home
RSS
My Take: Why evangelicals should stop evangelizing
Carl Medearis with Sheikh Nabil Qawouk Hezbollah’s number two leader.
July 24th, 2011

My Take: Why evangelicals should stop evangelizing

Editor's Note: Carl Medearis is an international expert in Arab-American and Muslim-Christian relations and is author of the book Speaking of Jesus: The Art of Not-Evangelism.

By Carl Medearis, Special to CNN

Let’s do an exercise. I want you to fill in the blank on what you think you know about me based on what I’m about to tell you.

Here goes: Twenty years ago, I became a missionary. My wife and I left our home in Colorado Springs, Colorado to move to Beirut, Lebanon. Our job description was to plant churches and evangelize to Muslims.

Based on what I just said, Carl Medearis is a ______________ .

Depending on your background, the blank may look something like this:

Carl Medearis is a... hero of the Christian faith, a saintly super-man willing to sacrifice the comforts of home in order to share the love of Jesus Christ with those who have never heard the gospel.

Or this:

Carl Medearis is a... right-wing extremist who destroys cultures, tears apart families and paves the way for neo-colonialist crusaders to invade, occupy and plunder the resources of local populations.

Quite a range, isn’t it?

For one group of people, the words “evangelist” and “missionary” bring to mind pious heroes performing good deeds that are unattainable for the average Christian. For another group, those same words represent just about everything that’s wrong with the world.

I understand the confusion.

Based on my experiences of living and traveling around the world, I know that religion is often an identity marker that determines people’s access to jobs, resources, civil liberties and political power.

When I lived in Lebanon I saw firsthand how destructive an obsession with religious identity could be. Because of the sectarian nature of Lebanese politics, modern Lebanese history is rife with coups, invasions, civil wars and government shutdowns.

When I tell my Christian friends in America that some of the fiercest militias were (and are) Christian, most are shocked. It doesn’t fit the us-versus-them mentality that evangelism fosters, in which we are always the innocent victims and they are always the aggressors.

This us-versus-them thinking is odd, given that Jesus was constantly breaking down walls between Jews and Gentiles, rich and poor, men and women, sinners and saints. That’s why we have the parable of the Good Samaritan.

Jews in Jesus’ day thought of the Samaritans as the violent heretics, much the same way that Christians think of Muslims today. The idea that a Samaritan could be good was scandalous to first century Jews.

Jesus was the master of challenging religious prejudice and breaking down sectarian walls. Why do so many Christians want to rebuild those walls?

Even the Apostle Paul insisted that it’s faith in Jesus that matters, not converting to a new religion or a new socio-religious identity.

What if evangelicals today, instead of focusing on “evangelizing” and “converting” people, were to begin to think of Jesus not as starting a new religion, but as the central figure of a movement that transcends religious distinctions and identities?

Jesus the uniter of humanity, not Jesus the divider. How might that change the way we look at others?

This is more than just a semantic difference.

When I used to think of myself as a missionary, I was obsessed with converting Muslims (or anybody for that matter) to what I thought of as “Christianity.” I had a set of doctrinal litmus tests that the potential convert had to pass before I would consider them “in” or one of “us.”

Funny thing is, Jesus never said, “Go into the world and convert people to Christianity.” What he said was, “Go and make disciples of all nations.”

Encouraging anyone and everyone to become an apprentice of Jesus, without manipulation, is a more open, dynamic and relational way of helping people who want to become more like Jesus — regardless of their religious identity.

Just because I believe that evangelicals should stop evangelizing doesn’t mean that they should to stop speaking of Jesus.

I speak of Jesus everywhere I go and with everyone I meet.

As founder and president of a company called International Initiatives, my work is aimed at building relationships among Christian leaders in the West and among Muslim leaders in the Middle East.

It may come as a surprise to many Christians that Muslims are generally open to studying the life of Jesus as a model for leadership because they revere him as a prophet.

But now that I’m no longer obsessed with converting people to Christianity, I’ve found that talking about Jesus is much easier and far more compelling.

Jesus met people where they were. Instead of trying to figure out who’s “in” and who’s “out,” why don’t we simply invite people to follow Jesus — and let Jesus run his kingdom?

Inviting people to love, trust, and follow Jesus is something the world can live with. And since evangelicals like to say that it’s not about religion, but rather a personal relationship with Jesus, perhaps we should practice what we preach.

