home
RSS
April 28th, 2011

Underground Christians fear China crackdown

By Jo Ling Kent, CNN

Beijing, China (CNN) - This calm denim-clad 28-year-old identifies herself only as Water, based on the Chinese characters that make up her first name. She has been deemed an enemy of the state, an unlikely label for a petite and well-educated woman who eschews violence and confrontation.

Here in China, Water is living her life in fear, under the close watch of the Chinese government for practicing Christianity at Beijing's underground Shouwang Church. She requested her Chinese name not be published for safety reasons.

Read the full story
- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: China • Christianity

1. Alen

Hahahaha, this is hliraious "If you thought you couldn't take the kids into a gay dance club on Easter morning, you were WRONG." I guess I was wrong! Too funny. Hope you have a great weekend, no matter if you decide to talk Old English or scramble up your eggs 🙂

March 2, 2012 at 4:21 am |
  2. PRISM 1234

Jesus said:
    Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake,
    For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

“Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you......

A servant is not greater then his master. If they hated Him, they will hate His servants...
    The people that are lost and in the bondage to satan do not know why they hate Christ and His people, even if they were not wronged you them. They just do, because they are spiritually driven.
    So, even if those who belong to Jesus Christ don't do anything wrong, in places where satan has his dominion, they will be hated and persecuted. But the days are comming when the hatred will be universal, fueled by demonic powers and the one who will be given the power over the earth to rule for a certain season. . There is another holocaust comming , and it's preparations are being evident, and in the making already. But this time will be both Jews and Christians who are persecuted, as satan's fury reaches it's culmination. And, according to the Scriptures, there will be no early exit for God's people, as so many are falsely told to believe....We have not seen anything what we will see in comming times ahead....
    But those who fix the eyes of their hearts on our Lord Jesus Christ will be made to stand, by the power of their testimony and by the Blood of the Lamb.
    May GO d strengthen those Chinese people who are experiencing persecutions!
    Here is a website, for those who may want to know more about our brothers and sisters suffering for the Name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and savior.
    thevoice@vom-usa.org

April 30, 2011 at 3:39 pm |
  3. Reality

There never was and never will be physical resurrections i.e. no Easter, no Christianity to include China, no sainthood for JPII and an end to the ranting of HeavenSent and his fellow red-neck Christians. Priceless!!!!

April 29, 2011 at 6:18 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Reality invest in Home Depot and buy some rope.
      Amen.

April 29, 2011 at 6:20 pm |
  4. HotAirAce

While I am an atheist, I'm a huge supporter of Freedem of/from Relgion and Freedom of Speech and Thought. The Chinese government should have enough confidence in their culture and the intelligence of their citizens to know that all religions are bullsh!t and will eventually be rejected.

April 29, 2011 at 12:49 pm |
    • Terry T

Whenever a country cracks down with extreme force upon its own people, I usually shake my head at such insanity.
      If they hate these people so much, why the hell don't they just expel them from the country?
      Isn't that what they are doing when they murder these people?
      Why don't they just show them the door instead of wasting money on them in prison? They are oppressing people who might well be considered normal-type citizens in a different country. Why not send them there?
      Purges are at least somewhat humane. Imprisonment and murder are not.

April 29, 2011 at 2:16 pm |
  5. HeavenSent

Ed you are answering to Satan being a Catholic and you will burn for eternity. Your are dead man walking.
    Amen.

April 28, 2011 at 4:56 pm |
    • Ed

You're a waste of my time

April 28, 2011 at 5:01 pm |
    • HeavenSent

As a Catholic you are a waste of god's time. There is still time Ed to change your ways.
      Amen.

April 28, 2011 at 5:04 pm |
    • Tom Piper'Sr.

Is my son here? I can smell his dead rat breath.

April 29, 2011 at 12:49 pm |
  6. HeavenSent

also Ed I will be logging on from time to time to see what Tom aka fake heavensent is saying.
    Amen

April 28, 2011 at 4:41 pm |
  7. ChasL

here’s the real story, from Global Times:

Police on Sunday took away Christians who were worshiping outdoors in Beijing’s Zhongguancun area, an act that lawyers and experts said violated Chinese laws and regulations by creating public disorder.

Members of the unregistered Beijing Shouwang house church gathered at a venue in the city’s high-tech business zone, Reuters reported, after being told by a restaurant landlord they could no longer use that venue to hold services.

April 28, 2011 at 1:31 pm |
  8. GSA

Same situation is occuring in other countries to other religions and most ppl on this blog say that ppl should conform to the rules of the country or, if possible, get out and practice in a country that allows it. I personally believe the gov't is wrong and the Christians should be able to practice freely and openly but it's their country their rules. Funny how most Christian bloggers here have 2 totally opposite opinions in very similar cases.

April 28, 2011 at 1:22 pm |
    • HeavenSent

The ones that perish were surely not walking right with God.
      Amen..

