home
RSS
My Take: Why evangelicals should stop evangelizing
Carl Medearis with Sheikh Nabil Qawouk Hezbollah’s number two leader.
July 24th, 2011

My Take: Why evangelicals should stop evangelizing

Editor's Note: Carl Medearis is an international expert in Arab-American and Muslim-Christian relations and is author of the book Speaking of Jesus: The Art of Not-Evangelism.

By Carl Medearis, Special to CNN

Let’s do an exercise. I want you to fill in the blank on what you think you know about me based on what I’m about to tell you.

Here goes: Twenty years ago, I became a missionary. My wife and I left our home in Colorado Springs, Colorado to move to Beirut, Lebanon. Our job description was to plant churches and evangelize to Muslims.

Based on what I just said, Carl Medearis is a ______________ .

Depending on your background, the blank may look something like this:

Or this:

Carl Medearis is a... right-wing extremist who destroys cultures, tears apart families and paves the way for neo-colonialist crusaders to invade, occupy and plunder the resources of local populations.

Quite a range, isn’t it?

For one group of people, the words “evangelist” and “missionary” bring to mind pious heroes performing good deeds that are unattainable for the average Christian. For another group, those same words represent just about everything that’s wrong with the world.

I understand the confusion.

Based on my experiences of living and traveling around the world, I know that religion is often an identity marker that determines people’s access to jobs, resources, civil liberties and political power.

When I lived in Lebanon I saw firsthand how destructive an obsession with religious identity could be. Because of the sectarian nature of Lebanese politics, modern Lebanese history is rife with coups, invasions, civil wars and government shutdowns.

When I tell my Christian friends in America that some of the fiercest militias were (and are) Christian, most are shocked. It doesn’t fit the us-versus-them mentality that evangelism fosters, in which we are always the innocent victims and they are always the aggressors.

This us-versus-them thinking is odd, given that Jesus was constantly breaking down walls between Jews and Gentiles, rich and poor, men and women, sinners and saints. That’s why we have the parable of the Good Samaritan.

Jews in Jesus’ day thought of the Samaritans as the violent heretics, much the same way that Christians think of Muslims today. The idea that a Samaritan could be good was scandalous to first century Jews.

Jesus was the master of challenging religious prejudice and breaking down sectarian walls. Why do so many Christians want to rebuild those walls?

Even the Apostle Paul insisted that it’s faith in Jesus that matters, not converting to a new religion or a new socio-religious identity.

What if evangelicals today, instead of focusing on “evangelizing” and “converting” people, were to begin to think of Jesus not as starting a new religion, but as the central figure of a movement that transcends religious distinctions and identities?

Jesus the uniter of humanity, not Jesus the divider. How might that change the way we look at others?

This is more than just a semantic difference.

When I used to think of myself as a missionary, I was obsessed with converting Muslims (or anybody for that matter) to what I thought of as “Christianity.” I had a set of doctrinal litmus tests that the potential convert had to pass before I would consider them “in” or one of “us.”

Funny thing is, Jesus never said, “Go into the world and convert people to Christianity.” What he said was, “Go and make disciples of all nations.”

Encouraging anyone and everyone to become an apprentice of Jesus, without manipulation, is a more open, dynamic and relational way of helping people who want to become more like Jesus — regardless of their religious identity.

Just because I believe that evangelicals should stop evangelizing doesn’t mean that they should to stop speaking of Jesus.

I speak of Jesus everywhere I go and with everyone I meet.

As founder and president of a company called International Initiatives, my work is aimed at building relationships among Christian leaders in the West and among Muslim leaders in the Middle East.

It may come as a surprise to many Christians that Muslims are generally open to studying the life of Jesus as a model for leadership because they revere him as a prophet.

But now that I’m no longer obsessed with converting people to Christianity, I’ve found that talking about Jesus is much easier and far more compelling.

I believe that doctrine is important, but it’s not more important than following Jesus.

Jesus met people where they were. Instead of trying to figure out who’s “in” and who’s “out,” why don’t we simply invite people to follow Jesus — and let Jesus run his kingdom?

