home
RSS
Atheists flying ad campaign meets strong resistance
June 30th, 2011

Atheists flying ad campaign meets strong resistance

By Katie Glaeser, CNN

(CNN)–It's a battle of belief - and the right not to believe - in a country founded on freedom.

"I'm a patriotic American. I served my country. I get out there and celebrate the Fourth, too," Blair Scott, who calls himself a proud atheist, proclaimed.

"This America belongs to everyone."

Blair, the communications director for the New Jersey-based American Atheists, said atheists in the United States often feel alienated and face accusations of being anti-American because of their lack of belief in God.

To combat those notions, his group is using Independence Day to say atheists love their country, too.

But the way they're spreading their message might have Americans looking to the sky this Fourth of July and finding something besides fireworks to stir emotion.

Planes with banners that read "God-LESS America" or "Atheism is Patriotic" will be flying over 27 states on Monday. While people might be leery to see the messages overhead, the $23,000 campaign has had a struggle with those who are supposed to bring it to life.

Justin Jaye of Fly Signs Aerial Advertising, who is orchestrating the flights for American Atheists, said out of the 85 people in the country who fly these sign-pulling planes only about 17 have agreed to fly the messages.

"I've been in this business for 20 years and I've never run into so much resistance on people flying," Jaye said. "I've had pilots who are actual atheists who said, 'Justin, I am an atheist and I won't fly it because I can't wear a bulletproof vest.'"

Dave Silverman, president of American Atheists, says the reaction to the organization's campaign before it takes off shows how much work the group still needs to do. "This is a clear reminder of why we need to keep fighting because the bigotry against us is so thick that a lot of the pilots are afraid to fly our banners," he said.

Jaye said while some feared for their lives, others feared for their marriages. He had one pilot say his wife would divorce him if he made the flight.

Red Calvert, a pilot and president of Pro-Air Enterprises in Indianapolis, said his reasons to decline the flight were based on his personal beliefs.

"I respect our country and I respect our churches and we've got enough problems in our country without stirring up some more," he said. "If those people want to do something they believe in, fine, just don't include me."

The American Atheists hope to draw attention and spur public discussion through their campaign on Monday.

"It's going to remind people that atheism is at that ballgame and at that beach and at that parade. We are patriotic people," Silverman said.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Atheism • Belief • New Jersey • Religious liberty • United States

soundoff (2,835 Responses)
  1. WonderSpring

@TerranRich, your trash comments are too long. Make them shorter and come back. Immigrate to North Korea, the atheists' utopia. Conclusion: Atheists must never be trusted.

July 2, 2011 at 1:45 am |
    • JF

Looks like Fred Phelps has joined the belief blog

July 2, 2011 at 1:48 am |
    • LinCA

@JF

You said "Looks like Fred Phelps has joined the belief blog"
      No, the infestation known as WonderSpring aka True Friend aka Justina aka Frederica aka Friend aka Adeline aka Christian Adeline aka Adelina aka FairGarden, has been around for a while.

July 2, 2011 at 1:55 am |
    • Spiffy

Christians can't be trusted.

You see what I did there? I made a statement without any proof or an explanation to back it up. Kinda like what you did.

July 2, 2011 at 1:59 am |
    • LinCA

@Spiffy

But at least you can show correlation.

July 2, 2011 at 2:01 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

Fred Phelps would be torn apart in here.... but his lawyer Daughter ... she went to the Supreme Court and it was the scene where Emperor Palpatine said "Are you threatening me Master Jedi"

.. I listened to her before the trial and then her "endzone dance/ We came we saw and we kicked butt"...post trial interview. If she were on this blog I do not know if any of us could stop her.

July 2, 2011 at 2:02 am |
    • Peace2All

@Mark from Middle River

Hey dude...

I understand where you are coming from on this. I agree... she's tough as nails.

A thought came to me while reading your posting that where you said..."I don't know if any of us could stop her." As you are well aware, when someone is 'so' locked into their worldview, in a way, is 'really' no reason to even debate... as they are just not open. Of course it would also depend on the topic, timing, and other considerations, etc...

I guess my point is... 'who' would want to waste their time and energy on someone that is 'that' intractable and locked into their beliefs as if they are absolutes...?

Anyway, had a thought in relationship to what you shared, and... thought I would share mine.

Hope that you are well...

Regards,

Peace...

July 2, 2011 at 2:23 am |
    • WonderSpring

You atheists are locked up in filthy hatred of the religious people. Christians love and forgive and tell the truth, but atheists hate and blaspheme.

July 2, 2011 at 2:33 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

Aww ... come on Peace ... didn't you ever wonder what it would be like to go a single round with Mike Tyson or stand across the court from Pete Sampres...

July 2, 2011 at 2:38 am |
    • Peace2All

@Mark from Middle River

Dude... I got to fight with 'Royce Gracie' for an hour and a half !!! Well... truthfully, it wasn't much of a fight...at all. Got my a- s- s kicked... LOL !!!

So, I do know what is like to fight perhaps arguably one of the greatest fighter/competi-tors of all time.

Moral-- Learn to pick your battles...!!!!!!! LOL .!!! πŸ˜€

Regards,

Peace...

July 2, 2011 at 3:21 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

But, if you were still in the same shape or if you are still in the same shape ... I feel you would do it again though πŸ™‚

July 2, 2011 at 3:42 am |
    • Peace2All

@Mark from Middle River

Yeah... you're probably right on that one.

Regards,

Peace...

July 2, 2011 at 11:28 am |
    • mist

what is that brown stuff

July 3, 2011 at 7:26 am |
  2. L.V.

Boo hoo...poor Atheists. The trials you must bear! :*o( I'm just happy to see that most the pilots either care more about a worthy message than money, or are good businessmen and realize they'd lose more business in the long run for flying those messages. If you dislike the majority religions in the US, move to China or Russia where your views are welcomed!

July 2, 2011 at 1:39 am |
    • VegasRage

Boo Hoo!? LMAO! You sound like you're bearing a cross with a crown of thorns up the hill. ...and you think others are whining?

July 2, 2011 at 1:45 am |
    • Spiffy

So it is un-American to express one's views? Especially a group that is so actively discriminated upon?

July 2, 2011 at 1:53 am |
    • Peace2All

@L.V.

Hey there -L.V...

