home
RSS
My Faith: Who does God listen to?
October 15th, 2011

My Faith: Who does God listen to?

Editor's note: Missionary and conference speaker Jason Frenn is the author of “The Seven Prayers God Always Answers.”

By Jason Frenn, Special to CNN

(CNN) - I was 8 when I first walked into the huge church in Woodland Hills, California. Cautiously moving down the center aisle with my mouth half-open, I gazed at the candles, elaborate statues and stained-glass images and silently asked: “Would God listen if I prayed?”

At the time, I didn’t know much about spiritual things, and unfortunately, I didn’t have anyone in my life who was in a position to enlighten me. Deep down inside, I wondered if God truly cared when I talked to him.

That basic question led me to a simple yet all-important discovery. It’s not how important or pious we are, or even how perfect our beliefs may be. God listens to all of us when we pray. What matters most to him is the sincerity of our heart, and that is precisely what generates a response.

But as I Christian I wonder, "What about people from other religions and walks of life? Does God listen when they pray?"

At this time in our nation’s history, we’ve become polarized over religious issues, but God hasn’t.

He isn’t confined by our opinions or theological positions. Instead, his ways transcend culture and theology. Even our lack of faith and moral shortcomings don’t prevent him from listening to our prayers.

If they did, many great people in history, including King David, an adulterer, and Moses, a murderer, never would have attained an audience with the creator. Regardless of one’s religion, culture or level of morality, God offers all of us something wonderful that might seem surprising to many.

If you’re a Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist or even an atheist, you don’t need the faith to move mountains or even be a saint to get God’s ear.

Throughout the Bible, there is only one prerequisite to God listening to our petitions. If your heart is sincere when you pray, God will listen and offer an answer to your prayers. This is true for everyone, everywhere, every time.

In Matthew 7:7, Christ spoke to a small crowd and made this promise about prayer. “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” God listens to every genuine prayer directed to him. It may not be the answer you’re looking for; nonetheless, you can count on a response to your petition.

A few months ago, I received an e-mail from a man in Africa. He mentioned that he was facing a difficult challenge in his personal life and needed to overcome some significant barriers.

He was scanning channels and came across a television program showing me speaking at a large church. He watched as I said, “God asks you the question, ‘What do you want me to do for you?' ” Suddenly, he paused. What he wrote next in his e-mail struck me. “I am not a Christian,” he said. “I am a Muslim.”

He said, “You encouraged me to pray. So I did, because I am presently going through a difficult challenge in my life that I desperately need to overcome. I realize that I am not alone and that I should pray and ask God Almighty for help. God is answering my prayers.”

He ended his letter by stating, “Prayer and more prayer is what I'll be doing to overcome this barrier!”

I want to leave you with this final thought. If you find yourself dealing with family issues, financial challenges, personal health problems or any other area where you need help, there are prayers God always says yes to regardless of your background or personal faith. You will never know what incredible breakthrough awaits you until you start praying.

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Jason Frenn.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Belief • Christianity

1. kimsland

Does your god also listen to me when I curse?
    jesus fuking christ, you're a son of a b!tch.

Really I think your god might be into bestiality.
    Ha Ha Ha ha
    Thanks for listening to an atheist, this is just great 🙂

October 15, 2011 at 10:31 am |
    • @@

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr5eeaknirQ&w=640&h=360]

October 15, 2011 at 10:34 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

Hmm.....me thinks that Jason Frenn's touched something in Kimsland's inner self. I have never seen her go crazy like this before.....

... I think that we have an Atheist that has a crack in her armor. 🙂

Kimsland ... that "nice goee luvy way" of life, is still an option for you

October 15, 2011 at 10:38 am |
    • kimsland

I'll go now.
      Just was happy to read that your god is finally listening to atheists.
      Now can the rest of the world start following by example.

October 15, 2011 at 10:41 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

>>>"Just was happy to read that your god is finally listening to atheists."

And when I heard that Christopher Hitchens acknowledging that he does not believe prayer works but he could respect those of Faith praying for him and his battle with Cancer.... I realized that folks can get along.

that "nice goee luvy way" of life, ...think about it while you are out today Kimsland

October 15, 2011 at 10:51 am |
    • Keith

Everything you say and do is recorded in books. You will be judged based on what is written in these books. Kimsland, you are heaping up for yourself wrath. I suggest you stop it and repent, ask God for forgiveness. You really don't appear to know what you are doing.

