home
RSS
Moses' journey now a Facebook game
The Journey of Moses is the first biblically-based Facebook game.
August 16th, 2011

Moses' journey now a Facebook game

By Gabe LaMonica, CNN

(CNN) - Moses is a cartoon with a big head, a small body and beady black button eyes with a spiky grey beard and spongy grey hair in a new game on Facebook.

The art style is meant to reflect "the casual social game" that it is, says Brent Dusing, CEO of Hexify, creator of the first biblically based Facebook game, The Journey of Moses. "It's a fun, immersive, adventure game, so it's meant to be fun but respectful to the content and appropriate for the gravity of the story."

Dusing says "300 million people play social games on Facebook." That's close to the population of the United States, so his target audience is "anyone from 13 to over 70 ... it's a timeless story that billions around the world know."

At the beginning of the game, pharoah's daughter, reminiscent of a Cleopatra bobble-head, picks up a bundled baby Moses and cradles him in her arms.

Moses is often portrayed as a great stutterer, timid of speaking in public, but in the game he is soon called a man schooled in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, molded into a Moses "powerful in speech and in action."

"Moses starts out as the grandson essentially of the king of the world," Dusing said.

From that starting point, any Facebook user who agrees to the terms of the application can invite friends to immerse themselves in a social game revolving around the life and journey of the religious figure.

It's free, but users can purchase elements along the way to better their experience in the game.

The Journey of Moses, like Facebook itself, is addictive, and advancement through the game, in which there is "no winning or losing," is contingent on social connections.

"It's an adventure quest game," or a "map exploration game," Dusing said. "A little bit like Zelda merged with the Moses story - that kind of gameplay where you're exploring different areas and find different items and meet different people to propel the story."

The small map expands exponentially as one gets further into the game. The player has to add friends to achieve certain things, thereby enabling Moses to pick up items otherwise locked to him in the game. The player must participate with friends as a collective to progress through certain parts of the story.

Brent Dusing is a Christian, but Hexify is not a Christian company, and this is not its first foray into the lucrative sea of Facebook-style social adventure games.

"It's been getting a very positive reception," he says, "with quite a few people playing it already."

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Bible • Culture & Science • Technology

1. SANJOSEMIKE

Cute. Except for one thing: There was no such person as Moses and the exudus never happened. It's just mythology.

August 17, 2011 at 10:15 am |
    • Not All Docs Play Golf

Unfortunatley, children's minds have been poisoned by being taken to see Charlton Heston part the sea in the Hollywood movie that pandered to the religious to make a buck. Many adults today, when they think of the story of Moses, have that feel-good mage of Charlton Heston come to mind immediately. They take it as fact.

August 17, 2011 at 10:20 am |
  2. superpaul3000

I love how people write these long ideological rambling posts thinking people are going to read them. God doesn't exist. This game will suck. Life goes on.

August 17, 2011 at 10:15 am |
  3. we want more

Hey FB, how about also including Joseph, Joshua, Ruth, Esther

August 17, 2011 at 10:08 am |
    • Juggling Squirrel-Jesus

Also: Zeus, Krishna, Osiris, and Aphrodite.

August 17, 2011 at 10:13 am |
    • WV

Or fried squirrel.

August 17, 2011 at 10:15 am |
  4. Russ

Maybe the worst move Facebook ever made. Just like Government, a social site is now place for religious zealots to push their crap on the rest of us. Shame on Facebook. Oh and Facebook is no place to spout your political crap either. Looks like mine and a lot of others will soon be giving up Facebook.

August 17, 2011 at 10:07 am |
    • Kyle

As someone who isn't religious, give it a break. No one is forcing anything on you. Just because they tell you their stories doesn't mean you have to believe. Be stronger than this.

August 17, 2011 at 10:14 am |
    • Science Prevails

They made terrible biblical nintendo games back in the 80's and no one converted from those. Angry Video Game nerd did an amazingly funny review of them. So terrible bible games have now moved on to flash and facebook. Who cares? It isn't as if Facebook is forcing you to play them.

August 17, 2011 at 10:16 am |
    • SillyGoose

That's the ticket! Freedom for you and no one else! Give em the what for and make sure no one can think any other way than you! Good job being an idiot.