Inviting people to love, trust, and follow Jesus is something the world can live with. And since evangelicals like to say that it’s not about religion, but rather a personal relationship with Jesus, perhaps we should practice what we preach.

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Carl Medearis.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Christianity • Interfaith issues • Opinion

soundoff (3,792 Responses)
  1. Thad smith

WOW, what I can't believe is the ego on this guy,
    "Carl Medearis is a... hero of the Christian faith, a saintly super-man willing to sacrifice the comforts of home in order to share the love of Jesus Christ with those who have never heard the gospel."

Are you kidding me, if Carl Medearis, had any idea of Who he was suppose to be serving he would know that he is not a hero, or a villian, just a man doing what God has called so many to do.

July 25, 2011 at 10:52 am |
    • Bruce

He also said, "Carl Medearis is a... right-wing extremist who destroys cultures, tears apart families and paves the way for neo-colonialist crusaders to invade, occupy and plunder the resources of local populations."

Selective reading is selective...

July 25, 2011 at 10:56 am |
  2. Max

If this were a court case or something along those lines, this would be the worst argument ever. The idea of "not just a semantic difference" subverts the whole point. Spreading the word of Jesus is pretty much evangelizing, regardless of whatever semantic value is claimed. Now, as someone who thinks the world would be better if ALL RELIGIONS WERE GONE - for the purpose of coexisting peacefully (at least on a faith based perspective, faith by the way is believing something with no evidence which makes no sense to me personally) - Jesus did have some righteous messages. Maybe just filter out some stuff? He was all about sticking it to the man and making sure the rich weren't domineering over the poor. But Carl, you really think people enjoy that you bring up Jesus everywhere you go? And to everyone you meet? Sounds a little annoying to me.

July 25, 2011 at 10:52 am |
  3. Dam

So true – Jesus never sought to convert people. The Romans when they converted to Christianity changed everything Jesus stood for and started the process of forcible conversion of Europe. The People who wrote the Bible were bunch of morons who never understood what Jesus stood for. They did not even know the earth was round and it was not the centre of the universe. So Bible is a just bunch of ignorant rambling. Islam is another religion which seeks to convert people just to increase their numbers(most converts are convicts) . But at least this is what that war monger Mohamed preached. Both these Proselytising religions dont understand the damage it causes to local cultures and creates deep enimities. Is this what any religion should be about. But Christainity & Islam both grew thru forcible conversion & taxation. But the Western societies have changed and become secular and most people in the Western world have realised there is no fcking God but Islamic countries continues living in the 8th century with their barbaric laws to persecute minorities & women. Eastern religions(Buddhism, Hindu, Confucian, Taoism, Sikism etc) are far more peaceful and dont believe in conversion but they have their own faults.

July 25, 2011 at 10:51 am |
    • pat

Or ,as I like to point out, there is no historical evidence that jesus ever existed other than a myth.

July 25, 2011 at 10:57 am |
  4. dewittL.

Hey Mr. Taliban go F@#$ yourself. CNN = communist news network

July 25, 2011 at 10:51 am |
  5. Misha Gastonai

Call me old-fashioned, but I'd much rather prefer a Christian knocking on my door offering a pamphlet on Jesus as opposed to a radical Islamic blowing up my family at a shopping mall.

Tis always better to be annoyed than killed.

July 25, 2011 at 10:51 am |
    • Talgrath

Somebody's reading comprehension skills need work; or did you conveniently forget the part where he mentions that some of the most violent militia include Christians? If the events in Norway should teach us anything, it is that madmen will use any religion as justification for their violent actions against the innocent.

July 25, 2011 at 11:03 am |
    • Geoz

You don't understand what Xians do in the name of god. It is the same same same same stuff.

July 25, 2011 at 11:15 am |
  6. thank ye

Am thankful for the early apostles who spread the message of 'Hope','Love' and 'Forgiveness' to mankind.

