home
RSS
 Where is God in Japan?
March 20th, 2011

Finding faith amid disaster

By Jessica Ravitz, CNN

Around the world, people are still struggling to come to terms with the Japanese earthquake and tsunami, which have left more than 8,000 dead, thousands more missing and hundreds of thousand others homeless. The threat of a nuclear crisis only adds to the uncertainty.

In times like these, many people find comfort in their faith. But disasters can also challenge long-held beliefs. The CNN Belief Blog asked some prominent voices with different views on religion how they make sense of such suffering, where they see inspiration amid destruction and how they respond to people who wonder, “How could God let this happen?”

Rabbi Harold Kushner, author whose books include “When Bad Things Happen to Good People”

Whenever a disaster like this occurs, I go back to the Bible, to the First Book of Kings. Elijah, in despair over the situation in Israel, runs to the desert, back to Mt. Sinai to find the God of the Revelation to Moses.

"And lo, the Lord God passed by. There was a mighty wind, splitting mountains and shattering rocks, but the Lord was not in the wind. There was an earthquake but the Lord was not in the earthquake."

To me, that is the key: the Lord was not in the earthquake.

Where is God in Japan today? In the courage of people to carry on their lives after the tragedy. In the resilience of those whose lives have been destroyed, families swept away, homes lost, but they resolve to rebuild their lives. In the goodness and generosity of people all over the world to reach out and help strangers who live far from them, to contribute aid, to pray for them.

How can people do such things if God were not at work in them to lend a counterweight to a natural disaster?

The Rev. Tesshu Shaku, chief priest of Nyoraiji Temple, a Jodo Shinshu (True Pure Land sect of Buddhism) temple in Ikeda City, Japan

Buddhism is called a religion with no god. So we don’t think God caused this, according to the Buddhist way of thinking. We think of the law of cause and effect, searching for a cause. It is the same approach as science. The cause of this earthquake is the friction between the North American plate and the Pacific plate.

The Japanese are more focused on relationships as opposed to faith, feeling the pain of others. I have witnessed this at the time of the Hanshin Awaji earthquake. [In 1995, the Great Hanshin earthquake on the island of Awaji killed about 6,500 people.] There were many people who came to the affected area to help and volunteer.

There is a word, “earthquake children,” for people whose perspectives were affected by the disaster. They became very active in community service or became Buddhist monks. So people will be more spiritual, feeling the pains and joys of others.

The Rev. James Martin, Jesuit priest, culture editor of America magazine and author of “The Jesuit Guide to Almost Everything”

For the believer, there is no satisfactory answer for why we suffer. Each person has to come to grips with that. It’s not as if some magic answer can be found. But the idea of God suffering along with us can be very helpful.

The Christian believes that God became human and that God underwent all the things we do. Jesus on the cross cried, “My God, my God, why did you abandon me?” Christians do not have an impersonal God, but a God who understands what it means to suffer. People can relate more easily to a God who understands them.

Where is God? God is right there with the people who are grieving and sorrowful. In my own life, when I have felt great sorrow I have trusted that God is with me in this and that I’m not facing my struggles alone.

Oftentimes people become more religious in times of sorrow. They find that they are able to meet God in new ways. Why? Because when our defenses are down and we’re more vulnerable, God can break into our lives more easily. It’s not that God is closer, it’s that we’re more open.

Dr. Sayyid Syeed, national director of the Islamic Society of North America’s Office of Interfaith and Community Alliances

These sort of natural disasters become the collective responsibility of all mankind to mobilize our compassion and resources to ease the pain of the people who have suffered.

This disaster is not the result of any sins of these people; we need to be clear that there is no belief that these victims “deserved” it for any of their actions. Rather, Muslims see these kinds of tragedies as a test from God. Muslims believe that God tests those he loves, and these tragedies also serve as a reminder to the rest of us to remain grateful to God for all our blessings and cognizant that we must support those in need.

These kinds of calamities should push us in positive ways. They should strengthen our faith in God and in his goodness. We attribute the things we don’t understand to his limitless wisdom and comfort ourselves that he is with us and he loves us, so there must be some meaning in what has happened, even if it is beyond our comprehension here at this time.