You Said: "If you dislike the majority religion in the US, move to China or Russia where your views are welcomed!"

So, if someone dislikes a 'majority' of something, they should literally move to another country...? Hmmm... I thought part of what America was about was and is... Free Speech, which obviously, even you are enjoying the benefits here regardless of whether your beliefs in a deity are accurate or not.

And... who says 'atheists views 'aren't' "welcomed" here in America...? When it comes to something like an 'intangible' like religion, shouldn't most, if not all views be "welcomed." Doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you, as a believer, does it...? Just because some people that don't necessarily believe in one of the ~38,000 different sects of Christianity, means they are 'wrong' and 'not welcome' here in America...?

Apparently, if a minority dislikes something... 'get the heck out because your not welcome...and...shut the hell up' seem to be your basic messages here. Interesting... How truly 'American' of you !

Wow...!

Regards,

Peace...

July 2, 2011 at 2:00 am |
  3. Johnny 5

Atheism = peace and true unity

July 2, 2011 at 1:29 am |
    • AmericanSam

Agreed. When we finally rid society of religion and we can instead look back upon it and how it helped people for a time and then went out of control, well, that will be a wonderful day indeed. Finally people will stop lying to themselves and others about knowing what is going to happen to them when they die. We can all realize that it is truly THIS life that is worth living. And we will value our common humanity in everyone and truly want peace and freedom for the world.

July 2, 2011 at 1:38 am |
    • L.V.

Haha, yah, because the problems of the planet aren't due to humans sucking as a whole, but because of religious beliefs. Way to blame the wrong source. Talk about an unwillingness to see the big picture.

July 2, 2011 at 1:44 am |
    • LinCA

@L.V.

We see the big picture and address the problems one at a time. starting with the highest impact ones first. Religion is one of the biggest. Once we rid the world of this plague, we can address the other issues.

July 2, 2011 at 1:47 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

>>>β€œStarting with the highest impact ones first. Religion is one of the biggest.”
      I do not fully agree with that Lin. The thirst and hunger for power over others is what is the biggest problem with the world. It is human dominating human. Some use Religion so just basically line folks up in-front of a mass grave and start the bloodshed. As soon as we came from being Hunters, gatherer and roaming nomads to a life of farming and staying stationary is probably where it started. As soon as someone blocked a watering hole or prime farming land and said β€œthis is mine”. As soon as that happened, we took our first steps here.
      Religions were there but as much as Atheist say it was created to control man, I will say it was also put here to comfort him. If you and other Atheist see only the evil that has been done in the name of Religion then it falls to me to say all the good things that have been done in the name of Religion.
      Just like a Atheist said a week or so ago... good can be done with out Religion. If that is true, then Lin...

..bad can be done with out Religion as well. πŸ™‚

July 2, 2011 at 2:25 am |
    • LinCA

@Mark,

What I see in religion is, on balance, bad. The good doesn't outweigh the bad. The hurdles put in place of scientific progress aren't fully compensated by the feeding of the poor. The thirst for power is, at least in part, aided by religion. The mindless following of doctrine is helping those that know how to exploit it, stay in power.

If you know of a way to do away with the bad part of religion, while keeping the good, I'm all ears. The only way I see is to get rid of the mind numbing ignorance that is rampant in religion, but that is also at its core. Meaning that by getting rid of the ignorance, you will necessarily get rid of religion itself.

Education is the key. If people learn how they impact the world (and not just say "it's all gods plan"), they may actually be inclined to help make it better.

Peace.

July 2, 2011 at 2:52 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

Hi Lin.

If you see the balance as mostly bad we can debate that until the cows, ducks and geese come home. For me I see too much good. I would say its just my church but I know in Christianity we are doing a lot of good in the community. Now if CNN, FoxNews and MsNBC are your source for all your information and a steady stream of Belief Blogs negative Faith articles is your proof then I guess you would balance it as mostly bad.

The problem is that you stated β€œIf you know of a way to do away with the bad part of religion”

Lin, let me know when you are able to get rid of the bad part of …
      Atheism, Blacks, Whites, Hispanics,Gays, Irish, anyone in Uniform, anyone that trades on wall street, doctors, Lawyers, anyone driving a hybrid, anyone driving a gas guzzling SUV.... etc etc.

Lin, as soon as you remove the humans and all of there fears, hopes, desires and hate you might get what you want. I mean, look around here, your side is not all cream and sugar. There is a lot of blood on both sides. Tell me how you will get the radical militant Atheist out of your side.

Work on that and get back with us. We will wait with our ears open as those radicals on your side rip your head from your shoulders and toss it back into middle.

Pretty much the same as when we of moderates of Faith went after the extremist on our side. 😦

July 2, 2011 at 3:38 am |
    • Calling it

Squirmy Mark. That should be your new name.

July 2, 2011 at 4:07 am |
    • mist

calling it, i keep reminding him but he keeps squirming away. you did indeed call it correctly, calling it. derp.

July 3, 2011 at 7:28 am |
  4. TerranRich

Yet another example of cowards who refuse to do their damn jobs because, ooh, the big bad atheists and their evil messages! We can't even have billboards that simply say "We are good without God" without it encountering huge resistance, vandalism, relocation, and just general complaining. Why are theists so threatened by our harmless messages? Are your beliefs and faith so weak that a little flying banner will cause your entire world to come crashing down around you? Seriously.

July 2, 2011 at 12:59 am |
    • L.V.

Here's a question, why are you Atheists so concerned with spreading your beliefs around? Seems quite hypocritical, since you sure hate having theistic beliefs "shoved down your throats!" How about you show us how you wish things would be, and just sit down and shut up. πŸ™‚

July 2, 2011 at 1:47 am |
    • Spiffy

But then we would have to actually care what you believe.

July 2, 2011 at 1:54 am |
  5. MJp

America has it's own Taliban!

July 2, 2011 at 12:53 am |
  6. WonderSpring

Atheism is self-worship.

July 2, 2011 at 12:36 am |
    • TerranRich

Atheism is NON-worship. Despite what you may think, we do not worship anybody or anything. Learn what atheism IS before coming across as ignorant.

July 2, 2011 at 1:01 am |
    • bhigh

Atheism is the worship of nothing and no one. A = none. Theism = god. The worship of yourself is, surprisingly, selfism, or egotism.