October 15, 2011 at 1:28 pm |
    • HeavenSent

kimsland, Jesus could forgive you for being obnoxious to Him in the flesh, but, not to Him in the Holy Spirit. You loose.

October 15, 2011 at 1:54 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

"You loose"? "Loose" what?

I think it's you that are "loose", HS--from the home.

October 15, 2011 at 2:58 pm |
    • Webster

Tom, Yeah, I let that "loose" go uncommented upon. The main thing "loose" with HS is her brain synapses.

October 15, 2011 at 3:04 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Ah. I thought it was a screw.

October 15, 2011 at 7:14 pm |
    • warmesTghosT

For an omnipotent, omni-forgiving and all-knowing deity you Christians sure seem to have yourselves a petty and spiteful god. Kind of reminds me of you...

October 20, 2011 at 1:11 pm |
  2. kimsland

And I want a puppy, and a giraffe, and 6 elephants (I live near and church)
    Ha Ha Ha ha
    Thanks for listening.
    Oh and if I lived in year 0, I'd say capital punishment for this jesus nutto too, the less of those sick people the better for all.

October 15, 2011 at 10:24 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

And I will Pray that Kimsland tries or returns to the "nice goee luvy way" of life.

It is an awesome state of mind for her to return too. 🙂

October 15, 2011 at 10:34 am |
  3. Who does God listen to?

James 5:16

October 15, 2011 at 10:21 am |
  4. kimsland

Does your god also hear my laughter.
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
    That one is pointed directly at religion.
    Ha Ha Ha
    Stay tuned (your god) I laugh more on Sundays
    Thanks for listening to an atheist
    This is just fantastic, more love to me.

October 15, 2011 at 10:18 am |
  5. Lee

Which god? I hope Poseiden listens to me when I'm swimming.

October 15, 2011 at 10:12 am |
    • kimsland

I think they are talking about the sick prophet Allah.
      Who knows, maybe the moon god

October 15, 2011 at 10:14 am |
  6. Rainer Braendlein

From the above article:

Unqoute.

King David was a righteous man and usually lead a righteous life. His adultery with Uria's wife was just a unfortunate stumble. After a while David repented and did not keep on living in adultery.

Moses was a murderer? Never. He merely killed an Egyptian, who had abused an Israelite. Moses was not greedy for the honor, power and riches (of Egypt), but defended God's Chosen People. Moses deed was very honourable. Moses killed a lousy criminal Egyptian.

Funny, how Mr. Frenn misinterpretes the Bible. If many such individuals live in the US, I predict a dark future for America.

October 15, 2011 at 10:02 am |
    • TruthPrevails

Unfortunately Rainer, the misinterpretation is too common...it is part of the reason Atheist's and non-believers stay away and no longer accept it. Every flavor of every belief has their own spin on what the scriptures mean.

October 15, 2011 at 10:10 am |
    • Madtown

Funny, how Mr. Frenn misinterpretes the Bible
      ---–
      That's really kind of a core issue, isn't it? The fact that biblical scripture can be interpreted so many different ways. Take a passage, let 10 people read it, and you'll typically get 10 different interpretations. You find his interpretation "funny". Why is his less viable than yours?

October 15, 2011 at 10:26 am |
    • Rainer Braendlein

@Madtown

My interpretation is to favour, because altogether I agree with the Early Church, which was established by Christ himself.

October 15, 2011 at 10:34 am |

rainer
      Beware of geeks bearing gifts."truth"prevails likes to pretend that he is an authority and an intellectual, but ignores the fact that he was caught a while back declaring there were no nations in the book of Revelation and then posting 20 or so translations and paraphrases that listed two nations in Revelation.God bless

October 15, 2011 at 10:37 am |
    • TruthPrevails

@Herbie: you still have failed to provide proof of such post and you still have not provided proof that your god exists. LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR. EVOLUTION IS REAL...THE BIBLE IS FALSE...THE EARTH IS CLOSE TO 14 BILLION YEARS OLD...JESUS WAS NEVER RESURRECTED FROM THE DEAD...GOD DOES NOT EXIST...YOU ARE A LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR...YOU NEED TO GET YOUR F'N HEAD CHECKED BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE...STOP SPREADING YOUR LIES YOU SCHIZOPHRENIC FREAK OF FUKING NATURE.

