home
RSS
Glenn Beck meets with the Rev. Billy Graham
Glenn Beck at last August's 'Restoring Honor' rally. Billy Graham in 2005.
February 24th, 2011

Glenn Beck meets with the Rev. Billy Graham

By Dan Gilgoff, CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Conservative media star Glenn Beck is Mormon, but it's his first-ever meeting with an evangelical icon that has him gushing this week: a three-hour sit down with the Rev. Billy Graham.

The chat comes after Beck used his huge "Restoring Honor" rally in Washington last summer to build major bridges to the evangelical world, positioning himself as a new leader for Christian conservatives.

Given longstanding tensions between Mormons and evangelicals - Mormons consider themselves Christians, but many evangelicals do not - it seemed an unlikely role for Beck. But many prominent evangelicals have embraced him, with Beck organizing leading religious conservatives, mostly evangelicals, into a fledgling group called the Black Robed Regiment.

Beck said this week that he'd first requested a meeting with Graham eight months ago and that it finally happened last weekend.

"When I went to Billy Graham's mountaintop home in North Carolina, I didn't really expect that I would be having Chinese food, chopsticks and all with him, but I did," Beck said on his Fox News show on Tuesday, according to a transcript.

"I spoke of a growing darkness and evil," Beck said of his meeting with Graham. "He spoke of a greater growth of light."

In a blog post Tuesday, Beck parlayed his meeting into an attack on the political left, notes Politics Daily:

"In sitting there and speaking to Reverend Graham, I thought, here is a man who has been all around the world," Beck explained on his website on Tuesday, apparently a transcript of comments made on his radio show on Monday. "Here's a man who has seen it all. Here's a man who's done profound good. One of the first to stand in Alabama as a white preacher and stand and say we must come together."

Beck said this week that he'd hoped to meet with Graham in the runup to his conservative Washington rally last August.

"Billy Graham was probably the only other person who had tried to do something on the scale of what Glenn was hoping to accomplish" with the rally, Beck's website said Tuesday.

Beck said that he'll elaborate on his meeting on his Friday Fox News show.

- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: Christianity • Leaders • Mormonism • Politics

« Previous entry
  1. David Johnson

Yo, Believers!

I just read about this on the CNN web site. I actually found my eyes filling with tears.

I ask you, in all seriousness, where was god? Christians say their god is always present. Always observing. Am I to believe He sat upon His throne and watched, as these children were tortured?

He listened to and answered your prayers, to lose 10 pounds, or to get a good parking spot at the mall?

He is said to be all powerful. All good... I wouldn't expect Him to send an angel, with a fiery sword, to protect these little ones.
    Just to cause a neighbor to overhear the abuse and call the police. Something... Anything...Yet, He did nothing. He gave the children no respite. Not even death.

God either does not care, or does not exist.

February 25, 2011 at 10:05 am |
  2. Reality

Some examples of the take-home pay of some of these con artists

Glen Beck, $32 million in 2010, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/08/glenn-beck-earned-32-mill_n_529903.html

and from guidestar.org

Rev. Franklin Graham $800,000+/yr.
    Rev. Billy Graham, $400,000/yr
    Rabbi Bradley Hirschfield $331,708/yr
    Rev. Susan Brooks Thistlethwaite, $200,000/yr
    Erica Brown $134,221/yr
    Eboo Patel $120,000/yr.
    Dr. Herb Silverman $100,000/yr. ?
    Imam Rauf and his wife Daisy, $400,000/yr/ea estimated

February 25, 2011 at 12:45 am |
  3. NadePaulKuciGravMcKi

Neocon Glenn Beck's stunted development and profound immaturity.

February 24, 2011 at 6:25 pm |
  4. Brian

Glen Beck is an American hero

February 24, 2011 at 6:08 pm |
    • tallulah13

That's funny.

February 24, 2011 at 11:10 pm |
    • Deborah Hunter Williams

If what you say is true then God help us all!

February 25, 2011 at 1:09 pm |
  5. Anglican

Graham is a great man for many, many reasons. Beck will do anything for ratings and a buck.

