home
RSS
April 14th, 2011

Muslim beauty contestant faces critics on all sides, she says

By Richard Allen Greene, CNN

Manchester, England (CNN) - Shanna Bukhari gets some pretty nasty messages through Facebook, she says. They call her a "dirty Muslim." They say England is a "white nationality country" and she shouldn't be allowed to represent it.

But that's just what she hopes to do at the Miss Universe beauty contest this year. If the Manchester, England-based fashion model wins the British contest next month, Bukhari will become the first Muslim to represent Britain at the international contest.

The idea isn't going down well with everyone - Bukhari says she has gotten hate mail from across the board.

"I've had racists, I've had a minority from Muslim community, I've had it from all religions and all communities that dislike what I'm doing," she said.

The most upsetting messages, she said, are video links suggesting she should be murdered.

Since she started getting threats, she has made a point of never being alone, and a private security firm guards her when she appears at charity events, she said.

Some of the abuse she gets is based on a misunderstanding, she said.

"I am not representing Islam and I am not the one that brought my religion into this," Bukhari said. "The minority out there should not use my religion to attack me."

She's not planning to wear a bikini, she said, explaining that her swimsuit will be a one-piece topped with a sarong.

"I don't think I would be comfortable wearing a bikini," she said.

Bukhari says she's a good Muslim.

"This competition does not define me as a person. It doesn't make me any less of a Muslim being in a pageant like this," she said. "Pageants like this are happening in Muslim countries as well."

And a British woman shouldn't have to defend herself from the sort of criticism she's getting from a few Muslims, she argued.

"We live in a Western society and there is a minority out there who is trying to dictate and control others... they need to start accepting England as a whole and treat it as their country."

One of her critics agrees with her on that point.

"As much as I may oppose the way a certain person dresses, I think it's important that people should have the right to dress the way they want to dress," said Mohammed Shafiq, the chief executive of the Ramadhan Foundation, a Manchester-based Muslim youth organization working to build cross-community understanding.

But, although he says Shanna Bukhari may have a right to enter a beauty contest he says she should not.

"Islam is very clear that women should dress in a modest way and guard their modesty, and certainly as a liberal Muslim myself, I do believe that she should do just that."

He objects to pageants "where women have to be paraded and idolized as sexual objects," and dismisses the argument that pageant winners do a lot of charity work.

"You can promote peace without having the title Mrs Universe or Mrs UK for that matter," he said.

Despite his objections to beauty contests, Shafiq says he bears Bukhari no ill will.

"I totally condemn the death threats she may have received and the hate mail she may have received," he said. "I've opposed her but it doesn't mean I'm full of hatred and I wish her well."

More people back Shanna Bukhari's quest to be Miss Universe than oppose it, she said.

"I've had so much support from all over, not just the United Kingdom ... Hong Kong, China, Pakistan, India, many Muslim countries - it's way more than the hate that I've received," she said.

On the streets of Manchester, where she lives, not a single person who spoke to CNN objected to what Bukhari was doing.

"Whether you're Muslim or whatever your religion is, you should be entitled to do what you like. You should be allowed to do it regardless of your religion," said David Yates.

"Why not?" asked Priya Baghani, who is not Muslim. "In Manchester there are a lot of Muslims, so that might be representative of this community, so why not?"

Several women wearing headscarves declined to answer CNN's questions about Bukhari.

But one of the world's best-known Muslim beauty queens is backing her.

Miss USA 2010 Rima Fakih is both the first Arab-American and the first Muslim to win that title. She sought out Bukhari after hearing her story to offer advice and a gift.

"Be fearless, be proud of who you are and no matter what anyone tells you by using religion as a tool against you, don't let that affect you," she said.

"I sent Shanna a bracelet just like mine," Fakih said, jangling a wrist covered with good luck charms, "and I hope it's going to keep her safe."

- Newsdesk editor, The CNN Wire

Filed under: Belief • Culture wars • Europe • Islam • Muslim • United Kingdom

soundoff (1,004 Responses)
  1. haha

cant wear a burka in the contest and she needs to take her religon out of it and move on, the people are really getting tired of the muslims shoving their crap on us, let us move past this and kick her butt to the side of the road along with obama.

April 15, 2011 at 6:25 am |
  2. Minhaj

She is a Muslim and she should know that wearing short dresses is not legal in Islam. She should first think what her religion says.