October 15, 2011 at 11:26 am |

@"truth"
      Me thinks he doth protest too much.God bless

October 15, 2011 at 11:49 am |
    • TruthPrevails

@herbie: are you capable of thinking for yourself? nothing I have ever posted was anything that could not be backed with evidence. what I am enjoying is the fact that every time you are asked to provide proof for your god, you fail to do so...could it be that you just like every other christian out there and every other person (believer or not) is incapable of doing so?

October 15, 2011 at 12:01 pm |

@"truth"?
      Once again with the changing the subject thing.Up until your most recent post nothing on this thread requested proof.Try to stay on topic.God bless

October 15, 2011 at 12:06 pm |
    • Red Wings

I think its that time of the month for TruthPrevails

October 17, 2011 at 4:33 pm |
  7. kimsland

Oh and thanks for loving me.
    Even though you religious people are the most sickest foolish people in the world.
    Now, all the love to me again.
    Idiots. Ha Ha ha

October 15, 2011 at 10:00 am |
    • Godlover

Hopefully you are intelligent enough to realize that simply calling someone something or labeling them does not make them that way. Obviously, that's simply your opinion of them.

October 15, 2011 at 11:04 am |
  8. kimsland

Oh, I forgot to ask my question.
    What 'god' would put billions (including past ones) to an eternity burning in fire, just because they didn't go to some cement man made building and 'praise' some Middle Eastern guy who I'm pretty sure was gay.
    Answer that, sicko.
    I pray people will wake up, and realize that Allah is not real
    I pray people will wake up, and realize the son, is actually the Sun in the sky
    I pray people will wake up, and realize god is NOT real.
    Thanks for listening, now I expect these prayers to come true, or I'll send god himself to your hell.
    Burn the bible too, and the qur'an, how dare people cut down millions of trees for this rubbish.

October 15, 2011 at 9:57 am |
    • HeavenSent

kimsland, why do you always bring up the gay issue? The gay issue seems to dominate this blog. Gays need to read, comprehend and apply Jesus' righteous truth to their lives as we all do.

October 15, 2011 at 2:01 pm |
    • tallulah13

By your logic, Keith, every christian is a genocidal pedophile. Is that what you are trying to say?

October 15, 2011 at 2:31 pm |
    • tallulah13

Oh, for the love of mike. I'm going post this in the right place now.

October 15, 2011 at 2:32 pm |
    • Keith

talluhah13, what??? I'm not pickin' up what your layin' down.

October 15, 2011 at 10:04 pm |
  9. kimsland

God listens to atheists too?
    I've heard it all.

Does that also mean that religious people now hear science as the only reasonable explanation for everything?
    What a break through 🙂

At last the heavens can be the stars at night, again. And not this made up fairytale idiocy.

October 15, 2011 at 9:48 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

Kimsland.... that is the problem with folks like you. I have been on this blog for about a year now. I have listened to rational and socially stable Atheist and found great kindness and great discussions.

You see Kimsland ...that is the "listening" part. I mostly do not agree with their atheist views but I do listen and that is and has always been the key to peaceful understandings.

"listening" does not mean the same as converting or agreeing Kimsland. 🙂

October 15, 2011 at 10:03 am |
    • kimsland

What Mark in the Middle of a River?

Get it through your head. Religion is wrong and the world needs to be TOLD this since some people are hard at hearing common sense.

October 15, 2011 at 10:11 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

>>>"My way (not your nice goee luvy way) is the ONLY way to tell these immature fools that we live in the 21st century"

Hmm.. "My way" ... is that the same as "Mein Kampf" 🙂

Well then Kimsland, it is your way of conflict and hate vs my way of tolerance and a desire for peace.

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IUSZyjiYuY&w=640&h=360]

October 15, 2011 at 10:30 am |
    • kimsland

What's worse than a foolish religious person
      That horrible religious music.

Oh, look at the wide eyed ignorant fools, aint they stoopy.
      My little kids also laugh at religion, and your god hears us, OH I'm going to never stop this then, at last religious fools are hearing me and waking up from their craziness.