February 24, 2011 at 5:48 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Yes, as he stroked the masses egos with the gospel of Billy for more than 50 years.

February 24, 2011 at 7:43 pm |
  6. Duwayne Anderson

Beck isn't just Mormon, he's a typical Mormon. Mormonism breeds guys like Beck.

February 24, 2011 at 4:35 pm |
  7. raf

As an evangelical, Beck scares me. He is a hate monger who went to Billy Graham NOT to listen but to pontificate and to get his name besides Grahams to look respectable in the eyes of the evangelical church. The church was dubbed by Hitler and I'm afraid it could happen again if we aren't careful. Mr Beck people –left and right - are sinners who need Jesus Christ. We will not be gods nor was God once a man like mormon theology espouses. wake up Christians, love your neighbor, left and right and stay as far away from Beck as you can!

February 24, 2011 at 3:15 pm |
    • The Bobinator

Can you logically explain to me why his beliefs are wrong and yours are correct?

If not, what point does your message have? You could be as deluded as Beck.

February 24, 2011 at 3:35 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Men and women doing evil is because they have rejected the truth, and God has given them a debased mind to do evil (Romans 1:28-32). They suppress Jesus' truth (Romans 1:18)."exchanged the truth of God for the lie" (Romans 1:25). Men reject the truth, and are not on a quest for it (John 3:19-21)! Romans 1:18 gives the reason "things like this happen." "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men." (Romans 1:18). God is angry (Psalm 7:11) He kills the ungodly ... spiritual death (Deuteronomy 32:39-41; 1 Samuel 2:6; Luke 12:4-5),
      Luke 13:1-3).

No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6).

Amen

February 24, 2011 at 4:32 pm |
    • The Bobinator

I said logical. Not simply assertations.

February 24, 2011 at 4:51 pm |
    • evolvedDNA

Heavensent.. Douglas Adams Last Chance to See pages 1-100. Richard Dawkins.. the God delusion.. all pages.. Charles Darwin..also any scientific books to help you out.

February 24, 2011 at 11:31 pm |
  8. Matt

Oh, look. Stupid in stereo.

February 24, 2011 at 3:11 pm |
    • The Bobinator

Don't poop in my hat and tell me it's a enchilada.

February 24, 2011 at 3:24 pm |
    • Jeff

@Bobinator, would you go with a taco salad?

February 24, 2011 at 11:41 pm |
    • Q

@Jeff – Ewwww! LOL!

February 24, 2011 at 11:45 pm |
  9. doctore0

Lucky for gawd he does not exist, just look at his fanbase.. wooo

February 24, 2011 at 2:42 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Just another one that follows satan's lies, big ego, thinking about what's in it for me, me, me ...at anyone/everyone's expense, do what you want, when you want, no one saw me, therefore, you can't prove a thing, chaos rocks, take no responsibility for thoughts, words, deeds, bend all the rules except when going against me ... mindset.

February 24, 2011 at 7:39 pm |
  10. Magic

Glenn Beck bills himself as a 'thinker'. He claims to ride the valiant white steed of logic and reason... but only part of the way up the hill; then he gets off and slits its throat... and dreams that a magic winged unicorn will take him the rest of the way.

February 24, 2011 at 2:29 pm |
    • JohnQuest

Isn't that called insanity?

February 24, 2011 at 2:33 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Magic, if you research back to the word "unicorn" in the Bible it means a type of oxen or beast of burden that lost one of it's horns.

February 24, 2011 at 4:55 pm |
    • HeavenSent

The teachings of Jesus' spiritual truth stands for eternity. What man (meaning woman too) does with His truth or refuses to do with His truth is the responsibility of the individual.

February 24, 2011 at 5:02 pm |
    • David Johnson

@HeavenSent

As usual you are lame.

There are many mythological creatures mentioned in the King James bible. Note that the King Jimmy is the official Book of Evangelicals!

Remember their battle cry: "The bible says it, I believe it, that settles it!"

Let's look at a few beasties:

Isaiah 34:7 (King James Version)
      7And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.