August 17, 2011 at 10:21 am |
    • Civiloutside

I was rather under the impression that FB was a place for people to talk about whatever the heck they wanted to.

August 17, 2011 at 10:54 am |
    • Nikki

What makes you think that Facebook is just for your way of thinking? It is open world wide to all. If you don't like this game don't play. If there is an add you don't like, use the little X in the top right corner and delete it. If you don't want anyone else' s opinion then go live in a glass bubble as in the real world we are all subject to other opinions that, so far, in the United States we can accept or reject unlike some countries where you are beheaded if your belief does not line up with those in power.

August 17, 2011 at 1:05 pm |
    • Linda

No one is forcing anyway to play any game or shoving religious extremism down your throat. If you don't like the game or agree with the storyline, it's easy...DON'T PLAY AND IGNORE THE NEWS ABOUT IT. And if you don't like facebook..DON'T USE IT. Nobody is forcing anything on anybody. Cancel your FB account and go elsewhere. I am sick of drama kings and queens that think they have to put in their 2 cents worth on any subject. Your opinion is just not all that and a bag of chips!

August 20, 2011 at 4:42 pm |
    • ivan helen smith

Why does it bother you or anyone else that facebook want to put christian type games on facebook? are you guys afraid of the truth?? the mere fact that you and those like you are so hell bent on critising Christianity proves that you are afraid to admit there is a God.

August 21, 2011 at 6:57 am |
    • Answer

"I am sick of drama kings and queens that think they have to put in their 2 cents worth on any subject. Your opinion is just not all that and a bag of chips!"

You are sick of yourself too? You have just contributed your own drama point, your own two bits. As stated "your opinion is not ..."

I'm sure you realize what you have insulted yourself also.

September 7, 2011 at 7:11 pm |
  5. Doc Vestibule

I wouldn't worry too much about this game.
    Has anyone ever listened to a christian rock band and suddenly felt the need to be baptized?
    Didn't think so....

August 17, 2011 at 9:59 am |
    • William Demuth

I nailed a Catholic chick while listening to Winger.

Does that count?

August 17, 2011 at 10:08 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

@William
      Only if she called out to God mid-coitus.

August 17, 2011 at 10:16 am |
    • William Demuth

I must confess I often tell Latino broads my name is Jesus.

Seems to make them instantly subservient.

August 17, 2011 at 10:19 am |
  6. Lacking Evidence since 14 billion BCE

Please please please tell me it has the part where you have to look around to make sure no one is looking before you kill someone.

August 17, 2011 at 9:51 am |
    • todd

Do we get a sword that turns into a light sabre later in the game? All the prettier to murder the first born Egyptian sons whose only sins are to be born to Egyptians.

August 17, 2011 at 9:59 am |
  7. midogs2

@ Timo, lol

August 17, 2011 at 9:48 am |
  8. Larry

I'm amazed at people who actually criticise this game. It manily comes from the "intellectual elite". Yes, they sit in their lofty intellectual towers and come up with grand ideas, then leave their grand towers and do nothing to follow through. Freedom of expression and thought is high on their list as long as it follows their doctrine. If you believe in a loving, forgiving God that does not fit into their "plan". Therefore, becuase they know better, it is not acceptable, it is criticised as we see here and our society move forward, bettering itself each and every day! Wait, society is not getting better! We are more devided! We no longer believe in individual responsibility! When will you people learn. Christianity was never the problem. People were and are. If you meet a real christian who loves the Lord and who has the Holy Spirit guiding them, you will find the kind of person who is compassionate, loving, forgiving, patient and will give you the shirt off his or her back. It's all about "grace" people, undeserved forgiveness. It is not about condemnation. John 3:16.

August 17, 2011 at 9:43 am |

Larry

A loving God? Is that the same one that is going to damn billions to hell? The same one who killed millions of humans for being the imperfect creation of perfection personified.

We don't reject your God, we reject them ALL. Allah is no more or less a pathetic delusion than Jesus or Odin is.

The persecuted Christian thing is ridiculous. You sound like an abusive and drunk husband telling the officers his wife started it as they wheel her corpse into the coroners wagon.