October 15, 2011 at 10:36 am |
    • Keith

kimsland, atheism IS a religion. Just ask the millions that Joseph Stalin killed. Pol Pot. Kim Jung Il. And on it goes.

October 15, 2011 at 10:36 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

>>>"That horrible religious music."

That is Nickelback, who are not a Religious band and that song is not a Religious song. You are talking about the group that sings "burn it to the ground" with lyrics ... "We're screaming like demons, swinging from the ceiling. I got a fist full of fifties, tequila just hit me"

Maybe you should go and ask your kids....seems you are out of for generation.

.... you lose Kimsland... the "nice goee luvy way" of life, is still an option for you Kimsland.

October 15, 2011 at 10:46 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

How does the Holocaust or any other genocidal act prove that atheism is a religion, Steve?

October 15, 2011 at 11:15 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Sorry, my last post was intended for Keith.

October 15, 2011 at 11:16 am |

tom tom,do you spell Keith S-t-e-v-e?God bless

October 15, 2011 at 12:03 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Do you know how to read, herbie?

October 15, 2011 at 12:05 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

While Stalin was an atheist, he did not perpetrate his atrocities because of his atheism. There's nothing about atheism that necessarily leads to mass murder or genocide.
      Atheism is simply the lack of belief in god.

October 15, 2011 at 12:14 pm |
    • Keith

Truthprevails, Try telling that to the families of his victims, that is unless he killed them, too.

October 15, 2011 at 1:31 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

What part of this do you fail to grasp, Keith? Being an atheist does not equal being a mass-murderer; being a Christian doesn't preclude being a criminal.

You have failed in your response to recognize that the fact that Stalin was an atheist and murdered doesn't prove that atheism is a religion. And the more you flail about, the clearer it becomes that you don't know what you're talking about.

October 15, 2011 at 1:39 pm |
    • HeavenSent

kimsland, your rant on science is old. Christians believe in true (proven) science. However, we do go ga-ga over theories until proven. True Science is proving the written word of Jesus (the Bible).

October 15, 2011 at 2:03 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Correction. Typed too fast. I meant to write "don't go ga-ga over theories".

October 15, 2011 at 2:05 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

No, it isn't, Heaven Sent.

Evolution occurred, is occurring, and will continue to occur. That you don't know the scientific definition of "theory" and how it differs from the common use of the word in a non-scientific context is not surprising.

October 15, 2011 at 2:30 pm |
    • tallulah13

(Hopefully in the correct spot this time...)

October 15, 2011 at 2:33 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Tomisthina, not that you care, but the reason why the evolution theory exists is to get God's children away from His truth. Evolution, Big bang theory, all phony religions etc. It worked with you. Plus, what you write is irrelevant with your pent up anger about being gay and shoving it all over this post. Get over yourself.

October 15, 2011 at 2:58 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

"Being gay"? Where do you get that?

I suspect HS has a gnat.

October 15, 2011 at 3:00 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Tommie, Tom, you ranted at another person months ago about this issue. Then a few weeks back you stated you were happily married. This week and next will be something different. Do you believe I take your post seriously? NOT in this life time.

October 15, 2011 at 3:10 pm |
    • tallulah13

Wow. HS, your interpretation of science is kind of paranoid. I'm sorry that reality doesn't mesh with your personal fantasy, but the thing about science is that observations can be tested and verified. You have nothing like that in your religion. You don't even have a shred of proof that your god exists.

You are perfectly welcome to your delusion, but rational people tend to go where proof leads.

October 15, 2011 at 3:17 pm |
    • Webster

@Heaven Sent,

Where did you ever get the idea that the plural of 'post' is 'post'? It is 'posts'. It is not a word like 'deer' or 'moose' which can be singular or plural. The same goes for 'atheists', 'scientists', 'biologists', and a few other words ending in '-st' that so many people mangle.

October 15, 2011 at 3:22 pm |
    • Awkward Situations

There is absolutely no excuse for posting that Nickleback video! That's just cruel and unusual! How dare you?!

October 15, 2011 at 5:59 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

HS, when have I ever posted anything other than that I am happily married? I am and have been–for 31 years. I never said otherwise, and I certainly never implied that I was anything other than straight.

