home
RSS
Faith leaders condemn hearings
Rep. Andre Carson, D-Indiana, speaks with a coalition of clergy against the radicalization hearings
March 10th, 2011

Faith leaders condemn hearings

By Eric Marrapodi, CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Clergy from across the nation's religious spectrum condemned Muslim radicalization hearings by Rep. Peter King, R-New York, which they said unfairly targeted Muslims. The clergy spoke at a press conference Thursday in the Cannon Congressional office building, one floor below the radicalization hearings.

The clergy group called Shoulder-to-Shoulder came from Protestant, Catholic, and Evangelical churches; Conservative, Reform, and Orthodox temples; and mosques. Group members said violent extremism was a threat to national security, but it was morally wrong to lump all Muslims into the category of violent extremists.

"We also stand shoulder-to-shoulder in opposing the singling out of any one religious community in a way that would cast unwarranted suspicion on that part of the American population," the Rev. Michael Kinnamon, general secretary of the National Council of Churches, said.

"Wherever a religious group is singled out because of it's faith we will be there. We will stand shoulder-to-shoulder wherever, whenever is necessary," said Mark Pelavin the director of the Commission on Social Action of Reform Judaism.

Kinnamon said their opposition to the hearings stemmed from several reasons. He said the hearings were based on a flawed premise, were counter-productive, were contrary to American principles, and were "counter to central teachings of the Christian faith."

Specially, he and the other faith leaders said the hearings would "bear false witness" against Muslims, something many of religious traditions represented cited as wrong.

"If the committee wants to investigate violent extremism please do so," Kinnamon continued. "But don't imply that it's associated with one part of the American mosaic."

"As I sat this morning in the hearing room, I was witness to an injustice. I was witness to an injustice that the underlying tone of these hearings is to stigmatize, stereotype, and to profile Muslim-Americans," said Rabbi Mark Schneier. He said he feared the hearing would exacerbate, "anti-Muslim bigotry and Islamophobia in our country. "

"It is the belief of all of us people of faith that we stand together shoulder-to-shoulder against hate," said Imam Mohamed Hagmagid Ali, president of the Islamic Society of North America.

"If we're going to move forward in this nation and to address radicalism and to make ourselves secure, one of the places to begin is to heal the partisan divide," James Zogby president of the Arab American Institute, said. "This issue was not just used as an issue to divide Muslims and the rest of America but between Democrats and Republicans. It was exploited rather, I think, callously for partisan purposes and was shameful."

Rep. Andre Carson, D-Indiana, also joined the clergy at the press conference. Carson is the second Muslim to serve in Congress. The first, Rep Keith Ellison, D-Minnesota, testified at the hearings.

"I am deeply concerned by Representative King's hearings," Carson said. "These hearings weaken the very foundation upon which this country was built. Our nation was founded under the principle we have the right to practice our religion freely and without persecution."

But it was that free exercise that came up during the hearings that were troubling for King and his supporters. Two witnesses testified about their relatives who fell victim to the lure of extremism while worshiping in U.S. mosques.

"Muslims are not saying there is no problem. We do believe that elements are targeting our youth and our community. But we're saying Muslims are really engaging in this fight against violent extremism," Ali said. "The impression was given in the hearing all mosques are not doing anything. That's what I think is unfair."

- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: Belief • DC • Muslim • Religious liberty • United States