August 17, 2011 at 9:50 am |
    • todd

Hey Larry, Christianity was never the problem? Tell that to the victims of the Crusades, or the Inquisition. Need more recent proof? Tell that to a few abortion doctors who were murdered in the name of God. Tell that to all the gays and lesbians in this country who are discriminated against in the name of God.

You are a sheeple.

August 17, 2011 at 10:01 am |
    • Larry

Williams. God did not condem millions, but rather people rejected a loving God that simply gave them a choice. By the way, "hell" is not a place under ground where people are exposed to extreme heat. You simply do not understand the context in which it is explained and understood. "Hell" is literally just the seperation from God- it will be "like" a living "hell" in which souls are nashing at thier teeth etc etc. If you were to study the bible and put these things into context you would see that this is true. I have three children. i can love them and protect them and guide them in every step they take, but in doing so, I devoid them of individual freedom. I need to let them make mistakes when they do not listen. I need to let them learn lifes lesson even when they are hard. People have a mentality that if you love and care for someone, you will protect them from any harm and suffering. Yet, in reality, we all understand that in times of suffering our greatest humanity comes out. God knows this. He will not spoil us. he will not "make" us love Him. it is a choice. If you reject God and His love and mercy, you are seperated from Him. It is your choice. It is not God rejecting you, but you rejecting God. As far as other "gods" like allah etc etc, yes I truly believe they are false gods. the bible is very clear about these false prophets. I certainly believe islam is an evil religion as is mormonism. Before judging so quickly, look at what the bible says, who Jesus was and you will simply find no fault in him. i dont hate people like you at all for criticising. as hard as it may be for you to understand, i feel extremely sorry for you. I would bet my life that you have a huge void in your life.

August 17, 2011 at 10:06 am |

Larry

I understood your faith better than you when I was nine.

I reject your God as a lie, and reject his followers as liars, charlatans, fools and spineless mindless sheep.

August 17, 2011 at 10:11 am |
    • Larry

Todd, those things were the results of actions by man, not God. i can go kill a few people and say I did it for God, but He never wanted that. I can go steel from a rich guy to provide for the poor, but the poor person i would provide for may condemn me for doing something he never supported. People do all kinds of things in the name of this person or that. hinkley shot reagan for Jody Foster. Is she guilty in any way? No, it was simply a misguided person. People kill people- not guns! If we dont have guns, people will kill with knives! If we dont have knives, people will kill with their bare hands. People are the problem! Like everything today, including President Obama, blame it on someone else without ever considering that you might be the source of the problem. We live in a very selfish world. It's all about "me". Dont cut into "my" lane while driving. Dont blame God for the evil man does in his supposed name.

August 17, 2011 at 10:12 am |
    • Not All Docs Play Golf

Oh, Larry...the reason that people who adhere to a religious belief have to evangelize, like you, is that, deep inside, you really have doubts as to whether you really believe it yourself, given the ridiculousness of some of the beliefs. So you cover up that doubt by evangelizing.

August 17, 2011 at 10:16 am |
    • richunix

@Larry.

No one questioning the cultural or historical facts about people that did exist. Just the stories that were created to embellish the belief in a GOD. There is a huge difference between historical fact and biblical fact. One has been proven through scientific tic exam or the other based on mythology.

Stephen F Roberts: “I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

Atheism is not a religion nor is it a belief.

August 17, 2011 at 10:24 am |
    • Alex

That was a great post, Larry. You're exactly right. The reason that people, like the first person who replied to your post, have a problem with religion and Christians is because of all the people who use the term "Christianity" in the same sentence they use to condemn someone. The compassionate and caring Christian you described is what the term "Christian" should really be associated with. And as for the damning of "billions to hell," William, we have been given our instructions on how to avoid that – by being GOOD. I just want to challenge you and all those who disagree with Christianity to not think of God and Jesus in terms of Christianity (because in this day and age, the term has been misconstrued), but in terms of only God and Jesus. If you would just read the Bible, you would see that there is nothing negative about it. Think about it...Christians are simply people. That's it. We are going to make mistakes as well, but we continue to TRY. We want to live the life of a good and Jesus-like person. And if God did not separate the good and the bad in Heaven and Hell, the Earth we live in now might as well be Heaven. Is this really all you want there to be? Not me. That would be like saying the Justice System is awful for putting bad people in jail for years and years. The Justice System is just trying to give the good people a safer and better world to live in. Now don't get me wrong. I don't mean to badger anyone or argue. I only want you to try. Just try. How many people have read a Harry Potter book? They're really long. I'm not saying anything is wrong with them. I'm just saying it would be far more worth it to put that kind of time into reading the Bible before you make your final judgement. And remember one thing...WHAT IF YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS AFTER DEATH? You've only got one shot at this life.

