home
RSS
August 13th, 2011

U.S. Muslim comedy tour hits Deep South

By Summer Suleiman, CNN

(CNN) - The Muslims are Coming is a comedy tour that is traveling to small towns throughout the South in hopes of opening up a discussion about Muslim stereotypes.

The tour started in Gainesville, Florida, home of Terry Jones, the pastor who attracted international headlines by burning a Quran, and stopped in Lawrenceville, Georgia, outside Atlanta, on Tuesday night. It will continue to Alabama and conclude in Tennessee.

The shows feature comedians Dean Obeidallah, Negin Farsad, Maysoon Zayid and Omar Elba. They are targeting small, conservative towns in the South where controversies over Islam have erupted.

“We came to the South because it has this reputation of being intolerant. It has this stereotype of hating other groups, so we wanted to see,” Farsad said. “We have a feeling that they’re not actually uniformly sitting around hating Muslims.”

Obeidallah, who performed with the recent Axis of Evil comedy tour, and Farsad, producer of the 2008 movie Nerdcore Rising, are producing a documentary about The Muslims are Coming. The shows on the tour are free, they say, because they want to reach as many people as possible.

“We really wanted to make this tour a chance to reach out American to American, people of different faiths coming together, laughing together,” Obeidallah said.

He hopes the tour will start a candid dialogue about Muslim stereotypes - and that it will simply make people laugh.

And laugh they did, at least on Tuesday.

The Lawrenceville audience was receptive to the performance, even when it veered into sensitive territory. At one point, for instance, Zayid joked about meeting her husband in a Gaza refugee camp and telling him to “pack up his tent”.

The shows also feature a question and answer portion with the audience.

In Lawrenceville, many of the questions gave voice to stereotypes. “Is it true if a group of women get naked, that Muslim men must kill themselves?” one audience member inquired.

“We want to answer the tough questions, we encourage people to ask the tough questions, talk about the stereotypes that are lingering in your mind,” Obeidallah said.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Interfaith issues • Islam

soundoff (1,214 Responses)
  1. stevie weevie

So this Muslim walks into a bar and orders a cherry bomb...

August 13, 2011 at 6:25 pm |
    • The Loon

and he tells the bartender..."hold the cherry"

August 14, 2011 at 12:06 am |
    • Rainer Braendlein

So the CIA flies two planes in a building...

August 14, 2011 at 1:48 pm |
  2. amused

Gee...religion....don't you just love it!? It's so....positive....and tolerant.....and loving! Just the thing to unite the world! Ha! It'll never happen. Religion is too busy tearing it apart.

August 13, 2011 at 6:24 pm |
  3. cobiahunter

If they visit my hometown of Bon Secour, Alabama we'll have some good ol' Southern fried pork chops smoked ham to welcome them with. Certainly they won't offend us by refusing our hospitality?

August 13, 2011 at 6:19 pm |
    • SJ

And there lies the exact subject matter of this tour. Thanks for making their point 🙂

August 13, 2011 at 6:27 pm |
    • Peace2All

@cobiahunter

So... your "idea of hospitality" is to offer someone something that goes against their faith, and then if refused by your guests... it's an opportunity for 'you' to justify feeling offended.

O.K... got it. Sounds very inviting to be a guest in your hometown.

Peace.

August 13, 2011 at 6:32 pm |
    • Harold Haggis

You could have typed "Hurrrr! Durrrrr! Hurr Durrr unh un h ook ook ook" and it would have made more sense

August 13, 2011 at 6:35 pm |
    • JK

I'm not Muslim or Jewish or any religion that forbids eating pork. I choose not to eat it for my own reasons. Does that fit your prejudice, or is it limited to those whose diet is determined by their religion. Your hospitality isn't hospitality at all, but is actually inhospitality. Hospitable people are considerate of what’s important to their guests.

August 13, 2011 at 8:57 pm |
    • The Loon

August 14, 2011 at 12:01 am |
    • JoJo99

In communist Donner pass, host eat YOU!

August 14, 2011 at 12:03 am |
    • Joe B-b-b-b-bob

Doesn't eating pork down there count as cannibalism?

August 14, 2011 at 1:09 am |
    • Peace2All

@The Loon

You Said: " umm what?? if you're a guest in someone's house you eat what they serve...doesn't matter if it's against your religion...I don't really wanna eat goat testicles but if I were in Iran and a family there was serving them I'd suck it up, literally and figuratively...it's your job to adapt to your host, it's not the hosts job to adapt to you. "

Hmm... Actually, I think I disagree with you here @Loon on so many levels. But let me fire off a few for you here. First, (it is certainly possible that I'm wrong here, but I doubt it) @cobiahunter's posting is pretty obviously dripping with 'sarcasm'. He/She already knows that it is against their (muslim's) religion to basically eat anything 'pork.' So, by reading his/her posting, it was just a different form or version of bigotry or hate-baiting on the Muslim's. You know it, I know it, and so does @cobiahunter. The fact that he even posted such nonsense pretty much said it. Did you miss that part...?

Second, being a 'respectful' host would 'infer' that you would be respectful of your guests and their dietary restrictions... whether they are for religious, ethical, moral or for just plain weight-loss, or a variety of other reasons, etc... For example, if you were to have a 'vegetarian' over to your house, would you just serve them 'meat' anyway... because "they need to 'suck it up" as they need to "adapt" to you...? Is that your idea of a host...? Gee... when we invite guests over, we try and figure out what would make 'them' happy, and take 'them' into consideration. Especially, if there are foods that the guests don't like, or can't eat for 'whatever reasons.' That is just being kind and considerate, especially if they are truly 'welcomed guests.'