Isaiah 13:21 (King James Version)
      21But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.

Numbers 21:6 (King James Version)
      6And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.

Jeremiah 8:17 (King James Version)
      17For, behold, I will send serpents, co_ckatrices, among you, which will not be charmed, and they shall bite you, saith the LORD.

Malachi 1:3 (King James Version)
      3And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

What about that nasty brute the leviathan? Job 41; Isaiah 27:1; Psalm 74:12-14. God wrestles him.

More recent versions of "the word of God" have changed the mythological creatures mentioned in the King James version, to creatures, such as oxen, etc. The reason is, is that the inclusion of these creatures, greatly weakened the argument that the bible was the inerrant word of god. It read too much like a fairy tale. LOL

The reason cited for changing these mythological creatures names to oxen etc., was that they were a translation error.

Fundie Rule of Thumb: If a bible verse furthers the cause, it is to be taken literally. If a bible verse is detrimental to the cause, it is either: taken out of context; is allegorical; refers to another verse somewhere else; is a translation error; means something other than what it actually says; Is a mystery of god or not discernable by humans; or is just magic.

If you cannot believe in fiery serpents or creatures who are half man and half goat, how can you believe the rest of the silliness:
      God created Adam from a handful of dirt; Talking snakes; trees that bear fruit, that imparts knowledge and eternal life; a global flood, that required a pair of each organism on earth, be stuffed onto a boat; people who lived hundreds of years; a man who was swallowed by a fish, only to be spit up 3 days later, unhurt; a tower god was afraid might reach heaven; a woman who is turned into a pillar of salt; talking donkeys; a zombie messiah; zombie Saints who left their graves and wandered about the town; belief in a circular, flat earth.

If we cannot believe every word written in the King James is true, then how can we believe any of it is true?

Fundies do not believe in Christianity because it is true. To them Christianity is true because they believe it.

Cheers!

February 25, 2011 at 12:20 pm |
  11. Eric G.

As an atheist, I have only been threatned with hell and judgement about a dozen times today on these blogs. I have only been told that "everyone has the right to live the way believers think they should becuase believers know what is best for everyone" about 8 times. I need more religious rhetoric to fill my daily quota.

February 24, 2011 at 2:25 pm |
    • bettejodux

I'm a humanist. My name is Bettejo. I live in Hawaii. On the island of Kauai. i write a column I think you are going to love Come visit me at http://bettejo.wordpress.com/ Scroll around.. Peace and love Bettejo

February 24, 2011 at 3:48 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Eric G, you asked me to answer your question on a different article we were blogging ... I never got back to you since obviously, we are no longer on that post. I wanted you to know I do not ignore questions asked of me ... you must have figured out by now, CNN's blogging conditions on these posts are not the latest that technology has to offer (forcing endless searching through previous post to respond accordingly).

If I'm on-line at the time you ask a question of me, hopefully I'm still on-line to answer.

Peace.

February 24, 2011 at 4:47 pm |
  12. Ralph

Glenn Beck, Billy Graham, the West Minister Bapitists et al all have one thing in common: their angle is to fill their bankroll. It's that simple; it's that base. Under all the pomp, they really truly worship the Almighty Dollar.

February 24, 2011 at 2:05 pm |
    • JohnQuest

And they have done a really good job of it Glen makes over 30 mil a year, Billy makes 10 -20 mil a year. These cats are not average Americans, how have they convinced people that they are just "average Joes'), including Sarah (she takes in multimils a year too).

February 24, 2011 at 2:17 pm |
    • Ralph

@ johnquest
      how have they convinced people: I think PT Barnum said it most succintly "there's a sucker born every minute"

February 24, 2011 at 2:27 pm |
    • Magic

As skeptical as I am most of the time, I think that some of them are well-meaning... just incredibly deluded in their beliefs of supernatural beings and places.