April 28, 2011 at 1:54 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Phony heavensent. Get lost. Go play some where else.

Amen.

April 28, 2011 at 2:09 pm |
    • Ed

@HeavenSent That's riduculous if they stand up to the presecutors and perish they're not right with God. Are you nuts? Christ stood up to the presecutors and perished was he not right with God? How dear you? You have no right under law, under man and certainly not under God to tell someone else to risk their life for your belief and then if they die declare them not right with God. GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN!

April 28, 2011 at 2:11 pm |
    • Ed

that was intended for whichever HeavenSent made the comment "The ones that perish were surely not walking right with God." not the other HeavenSent just the ones thats obviously lying about were they are from

April 28, 2011 at 2:13 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Ed, that was the non-believing heathen heavensent that steals my handle to post his nonsense.

Amen.

April 28, 2011 at 2:15 pm |
    • Ed

which ever I usaully find one of obnoxiously self rightous and hateful in your post the other irreverent and smart-a$$. I sometimes can not tell the difference. So my commnet stands for whichever HeavenSent said 'those that die are not right with God.' that person is an inconsiderate fool

April 28, 2011 at 2:22 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Ed, you were writing to the phony heavensent. I never tell anyone to go anywhere. I tell them that they do it to themselves. Phony heavensent doesn't want to take responsibility for his bad behavior. He wants to blame it on his ancestors who he believes were apes, hence, not responsible for his thoughts/beliefs, writings, actions, after all, he's an animal.

Amen.

April 28, 2011 at 2:48 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Ed

First the fake HeavenSent assumes I am a he. Second, the truth is what it is and the heathens, sinners and backsliders need to be called out. I have God on my side and tell it how it is. Those that refuse to listen will be burn for eternity and blotted out.
      Amen.

April 28, 2011 at 2:53 pm |
    • Ed

Niether of you HeavenSents had te right to tell anyont they shjould risk their lives for their belief or yours. Neither of you have the right to tell anyone wether or not they are right with God. Neither of you have the right to suggest that someone who puts their life on the line for God and dies is not right for God. I can't whish of you is which most of the time and really I don't care. You can beleive what you ike thats between you and God but telling someone risking their life for God they aren't right with God is for lack os a better term for it evil. It is was intended as a joke I apologoze for my outburst if not the entire comment stand to whoever said it.

April 28, 2011 at 3:00 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Ed you clearly are upset because the Truth is hard to face sometimes. You clearly are living in sin being a Catholic and you are a backslider. You are no different than the Atheists and will be going to the same place to burn for eternity. There is still time to make things right with Jesus.
      Amen.

April 28, 2011 at 4:23 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Ed, don't worry about it. The real HeavenSent is logging off. I'm helping friends move this weekend.

Amen.

April 28, 2011 at 4:39 pm |
    • Ed

To which ever HeavenSent said I was going to he-ll tttthhhhpppptttt fortunately for me I answer to God not you.

April 28, 2011 at 4:53 pm |
  9. HeavenSent

God be with our brothers and sisters in Christ as they endure intolerance from those that don't have eyes to see nor ears to hear His truth.

Amen.

April 28, 2011 at 1:17 pm |
  10. ChasL

Good lord how ridiculous can China FUD be? Right "enemy of the state" that's under constant watch can meet foreign reporter in public and not get swooped up?

Give me a break, please read the local reporting about what really happened. The restaurant that Shouwang Church used to hold sunday services in no longer want them there, and church members made a scene outside.

The police stepped in because they caused public disturbance, forcrissake.

April 28, 2011 at 12:56 pm |
  11. Artist

I am torn I dislike communism very much as well as mythical people. Hmmm perhaps they will destroy each other?

April 28, 2011 at 12:13 pm |
    • Ed

and leave you nothing to complain about. we promise artist will stick around just for you.

April 28, 2011 at 12:20 pm |
    • Artist

Ed, lol thanks

April 28, 2011 at 12:23 pm |
    • wipeOut

Kill all the Atheist inside the foxhole!

April 29, 2011 at 12:40 pm |
  12. fdfd

remove the underground society

April 28, 2011 at 12:02 pm |
    • Steve (the real one)

Why, because you disagree? I am sure folks disgree with you. Are you all good with being "removed" as well?

April 28, 2011 at 12:06 pm |
    • wipeOut

Remove all the Atheist from the foxhole and smash their head and fry their bird brains.

April 29, 2011 at 12:43 pm |
    • Steve (the real one)

wipeOut
      -----
      This is just as degusting as what fdfd wrote!

April 29, 2011 at 2:48 pm |
    • wipeOut

@steve..I can be nastier, you bet.

April 29, 2011 at 3:03 pm |
    • Steve (the real one)

wipeOut
      @steve..I can be nastier, you bet.
      -----
      I'm not betting against that. Yet oddly, you seem proud you have that skill. What is the point of being nasty at all?

April 29, 2011 at 3:10 pm |
    • wipeOut

To show that Atheists don't dominate in that category.

