home
RSS
April 22nd, 2011

Christians mark Good Friday in Jerusalem

Pilgrims gather in Jerusalem on Good Friday to mark the death of Jesus Christ. CNN's Phil Black reports.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Christianity • Easter • Jerusalem

« Previous entry
  1. Tol Trunks

Hello. The Father can not bear to look at sin. That's why Jesus said "My Father, why have you foresaken Me?", when on the cross. It is too late to repent.
    2-3-2012.

April 24, 2011 at 11:27 pm |
  2. Dm

THERE IS A GENOCIDE TAKING PLACE UNDER ANOTHER DEMOCRATIC WATCH!!!!!
    Obama is too busy making believe he is a christian while endorsing election frauds by the UN and Hillary ex…. the Ivory Coast in favor of Allasane Ouattara. Since then only 2-3 weeks ago, that candidate (Allssane Ouattara – another Muslim, not wrong with them, except for this one) has been on a killing spree to eradicate all Christians in that country. The Ivory Coast is the largest Christian nation in Africa (At least it use to be)
    The massacre perpetrated by Allassane Ouattara (http://ivorycoastgenocide.yolasite.com/) Images are graphic. The puppet that Obama try to legitimize through a congratulation speech. ((www.youtube.com/user/whitehouse#p/search/0/GHRA4jqeCaQ)

April 24, 2011 at 8:41 am |
  3. Believer

Why do people need to see things with their own eyes to believe it?

April 23, 2011 at 4:22 pm |
    • Maybe

Believer,

Since you are a Christian, I think it's safe for me to as.sume that you don't believe in Scientology, right? There is as much evidence that their scenario of the universe is correct as there is for yours. Yet you don't believe it. Why?

When you think about why you reject every other supernatural story and god, you will know why we reject yours.

April 23, 2011 at 4:39 pm |
    • Certainly

@Maybe...If believer would believe on things with less or no evidence, there's no reason for us not to believe on things that is backed-up by it.

Your as-sumption is very unsafe and could cause an outbreak of stupidity in science.

April 23, 2011 at 4:56 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Why do you assume that all believers believe the same things you do?

April 23, 2011 at 7:34 pm |
    • EvolvedDNA

Certainly..not sure I understand what you have said.. are you saying that because you do not have to have any evidence for belief that you do not need to believe any evidence you are shown? I know some Christians refuse to acknowledge evidence because it would weaken their beliefs.. evolution is one, it is human nature to not accept what runs counter to our deeply held beliefs, but at some point the evidence becomes overwhelming and makes sense despite the fact you may not want it to. The same is true for atheists such as me..if there was overwhelming evidence in favor of god we would have to accept it,

April 23, 2011 at 11:10 pm |
    • Believer

To Maybe- There are Scientist that believe they have evidence of evolution. But if you believe in that, someone had to make the material that the evolution started with.

April 24, 2011 at 8:33 am |
    • EvolvedDNA

believer...evolution says nothing of abiogenesis ( what started life ) there are many hypotheses on that including "god". Many religions have creation stories, and at this time they are all valid..maybe it started from the sneeze of a giant invisible goat. Until an hypothesis can be tested we need to get evidence and so far there is none.
      you said .. I say to you that my faith in God, is like you having someone that you trust the most tell you a story. You didn't see it, but you believe it because you trust them. I trust in God above any other. And when the 'End' comes that Jesus states in his scriptures, you will wish you would have believed.

You are telling me that i will be "sorry" when i die..based on nothing.. you have "faith" but that is just a way to say you have no reasons to believe just that it is a cultural thing to do..if you were born in the middle east you would not believe in jesus why? because you would have been told not to.

April 24, 2011 at 9:51 am |
  4. Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Why do people like HS get on here, anyway? Just to act put-upon, infuriated, and sanctimonious? What purpose does it serve for you? You have your faith. If it's so great, why do you have a need to frequent these boards? You know you're just going to find atheists, arguments, and disagreement. Why bother? Why not spend your time with your family? With friends who see things the way you do? Does it make you feel better to accuse others of bullying and stealing your handle? What is it you are avoiding by spending your time on earth here on some anonymous board?

April 23, 2011 at 3:38 pm |
    • Believer

Because its our job as christians to turn people on the right path. If you do take the right path you will thank me some day.