1. juan carr

muneef One cannot convince another about the truth although if the truth is in that person it will be noticable, why because it is comforting to the spirit, But yet the truth does war against the flesh, this is where one finds PEACE in knowing that the problem lies in KNOWING we have all fallin short of the glory of God. and the perfect peace I cannot give to you or any man for it is not mine to give, muneef I was raised a catholic and 7 years ago was able to receive salvation, and you know what a trip! you talk about no more worries, why I can only explain it as Jesus became real to me and I kid you not the Lord has gifted me with the gift of visions to be able to see the truth not just read it or hear it, But i will tell you what I wasnt some holy juan kanobe when I received the power of the living God at salvation, I sure did act like it though man I thought I had a self rightous problem or hypicrite problem then MAN I was telling everybody what they were doing wrong, my family thought I was nuts! I firmly believe that when Jesus said that if they hated Him how much more will we be hated, He was prophisying about our phase of self rigthousness and hypocricy, by our adding to HIS finished work at the cross, my Lord has been merciful to me these few short years as I deal with my own filthy flesh daliy and cucifying it daily, and making my self accountable for my every thought, man that alone not only is the thorn that the apostle Paul was talking about, but is vertually unheard of my own christian bros and sisters think I am crazy that I am wrong for standing firm in my faith, instead of taking the authority of God in the name of Jesus Christ, muneef not only are we as christians disobiediant to the word of God but all of man kind, and the will of God is clear that narrow is the gate, we must get this through we did not create ourself nor our neighbors and we sure as heck DO NOT dictate to the creator of heavens and the earth, there is so much out right sin on the part of so called christians its very sading our Lord calls it greiving, you know here we are claiming our Jesus gave it all all to Him I owe, or our God is in perfect control but yet here we are in the last days yet doing the thing HE made perfectly clear in His word you who are without sin cast the first stone, And if you think about it muneef we all heard that saying sticks and stones may hurt my bones but names will never hurt me That my freind is a saying we used to say as a CHILD when our freinds in school would say things hateful to hurt us and make themselves look big, what does remind us of? 1st of all we some how fell for the biggest lie on earth its right up there with what you dont know wont hurt you, The world was created with words and they have enormus power as does the ROCK and when we use these words we are ethier bringing glory to OURSELF or to God, and again I make my point the truth has nothing to do with us it is the opposite of or in opposition to the spirit. if there is going to be peace it must first be manifest in the mind not in anything we can do in that NO man may boast, my Lord knows my heart muneef and it holds no anger to you or anyman as I know my worst threat is the natural man in me, its in my choice making day in and day out and because of that day I received salvation I was given life I was given a gift and found that the best way to use it was ,not to, as how do you use hope I found the power is found in surrendering to the truth not trying to understand Him or manage Him as I could not even manage my own life, thats why He saved me in the first place, and all this is how I am able to show Him im GRATEFUL and you know what that is the peace beyond all understanding that you know that you know that your grateful, for an oh so great salvation, it my sound corny but Im so glad to know how to appreciate being grateful that alone insures a relationship a two way relationship with such an awesome God, who am I that he is mine full of me,

April 5, 2011 at 1:38 pm |
  2. Muneef

Does not these verses speak of the Ancient Falling Systems and the Recent Past and Present Falling Systems? It warns and remind all of the future that if you fail you fall...and those blows come to believers and unbelievers on turns..it tests believers and destroys disbelievers....How much of that happens through wars and conflicts....How much of that through Natural Disasters....Aren't we seeing that all? Isn't it telling us some thing is wrong of our own wrong doing and disbelief....? Man can reverse ill-faith by reversing intentions in to right doings in deeds,actions and spiritual worship,prayers in peace with soul,pay poor due and charity as a belief and a spiritual meditation for soul to have mercy on earth,afterlife,resurrection and judgment day.....?!? What we got to lose,since we all ride the same as ship in the middle of this universe as a ship in the ocean..and every body wants it his way such a ship will never set to sail but to crash and drawn with the whole lot...!?

Al-E-Imran sura 03:
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    Systems have passed away before you. Do but travel in the land and see the nature of the consequence for those who did deny (the messengers). (137) This is a declaration for mankind, a guidance and an admonition unto those who ward off (evil) (138) Faint not nor grieve, for ye will overcome them if ye are (indeed) believers. (139) If ye have received a blow, the (disbelieving) people have received a blow the like thereof. These are (only) the vicissitudes which We cause to follow one another for mankind, to the end that Allah may know those who believe and may choose witnesses from among you; and Allah loveth not wrong-doers. (140) And that Allah may prove those who believe, and may blight the disbelievers. (141).

March 14, 2011 at 8:04 pm |
    • Reality

More evidence that the following is coming sooner than we think:

Recognizing the flaws, follies and frauds in the foundations of Islam, Judaism and Christianity by the "bowers", kneelers" and "pew peasants" will converge these religions into some simple rules of life. No koran, bible, clerics, nuns, monks, imams, evangelicals, ayatollahs, rabbis, professors of religion or priests needed or desired.

Ditto for houses of "worthless worship" aka mosques, churches, basilicas, cathedrals, temples or synagogues

March 15, 2011 at 8:00 am |
  3. Muneef

Al-Araf sura 07:
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    I shall turn away from My revelations those who magnify themselves wrongfully in the earth, and if they see each token believe it not, and if they see the way of righteousness choose it nor for (their) way, and if they see the way of error choose if for (their) way. That is because they deny Our revelations and are used to disregard them. (146) Those who deny Our revelations and the meeting of the Hereafter, their works are fruitless. Are they requited aught save what they used to do? (147).

Al-Isra sura 17:
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    On the day when We shall summon all men with their record, whoso is given his book in his right hand – such will read their book and they will not be wronged a shred. (71) Whoso is blind here will be blind in the Hereafter, and yet further from the road. (72) And they indeed strove hard to beguile thee (Muhammad) away from that wherewith We have inspired thee, that thou shouldst invent other than it against Us; and then would they have accepted thee as a friend. (73) And if We had not made thee wholly firm thou mightest almost have inclined unto them a little. (74).