If one is 'not' really interested in being a welcoming and considerate 'host', then you get postings like @cobiahunter's up top. He/she is 'not' (really) interested in being kind and considerate to the Muslim's... Just read his post.

Third, you (Loon) stated your opinion, as if it were some kind of 'fact' as far as what to do. Just because 'you' may act that way, doesn't mean it is an absolute.

Fourth, interesting how you picked 'Iran' as an example. Well, the article is about being here in America, and this particular posting was from @cobiahunter about 'Alabama.' We all 'know' better about what good manners mean here, and as far as I know, we really aren't out to agitate and insult our invited guests as a general practice. Unless that is what you do @Loon...?

Peace...

August 14, 2011 at 2:20 am |
  4. Bo

================@Ranier=========== I'm guessin that you that you din't hear about the young Muslim lady in Az that was killed by her realitives because she wouldn't marry a certain Muslim man? They called it an "Honor Killing" and the athorities should stay out of their religious bussines.How much of this sort of thing happens that never reaches the news. And I have an idea that some muslim people may have known of the Muslim men in the military who planed murrder and distruction

August 13, 2011 at 12:33 pm |
    • Rainer Braendlein

@Bo

I am sure, a day will come, when we kick ourselves, getting aware that we had been fooled by a lousy criminal for more than
      1400 years.

How many schools could be built for the poor with the money, which we spend for soldiers, who have to protect us against Muhammad's disciples.

August 13, 2011 at 12:46 pm |
    • Rinsewind

Honor killing, which is indeed horrendous, is a cultural rather than religious practice. It occurs in non-Muslim countries as well, and has occurred in tribal, Christian, and Hindu religious areas. Religious meaning can be intertwined with the practice, but it is not specifically a religious act. I am not saying this to condone it in any way, but simply to point out that it cannot be associated with any particular religion. It is similar to female genital mutilation in that way– it occurs in some predominantly Muslim areas, but it also happens in non-Muslim areas, and the majority of countries with a large Muslim population do not practice it. It's a cultural rather than religion specific practice.

August 13, 2011 at 6:21 pm |
    • SJ

Thank you Rinsewood for hitting the nail on its head. No matter how many times you explain, some just wouldn't get it.

August 13, 2011 at 6:29 pm |
    • The Loon

Rinsewild...thanks for your fantasy...do some members of other religions kill their family members because they feel dishonored? sure they do...atheists do the same thing...except it's a sanctioned formal practiced for those who live by Sharia Law....go the thereligionofpeace.com and educate yourself...it's the least you can do...who knows maybe you'll adopt atheism like a sane person

August 14, 2011 at 12:05 am |
    • SCAtheist

Rainer Braendlein

That money is paid because we support the Jews. The Muslims wouldn't care if we existed if we just stayed out of it.

August 14, 2011 at 1:28 pm |
    • John

"Rinsewind

Honor killing, which is indeed horrendous, is a cultural rather than religious practice. It occurs in non-Muslim countries as well, and has occurred in tribal, Christian, and Hindu religious areas"

Find me one news story about a christian killing someone over marriage.

August 14, 2011 at 5:36 pm |
    • Surewood

Pretty sure there have been tons of husbands killing wives and vice verse. America used to protect husbands in this manner under the "crime of passion" facade.

August 14, 2011 at 7:08 pm |
    • Look again

Well, I'm a guessin' you never heard about that Christian guy who bombed a building to distract the cops so he could get on an island and massacre children. Or is he just a nut job who happens to be Christian?

August 14, 2011 at 8:08 pm |
    • Frogist

@John: Here you go:
      It appears to match exactly what Rinsewind said. It's a cultural matter influenced by how stringently people adhere to their religion, rather than a single religion issue.

August 15, 2011 at 9:50 am |
  5. Peace2All

I sincerely hope that these 'Muslim comics' can make some kind of a difference in dispelling the generalized stereotypes that 'all' Muslim's must be evil and not to be trusted...at 'all'.

Peace...

August 13, 2011 at 11:29 am |
    • Rainer Braendlein

@Peace2All

In everyday life there is nothing else for it but to trust them. There is a parliamentary decision that they can live in our countries and thus we must we have to get along with them.

Indeed, concerning the single person you can make no sure statement, regarding the intentions the person may have or not. Best case he is an ordinary worker, who wants to earn some money here.

Despite, concerning the whole Islamic community (Umma) we are allowed to be on guard. History and Koran show us the Gorgon-Face of Islam.

Muslims should start to believe in Jesus Christ and should be baptized. That would end their and our misery.

August 13, 2011 at 11:48 am |
    • imfasting

These comedians SUCK! Nothing they say is funny! They all look nervous. I'm all about fighting prejudices but these comedians will contribute nothing towards people thinking that Muslims are awesome!!

August 13, 2011 at 6:36 pm |
    • Peace2All

@Rainer Braendlein

Oh good christ -Rainer... ya' gotta' be fcking kidding me again !

Especially, with your last sentence: "Muslims should start believing in Jesus Christ and should be baptized. That would end their and our misery. "

Really -Braenlein...? Wow !

Peace...

August 13, 2011 at 6:39 pm |
    • Peace2All

@imfasting

I'm reading that you believe that "nothing" they say is funny... and... they will contribute "nothing" towards, etc...