July 25, 2011 at 10:51 am |
  7. Dave

Jesus also said "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword" (Matthew 10:34), talking about divisions created by people's acceptance or non-acceptance of him as Messiah.

July 25, 2011 at 10:51 am |
    • Aaron L.

8th grade science (chapter one) The big bang.

July 25, 2011 at 11:40 am |
  8. Pablo

Well while this article may sound like a nice thoughtful opinion... what it's author forgets to reveal is his belief that the Bible is not true.
    Throughout the New Testament Christians are commanded to go to the ends of the earth and make disciples. Paul tells us that those who have not heard cannot accept unless they have been told, and they cannot be told unless we GO.

July 25, 2011 at 10:51 am |
  9. Don

It was always my belief that those who went on missions were there to help others. My understanding was they were there to help anyone and everyone. They did convert, but that was secondary and the primary 'mission' was to spread the word/work of Jesus. Maybe I have been ignorant in my understanding and support of 'missions.
    I hope you are very succesful in your 'work' and by helping everyone they turn to non-violent ways of living together. I would think that would be the priority for everyone.

July 25, 2011 at 10:50 am |
  10. Sean G

Jesus does unite AND divide. He unites around himself,around his teachings/ principles, around real love that truly seeks and acts in ways that give, that sacrifice, that offer oneself to another. He also divides not around ideology but these same things. There are people who choose not to give themselves to these ways.

July 25, 2011 at 10:48 am |
  11. Bruce

The day that evangelicals can come to grips with the fact that an atheist can not only follow Jesus but be saved by the same things that save the evangelicals–and remain an atheist–is the day that these evangelicals gain the faith commensurate to the Centurion (Matthew 8:1-13).

July 25, 2011 at 10:48 am |
  12. pat

Both my parents were atheists and my children represent three generations of atheists and they are starting families of their own. If you believe in spirits, I think you're bizzare.

July 25, 2011 at 10:47 am |
    • Clo

Do you not have a spirit? Do you seriously think it is all over when you die? We are all here for no reason other than to just be? Look all aound you and how do you explain everything as simple as a cloud, the ocean, the very small details of our bodies and everything around us. There has to be a god for everything to be so perfectly made, Thank you JESUS!

July 25, 2011 at 11:10 am |
    • Geoz

Clo. you miss the point.... and that is no surprise.

July 25, 2011 at 11:13 am |
    • pat

Clo, which creatures have a spirit? Humans? Chickens? Did you know it is a fact that humans interbreed with neanderthals.
      We know this because we can detect their DNA in modern humans.

July 25, 2011 at 11:28 am |
  13. hasc

A refreshing article. I do agree that the American perception of "evangelizing" has come to mean high-pressure psychological manipulation similar to that of a car salesman trying to close the deal. So many evangelical churches preach God's ultimatum Sunday after Sunday as if all God has to offer us is an ultimatum. Americans are addicted to drama, and unfortunately this conversion process has become a spectator sport more than a spiritual revelation.

July 25, 2011 at 10:47 am |
    • Geoz

Have you ever seen how the children will walk up during a service to proclaim their faith.... oy. What a spectacle. No better than the toddlers with Tiaras for me. All a fabrication to please the parents. Then the parents get to please their community. All facade.

July 25, 2011 at 10:59 am |
  14. Scott H

Wow..its amazing what makes it to CNN's "belief" section. Real shocker that the guy who wants Christians to stop preaching PROUDLY shows off his photo-op with Hezbollah's #2 guy. Even less of a shock that CNN prints his drivel.

July 25, 2011 at 10:45 am |
    • Bruce

He should be standing next to Anders Behring Breivik, who is much better looking.

July 25, 2011 at 10:51 am |
  15. brad

Many people aren't Christians because of the behaviour of some Christians. I am not an atheist partly because of their behavior on this blog. Non-Christians don't want our faith "shoved down their throats." Understood. But here's the rub: no atheist would go into a church where he runs the risk of having religion shoved down his throat. Yet day after day, he logs into the CNN faith blog where he runs the risk of having religion shoved down his throat. Of one thing I am convinced. There is a profound disconnect between common sense and the reason the atheist is so certain he has mastered.