We are trained by our faith that every suffering, whether big or small, brings us closer to God’s mercy and forgiveness, to the extent that the Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) said, if you are walking and feel a thorn pierce your foot, you should know that even this little bit of pain brings you divine blessing and God’s forgiveness. These times of suffering give us an opportunity to demonstrate patience and faith, and therefore, become closer to God.

Every natural phenomenon challenges us as God’s trustees on this Earth, showing us that we should continue to study and explore ways of safeguarding humankind and all creatures from being subjected to this kind of devastation. It is the collective duty of all humankind to put resources in this and advance our understanding of how to respond to these disasters in a scientific way.

Thich Nhat Hanh, Vietnamese Buddhist monk, writer and activist who founded the Unified Buddhist Church in France, and Plum Village, a Buddhist community in exile

As we contemplate the great number of people who have died in this tragedy, we may feel very strongly that we ourselves, in some part or manner, also have died.

The pain of one part of humankind is the pain of the whole of humankind. And the human species and the planet Earth are one body. What happens to one part of the body happens to the whole body.

An event such as this reminds us of the impermanent nature of our lives. It helps us remember that what’s most important is to love each other, to be there for each other, and to treasure each moment we have that we are alive. This is the best that we can do for those who have died: We can live in such a way that they can feel they are continuing to live in us, more mindfully, more profoundly, more beautifully, tasting every minute of life available to us, for them.

Sam Harris, author of books including “The End of Faith,” and co-founder and CEO of Project Reason, dedicated to spreading scientific knowledge and secular values

Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesn’t care to, or he doesn’t exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary. Take your pick, and choose wisely.

The only sense to make of tragedies like this is that terrible things can happen to perfectly innocent people. This understanding inspires compassion.

Religious faith, on the other hand, erodes compassion. Thoughts like, “this might be all part of God’s plan,” or “there are no accidents in life,” or “everyone on some level gets what he or she deserves” - these ideas are not only stupid, they are extraordinarily callous. They are nothing more than a childish refusal to connect with the suffering of other human beings. It is time to grow up and let our hearts break at moments like this.

The Rev. Franklin Graham,  president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan's Purse, an international Christian relief organization

I don’t believe God does want this to happen. I don’t think it was ever God’s intention.

We know that there are going to be storms in life. No matter what happens we need to keep our faith and trust in almighty God.  And I want the people of Japan to know that God hasn’t forgotten them,  that God does care for them and that he loves them.

We care and God cares, and we’re standing by them.

CNN's Carol Costello contributed to this report

- CNN Writer/Producer

Filed under: Belief • God • Japan

soundoff (1,886 Responses)
  1. Parris Larrain

Hi Lily, right on, you nailed it. See two of my posts below in reply to those who question a cruel God....natural laws of the universe are what you are talking about. You cannot override them. Therefore, since humans cannot control the physical environment as much as their prideful selves would like to, they CAN control themselves and make changes to protect themselves in the future.

It's so weird but I do remeember something in the Bible about people going into the hills in the future of the earth's existence. I need to look that one up.

March 21, 2011 at 10:45 am |
  2. InGodWeTrust

Heres a thought....For all you non believers, WHY ARE YOU READING THE BELIEF BLOG IF YOU DONT CARE OR HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY ABOUT GOD OR RELIGIOUS PEOPLE?!?!?! If you dont like it...dont read it...SIMPLE AS THAT!

March 21, 2011 at 10:44 am |
  3. RobbeeBobbee

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
    Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
    In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
    Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
    other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
    that during the low periods of my life,
    when I was suffering from
    anguish, sorrow or defeat,
    I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
    "You promised me Lord,
    that if I followed you,
    you would walk with me always.
    But I have noticed that during
    the most trying periods of my life
    there have only been one
    set of footprints in the sand.
    Why, when I needed you most,
    you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
    "The times when you have
    seen only one set of footprints,
    is when I carried you."
    Mary Stevenson

March 21, 2011 at 10:42 am |
  4. Sarah Palin

All of this there problems in Japan is because of Barack Obama. We need somebody in office that can take these problems by the horns and fix things. I have visited Japan and because of that know how to take charge. Barack can't keep ignoring these issues.