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Carl Medearis.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Christianity • Interfaith issues • Opinion

soundoff (3,792 Responses)
  1. Terre08

It would be great if they stopped that. Would save my dog's teeth as I set him on the Jehovas Witnesses and the Mormons knocking at my door.

July 24, 2011 at 12:40 pm |
    • John

get em Fido...would "LOVE" to see that.you-tube in future please...

July 24, 2011 at 12:50 pm |
  2. Bucky Ball

My theory of evangelization is that it is two things. One, ( for "students"), it is a way of training them to deal with the questions and atti'tudes they will face when they start doing it "for real". Two, for the fully indoctrinated, it is a measure of insecurity. They need to repeatedly reassure themselves that the nonsense isn't really nonsense. If you can get someone else to buy it too, then maybe you feel it's not such nonsense. It's a constant temperature taking.

July 24, 2011 at 12:39 pm |
  3. biblicalmissiology

Carl Medearis is part of a movement called the "Insider Movement". This is more of a universalist philosophy than it is Christianity. While his words seem very sweet and loving, they are a watering down of the gospel. The statement, "I believe that doctrine is important, but it’s not more important than following Jesus." says it all. Carl isn't worried about being biblically correct. He is more worried about following his perceptions of Jesus as a universalist. For more information on the Insider Movement, check out the blog: Biblical Missiology http://BiblicalMissiology.org

July 24, 2011 at 12:39 pm |
    • John

Why must yall always stuff everything in a neat little box? Look out the window and see the beauty of the diverse universe out there.My way,my way,my way, yall act like little kids...

July 24, 2011 at 12:43 pm |
    • E. Galois

I suspect the author has realized that phrases like "biblically correct" are not well understood and that one needs experiences like his time in Lebanon to understand the Gospels better. Try something. Ask ten Christians a question about something from the Gospels. But make sure you ask a variety of ten Christians and not just your ten friends you sit with every Sunday morning. I'm sure you'll get at *least* ten different answers...

July 24, 2011 at 12:50 pm |
    • farmerjeani

We, as Christians, follow Jesus. What could be more important than Jesus' teachings? The old testament? It's a collection of history, stories and morality tales. It isn't even consistent in its teachings. Perhaps, as so many Christians, you elevate Paul above Jesus? I think if the apostle Paul had known how much of Christianity would hang on his letters, he never would have written. And then there is the problem of all the various voices who have translated and destroyed the original writings. THE ONLY WAY to go in this world is to follow Jesus' words. He didn't say, 'I'm just gonna jot this here stuff down for you people to follow, he didn't say, 'Go out among the people and write my words down', He didn't even say 'make sure you get it right!' He said "I will send the comforter (Holy Spirit) to lead and guide you.' You who think the bible is inerrant violate every principle Jesus came to make known.

July 24, 2011 at 12:58 pm |
    • Ben

Guys, Universalism is a belief that all humanity will be saved – Carl doesn't have that mindset. He believes its only through Jesus that anyone will be saved.

Following Jesus is mentioned a lot more than doctrine in the Bible, so his statement is biblical. Love you all, and keep seeking first the Kingdom!

July 24, 2011 at 1:29 pm |
  4. John

Very well said brother... A christian who understands Jesus.....go figure...

July 24, 2011 at 12:39 pm |
  5. E. Galois

After reading many of these comments it is clear to me that the posters have blinders on and are not accustomed to asking questions and challenging their reality. What truly validates the author's column is his experience in Lebanon. It's vital for people like him to have first-hand experience to go along with his knowledge of the Gospels. This allows him to synthesize a clearer picture of reality and have a wider view of the world. So, for those of you that think he's wrong because you feel that evangelicals should evangelize ad infinitum, remember the other half of the people that he refers to in the beginning of his column. The half that view evangelicals has "extremists". Let me affirm for you that this half definitely exists. So if you're going to have any luck spreading The Word, you really need to humble yourself and reread the column.

July 24, 2011 at 12:39 pm |
    • rob

Thank you E. Galois

July 24, 2011 at 12:58 pm |
  6. Bryan

Another false prophet has reared his head.

July 24, 2011 at 12:38 pm |
  7. Bryan

This missionary has quite possibly never opened a Bible and read the Gospels where Jesus commanded his followers to go into the world and lead others to him (read the last couple of verses of Matthew). He also stated the the world will hate us because of Him and so on. I would disregard much of what this guy has to say.