April 23, 2011 at 4:18 pm |
    • Peeper's Tom

@Tom, Tom,..First of all, just in case you don't know, this is a belief blog. Hence, believers and faithfuls "to act put-upon, infuriated, and sanctimonious are expected", while "atheists, arguments and disagreement" maybe welcome but definitely unsolicited. Atheists like you are typical bullies and spoiled brats that stealing of other people's handle become your past time. Perhaps, (atheist) your families are too miserable to spent with OR, it was your life so miserable that you need to channel your pain and anguish through stalking and bashing believers and faithfuls making use of your anonimity on this board.

April 23, 2011 at 4:41 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Since I'm not an atheist, dear, your castigation falls flat. Now, answer the question if you can.

April 23, 2011 at 7:31 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Oh, and Adelina? Talk about "stealing other peoples' handles", why do you post under so many different ones?

I haven't used any other moniker on these boards. I accept your apology in advance.

April 23, 2011 at 7:33 pm |
    • EvolvedDNA

believer.. you see it our job as atheists to assist you guys as well...we just know that because it is part of our evolutionary past to help each other. We had to do it before god was invented. I know lets just call each other " fellow human beings",, and you lot forget which god you have chosen, and we will forget we do not believe.... will that work to get along.. we will then be the same.

April 24, 2011 at 12:28 am |
    • EvolvedDNA

Peepers tom.. why do you assume atheists are miserable..I am very happy, and have a great life and a very kind person, I have many religious friends...sorry to say that your god is not required for happiness or a good life. It has more to do with religious indoctrination at childhood, when questioning authority figures is taboo..so growing up in that environment is what drives belief.

April 24, 2011 at 11:36 am |
  5. love316

I just want to share to all of you "Dance Your Shoes Off" in You Tube. A great way to celebrate the Resurrection for those who believe. Listen to the lyrics of the song and be blessed.

April 23, 2011 at 1:41 pm |
  6. False Reality

"Wow the hatred being spewed on this board by non Christians is insane. Can't say I am surprised. It is interesting watching these 'tolerant' people slowly slide down the slippery slope of hate and intolerance."

The intolerance of some non-theists is not relevant to their beliefs (or non-belief in this case) any more than the intolerance of some theists is relevant to the beliefs of ALL theists. In short, being a jerk isn't relegated simply to theists or non-theists.

April 23, 2011 at 11:54 am |
    • HeavenSent

You back cowardly folks that steal others' handles and spew their nonsense babble to ignite arguments.

Amen.

April 23, 2011 at 12:52 pm |
    • True Lies

Yeah just like this (Atheist) JERK using (HS's) other person's moniker to cowardly push his political agenda. How desperate!

April 23, 2011 at 1:23 pm |
  7. SadieSadie

April 23, 2011 at 9:23 am |
  8. Reality

Hmmm, tis holy Saturday. Tis not this the day, the simple, preacher man spent in Hell?

Time for an update:

The Apostles' Creed 2011: (updated by yours truly and based on the studies of historians and theologians during the past 200 years)

I might believe in a god whose existence cannot be proven
    and said god if he/she/it exists resides in an unproven,
    human-created, spirit state of bliss called heaven.

I believe there was a 1st century CE, Jewish, simple,
    preacher-man who was conceived by a Jewish carpenter
    named Joseph living in Nazareth and born of a young Jewish
    girl named Mary. (Some say he was a mamzer.)

Jesus was summarily crucified for being a temple rabble-rouser by
    the Roman troops in Jerusalem serving under Pontius Pilate,

He was buried in an unmarked grave and still lies
    a-mouldering in the ground somewhere outside of
    Jerusalem.

Said Jesus' story was embellished and "mythicized" by
    many semi-fiction writers. A descent into Hell, a bodily resurrection
    and ascension stories were promulgated to compete with the
    Caesar myths. Said stories were so popular that they
    grew into a religion known today as Catholicism/Christianity
    and featuring dark-age, daily wine to blood and bread to body rituals
    called the eucharistic sacrifice of the non-atoning Jesus.

Amen

April 23, 2011 at 7:39 am |
    • HeavenSent

I bet Reality is the first one that bolts to the table to get his fill without thanking the Lord for all He's done for him.

Amen.

April 23, 2011 at 1:04 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Projecting again, HS? Why aren't you helping out in the local soup kitchen instead of feasting?

April 23, 2011 at 3:34 pm |
    • Believer

You need to be educated. Its called faith.

April 23, 2011 at 4:12 pm |
    • Believer

If you knew the end of the world was coming tommorrow you would be the first one begging for forgiveness.

