home
RSS
Peruvian president calls bin Laden killing miracle from Pope John Paul II
Peruvian President Alan Garcia in Colombia in March 2011
May 2nd, 2011

Peruvian president calls bin Laden killing miracle from Pope John Paul II

(CNN) - While many world leaders praised the U.S. killing of Osama bin Laden, the president of Peru went a step further on Monday, calling the development the first miracle of Pope John Paul II since he was beatified last weekend.

“I have said that his first miracle has been to remove from the Earth this demonic incarnation of crime, evil and hatred,” Peruvian president Alan Garcia said, according to CNN affiliate America TV in Peru.

“And I think that’s great news that should please Mr. Obama,” Garcia went on, referring to the U.S. president. “In some way, it also vindicates (former) President George W. Bush who made the decision to punish bin Laden and to patiently continue this work that is finally bearing fruit.”

Pope John Paul II, who died in April 2005, was beatified in Rome on Sunday, hours before Obama announced that bin Laden had been killed in Pakistan by U.S. Special Forces.

Beatification is the last step before sainthood and requires someone to have performed one miracle after his or her death. Sainthood requires the church to confirm a second miracle.

- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: Americas • Catholic Church • Osama bin Laden • Peru • Pope John Paul II

1. lipservice

lol, how quaint. It'd be funny if it were true though. PJP2: "Hmm, I'm half way there, let me give the gift of OBL in his brick fuhrer-compound to JSOC on a silver platter". **ZAP! OBL's head asplodes** Happiness ensues; cats dance with dogs, The 2 Korea's throw a joint BBQ & Bluegrass fest, Bankers & Oil speculators get honest, Iran turns gay, it becomes possible to divide by zero, rubix cubes solve themselves, etc...

May 3, 2011 at 1:01 am |
    • Peace2All

@lipservice

LOL ...!!!

Peace...

May 3, 2011 at 1:44 am |
    • Bucky Ball

@lipservice
      First of all, the magic word is not "zap", it's "abra-ca-da-bra".
      I enjoyed very much your proposals for act three and four etc, but lets not forget that the second act proposed in this article, follows the one where one French nun was supposedly cured of Parkinson's, (and is now rumored to be relapsed), and where millions of others with the same neurological problem were deemed to be unworthy of notice.

@Peace2All,
      re: above :
      Thanks for noticing. 🙂

May 3, 2011 at 6:00 am |
    • Peace2All

@Bucky Ball

No problem...

Peace...

May 4, 2011 at 1:34 am |
  2. Reality

Ending most religions as we currently know them in less than 100 words:

Saving 1.5 billion lost Muslims:
    There never was and never will be any angels i.e. no Gabriel, no Islam and therefore no more koranic-driven acts of horror and terror

Saving 2 billion lost Christians:
    There was and never will be any bodily resurrections i.e. No Easter, no Christianity and no miracles.

Saving 15.5 million Orthodox followers of Judaism:
    Abraham and Moses never existed.

Added details upon request.

May 2, 2011 at 11:47 pm |
    • Rogue

@Reality – Get rid of the "pretty wingy thingies" line and you'll get better responses. It really does distract people into thinking you're mentally retarded to have those words used all together at once like that.
      It catches my eye and I always have the same reaction: It makes you sound like a crazy nut with nothing worthwhile to say. Fortunately I know you better than that, but what about someone who reads it for the first time?
      And yes I know that's the translation "thingie" you've got but it really catches the eye as being wild-eyed crazy sounding stuff.
      Sorry, I was just bored and thought to toss that out there. How's your little swimmers doin'? Are they all lined up in a row? hahahahahahaha...

May 3, 2011 at 12:45 am |
    • Reality

Noun: thingy aka thingie

.Something unspecified whose name is either forgotten or not known
      "she eased the ball-shaped thingy back into its socket";

May 3, 2011 at 7:31 am |
    • I'm saved

This is the word of the prophet

May 3, 2011 at 2:08 pm |
    • Rogue

Well, so much for my brief foray into literary criticism...!

May 3, 2011 at 10:42 pm |
  3. civiloutside

Seems to me that we're getting pretty loose with the word "miracle" these days. A miracle, as I would understand it, would be an event that cannot be explained by natural causes (or at least so unlikely and/or misunderstood as to make it seem that way).

Bin Laden's death was the result of years of intelligence gathering, months of planning, the actions of a group of highly trained men, and, ultimately, the extremely well understood natural principal that high velocity lead smashing through your brain pan tends to kill you. No supernatural agency needed to explain it. Not a miracle.