April 15, 2011 at 6:23 am |
  3. LeDude

I am LeDude!!! I am LeDuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!

April 15, 2011 at 6:22 am |
  4. Gregory

If these negative views about her are coming from a seemingly inconsequential minority in the Muslim community, what is the 99% majority doing about it? duhh

April 15, 2011 at 6:11 am |
  5. camty

She should run for miss jihad then the radical nut-jobs would love her.

April 15, 2011 at 6:01 am |
  6. chuckmartel

All these problems because the muslims will not stay in their own muslim wastelands. From terrorism, lack of cultural assimilation, threatenig their western hosts with death for dizzing their religion, etc. Who needs this crap.

April 15, 2011 at 5:25 am |
    • ann

Right, Get rid of these people. They don't serve any good purpose that I can see. Just trouble makers. What does it take to make them realize that non muslims and especially Americans do not accept their vile life style. WE DON'T LIKE YOU DUMB, DUMB. REASON ONE YOU ARE SO IGNORANT.

April 15, 2011 at 6:57 am |
  7. Dame Makedonski

CNN started a series against modern slavery. They do not need to dig very deep. Islamic religion in its hard core essence is the most brutal religion where 1/2 of the population is treated as slaves. That is, in Islam women are treated as slaves that have to pleasure the men and just to have "reproduction" role. As the old slavery disappeared nowadays, this moronic religion will also disappear one day. Today we see Shanna to appear in some beauty contest still mentally restricted by the rules of her religion, but after 5 years we will see more young muslim women wanting to show their beauty and to spite on the moronic rules proposed 15 centuries ago.

April 15, 2011 at 5:23 am |
    • Ere

There is still regular "old-school" type slavery going on in many countries today. Against the human rights abuses done to hard-core slaves, the accompanying misogyny is small potatoes. They have bought slaves!
      Bought! There's an actual slave market in our modern world.
      Yet nothing is done, and I'll give you three guesses why...

April 15, 2011 at 6:13 am |
  8. TheId

I knew those woemen under dem der burkas was hot!

April 15, 2011 at 5:20 am |
  9. Studdmuffins

Well, this will surely endear bloody ol' England to Muslim communities across the ME.

April 15, 2011 at 5:14 am |
  10. Nayef Atari

Allah(Name of God in Islam in addition to 98 other names) has a good common sense greater than man ...he praised the beauty of Joseph the son of Jacob ...and he ecourraged good in every aspect of life ...but ignorants are there ...evey where ..see the unlighted part of life ...those who should be cursed ...

April 15, 2011 at 4:39 am |
  11. Johnny

I've never seen so much makeup caked onto a 'beauty queen'

Shes not attractive at all. Proof? Imagine her in the morning with her mask stuck to your pillow.

April 15, 2011 at 4:25 am |
    • costner

Exactly, she should look at her for the 2nd time, Awful

April 15, 2011 at 6:18 am |
  12. sunira

When I left Islam, I left everything behind, including my family. But I found a true God that lives in me through Jesus. Now, I feel only pity for those trapped in my old life. My example is inspiring others in my family to do the same. If you are reading this, know that the truth is out there and it can't be found in islam. You will know a tree by its fruit, as my savior said. Look at the fruits of islam. If it were a tree, you would dig it out of the ground with your bare hands to be rid of it.

April 15, 2011 at 4:19 am |
    • Hooman

In the Name of Allah!
      every good thing is in islam and I m realy sorry cos u left this holy relegion, i m sure that jesus wont be able to help you in the doomsday.

April 15, 2011 at 4:47 am |
    • oncewaslost

I was born and raised a Christian, and rejected it for its hypocrisy and double standards. If you're to know a tree by its fruit, the American Christians have become their own sect that I cheerfully name myself heretic and heathen to deny. Follow the teachings of the Bible, or accept a religion that allows for pluralism (such as Hinduism). Recognize that the NAME of the faith doesn't mean a thing – it's the ACTIONS of the followers, in whatever name. Christianity has as many wretched people who engage in terror, degradation and abuse as other religions, possibly more out of sheer numbers due to percentage. If there's something out there, it doesn't care in what name you do good acts – only that you do them.