Well, I guess time will tell. I'm willing to 'guess' that there are 'some' that not only enjoy the show, but also do find some redeeming value of education about the Muslim's.

Again, I guess we'll see how it works out over time.

Regards,

Peace...

August 13, 2011 at 6:50 pm |
    • BG

@ Peace

France found out. So did England, Australia and Scandinavia.

It -doesn't- work out, my friend. It cannot. Islam and modern civilization are mutually exclusive. The only way it would 'work out' is for westernized societies to compromise their values and laws.

August 13, 2011 at 7:43 pm |
    • Peace2All

@BG

Hey there, my friend.

When you are saying "it" ...'won't work out' what is the 'it' specifically you are speaking of...?

Peace...

August 13, 2011 at 7:59 pm |
    • BG

@ Peace

Google 'multiculturalism has failed.' The experiences of other nations can say it better than I ever could ... or that I want to right now. I'm about to sit down to a nice plate of Moo Shu.

August 13, 2011 at 8:35 pm |
    • Peace2All

@BG

I hope that you enjoyed your 'Moo Shu' ? We had some good shrimp lo-mein among other dishes. Yummy !

Anyway, regarding your comment, I think we have done this dance before, if I'm getting the right 'take' on what you are saying, yes...?

As an over-all generality as far as Sharia Law, etc... and any attempt by Muslim's to mix it in our society... as I have agreed with you before, I am absolutely against it. I would fight against it.

'My'... point being again, and I believe that you ended up agreeing with me on this part before was about taking each person 'individually'. Again, I have some Muslim neighbors. They have been in America for a long time... they have thriving business, they contribute to society, and most importantly, they are some of the nicest 'people' I have ever met. Kind, considerate, friendly...etc...

So, with that said, as I posited to you before, how would you have me treat them...? Anything other than with equal kindness and respect, friendliness, etc... would be wrong, for 'me.'

Again, I believe we agree on both your 'macro' view, and my 'micro/individual' view, they can 'both' co-exist in that we are watchful and wary of some of the threats to our government, etc... and we can still act with respect, honor, dignity and kindness to the ones' (anyone for that matter) that has proven they are deserving of nothing less.

If you believe there to be something new... or more distinctions to be discussed here... then I am all for it.

Ya' know I respect your opinions.

Regards,

Peace...

August 14, 2011 at 2:36 am |
    • BG

@ Peace

What's not to like about Chinese 'festival' food ? (Of course 'Chinese food' is a bit of a misnomer.... they rarely eat like that.)

" Again, I thought we went through all of this 'long ago' in a 'galaxy... far, far away'...?"

Actually, it was in one of the nearer galaxies; about 6 months or so we did the drill on the Muslim micro/macro question... but for our sake (and anyone else who might care) we can revisit it.

As far as us, our friends and neighbors are concerned, I'm sure we're all just a 'mixed bag' of personalities just trying to get by day-to-day. There are extremists everywhere. Muslims with bombs. Christian snake handlers, thumpers, the self-righteous and judgmental, etc.. The classic 'holier than thou's.' Across the spectrum we have the militant atheists, replete with many of the characteristics of the rollers, but maybe even a bit more rabid because of their perceived political impotence (at least for now... it's up to them of course.)

Along the continuum we have degrees of compromise, usually accompanied with a reluctance to fully disclose one's opinions so as to maintain a position of malleable complacency with society. Me. You. Generally speaking, folks who don't go out of their way to píss someone else off (unless they have a specific agenda.. we call those folks lobbyists, agitators, etc.. ) But generally speaking, one should maintain at least an outward appearance of social moderation in order to get by.

On the blogs I can offer cogent thought (well.. mostly 😆 ) and references to support my opinion against what I consider to be a subversive Islamic political and social agenda. Of course I'm not alone in this. But in my 'real' daily life, I'm not about to stand on a corner with a sign or proselytize to everyone in my path. Therein lies the difference....

Our 'moderate Muslim 'friends' aren't going to quote from the Koran during your bowing league. They're not going to assemble crowds in the parking lots or march on the city hall. The extremists and agitators will, of course, do all the above in an effort to keep their 'cause' in the public eye as an issue of 'social equality.' But your bowling team Muslim buddy.... he'll just keep quiet. Remember my 9/11 story? How two 'professional' Muslims watched the events unfold on tv – as they stood on their toes, bouncing up and down.. smiling, while watching Americans jumped from the 90th floor to their death?

Afterward they offered no explanation. No sadness, no disgust. Not a god damned word. Nobody asked them.

The story is, sadly, true.

My rule of thumb is simple. If someone identifies themselves as a 'Muslim," I consider the nature of the doctrine that they've chosen to identify themselves with. I consider the recent world events that they have allowed to define Islam by their silence, deference, and implied consent. A week or two ago I told Muneef that I really don't care -what- is the "correct interpretation" of the Koran, or which Imam is right, wrong, or indifferent. I look at actions and outcomes. 1.6B is a lot of people. The silence of their objection is deafening, the drone of their demands disgusting, and their complaints of oppression would be superfluous save for the results of their own demands.

I'm certain that Mr. Weinstein is a spy. Sure he is. Either that, or he's Jewish. What the hell... Pakistan doesn't need his help anyway...

August 14, 2011 at 5:02 am |
    • Peace2All

@BG

Yes, I agree... this 'is' worthy of discussion, especially from guys like you and I who have been to 'hell and back' on these blogs, and developed a mutual respect and genuine interest in each others opinions.