July 24, 2011 at 12:38 pm |
    • John

you are afraid my friend,fear is blinding you...pull your head out of the bucket,begin to love and be loved. 2 different people can read the exact same thing and get different meanings. who is right?who is wrong?really brother,how many different christian churches do we need? faith,faith,faith,faith,faith........ugggghhhh....

July 24, 2011 at 12:48 pm |
    • rob

Bryan: Jesus never said anywhere in the Bible to go out and turn people into Christians. Remember Jesus was a JEW! not a CHRISTIAN!

July 24, 2011 at 12:56 pm |
    • farmerjeani

Brian, I am sorry but you are the one that is blind. You obviously have the net. Do some biblical research. You will then discover that 2/3 of Matthew was added hundreds of years after Jesus' death, therefore, NOT the words of Matthew the disciple. Jesus knew this would happen, as it happened with the ancient scriptures; man has an addiction to editing and re editing. You have learned your faith from other men who taught you how to interpret the bible according to THEIR understanding. Throw all of that stuff out. Start praying and learning the answers yourself. Christianity was not meant to be based on the fear of burning in hell, it was meant to be an understanding of God's love for all people-no matter by what name they call themselves or God. Surely you believe in one God? So what does it matter that not all nations call him by his English name? What matters is the incredible continuity between the faiths of all the world. Please wake up and live the life God intended for you before it is too late!

July 24, 2011 at 1:06 pm |
  8. rob

First of all this is a very good and inspiring article. The one thing that most Christians seem to ignor is that Jesus Christ was not a Christian he was a Jew

July 24, 2011 at 12:37 pm |
  9. HK observer

The Ole Bullsh!t Detector Is Going Off Again is quite correct. I can absolutely agree with his/her opinion.
    This pastor is a deluded mess of religious bullcr@p! He is so zombified by the christian faith that he not only believes he is correct in changing tactics he is now doing it by lying even to himself about what he is doing.
    Religion can justify anything.
    This is a great example of why I have NO respect for deeply religious (esp judeoxians) people.

July 24, 2011 at 12:37 pm |
    • Ryan Speicher

HK would you say there are no people we can be respectful who are deeply religious? Mother Teresea, Martin Luther King Jr., William Wilberforce (worked tirelessly to end the slave trade in the British Empire)...surely not all deeply religious people are unworthy of any respect.
      I agree with you that you can TWIST religion to justify anything...but with Christ there is a true core message that people can decipher. There's a difference between the two.

July 24, 2011 at 2:34 pm |
  10. myway

How come the sheikh isn't smiling?

July 24, 2011 at 12:36 pm |
  11. JAB

See the two nut jobs in the photo? One is happy and one is not. The happy one (the author) looks delirious. The muslim looks like he is biding his time, waiting for the opportunity to strike. The christian looks clueless.
    Anyone who talks about their faith "everywhere I go and with everyone I meet" is an idiot who is clearly insecure with their beliefs. What makes you think people want to hear your BS? Keep your retarded beliefs to yourselves. Atheists don't push atheism we only go on the offense when its brought up by prostletyzers, like the guy above.

July 24, 2011 at 12:36 pm |
    • Ryan Speicher

Hey JAB sorry to say man but you've just done the very thing you have condemned. In saying that anyone who pushes their beliefs is wrong and an idiot, you have just given your views to us and "pushed" your views on us. You could just as easily say who wants to hear your views?...or that you should keep your "retarded views" to yourself. I'm just saying the logic goes both ways. Also atheists do push their views on people...Richard Dawkins and Chris Hitchens to name a few are very focused on "prosletyzing" their message.

July 24, 2011 at 12:49 pm |
    • rob

Yo Jab: You atheist say you don't believe in God but you are obsessed with religion every time something about God is written you all come on the attack If you really don't believe in anything just ignor what people write about God. I think you guys actually believe in a higher power but something bad hapened in your life and you think you should reject God beause he let you down. Man has made God in his own image that's why so many people are angry at God. I was once religious but i choose to call myself spiritual. I have friends of all faiths A few are atheiest they are not extreme and we always get along.

July 24, 2011 at 12:53 pm |
  12. Jules

But Jesus IS Christianity so how can someone say that he didn't reflect Christian values and behavior? As far as I know, there's no Jesus in the Muslim faith and many others. So if our lives reflect the way Jesus lived, it seems we're spreading Christianity.