April 23, 2011 at 4:14 pm |
    • EvolvedDNA

Heavensent.. you may need to have a supernatural slave to feed you, but the rest of humanity works to feed each other. So those that are starving should also thank god for the food they don't have then? Also, on that subject, if your god can do anything, why did he " make us" with the need to eat? if he did he could have eliminated hunger..and the countless appalling deaths caused by starvation each year?

April 23, 2011 at 8:44 pm |
    • EvolvedDNA

Believer..faith is just a way to ignore reality and dispute the natural world with out having to offer any proof of your assertions.... if you have faith that your lottery ticket is a winner would you spend the money before you knew? I expect you would not. would you have faith ( trust) that god would save you if your life was in immediate danger? lets say you were going to get on an aircraft in which you knew the pilots were going to bail out, and leave you to pray to god to save you..I think that you would know the outcome of that flight. Faith only works if you do not need it to.

April 23, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
    • Believer

To Evolved- Yes I would go. Because if I did die I know there would be a chance I could live with God in Paradise.

April 24, 2011 at 8:24 am |
    • EvolvedDNA

believer.. just a chance.. not certain then..are you an agnostic?

April 24, 2011 at 9:33 am |
  9. Mark from Middle River

"You are the threat, not the solution. Get a clue."

Lastly... if I am a threat to you by speaking of peace ....then, that is the nicest thing anyone has said to me here and I will sleep soundly tonight.

Peace kid..

April 23, 2011 at 2:23 am |
    • Fist of Reason

You seek to appease those who would kill in the name of their god.
      That's what makes you part of the problem.
      Just being in the middle does not automatically make you correct or intelligent. There are bigger threats than peace. I would prefer peace, but I am a realist. Unlike you, who are an "unrealist".
      Street smarts come at a price that you have not yet paid, I guess.
      Maybe when you're older you'll see what it's like to view all possibilities, but I doubt it. You seem pretty set in your ways.

April 23, 2011 at 2:37 am |
    • Fist of Reason

Peace is for sleeping. Enjoy it while you can.

April 23, 2011 at 2:47 am |
    • False Reality

"If being in the middle and being able to live in coexistence makes me a threat .... First, you have aligned yourself with some pretty nasty folks in history. Only those who want people at each others throats would consider a call for tolerance and coexistence a threat."

I agree with this Mark, although I disagree with your stance on theism keeping the discourse civil, logical and respectful is the only way to have a proper discussion about the subject. See? Theists and Non-Theists CAN agree on something.

April 23, 2011 at 11:56 am |
    • RoundHouseKick of tREASON

@Fist..it's deemed so lucky for people like you living a life that is extremely miserable to have peace even in your sleep.

April 23, 2011 at 1:28 pm |
  10. Mark from Middle River

Here you go Fist of Reason....

Montgomery Gentry – Some People Change

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iSf8wxEttk&w=640&h=360]

April 23, 2011 at 2:04 am |
    • Fist of Reason

If you have words to use, then why not use them?
      You are more like Muneef than you know, or Iqbal khan with your video.
      I do not watch unsolicited videos. If you have something to say, please make an effort to use actual words. Whatever that video is about, I could put my own interpretation on it that may not coincide with your intentions.
      Try speaking in words. Videos are like flailing your hands around.
      I don't do sign language. I prefer written words.

April 23, 2011 at 2:16 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

"I prefer written words"

Here yah go dude or dudette 🙂

nighty night...

Lyrics to Some People Change.

His old man was a rebel yeller:
      Bad boy to the bone.
      He'd say: "Can't trust that other fella,"
      He'd judge 'em by the tone of their skin.
      He was raised to think like his Dad:
      Narrow mind full of hate.
      On the road to no-where fast,
      Till the Grace of God got in the way.
      Then he saw the Light an' hit his knees an' cried an' said a prayer:
      Rose up a brand new man; left the old one right there.

Here's to the strong; thanks to the brave.
      Don't give up hope: some people change.
      Against all odds, against the grain,
      Love finds a way: some people change.

She was born with her mother's habit:
      You could say: "It's in her blood."
      She hates that she's gotta have it:
      As she fills her glass up.
      An she'd love to kill that bottle,
      But all she can think about,
      Is a, a better life, a second chance,
      An' everyone she's letting down.
      She throws that bottle down.

Here's to the strong; thanks to the brave.
      Don't give up hope: some people change.
      Against all odds, against the grain,
      Love finds a way: some people change.