February 24, 2011 at 2:34 pm |
    • Reality

Some take home pay of said con artists:-

and from guidestar.org

Rev. Franklin Graham $800,000+/yr.
      Rev. Billy Graham, $400,000/yr
      Rabbi Bradley Hirschfield $331,708/yr
      Rev. Susan Brooks Thistlethwaite, $200,000/yr
      Erica Brown $134,221/yr
      Eboo Patel $120,000/yr.
      Dr. Herb Silverman $100,000/yr. ?
      Imam Rauf and his wife Daisy, $400,000/yr/ea estimated

February 25, 2011 at 11:42 pm |
  13. Kim

I believe Glenn Beck is the anti-Christ.

February 24, 2011 at 1:42 pm |
    • Normon

To him, Jesus is the anti-Beck.

February 24, 2011 at 1:46 pm |
    • Joe

That's so funny. I happen to be LDS (Mormon) and I have actually thought the same thing. It is sad that so many people draw this "hard-line" Right=Good, Left=Bad. I feel very uncomfortable with any who are willing to paint people with such broad brush strokes, even if they share my religious conviction.

February 24, 2011 at 1:47 pm |
  14. CW

@ The Bobinator,

You say:
    "So the left is evil. Damn them for allowing people to have equal levels of freedom in direct conflict of our book of myths."

I say:
    So equal rights is where you want to start...let me ask how bout all the unborn babies that are killed every day...how bout their rights? Equal rights ehh?....where is my right to live in a moral society where I don't have walk down the street and see a g-'ay people indulging in Sin?....where is my rights? Try again.....The Bible is the only way to live your life....The Bible is the true word of God....Hope you open your eyes b/c if this world keeps going down a GOD FORESAKING road...One of these days when our Lord has had enough he will come and punish.

February 24, 2011 at 1:17 pm |
    • SeanNJ

CW said: "....Hope you open your eyes b/c if this world keeps going down a GOD FORESAKING road...One of these days when our Lord has had enough he will come and punish."

---
      Been waiting for 2000 years. I suspect we'll be waiting another 2000...at least. He/she/it seems to have a really high tolerance level.

February 24, 2011 at 1:25 pm |
    • Hersh

CW- bring your "god" before us so that we may judge the truth of your words!
      You have no understanding of what "equal rights" even MEANS, so quit whining that your non-existent god is not providing you with the unequal rights you want.
      What? Prayers not working again? Still? Listen, punk, your religious delusions do not trump our secular laws.
      If you want a religious dictatorship, go start up your own in some other part of the world. This is America. Your crazy crap don't fly here. We have rights that have nothing to do with your damn retarded book of lies and delusions.
      You're one of those retards that want everything both ways, regardless of how insane and unworkable.
      You should have no right to life if you are unwilling to let others have any rights. Go get tea-bagged or something.

February 24, 2011 at 1:31 pm |
    • The Bobinator

> So equal rights is where you want to start...let me ask how bout all the unborn babies that are killed every day...

Well, my personal perspective on this is that a woman does in fact have a right to choose what to do with her body. However, just because she chooses not to carry the baby doesn't mean it shouldn't be killed. It should be tried to be saved. However, a cluster of cells isn't a baby. Neither is a fetus without brain activity.

> Equal rights ehh?....where is my right to live in a moral society where I don't have walk down the street and see a g-'ay people indulging in Sin?....where is my rights?

If you think you have a right not to see things you don't agree with, you're a moron. You going to tell me you have a right for people not to talk harshly to you as well? You are ridiculous.

> Try again.....The Bible is the only way to live your life....The Bible is the true word of God....Hope you open your eyes b/c if this world keeps going down a GOD FORESAKING road...One of these days when our Lord has had enough he will come and punish.

No it isn't. Because it's been proven to be wrong, inconsistent and just plain idiotic. It's been written by primitive men and it shows. I'm sorry you're not mentally strong enough to realize it.

February 24, 2011 at 1:32 pm |
    • CW

@ SeanNJ,

Your right you've been waiting for 2000 years. Remember if you read the book of Revelation or any of the books of the Bible we will never know when that day will come. As far as your tolerance comment....No its not tolerance ITS CALLED MERCY..ITS CALLED GRACE. My point is that we as a nation have become so occupied with making sure we allow for an "everything goes" society that we have forgot God and what his word says and how we are to live for him. I don't know if your a non-believer or a christian but my hope is that if you are a non-believer that you will look in the Bible and meditate on ITS truths.