May 2, 2011 at 10:42 pm |
    • RightturnClyde

Well exactly ... that's my story about catching an 8 lb bass. Now you would claim it is a miracle and I would claim it is my superiority as a a bass fisherman. Shakespeare would claim it was the lunker rod and the infallible reel. Ouachita would claim it was a terrific job boat and trolling motor. Coleman would claim it kept the bait chilled and tasty. The bar tender would not care what anybody claimed as long as they bought another beer. But wait .. maybe the beer helped it become 8 lbs (since it was actually only 4 lbs and actually gained another 4 on he way back to the marina! .. now is that a miracle? ) ... well nobody will ever know (and it doesn't matter since next year it will be a ten pound bass) (and nobody will believe it without evidence)

May 2, 2011 at 10:54 pm |
    • RightturnClyde

But .. you know ... it is true about the bass. Would a bass fisherman lie? (is the Pope a Catholic?) .. it was a 2 lb worm! This was a big fish. He towed me and the boat 50 yards before he started fighting. He actually jumped over the boat once (wunst) .. well he ran and I released and he came back and I reeled and there we went back and forth .. and then silence (I thought he'd up and quit) ... but then he jumped out of the water and looked me square in the eye and the fight was on ... he ran around all of the snags and crannies and tried to get rid of my line .. but as fast as he did I got it loose. (you believe me don't you?) ..now wait .. fellas.. wait .. the is more ...

May 2, 2011 at 11:05 pm |
    • Colin

Every event can be explained by natural cuases. What we call a "miracle" is something we either don't understand (so called spontaneous remission of diseases) or regard as very lucky ( a cute little girl surviving a tornadoe). We basically get a lot of pleasure out of pretending some sky fairy is looking out for us.

May 2, 2011 at 11:13 pm |
    • civiloutside

Well, I suppose I should clarify. I don't believe that miracles in the sense of truly supernatural events ever occur. On account of the nonexistence of the supernatural ent-ities that would be credited with causing them. But highly improbable and/or unexplainable-with-the-information-at-hand events do occur, and I think that colloquially the word "miracle" can be used to describe them in the poetic sense.

But something like this, where the agency involved is entirely human and understandable, is just a gross misuse of the word. And it seems that people are becoming more an more anxious to attach the word "miracle" to situations where it simply does not apply.

May 3, 2011 at 1:59 pm |
  4. Nick

Ugh!!!! Really even if by some chance miracles were real do you really think the guy who forgave a terrorist who tried to kill him would come back from the dead to kill Osama. Poor, poor, Peru I thought we had some religious nuts in power here you guys have a real doozy down there. This is upsurd and if the Vatican in any way agrees with this then they have absolutely no credibility in the modern world (not that they have much left in the first place). The Navy SEAL that shot bin Laden in the head did not have some little Pope John Paul II angel aiming the gun and pulling the trigger. Logical people will dismiss this because we don't believe in Religion. But even those who believe in the Sainthood of John Paul II have to dismiss it as he would never condone a violent act let alone help carry one out.

May 2, 2011 at 10:37 pm |
  5. RightturnClyde

I like the way this fellow connects dots. It is clear to me why he became President of Peru. Thee was an event in Rome to "beatify" John Paul II (good news) .... there was an announcement that Bin Laden was dead (also good news) .. OK they are both good news (the common characteristic ) .. light bulb ... well, of course. they ARE connected .. John Paul gave us s present for his special day and the earth is a better place .. . miracle! I like it. Now that's class. It shows well under the light. It bottles well. Good hook-up. Excellent logic. (No less logical than the Buffalo dance, burnt incense, the bells at mass, red vestments (or white vestments), .... sacrificing virgins .. getting 70 virgins ..(who become 70 Nordstroms shoppers incidentally) ... .. I like the way this President puts it together.

May 2, 2011 at 10:15 pm |
    • Peace2All

@RightturnClyde

Hello again -Right turn ! (Always have loved your 'moniker').

Anyway, from your postings before, sometimes I never know when you are being serious or not.

So, my question is... Do you agree with President Garcia of Peru and think that JP II had something to do with the killing of Bin Laden...?

Curious.

Respectfully,

Peace...