Let them be the Light.

(Let them be the light)
      (Some people change.)
      Here's to the strong; thanks to the brave.
      Don't give up hope: some people change.
      Against all odds, against the grain,
      Love finds a way: some people change.
      Some people change.

April 23, 2011 at 2:26 am |
    • Fist of Reason

Re: lyrics
      One thing I learned growing up was to NOT live a song or the lyrics.
      And I see that the lyrics are rather silly as well. Was your point to be silly? Then you can sleep knowing you have fulfilled your function.

April 23, 2011 at 2:45 am |
  11. Mark from Middle River

*"How can we work towards coexistence when religion is all about intolerance for anything outside the religion? Your bible says to kill unbelievers, just like the Koran. It even says that your god will lie to people.

.... you are commanded as Christians to kill and do anything it takes to fight against "evil"
    If you can't see the intolerance built into your religion, how can we coexist?

....Coexistence, huh. What a naive person you are."*

Hi Fist. So many targets in your post. Before I head off to finish my homework, and since you "set'um" up I guess I can knock them down.

I guess my way of looking at such is that the Bible is a tool for good and kindness. It can also be used for hate and intolerance. I hate to tell you this but just like Terry Jones and countless ones before....you are regurgitating poop. When I was young my father, a southern raised African American told me that all whites want to do is lynch and return all blacks to slavery. I was told that whites spent their nights plotting on how to kill us. The problem was that I had white friends and still do. I met their families and had many sleepovers and parties. Who knows, maybe they had their klan robes deep deep in the closet.

What I came to discover is that hateful people will do anything and everything to drag others into their way of thinking. Look at yourself Fist, you are trying to tell me what should define me as a Christian. That's like my father always passing me their "gotcha" quotes/questions that I was to put to my white friends so that they would give up and admit that they wanted to lynch me and my family. You are as silly as he was, as the Taliban, Nazis and pretty much any hate group is.

I am getting to be like Reality now... time to put your "ears" on Fist. CHRISTIANS ARE NOT MONOLITHIC!!!

Just like Whites are NOT MONOLITHIC !! Just like Blacks are NOT MONOLITHIC !!

We do not all march to the same drum you moron. If we did march to the same drum then there would be a single denomination of Christianity. Take LGBT. Some would say that Christians hate LGBT. Well, like I have mentioned before.... there are LGBT churches around. There are gay and lesbian miniters and bishops. So the arguement saying that "all Christians hate LGBT" falls apart at the doorsteps of the LGBT Christian church. There is a great one in NYC, if you are interested.

So, Fist, just as I say to the Terry Jones's on our side..... why don't you folks on the extreme just leave us in the middle alone. We grow tired of you.

April 23, 2011 at 1:46 am |
    • petra

I'm not speaking for "Fist", but aren't you being a little too intolerant there? And who put you in charge to speak for "us in the middle"?
      I certainly didn't vote for you. You say "our" and "us" when it's only you.
      You say these things are "not monolithic" yet you use the "monolithic" terms to describe them. "Whites" "Blacks" "Christians" You use these words like they have actual meaning. You can't even define what a "black" person is or a "white" one or even "Christian" without falling afoul of your own "not monolithic" rant.
      You are label-crazy. That's what you are. Another label for you to go crazy over. Enjoy.

April 23, 2011 at 1:56 am |
    • supremeamerican

Petra, your losing the argument severely. I think you should know that.

April 23, 2011 at 2:00 am |
    • supremeamerican

I've seen 2 types of people on these comment boards tonight. Atheists. and Christians. I have not seen a single Christian partake in hate speech on these boards tonight. I have yet to see an atheist that DIDN'T show intolerance and bigotry. The Christians on these boards seem to be very educated in comparison to the atheists.

April 23, 2011 at 2:03 am |
    • Fist of Reason

So you deny there is intolerance built into your religion or not?
      And if you follow the intolerant religion, who can stop you from being intolerant when your whole world is colored by your beliefs?
      Your intolerant beliefs?
      If the shoe fits, wear it. Religion is religion and not a reasonable effort to determine facts.
      How can you say any religious believer is rational or reasonable or even sane? There is nothing to rely upon in the beliefs you follow, for they are not truthful, relevant, or honest nor do they promote honest thinking.
      Sure, they can be helpful as a panacea in times of stress for the ignorant, but that gives no credibility or truthfulness to the religion.
      I never said you all march to the same drum. But if someone can convince you that their beat is the will of your god, then, yes, you will all march to that beat – at least those who believe in the drumbeat.
      Individuals are not a group, yes. And a group is made up of individuals, yes.
      But you are identifying with a group and not as an individual as you respond to my post. You seek to project a group-identlty and seek to speak for others, yet a group of "non-monolithic" individuals is by definition not a group any one person can speak for.
      I am speaking against all religions. Every believer is irrational, unreasonable, and illogical where their "faith" is concerned.
      That some do more and some less is not the issue. You are holding onto a schizoid mental state and cannot be trusted for this reason.
      You are the threat, not the solution. Get a clue.