July 2, 2011 at 1:08 am |
    • WonderSpring

July 2, 2011 at 1:10 am |
    • TerranRich

Quote: "But you always end up worshipping self or the Terra(Earth). "Mother Earth" hates you by the way. She wishes you didn't exist on her. Only God loves mankind and putting up with us – until the justice time. Repent your stupid worship of self and acknowledge God's Truth as honest humans would do."

Oh, really? Did you have a conversation with the so-called "Mother Earth"? Did "she" tell you things? WonderSpring, those voices are only in your head. There is medication that will relieve what you're felling. Seek help immediately.

Again, not all atheists worship themselves. How would one do that, anyway? Even so, what's wrong with that? I can feel self-important and not be evil at the same time. Maybe the fact that you can't see how that is possible is more telling about your own personality and psyche than that of any of us.

You keep talking about God as though he were real. I have heard hundreds of various "proofs" and explanations and rationalizations for the existence of God. They are all weak and hold no water. None of them are any more plausible than if I said that I had an invisible dragon in my garage. Go ahead and DISprove he exists. I'll be right here waiting.

July 2, 2011 at 1:34 am |
  7. The Selfish Gene ...Simmons

Yes, I agree – non-believers are also proud to be USA-ian and as patriotic as believers. Under god? God bless America? Fine! Great! USA! USA!

July 2, 2011 at 12:35 am |
    • tallulah13

I just gotta say, dude: I love your name.

July 2, 2011 at 1:22 pm |
  8. Melissa

More than religion. Atheism is about everyone. Religion is only about said religions followers.

July 2, 2011 at 12:27 am |
    • John

One cannot escape religion because it is manmade, it has nothing to do with God; this is why Jesus hated religion. If the earth was covered with nothing but athiests there would still be religious wars and hatred, because it is of human nature. There are already factions within the athiest community fighting amongst themselves over who is right. In the scientific community, outside the boundries of "God", where theorists discuss elusive ideas like string theory, there are still taunts, saying ideas like multidimensions are "religious nonsense". You will never see the end of religion as long as man exists.Β

Athiests who judge God based on what man has created from their ideas of God are just as bad as religious people who judge man based on their idea of god. Man wants proof of God, but he got the bible and weaponized it. Why would God grant access of his proof to man when man cannot even responsibly deal with his word. We are all love and love does not hate, mock, or ridicule. Love is perfect in its essence. Every man woman and child will one day know the truth of these things. Until then we are all lost souls searching for love.Β

July 2, 2011 at 1:10 am |
    • Elizabeth

@John No. I see philosophical debates, theories, learning and teaching, but no huge fights between atheists....I can name several violent events between christians, muslims, jews, etc. but none regarding atheists. I am a proud atheist, and I have love. It's called family, and friends, and animals. My mom loves me "unconditionally." So does my dad. That's all I need.

July 2, 2011 at 1:32 am |
    • L.V.

@ John: Very well put, I'm going to save that response, actually.
      @ Elizabeth: Anyone who says Atheists don't have the ability to have positive traits like love, kindness, etc. are being ignorant. The argument is not about whether you can be "good" people, it's about how those who don't believe in God refuse to honestly ponder why such positive traits exist and why we feel any desire to express them to begin with.

July 2, 2011 at 1:52 am |
  9. Cheyla

Just go to show you how hateful and murderous those God-fearing people are – of course, if you believe in invisible people, then what do you expect, right?

July 2, 2011 at 12:20 am |
    • L.V.

An article expressing there *may* be a threat of violence does not somehow prove that flying those messages carries a high likeliness of actual violence against the pilots. Way to gulp down every aspect of what you read hook, line, and sinker.

July 2, 2011 at 1:57 am |
  10. Mick

@Kingnpriest:
    "Scientists have tried to prove (the Bible) wrong and have been unsuccessful"
    Which scientists are you thinking of? Turns out they HAVE proven that a man can't live in the belly of a whale, a 600 year old man can't gather up the world's animals in a boat, and a man (or half man/half god, or whatever) can't rise from the dead.

"All of antiquity testifies to it's accuracy"
    Now does that include the part about the talking donkey?

July 2, 2011 at 12:12 am |
    • kingnpriest

Mick, you my friend need to believe in the supernatural! God is a supernatural God, he is not a man, as some would try to make him become. He can do all things, He declares the end from the beginning. He knows your heart, your thoughts, and wants nothing but good for you, beginning with repentance. Turn from your faithless existance and embrace the salvation of Christ, He loves you, died for you, wants to have you with Him for eternity, reigning as Priest and King! Revelation 1:6 The Kingdom of God last forever and ever and ever and ever, eternity. This world is temporary, the one we can't see is eternal, and the real one!

July 2, 2011 at 1:05 am |
    • TerranRich

Yeah, Mick, believe in fairy tales! Become credulous to stories of the paranormal and metaphysical! Believe anything you hear and read and are told! Pinocchio was real, as were Cinderella, The Three Little Pigs, and Goldilocks! God is a magical space-being from planet Wacktular, and he wants to borrow a cup of sugar!

First, show evidence of the supernatural. There is no evidence, because it is a made-up, imaginary "realm" filled with things and ideas who very nature was crafted so that logic couldn't be used to prove nor disprove them. It's the perfect situation: made-up stuff with properties that are perfect, because now you can't disprove them. I can make up anything I want and suddenly it has validity.

There is no evidence of a god, other than a collection of stories written millennia ago by bronze-age sheep-herders, with bronze-age laws and beliefs in mind. Slavery is condoned and even regulated, women are said to be inferior property, and there are a whole bunch of misinformation (rabbits apparently chew their cud, and bats are a type of fowl!), conflicting stories (e.g. two separate, differing accounts of Judas's death, among tons of other details), and inconsistencies. It's about as trustworthy and reliable as a children's book written by a kindergartener. My 4-year-old son could write a more self-consistent story than the one told by the Bible. The first few pages even have two separate, conflicting creation stories! I mean, come on, the Bible? Give me a break. Give us better evidence or leave your faith at home, in private, where it should remain.

July 2, 2011 at 1:16 am |
  11. WonderSpring

If you are stupid and enslave women and children and conduct barbarism, foreign forces come and wipe you out or enslave you. Use your brain and be good. If you are stupid and evil, you lose your land all the time on this planet. It's secular America's turn.