August 17, 2011 at 10:31 am |

Alex

I don't expect you to understand the conflict with predeterminisim, because it freaks out the Jesus crowd, but if the outcome is preordained (as you belief the Bible is) than no matter what you do it will happen exactly as God intended.

That is why your belief system is just plain silly, because God is going to burn us PERIOD.

August 17, 2011 at 10:51 am |
    • Larry

Not to prolong this arument. I studied Zoology in college and I am now an immunologist and researcher. i understand science exquisitly. Most people who post here do not, they just "talk the talk". The complexity of the immnune system alone is beyond any of your understandings. I work a department that has hundreds of scientists devoting their careers to understanding how this system works. It is extremely complex. for years, I challenged the preachers on campus during my undergradute years. I believed in evolution as the source of all living things. I met some christians on campus and drew up a frindship based on mutual respect. they listened to me and I to them. they did not shove it down my throat. The more I studied what was said in the bible AND the context of it all, the more i became convinced that this was true. No, i came from a stable family, good background, great childhood, great eduaction , yet understood that evolution simply could not explain it all. i do believe in evolution today, but not that it is responsible for the creation of all life. I also do not believe in fairytales. yet, i do understand that we are here, that energy and thus matter exists, but cannot tell you why? Yes, the Easter bunny did bring my daughter goodies on Easter. She believes in the Easter Bunny, but I do know the truth. Yet, we are hear in an incredibly complex universe and biological state! No, I have found that more and more scientists I know at NASA, NIH and JPL believe in the God of the bible. They are the most sound people I know. they have no serious issues at home. they are very stable, sound individuals. It is invariably the "unstable" researchers that do not believe, are paranoid and are very insecure. No, i do not feel a need to evangelize for my own reasons, i simply believe in sharing the good news of the bible with others. I do not condemn people for not listening as it is not my place to do so. If they disagree with me, that is fine. I have all the time in the world to be patient with them. in my line of work, patience is a necessity. No where is God's presence more obvious to me, than in the changed lives of thos I know who have a true faith in Him. One Physicist i know has given up half of his home to take in a non-believer who is homeless. i know of no other co-worker who would consider this who is a non-believer. Sure, I am sure there are non-believers who would, but in my experience I have never seen this. Divorce is rampant in the non-believers I know. Achohol consumption the same. Do I condemn these people? No! It simply shows the deep void in their lives and how they are longing for direction. You naysayers and unbelievers can argue all you want, but the proff is in the pudding. If you find a true believer, not culural Christian, you will find a transformed life. It is not me searching for direction, but the non-believer who feels a need to argure against Christianity, not because it does any good, but because they feel afraid to confront their own sin and acknowledge the deep void in their life. Arguing will never fill that void.

August 17, 2011 at 10:53 am |
    • William Demuth

Since when is Philosophy a science?

Spare me the ego trip. You know you can't have it both ways, and that sickens you because it wobbles the foundation of your faith.

Your God is going to damn BILLIONS of humans to an eternity of Agony, yet you still worship him.

You are BOTH evil

August 17, 2011 at 10:56 am |
    • Larry

William- I'm sorry you feel such anger towards a loving God. yet, it does not surprise me at all. The world is filled with usch hate. God does not condemn anyone. He has given everyone of us a choice. He gave His only son to even pay for all of mankinds sins. He does not ask us to go to the temple every day and bow down. He simply asks us to go to some place discrete, where others will not see you, and talk to him. He does not want you to give in front of others so you can boast. The God of the bible simply wants a one on one relationship with you. Heck, you do not even need to go to "church". That doesn't make you a good Christian! I leave you with this? Who is more uptight here? You or me? Why? I am completely at peace with myself. Are you? Be truthful !!!!