July 25, 2011 at 10:45 am |
    • RAWoD

Why do so many 'faithful' fail to understand agnostics? Agnostics understand that organized religion, while fine for some mentalities, is just man-made fairy tales - created by (fill in the blank with the name of any organized religion) - for purposes that, more often than not, are not helping mankind progress. Unlike evangelicals who seem to constantly bombard civilization with how 'correct' they are and how 'incorrect' other religions are - agnostics are more likely to remain quiet UNTIL (as always happens) there is a DEMAND for complience with (again, fill in the name of any organized religion). That is why so many agnostics ridicule evangelical strong arm tactics.

July 25, 2011 at 10:56 am |
    • Max

It's hardly being shoved down a throat if its willingly consumed my friend. Would you say that Red Robin is shoving tasty burgers down your throat if you went in there? Doubt it. These articles are like the burgers (some obviously aren't gourmet like all of RR's burgers)... I'm making myself hungry... and the comments are like the endless french fries!

July 25, 2011 at 10:58 am |
    • brad

@RAWoD you commented "man-made fairy tales – created by (fill in the blank with the name of any organized religion) – for purposes that, more often than not, are not helping mankind progress." Theological theory and discourse has advanced exponentially beyond fairy tales. Which haven't you read: fairy tales or theology? Second, read Steven Jay Gould, the Harvard evolutionist. He states that evolution cannot be thought of as PROGRESS because we have not defined a universal good to progress toward. I think you should abandon the idea that non-religioun implies progress.

July 25, 2011 at 11:19 am |
    • brad

@ Max Fair point. Now I'm hungry, too.

July 25, 2011 at 11:20 am |
  16. R. Laney

Wake up my friend. Jesus' last words on earth were "Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." I believe that is very clear. You should reread Revelation 22 verses 18 and 19 also. Our God is not Allah, but God Almighty and his only Son is Christ, not Muhammad. If you are a christian and believe the Holy Bible you should be able to see the errors of your comments. I pray for wisdom for you.

July 25, 2011 at 10:44 am |
    • Bruce

Jesus praised the faith of a Centurion (Matthew 8) who did none of the things that you are saying are required to become a "Christian."

It would be an interesting world, indeed, if evangelicals like yourself could muster faith commensurate to the Centurion in that story.

July 25, 2011 at 10:59 am |
    • mdn

Muslims believe in the God of Abraham and Moses and Jesus. The name "Allah" pre dates Islam. There are many other names for Allah that are acceptable. One can even use the name God. Muslims believe in the Torah and the Bible(perhaps not in there current version) and most importantly the Koran as it is the most accurate and the final revelation. Peace to you.

July 25, 2011 at 11:03 am |
    • mdn

In the Bible, Jesus states many times that he is the "son of man". I do not recall such a clear announcement from Jesus that he was the "son of God".

July 25, 2011 at 11:06 am |
  17. Rob

What the Bible says about God:

Matthew 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nationals, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

What the Qu'ran says about God:

People of the Book, do not go to excess in your religion, and do not say anything about God except the truth: the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was nothing more than a messenger of God, His word, directed to Mary, a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His messengers and do not speak of a 'Trinity'—stop, that is better for you—God is only one God, He is far above having a son, everything in the heavens and earth belongs to Him and He is the best one to trust. (Qur'an 4:171, M. A. S. Abdel-Haleem translation).

Carl,

No doubt Christ commands us to love one another. But He told us much more than that. And to ignore everything else he says would be wrong. Either Jesus is God, one of three members of the trinity, like the Bible says or he isn't like the Qu'ran says. The two are incompatible. Are Christians called to love Muslims. YES! Are we to tell them that because they admire Jesus as a messenger from God that salvation is there's. No.

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time I Tim. 2:3-6

July 25, 2011 at 10:42 am |
    • Geoz

And how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

July 25, 2011 at 10:45 am |
    • Geoz

The answer is: it doesn't matter... like so many other debates among different theological sects. And yet, people kill and die for those differences. They aren't just a theological debate – not because the words matter, but because the killing does.... all in your name and in the name of your god.