March 21, 2011 at 10:41 am |
  5. Ray W

I like how the ones who don't believe in a God are here in the belief blog to diss anyone's notion that there is a God. I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ and have had situations in my life when I have questioned things, but I know that my God is still in control. If one were to look at the book of Job they would begin to understand the idea of human suffering and how God is in control.

God loved mankind so much that He became man through Jesus and stepped down into our would to suffer the same things we go through. Hebrews 2:5-18 talks about this. Jesus then promised that when He was gone He would send the Holy Spirit, God's very Spirit, to live in us and guide us. He's known as the comfoter and counsler.

God is not some crule puppet master who torments his creation. He created everyone to live in perfect harmoney with everything, but because of our decision to by saying we know better than God we have this fallen world we live in now. Yet He still extends grace and mercy to a people who constantly reject Him and He continues to cry out to His people come back to me.

You can say there is no God, but you can't prove it by me. Have you ever seen the wind, no, but you have seen the effects of the wind and know it exists. The same is with God you cannot see Him but you know that He exists because you can see the good He does.

This is not something that God wanted to happen but now He continues to extend His hand saying come back to me.

March 21, 2011 at 10:41 am |
  6. cahcadden

Well, duh...God is busy with the NCAA tournament in the United States! 😦

March 21, 2011 at 10:40 am |
  7. Teddy

To me, that is the key: the Lord was not in the earthquake.

"Natural disasters are acts of nature, not acts of God. God cares about the well-being of good people; Nature is blind, an equal-opportunity destroyer."
    what a load of crap!
    so how this one match with " god is creator of the earth,...etc?

March 21, 2011 at 10:39 am |
  8. adam

So question how does one account for individuals who have died and been dead for a period of time but are brought back by doctors and tell of out of body experiences or in some cases of a spirit world. No doubt a goodly amount could be explained by process of elimination. Some however at this current time most likely could not be disprove or proven. But based on such testimonials as well as testimonials from those who do believe or don't it would seem to suggest that their truly does exist by process of elimination however small that such a thing as a hereafter could in fact exist. This is assuming however that individuals who go through such experiences while dead are truthful individuals. Obviously some might give falsehoods but their are some who are perfectly honest people. Until such testimonials can be completely refuted with empirical evidence their does exist the possibility that they are telling the truth but on the same token they themselves can provide no empirical evidence to support their claim. Moral of story their would seem to be many facets of life which we are still only barely beginning to either understand or come to some type of a acceptance that either of the above parties could be true of false namely those with beliefs and those without. Only time will really tell who is right and who is wrong whoever that may be.

March 21, 2011 at 10:37 am |
    • rite

Why wait for "time" to tell? Why not figure it out ASAP? Isn't it important to you? Doesn't your soul mean anything to you?
      Don't you care if your bible is true or not? Why not? Why would you be so reckless with your own soul?

Define your god. List his attributes and we can see that your god could not possibly exist and that your god's attributes are logically and physically impossible.
      You see, you have to define your terms before you can have a knock-down, drag-out fight over your god's existence.
      And you will have lost before it even started because your bible is full of crazy nonsense that would only make sense if you were an uneducated peasant living in the dark ages.
      But you are also indoctrinated into believing as you do, so we have that to fight against as well.
      We have facts on our side, you have mantras burned into your brain. Guess what, I'm going to give you shlt about it.

March 21, 2011 at 12:06 pm |
  9. HardConnect

Just wondeting Haiti is mostly a christian country. Where was god when needed in Haiti....

March 21, 2011 at 10:36 am |
  10. FSR Vocaloid

Actually i think of this as irony because in december, they banned anime and manga in the area around toyko.

March 21, 2011 at 10:34 am |
  11. Jerry

the fact is that God does care and uses events like these to either test our faith or to punish those who do not follow Him (as to why he hasn't done this to the US is beyond me as we have clearly gone astray. Praise Him for his compassion and mercy on us), Sodom and Gamora are great examples of His wrath, the great flood and Job's life are another. Our hearts go out to the victims and their families and we pray for them day and night. If any of you have ever read the Bible you would know that God never said that our lives would be pain free and contrary to popular belief He is less interested in our happiness and MORE interested in our salvation. I leave you with this: he who makes a friend of the world makes an enemy of God. This is but a passing moment, a quick breath compared to what he has promised for eternity.