Al-Furqan sura 25:
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    On the day when the wrong-doer gnaweth his hands, he will say: Ah, would that I had chosen a way together with the messenger (of Allah)! (27) Alas for me! Ah, would that I had never taken such an one for friend! (28) He verily led me astray from the Reminder after it had reached me. Satan was ever man's deserter in the hour of need. (29) And the messenger saith: O my Lord! Lo! mine own folk make this Qur'an of no account. (30) Even so have We appointed unto every prophet an opponent from among the guilty; but Allah sufficeth for a Guide and Helper. (31).

Al-Muzzammil sura 73:
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    Lo! This is a Reminder. Let him who will, then, choose a way unto his Lord. (19).

March 14, 2011 at 7:12 am |
  4. Muneef

Al-Isra sura 17:
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    We verily have displayed (Our warnings) in this Qur'an that they may take heed, but it increaseth them in naught save aversion. (41) Say (O Muhammad, to the disbelievers): If there were other gods along with Him, as they say, then had they sought a way against the Lord of the Throne. (42) Glorified is He, and High Exalted above what they say! (43) The seven heavens and the earth and all that is therein praise Him, and there is not a thing but hymneth His praise; but ye understand not their praise. Lo! He is ever Clement, Forgiving. (44) And when thou recitest the Qur'an we place between thee and those who believe not in the Hereafter a hidden barrier; (45) And We place upon their hearts veils lest they should understand it, and in their ears a deafness; and when thou makest mention of thy Lord alone in the Qur'an, they turn their backs in aversion. (46) We are best aware of what they wish to hear when they give ear to thee and when they take secret counsel, when the evil-doers say: Ye follow but a man bewitched. (47) See what similitudes they coin for thee, and thus are all astray, and cannot find a road! (48).

Al-Mujadila sura 58:
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    Hast thou not seen that Allah knoweth all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth? There is no secret conference of three but He is their fourth, nor of five but He is their sixth, nor of less than that or more but He is with them wheresoever they may be; and afterward, on the Day of Resurrection, He will inform them of what they did. Lo! Allah is Knower of all things. (7).

March 14, 2011 at 6:49 am |
  5. Muneef

An-Nisa sura 04:
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    Then because of their breaking of their covenant, and their disbelieving in the revelations of Allah, and their slaying of the prophets wrongfully, and their saying: Our hearts are hardened – Nay, but Allah set a seal upon them for their disbelief, so that they believe not save a few – (155) And because of their disbelief and of their speaking against Mary a tremendous calumny; (156) And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger – they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain. (157) But Allah took him up unto Himself. Allah was ever Mighty, Wise. (158).

March 14, 2011 at 6:20 am |
  6. Newsflash

Imam who believes in evolution retracts statements after death threats from fundamentalists.

You see? Fundamentalism is taking things too literally. It is a form of extremism.
    Some of them worship their holy book and traditions, making a god of these things and turning away from Allah. Very sad.

March 14, 2011 at 2:52 am |
  7. T-party

Upper hand you are correct that Heaven sent is a moron

March 13, 2011 at 11:02 pm |
  8. T-party

I would rather study erosion escarpments,continental drift,plant animal fossils,than any of these man made religions

March 13, 2011 at 11:01 pm |
  9. LoneZero

@Upperhand

I find it funny instead of acknowledging that I've showed you two websites of Muslims fighting, reporting, and condemn radical muslims within the religion you continue to spew garbage and hate instead of discussing the topic, I've shown you they fight where is your facts they don't?

We do need to keep watch on radical Muslims, just as much as we need to keep a watch on radical Christians. Conservative/Radical Christians have killed in the U.S. and have justified this action, just like the radical Muslims have, any radical within a religion would as well, why single out just one and not adress them all in these hearings?

March 13, 2011 at 10:33 pm |
  10. T-party

All faith leaders need to condem terr-rism and be ashamed of all the fanatics they have produced

March 13, 2011 at 10:21 pm |
    • Frederica

Yes, all the leaders especially atheists and communists.

March 13, 2011 at 11:30 pm |
    • JPopNC

Frederica....couldn't agree with you more. The atheists fail to see they're preaching faith (or anti-faith) as much or more as other religions. Just because they fail to see God as real, they think their hate speech is the gospel. It's just another faith like the others out there. Let's just call it "anti-faith". Hey, that sounds close to the Anti-Christ that Revelation speaks of. Hmmmm....coincidence? I think not.