July 24, 2011 at 12:35 pm |
    • willie

If you were to read the quran you would find that jesus was a prophet to the moslems. Most christians are afraid to read anything other than christian books and novels. A sign of doubt for sure. It can't hurt you to read, it will only open your eyes.

July 24, 2011 at 12:47 pm |
    • Ben

"Jesus is Christianity"??? the word Christianity isn't even in the Bible. Jesus didn't come to start a new religion. Jesus is the answer, not Christianity... Jesus brings life, not the religious rules of Christianity.

July 24, 2011 at 12:57 pm |
    • farmerjane

1st, chrstians are not following Jesus, they are supposedly following the bible (which they don't do). Christians are following Paul, who didn't even know Jesus. 2nd, Jesus was not a Christian, he was a Jew. The Christianity (for want of a better term) that followed Jesus when he was alive and up until his death..........died with Jesus.

July 24, 2011 at 1:08 pm |
    • farmerjane

To Ben: WOW, you are so right on. I love it.

July 24, 2011 at 1:11 pm |
    • Pepe

As a follower of the risen Christ, I respectfully disagree with you, and if Jesus was physically with us, he would probably tell you the same. That's the point of this article – Jesus is not about Christianity, but about a way of life. It was after he died and rose again that some of his followers decided to "pigeonhole" what he was about. I could care less what denomination or faith you belong to and/or believe in. At the end of the day, done of it is going to strengthen your personal relationship with God as well as following what Jesus said, how he lived his life and trying your best to emulate it.

July 24, 2011 at 1:26 pm |
    • John

Jesus is Christianity? Really? Which one? Roman Catholicism? Protestant? Eastern Orthodox? Pentecostal? American? Which Christianity do you think actually represents Jesus Christ?

July 24, 2011 at 10:03 pm |
  13. Ryan Speicher

This article raises more questions than answers. "I believe that doctrine is important, but it’s not more important than following Jesus." What is the doctrine that he is referring to? How important are these doctrines? What does it mean to follow Jesus? How did Christ define what it meant to follow him? I think this author is trying to seperate the the "sting" of Jesus message from a life that includes following him, which unfortunately is biblically impossible. Christ's call to take up our cross and identify with him meant that we would face as much criticism as he did (Matt. 10:25). If following Jesus meant we don't have to confess Him and worship Him as God, then his death was in vain, and he was either a lunatic or liar not worthy of anyone's worship.

July 24, 2011 at 12:35 pm |
    • Bryan

Well said Ryan. This guy has fallen off the wagon apparently.

July 24, 2011 at 12:40 pm |
    • Richard S Kaiser

Hello Ryan,

You make sense in that it Raises rather than Lowers the Theological Questions. I think the author wants to just try and get people to But His Book that One is sent to if one clicks on His Name or the other Highlighted in dark blue.

July 24, 2011 at 12:41 pm |
    • Pepe

I agree with you to a point. I consider myself a follower of the risen Christ and was born into an extremely strict Pentecostal home. While young, I was taught to believe that getting into heaven and knowing Christ involved adhering to a long list of "do's and don'ts" In having a similar discussion with friends who happen to be Jewish the other night, we all came to the same conclusion – Jew or Gentile, Muslim or Buddhist, Christ is the same today, as he was yesterday, as he will be tomorrow. Just find yourself to him first, and everything else will work itself out – doctrine and all.

July 24, 2011 at 1:37 pm |
  14. Lauren CK

Fabjan, I explain the verses in Matthew 10 which you refer to as Jesus meaning his teachings will divide households like a sword divides things. And people will either believe him and follow him or they won't. And that because he is God incarnate, he is saying each person in a family will have to decide whether to believe and follow him, or not....and that if you are to be his follower, you must place Him and his teachings even above your own family, in spite of the unrest and tensions this may cause in your family. Because he is God he also teaches in Exodus to honor your father and mother, we know it is the heart of God to love,honor and respect our parents and families. But not to put our family's teachings above God himself.
    Also the teachings in Matthew 10 follow up to his teachings in Matthew 5 in which Jesus refers to loving and praying for not only your family and neighbors but also and especially for your enemies, as a critical aspect of being his followers.

He also refers to being the Prince of Peace and sending the Holy Spirit whose fruit is Peace.