March 21, 2011 at 10:33 am |
  12. Thomas Bussius

It is funny. Priests, pastors, mullahs and others seem to be a little helpless with their answers to why omnipresent God who created the whole system, from rocks to people, caring and gentle, allows these tragedies to happen. Where was God when the tsunami struck in Indonesia? Or why didn´t He go to Auschwitz and the other terror sites? All ethnic groups believe in some sort of superior being controlling their lives and destiny. Most believe the creature is a good one. But is it really? Or is it gone, leaving us to run our own spiritual business? Somebody said God is dead. Looks it is not all that impossible...

March 21, 2011 at 10:33 am |
  13. Zayrina

I no longer believe in a personal, caring God. I do believe we were created but I think that God takes about as much interest in us as we do in an ant.

March 21, 2011 at 10:31 am |
  14. Good News

John 3
    16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent forth his Son into the world, not for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him.

March 21, 2011 at 10:30 am |
    • John

...and Bad News

Kings
      2:23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
      2:24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

March 21, 2011 at 11:04 am |
  15. dawn

It's really an impossibility that a speck ever came into existence. Matter cannot be created right? So why not believe in the impossible? It's as likely as anything.

March 21, 2011 at 10:28 am |
  16. Rob

Why do so many atheists bother to spend their time on a religious blog, conversing about matters that, according to them, are just a bunch of meaningless bs? I don't believe in Santa Claus, and I wouldn't waste one moment of my time bothering to read and make posts to a site dedicated to discussing his existence.

I think they feel the need for validation by trying to convince others of the "merits" of their views. It's like married people not being able to abide that any of their friends choose to remain single. They seem to feel an inexorable need to make certain that evryone in their circle gets hitched. Perhaps they wish to inflict their misery on everyone else around them? Of course, the same may be said for many Chrisitans as well, i.e., they are validated in their faith by attempting to convince others of their views.

Come on people! If you don't believe in religion, why bother? Why waste your time? You don't really think you're going to convert anyone to atheism by means of a post to a blog, do you?

March 21, 2011 at 10:24 am |
    • Magic

Rob,
      "I don't believe in Santa Claus, and I wouldn't waste one moment of my time bothering to read and make posts to a site dedicated to discussing his existence."

If and when Santa Clausism becomes dominant and laws and public policies are formed based on it, and taxes are levied and spent according to it, I'll bet you will have a thing or two to say about it.

March 21, 2011 at 12:43 pm |
  17. TruthintheBible

@ Al Bluengreenenbrownenburger (Or, I am supposing you are Mr. Sniffles)

Thank you for taking time to analyze the verses I quoted..Directly to the verses that you are saying that soon followed, the questions now lie before us: Have there been earthquakes IN ALL PLACES with magnitude as that of Fukushima's, about 2,000 years ago when Jesus Christ made such declaration? Have there been massive famines? When did the World War I and II occur? You could go on and read until verse 35 of Matthew chapter 24 and you will realize that Jesus Christ clearly was not referring to their time (as the verse say, "Generation"). He was neither a liar nor was wrong..

Is Jesus Christ playing words with us? May it not happen, as his Father assured:

"All the words of my mouth are righteous;
    there is nothing twisted or crooked in them.
    They are all straight to him who understands,
    and right to those who find knowledge."

Proverbs 8:8-9

One of the worse things that we could do in this life is to show to God and His Son who created us, gave us life, and continue to allow us to exist that we are ungrateful but saying that Jesus Christ is a Liar and was repeatedly wrong is a lot worse..

I respectfully admonish you to not think that God thinks like you do.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.
    For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Isaiah 55:8-9

May God open your heart and enlighten your mind my friend..

March 21, 2011 at 10:23 am |
    • cindy

Great post!!