And... with all that you said, I still don't really see anything 'new' in the discussion. I would suggest that not all Muslim's live by the radical doctrine that is often associated with Islam. Just like not all Christians live by all the radical components of the Bible and Christianity. If you are saying (reading between the lines here) that my neighbors are cool, 'but' 'really' in private they 'most likely' are cheering the death of the infidels... well, I certainly can't say for sure that they aren't, however I still believe it is worthwhile to get to know someone individually.

I have brought up my neighbors that I know, personally with you in example before, and you have brought up the situation about the 2 'professionals' apparently jumping for joy at the horrific tragedy of 9/11.

I will say again, that I am with you about being very wary of those that follow the radical doctrines associated with Islam. And yes... I agree with you that I have certainly seen how this is going in Europe.

I, however, given these 2 situations offered... your 2 professionals, and my neighbors... I will still give them the benefit of the doubt, but apparently, your message would be... 'be respectful and friendly, with 'both eyes open'...?

Also, I believe you are attempting to make a distinction that the difference here, i guess between you and I is that you can cite references to back up your claims...? Again, I'm not in disagreement to your claims, and often have gone to your 'links' to understand, as again... I value your opinions.

However, these things you cite in no way invalidates, my personal experience with dealing with several Muslim's. Again... both views can co-exist. I just don't see this as an 'either or situation.'

As I think you know by now, I am an 'agnostic' as I really try and stay out of the is there a God or isn't situation, even though as you have probably seen, I have had an NDE, which does, regardless of whether one believes it to be 'only' and 'just' hallucinations of a dying brain, or possibly infer something else... that continues.

While I tend to 'believe' that life does go on and continue... I'm aware that it is certainly 'my' own interpretation.

Why I bring this up is from my experience (NDE), without going into all of the details of the experience, one of the things that it really brought home for me is that we are 'all one' and to promote peace and love is the way to go.

I know that you're probably thinking... "what the heck does this have to do with what we're talking about here, -Peace..."?

Well, I don't know either I guess... just seemed like it fit, here ... with my friend.

I guess because of the multi-cultural up-bringing and experiences I have had, plus my NDE... I have come to develop this world-view that can accomodate 'both' your view of 'we need to be very careful here' and my view of 'let's look at the individual (any individual for that matter) and still base our judgments and evaluations on what we actually experience of the person.

Again, -BG... I am very pleased that we are able to have these discussions now, as I think we both come away learning from each other. Maybe our positions don't change a whole heck of a lot, but even if we are able to see/hear and feel a 'bit' more of each other's position, I think we (and others if they are following) come away from this better off.

Regards,

Peace...

August 14, 2011 at 1:43 pm |
    • Rainer Braendlein

Everyone should believe in Jesus Christ because he doesn't tolorate any other prophets. He was a gangsta who pistol whipped fools for their sandals.

August 14, 2011 at 1:46 pm |
  6. stephanie ann

August 13, 2011 at 10:07 am |
    • evolvedDNA

stephanie ann...why do you feel that stringing together meaningless words adds "reverence" to the myth. "Silence the ignorance" is code for do not question the status quo.. it allows religion to continue to hide the real truths as they are uncovered. Religion can do longer bully society to keep quiet and it having a hard time with no longer being the only game calling the shots.

August 13, 2011 at 10:33 am |
    • *frank*

@stephanie ann –"It is written,silence the ingorance. Truth,whole truth,perfect is all in all. In God We Trust. In the name of Jesus Christ. Father is in control. ThanK you our Saviour for all you are. Amen amen"
      Were you swaying back and forth with your eyes rolled back in your head when you typed this?

August 13, 2011 at 7:54 pm |
    • Stephanie Anne

I am a sheep that believes anything.

August 14, 2011 at 1:54 pm |
  7. Bubba

I wonder how many in the audience want to see birth certificates or paperwork that declares U.S. citizenship. I don't care what they believe in, just don't knock on my door with Allah has good news.

August 13, 2011 at 10:04 am |
    • Hope

As a Muslim that's funny!

August 13, 2011 at 10:49 am |
    • Phil

Ha! They should incorporate that into their skit. "Hello there, I'm Muhamad binAzul. I was born and raised in chicago, as can be proven by my birth certificate. Of course, you can't see it, but trust me. It's there." A sort of double-sided jab. Possibly too subtle though.

August 15, 2011 at 4:24 pm |
  8. Bo

I believe that the vast majority of Muslims are non violent, but if they want to be lawful and loyl citizens of America then they must forsake some Islamic of their Islamic country practices. Honor killing is not acceptable in this country–they can't just kill a woman, because she may, for some reason of their own, birings dishonor on the family. Another thing, if they want to be loyal citizens they must report any suspious or known activity that may bring harm to this country or it's citizens to the athorities. If they can not be law abiding and loyal citizens to this country, because of religious convictions, then they need to return to their country. Is this company of comedians going to protray any of these unaceptable activites in their play? I think not.

August 13, 2011 at 8:41 am |
    • Rainer Braendlein

@Bo

As long as the Muslims are in the minority, they behave kindly and accept the laws of their host. However, we must assume, as soon as they have gained the majority of population, they will impose their Islamic laws.

Look at Germany: Germany has become so dependent on Muslim migrant workers that the government no longer dares to tell the truth publically, because they fear economical damage, when they critizise the Muslims.