August 17, 2011 at 11:16 am |
    • Larry

Alex- That was beautifully said..... thank you brother!

August 17, 2011 at 11:18 am |

Larry

My life is JOYOUS!

As for your belief, your words conflict with your Dogma.

Did God give the first born of Egypt a choice? He murdered children to further his own aims.

He destroyed the planet in Noahs days as well.

For someone who is supposed to be so perfect, he actually seems quite petty!

He really isn't petty, because he dosen't exist, never has and never will.

Sadly his followers and their abominations do. The Gays persecuted, the witched burned, the Jews beaten to death, the Muslims bombed.

It seems you are an angry lot, rahter than the joy you claim to have

August 17, 2011 at 11:22 am |
    • Larry

William- I know I should probably leave this alone, but I must ask. Why am I evil? Why are you good and I evil? I am a sinner and fall very short of the glory of God, but why do you "think" I am evil? Please explain.

August 17, 2011 at 11:22 am |
    • Larry

William. God is just. My last post today so here it goes. Imagine a kid is brought before a court and charged with a crime. He is found guilty and must face justice. But there is a twist; the judge is the boy's father! Like any father, he wants to save his son from facing any judgement, but he is also a fair judge and knows that the law must be upheld and justice served. So, he finds his son guilty, orders him to pay a $500 fine or spend a week in jail. The son does not have the money and thus must serve the time. Here is the twist- the judge (father) takes off his justice robe, steps down from his bench and walks over to the bailiff. He pulls out his check book, rights a check for $500 and gives it to the court clerk. He then proceeds to walk back up to the bench, puts his robe back on and states that the fine has been paid and the defendeant is free to go! Justice must be served in a fair and just society. The judge could have simply let his son go! But he didn't. he followed a just system and paid the price himself. You see, God is a just God, and we muct pay the price for our transgressions as well. It is not that He doesn't love us, He does! So, much so, that He "decended" from heaven, took off his "robe" and paid the ultimate price for OUR TRANSGRESSIONS. No, God is not evil, He loves us so much that HE died for you, me and all mankind to pay for our sin (not His). God is not evil- man is...............................

August 17, 2011 at 11:41 am |

Larry

You are evil because you promote lies based on foolishness that harms millions, and you and your are ALL complicit in dragging my world towards an untimely end.

You are a cult member, and it is time your cult be broken

August 17, 2011 at 11:50 am |
    • J.W

Now I have an even better reason to be a Christian. To bring William's world to an end.

August 17, 2011 at 1:17 pm |

J.W

Alas dipstick, you apparently haven't noticed we have only one thing in common, THIS WORLD.

But your statement certainly is an accurate reflection of your Christian values and upbringing.

August 17, 2011 at 1:45 pm |
    • J.W

Actually William I think you live in a different world. Your world is called Crazy Land probably. I dont think you know anything about my values or upbringing.

August 17, 2011 at 1:55 pm |
    • Anon

Christians are screwed up in the head.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUVXEmJRGns&w=640&h=390]

August 17, 2011 at 1:57 pm |
  9. Reality

Gabe noted: "it's a timeless story that billions around the world know."

What he should have said: "its a timeless myth that billions have been brainwashed with as being true."

To wit: As we "thump" yet again the New Torah For Modern Minds:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F20E1EFE35540C7A8CDDAA0894DA404482 NY Times

"""""New Torah For Modern Minds""""""

“Abraham, the Jewish patriarch, probably never existed. Nor did Moses. The entire Exodus story as recounted in the Bible probably never occurred. The same is true of the tumbling of the walls of Jericho. And David, far from being the fearless king who built Jerusalem into a mighty capital, was more likely a provincial leader whose reputation was later magnified to provide a rallying point for a fledgling nation.

Such startling propositions – the product of findings by archaeologists digging in Israel and its environs over the last 25 years – have gained wide acceptance among non-Orthodox rabbis. But there has been no attempt to disseminate these ideas or to discuss them with the laity – until now.