April 15, 2011 at 4:50 am |
    • shaddowcaster

SISTER – im deeply saddened at what women of the middle east and south asia and indochine face daily . a man/husband should rule his family by love ,grace ,mercy, honor and respect -for it is this earned respect that gives him -authority – wich is shown in kind by his family . so why then are . those – buy means other than reasons of love -getting married then becoming abusive and violent and ruling there familys by force -co-oersion and terror and violence . all this breeds is resentment of the man by his whole family besides disrespect and dishonnor and disloyalty not to mention -abuse and abbandonment in his old age by those who disreguard his ill health when he gets old . providing he lives that long . -ive seen domestic violence and the mental illnesses caused by it . the women become brainwashed into masichisim – or they live constantly under fear and stress wich harms unborn children or traumatises grown children . and as for life long mental issues they are made paraniod over personal privacy and personal security issues and are miserable – untrusting and unfeeling and desensitised to a point of not careing -many become suicidal . or go insane after too many years of abuse . this is what i see radical islam – enabling -thus for this reason i have no respect for the "RELIGION " – IT HAS LOST ITS HONOR WHEN IT DESTROYS THE PEACE OF FAMILIES -IN THESE WAYS – IT IS A RELIGION NOT BASED ON LOVE . CARE NOR CONSIDERATION OF INNOCENT VICTIMS -this is shown by honnor killings and it is shown by making martyrs of children by sending them to do suicidal things that destroy them – the madrassa clerics and religions leadership radicals should be doing themselves -ive yet to see nastralla of hezbollahin syria -or al/sadr of iraq – – go to allah in a self destructive act to further extreme radical islam ." there walk dont match there talk " if they were so dead set on destroying there enemys they should be the first people to cause violence themselves -but since they send others to take there places they are true hypocrites -nothing more . and ay religion that endorces – violence should lose its religious standing in the world -in my opinion . so islam – needs change or it needs to go in my eyes . " a pig eating crusader " .

April 15, 2011 at 4:56 am |
    • shaddowcaster

@once was lost – well stated – there are probably some muslims that will make it to heaven before some christians do – why – because just like you they havent really read or walked -or had faith in there own religion /relationship with god – i follow the bible i follow god – but ive been hurt by more christians "SO-CALLED CHRISTIANS" ,HYPOCRITES than by any other religion – even islam . but do i turn my back on the bible or god – no -because my faith is in god not people – and i believe the bible to be true – but not mens "pastors " interpetations of it – so -my apologies for other – hypocrites giveing you reason to leave the faith – god knows they have given me reason to – but again my faith is in god not people -and it really causes me grief what damages people can do in the name of god and also in there interpetations of what he had written in his word .and it hurts even more when i see others harmed by there actions .-especially those of different faiths .but i know in the end god judges everyone -and on that day of judgement i will have to answer for my own actions-not the actions of others , all alone -so will you and everyone here .your in my prayers – :}

April 15, 2011 at 5:07 am |
    • ann

Great, Now why don't you write a book about the true bible and Jesus Christ and send it to the people that believe the way you say you used to. That is what God would have you do. He tells you to take his message to the people.

April 15, 2011 at 7:04 am |
    • Randal

Sunira. I am happy you found Jesus or should I say, Jesus found you. Jesus is the only way to heaven. Some of you may disagree but fact is not changed by disagreement. I can feel an array of questions coming from people who think they are smart but I assure you there is a sound answer that does not require “a song and dance” to each of your challenges. I also assure you that you will not be able to learn that answer in this tiny space.

Why is Christianity the only logical religion? It is because God does all the the work. It recognizes that our best efforts fall short and that there is nothing we can do to earn heaven. Seriously, what could a created being offer the creator that he does not already have?

And for the atheists, explain where all the stuff came from or why the universe has laws of nature? For the agnostic, I respect that you know there is a creator but you still have not decided in who it is or if the creator even cares about us. Keep thinking, you will work out an answer eventually.

April 15, 2011 at 2:06 pm |
  13. husain

women are inherently inferior and subservient to men. they must be covered to keep them from entering into sin or foolishness and more importantly causing a man to do so. there are two types of muslim men, the ones that believe this and state so. the second kind try to act enlightened or modern and say it's the woman's choice. i've spoken to many of the second kind and they believe the same as the first, they just need a nudge and the support of others, then their wife must also be covered. islam brings peace to both men and women by diminishing the negative impact women can have in life. they are put here to bring forth children and give pleasure to their husbands, not to think or pretend they are equal. Learning one's role brings peace to all.