I married my high school sweetheart, corny as that may sound. And yeah, we lived together before we married. We had s3x when we were teenagers.

Jealous, much?

If some troll posted otherwise and you're so stupid you believed it, not my problem.

October 15, 2011 at 7:18 pm |
  10. Rainer Braendlein

From the above article:

Unquote.

This statement of Mr. Frenn is highly dangerous, because it indirectly questions the truth of Christianity and the importance of good conduct or Christian conduct, in order to gain God's favour (of course, God's grace is for free, but we must keep faith and faith means obedience).

Maybe Mr. Frenn is a Neo-Arian. The heresiarch Arius (around 300 a. D.) tried to establish a Father-God, which could have a character different from the character of the Son and changeable. Furthermore Arius could imagine that the Father-God could create a second son (that is outrageous). By Arius heresy you can justify every new crazy religion even Islam. You simply say that Christianity would be merely the religion of God's first son and the new religion would belong to the changed Father-God and his second son (Muhammad?).

May Arius burn in a hell of fire for ever and ever.

October 15, 2011 at 9:46 am |
    • Madtown

May Arius burn in a hell of fire for ever and ever.
      ---
      What a very disgusting, but typical christian thing to say.

October 15, 2011 at 10:32 am |
    • JohnR

Arius had good reasons to believe as he did, including the verse in which Jesus said that even he didn't know when the end times would be, but only the father would know, which makes zero sense from the typical trinitarian point of view. And for holding this sincere belief backed by biblical quotations, he deserves to burn in hell forever? That's an appalling point of view, Rainer, and it's this sort of sadism that makes Christians so unworthy of anyone's trust.

October 15, 2011 at 11:37 am |
    • Rainer Braendlein

@JohnR

Long time no see! I guess, you are the real JohnR, because you yet asked this question.

You must understand the mystical person of Jesus. Jesus had two natures: The divine one and the human one. He had even two wills: The divine will and the human will, whereby his human will was subordinate to the divine will every moment.

As the disciples asked him for a certain point of time, he told them that he didn't know it. At this moment Jesus Christ limited himself to his humankind. As a man he could not answer their question. Of course, the eternal Christ in him knew the answer, because He is a person of the Trinity. But obviously the eternal Christ did not want to answer the question of the disciples, thus the man Jesus said, he would not know the answer. Isn't God likeable?

October 15, 2011 at 12:28 pm |
  11. Rainer Braendlein

Passage from the above article:

Unquote.

My opinion in contrast: There is only one prayer request, which really matters: "Please, God give me a revelation of Yourself!" Who you are? Where you are? What is the meaning of life?

October 15, 2011 at 9:28 am |
    • Richard Kaiser

Rainer Braendlein ,,,"There is only 'one prayer request', which really matters: "Please, God give me a revelation of Yourself!" Who you are? Where you are? What is the meaning of life?"

HE, GOD is the physical manifestation of the great Celestial Cosmos, and HIS Holy Spirit is the great oceanic Seas of Nothingness, that which we call 'Outer Space'. As to, "What is the meaning of life", a simple, 'Life is to be lived' is one's reward.

Your 'furthering questions' should be asked of and to GOD in your quiet place where you feel most at peace away from others who might find condemnation against you. Please do not ask of me any further questions than that which I have taken upon myself to answer. I am not GOD nor am I of the Gods or even gods. I do not have 'all' the answers. BTW, your 'one prayer request' is posted as 4(four) questions.

October 15, 2011 at 10:15 am |
    • Rainer Braendlein

@Richard Kaiser

Your comment is pretty delusional. May God open your eyes for the spiritual truth.

October 15, 2011 at 10:29 am |
    • Richard Kaiser

I guess I am in good companies with the many who before me were condemned and ridiculed for stating the 'Truth' before becoming an accepted revelation revealed.

October 15, 2011 at 10:50 am |

Translation, please, Dickie.

October 15, 2011 at 11:17 am |
    • HeavenSent

Richard Kaiser, some of your post are thought provoking. The ones such as this, that have the phony new age nonsense shoved right through it doesn't hit the mark.

October 15, 2011 at 3:02 pm |
  12. JF

"What matters most to "him"(God) is the sincerity of our heart, and that is precisely what generates a response."