The United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, which represents the 1.5 million Conservative Jews in the United States, has just issued a new Torah and commentary, the first for Conservatives in more than 60 years. Called "Etz Hayim" ("Tree of Life" in Hebrew), it offers an interpretation that incorporates the latest findings from archaeology, philology, anthropology and the study of ancient cultures. To the editors who worked on the book, it represents one of the boldest efforts ever to introduce into the religious mainstream a view of the Bible as a human rather than divine doc-ument.

The notion that the Bible is not literally true "is more or less settled and understood among most Conservative rabbis," observed David Wolpe, a rabbi at Sinai Temple in Los Angeles and a contributor to "Etz Hayim." But some congregants, he said, "may not like the stark airing of it." Last Passover, in a sermon to 2,200 congregants at his synagogue, Rabbi Wolpe frankly said that "virtually every modern archaeologist" agrees "that the way the Bible describes the Exodus is not the way that it happened, if it happened at all." The rabbi offered what he called a "LITANY OF DISILLUSION”' about the narrative, including contradictions, improbabilities, chronological lapses and the absence of corroborating evidence. In fact, he said, archaeologists digging in the Sinai have "found no trace of the tribes of Israel – not one shard of pottery."

August 17, 2011 at 9:42 am |
    • Larry

yes, "probably never existed". Not "never". Why is it so hard to believe? There is so much archeological evidence that supports the bible. Time and again, when critics conclude that a given biblical location or fact is not verifiable, we discover evidence that it was. Most, underline most, people who criticise the bible have never studied it to understand it. Hearing about various passages does not make you an expert. Physicists believe in strands of energy called "strings" that they conclude will never be measurable or detectable, but do explain how the universe ultimately works. look up String or M theory. Is it scince or philosophy? It is believed to be true, but simply cannot be measured! It also calls on 11 dimensions in which there literally could be parallel universes right in front of us that we cannot see! In the past we would have considered such a notion crazy! yet today, science does not. Therefore, scinece believes there are other dimensions and "planes" that we cannot detect but are there! So, by the work of phycisits, God could be right in front of us and never bee "seen". this, folks is not scince fiction but becoming more and more accepted reality. Read the bible, see it's cohesiveness that does not contredict itself but support itself. Oh, there are critics that point to inconsistancies, but remember when two people see the same thing, thier stories, while support the same conclusion, remember details to varying degrees. It is only when a story is made up and the facts checked do they overlap themselves so perfectly.

August 17, 2011 at 9:55 am |
    • Anon

Just because New York City exists, doesn't mean Spider-Man is real.

August 17, 2011 at 10:07 am |
    • Reality

Some of the things we find in the bible:

Starting with some god-approved atrocities:

To wit:

•Exodus 32: 3,000 Israelites killed by Moses for worshipping the golden calf.

•Numbers 31: After killing all men, boys and married women among the Midianites, 32,000 virgins remain as booty for the Israelites. (If unmarried girls are a quarter of the population, then 96,000 people were killed.)

•Joshua: ◦Joshua 8: 12,000 men and women, all the people of Ai, killed.
      ◦Joshua 10: Joshua completely destroys Gibeon ("larger than Ai"), Makeddah, Libnah, Lachish, Eglon, Hebron, Debir. "He left no survivors."
      ◦Joshua 11: Hazor destroyed. [Paul Johnson, A History of the Jews (1987), estimates the population of Hazor at ?> 50,000]
      ◦TOTAL: if Ai is average, 12,000 x 9 = 108,000 killed.

•Judges 1: 10,000 Canaanites k. at Battle of Bezek. Jerusalem and Zephath destroyed.
      •Judges 3: ca. 10,000 Moabites k. at Jordan River.
      •Judges 8: 120,000 Midianite soldiers k. by Gideon
      •Judges 20: Benjamin attacked by other tribes. 25,000 killed.

•1 Samuel 4: 4,000 Isrealites killed at 1st Battle of Ebenezer/Aphek. 30,000 Isr. k. at 2nd battle.
      •David: ◦2 Samuel 8: 22,000 Arameans of Damascus and 18,000 Edomites killed in 2 battles.

◦2 Samuel 10: 40,000 Aramean footsoldiers and 7,000 charioteers killed at Helam.
      ◦2 Samuel 18: 20,000 Israelites under Absalom killed at Ephraim.