Recently the German Federal President Christian Wulff said publically: "The Islam belongs to Germany like Christianity!"

This is such a bad lie that he should get punished for that. Wulff's lie shows how fast a society can be affected by the Muslim virus.

May God give us (the Germans) a strong new chancellor (Angela Merkel is merely concerned about a well-running economy. She "breeds" human robots and religion is absolutely unimportant. However, by ignoring spiritual realities, Merkel makes Germany a tinderbox. This backward women destabilizes society by here perverse ignorance).

August 13, 2011 at 9:11 am |
    • Killer Muldoon

@ Ranier...I find it a little hard to take a German ranting about a religious minority having undue and evil influence very kindly. 6 million, anyone? Same thinking.

August 14, 2011 at 6:10 am |
    • Rainer Braendlein

I actually don't know what I'm talking about. The bible is only a book, as is the Koran. They both are fairy tales that are a bit silly. I talk out of my a** for the most part

August 14, 2011 at 1:43 pm |
  9. Rainer Braendlein

I could appreciate the work of the comedians, if I would know nothing about history of the Islamic Conquests and the Koran.

Of course, in principle it is a good thing to try to bring about peace. However, it should not be done at the expense of truth.

There are two possibilities: Either the comedians don't know history and Koran or they know both and act against their conscience. God knows it.

Summary of the unholy (sorry, but it is true) Koran:

Muhammad sees Jews and Christians as (former) believers, having turned apostate. There is no better way to express contempt against somebody, than to call him apostate. The word apostate is much worse than jerk, idiot, dummy or anything else. When I call someone apostate, I express that he has no more right to live. He is a worthless individual.

Conclusion: The Koran is a declaration of war against Jews and Christians. The Muslims should not say that we hate them, only because we take serious their central scripture.

Muslim Conquests:

By a civil war (since 622) Muhammad imposed the Islam on the Arabic tribes, in order to unite them. Before Muhammad emerged, there were Jewish, Christian and pagan Arabic tribes. Muhammad murdered his own fellow countrymen for the sake of his wicked religion.

It is nearly sure that the Roman Emperor Heraclius knew, what was going on in Arabia, but he failed to send forces to the Roman-Arabic border. Heraclius saw that Muhammad united the Arabs, but undertook nothing to protect his empire.

Why?

It is true that Heraclius was involved in a war against the superpower Persia up to 628 and thus could not give all his attention to the emerging Arabic threat. However, he was a cunning general and knew that enemies can emergy out of the nothing. It is highly probable that Muhammad has deceived Heraclius. Maybe he told him: "I am a reformer and want to improve Christianity, don't mind, I will never attack your empire. I am just concerned about Arabia!" Obviously Heraclius believed him and thus the world experienced one of the greatest calamities of history: The Muslim Conquests.

Sorry, dear Muslims, you cannot expect us to be as naive as Heraclius after we have made a lot of bad experiences with you. We don't hate you, but your Prophet hated us. That is the problem.

August 13, 2011 at 8:38 am |
    • evolvedDNA

Rainer. how come you have evidence that the Koran is false, yet accept with out question that the bible is true... you see the problem here... you have to competing ideologies both with zero evidence and the adherents to each will fight to protect it. How do you see any peace coming from such a situation? I propose that you all have a pray off. and see which god comes through first...if nothing happens then we can all get on with life as humans beings....

August 13, 2011 at 10:41 am |
    • Rainer Braendlein

@evolvedDNA

It is a scandal to compare Christianity an Islam. You make a big mistake!

What was Jesus' intention?

Jesus wants to deliver people, suffering from the awareness of their sinfulness, caused by the Law (for example the 10 commandments). Jesus died for us, not merely to forgive us, but also to set us free or release us. When we believe in Christ and get baptized into Christ, we will get released from or old man of sin and God gives us a new life, which is not in conflict with the Law. Thus, Jesus wants to improve the life of human beings.

What was Muhammad's intention?:

Muhammad united the Arabic tribes (gangs) by a satanic religion for a war against the Christian Empire Byzantium. Strangly enough the central statement of Islam is the following: "Don't ascribe partners to Allah!" That is the summary of the whole Islam. Islam is the exact opposite of Christianity. Islam wants to exterminate the Christian Church.

August 13, 2011 at 10:59 am |
    • Rainer Braendlein

@evolvedDNA

You should read both the Holy Bible and the unholy Koran. I have read both books.

My assessment: The Koran is nothing more than a cheap novelette, invented by Muhammad. It is no divine revelation, but the outcome of a fevered delirium, which Muhammad experienced in a hot Arabic cave. Perhaps he saw Satan, disguised as the archangel Gabriel.

The Holy Bible is the very Word of God. Just a collection of reports of respectable eyewitnesses of the good deeds of God and his partner.

August 13, 2011 at 11:14 am |
    • evolvedDNA

Rainer.. again you have just offered opinion but no facts... why is the bible any more real than the koran? both have no evidence to support their stories., booth are hearsay. You claim reliable witnesses.. how do you know that? you have unfortunately been traditionally taught the things to believe and have accepted it with out question aparently.. you may have read then both but that does not make them real.. i have read Harry Potter.. does that give it more credibility than Lord of the Rings.

August 13, 2011 at 11:56 am |
    • Rainer Braendlein

@evolvedDNA

The most important witnesses of Jesus are the apostles. They were persecuted in a way, which we cannot imagine. I suppose that St. Paul was only a heap of walking-around hash, after he had been beaten, stoned and whiped repeatedly.