So the Christian dying of cancer isn't sincere, and therefore God let's them die a slow death? The prayers of their loved ones aren't sincere as well? So the person dies and we say it was God's plan. So why again does anyone pray when it has absolutely no effect on the outcome? Try praying to the moon for a year, and you will be amazed that you will get the same results.

"God has to be male because no woman could or would "mess" things up this bad." George Carlin.

October 15, 2011 at 9:26 am |
    • HeavenSent

What? We can pray to Jesus with a true heart for anything we want. He, however, knows what's best for us even though it's not what the person wanted. Jesus knows what's best, if that be taken a person back home with Him instead of the alternate of what was prayed for. We only know a fathom of what He's all about. He, however, is always righteous if if human minds argue differently.

October 15, 2011 at 2:10 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Correction: "taking" not taken.

October 15, 2011 at 2:11 pm |
    • Webster

@HeavenSent, "We only know a fathom of what He's all about."

fathom: A unit of length equal to 6 feet (1.83 meters), used principally in the measurement and specification of marine depths.

It's apparent that your knowledge (of *anything*) is no more lengthy than one could throw you...

October 15, 2011 at 2:18 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

You nailed it, Webster. HS is a bit like Humpty Dumpty. Words mean what she wants them to mean.

I wonder how it is that 'god' knows it's best for a baby to be born with a defect that will cause death within hours of birth. How would that be "best" for the infant's parents, who prayed earnestly for a heathy child?

I'm sure HS will have some sort of inane response.

October 15, 2011 at 2:34 pm |
    • tallulah13

Tom, I'm always astonished at the lengths the faithful go to to defend the inconsistencies of their god.

October 15, 2011 at 2:49 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Hi, tally! So am I-and at how badly they fail in the attempt.

October 15, 2011 at 2:52 pm |
  13. Reality

As with most Christians, J. Frenn suffers from the Three B Syndrome, i.e. Bred, Born and Brainwashed in the flaws and fallacies of Christianity. The cure? Reading and rational thinking!!!!

October 15, 2011 at 8:43 am |
    • TruthPrevails

C'mon Reality, you're asking for too much from the likes of Herbie-The-Hate-Bug; Bo; Keith; HeavenSent (to name a few)...thinking hurts them and to be rational means they would actually have to pull their collective heads out of their book of fairy tales and face the real world. We should pity them for the fools they are.

October 15, 2011 at 8:58 am |
    • Rainer Braendlein

@Reality

Even you should read some books about history.

It is a matter of fact that the civilized world or the Roman Empire became Christian beginning with Emperor Constantine (he lived around 300 a. D.). Later, the capital of the Roman Empire shifted from Rome to Constantinople (today Istanbul). However, both the Roman Empire (capital Rome) and the Eastern Roman Empire (capital Constantinople) were Christian since Emperor Constantine, who lived 300 a. D..

If Emperor Constantine just had suffered from a delusion, the whole civilized world had resisted him. But nobody refused to accept Constantines decision to protect Christianity. Obviously the Romans were convinced together with their Emperor of the truth of the Christian doctrine.

In a word: Some little years after Christ the civilized world had become Christian, which is a clear evidence for the truth of Christianity. Dear Reality, do you really assume that all former Romans or Greeks were mad?

Please be aware that, historically seen, 300 years are nearly nothing or a very small period of time. Everybody in Germany is still aware of the Reformer Martin Luther, who lived even 500 years ago. No German would dare to deny Luther. Thus, 300 after Christ nobody could deny Christ, because the whole world was still aware of Him.

October 15, 2011 at 9:06 am |

@"truth"
      Might you be the same "truth" prevails that insisted there were no nations in the book of Revelation ,then posted 20 or so translations and paraphrases listing two nations in the book of Revelation?God bless

October 15, 2011 at 9:10 am |
    • TruthPrevails

@Herbie-The-Hate-Bug: the broken record syndrome is getting a little dry, don't you think? You're not proving anything by copying an pasting from 30 articles ago. All you do prove is that you are incapable of letting the past go but that should not be surprising considering you believe in a book that is 2000 years old. Now please be a good boy and go away as you had previously promised you would.