July 2, 2011 at 12:12 am |
    • TerranRich

Stupid enough to enslave women and children. You mean, like the Bible and the God character from the Bible condone? Like how Jesus said that slaves should love their masters as they love God (or vice versa, I can't remember exactly what it said, but Jesus seemed OK with the idea of slavery). If you get your morals from a millennia-old book written by men with archaic, misogynistic, hateful beliefs, then you don't deserve to lecture others on morality.

July 2, 2011 at 1:22 am |
    • WonderSpring

@Terra-, the Bible liberated humanity from the slavery. You Westerners were altogether brainless without the Bible. In the above comment, I meant pre-Christian Europeans and pagans. Everyone on earth needs the Bible and the God it teaches about to be liberated from all forms of tyranny.

July 2, 2011 at 1:42 am |
  12. rubberducky69

patriotism has nothing to do with religion or atheism

July 2, 2011 at 12:10 am |
    • WonderSpring

Go back to Britain. Let Chinese and Arabs have your land.

July 2, 2011 at 12:13 am |
    • Jim

Very true.

July 2, 2011 at 12:24 am |
  13. Ssups

The early invader from England were pilgrims and puritans, both groups crossed the Atlantic to escape religious prosecution. With little more than their faith in God they gave up almost everything they owned and made the journey. I don't think you will find any records of any atheists coming with either the pilgrims or the puritans.

Now with that said, in the spirit of America's freedoms, atheists have just as many rights as God fearing people and should be able to express their non-belief in a God without fear of reprisal.

July 2, 2011 at 12:04 am |
    • beth

Just to remind you, those god-fearing people invaded this land and took it from my ancestors who were already here.

July 2, 2011 at 12:07 am |
    • WonderSpring

Beth, it's extremely good that those Christian English met with Native Americans first since all others were coming to this continent anyway. Native Americans weren't using the land anyway, fighting barbaricly and meaninglessly all the time. Atheists are parasites. They should move from the America Christans have created so others can occupy USA.

July 2, 2011 at 12:21 am |
    • Jim

And most of the tribes were fighting with each other for land, domination and resources. The Europeans were just better at it and they won. unfortunately, that is how the world runs and power is gained.

July 2, 2011 at 12:26 am |
    • Dropkick08

I love it when people use opinions as facts. The puritans were no where near what you could call a Christian. They were Diest for sure but they openly spoke against the bible. Next time you state a fact, please google it or something. πŸ™‚

July 2, 2011 at 12:58 am |
    • Simon

Beth. My ancestors were among those who came (from Scotland, fleeing English persecution) and killed your people and took the land. Not all of us a think like Wonderspring.

July 2, 2011 at 1:12 am |
    • WonderSpring

Puritans were Christians believing in the Bible. Europens had structured intelligence and character that was from Christianity. America is losing Christianity and becoming more selfish, meaningless, filthy and chaotic each day.

July 2, 2011 at 1:15 am |
    • LinCA

@Simon

You said "Not all of us a think like Wonderspring."
      I sure hope not. I don't think there's enough lithium in the world.

July 2, 2011 at 1:17 am |
    • WonderSpring

Simon, get out of USA for the sake of Beth, now, hypocrite. Beth, I'm not American or living in America but I think your self-pity has been completely pathetic. Learn some world history other than your own little history and get real. Laziness doesn't pay.

July 2, 2011 at 1:18 am |
    • Revenge of the Mildly Angry Kittens from Beyond Hell ! ! !

Beth, have you been properly introduced to WonderSpring yet? She is our resident psycho-Christian (okay, there's more than a few of those here, but Wonder Spring is special), and she has LOTS of names. But you can always spot her.

She is such an uber-whack that she says things like "Adam and Eve were atheists." Seriously. That's over on the "Pastor Explains Anthem" thread if you don't believe me.

Don't feel you have to respond to her. Just enjoy the bent-brain comedy of WonderSpring/Justina/Adelina/Fairgarden/Frederica/et al.

July 2, 2011 at 3:15 am |
  14. fsmgroupie

Christains can only put their gods ( god, jesus, the holy spirit) first or they go to he=ll. If their god tells them to burn the flag then they must burn the flag or they go to he=ll. If their god tells them to c=rap on the const=itution then they must do so or they burn in he=ll. If their god tells them to mo=ck dead soldiers at their funerals then they must do so or they burn in he=ll. There is no denying their god. God first - U.S.A. second!! Christians will not deny this. If they do then they will burn in h=ell. Athiests
    do not have this problem. So who is least patriotic??

July 2, 2011 at 12:02 am |
    • Jim

groupie,

Unfortunately you have no idea of what you ignorantly comment on. Nothing worse than an ignorant believer than an ignorant non-theist believer that thinks he knows what he is ignorant of.

July 2, 2011 at 12:28 am |
    • fsmgroupie

jim
      the ignorance is all yours jim .find me a christian who will place country first and his gods second. not much of a christian is he?a christian might think of himself as being patriotic but his gods will always come first. there is no denying the lord or you will burn in he=ll. ask any christian to put country first and god second and what he says

July 2, 2011 at 1:10 am |
    • TerranRich

That is true. Even Jesus says to abandon your family in service of God. God should come before even your own flesh and blood. It's sad and pathetic, but there are people out there who actually eat that crap up.

July 2, 2011 at 1:29 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

Groupie – You say β€œIf” a awful lot. Let us deal with what is written that we should do. There are a lot of pretty rough stuff we should stuff, but there is so much positive things that the text tells us to do.
      Proverbs 14:31- Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.
      Acts 20:35-38 – In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, β€˜It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”
      Proverbs 19:17 – Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.
      Galatians 6:2 – Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
      You are right though, I am a Christian first. Here is a question though. You stated:
      β€œIf their god tells them”
      I think if you were a Saul type of a person, and God spoke to you, and you as a non-believer confirmed that it was God and he does exist... how much of a Atheist would you be..... or could you be?
      Say you had a road to Damascus moment Groupie... and you knew it was God... and he told you to do something.... would you not do it? See, you opened the door to this question because you said β€œif God told” us something. The Ball is in your court... what if God told you something.

July 2, 2011 at 1:53 am |
    • L.V.

