 2011 at 4:35 pm |