March 21, 2011 at 10:28 am |
    • James

@TruthintheBible, you have to realize earthquakes were not recorded like they are today so it's really an open ended question. There is actually a theory, with computer generated models, that there was a giant earthquake describe in the Bible in Exodus. They have shown that when the tectonic plates shifted it released a tremendous amount of iron in the water, making it appear to be blood. It also would have stunk. Fish died because of it. The theory then continues that because of this massive earthquake it would have resulted in a plague, etc… It was part of human history which would explain how Christ knew about it. It’s all about perspective, understanding history and science of today. If you were someone living back in that time period you don't have the knowledge to describe exactly what you were living through, so you focus on it must be the work of a God.

March 21, 2011 at 10:51 am |
    • Heather

@James I saw a docu-mentary on it but it was more like.

After the earthquake hit, the part of the water turns red, science discovered a water born virus that acts like an algae, and when it grows it takes up all the waters oxygen, and in the process turns a rusty red color (blood like), this would account for the fish stocks being killed off, and it then as a knock on effect with the next chapter, frogs. The frogs would naturally leave the water and run out all over the land, they in turn die in the heat causing swarms of Gnats, the lice happen because of the lack of clean water and the breakdown of all cleanliness. That in turn brings the flies, causing the disease to livestock, that would have an effect on peoples skin quality via lack of iron and other vitamins (boils).Hail and thunder would be a natural happening anyway, just put into the story to add effect. Locusts again part of the other happenings, water/flies etc. From the massive flight migrations of the locusts you would more than likely have a darkened sky, as for the death to all first born, it had to do with the steps being highlighted to show the plague within the house or building.

March 21, 2011 at 11:05 am |
  18. The Zen Particle

I think the question and argument that should be posited by both theists and atheists is how can we can help these people instead of indulging in selfishness by simply arguing over stupid things like religion and if deity exists or not. None of you are showing the humanistic altruism and compassion that is presented in your ideas. Lets use rationality here, folks. It's not hard!

March 21, 2011 at 10:21 am |
    • Rob

Of course it is, especially when it's so much easier, fun, and satisfying (in the short term) to resort to emotion and invective.

March 21, 2011 at 10:28 am |
    • lady_vet

I couldn't believe that this question is even being asked- yours is the most relevant response I've yet read...

March 21, 2011 at 10:34 am |
    • The Zen Particle

@Rob and that's the problem with theists and atheists, their inclination to react upon emotion rather than rationality and logic. Which is why I find these arguments to be a waste of time.

March 21, 2011 at 10:35 am |
    • rite

You want us to ignore injustice and crimes against humanity just to keep you happy?
      You don't want anyone to argue because then we won't be focusing on helping disaster victims?
      Are you serious?
      This is a free-speech, anonymous, anything-goes opinion blog. We came here to argue.
      If we want to help disaster victims, there are actual ways of doing that outside of the CNN website.
      Why is anyone here when they could be holding fundraisers? hmm.

March 21, 2011 at 11:20 am |
  19. Christian

As a former atheist I understand the way they feel. But if only they looked for the answers and actually studied the bible, they would truly see the answers. God warns us that there will be people that will always doubt because of our selfishness (which I was very guilty of). There are somethings that we will never understand or know why God does certain things. I hope one day people see the truth, because Jesus will rise again

March 21, 2011 at 10:21 am |
    • Craig B.

lame

March 21, 2011 at 10:28 am |
    • The Zen Particle

And yet, you are still being selfish consider a) you state that you are a former atheist that has now turned religious which implies that you are somehow are superior to your fellow man due to your born again theology and b) your claim that Jesus will indeed rise again also implies that you have secret knowledge to the events that will unfold in the coming years that leads up to his rising, which has no evidence from Jesus himself, but rather from a whole host of authors who wrote of him years after his death. All this leads to the conclusion that your truth is THE truth and nothing else which leads to a selfish desire to "teach" people this "truth". In order to not be selfish is to keep your beliefs to yourself. Religion is personal. Keep it that way. Same goes for atheism, it's a personal conviction. Keep it to yourself. There's enough stupid division in this world, we don't need anymore.

March 21, 2011 at 10:30 am |
    • The Yes Man

Thank you, Christian for what you typed.