April 15, 2011 at 4:12 am |
    • UK Bloke

What a tosser!!

April 15, 2011 at 4:28 am |
    • s.s.

and that's why muslims suck......

April 15, 2011 at 4:38 am |
    • WhatAJoke

Hahaha.... Let me guess, you aren't married and don't have a girlfriend?

I am a girl and if that's what my purpose in life is... That's not a life I want to live.

And pleasure my husband... Hah. That's laughable.

April 15, 2011 at 4:38 am |
    • lizazabc

So what you are saying husain is Muslim men are too pathetic to control themselves and are no better than animals? That your allah doesn't give you the free will to respect a woman (or the rest of humanity really) without needing to cover her up. You are like a child or an animal distracted by a shiny object. Are you that weak and pathetic? And your line about islam bringing peace is the biggest load of crap ever. Name one muslim country that is peaceful. The truth is husain, your religion is a hate filled joke that was created by a violent war like pedophile.

April 15, 2011 at 5:38 am |
    • Anothermus

Husain, people like you are the problem with muslim community. I am sure you never read Quran. Only book you know is Sahi-Bukhari....Shame on you......

April 15, 2011 at 6:09 am |
    • KBaus

Husain,

What does the Quran say about family and and the mother? Does it say that family is at the feet of the mother? Does not it says to treat your mother with the highest respect? Saying that women are inherently inferior clearly states that your mother is inferior to you. That is not what Quran say.
      Does Quran, with its many stories (for example the Prophet telling about the women who had a child out of wedlock and how many times the Prophet gave her chance before the stonning was applied) says clearly do not jump in judgment, be patient and understanding. How is it, Husain, that Jesus is one of the four most important prophets of Islam yet he taught peace and love not haterage and inequality. Are you a true muslim or one who hijacks Islam for its own evil purpose?

April 15, 2011 at 6:19 am |
    • BiH

Dear Husain, as a Muslim women, I have the privilege to believe and practice the religion of Islam. There are so many people in this world that are afraid these days to say that they are Muslims, just because of the stereotype that WE Muslims are doing to ourselves. I support the young lady, she is proving that women in Islam and same- equal to any other women in other religions. We are beautiful, we respect our husbands, brothers, father in-law, sons, but now is the time that you Muslim Man start respecting your sisters, wife, daughters. Just look around yourself how many Muslim women in the world are suffering, because of the egoism of man. Allah gave us Muslim Women the highest power to give the beauty of life the children, don’t anyone dare to judge the women, we will all one day be sending in front of our creator, Inshallah...

April 15, 2011 at 6:19 am |
    • Peedy Oor-ree-on

Husain, you are the first honest muslim I have heard. But you are still only half honest. Why don't you tell the rest, as the website, http://www.IslamQA.com does, that a good muslim's job is to implement sharia in whatever way possible? Tell us that democracy is contrary to Islam. Tell us that if we are not muslim, we are kuffar (unworthy of respect). Tell us that the goal of Islam is to bring the entire world under control of theocratic fascism, such as all the countries in the Middle East having problems are; where the califs are rich and everyone else is poor, and where men rule according to tribal law from 1,300 years ago. Your statement that women are subservient to men proves that your "religion" is antiquated and invalid.

April 15, 2011 at 6:39 am |
    • hamza

american women are worthless.i heard hundreds of american men calling american women a "female dog".american women are self-centered monsters that are used by men for temporary relief of pressure in the groins and then kicked like a dirty rag.about 15% of americans are not biological sons of men listed on the birth certificate as a father.neighbours,family,plumbers,electricians,...are all candidates to be real father of your son.america is a moral disaster.people here live like pigs.your thusband will show you his respect by sleeping with your mother,sister,daughter,all of the above.not to mention your friends or strangers.

April 15, 2011 at 6:43 am |
    • ann

I don't know where you are but, go back to the cave fellow. You are a disgusting excuse of a man. Excuse me, I mean ANIMAL.

April 15, 2011 at 6:44 am |
    • Dontworry

Husain maybe thats why islamic men are always hanging out with other men in caves and spider holes and killing people all the time? You call that bringing peace? Islam is the farthest away from peace as you can get....