By Christian faith someone loses honor, power and riches, all what people long for. Thus, naturally everybody would reject that faith, because nobody wants to gain disadvanteges. Hence, the Christian faith must be true, otherwise it had not survived.

In contrast Islam: In fact it is no faith, but just a demonic fallacy. It promotes the carnal desires of people: Longing for honor, power and riches. It is ridiculous to say, the Islam is true, because model Moslems (Taleban) are just the full-revelation of the depraved flesh of man.

It is scientifically sure that the Bible was written at the time of the apostles, because copies of the autographs, which have survived, go back so far. A scientist could tell you, it is not possible that the Bible was "invented" maybe first 450 after Christ, because the copies are much older.

Furthermore, why should Jesus have invented the gospel? It merely caused his crucifixion. Thus, the gospel must have a true spiritual backround

August 13, 2011 at 12:28 pm |
    • evolvedDNA

Rainer..Why should someone try to establish a belief, which merely causes his personal physical destruction, excepted the belief is absolutely true and God has commanded to preach it?..I do not know...and why would it have to be god.. what proof. It is just you personal prejudices that assume it is a god, and yours to boot..that did this.

August 13, 2011 at 2:50 pm |
    • Cedar rapids

You talk about Islamic conquests but how do you think Christianity spread? by love and peace? No, it was conquest.

August 13, 2011 at 10:27 pm |
    • Rainer Braendlein

I'm a big idiot

August 14, 2011 at 1:44 pm |
    • Rainer Braendlein

I've never read the Koran because I am afraid of anything other than Christianity because that is what my daddy told me

August 14, 2011 at 1:50 pm |
  10. Faith

I loved the Americans in the Deep South...

August 13, 2011 at 6:05 am |
    • infidel52

I still love them! Isn't "Muslim Comics" oxymoronic? I lived in the Middle East...there was very little comic releif!

August 14, 2011 at 10:13 am |
  11. Faith

Comedians, remember: Jesus said, "But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken." (Matthew 12:36) And all the mockers who laugh when blasphemous words are spoken will get judgment as well.

August 13, 2011 at 6:04 am |
  12. Faith

Comedians should not mention the word "God" or "Allah" at all. Done by anyne, it's such a blasphemy. I hope these people won't be hated by their fellow Muslims. The mention of the word "God" by any comedian is simply disgusting.

August 13, 2011 at 5:58 am |
    • Reason

Oh please!

God, God, God, Allah, Allah, Allah

August 13, 2011 at 9:03 am |
    • evolvedDNA

The mention of the word peace by the religious is also disgusting...they know it is impossible with the vicious gods they have invented.

August 13, 2011 at 10:43 am |
    • Hope

Bubba – as a Muslim that's funny!

August 13, 2011 at 10:47 am |
  13. Dave

One of the first things I think of when I think of America is religious freedom...Many people fear Islam and Muslims because the don't understand that true Islam is not terrorism but submission of oneself to God. I think that as Americans we should take more time to learn about other faiths and cultures and be less critical of people who practice faiths other than Christianity.

August 13, 2011 at 5:00 am |
    • Faith

What Americans don't know is the fact other faiths don't permit religious freedom. Americans are spoiled by their long-standing safe Christian frame work. They have no idea what the outside world is like. The freedom of conscience is exclusively of Christianity, no other belief system. Secularism FORCES its immorality upon the citizens.

August 13, 2011 at 5:39 am |
    • Faith

Muslims don't have much trouble with God other than rejecting the God-sent Divine Savior thus rejecting to submit to His will. Their biggest trouble as fellow humans for us non-Muslims is their refusal to grant equal rights to women and children and their refusal to grant religious freedom to anyone. Infidels get routine persecutions and the converts from Islam often get killed either by the family members or the courts. Until the whole Islamic land carries out religious freedom for all and provide all women literacy, whatever Muslims say about peace is a joke.

August 13, 2011 at 5:47 am |
    • Faith

It's not general Americans who need the multi-religious education; they are already quite multi-cultural already, far better than other nationals. It's Muslims who need Christian education in USA to grow up and do not end up hating America.

August 13, 2011 at 5:52 am |
    • Rinsewind

Faith– if you think religious freedom derives specifically from Christianity, think again. It is a product of the Enlightenment and the appeal to reason. There's PLENTY of religious intolerance in the history of Christianity–as there is in many religions.

August 13, 2011 at 6:30 pm |
    • Melissa

Faith, the Christian religion is incredibly intolerant – it insists on only its god being worshipped, and being the only right way of belief. According to the Bible, there is no freedom of religion. You're either Christian, or you are condemned. Many other faiths – Pagan, Hindu, Buddhist, have paths that are far more individualistic. People may not agree in interpretation, but there is not this condemnation that is a trademark of Christianity. Your posts speak volumes to this – Muslims need to be trained in Christanity according to you. Why? it's not their religion. Would you want to have your education focused from an Islamic perspective? Or perhaps a Wiccan one? I seriously doubt it.

August 13, 2011 at 9:23 pm |
    • Killer Muldoon

@ Faith – ALL monotheistic religions are at their core intolerant of all others. Your posts prove the point – only your way is true.

Religious tolerance and freedom in the US springs fromt he wisdom of our 1st Amendment – the very same that Christians try to tear down with their attempts to reinstate prayer in the schools, through declarations of America as a Christian nation, and the imposition of their interpretation of biblical law through our civil law.