In short he came to bring the unfailing love, grace, forgiveness of God to ALL HUMANITY, which results in peace. And those who follow him MUST do the same. But he also knew this was a radical message that not everyone would believe or follow. And he knew that it would cause unrest, divisions, tensions in families and among nations. And he wants his followers to believe and follow and be his ambassadors for GRACE (undeserved forgiveness and mercy for our sins that cannot be earned thru our own actions). Even if it causes division in your family. Don't make idols of your family members and put their agenda ahead of God's. Follow him to walk in radical levels of Godly Love. And put this agenda (ie God's agenda) ahead of everything and everyone else.

July 24, 2011 at 12:34 pm |
    • David

What's with all the CAPS? Do you think if you shout that your words have more meaning? No, it just shows your insecurity in them.

July 24, 2011 at 12:51 pm |
  15. Bibletruth

Bible religion can never be proven wrong. However, it can be proven right up to a point. Non bible religion can be proven wrong if the standard of proof is something that can not be proven wrong. And non-bible religion cannot be proven right at all. The reason bible religion can be proven "up to a point" only is because God is deity (that is, is om-..., om-.... and om-....) and a human can never be deity, So there always has to be an element of faith. However, God goes so far with revealing his truth (the proof is fulfilled prohecy and so much of it ) that no rational human being can deny it, and this proof is given in ONLY one place- the bible. And it is based on this proof that one can readily discern if any religion claiming to be truth, actually is. And this proof shows that no religion is the true religion except bible religion, not Roman Catholicism, not Islam, Not buddism, not mormonism, not any religion that is not bible religion. No one has to get mad with someone because they claim a certain religion is the truth or that a certain religion is not the truth. All they have to do is check it out themselves. And in the interest of not wasting time, do the Bible first, as it is the only book of the proof. That will put you into the truth. Then check out other religions of your interest or notice and quickly see if they have such proof- they dont. So being honest of heart, you go back to the bible. Then, remembering that the bible puts you under the christian umbrella, you can concentrate on which sect/denomination/group, etc. actually is following the bible. This is also a easy process. The first question to ask is who believes that Jesus is fully God (i.e.= to the Father) as the bible clearly presents him to be. Who believes that Jesus in his incarnation was also truly man, that is born of a women (that is, possessing the nature of man post fall) and born of the Holy Spirit (sinless) and that He never sinned. Another question : are the ten commandments, as presented in the bible, accepted as Gods standard of rightousness, the very expression of the character of God and that violation of said commandments is sin. This question eliminates almost all of the denominations, sects, groups, etc. from consideration as true bible followers. And there are other important questions that can be asked also.

July 24, 2011 at 12:32 pm |
    • TC

I know that if you what you wrote were true that would awesome but you are not looking at it truthfully or realistically. As long as there is a man involved (regardless of how holy) the organized church (religion) even though based on the Bible is flawed and will screw up. If you are your own church – God help you because you do not have enough intellect or faith to interpret the Bible yourself.

July 24, 2011 at 12:38 pm |
    • Vince

This may be the craziest thing I have ever read. "Bible religion can never be proven wrong." Certainly not if you refuse to listen to facts and reason. I have heard people say that the bible is inerrant and nothing in it is incorrect. That would mean if you find one disprovable story then the whole book is up for question. However, if you truly believe that a boat the size of a football field could hold MILLIONS of animals then there is obviously no reasoning with you as you are truly an unreasonable person.

July 24, 2011 at 12:45 pm |
    • Free

Vince
      "Bible religion can never be proven wrong."
      In a court of law it would be easy, but in any case there are always those who have faith in the accused being either guilty or innocent contrary to what the verdict comes out as. Many parents of convicted murderers refuse to accept the reality of what their children did, for example.

July 24, 2011 at 12:55 pm |
  16. Ron

I agree completely! If you have to sell your religion, evangelize, what good is it, honestly? Your actions alone should inspire people to join if that were the case. And even then, if others don't join your religion, the fact that it has inspired them to do greater kindness in the world should be reward enough. But unfortunately that isn't the case as you have all these various denominations all clamoring, claiming that they alone have the "truth". What they have is an over abundance of arrogance and self-righteousness. Unfortunately, there are those who believe that they have to a number count so their reward will be greater, purely selfish.