April 23, 2011 at 2:10 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

Petra, wow. If its not what you feel then ok but I do believe that it is a middle and then the extremes pulling at each of us to join a side. Some are saying "come with us", the rest are saying "go with them".

If you do not see that fact then oh well, I do not know your post. You might be on the extremes and maybe you are in the middle but you have to admit Petra, that for some they only see a future of yelling and screaming at one another. They see conflict from sunrise of life to sunset of life. Is there another way? Atheist come in here and scream and rant at those of Faith, those of Faith do the same. Each side goes to bed each night believing that their arguments are causing sleepless nights of doubt on the other side. When they login here, they are shocked that the other sides are still there making the same argument...they are shocked that the other side does not admit that they were defeated easily two, three Fifine post ago. "Why are they still fighting on"....

If that is how you wish to go on through life, one endless war trying to defeat the other side you are welcome to it. There is more to life than trying to convince another that they are wrong.

April 23, 2011 at 2:18 am |
  12. supremeamerican

Happy Easter Christians. God bless you all.

April 23, 2011 at 1:27 am |
    • supremeamerican

And Happy Easter to everyone else.

April 23, 2011 at 1:28 am |
    • Steve (the real one)

Happy Resurrection Sunday to you as well! Thanks for the kind thoughts!

April 23, 2011 at 5:46 pm |
  13. theoldadam

Yes...they are fools.

April 23, 2011 at 1:24 am |
    • supremeamerican

April 23, 2011 at 1:26 am |
    • petra

supremeamerican, you are no American. I'm guessing you're Adelina.
      You are obviously in withdrawal. Go get some more "meds".

April 23, 2011 at 1:31 am |
    • False Reality

"It is infuriating. The atheists walk around 'holier than thou' like spoiled children. No wonder this country is going down the toilet. They don't know the first thing about intolerance or oppression."

Have you bought a hat to put on the straw man you keep building?

April 23, 2011 at 11:50 am |
    • arMpet

@petra..you better fully unstrapped that straight jacket from your arms so that you can type comfortably. Your comments reflects your discomfort.

April 23, 2011 at 12:52 pm |
    • HeavenSent

petra keeps mentioning meds. It always amazes me what's on the anti-socials minds as their doctors prescribe something for them instead of having the will power to grow up and shed that bad behaviors.

Amen.

April 23, 2011 at 2:06 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

HS, you should get on antipsychotics immediately.

April 23, 2011 at 3:32 pm |
    • EvolvedDNA

supremeamerican..i think that rather than just throw out " holier than thou" and spoiled children" statements.. why not add some substance to your post.. like perhaps evidence of your god, thats what we have asked for but no one has been able to supply so far.

April 23, 2011 at 8:32 pm |
  14. supremeamerican

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn77XrFBRfo&w=640&h=390]

April 23, 2011 at 1:18 am |
    • supremeamerican

After watching this video. I have come to the conclusion that you atheists claiming christians are intollerant, and atheists are oppressed. SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. YOU IGNORANT FOOLS GET AN EDUCATION ABOUT THE WORLD YOU LIVE IN. YOU ARE COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS.

April 23, 2011 at 1:19 am |
    • supremeamerican

Christians are the kindest and most tolerant people i have ever met. And no Fred Phelps or liberal fool can change that. It's a fact. How DARE you say christians are intollerant because of one lunatic on TV. How DARE you say christians are oppressing the atheists. Your mothers should be ashamed. They raised ignorant uneducated fools.

April 23, 2011 at 1:23 am |
    • petra

YOU should be ashamed for lying your face off!
      Christians are only slightly better than Muslims when it comes to being intolerant of other beliefs.
      And Jews aren't much better because they've got severe racism built into their religion. Racism is in Christianity as well.
      Next I suppose you'll be saying we need slavery to help the economy going.
      Isn't that what all you Republicans are really shooting for?
      Wouldn't it be great to have your own personal slaves? You could finally get some se-x! Wow!