April 30, 2011 at 1:18 pm |
    • Steve (the real one)

wipeOut
      To show that Atheists don't dominate in that category
      -----–
      Hate is hate, no matter the point of origin!

April 30, 2011 at 1:22 pm |
    • wipeOut

@Steve..Just giving them a dose of their own medicine.

May 1, 2011 at 2:19 am |
  13. Doc Vestibule

I wonder how long it'll take for Christians to conflate atheism with communism on this thread and when the topic of Hitler's faith will arise.
    Not long, I'd guess...

CW and Steve – for once, I agree with both of you (hmmm... maybe Satan is having a snowball fight right now). Persecution for any reason is abhorrent, even if rampant throughout all of humanity.
    Any type of religionist can expect some degree of persecution – though usually from members of another religion.

April 28, 2011 at 11:40 am |
    • Steve (the real one)

Hello Doc,
      We disagree about faith. That does not mean there is no agreement in other areas.

April 28, 2011 at 11:48 am |
    • Floyd

Here you go, if you are prompting then: Hitler was born a Catholic, but left religion behind and his faith altogether. That is likely where things went wrong for him. He became a messed up psycotic dirt bag.
      Communism and Athiesm are not conflated but both separately are stifling basic human freedoms.

April 29, 2011 at 3:13 pm |
    • EvolvedDNA

Floyd.. explain then how an atheist stifles your freedom? look at the religions around the world that do that to others.. your biggest threat of freedom comes from other religions. As an atheist i do not believe in god thats all...Would you say, for example, that your religion, what ever it is, has not tried to stifle the rights of gay people..? (aren't they human and have the same rights as you?) just because you think it is the right thing to do" as driven your belief in a supernatural being.

May 2, 2011 at 2:09 am |
  14. CW

Our Lord said that Christian's would be pe-rsecuted for our beliefs. I pray that these brave people continue in their journey with God even if it means giving their lives.

April 28, 2011 at 11:25 am |
    • Steve (the real one)

Amen. This is more common than what people think. North Korea, The Middle East, Afghanistan, the list goes on and on!

April 28, 2011 at 11:30 am |
    • Artist

CW, lets hope many do in the process. Sad that the Romans didnt do a better job.

April 28, 2011 at 12:14 pm |
    • Ed

Hopefully no lives will be lost. I hopemthey find the strength to carry on but I won't suggests risking their lifes. I am to far removed for the stance to be fair.

April 28, 2011 at 12:19 pm |
    • Steve (the real one)

Artist
      -----
      I wasn't going to respond but after your post, you still call Christians ignorant? You want people you don't know and who have done nothing to you to die just because you disagree with their faith? And yet you are one of the self-proclaimed tolerant? Really?

April 28, 2011 at 12:23 pm |
    • Artist

Steve (the real one)

Artist
      -–
      -----------
      There are degrees of tolerance. I find dead people are easier to tolerate, they are more quiet.

April 28, 2011 at 12:25 pm |
    • Ed

@Artist, I have to agree with steve its not really tolerant to wish someones death just because you disagre with there beliefs

April 28, 2011 at 12:29 pm |
    • Steve (the real one)

Artist,
      -------
      Artist, I am trying to find the words to respond. Currently I have none. Your sense of humor is certaining unique!

April 28, 2011 at 12:34 pm |
    • Ed

Angain I feel required to agree with steve

April 28, 2011 at 12:39 pm |
    • Artist

Steve (the real one)

Artist,
      ---
      -----------
      I find I am less tolerant in the mornings. Catch me in the afternoon and I will be in a better mood.

April 28, 2011 at 12:45 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Artist. How ironic. The spiritually dead speaking about physical death and tolerance all in one thought process.

I'm getting old, but that's priceless.

Amen.

April 28, 2011 at 2:13 pm |
    • CW

@ Artist,

All I can say is this. 'Forgive this person they know not what they do".

April 28, 2011 at 2:32 pm |
    • Nonimus

@Artist,
      No matter how misguided, if they harm no one, how can you wish for anyone's death? That's almost as bad as Christians wishing eternal torment on atheists or praying for the "end times."

April 28, 2011 at 3:02 pm |
    • Floyd

@Nonimus – that is NOT what Christians hope for at all. That is such a wrong statement. They hope for the opposite, which is why they care. They promote their faith because they care about their fellow man and don’t want eternal hell for them at all. That is the difference. One wants to help, the other wants to eliminate.
      Artist is not an artist….just an angry, misguided bigot. Get help, either emotionally, mentally or spiritually. Any kind of help at all. Just get help. You are not nice.

April 29, 2011 at 3:05 pm |
    • Keith

Artist, Sound like you would support an "ethic cleansing" of Christians. My question is this: do you have the balls to do this yourself or will you be a candy-ass and send someone else? Be advised, we won't all go quietly like lambs to the slaughter.

April 30, 2011 at 7:08 pm |