March 14, 2011 at 2:05 pm |
  11. allfaith

It's time for individuals to take responsibility for their own lifes. Now is not the time to be defining ourselves by our membership. Everyone is an equal human being, no better, no worse. It doesn't matter what team you're on. Dividing the human race in any way is stigmatizing and limiting. It saps the sponteneity and creativity from our lives. You are not doing the present justice by spending all of your time comparing yourselves to a model derived from the teachings of people who lived thousands of years ago.
    The great religious figures believed that religion is the continued focus on living in balance and harmony in the moment, the uniting of the spiritual and physical being through the acceptance of our inter-connectedness. None of them wanted us to treat them like demi-gods. They were living examples of what acceptance and oneness can do for mankind.
    Let's help the individuals who have lost their way. Including the many with the few dehumanizes and will only lead to further strife. If we believe we are being attacked, we will always be at war.
    I challenge you to talk to individuals of the Islamic faith. You'll see they want peace as much as you do.

March 13, 2011 at 10:06 pm |
  12. A 7th Century, Cave Dwelling False "Religion"

The liberal politicians and liberal media keep telling the American people Islam is a religion of peace, religion of love...but the way I see it they behave like a pack of rabid dogs.

Here in America we only have about 9 million "good" Muslims but I believe that's only because their low numbers don't give them the opportunity for mass demonstrations, protests etc.

The American people are working on nipping this in the bud most Americans are still "asleep" and have not awoken to this reality, they are busy going about their comfortable lives, they are to concerned about the next sports game, celebrity scandal and the latest and greatest techi gadget.

We are up against a Muslim loving leader and politicians who bend over backwards for Muslims but disparage Christianity at every opportunity.

Its a good thing most Americans are not fooled so easily.

March 13, 2011 at 9:46 pm |
    • allfaith

If you repeatedly poke a dog with a sharp stick, is the dog atttacking or defending himself when he goes for you?
      If you repeatedly bully and belittle a race that you know nothing of, will you say the whole faith is attacking you when a few of the more radical individuals confront you?
      Should those of the Muslim faith forgive you?
      Your assumptions and expectations are standing in your way.

March 13, 2011 at 10:18 pm |
    • sacchrainkiss

um.... Your religion (Christianity) was made up in the 1st century, doesn't that make it MORE outdated than Islam? Your holy book also has many passages exhorting you to kill unbelievers, keep slaves and confine your women. The bible has just as much to say about stoning people, drowning them or beheading them as the Koran does. So, what is your argument now?

March 14, 2011 at 12:22 pm |
    • JPopNC

sacchrainkiss....killing unbelievers? beheading? Not sure I'm familiar with any such passages. Care to elaborate?

March 14, 2011 at 2:00 pm |
    • JPopNC

sacchrainkiss: Christianity is a 1st century religion? My Christian Bible teaches God was around at the birth of the universe in Genesis, so Christianity has always been there. Maybe the term "Christianity" was coined later on, but Jesus himself was eluded to several times in the Old Testament, for example the preincarnate Christ was in the fiery furnace with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego.

March 14, 2011 at 2:46 pm |
  13. proud infidel

The problem is not "radicalization", it is Islam, period.

March 13, 2011 at 9:18 pm |
  14. Muneef

Upperhand is no Muslim,he is attacking Islam.

Do you know why exactly Muslims are hated for? It is for Reading & Reciting the Quran & follow its Religion of Islam which should have to take in to faith & Belief in the words of the following verses;

Al-Baqara sura 02:
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    And they say: Allah hath taken unto Himself a son. Be He glorified! Nay, but whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth is His. All are subservient unto Him. (116) The Originator of the heavens and the earth! When He decreeth a thing, He saith unto it only: Be! and it is. (117) And those who have no knowledge say: Why doth not Allah speak unto us, or some sign come unto us? Even thus, as they now speak, spake those (who were) before them. Their hearts are all alike. We have made clear the revelations for people who are sure. (118) Lo! We have sent thee (O Muhammad) with the truth, a bringer of glad tidings and a warner. And thou wilt not be asked about the owners of hell-fire. (119) And the Jews will not be pleased with thee, nor will the Christians, till thou follow their creed. Say: Lo! the guidance of Allah (Himself) is Guidance. And if thou shouldst follow their desires after the knowledge which hath come unto thee, then wouldst thou have from Allah no protecting friend nor helper. (120) Those unto whom We have given the Scripture, who read it with the right reading, those believe in it. And whoso disbelieveth in it, those are they who are the losers. (121) O Children of Israel! Remember My favour wherewith I favoured you and how I preferred you to (all) creatures. (122) And guard (yourselves) against a day when no soul will in aught avail another, nor will compensation be accepted from it, nor will intercession be of use to it; nor will they be helped. (123).