August 14, 2011 at 6:18 am |
    • Faith

You uneducated Americans are wrong. Europe and America got the freedom of conscience only because of the necessity to read the Bible, nothing else. All the sane laws and ideals in the West cannot exist without the Bible and Christianity. I'm from pagan nations and I know the pagans have no cecept of freedom. We learned it for the first time either from the Christian British or the Christian Americans.

August 15, 2011 at 5:20 am |
  14. Faith

Muslims call Jesus Isa. They believe His virgin-birth, sinlessness and prophet-hood and ascention, but they don't trust in Him as their Savior for atonement since they don't believe that Jesus is God or died on the cross or rose from the dead, although the Word of God, the Holy Bible, clearly teaches those facts about Jesus. They don't believe the total depravity of humanity; they think they can make it if their good overweighs their bad. Mormon is a misconception only from Christianity; Islam sounds like a misconception from both Judaism and Christianity. The world is divided by two kinds of people; those who trust Jesus alone and those who trust self.

August 13, 2011 at 4:30 am |
  15. Faith

I like Muslims. When they are a minority in the land, they are great people to be with. It's always Bible-illiterate people who show hatred to Muslims. True Christians love Muslims, protect them and reach out to them in truth and love of Jesus. Muslims don't have a Savior just like any non-Christian religion and bets on their own good works which is futile.

August 13, 2011 at 4:21 am |
  16. Faith

The Muslims I met are more decent than these comedians. These comedians still take the name of God in vain and the women's clothings are still inappropriate. And they are wrong about Muslims being hated by Americans. Americans are very nice to all minorities. It's Evangelical Christians and the Baptist Christians who are getting filthy persecutions everywhere in the West. Muslims would totally revolt if the secular Westerners do to Islam what they had done to Christianity.

August 13, 2011 at 4:14 am |
    • Cedar rapids

'Americans are very nice to all minorities. It's Evangelical Christians and the Baptist Christians who are getting filthy persecutions everywhere in the West. '

Ok I dont know what alternative universe you come from where this stuff is true but make sure you make it back to the meeting point before you miss the slide window else you will be stuck in this universe.

August 13, 2011 at 10:32 pm |
  17. Reality

Why the topic group should not be invited to your town:

What instigated the attack on the Twin Towers and the Pentagon? And what drives today's 24/7 mosque/imam-planned acts of terror and horror? The koran, Mohammed's book of death for all infidels and Muslim domination of the world by any means. Muslims must clean up this book removing said passages admitting that they are based on the Gabriel myth and therefore obviously the hallucinations and/or lies of Mohammed.

Then we can talk about "peaceful Islam" and the safety and location of mosques and what is taught therein. Until then, no male Muslim can be trusted anytime or anywhere..................................

August 13, 2011 at 4:13 am |
  18. Reality

Why there is nothing funny about Islam:

The Muslim Conquest of India – 11th to 18th century

■"The likely death toll is somewhere between 2 million and 80 million. The geometric mean of those two limits is 12.7 million. "

and the 19 million killed in the Mideast Slave Trade 7C-19C by Muslims.

and more recently

1a) 179 killed in Mumbai/Bombay, 290 injured

1b) Assassination of Benazir Bhutto and Theo Van Gogh

2) 9/11, 3000 mostly US citizens, 1000’s injured

3) The 24/7 Sunni-Shiite centuries-old blood feud currently being carried out in Iraq, US troops killed in action, 3,483 and 925 in non combat roles. 99,901 – 109,143 Iraqi civilians killed as of 3/3/2011/, mostly due to suicide bombers, http://www.iraqbodycount.org/ and http://www.defenselink.mil/news/casualty.pdf

4) Kenya- In Nairobi, about 212 people were killed and an estimated 4000 injured; in Dar es Salaam, the attack killed at least 11 and wounded 85.[2]

5) Bali-in 2002-killing 202 people, 164 of whom were foreign nationals, and 38 Indonesian citizens. A further 209 people were injured.

6) Bali in 2005- Twenty people were killed, and 129 people were injured by three bombers who killed themselves in the attacks.

7) Spain in 2004- killing 191 people and wounding 2,050.

8. UK in 2005- The bombings killed 52 commuters and the four radical Islamic suicide bombers, injured 700.

9) The execution of an eloping couple in Afghanistan on 04/15/2009 by the Taliban.

10) – Afghanistan: US troops 1,141 killed in action, 242 killed in non-combat situations as of 03/03/2011. Over 40,000 Afghan civilians killed due to the dark-age, koranic-driven Taliban acts of horror

11) The killing of 13 citizen soldiers at Ft. Hood by a follower of the koran.

12) 38 Russian citizens killed on March 29, 2010 by Muslim women suicide bombers.

13) The May 28, 2010 attack on a Islamic religious minority in Pakistan, which have left 98 dead,

14) Lockerbie is known internationally as the site where, on 21 December 1988, the wreckage of Pan Am Flight 103 crashed as a result of a terrorist bomb. In the United Kingdom the event is referred to as the Lockerbie disaster, the Lockerbie bombing, or simply Lockerbie. Eleven townspeople were killed in Sherwood Crescent, where the plane's wings and fuel tanks plummeted in a fiery explosion, destroying several houses and leaving a huge crater, with debris causing damage to a number of buildings nearby. The 270 fatalities (259 on the plane, 11 in Lockerbie) were citizens of 21 nations.