May 2, 2011 at 10:24 pm |
    • RightturnClyde

Well it's all how you look at it. If I had caught an 8 lb bass would that be a miracle from John Paul II or evidence of my superior kill and crafty knowledge to Mr. Bass? I'd claim is was my skill (or course) but perhaps you'd claim it was a miracle .. but not half the miracle it was going to become next year when I claim it was 10 lbs and still full of fight. Now Crazy Horse .. well he thought killing old Long Hair was a fete that gave him a right to six more feathers in his bonnet whereas the chiefs thought it was a miracle from the White Buffalo. Now old Long Hair did not do any thinking at all or he would not be out on a limb like he was. Well the story got better every year! (Still getting better today .. the archaeologist claim it's a miracle they found all of the stuff they did ..). Now National Geographic doesn't care if Custer debris is a miracle if it sells well. It's all how you look at it.

May 2, 2011 at 10:45 pm |
    • Peace2All

@RightturnClyde

Thanks -Rightturn... you are still one of my favorite 'philosophers' here on the blogs.

Peace...

May 3, 2011 at 1:42 am |
  6. Colin

So, the "magic people" are out in force, claiming dead people are actually still alive in "heaven" and using their supernatural powers to kill "bad" people on Earth. Sometimes I get confused about whether I am living in the 21st Century or the Dark Ages.

May 2, 2011 at 10:14 pm |
    • RightturnClyde

Well .. it's only fair ... if Bin Laden got 70 virgins as pay off for his battle scars ... surely John Paul II can deliver some good wishes too. It is much more likely he'd get rid of a cur than cause volcanoes to go off or tsunami .. after all he is a nice guy and would not cause strife. Bin Laden is a good after dinner offering .. and they are both happy. I have to wonder how the3 virgins feel .. I mean about losing their status and all. (Maybe the don't .. they could be nuns .. after all it is heaven)

May 2, 2011 at 10:20 pm |
    • HeavenSent

That's what you get Colin for listening to teachers that also don't know how to read the Bible. Over your head much?

Amen.

May 2, 2011 at 10:58 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Bin Laden, as well as anyone that worships fake gods is sitting on the other side of the divide. You folks will be on the same side as he if you don't humble yourself, ask Jesus our Lord and Savor for forgiveness then sin no more. I know that's asking too much for you big egos to shelf that burden. But, try.

Amen.

May 2, 2011 at 11:01 pm |
  7. Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Is there ANY subject on which Adelina declines to opine? Does she take a side on EVERY issue, regardless of her understanding of its subtleties?

What a freakshow.

May 2, 2011 at 10:13 pm |
    • Colin

Tom, I learned months ago to ignore Adelina and "Heaven Sent". You might as well try to debate quantum mechanics with a poodle.

May 2, 2011 at 10:18 pm |

@Colin – You'd have more fun discussing string theory with a cat. 😀

May 2, 2011 at 10:28 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

I agree with both of you. In fact, Rogue, my cat is quite the authority on string theory-we were engaged in experiments this very evening. Most entertaining. 😉

May 2, 2011 at 10:34 pm |
    • HeavenSent

I'd rather be called a poodle than a coward Colin. I'm surprised you lily livers even wrote about bin Laden's death. I thought you were against violence!? If so, why even bother posting? Oh, that's right, you do stick your penny's worth of nonsense in on any/all posts.

Amen.

May 2, 2011 at 10:56 pm |
  8. Peter F

@Rogue

I tend not to waste my breath (metaphorically of course) on lost causes... now if you want to get into a legitimate discussion, by all means lets do it! However, I suspect that you're just looking for whatever chance you can get to pour on insults, mockery and atheist dogma – all of which get a bit repet*tive and tiring.

But I've been surprised before. 😀

May 2, 2011 at 10:07 pm |
  9. tallulah13

What a jacka_ss.

May 2, 2011 at 9:49 pm |
  10. Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

What the h*ll does some moron like Addled-brain know about 9/11?

Go soak your head, Adelina. You're a dope.

May 2, 2011 at 9:46 pm |
  11. Adelina

@David Johnson, then why does the Peruvian President praise Mr. Bush? Missions continue and are handed down you, know. Now I know why secular Americans are so incompotent in history...

May 2, 2011 at 9:23 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Adelina=Bozo the Clown.

May 2, 2011 at 9:37 pm |
    • tallulah13

Adelina/Fredrica/Justina: The Peruvian president is also crediting a dead pope for this event. Try getting in touch with reality.

May 2, 2011 at 9:48 pm |
    • Peace2All

@tallulah13

LOL...!!!

Peace...

May 2, 2011 at 9:51 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

"In touch with reality"? Are you kidding? Adelina? Adelina hasn't been in touch with reality since she was hatched.