February 24, 2011 at 1:34 pm |
    • MarkinFL

If you wish to live in some religious utopia, you need to find another country. We happen to have a Consti.tution that guarantees equal treatment, which does not include a right to NOT see anything YOU happen to disagree with. I can't stand religious bigots, but I will fight for your right to be a complete A55 in public. But you wouldn't do the same for someone of different beliefs. You are simply un-American and can feel free to emigrate as soon as possible.

February 24, 2011 at 1:34 pm |
    • SeanNJ

@CW

You said: "I don't know if your a non-believer or a christian"

Awwwww, come on. I would've thought you'd figured at least that part correctly by now.

You said: "but my hope is that if you are a non-believer that you will look in the Bible and meditate on ITS truths."

Ummmmm....been there, done that, didn't even get a t-shirt for my trouble. As you've likely been told over and over again, the bulk of atheists, at least in the US, have broken free of our childhood indoctrination into the prevailing fairy tale of choice. We accomplished this via the exact method you suggest: giving the bible a good hard long look. I hope one day you can do the same before it's too late.

February 24, 2011 at 1:49 pm |
    • Ralph

@ CW You have every RIGHT to LEAVE whenever you want if you don't like it here. Go start a Christian-esque Iran, send a postcard, let us all know how it works out for ya!

February 24, 2011 at 1:55 pm |
    • SeanNJ

@Ralph: Why would he leave? He's pretty sure he owns the country.

February 24, 2011 at 1:58 pm |
    • JohnQuest

CW, I am sorry, we non believers and (fair minded believers) think that all people are equal and should be treated equal (especially by the law). If I can marry whom ever I choose all other citizens in a free society should have the same right to choose.

I have never believed in a deity and have always been against abortion, with that said however, I do not have the right to impose my beliefs on others. Because I think it is wrong (and amoral) I would encourage my loved ones not to do it (even if it means I have to raise the child myself). Since I do not have the will (or the means) to make the choice for all, what right do I have to restrict the decisions of others?

My suggestion, for all of you that must get involved in the lives of others, agree to adopt every child from every mother if that mother chooses not to abort the child. If you are not willing to commit to this then you really don't have anything to say.

February 24, 2011 at 2:06 pm |
    • HotAirAce

@CW

You have a warped view of what your rights are. If I was to write something similar to yours, it would be somethng like:

Where is my right to live in an intelligent society where I don't have walk down the street and see a religious house-of-stupidity on every corner, for people who can't shed their silly childish myths, that they want to impose on everyone regardless of whether they belong to their tribe or not?

Obviously, I have no such right and such a statement would be quite stupid – just as yours above is.

February 24, 2011 at 2:08 pm |
    • arkinFL

Well, in ten years from now when he flips past the gay wedding channel, lands on CNN covering the gay marriage of the President's daughter, leaves his house in disgust and passes the gay friendly church he may keep on driving till he leaves this god-forsaken country. With any luck.

February 24, 2011 at 2:08 pm |
    • HotAirAce

@arkinFL

I don't care where he goes, or stays, as long as he does it peacefully.

February 24, 2011 at 2:15 pm |
    • arkinFL

Perhaps, he seems content for now to wait for the "wrath of god". Hopefully he's VERY patient.

February 24, 2011 at 2:18 pm |
    • loren

Right on brother. You are truly on the road for eternal life witht he One True God. Continue to let the Bible and HIS word guide you

February 25, 2011 at 4:05 pm |
  15. Doc Vestibule

I wonder what Beck thinks of Graham quotes like:
    "Evangelists cannot be closely identified with any particular party or person. We have to stand in the middle in order to preach to all people, right and left."