God first, yes, but we can also love and support our country in all, unless it goes against God. Seems, groupie, like you extol following a country blindly even if they're doing things that are morally wrong.

July 2, 2011 at 2:01 am |
    • fsmgroupie

mark from middle river
      god told abraham to kill his own son and abraham said ok, i'll do it. my answer to your god is go fug yourself. but you would kill your own son knowing you would burn in he=ll forever if you didn't. or would you deny your god? yes or no, there are no other possible answers. yes or no

July 2, 2011 at 2:25 am |
    • fsmgroupie

mark from middle river
      according to your bible the abraham story is true .this was not an if situation. so what is your answer? kill your own son or deny your god as i would

July 2, 2011 at 2:41 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

Hi Groupie,

That's pretty interesting. The Abraham scenario is one that is often brought up on Christian blogs and discussions. Once I heard a simple teenager state that if you confirmed it to be God … I mean this enti'ty or whatever actually had you convinced beyond any doubt that you had that he or she is the God...The creator of all things... then his statement was that you doubting someone who you know could raise your child from the dead or take him to Heaven.

You see you said β€œyour God”.... my question still holds, this is something that you can find no reasonable way to doubt that its the almighty … could you still hold that it is my God?

July 2, 2011 at 2:51 am |
    • Electric Larry

So Mark, now you need evidence that it is God? In case you haven't noticed, God does not work that way. Welcome to the other side!

There would of course be no way for Abraham to know that it was not Satan deceiving him.

I'm with Berkeley – I would tell God to fuck off.

July 2, 2011 at 2:59 am |
    • fsmgroupie

mark from middle river
      just answer the question mark. your god is looking into your heart right now. he knows my answer ,it's right there for all to see. what is your answer? yes or no? death or deny?

July 2, 2011 at 3:00 am |
    • fsmgroupie

mark from mr
      i fear your lack of response mark .

July 2, 2011 at 3:29 am |
    • Harold Flyswatter

Oh he'll respond, FSM. Uncouth Marky is a last word fanatic. He will run his badly-constructed arguments into the ground, then find a shovel and keep going.

At some point you have to just let him have his last word. Usually by then he has made an utter fool of himself.

July 2, 2011 at 3:36 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

Hi Larry. The question was to ask Groupie if God appeared before him in some form. Gave un-deniable proof that he was God, would he be able to not do what God asked. He choose Abraham... God spoke directly to Abraham and Abraham knew it to be God. My question was to Groupie was if God did manifest him or herself to Groupie and Groupie knew it was God .. just like Abraham, would he act differentially than Abraham?

Also, if it were satan …. wouldn't that be just as much proof of God as if God stood before you? Come on, use that science... if you run into one then you automatically know that there is the other and that other is the Author of Authors πŸ™‚

Groupie. Yep, because I am a person of Faith and if it was God that manifested himself or herself, then yes, the bidding of God. See, I have Faith that God would take care of my son. My belief is that if faced with the creator of the Universe and all creation... chances are God would have to stop you as well. πŸ™‚

July 2, 2011 at 3:55 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

Harold ... I do not need a shovel ... I can pick up whatever radical or militant atheist that is still standing after the crash and use him or her as a drill bit and keep on going.

Coexistence and tolerance ... its the best weapon to use on extremist on all sides. πŸ™‚

July 2, 2011 at 3:58 am |
    • Calling it

Squirmy Mark will never admit losing badly. Never. Squirmy people don't work that way.

July 2, 2011 at 4:11 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

ok ... **grabs Calling** ... Mantle Crust and then the core ... πŸ˜€ lol

July 2, 2011 at 4:21 am |
    • mist

way to prove calling rite squirmy mark

July 2, 2011 at 4:38 am |
    • fsmgroupie

mark from mr
      does your son know that you would kill him mark? have you told him yet what you are capeable of doing?atleast give him a heads up.

July 2, 2011 at 2:09 pm |
    • mist

squirmy mark probably will not ever have children. that would be good. we dont need more squirmy ppl

July 3, 2011 at 7:32 am |
  15. Mick

I'm not sure why "Atheism is patriotic" (it's a lack of a belief in a god and has nothing to do with politics), or why America should be called "God-less" (it's founded on the right to believe or disbelieve whatever you want). But I love the idea of getting in the face of the religious right. If we need to fill the air with messages reminding these people that they don't have a monopoly on this country, then let's do it!

July 1, 2011 at 11:59 pm |
    • Jim

Yo Mick,

You are right about patriotism not being tied to a belief but you are incorrect about what an atheist is. An atheist believes that there is no god or gods – it is not a lack of belief that makes one an atheist (that makes one an agnostic). An atheist is making a positive claim to truth based on a belief, not the lack of a belief.

July 2, 2011 at 12:30 am |
    • TerranRich

Jim, as an atheist, I can assure you that atheism covers both "strong" atheists ("There is no god") and "weak" atheists ("I don't believe in a god"). Agnostics are a subset of atheists, not a mutually exclusive group.

July 2, 2011 at 1:06 am |
    • Quantum Spin Topology

Atheists are just agnostics with a larger data set. They have positive indication that there is no god to believe in due to overwhelming lack of data to the contrary. Our insistence upon proof is a rational one and a realistic one – one that has worked throughout history. It has the most integrity of any possible position as it insists upon honest and reasonable evidence before saying anything one way or the other.
      And no proof has ever been given, ever, to show that a god exists.
      You say there is a god that is such and so? Then provide proof or we are free to scorn your obvious hoax.

July 2, 2011 at 3:20 am |
  16. ari

these people represent the worst of atheists–those who treat atheism as a religion, and seek to "convert" everyone to their style of thinking. the "atheism is patriotism" smacks of some bizarre communist propaganda from the 70s, and it only serves to make these people look like d*cks for paying so much to broadcast such a dumb message. as a sane atheist who really doesn't care what other people believe in as long as it doesn't impact me, i apologize on their behalf.

July 1, 2011 at 11:38 pm |
  17. WonderSpring

Summary of America: America was created by Christians and belongs to Christians. All others are parasites. Atheists, blasphemists, Sodomites, baby-killing women are bad ones, but Christians love them all and teach them truth. There is Judgment at the end. Filthy, unrepentant USA gets crushed along with all earthly nations.

July 1, 2011 at 11:38 pm |
    • Wonder Spring

And that's just Jesus' love! Wait til you hear about his bad moods!