None for me thanks, I'd like some peace instead.

July 25, 2011 at 10:48 am |
    • David in Corpus

You are missing the overall and most important point: Your religion is just as stupid and pointless as all the other 'wrong' religions.
      Pathetic that modern humans still need the supernatural in their lives. I don't mind y'all doing it, no more than I mind children playing pretend in a sandbox. Unfortunately too many of you take it way too seriously and do not keep it in the sandbox where it belongs.

July 25, 2011 at 10:54 am |
    • Rob

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Romans 14:10-13 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written: "As I live, says the LORD, Every knee shall bow to me, And every tongue shall confess to God." So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, no to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother's way.

July 25, 2011 at 11:13 am |
    • Ed

There is no trinty the word is not event in the Bible the apostles did not teach it. Hear ye Israel the Lord God is ONE. Not three in one not three diffrent persons but ONE.
      baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
      Father not a name sons not a name Holy ghost is not a name JESUS is a name Jesus is giving a comand here and the name to baptize in is Jesus. No other name given to man to be saved by.

July 25, 2011 at 11:14 am |
    • Rob

Please forgive me for referring to Bible commentary to answer your statement. However, I feel there are many who can answer your denial of the trinity better than I.

John MacArthur on Deuteronomy 6:4: The intent of these words was to give a clear statement of the truth of monotheism, that there is only one God. thus, it has also been translated "the LORD is our God, the LORD along." the word used for "one" in this passage does not mean "singleness," but "unity." The same word is used in Gen. 2:24 where the husband and wife were said to be "one flesh." thus, while this verse was intended as a clear and concise statement of monotheism, it does not exclude the concept of the Trinity.

2 Corinthians 13:14 The grade of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.

John MacArthur on 2 Corinthians 13:14 The Trinitarian benediction reminded the Corinthians of the blessings they had received: "grace" from the Lord Jesus Christ, "love" from God the Father, and "communion" with God and each other through the Holy Spirit. Jesus was mentioned before the Father because His sacrificial death is the ultimate expression of God's love.

July 25, 2011 at 11:39 am |
  18. Josh

I challenge those who critique the teachings of Jesus without understanding or studying them to take a little time to look through what he said. He was not another religious leader but someone who came against the religous leaders of his day. He criticized their hypoocricy and legalism and proclaimed a new message of hope. He lifted up the outcasts of society and rebuked those who oppressed them in the name of religion...there are stilll many people like this in any religion today. It wasn't just another set of do's and don'ts but a way to have abundant life (John 10:10). This life comes from a place deeper then religious preference, following rules or even pursuit of everything this world has to offer. As someone who has tried to find life in a lot of different ways and stil felt empty, I challenge you to take some time and explore the idea that there is more to this world then just what we see.

July 25, 2011 at 10:42 am |
  19. Abdul Asad

Thank you Carl for this refreshing article. You are sure to be criticized from every possible angle for trying to tackle such a sensitive subject on this site. I applaud CNN for having Carl write this article, and I look forward to more of the same in the near future. This is a discussion that needs to be had. I am also a Christian who has abandoned the idea of "evangelizing" anyone in favor of simply living as best I can the way Jesus did (loving all, even my enemies), and speaking of Jesus with folks. I'm not concerned about their response – that is in God's hands!

July 25, 2011 at 10:41 am |
    • M

Anyone notice the smiling photo? A wolf with the second-in-command of one of the world's top terror organizations dedicated to killing off a whole people group? D'oh!

July 25, 2011 at 10:49 am |
  20. TheTruthAboutJesus

As a former Christian, I have to say this man doesn't know much about the bible. Jesus was not a "uniter." This is what Jesus said himself about his role (Matthew 10:34): "Do not suppose that I came to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but the sword! For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother."

And again, in Luke 12:51: "Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division."

But Jesus also said do not evangelize among the Gentile and the Samaritan, to only evangelize among the Jews (Matthew 10:5): "“Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel."