May 2, 2011 at 10:01 pm |
    • Robby Roadkill

Tom Tom, what you said was easily the worst, nastiest, cruelest thing I have ever read on this blog, and I have read some really nasty stuff here ! How dare you insult Bozo like that !

May 3, 2011 at 1:57 am |
  12. Methusalem969

Who knows - the invisible world (spirits) could be powerful, very powerful. The good ones prevail in the end. You live by the sword, die by the sword.

May 2, 2011 at 9:19 pm |
    • Adelina

@M-, that applies to murderers, not to a justice-carrying government. Every statement has a context; please learn properly.

May 2, 2011 at 9:24 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Oh, right, Adelina. As if you have a clue what it means to "learn properly" when you write "imcompotent".

You shrill little twerp. You're laughable beyond belief.

May 2, 2011 at 9:42 pm |
  13. Peter F

Sigh

May 2, 2011 at 9:08 pm |
    • Peter F

At least it's more interesting and relevant (maybe?) than THE wedding

May 2, 2011 at 9:26 pm |

@Peter F – Hi Peter! I could read your sigh from all the way over here. lol
      What's your take on this? Do you think every good thing is a miracle that can be attributed to your dead popes? Or would you like to see this Peruvian president shaken like a rag in a dog's mouth for being such a nut?

May 2, 2011 at 9:27 pm |
    • Peter F

@Rogue

Well, I'm not Catholic... so attributing miracles to dead people seems preposterous to me, especially when there really seems to be no connection whatsoever. Lulz

May 2, 2011 at 9:30 pm |
    • Rogue

@Peter F – lulz indeed. So your Jesus doing miracles is different? How so?

May 2, 2011 at 9:34 pm |
    • Peter F

@Rogue

Cuz good 'ol JC A) is not dead, and B) is God. The pope made no such claims of divinity... silly Peruvian Prez.

May 2, 2011 at 9:38 pm |
    • Rogue

@Peter F – Your Jesus is A) dead and B) not a god of any sort unless his "soul" is in some different dimension where such things actually happen.
      You are making claims of divinity for your Jesus. You make a claim without proof and I am free to dismiss your claim, as there is no proof that any such thing is true or even likely. 😛

May 2, 2011 at 9:44 pm |
    • Peter F

@Rogue

Well then I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. (BTW, I love it how you asked me that question knowing EXACTLY what I would say... silly Rogue) 😉

May 2, 2011 at 9:46 pm |
    • Rogue

@Peter F – Yes, I was being obvious on purpose, hoping that you might have something real to defend your Jesus with.
      You say something like "attributing miracles to dead people seems preposterous to me, especially when there really seems to be no connection whatsoever." and I couldn't help throwing that back in your silly face.
      Come on! You mean to tell me you don't see the parallels here?
      The same way you dismiss this popish nonsense is the same way I dismiss your nonsense. And it does work wonderfully, does it not?
      There "really seems to be no connection whatsoever" between your claims about your religious nonsense and that of the Catholics.
      A tree falls in the forest. If no religious nut is around to claim their god did it, did the tree really fall? lol

May 2, 2011 at 9:58 pm |
    • Rogue

@Peter – Whoops! I meant to say "There "really seems to be no connection whatsoever" between your claims about your religious nonsense and reality, just like you see between Catholic claims and reality."
      My bad.

May 2, 2011 at 10:00 pm |
    • Peter F

Always manage to fail in clicking the reply button... oh well

"@Rogue

But I've been surprised before. 😀 "

May 2, 2011 at 10:08 pm |
    • Rogue

@Peter F – Yes, I see. You already have refused my direct and simple questions, so I guess you really don't want to discuss things...as you have already refused to do so.
      Thanks anyway. When you are willing to talk honestly and directly let me know. I haven't had a conversation like that in ages with fundies like you.
      Most of you seem pretty bent on avoiding my questions so I won't bother you with them.
      Bye.

May 2, 2011 at 10:27 pm |
  14. Elite

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjnltxaPDyE&w=640&h=390]

May 2, 2011 at 9:05 pm |
  15. Elite

It's no miracle. This guy is a miracle. He would beat the snot out of osama and gadhafi no problem. A true American Hero! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjnltxaPDyE

May 2, 2011 at 9:03 pm |
  16. Chamisal

The attempt to make a saint out of the man who presided over the church's irresponsible reaction (or lack thereof) to its pedophile clergy is disgusting. The Catholic Church is the historical and spiritual heir to the Roman Empire, not the teachings of Christ, and the President of Peru is, with all due respect, a flatulent nitwit.