July 1, 2011 at 11:45 pm |
    • anon

you are everything that is wrong with America

July 1, 2011 at 11:48 pm |
    • Atlantan

You're part of the problem.

July 2, 2011 at 12:00 am |
    • Marlye

How Christ-like of you. Typical closed minded Christian.

July 2, 2011 at 1:05 am |
    • TerranRich

You are a part of the "American Taliban", the fundamentalist Christians who seek to exclude all others, view all others are evil "parasites", and wish to rid all people different from yourself. How are you any different from the extremist Muslims who seek to spread Sharia law? Fundie Christian "law" is bad enough. At least you guys aren't using suicide bombers... YET.

July 2, 2011 at 1:08 am |
    • Simon

Pucker up while I turn around.

July 2, 2011 at 1:14 am |
  18. whybs

Religious discussions beg the practice of peeing on religious materials left in hotels – urine mixes well with dung!

July 1, 2011 at 11:02 pm |
    • John

This is how the athiests speaks of tolerance.

July 1, 2011 at 11:20 pm |
    • LinCA

@John

You said "This is how the athiests (sic) speaks of tolerance."
      You just don't fucking get it, do you?

If you leave that rag in the hotel room that I pay for, you are forcing your delusions on me. Tolerance needs to be earned. If you keep your nonsense out of my life, I will show tolerance towards your religion.

July 2, 2011 at 12:02 am |
    • whybs

Yeah John, you just don't get it! Until you get that stupid fable god out of my face (in god we trust, under god, etc.), I'll keep peeing! πŸ™‚

July 2, 2011 at 2:08 am |
  19. mike

July 1, 2011 at 11:02 pm |
    • whybs

"No one cares." Really? The religious subjugation of non-believers, especially atheists, is rampant.

Why do you think Romney got 90% of the Utah primary votes in 2008?

Only idiots don't see religions as the subjugation of others – without it, religions can't exist.

July 1, 2011 at 11:08 pm |
    • David Johnson

@Mike

You said: "I just find it hilarious that atheists are so sure of themselves yet need to find some kind of approval from the main stream so badly. Grow up. No one cares."

Atheists are sure of ourselves, because we base our atheism upon evidence. Theists on the other hand base their beliefs on faith and an ambiguous bible.

I don't need approval. I just want to show those who have not yet drank the Kool Aid, that what believers say, ain't so.

Cheers!

July 1, 2011 at 11:14 pm |
    • frank

As opposed to seeking approval from a mythical Jewish poltergeist who reigns in the ether somewhere?

July 1, 2011 at 11:30 pm |
    • Ian

@David Johnson

You cannot PROVE a negative, "there is no God".

July 1, 2011 at 11:37 pm |
    • Konrad Vinson

Banners are no more inflammatory or visible than church billboards and crosses and commercials. Nobody wants to change a person of faith's views, no matter what their faith, thats their business. In America faith or lack thereof is equally patriotic. As a veteran, I served with all races, nationalities, and faiths to defend this country so we can all believe, or not believe. That is the greatness of this country. The only thing atheists are doing is talking to their own, the same way you all meet in your churches and temples. Relax. We put of with your advertising, you can put up with ours, unless, of course, you think that the faithful would flock to such a banner. That would explain your fears.

July 1, 2011 at 11:37 pm |
    • kingnpriest

Mike, it is laughable that you believe athiests base their "faith" upon evidence. What evidence would that be? The Bible has a more reliable witness than anything! Scientists have tried to prove it wrong and have been unsuccessful, and most end up believing it. All of antiquity testifies to it's accuracy. The resurrection of Jesus Christ is a historical fact. The idea that you choose to disregard all this, and cling to athiesm is foolish. Psalm 14:1 "The fool says in his heart there is no God" Your eternal destiny hangs in the balance of belief or unbelief, Mark 16:16 Don't be faithless but believe!! John 17:3

July 1, 2011 at 11:45 pm |
    • Electric Larry

Ian, really. While there is no way to prove that something non-existant does not exist, every bit of evidence in the world, from physics to chemistry to mathematics, just every last part of the physical world gives absolutely no indication that there is anything supernatural at all. Based on that incredible amount of evidence, the probability that there is a God would be infintessimally small.

If you analyze religions, their contradictions and highly inadequate explanations for things such as the problem of evil and the creation of the world make the probability that any of them are the true religion to be the same level of extreme improbability, equal to the existence of leprechauns.

So Ian, there actually is an absolutely massive amount of evidence that there is no God – it's everything in the world (okay, except the Bible and other religious texts, which incidentally disagree with each other so much that they too cast further doubt).

July 1, 2011 at 11:55 pm |
    • I_get_it

@kingnpriest:
      "Scientists have tried to prove it wrong and have been unsuccessful, and most end up believing it. "
      – No, they don't.
      _______________________________

"The resurrection of Jesus Christ is a historical fact."
      – No, it isn't.

July 1, 2011 at 11:56 pm |
    • Electric Larry

kingnpriest, I am asking you to provide evidence of the following statements, because they sound like total bullshit:

"Scientists have tried to prove it wrong and have been unsuccessful, and most end up believing it."

"All of antiquity testifies to it's accuracy."

"The resurrection of Jesus Christ is a historical fact."

July 2, 2011 at 12:00 am |
    • kingnpriest

Lots of ignorence on here tonight!! All I can say is if I live my life believing in what I believe and end up wrong, I will be none the worse off. If you live your life the way you do, and end up wrong, you have an eternity of misery in the lake of fire,
      Revelation 20:15 Is it worth the gamble? Your mortality is what you should question! Christ is the giver of eternal life, all a gift of grace!

July 2, 2011 at 12:02 am |
    • ProudAtheist

"Bible has a more reliable witness than anything" To what the apparent killing of millions of people all in the name of your fictional god many at his own hands? To the apparent flooding of the entire earth then the apparent repopulation of the planet by allowing incest among Noah's family? The bible is just a story told to strike fear in the weak minded and using it to control them by thinking there is a being and if they don't follow exactly what he says to do he will either kill them or send them to some place called hell. Actually it is you that cling to your beliefs because you fear reality and what you can't explain you say your god or satan did it.