April 23, 2011 at 1:28 am |
    • supremeamerican

Petra more proof of your ignorance. WOW! I'm neither a Republican NOR A CHRISTIAN. I've been reading the comment boards lately and i must say, it's really opened my eyes to the ignorance of you and all the childish uneducated atheists full of ignorance and bitterness in these chat boards. You should be ASHAMED OF YOURSELF.

April 23, 2011 at 1:35 am |
    • supremeamerican

You need to grow up.

April 23, 2011 at 1:36 am |
    • petra

Only a child feels the need to tell others to "grow up".
      I'm serious about those meds. You should get them ASAP.

April 23, 2011 at 1:44 am |
    • HeavenSent

supremeamerican, don't let petra and the other anti-social (cough) non-believers ruffle your feathers with their BAD behaviors they hold near and dear. That's all they have. Their self. Everyone else that is in contact with them personally has already kicked them to the curb.

Amen.

April 23, 2011 at 2:03 pm |
    • EvolvedDNA

supremeameriican.. To claim you are totally tolerant would be a lie. Atheists do not claim to be oppressed.. where do you get that idea? We see oppression of one religion on another.. gay people are oppressed and victimized due to beliefs you are unable to prove. You would also have a severe issue with Muslims telling you that your prophet is not the true one.. neither have any proof but that is besides the point right? You are a human being..evolved from matter from the universe, and if you treated every one that way with out the religious labels you attach the world would be a better place. no amount of upper case ranting will change that. Violence against anyone is wrong.. whether it is religion inspired or not.

April 23, 2011 at 8:23 pm |
    • Dm

THERE IS A GENOCIDE TAKING PLACE UNDER ANOTHER DEMOCRATIC WATCH!!!!!
      Amazingly, it is a REPUBLICAN Senator, Inhofe of Oklahama, who has decided to bring this GRAVE injustice to light; unfortunately, he is in the minority and Obama thinks it is in the US best interest to hope it goes away. Believe me, it won’t. Too many lives have been destroyed, too many innocent have been killed; too many no longer believe in this so called International Community who are willing to kill democracy, and back the slaughter of thousands to promote their own selfish interests.

April 24, 2011 at 9:04 am |
  15. Artist

Mass of delusional ignorance lol

April 22, 2011 at 5:55 pm |
    • Mark from Middle River

Didn't you post a while back about folks on the right not being tolerant of others? You might not be a person of Faith but part of working in this society is to have tolerance of those that believe deferently than yourself and work towards coexisitance. Post like yours just mean to excite hatred.

Are you and Terry Jones cousins?

April 22, 2011 at 7:14 pm |
    • Fist of Reason

@Mark
      Lies and murder are supposed to be the province of your "Satan", yet you are commanded as Christians to kill and do anything it takes to fight against "evil", yet you use the same tactics as what you say is "Satan".
      If you can't see the intolerance built into your religion, how can we coexist? All it takes is for one person to interpret your scriptures in a murderous way and no coexistence is possible.
      Better start killing those Muslims first, as they are more militant and violent than non-believers.
      Coexistence, huh. What a naive person you are. Better get some street smarts goin before they have you talking more nonsense.

April 22, 2011 at 11:33 pm |
    • HeavenSent

You non-believers wished we were delusional and ignorant. Instead, we see right through your anti-social behavior.

Enjoy stuffing your face tomorrow without thanking the Lord for giving you life, good family/friends and the food abundant for all to enjoy.

Christians will thank Him for you.

Amen.

April 23, 2011 at 1:01 pm |
    • RoundHouseKick of tReason

@fist...Read the Ten Commandments that you may realize that all you've said was nothing but drivel. You better quit humiliating yourself by advertising your ignorance through this board. You're such a waste of space!

April 23, 2011 at 1:12 pm |
    • Lycidas

@Artist- yeah..the idea of a person saving the world from horrors and sin is such a crazy idea. I mean, who would ever want that?

April 25, 2011 at 2:39 pm |
  16. Mark from Middle River

Good grief, The one traditional Faith writer that the Belief Blog has must have gotten free from being tied up in Stephen Parthello's office closet.

April 22, 2011 at 5:44 pm |
    • Desa

Why all this negativity regarding Jesus Christ? He gave his life to save us from sin and hell. What better example of love, compassion, and tolerance is that?

April 23, 2011 at 11:12 pm |