An-Nisa sura 04:
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    O mankind! The messenger hath come unto you with the Truth from your Lord. Therefor believe; (it is) better for you. But if ye disbelieve, still, lo! unto Allah belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth. Allah is ever Knower, Wise. (170) O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning Allah save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers, and say not "Three" – Cease! (it is) better for you! – Allah is only One God. Far is it removed from His transcendent majesty that He should have a son. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is sufficient as Defender. (171).

Al-Maeda sura 05:
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. The Messiah (himself) said: O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Lo! whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah, for him Allah hath forbidden paradise. His abode is the Fire. For evil-doers there will be no helpers. (72) They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the third of three; when there is no God save the One God. If they desist not from so saying a painful doom will fall on those of them who disbelieve. (73) Will they not rather turn unto Allah and seek forgiveness of Him? For Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. (74) The Messiah, son of Mary, was no other than a messenger, messengers (the like of whom) had passed away before him. And his mother was a saintly woman. And they both used to eat (earthly) food. See how We make the revelations clear for them, and see how they are turned away! (75) Say: Serve ye in place of Allah that which possesseth for you neither hurt nor use? Allah it is Who is the Hearer, the Knower. (76) Say: O People of the Scripture! Stress not in your religion other than the truth, and follow not the vain desires of folk who erred of old and led many astray, and erred from a plain road. (77).

Al-Tawba sura 09:
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger nor, acknowledge the Religion of Truth from among the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission and feel themselves subdued. (29) The Jews call Uzayr a son of Allah and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouths; (in this) they but imitate what the Unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth! (30) They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of Allah, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary; Yet they were commanded to worship but one Allah: there is no god but He. Praise and glory to him: (far is He) from having the parents they associate (with him). (31) Fain would they extinguish Allah's light with their mouths but Allah will not allow but that His light should be perfected, even though the unbelievers may detest (it). (32) It is He who hath sent His Messenger with Guidance and Religion of Truth to proclaim it over all religion, even though the pagans may detest (it). (33).

Yunus sura 10:
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    And thou (Muhammad) art not occupied with any business and thou recitest not a Lecture from this (Scripture), and ye (mankind) perform no act, but We are Witness of you when ye are engaged therein. And not an atom's weight in the earth or in the sky escapeth your Lord, nor what is less than that or greater than that, but it is (written) in a clear Book. (61) Lo! verily the friends of Allah are (those) on whom fear (cometh) not, nor do they grieve? (62) Those who believe and keep their duty (to Allah). (63) Theirs are good tidings in the life of the world and in the Hereafter – There is no changing the Words of Allah – that is the Supreme Triumph. (64) And let not their speech grieve thee (O Muhammad). Lo! power belongeth wholly to Allah. He is the Hearer, the Knower. (65) Beware ! To Allah belongeth whosoever is in the heavens and whosoever is in the earth Those who follow aught instead of Allah follow not (His) partners. They follow only a conjecture, and they do but guess. (66) He it is Who hath appointed for you the night that ye should rest therein and the day giving sight. Lo! herein verily are portents for a folk that heed. (67) They say: Allah hath taken (unto Him) a son – Glorified be He! He hath no needs! His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. Ye have no warrant for this. Tell ye concerning Allah that which ye know not? (68) Say: Verily those who invent a lie concerning Allah will not succeed. (69) This world's portion (will be theirs), then unto Us is their return. Then We make them taste a dreadful doom because they used to disbelieve. (70).

Al-Isra sura 17:
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    Say (unto mankind): Cry unto Allah, or cry unto the Beneficent, unto whichsoever ye cry (it is the same). His are the most beautiful names. And thou (Muhammad), be not loud-voiced in thy worship nor yet silent therein, but follow a way between. (110) And say: Praise be to Allah, Who hath not taken unto Himself a son, and Who hath no partner in the Sovereignty, nor hath He any protecting friend through dependence. And magnify Him with all magnificence. (111).

Al-Kahf sura 18:
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    Praise be to Allah Who hath revealed the Scripture unto His slave, and hath not placed therein any crookedness, (1) (But hath made it) straight, to give warning of stern punishment from Him, and to bring unto the believers who do good works the news that theirs will be a fair reward, (2) Wherein they will abide for ever; (3) And to warn those who say: Allah hath chosen a son, (4) (A thing) whereof they have no knowledge, nor (had) their fathers, Dreadful is the word that cometh out of their mouths. They speak naught but a lie. (5) Yet it may be, if they believe not in this statement, that thou (Muhammad) wilt torment thy soul with grief over their footsteps. (6) Lo! We have placed all that is in the earth as an ornament thereof that We may try them: which of them is best in conduct. (7) And lo! We shall make all that is therein a barren mound. (8).