July 2, 2011 at 12:06 am |
    • kingnpriest

Killing? Most of the killing in the name of God has been done by Catholics, who are not Christians, and Muslims, who are not Christians. True believers do not kill people! They live in love. Most of you athiests have been turned off by religious people masquerading as Christians. The Noahic flood was accomplished to rid the earth of the evil offspring of the fallen angels and daughters of men, called the Nephalim. Noahs sons took their wives aboard the Ark, and repopulated the planet afterwards. Genesis 6-8 The entire purpose of this current re-creation of planet earth, is to covenant humans with God. The original sin was that of Lucifer in the dateless past, eons ago, resulting in the flood of Genesis 1:1, and the subsequent renovation. Upon the culmination of this plan, evil will be thrown down forever, and the earth will again be re-created. Revelation 20,21 Those in covenant with Christ, being redeemed by HIs blood, will reign forever throughout eternity with Him as Kings and Priests. Now, how awesome is that!

July 2, 2011 at 12:23 am |
    • I_get_it

@kingnpriest: "All I can say is if I live my life believing in what I believe and end up wrong, I will be none the worse off."

You talk about ignorance - those folks at religion class don't tell you about Pascal's Wager? - it has been around since the 1700s and has been thoroughly refuted.

- What if you are wrong... and Allah, Ra, or Zeus, or Horus (or any of the other tens of thousands of gods dreamed up over the centuries) turns out to be the real "God" - most of them are very jealous and vengeful and will send you to one gol-derned nasty place or the other?

- What if you are wrong... and the real "God" hates clueless sycophants and likes people who use their reason and logic to try to get along in life?

- What if you are wrong... and the real "God" knows that you were believing just to cover your azz and gets real miffed by that?

July 2, 2011 at 12:35 am |
    • Electric Larry

kingnpriest, I am again asking you to provide evidence of the following statements, because they sound like total bullshit:

"All of antiquity testifies to it's accuracy."

"The resurrection of Jesus Christ is a historical fact."

July 2, 2011 at 12:44 am |
    • Electric Larry

Are you out anything if you are wrong about God? In concrete terms, the damage on this Earth to you personally if you are wrong about God is:

All the money you gave churches. A total waste of your hard-earned money.

All the time you spent in church and trying to make sense of the Bible and talking about it and thinking about it. Your time is all you really have in this life, and if there is no God, you squandered that precious time with which you could have done a LOT of other things.

You have helped spread the waste of time and money and political oppression to other people, whose lives and the lives of those around them are lessened. Your children in particular would be hurt if there is no God.

Any vote you made based on religion – you have probably

All bigotries based on religion hurt other humans, especially if there is no God. You have probably hurt people based on your God, especially by voting. Similarly, a lot ofsocial legislation based on religion has a negative effect which you helped bring about – think of how far we would be with stem-cell research by now if it weren't for religion, and how many lives that could have been vastly improved were not?

Many negative political events, like the war in Iraq and the use of torture were strongly supported by religion in America. Would W Bush have been elected if there was no religious right to support him? Would Iran be trying to make nuclear weapons to use against us if there was no Allah, and hence no Khomenei?

If God did not exist and everyone knew it, there would not have been any Israeli-Palestinian conflict, no holocaust, no witch burnings, no inquisitions, no 300 years of Catholic-Protestant warfare in Europe, no 9/11, and countless other atrocities and wars in the name of God.

Religion has a HUGE negative social cost, both personally and to the human race.

In simpler terms, you are out a lot if there is no God, and so is your family, and so is the world. And it is all unnecessary.

July 2, 2011 at 2:41 am |
    • David Johnson

@Ian

You said: "base our atheism upon evidence"? What "evidence"? You mean the "illusion" of evidence.
      You cannot PROVE a negative, "there is no God".

Actually, since it is the believers that are positing a god, it would be their burden to supply evidence that god does indeed exist.

Extraordinary claims, requires extraordinary evidence – Carl Sagan

You are right. No one can prove a negative. I can't prove that god does not exist. I also can't prove Santa Claus does not exist. But in life, we decide what is real and not real, based on what we feel is probable.

In the real world, any object that provides no evidence for its existence is classified as imaginary.

I think we can rule out god, in the same way we rule out any other mythological creature. I can't prove vampires or werewolves or fairies don't exist. But, I bet you would agree, that they are not real. They just don't fit in with reality.

So, we can look for attributes of god, that should provide evidence that He exists.
      If positive evidence is found, we should conclude that god probably exists.
      If positive evidence is not found, then we should conclude that the Christian God, beyond a reasonable doubt, does not exist. Just like Santa. Just like fairies. Just like vampires.

One of the most compelling reasons for rejecting god, is the fact that there are so many versions of god(s). Some, not even human (The elephant-faced god – Ganesha etc.). Each religion, each denomination of each religion, defines god's wants differently. All of these religions cannot be right. But they can all be wrong.
      Perhaps man has not yet found the one true god, or perhaps He does not exist.

Christians claim their god is Omnipotent ( all powerful), Omniscient (all knowing) and Omnibenevolent (all good).

1.If god is Omnibenevolent, He would WANT every human to believe in Him.
      The bible says He does:
      2 Peter 3:9
      9The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. King James Version (KJV)

1 Timothy 2:4
      4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. King James Version (KJV)

2. If god is Omniscient, then He would KNOW exactly how to convince anyone and everyone that He exists.

3. If god is Omnipotent, then He would be ABLE to convince anybody and everybody that He exists.

Yet, ~ 68% of the world's population are not Christians.

Therefore, the Christian god is very unlikely to exist.

In the same vein as the above, notice how many denominations of Christianity there are (~ 34,000). Each denomination can show you scripture, that "proves" they understand the wants of Jesus/god.
      All of the denominations could not be correctly interpreting the bible. Many are contradictory.
      Many of these denominations believe only their members will be saved.
      If the Christian god exists, and He is all knowing and all powerful and all good, why didn't He provide a bible that could not be misinterpreted? That everyone's comprehension of His wants would be the same?
      Christians believe god's purpose in creating the Bible is to guide human beings towards a knowledge of God, and to help them lead moral lives, Christians must be certain of the meaning of the Bible.

ambiguity – a word or expression that can be understood in two or more possible ways : an ambiguous word or expression.