So it seems most Christians have no clue what Jesus actually said or what's ACTUALLY in the Bible. And he also told his disciples they should do good works and not accept money as payment for their work (Matthew 10: 8-9): "Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,b drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. 9Do not take along any gold or silver or copper in your belts; 10take no bag for the journey, or extra tunic, or sandals or a staff; for the worker is worth his keep."

So why don't Christians leave the rest of us alone, follow Jesus' commands, and only try to evanglize amongst the Jews???? Because evangelicals aren't about serving Jesus....they are about gaining power and control IN THIS COUNTRY. Period. But it's funny watching them try to actually reinterpret Jesus' very clear commands into something that benefits themselves!

July 25, 2011 at 10:39 am |
    • Abner

You actually misquote. When Jesus said to evangelize the Jews, it was during His earthly ministry. This was the time when the Gospel was to be first preached to the Jews so that prophetically he could be rejected. After His resurrection, He gave the command to "Go into the world..." In Acts 1:8, He is very specific, "You will be witnesses in Jerusalem, Judea (the home of the Jews), Samaria (mix of Israelites (northern kingodm) and Gentiles) and unto the uttermost parts of the world (Gentiles)." Thus the command came to evangelize the world not just Jews

July 25, 2011 at 10:51 am |
    • Rob

TheTruthAboutJesus,

Can tell me what Jesus means in Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

July 25, 2011 at 10:51 am |
    • Marvin

Bravo! Medearis's approach is disingenuous, deceptive, and basically dishonest. Asking people to "follow" Jesus is just a euphemism for "converting" people to christianity.

July 25, 2011 at 10:54 am |
    • CRAIG

You are correct about what Jesus said about the Jews, but you forgot the rest of the new testament, Paul mission was to proclaim Christ to the Gentile, the rest of the world. Jesus knew after his death and resurrection and ascenion what his disciples were to do.

July 25, 2011 at 10:54 am |
    • Jonathan

Oh you are a Muslim now?

July 25, 2011 at 10:56 am |
    • Jeremy

Wow. You clearly need to read your bible. You should stop twisting the words of the bible for your own views and opinions... Jesus said to make disciples of all nations. He first wanted the Jews to be converted, and then the entire world. I pray that you repent and return to your past faith.

July 25, 2011 at 11:00 am |
    • Mac

As a former christian, you should know that the Apostle Paul was sent among the gentiles.
      Even Peter was taught that God is no respecter of persons. God has granted repentence to the jews as well as the gentiles. If you study out the context of our Lord's statements concerning the gentiles in light of the rest of the NT teaching, you will find that jews and gentiles all need to hear the gospel. Christianity is not a club. So-called "former members" are those who named the name of Christ but were not truly saved. May God truly save you and grant you repentance and faith. Only then will the truth of the Scriptures open up to you. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.

July 25, 2011 at 11:03 am |
    • TheTruthAboutJesus

"He first wanted the Jews converted, then the whole world." Well, you haven't converted the Jews yet, have you? So once you complete that part of the mission you can worry about the rest of the world.

No, I am not Muslim now. I believe in God. Period. Everything else is man-made nonsense including your Bible....edited and re-edited to fit the whim of every king, pope and other power-hungry meglomaniac.

"After His resurrection, He gave the command to "Go into the world..." Jesus was a man, a very wise man, but a man nonetheless and thus I don't believe he could "rise from the dead." That's just mumbo-jumbo put in the Bible to control people and make them think Jesus was something more than just a man and thus unquestionable. No pope, king or meglomaniac wants his subjects to question his authority so they put stuff in the Bible to achieve that goal.

I don't need a book to tell me about God and I don't need a building to go visit him in. I experience Him directly every single day in my life. And he tells me you Christians, Muslims and Jews don't have a clue who He really is.

July 25, 2011 at 11:11 am |
    • andrew.peter

And you're god is the devil. Judgment will come upon you if you don't repent.

July 25, 2011 at 2:16 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
About this blog