May 2, 2011 at 8:31 pm |
    • Leonard

there are no true christians.
      there are no true peruvians.
      there are no true scotsmen.
      there are many flatulent nitwits.
      pot meet kettle.

May 2, 2011 at 8:48 pm |
  17. Peace2All

President Garcia has *got* to be kidding.

Peace...

May 2, 2011 at 8:07 pm |
    • Rogue

@Peace2All – You said it brother. How crazy them fundies can be, eh?

May 2, 2011 at 8:23 pm |
    • Peace2All

@Rogue

Well, how much of are you 'loving your fundies now' ? 🙂

My head is hurting pretty bad today, and this article just made it worse. This is definitely going to be an 8 advil day for me. Where's my 'brick' !!!!!

Peace...

May 2, 2011 at 8:27 pm |
    • Rogue

@Peace2All – I love them more when they show up here and do their thing. If this Peruvian president wanted to argue with us, that would be pretty interesting.
      Be sure and use one of those fake bricks made of foam. That should minimize the damage... 😀

May 2, 2011 at 9:24 pm |
    • Peace2All

@Rogue

You Said: "Be sure and use one of those fake bricks made of foam. That should minimize the damage..."

Hmmmmm..... would that be minimizing the damage on my 'head' or the 'fake bricks'...? LOL 🙂

Peace...

May 2, 2011 at 9:27 pm |
    • Rogue

@Peace2All – I was worried about your head, silly. You would make a good study-model for a phrenologist after all that beating your head against a wall. Using bricks made of foam might not feel the same, but it will likely preserve your ability to function more than using real bricks would.

May 2, 2011 at 9:38 pm |
  18. jsaiditfirst

I would be very interested in hearing or reading of any response the Vatican might give to the Peruvian President concerning Bin Ladens death somehow being associated with a post-miracle event via Pope John Paul II.

When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone. 14 But each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. 15 Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin; in turn, sin, when it has been accomplished, brings forth death.
    (James 1:13)
    The manner of Bin Ladens death has more to with his making his own bed and sleeping in it than with Papal Divinity, on account that contrary to popular belief that Jesus is right now ruler of this earth are vastly misconstrued. Although Jesus will without fail come to this earth to judge both mankind as well as Satan and his imps, until that day comes, Satan is ruler over the entire earth.

"Satan, the god of [this system of things] has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through" (2Corr 4:4)

"We know we originate with God, but the [whole world] is lying in the power of the wicked one"-–(1John 5:19)

May 2, 2011 at 7:51 pm |
    • Alan

You know a couple hundred years from now people are going to first laugh then cry when looking back on this whole human religion debacle.

That's right. You will be laughed at for saying such ridiculous things. As it should be.

May 3, 2011 at 8:02 am |
  19. Adelina

He should praise the bravery of the American people along with that of Mr. Bush. Though a good news, I don't recall villain's death called as a miracle. It's always a due justice.

May 2, 2011 at 7:47 pm |
    • David Johnson

@Adelina

You said: "He should praise the bravery of the American people along with that of Mr. Bush. "

Bush was not brave. Bush was a religious nut, who attacked a country that had not attacked us. His wars and tax cuts destroyed our economy. Obama was responsible for bin Laden's sudden demise.

Amen! and Cheers!

May 2, 2011 at 9:10 pm |
    • tallulah13

Adelina/Fredrica/Justina, I realize that your grasp of American history is pretty limited, but Bush took resources away from our war on Afghanistan (who had harbored Bin Laden) to start a war in Iraq, a nation that had nothing to do with the horrors of 9/11. Bush probably added years to the life of Bin Laden. Credit in this case must go to the current American President Obama, and American military and intelligence.