March 21, 2011 at 10:40 am |
    • pedro zambrano

God is in heaven. the earth is the kingdom of satan. the man worships satan and money and thats how is it

March 21, 2011 at 10:41 am |
    • Dennis

There is no such thing as a "former atheist". You either are or you aren't. Quit being an idiot.

March 21, 2011 at 10:42 am |
    • To Christian

As a former Christian, current Atheist, I read the Bible and all what it does is to give answers to unsolved questions, but these answers are based on FAITH only, in other words, these answers are useless. God does not exists, if he does, and since he is a loving father, i don't think he would let his happen. I am not saying he did it but he, at least, would stop it from happening, you don't test people's faith or resilience or morality by "letting" whole villages wash away and 9000 dead bodies...

March 21, 2011 at 10:51 am |
    • Reply to Observer

If a father tries really hard to bring up his a son in a good way for him, but this son rejects all his fathers advice, and moves out of home, and even starts taking drugs and get into trouble...

Would you blame the father? ofcourse NOT!

God has given Humans and angels free will! He doesnt force anyboday to do things, if he wanted this, he would have created us like roborts. God wants us to serve him willingly! out of love. This makes him happy. Proverbs11:27

Just because God allows somethingdoesnt mean he causes it. It also does not mean he will nerver do anything about it.
      The bible teaches that God is slow to anger, and that he will act.
      Jesus taught his disciples to pra for Gods will to be done on earth as it isin heaven.

Jesus is described as The Prince of peace. The time will come when he will act. This we can be sure of!

There is a difference of allowing something to happen than causing it.

March 21, 2011 at 1:42 pm |
  20. John 316

Read..... Revelations...... A lot of the comments on here prove it to me....

March 21, 2011 at 10:18 am |
    • Meh

Been there, done that – it reads like a pi$$ poor Stephen King novel.

March 21, 2011 at 10:25 am |
    • DADe

It seems that mankind has a lot of unanswered questions. They want to immediately blame God for everything bad that happens especially when it relates to human suffering. But, these people are completely and totally wrong! If they knew God, they would know that He is loving and kind above any capacity we have of understanding love. Catastrophes like this one are a blatant sign that Satan still roams the earth; He is totally responsible for this disaster. Mankind should be blaming him! But, events like this ultimately lead survivors to Christ because they know He is their hope-not Budda. So, please stop blaming God for such horrible events and start blaming the one who is really at fault – SATAN (who is disguised to many as Budda).

March 21, 2011 at 10:40 am |
    • Joel

It's Revelation. Singular

March 21, 2011 at 10:48 am |
    • Observer

So Satan "is totally responsible for this disaster"? So was God totally powerless to stop it or just didn't care?

March 21, 2011 at 10:50 am |
    • Babajiska

WHY GOD HAS NOT INTERVENED

Imagine that a teacher is telling his szudents how to solve a difficult problem. A clever but rebelious student claims that the teachers way of solving the problem is wrong.
      Implying that the teacher is not capable, this rebel insists he knows a much better way to solve the problem. Some students think that he is right and also become rebelious.
      what shoul the teacher do? If he throws the rebels out of the class, what will be the effect on the students? will they not believe that their fellow student and those who joined him are right? All the other students in the class might lose respect for the teacher, thinking that he is afraid of being proved wrong.

but suppose that the teacher allows the rebel to show the class how he would solve the problem.

God has done something similar to what the teacher does. Remeber that the rebels in Eden were not only ones involved. Millions of angels were watching. How God would handle the rebelion would greatly affect all those angles and all his inteligent creation. So what has God done? he has allow satan to show ho he would rule mankind.
      God has also allowed humans to govern themselves under satan.
      the teacher knows that the rebel and the students are wrong.

But he also knows that allowing them the opportunity to try to prove their point would benefit the class. When the rebel fails, all honest students will see that the teacher is the only one qualified to lead the class. they will understand why the teacher thereafter removes any rebels from the class. simply put God knows that all honest hearted humans and angels would benefit from seeing that satan and his fellow rebels have failed and that humans cannot govern themselves. the will learn the vital truth like jerimiah of old: " i well know O God, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking to direct his step- Jeremiah 10:23

March 21, 2011 at 12:38 pm |