July 24, 2011 at 12:30 pm |
    • Vince

This is a great point! Many times I've been approached by people who act as if Christianity is a new product. Of course I've heard of Jesus, read the bible, and I likely know more about the religion than the strict adherents. Christianity at this point is like McDonald's no need to really advertise much more than a slight reminder. I have really been turned off by all these pro-war Christians who are more concerned with wealth than living like Christ.

July 24, 2011 at 1:02 pm |
  17. TC

I agree that evangelicals do not represent Christianity very well with the "push Jesus/Christianity down your throat or go to hell" method. However, the author's article is a non-story becasue he doesn;t even understand scripture – he writes" He didn't say convert but go and make dsciples" Making disciples of CHrist is asking those to convert to following Christ and leaving their previous life and beliefs behind. However, the best way to do this is by how we act and live. St Francis of Assisi said "Preach the Gospel at all times and use words when necessary"

July 24, 2011 at 12:28 pm |
    • Free

I agree with you. Muslims, Hindus, Taoists and even atheists can all appreciate Jesus as a moral teacher, but to insist that "it’s faith in Jesus that matters" pushes the whole set of supernatural beliefs about the man and that's where the problem arises. These beliefs simply do not work in any other view of the universe but a Christian one. Thus conversion really is necessary for someone to have 'faith' in Jesus.

July 24, 2011 at 12:46 pm |
    • Vince

The problem with people only following the bible as truth is that its inconsistencies restrict society. The Sun would still be revolving around the flat Earth if we only trusted in the bible. We would all still believe that 2 of every animal could fit on a boat that's the size of a football field. Instead we have used our reasoning skills, science and facts rather than blindly following a story that is obviously not without error.

July 24, 2011 at 1:23 pm |
  18. The Ole Bullsh!t Detector Is Going Off Again

What a bullshit article. He changes his style of evangelizing and pretends it is not evangelizing. Classic Christian bullshit.

Evangelizing IS an act of dividing, of creating conflict in communities.

And if he knew anything about world history, he would know that Christian factions have been very violent – the Lebanese Christians should not have surprised him at all. Only two days ago, a Christian extremist killed 93 people in Norway.

Those poor persecuted Christians sure inflict a lot of evil upon the world. But they LOVE to play the victim . . . as perpetrators often do.

July 24, 2011 at 12:27 pm |
    • TC

You will see another post on here that talks about Jesus saying that he did not come here to unite but divide – this is true, He knows that those who really follow His ways and those who do no will be in constant conflict with each other. The truth of a fallen world.

July 24, 2011 at 12:33 pm |
    • Free

TC
      Jesus contradicts himself because the Gospel writers all put words in his mouth to satisfy their own personal agendas. No great mystery in that.

July 24, 2011 at 12:38 pm |
    • TC

Jesus does not contradict Himself at all, He is very clear on the nature and reality of this life and the next.

July 24, 2011 at 12:40 pm |
    • Free

TC
      Jesus may not have contradicted himself throughout his life, but the Gospel writers sure record him as doing so; unless you limit yourself to just one Gospel, and maybe skip what Paul has to say, of course. One storyteller, no contradiction.

July 24, 2011 at 12:50 pm |
    • Ryan Speicher

Ole,,,question. Do you think that the Norwegian extremist or militant Lebanese are really embodying the message of Christ and what he taught? I agree with you that Christians do some stupid, sometimes sadly violent things but I think you have to use your detector and decide are these people really "Christian." What does it mean to be Christian and live like one?
      I just think it's a stretch to incriminate all believers with people who say they are Christians and obviously don't act like one. Again we have to look to Christ as the example...He was perfect, He got it right, He is the Standard....seems like some discernment is in order here. Let me know what you think...thanks.

July 24, 2011 at 2:43 pm |
  19. Jhn H

I don't believe that one religion is for all humanity. Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims have their own path to God. But I truly applaud the author's wisdom.

July 24, 2011 at 12:27 pm |
    • TC

I don't see any wisdom in the author becasue he just literally made up stuff and expressed his personal opinion which is not based on anything biblical and when he TRIED to quote scripture he failed at at the most elemental level.

July 24, 2011 at 12:31 pm |
    • Free

No one religion, but one God, eh? Cut through how each of these religions view 'God' and we shall assume that only your definition of who/what God is will satisfy you, but will it satisfy everyone else?

July 24, 2011 at 12:35 pm |
  20. JAB

I love how you people argue about BS. You're brilliant!

July 24, 2011 at 12:25 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
About this blog