February 24, 2011 at 1:17 pm |
    • HotAirAce

Actually, Beck occasionaly makes the same sort of statement. Every once in a while he takes a shot at the right. I think he tries to keep his options open, appear neutral and above the fray. I catch a bit of his program, usually the first 10 or 15 minutes, and have rarely been able to follow his train of thought.

February 24, 2011 at 3:09 pm |
  16. Chris

Glenn Beck does not represent "Christian Evangelicals" as a "new leader". He represents something that is far from the teachings of the God of the Bible. I commend him for wanting to do "good" for the country, but that does not mean he represents Christians. While Christians live our lives according to the teachings of the Bible, we understand that "evil" isn't just on the "left". It can be found on the "right" as well.

February 24, 2011 at 1:15 pm |
  17. Hersh

Two con-artists meet and discuss their mutual hatred for the truth. What a shock.

February 24, 2011 at 1:09 pm |
    • bettejodux

Hersh, you're going to love me. I mean in a literary way. I'm a humanist. I live in Hawaii. On Kauai, I write a column http://bettejo.wordpress.com/ Love to take a swing at these guys. Scroll around. Read SUNDAY MEETING and WHY ARE BELIEVER SO PUSHY and TAXES AND GOD'S WARS FOR FUN AND PROFIT. Couple of chuckles here. Peace and love Bettejo

February 24, 2011 at 3:44 pm |
    • Hersh

bettejodouche, I already hate you for the disgustingly shameless spammer that you are.
      May a tsunami wipe you off the face of the earth. And your little dog, too!

February 24, 2011 at 3:57 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Ouch ... the ego of man refusing to go humble in order to comprehend Jesus' teachings.

February 24, 2011 at 6:54 pm |
    • Reality

Some take home pay of said con artists:

and from guidestar.org

Rev. Franklin Graham $800,000+/yr.
      Rev. Billy Graham, $400,000/yr
      Rabbi Bradley Hirschfield $331,708/yr
      Rev. Susan Brooks Thistlethwaite, $200,000/yr
      Erica Brown $134,221/yr
      Eboo Patel $120,000/yr.
      Dr. Herb Silverman $100,000/yr. ?
      Imam Rauf and his wife Daisy, $400,000/yr/ea estimated

February 25, 2011 at 12:44 am |
  18. Me

This is very telling...

Beck doesn't really embrace the true gospel of Jesus Christ, therefore he see's through a glass darkly. His whole platform is based on his own pride and self-righteousness. In some ways, I hate the fact that Billy Graham even met with him. However, I hope that during their meeting that he had a chance to witness to Glenn. He needs Jesus in a bad way.

February 24, 2011 at 12:50 pm |
    • The Bobinator

So your subjective belief, which of course is not provable by any sort of fact is far more valid then anyone else's belief.

And the Mormons do believe in Jesus. So, I'm not sure what you're stating.

February 24, 2011 at 12:58 pm |
    • HotAirAce

Of course, the real problem is the Billy G and Glenn B have too much jesus!

I think I'm going to have to change my projected GOP Presidential Ticket from Palin and Beck to Beck and Palin or Beck and Romney.

February 24, 2011 at 1:14 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Hot Air, I never watch Beck, no comment. However Billy Graham ignores, hence, is what scriptures James 4:4 teaches.

Has the audacity to confuse the masses for the last 40-50 years pertaining to Jesus' truth! ( 2 Chronicles 19:2; Psalm 15:4; 31:6)

Amen.

February 24, 2011 at 4:00 pm |
    • Magic

HeavenSent,

The author of "James" had just as much of a grip on the purported supernatural world as Billy Graham does... which is zero.

Whoever wrote "James" was just a preacher of olden days whose writings happened to get picked up by church leaders somewhere along the line.

February 24, 2011 at 4:17 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Magic, I already know you to be clueless on anything pertaining to righteous teachings.

Another do nothing, know nothing, stand for allowing one's ego reign supreme!

February 24, 2011 at 6:47 pm |
    • Evolved DNA

Heavensent.. the biggest egos are with those that believe they are special and have a personal god..