•1 Kings 20: 100,000 Arameans killed by Israelites at Battle of Aphek. Another 27,000 killed by collapsing wall.
      •2 Chron 13: Judah beat Israel and inflicted 500,000 casualties.
      •2 Chron 25: Amaziah, king of Judah, k. 10,000 from Seir in battle and executed 10,000 POWs. Discharged Judean soldiers pillaged and killed 3,000.
      •2 Chron 28: Pekah, king of Israel, slew 120,000 Judeans

•TOTAL: That comes to about 1,283,000 mass killings specifically enumerated in the Old Testament/Torah.

The New Testament has only one major atrocity, that of god committing filicide assuming you believe in this Christian mumbo jumbo. Said atrocity should be enough to vitiate all of Christianity.

August 17, 2011 at 1:34 pm |
  10. Facespace

Its things like this that are going to send Facebook out like Myspace. One of the main draws of Facebook was that it was simple, it was clean. Now it is becoming cluttered just like Myspace was/is. Everytime I logon there is a new feature, a new pop up prompting me to change something. Its annoying. Zuckerberg may be smart, but he needs to stop are realize why his product became succesful in the first place.

August 17, 2011 at 9:40 am |
  11. l

I look forward to Jesus & Mohammed gets married.

August 17, 2011 at 9:37 am |
    • THe Balance

Blasphemous! Not in our lifetime...but also my political science teacher use to say..."no in our lifetime we will have a woman or black person as president in USA". In any case, if what you will would happen, I may even visit a church some time. Handel oratorios and operas are beautiful!

August 17, 2011 at 9:48 am |
    • William Demuth

Mo pitches and JC catches?

August 17, 2011 at 9:52 am |
  12. Timo

If it has Charlton Heston voice-overs I am in!

August 17, 2011 at 9:35 am |
  13. love him

Gotta love Moses, a superhero!!!!

August 17, 2011 at 9:33 am |
  14. Anotherdayjustbelieve

something to smile about..... (:

August 17, 2011 at 9:29 am |
    • The Guy

Your smile is backwards, as is your outlook on the world.

August 17, 2011 at 10:08 am |
  15. BD70

My only problem with the game is once again you have to add "friends" to get to each level and unlock things. I ended up with friends from the UK but in order to keep going you end up with friends of friends and friends of those friends...no thanks.

August 17, 2011 at 9:27 am |
    • William Demuth

How do you think we Athiest nerds are compiling our hit lists?

Download a small virus and BOOM, we can track the Jesus freaks until we know EVERY last one.

August 17, 2011 at 9:42 am |
    • BD70

Careful William ...you might get someone who just plays the game for the game. Quite a few out there that don't care about the theme of the game.

August 17, 2011 at 10:10 am |

BD70

So we lose a few for the greater good.

The infection is so insidious we must take EXTREME precautions

August 17, 2011 at 10:14 am |
  16. Ryan

I'm a Christian but I have yet to understand how this story deserves the hate that the comments would suggest. The story of Moses is accepted by Islam, Judaism, and Christianity. If you don't like the app, don't play it. But to suggest that every believer of all 3 religions mentioned are completely baseless seems a little far fetched. Billions of people of different faiths are completely on the same page with the story of Moses. I also don't understand why people get upset with the methods that God used to instruct, correct, and lead His people. You may not agree with everything and you may think you have a better plan, but you don't have a universe.

August 17, 2011 at 9:27 am |
    • THe Balance

Falacy!

August 17, 2011 at 9:31 am |
    • jimtanker

That is an argument from popularity and has no weight.

If everyone suddenly decided that the Sun was the center of the Solar system, like christians used to believe, that would not make it true.

August 17, 2011 at 9:36 am |
    • Michael Schulze

The story of Moses should be considered immoral to any thinking person as it is one of religious genocide. An interesting experiment was done where a researcher took away the religious labels of these stories and the readers found them appauling. I find the majority of world religions to be very offensive. You conform to a belief system that claims it is immune to criticism while justifying murder of innocent people. I don't understand how you are not embarresed by that.