Maryam sura 19:
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    And they say: The Beneficent hath taken unto Himself a son. (88) Assuredly ye utter a disastrous thing (89) Whereby almost the heavens are torn, and the earth is split asunder and the mountains fall in ruins, (90) That ye ascribe unto the Beneficent a son, (91) When it is not meet for (the Majesty of) the Beneficent that He should choose a son. (92) There is none in the heavens and the earth but cometh unto the Beneficent as a slave. (93) Verily He knoweth them and numbereth them with (right) numbering. (94) And each one of them will come unto Him on the Day of Resurrection, alone. (95) Lo! those who believe and do good works, the Beneficent will appoint for them love. (96) And We make (this Scripture) easy in thy tongue, (O Muhammad) only that thou mayst bear good tidings therewith unto those who ward off (evil), and warn therewith the froward folk. (97) And how many a generation before them have We destroyed! Canst thou (Muhammad) see a single man of them, or hear from them the slightest sound? (98).

Al-Anbiya sura 21:
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    We created not the heaven and the earth and all that is between them in play. (16) If We had wished to find a pastime, We could have found it in Our presence – if We ever did. (17) Nay, but We hurl the true against the false, and it doth break its head and lo! it vanisheth. And yours will be woe for that which ye ascribe (unto Him). (18) Unto Him belongeth whosoever is in the heavens and the earth. And those who dwell in His presence are not too proud to worship Him, nor do they weary; (19) They glorify (Him) night and day; they flag not. (20) Or have they chosen Gods from the earth who raise the dead? (21) If there were therein Gods beside Allah, then verily both (the heavens and the earth) had been disordered. Glorified be Allah, the Lord of the Throne, from all that they ascribe (unto Him). (22) He will not be questioned as to that which He doeth, but they will be questioned. (23) Or have they chosen other gods beside Him? say: Bring your proof (of their godhead). This is the Reminder of those with me and those before me, but most of them know not the Truth and so they are averse. (24) And We sent no messenger before thee but We inspired him, (saying): There is no God save Me (Allah), so worship Me. (25) And they say: The Beneficent hath taken unto Himself a son. Be He glorified! Nay, but (those whom they call sons) are honoured slaves; (26) They speak not until He hath spoken, and they act by His command. (27) He knoweth what is before them and what is behind them, and they cannot intercede except for him whom He accepteth, and they quake for awe of Him. (28).

Al-Furqan sura 25:
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    Blessed is He Who hath revealed unto His slave the Criterion (of right and wrong), that he may be a warner to the people. (1) He unto Whom belongeth the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth, He hath chosen no son nor hath He any partner in the Sovereignty. He hath created everything and hath meted out for it a measure. (2) Yet they choose beside Him other gods who create naught but are themselves created, and possess not hurt nor profit for themselves, and possess not death nor life, nor power to raise the dead. (3) Those who disbelieve say: This is naught but a lie that he hath invented, and other folk have helped him with it, so that they have produced a slander and a lie. (4) And they say: Fables of the men of old which he hath had written down so that they are dictated to him morn and evening. (5) Say (unto them, O Muhammad): He who knoweth the secret of the heavens and the earth hath revealed it. Lo! He ever is Forgiving, Merciful. (6).

As-Saaffat 37:
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    Now ask them (O Muhammad): Hath thy Lord daughters whereas they have sons? (149) Or created We the angels females while they were present? (150) Lo! it is of their falsehood that they say: (151) Allah hath begotten. Allah! verily they tell a lie. (152) (And again of their falsehood): He hath preferred daughters to sons. (153) What aileth you? How judge ye? (154) Will ye not then reflect? (155) Or have ye a clear warrant? (156) Then produce your writ, if ye are truthful. (157) And they imagine kinship between him and the jinn, whereas the jinn know well that they will be brought before (Him). (158) Glorified be Allah from that which they attribute (unto Him), (159).

Az-Zumar sura 39:
    n the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    If Allah had willed to choose a son, He could have chosen what He would of that which He hath created. Be He glorified! He is Allah, the One, the Absolute. (4).

Al-Jinn sura 72:
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    Say (O Muhammad): It is revealed unto me that a company of the Jinn gave ear, and they said: Lo! we have heard a marvellous Qur'an, (1) Which guideth unto righteousness, so we believe in it and we ascribe unto our Lord no partner. (2) And (we believe) that He – exalted be the glory of our Lord! – hath taken neither wife nor son, (3) And that the foolish one among us used to speak concerning Allah an atrocious lie. (4) And lo! we had supposed that humankind and jinn would not speak a lie concerning Allah – (5).