April 15, 2011 at 10:27 am |
    • Randal

Are you sure Islam says that? I thought women were important but have different responsibilities and that the man covers the woman because of his responsibility in leading. If you cannot lead then do not expect your wife to follow. Declarations of edicts. Hate and copntrol cannot produce peace. You need to go back and study more and seek an understanding of what you are reading rather than an understanding of what you want it to mean. Its not about you. It is about God's love and mercy.

April 15, 2011 at 1:40 pm |
  14. OneGod4All

Beauty is widely a question of taste and development of the viewer. If this face is elected as a number 1, we will just have a mirror of the state of our male viewer's state of spiritual hmmm... development.

April 15, 2011 at 3:56 am |
  15. Alberto

As a Muslim, I say to Shanna, all the power to you, girl! Go for it. Don't let the idiots get to you. You are beautiful, created by the same God that has created this universe. Be the best you can be, at whatever you choose. There is no place for religious zealots to have a say in what you're doing, only you and your heart. Follow your dream – it's nobody else's business!

April 15, 2011 at 3:52 am |
    • husain

you are not a muslim. you may pray or read, but Allah did not want women to be our equals. We must exercise our rights and force them to be covered to hide their sin and their capabilty to make others sin. in countries where women once dressed like in the west, but then were made to cover themselves, they are now experiencing the true peace that Allah brings to those that know their place. Stop leading others to sin or I fear that you will not be happy in the afterlife.

April 15, 2011 at 4:15 am |
    • Billy Ryan

Husain, You must come into the light. Women are equals. In every way, Don't be left behind in another century, Join ours. It's much better

April 15, 2011 at 4:49 am |
    • Michael

@husain You write that women need to "...hide their sin" as if a woman is sinful simply because she is a woman and not a man. That is a disturbing and awful statement on its face. For the record, I am a Christian and I am unfamiliar with some of the details of Islam, but I find it repulsive that your faith would consider a person's gender sinful in and of itself. Being born as a man does not make you any better than anyone else.

By the way, the afterlife, with the whole virgins thing, please tell me that is a joke. Right? If you actually believe that you are awarded a number of virgins when you die you have to be kidding. It just sounds like the guy who came up with this stuff back in the seventh century really needed a selling point and went with the virgins. Just sayin'.

April 15, 2011 at 5:10 am |
    • hamza

americans dd not experience having the family made of a man and a woman,a blessing of having 2 different parents.instead,they have 2 mutants,monsters,neither male nor female,who do not respect each other,but fight all the time,because you don't know who is a husband and who is a wife.i cannot describe you ugly feeling of visiting an american "friend",him washing dishes while she was hitting on me,giving me her cell phone number to call her.when your mama kisses you,you must know that in average 25 guys had those lips on their privates,same with your wife-is that what you consider superior?american men don't have spines.and since when is alberto a muslim?

April 15, 2011 at 6:24 am |
    • Dontworry

Most of the direction in the koran and in muhamads writings are about killing non believers....many quotes about killing people who dont belive in islam and muslims that turn away from islam...islam is so worried that their religion is fake and was written by a ped o phi.le that they must kill people that dont believe until islam is spread throughout the entire world.....islam came wayy after Judaism and christianity...and is a counter to those religions...its revisionist history and to be honest, islams history cannot even come close to be anything enlightened like Judaism and christianity......I could also write a war manual, feed it to the uneduicated masses and force people to believe it or behead them................islam is a bu ll shiet religion written by a ret ard.....

April 15, 2011 at 10:23 am |
  16. AB

See. I lived in so many parts of the world and experienced life with different ppl, cultures, backgrounds, stories, beliefs, etc. Many of them believe in or do things which I would not approve of. I learned that there's nothing you can do about it. Simply put, to control it all .. is overwhelming and ridiculous (few exceptions – I'll come to that in a sec). So, forget about if someone is muslim, jew, or chrisitan, white, black, asian, etc. ... just treat them, the way they treat others. There's never going to be a perfect world with everyone agreeing with everyone. So come to a realization and accept it. You can still have your own thoughts and opinions – just know there's nothing you can do to make everyone agree to how you want or currently live your life. It's actually sad to think that. But there are exceptions, Shanna is one of them. Because not only does she do what she does but she deliberately advertising her religion. In my opinion, that means that she represents a community – but like we saw from the Imam (the leader of that community), he does not endorse such thing. Perhaps if she finds another way to advertise her uniqueness instead of dragging others into it ... she wouldn't be getting as many hate emails. Just my 2 cents