15 The daily suicide and/or roadside and/or mosque bombings in the terror world of Islam.

16) Bombs sent from Yemen by followers of the koran which fortunately were discovered before the bombs were detonated.

17) The killing of 58 Christians in a Catholic church in one of the latest acts of horror and terror in Iraq.

18) Moscow airport suicide bombing: 35 dead, 130 injured. January 25, 2011.

19) A Pakistani minister, who had said he was getting death threats because of his stance against the country's controversial blasphemy law, was shot and killed Wednesday, 3/2/2011

20) two American troops killed in Germany by a recently radicalized Muslim, 3/3/2011

21) the kidnapping and apparent killing of a follower of Zoraster in the dark world of Islamic Pakistan.

22) Shariatpur, Bangladesh (CNN 3/30/2011) - Hena Akhter's last words to her mother proclaimed her innocence. But it was too late to save the 14-year-old girl. Her fellow villagers in Bangladesh's Shariatpur district had already passed harsh judgment on her. Guilty, they said, of having an affair with a married man. The imam from the local mosque ordered the fatwa, or religious ruling, and the punishment: 101 lashes delivered swiftly, deliberately in public. Hena dropped after 70 and died a week later.

August 13, 2011 at 4:11 am |
    • Sweetenedtea

I think that's hilarious. Now tell us about the Crusades, the Inquisition, the numerous wars instigated by Rome, Byzantium, etc,, the conquistadors, and move onto the African-Americas slave trade, just to up the hilarity level.

August 13, 2011 at 8:42 pm |
    • Reality

The Twenty (or so) Worst Things People Have Done to Each Other:
      http://necrometrics.com/warstatz.htm#u (required reading)

"The Muslim Conquest of India

Rank <<<Death Toll <Cause <<Centuries<<<Religions/Groups involved*

1. 63 million Second World War 20C (Christians et al and Communists/atheists vs. Christians et al, Nazi-Pagan and "Shintoists")

2. 40 million Mao Zedong (mostly famine) 20C (Communism)

3. 40 million Genghis Khan 13C (Shamanism or Tengriism)

4. 27 million British India (mostly famine) 19C (Anglican)

5. 25 million Fall of the Ming Dynasty 17C (Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism, Chinese folk religion)

6. 20 million Taiping Rebellion 19C ( Confucianism, Buddhism and Chinese folk religion vs. a form of Christianity)

7. 20 million Joseph Stalin 20C (Communism)

8. 19 million Mideast Slave Trade 7C-19C (Islam)

9. 17 million Timur Lenk 14C-15C

10. 16 million Atlantic Slave Trade 15C-19C (Christianity)

11. 15 million First World War 20C (Christians vs. Christians)

12. 15 million Conquest of the Americas 15C-19C (Christians vs. Pagans)

13. 13 million Muslim Conquest of India 11C-18C

14. 10 million An Lushan Revolt 8C

15. 10 million Xin Dynasty 1C

16. 9 million Russian Civil War 20C (Christians vs Communists)

17. 8 million Fall of Rome 5C (Pagans vs. Pagans)

18. 8 million Congo Free State 19C-20C (Christians)

19. 7½ million Thirty Years War 17C (Christians vs Christians)

20. 7½ million Fall of the Yuan Dynasty 14C

*:" Is religion responsible for more violent deaths than any other cause?

A: No, of course not – unless you define religion so broadly as to be meaningless. Just take the four deadliest events of the 20th Century – Two World Wars, Red China and the Soviet Union – no religious motivation there, unless you consider every belief system to be a religion."

Q: So, what you're saying is that religion has never killed anyone.

A: Arrgh... You all-or-nothing people drive me crazy. There are many doc-umented examples where members of one religion try to exterminate the members of another religion. Causation is always complex, but if the only difference between two warring groups is religion, then that certainly sounds like a religious conflict to me. Is it the number one cause of mass homicide in human history? No. Of the 22 worst episodes of mass killing, maybe four were primarily religious. Is that a lot? Well, it's more than the number of wars fought over soccer, or s-ex (The Trojan and Sabine Wars don't even make the list.), but less than the number fought over land, money, glory or prestige.

In my Index, I list 41 religious conflicts compared with 27 oppressions under "Communism", 24 under Colonialism, 2 under "Railroads" and 2 under "Scapegoats". Make of that what you will."

August 14, 2011 at 12:36 am |
  19. Faith

Great! At last a clean comedy show for Americans! The religious Jews and pseudo-christians could not fix America. Go try, Muslims. You still need Jesus to be saved. Your comedy charity cannot save a single soul. Work for something that lasts for eternity. (John chapter 6) Work for religious freedom in all the Islamic land. Anything Americans do to you is nothing comparing to what your fellow Muslims do to infidels in your fatherland.

August 13, 2011 at 3:59 am |
  20. BG

Today a comedy tour, tomorrow another muslim legislator endorsing a local Sharia court or Islamic school. Leave 'em alone, let them 'practice their 'religion' in 'peace' ... and they will.

Then you call laugh at the joke 😆 they played on us.

The Arizona Immigration bill reversed by the 9th District Federal Court of Appeals has been sent to the SCOTUS. If the reversal is upheld, states will be stripped of all responsibility for immigration control which will become the exclusive domain of the Federal government. Holder has stated that they will not allow in criminals, however they will not restrict otherwise 'legal' immigration requests. Another reason to get rid of an administration that is building it's voter consti tuency at our nation's expense.

August 13, 2011 at 2:23 am |