March 13, 2011 at 8:21 pm |
    • Muneef

Among those above of idolators,pagans and non believers of God....what can you expect the followers of Islam of the Quran would be treated by the majority ?

March 13, 2011 at 8:36 pm |
    • Upperhand

Americans don't care about your 7th century, cave dwelling false religion....this reads like a bunch of garbage.

March 13, 2011 at 9:27 pm |
    • Upperhand

Here you forgot these also...You Muslims always like to post the parts that make you look good, don't worry I got your back...I'll post the parts that put Islam in a bad light. -SMILE

Here are examples of what THE SO CALLED "RELIGION OF PEACE" commands its followers.

“Fight and slay the non-Muslims wherever ye find them” and “seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); unless they repent” Surah 9:5

"Do not take the Jews and Christians as friends" Koran 5:51

"Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them.” Koran 2:191

“Make war on the infidels living in your neighborhood.” Koran 9:123

“When opportunity arises, kill the infidels wherever you catch them.” Koran 9:5

“Any religion other than Islam is not acceptable.” Koran 3:85

“The Jews and the Christians are perverts; fight them.”... Koran 9:30

“Maim and crucify the infidels if they criticize Islam” Koran 5:33

“Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron rods, boiling water; melt their skin and bellies.” Koran 22:19

The unbelievers are stupid; urge the Muslims to fight them.” Koran 8:65

“Muslims must not take the infidels as friends.” Koran 3:28

“Terrorize and behead those who believe in scriptures other than the Qur’an.” Koran 8:12

“Muslims must muster all weapons to terrorize the infidels.” Koran 8:60

March 13, 2011 at 9:38 pm |
    • allfaith

Thank-you for sharing your light.
      Peace be with you.

March 13, 2011 at 10:40 pm |
    • Muneef

UpperHand.
      That only proves you have no knowledge in Quran or what it speaks of...you are just trying to make it look bad...and God is a witness to that may he deals with your upper and lower hand...

March 14, 2011 at 6:30 am |
    • JPopNC

"(29) The Jews call Uzayr a son of Allah and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouths"... t

This is a complete and utter falsehood. Christians do NOT call Christ the son of Allah. Christians do however worship the same Jehovah God as the Jewish faith.

March 14, 2011 at 1:58 pm |
    • JPopNC

Muneef: That's a LOT of reading and of course it's choice cut/paste stuff, but what about the passages Upperhand posted above? What are the meaning behind some of those, such as....?

“Muslims must not take the infidels as friends.” Koran 3:28

To name a few.And how about how the Muslims are treating the Christians in Afganistan? Would that be the treatment we should expect if the USA became a Muslim country?

March 14, 2011 at 2:34 pm |
    • Kuffar

"Do you know why exactly Muslims are hated for?"

Let's see... ok, yes. I'm sure I do. Here goes.

1. Miscellaneous Killing (incl. Bombing, Shooting, Stoning, Amputating, etc..)
      2. Emotional and Physical Cruelty (not otherwise categorized.)
      3. Intolerance
      4. Self-Righteousness
      5. Misogyny
      6. Prevarication
      7. Insidiousness
      8. Apathy (unless as an intentional part of Insidiousness)
      9. Instability
      10. Megalomania

Feel free to add your own to the list.

March 14, 2011 at 4:16 pm |
  15. Upperhand

"Those who know nothing about Islam pretend that Islam counsels against war. Those people are witless. Islam says: 'Kill all the unbelievers just as they would kill you all!' Does this mean that Muslims should sit back until they are devoured by the infidel? Islam says: 'Kill them, put them to the sword and scatter them.' Islam says: 'Whatever good there is exists thanks to the sword.' The sword is the key to Paradise, which can be opened only for the Holy Warriors! Does all this mean that Islam is a religion that prevents men from waging war? I spit upon those foolish souls who make such a claim." – Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini

March 13, 2011 at 1:35 pm |
    • HeavenSent

A violent man entices his neighbor, and leads him in a way that is not good.

Surat 9, Ayat 115 says, "Allah will not mislead a people."

Allah has mislead untold millions to the eternal torment of the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8; 22:15).

For the Lord [Yahweh] abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man (Psalm 5:6), and His soul hates those who love violence (Psalm 11:5; see also Isaiah 66:24).

Truly Allah loves those who fight in His cause in battle array, as if they were a solid cemented structure. (S.61, A.4)

Our Lord, Jesus Christ says,

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Amen.