"There are in excess of 1,000 Christian faith groups in North America. They teach diverse beliefs about the nature of Jesus, God, the second coming, Heaven, Hell, the rapture, criteria for salvation, speaking in tongues, the atonement, what happens to persons after death, and dozens of other topics.

On social controversies, faith groups teach a variety of conflicting beliefs about abortion access, equal rights for ho_mo$exuals and bi$exuals, who should be eligible for marriage, the death penalty, physician assisted suicide, human $exuality topics, origins of the universe, and dozens of other topics.

The groups all base their theological teachings on the Bible. Generally speaking, the theologians in each of these faith groups are sincere, intelligent, devout, thoughtful and careful in their interpretation of the Bible. But, they come to mutually exclusive conclusions about what it teaches. Further, most are absolutely certain that their particular interpretations are correct, and that the many hundreds of faith groups which teach opposing beliefs are in error." Source: Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance

If the bible is ambiguous, then it cannot be said to be inerrant.

The Christian god is very unlikely to exist.

Another reason to reject the idea of a god, is because there appears to be no need for one. Each hour of each day, science fills another gap in man's knowledge, that god once filled. So far, science has found no need for a god.
      We don't want to postulate what isn't necessary.

John 3:16 – For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

If the Christian god so loves the world, why does he allow / cause so much suffering? Disease, famine, floods, earthquakes etc. ad infinitum, ad nauseum. ?

I can explain the existence of these horrors as being due to natural causes and evolution, but my explanation fails when I include an all loving Creator in the equation. I keep getting a "Can't divide by zero" error.

Christians say their god is omnibenevolent (all good); omnipotent (all powerful); omniscient ( all knowing)

1. If the Christian god is all knowing, He would be AWARE of all the suffering on earth.

2. If the Christian god is all good, He would WANT to rid the world of suffering / evil.

3. If the Christian god is all powerful, He would be ABLE to rid the world of suffering / evil.

4. Yet, evil persists.

Therefore, The Christian god is very unlikely to exist.

The Christian god is said to be omniscient and omnipotent. But these attributes are not compatible.

If the Christian god is all knowing, if the future can be known, then even god would be bound by events in the future. Everything would be predetermined.

1. If the Christian god, knows what will happen in the future, and does something else...then, He is not all knowing.

2. If the Christian god knows the future and cannot change it, then He is not all powerful.

3. The attributes attributed to the Christian god conflict with one another.

The Christian god with these attributes cannot exist.

Evolution, with its evidence of transitional fossils, geological column, DNA evidence, vestigial organs etc., is very damning to the biblical Creation Story.

If god created all the organisms on the planet, then He must have created even the diseases that have caused and are causing so much death and misery for humans and animals. He would have had to fashion the tick and the flea. The mosquito and blood flukes. And worms that bore into a child's eye.

How could an all good god do such a thing? Why would He spend His time creating gruesome things to cause human suffering? Yet, these horrors exist. And if god didn't create them, who did?

Evolution explains the diversity of the planet's organisms, including the pathogens and the parasites that have caused so much human death and misery.

If the Creation Story is a fable, then Adam and Eve did not exist.

If Adam and Eve did not exist, then there was no original sin.

If there was no original sin, then it cannot be the reason god allows so much suffering in the world. We can dump the guilt trip.

If there was no original sin, then there was no need for a redeemer.

If there was no redeemer, then Christianity is a based on a false premise.

"If we cannot believe in the First Adam, why believe in the Last [Christ]?" 1 Corinthians15:45

If the Creation story is a myth, then there is no reason to believe any of the bible.

If we evolved, there is no soul –> no afterlife –> no need of a heaven or hell.
      LOL, which is why the Evangelicals fight so hard against evolution.

Evolution is the Christian god's Achilles' heel.

The Christian god is no more likely to exist than unicorns, satyrs, fiery serpents, or talking snakes.

Cheers!

July 2, 2011 at 8:56 am |
  20. Midwestmatt

I am, for all intents and purposes, an atheist. I do not believe in a benevolent and sometimes malevolent, all powerful being who looks anything like me and who smites me should I misbehave.

That being said, I have absolutely zero issue with people who believe in a god or their God. I am comfortable enough to accept others despite my differences in opinion and beliefs and to love them as humans and creatures of the world.

Loving others has nothing to do with a belief in a deity. My moral compass was given to me by my atheist mother who never told me how to believe or what to believe. My parents taught me right from wrong and to love others unconditionally without a thought about getting anything in kind. All my compassion for others flows from my belief that we are here to love one another and that belief did not come from a church or a religious text. It comes from my connection with others and the conviction that humanity is one and that our shared connections are the most vital and important thing we have.

Should others not want to fly a message of atheism tacked on to a plane, then who cares? That is their right and I have no problem with it. No one should because in this country we have the right to say no in a civil tone just as all these pilots appear to have done.

July 1, 2011 at 10:50 pm |
    • Jenn

Amen! πŸ˜‰

July 1, 2011 at 10:57 pm |
    • John

The problem with the banners is that they are inflammatory and that is their only purpose. You cannot tell me atheists truly believe a christian will look up at that banner and consider giving up their faith over a sign that says "godless america". This leaves only one logical conclusion, childish mocking intended only to hurt the believer. Its sad really, i would think athiests stood for something stronger

July 1, 2011 at 11:20 pm |
    • ProudAtheist

If a message is to be flown, it should be something that doesn't attack religion directly. Something like "Atheist do believe in something...freedom" would be better than what is going to be flown. All this is going to do is have a bunch of religious people flying over the country with their own banners filling the air with their messages. There is enough of their messages filling the airwaves already [how many religious cable channels are there now?] ... don't need to polute the sky with it as well. Yes these Atheist messages doesn't need to polute the skies either. I know what I am and don't care what you are.

July 2, 2011 at 12:17 am |
    • kingnpriest

Where did your parents learn right from wrong? The Bible says that the law of God is written on our hearts, Romans 2:14-16. This is why we have a conscience! You know when you are doing wrong. Obviously God is not looking down on you ready to hit you over the head when you misbehave, that is a misconception of God. If you get yourself in trouble, you have sown seeds of destruction which you now reap, due to your own actions. But, God is merciful through Christ, and would that all come to repentance and join in the eternal life which is available through Jesus Christ, who is the author and finisher of our faith. John 14:6

July 2, 2011 at 12:44 am |