May 2, 2011 at 9:36 pm |
    • Gregory S. Reinhart II

With all this talk about the death of the international terrorist, Osama Bin Laden, it's hard to imagine that we are mirroring the image of radical Islamic group, the Alqueda, when they heard the news that their attempts at striking fear in the hearts of millions of Americans was a success on September 11, 2001. Cheering and chanting in the streets for hours on end over the news of a man's death. This brings to mind the once popular phrase, "We will never forget." Can we forget now? Have an equal amount of stones been thrown? Are we ready to put another face on the word "hate"? Have we not remembered the pain that we felt when we saw those two towers falling to the ground? The horror we faced when heard that Washington had too been attacked? How about the anguish we held close when the flight over Pennsylvania crashed into, yet another piece of our home land? Our land of the free. Our land in which our ancestors came to in hopes of establishing a better standard of living. A place where hope is what truely stimulates our sense of national belonging. We have forgotten that this one man, similar to the ones who were fighting the fires in New York, Washington, and Pennsylavania, had people who loved him. He had a following of what we, as Americans, might have seen as brain-washed, but they were people too. They made the decision to follow. They made the decision to immerse themselves in another's belief. To give themselves entirely to a cause uncomprehendible to us here in the land of the free, and home of the brave. I am not disputing that what Bin Laden did should go unpunished, but to celebrate his demise makes us the mirror image of the Alqueda with all of our cheers. We are but rebels now, waving our guns in the air, chanting that we were right, and that we told you so. Step back and try to remember how much death can weigh down the ones arond us. Respecting one's death is something we can not seem to accustom ourselves to. Sure, "Where was his respect for us on September 11?!" Be careful how you answer...it could be the reflection that I am trying to get you to see.

May 3, 2011 at 2:29 am |
    • Finger Puppet

@Gregory S. Reinhart,
      Weren't you claiming to be a German, living in Germany the other day ? Not really sure, but in any case ....
      .......sticking finger down throat......
      Bla bla bla. For the moment we will forget that many of your word strings are not actually sentences, but the problem with being such a pompous a-s, is that you are so impressed with yourself, you forgot to read your post and make sure it actually makes any sense.

"With all this talk about the death of the international terrorist, Osama Bin Laden, it's hard to imagine that we are mirroring the image of radical Islamic group, the Alqueda, when they heard the news that their attempts at striking fear in the hearts of millions of Americans was a success on September 11, 2001".
      What ? Are you saying it IS hard to imagine, or not. You say it is "hard to imagine", but you seem to be saying it is "NOT hard to imagine". Do you really want answers to your questions, or are they just rhetorical "pomposities" ?

"to a cause uncomprehendible to"
      Shouldn't that be "incomprehensible to " ?

"We have forgotten that this one man, similar to the ones who were fighting the fires in New York, Washington, and Pennsylavania, had people who loved him. He had a following of what we, as Americans, might have seen as brain-washed, but they were people too"
      Are you attempting to equate the First Responders, and their families (certainly people who did NOT in general shove their beliefs down the throats of others), to the members of Al Queda ? I guess we don't need to go there.

"I am not disputing that what Bin Laden did should go unpunished, but to celebrate his demise" bal bla bla.
      You realize I hope, that that crap means you DO think he SHOULD go unpunished, (a double negative) ?

"We are but rebels now, waving our guns in the air".....
      Stick it up your a-s. We will wave anything we like.

"Respecting one's death is something we can not seem to accustom ourselves to. Sure, "Where was his respect for us on September 11?!" Be careful how you answer...it could be the reflection that I am trying to get you to see".
      Huh ? "One's" ? Are you talking about his death or our own deaths ? I am sure we "respect our own death", if that even makes any sense, and I'm sure we "respect" the fact that the Navy Seals exterminated OBL. In fact we celebrate it.

Speaking of "reflections", you should also "be careful", as you seem to be so full of bul-sh-t I can't imagine what you see when you look in the mirror.

May 3, 2011 at 5:34 am |
  20. Ralph Jennison

My mail came today. That can only be described as a miracle by John Paul II.

Then again, Peruvians may have elected a total jerk-off as president.

May 2, 2011 at 7:44 pm |
    • Rogue

The pope's decomposing body is like a miracle of chemistry! All hail the holy test tube!

May 2, 2011 at 9:40 pm |
    • Bucky Ball

Exactly. As you state in your own words, this logical screw up is so famous that it has a name. It's called the "Post Hoc" fallacy. Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.
      "After this, therefore because if this." Temporal succession does not entail causal succession. Amazing this guy got so far without getting an education, or having commo0n sense.

May 2, 2011 at 10:18 pm |
    • Read the Book

Got home on fumes and had beans in the drawer under the sink. 5 mouths to one can and a loaf of bread. Tell that JP guy to do one for me call President Garcia and tell him to feed his people and keep his nose out of things which he knows nothing of. I hope for blessings from above for anyone who reads this and looks at it from another perspective. I did, and I'm nobody. But you are somebody. Right?

May 2, 2011 at 10:39 pm |
    • Peace2All

@Bucky Ball

Nice call on the 'Post hoc ergo propter hoc'

Peace...