March 13, 2011 at 4:21 pm |
    • Upperhand

All fine and dandy, now post the jihadist parts of the Koran, Hadith! I know you have them between those very same pages.

March 13, 2011 at 9:25 pm |
    • Upperhand

Or better yet, here let me help you out...I'll post them for you seeing that you're slow to do it.

Here are example of what THE SO CALLED "RELIGION OF PEACE" teaches its followers.

"Do not take the Jews and Christians as friends" Koran 5:51

"Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them.” Koran 2:191

“Make war on the infidels living in your neighborhood.” Koran 9:123

“When opportunity arises, kill the infidels wherever you catch them.” Koran 9:5

“Any religion other than Islam is not acceptable.” Koran 3:85

“The Jews and the Christians are perverts; fight them.”... Koran 9:30

“Maim and crucify the infidels if they criticize Islam” Koran 5:33

The unbelievers are stupid; urge the Muslims to fight them.” Koran 8:65

“Muslims must not take the infidels as friends.” Koran 3:28

“Muslims must muster all weapons to terrorize the infidels.” Koran 8:60

March 13, 2011 at 9:35 pm |
    • allfaith

The Koran and the Bible were written long ago. They've both been edited many times by well intentioned clerics to meet the needs of different states and ethnic groups. They should not be taken litterally.
      Beyond the fact that the text has been altered, no truth can be derived from taking a line from the Koran out of context.

March 13, 2011 at 10:29 pm |
  16. Upperhand

“The mosques are our barracks, the domes our helmets, the minarets our bayonets and the faithful our soldiers…” ~ Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan

“There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that’s it,” said Turkey’s Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan

March 13, 2011 at 1:34 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Upperhand, you follow Allah and his big ego (sin of Pride) that wanted to bigger and better than God. Satan did the same thing being blinded by the sin of Pride wanting to be bigger and better than God. Bottom line, there is no difference of Allah's big ego and satan being blinded by the sin of Pride. Therefore, you follow a satanic leader.

Amen.

March 13, 2011 at 3:55 pm |
    • Upperhand

@ Heavensent – They're quotes moron!!

I'm NOT Muslim!! The quotes simply point to how they believe, this prime minster say's what he believes is the truth of Islam.

March 13, 2011 at 9:22 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Upperhand, I typed to fast. It was meant to be generic.

March 13, 2011 at 9:51 pm |
    • HotAirAce

@HeavenScent

The problem isn't that you type too fast, it is that you don't think. If you did, you would become an atheist.

March 13, 2011 at 10:48 pm |
    • Frederica

To this particular HeavenSent. It's Muslims who misunderstand God(Allah) without trusting in Jesus as the Son of God, just like atheists who hate a god that they imagined in their evil minds. The one true living God is God whoever misunderstands Him or mis-imagine Him.

March 13, 2011 at 11:50 pm |
  17. Upperhand

The Five Deceptions of Islam:

1.) "Islam is a religion of love."

2.) "Islam is a religion of peace."

3.) "Allah is just another name for God."

4.) "We worship Jesus Christ like you do."

5.) "Koran is the Divine Word of Allah."

March 13, 2011 at 1:33 pm |
    • allfaith

You don't get out much, do you? You're living in shadow. No one is attacking you. Look around you. You're room is a mess, but there are no terrorists in the closet or under your bed. You can relax.

March 13, 2011 at 10:44 pm |
    • Buzz

Upperhand, it seems clear that you are the idiot. An il-informed idiot at that.

March 15, 2011 at 12:07 am |
  18. Upperhand

How come these Muslims have never protested against Muslim terrorists attacks here in the United States or abroad?

March 13, 2011 at 1:32 pm |
    • LoneZero

@Upperhand: they do, they just don't tell you, there are web sites called m-a-t and freemuslims they condemn and report any group or individual of influence that advocates Muslim extremist in the US or abroad, it's like you expect them to come to your door or get on their knees and apologize on tv to be doing enough.

March 13, 2011 at 4:24 pm |
    • Upperhand

"it's like you expect them to come to your door or get on their knees and apologize on tv to be doing enough."

@ Lonezero – You're an idiot, w/out a doubt!!

March 13, 2011 at 9:18 pm |
  19. Upperhand

Let's pretend the Islamofacists are not at war with us

March 13, 2011 at 1:31 pm |
  20. Upperhand

Islamophobia – The fear of speaking out against the rapidly growing religion/ideology that is out to repress all who do not follow its doctrine.

March 13, 2011 at 1:24 pm |
    • Matthew

Matthew 24 in Jesus words

9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

March 14, 2011 at 6:02 pm |