home
RSS
October 4th, 2011

Libyan Jew returns from exile to restore synagogue

By Mohamed Fadel Fahmy, CNN

(CNN) - Libyan Jew David Gerbi on Sunday hammered down the brick wall blocking the entrance to the rundown Dar Bishi Synagogue in Tripoli on what he called a “historic day.”

Flanked by journalists and curious residents from the neighborhood, Gerbi, dressed in an “I love Libya” T-shirt, collapsed as he yelled, “This is for all those who suffered under Gadhafi."

With a U.S. security contractor accompanying him, Gerbi continued to strike the wall until it was destroyed.

Read the full story at CNN's news blog, This Just In
- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Houses of worship • Judaism • Libya

1. hippypoet

May the ALMIGHTY SUN light your path to truth.

October 5, 2011 at 10:53 am |
  2. Atheists < Poo

Name says it all :)

October 5, 2011 at 10:09 am |
  3. Bo

@Hippy I like to cook also. One my best is a potato salad. For a potato salad it has a lot of ingerdients, but it is my own recipe. I have what I call a secret ingredIent. It's not really secret, but it is very hard to find. One friend said that without it, it's just like any other potato salad. It is McCormik's 'Just a Pinch Original All-Purpose Salt Free Seasoning' (I don't get paid for advertising) I have a hard time finding it. The last time I bought it I had to drive 30 miles to a run-down store that looked like it might shut down the next day it was in such bad shape, I bought all they had: 6 bottles. I may have to by direct from McCormik the next time. McCormik has two Salt Free Seasonings, so you have to get the Origional, if you can find it. This is more enjoyable than "Swashbuckling" over belifs. BTW I don't want to burst your bubble, but have you seen the size of Arcturus, and that is not the largest star, I just can't spell the name of the largest star, sounds something like baggel juice.

October 5, 2011 at 6:26 am |
  4. Yoann

How long before they claim libya their ancient home land and occupy it with weapons givn to them by the USA

October 4, 2011 at 10:07 pm |
    • Chuckles

Im going to go with around never, then again your post proves anti-semitism is alive and well, so that's awesome, really grade-A stuff.

October 4, 2011 at 10:10 pm |
  5. Bo

@HippyI hope you are talking about a kitchen 'blade'. How fast can you chop onions?

October 4, 2011 at 9:20 pm |
    • hippypoet , the prophet

i can chop very very fast given adequate sharpness of the blade, i have studied the samurai, i was properly taught how to weild a blade. i turned to food after learning of my food allergies, wheat, gluten, flour, soy, and lactose intolence...but i love to cook so it makes it more interesting but the food i can buy at the store tastes like sh!t.

oh my prophetness is here:

say onto the lord god the SUN, we the people ask you why thoust shine and whom thoust shine for? ALMIGHTY SUN THEN SPOKE – WHY DO HUMANS ASK SUCH QUESTIONS WHY I SHINE FOR THE REASON OF MY FIRE BURNS, THE HEAT IS GIVEN TO USE...TRANSFERR THE ENERGY INTO ALL THINGS, I THE GOD SUN, THE ALMIGHTY SUN, ALL POWERFUL AND GIVING GOD TELL ALL INTELLIGENT ENOUGH TO USE MY ENERGY TO GO FORTH AND SHINE IN EACH YOUR OWN WAY, FOR ALL I FIND ARE BEAUTIFUL. PRAISE BE ONTO THE GREAT LORD GOD THE SUN ,THE ALMIGHTY SUN , ALL POWERFUL AND GIVING SUN!

October 4, 2011 at 10:08 pm |
    • Klark

Hello there, just turned into aware of your blog thru Google, and lotcaed that it's really informative. I'm gonna watch out for brussels. I will appreciate in case you proceed this in future. Many folks can be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

June 26, 2012 at 11:28 am |
  6. Bo

A real dumb blound story: My grandson was working for a tow truck company. One hot day they got an urgent call from a frantic woman. She said that she had locked herself out of her car and her baby was in the car. My grandson got the call and rushed to the scene. When he got there the poor woman was beside herself and begged him to hurry. He walked over to the car, a convertable, reached over the open top and opened the door.

October 4, 2011 at 8:25 pm |
  7. Central Scrutinizer

Mr. Gerbi, TEAR DOWN THAT WALL!

Applause and Cheers.

October 4, 2011 at 7:02 pm |
  8. Bo

I've learned that the only reason for this kind of article is to fill in the gap with swashbuckling of atheists and Christians.

October 4, 2011 at 6:05 pm |
    • hippypoet

@Bo, swashbuckling ... i like it... and i'm good with a blade! i challenge you!

October 4, 2011 at 8:09 pm |
  9. William Demuth

Great

Now in ten years they will claim they are persecuted.

The stupidity cycle continues.

October 4, 2011 at 1:50 pm |
  10. DamianKnight

First!

October 4, 2011 at 1:45 pm |
    • Chuckles

DARN! You beat me to it!

October 4, 2011 at 1:46 pm |
    • The Return Of Alvin Sklunk, Assistant Accountant From Beyond The 37th dimension ! ! !

Well, we are up to three posts more than this loser of a non-story deserves.

October 4, 2011 at 1:50 pm |