April 15, 2011 at 3:43 am |
    • hamza

from what i saw,americans who travelled abroad are much deeper than these mainstream,redneck ones,so you show some flexibility.ameicans generally assume that their values are great,that everyone else is inferior(which is nazism),that whoever does anything different way,is wrong.so,according to americans,eveybody should have european looks,worship jesus,love marines,football and lynard skynard,have tatoos,be promiscous.this woman is trying to have a career,she is using her muslim upbringing to advertise herself.i don't care about her showing her body to hungry dogs,but i wish she stops claiming to be a muslim.muslim faith is not democracy,it is strict,if you disregard a part of it,you are out completely.there are restrictions in islam,and showing her butt in public is a blasphemy.

April 15, 2011 at 6:11 am |
  17. Samantha

So... treating other people with violence, terrorism, beheading people (using muslim religion) is right? while this beautiful lady here is joining beauty pageant to promote peace in islam is wrong? what is wrong with these muslim people? Are they dumb or stupid or what?

April 15, 2011 at 3:31 am |
    • hamza

you simply do not want to understand.muslims are attacking americans because americans are terrorizing muslims-move your hooligans out of muslim lands and you will be safe.and this woman has a muslim name,but she is not a muslim,she is not respecting nor representing muslim faith.

April 15, 2011 at 5:33 am |
    • Teh Nam

yis samntha, dey r teh stupid crzy

April 15, 2011 at 6:07 am |
    • ann

These muslim people are both dumb and stupid. But worse are the non muslims that defend them.

April 15, 2011 at 6:35 am |
  18. tosser

I'd do her with.

April 15, 2011 at 3:10 am |
    • TheDirtyPirate

So would I.

April 15, 2011 at 4:23 am |
    • hamza

she deserves such comments.she could have had respect if she had taken care of her dignity.this way she is like christian women-any dog can bark after her.she made her choice.once you give up islam you don't enjoy its protection.

April 15, 2011 at 5:41 am |
  19. FG

Muslim here...

First of all, although she is decent but reallyy not the best.. so may beautiful muslim women.. just that they will never run for these paegants.

For my prespective she can do whatever she wants its upto her.. but the muslim minority will always be complaining.,.

she si obviously mature enough to make her own decisions...

Similarly if a muslim women WANTS to wear a BURQA she should eb allowed to do it as long as its ot forced by any one...
    Similar concpet to nuns who cover their heads dont elope dont and are very modest...

Peace to everyone

April 15, 2011 at 3:09 am |
    • Stromgrandersajesupopolis

Agreed, on the burqa. I still haven't heard a legit opinion on why that law in France is necessary, and I hope it never finds its way to America. Yeah I think it's stupid to hide your body and face, but I have no interest in telling people how to live their lives. Maybe police should be given the authority to have someone remove a mask for identification, but France took that crap too far.

April 15, 2011 at 4:16 am |
    • hamza

french are just jerks.

April 15, 2011 at 5:43 am |
  20. Jeff

No worries, she won't win with that hideous make up and those neanderthal eyebrows. It is what it is.

April 15, 2011 at 3:02 am |
    • Rob

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, in this case the judges; and my friend you and I are not one of them.

April 15, 2011 at 3:16 am |
    • Billy Ryan

You are a moron

April 15, 2011 at 4:55 am |
    • hamza

what are you trying to prove?neanderthal is in europe.

April 15, 2011 at 5:26 am |
    • Stephan

Funny how the muslim community is in uproar about the french determining what they can wear or not and then them criticising her in her choice of garmants... It seems everyone wants their views imposed on the rest of us.

April 15, 2011 at 5:51 am |
    • Teh Nam

@Stephan – You're right.
      I'd have fun being a semi-benevolent dictator of teh world.
      Vote for me to be your dictator. I will give u fud! And teh funz!

April 15, 2011 at 6:05 am |
    • Sam

Have you seen some of the winners of these pageants? Most of them don't deserve to be up there anyway

April 15, 2011 at 6:11 am |
    • Bejan

You hit the nail right on the head Jeff. She won't win. Whatever your religious preference it's yours and should not be forced on others. People should have the freedom to choose. Muslim extremists must realized that they will not get brownie points for killing non Muslims. God didn't say you must be a Muslim or Christian or buddy etc. Get over it ………..

April 15, 2011 at 6:13 am |