August 17, 2011 at 9:40 am |
    • Timo

Well said Ryan. I guess most people fail to open any "Holy Book" to see what it actually says in order to have any of their own ideas. Most are just quoting what some college professor told them once. They get to write off religion all together to get a piece of paper that says "good job, you can now think like a humanist."

August 17, 2011 at 9:41 am |
    • richunix

Please tell me (and the rest of the world) gods name! The word GOD is 6th century German. Please tell me the diference in GODS of YAHWEH and ZEUS (Becarful there...the Bible clearly stats he's a jealous god, therefore other gods must to exists). The point is its stories written in a time when multiple gods was the norm...not the reality of nature.

Atheism is not a religion nor is it a belief.

August 17, 2011 at 9:41 am |
    • l

learn about the human brain

August 17, 2011 at 9:55 am |
    • jimtanker

Try again Timo,

Most atheists know more about your little book of multiple guess than you do.

August 17, 2011 at 10:26 am |
  17. THe Balance

Thanks FB, you just gave me the last push to move my main social networking to G Plus. As well to the millions of users in the world that don't want to be proselitazed in any way, along with the millions from other religions that do not want to be smeared with Christian Sht. To sumarize, thanks FB to alienate nearly 70% of your users, now we can move out with a good reason.

August 17, 2011 at 9:27 am |
    • BD70

Your moving off FB cause of a biblical game? lol

August 17, 2011 at 9:29 am |
    • heyitsme

this is no different then any other game on FB, you were LOOKING for a reason, so you put the blame here. Congratz – shows your education level. All i have to say is – dont let the door hit you....

August 17, 2011 at 9:38 am |
  18. Mick

Will the game show God's chosen people killing all the Midianites and raping the virgins (Numbers 31:17-18)? Will it show God killing thousands of Egyptians with horrible plagues, then murdering all the non-jewish firstborn, for the sin of having a cruel leader (Exodus 7-12)? Will it show people beating slaves – permissable under God's law as long as they don't die (Exodus 21:20-21)?

August 17, 2011 at 9:17 am |
    • Ryan

It would have every right to. I know that all sounds horrible because you are using worldly standards but that was God's laws for His people at the time.

August 17, 2011 at 9:32 am |

Ryan

So God is evolving??

HAHAHAHAHHAHA!

August 17, 2011 at 9:43 am |
    • Mick

Then you're saying, Ryan, that the all-wise ruler of the universe changed his mind?

August 17, 2011 at 9:58 am |
    • come on man

@ Mick
      well if your an athiest you shouldn't have a problem with the supposed genocide that you bring up. You can't account for morality if God does not exist..........all morality becomes relative and meaningless without him!

August 17, 2011 at 10:05 am |
    • Stevie7

"You can't account for morality if God does not exist..........all morality becomes relative and meaningless without him!"

The only thing stopping you from killing other people on a whim is some 2000+ year old book? Some of us can actually think for ourselves. Morality exists, and is ingrained in us, because it is necessary for the survival of our species. No deity is required.

And ... morality is relative. Different cultures have different morals. Being relative doesn't make moral meaningless.

August 17, 2011 at 10:09 am |
  19. spikelanta

I am getting so sick of social networks! Religion and online games, that's cool. I have no problem with that. But all this "look us up on facebook/myspace/twitter/whatever, is really getting out of hand. The only reason I joined them was to keep up with old friends, and it's getting to the point now where I don't really want to do that. Long story on why that is. The point I'm trying to make is, I've been on myspace and facebook since 2006. I'm getting sick of both of them. I wish this whole "social networks" fad(yes, to me it's just a Fad) would hurry up and die down. They just aren't fun anymore.

August 17, 2011 at 9:15 am |
    • XW

I agree with you, I had myspace and cancelled it, I only have FB now to keep up with my family and friends but I do not play any games there, and I hate people sending me request over and over to play with them, it is getting really crazy....

August 17, 2011 at 9:19 am |
    • Nikki

No one is forcing you to use any social network. All you have to do is quit using them.

August 17, 2011 at 1:14 pm |
  20. Andrew

Myth based on myth. I'll be looking forward to "Jesus and The Dinosaur Race".

August 17, 2011 at 9:13 am |
    • William Demuth

Jesus hates dinosaurs, thats why he killed them all.

Great Guy isn't he?