February 24, 2011 at 7:11 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Evolved DNA, some day (soon I pray) you will learn how to spell humble, after learning how to spell the noun, you can use it as a verb.

February 24, 2011 at 7:29 pm |
    • evolvedDNA

heavensent.. Belief in a personal god is the biggest ego trip that a human can take..you are far from humble. The entire universe exists for you and can use it as you wish...

February 24, 2011 at 11:12 pm |
    • HotAirAce

@HeavenScent

I don't own a bible and don't re-read bad fiction so how about you explain your comment about Billy Graham in plain English?

February 26, 2011 at 2:56 pm |
  19. The Bobinator

> "My message to you," Beck continued, "is we must come together. Evil has ‑‑ the left has stood ‑‑ is standing now with profound and clear evil and they've connected from evil all the way to the average Democrat and everything in between.

February 24, 2011 at 12:40 pm |
    • bettejodux

Please come visit me. I'm Bettejo. I live in Hawaii on the island of Kauai. I'm a humanist. I write a column http://bettejo.wordpress.com Scroll around. I think we'll get along. Peace and love Bettejo

February 24, 2011 at 3:36 pm |
    • loren

Dr. Beck is the only person in the media who is bringing truth to America.
      As the Bible says they will laugh and scorn those who bring truth to the nations.
      This poor humble man is giving his life to save this nation. He is a great man of GOD! Our greatest hope is that he could become president of this nation. As Michelle Bachmann said the other day he is the only one is America that can cure our financial conditions. The greatest team would be Dr. Beck and Mitt Romeny as VP or Mike Huckabee as VP and Sarah Palin as Secretary of State.
      This is the greatest desire of this nation.

February 25, 2011 at 3:53 pm |
  20. The Bobinator

> Conservative media star Glenn Beck is Mormon

Why did they add the extra M?

February 24, 2011 at 12:37 pm |
    • SeanNJ

Well played, sir. Well played indeed.

February 24, 2011 at 1:22 pm |
    • Kim

ROLMAO!

February 24, 2011 at 1:40 pm |
    • Normon

What's an Ormon?

February 24, 2011 at 1:49 pm |
    • MarkinFL

What's a Normon?

February 24, 2011 at 1:51 pm |
    • Normon

Hey Mark,
      'What's a Noron?' would seem more applicable, to me anyway.

February 24, 2011 at 1:53 pm |
    • arkinFL

This is almost a confusing as religion!

February 24, 2011 at 1:55 pm |
    • arkinFL

Now I lost the 's'!

February 24, 2011 at 1:56 pm |
    • HeavenSent

arkinFL, what is it that confuses you about living a righteous (spiritual teachings of Jesus Christ) life that instructs the person through TRUTH (clarity and peace) how to take responsibility for their thoughts, beliefs, actions in life (can do person) versus just taking up oxygen through life as an unrighteous (evil, selfish, self centered, self absorbed, bad behavior, chaotic, confusion of satan) through LIES (no clarity only confusion) making a dead man walking with no life of spirituality, hence, never taking responsibility for their thoughts, beliefs, actions in life (can NOT or will NOT do because chaos, confusion, frustration, anger, greed, envy and any all sins rules supreme), dumping all their responsibilities of their life onto others?

Amen.

February 24, 2011 at 3:23 pm |
    • The Bobinator

arkinFL, what is it that confuses you about living a righteous (logic and reason) life that instructs the person through TRUTH (understanding of reality) how to take responsibility for their thoughts, beliefs, actions in life (can do person) versus just taking up oxygen through life as an unrighteous (evil, selfish, self centered, self absorbed, bad behavior, chaotic, confusion of religion) through LIES (no logic only faith) making a dead man walking with no life of intelligence, hence, never taking responsibility for their thoughts, beliefs, actions in life (because you can be forgiven of virtually any sin and get of scott free), dumping all their responsibilities of their life onto others?

Nema.

February 24, 2011 at 3:32 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Bobinator, define your Acronym.

February 24, 2011 at 4:11 pm |
    • The Bobinator

Think hard and the pattern may come to you.

February 24, 2011 at 4:27 pm |