October 15, 2011 at 9:16 am |

@"truth"
      It is important that fellow readers realize the caliber of argument you put forth and also that you have a long history of anything but the Truth.Even a child is known by his doings.God bless

October 15, 2011 at 9:19 am |
    • TruthPrevails

@Herbie-The-Hate-Bug: At least what I speak of can be backed with evidence. If you don't like what I say, then please feel free to move on. I am not the one spewing biblical nonsense which is well refuted. It is also important for people to see how delusional you really are. From this point I will not be responding to your childish battle....I have much better things to do with my time than waste it on the likes of you. You really are epitome of hate and a true portrayal as to why people move away from religion. Have a good life.

October 15, 2011 at 9:36 am |

@"truth"
      Confronted with real Truth "truth" prevails declares Truth "hate" and takes his bat and ball and storms off leaving behind the evidence of his credibility and truth.God bless

October 15, 2011 at 9:46 am |
    • TruthPrevails

Are you completely stupid??? You have not clued in to the fact that I DIDN'T POST ANYTHING IN REGARDS TO THE BOOK OF DELUSIONS YOU BELIEVE IN AT LEAST NOT IN THE REGARD THAT YOU SEEM TO SAY I DID. HAVE YOU NOT CLUED IN TO THE FACT THAT PEOPLE USE OTHER PEOPLE'S ALIASES ALL THE TIME??? AT LEAST SCIENCE AND LOGIC ARE THE TRUTH...THE BIBLE IS NOTHING BUT CONTRADICTIONS AND FALLACIES. YOU ARE A COMPLETE MORON WITHOUT A SENSE OF HUMAN DECENCY. GROW UP...ONLY CHILDREN BELIEVE IN FAIRY TALES!

BTW: PROVE YOUR GOD EXISTS BEFORE RANTING ON ABOUT HOW SOMEONE ELSE IS NOT TELLING THE TRUTH...UNTIL YOU CAN DO THAT, YOU LOOK LIKE THE LIAR! NOW PLEASE STFU AND STOP ATTACKING ME.

October 15, 2011 at 9:56 am |
    • AtheistSteve

Rainer Braendlein

So the Romans exchanged their beliefs under Constantine from a panoply of Gods for the christian one. Big deal. It's all still supersti.tious nonsense. Comparing the histriosity of Jesus that to Martin Luther is laughable. Luther is just a man whereas Jesus is supposed to be the son of God. One of these things is easily believable....the other is not. That is of course unless you are willing to disregard all logic and common sense.

October 15, 2011 at 10:05 am |
    • Rainer Braendlein

@AtheistSteve

Please consider, Constantine did not force anybody to accept Christianity as his personal religion, but merely protected the Christian Church. Up to Constantines rule many, many Christians had become martyrs. Christianity spread in the Roman Empire, despite the strong resistance of the Roman state and the Roman pagan citizens. It was a long battle between Christianity and paganism. Finally Christianity prevailed.

It seems, the resistance of pagan state and people inadvertently promoted the spread of Christianity. The Church is built on the blood of the Martyrs.

October 15, 2011 at 10:21 am |

@truth
      Back to the playground to declare Truth "attack" now and it wasn't him, it was somebody pretending to be him, of course that is a new twist to the story.This has been brought up several times previous and "truth"just now realizes it never was him who posted the references to the two nations in Revelation?Truth really is the last thing this "truth"prevails is interested in.God bless

October 15, 2011 at 10:28 am |
    • TruthPrevails

once again and for the final time moron...I believe in truth (evolution, science, logic)...you are the one who believes in lies. It is too bad that you can't admit that your fairy tales are fallacies. You are a pathetic excuse for anything closely related to humans. You attack when you see fit, you belittle everyone who doesn't fall for your delusions. You are a waste of space on this planet that was created via the big bang and not due to some unknown deity having existed. You still have failed to provide proof for your god and once again, until you do that you are the liar.

October 15, 2011 at 11:02 am |

@"truth'
      Your post has nothing to do with what we have been talking about.As near as anyone can tell you are trying to divert attention from your own incompetence rather than learn from your errors.This would indicate that you really are not seeking Truth of any kind and you play only lip service to science ,reason and logic.The farther you go the more you give evidence contrary to any Truth and logic.God bless

October 15, 2011 at 11:48 am |
    • HotAirAce

So herbie, you are pretty funny accusing someone of picking up their toys and storming off, when that is exactly what you do! We are all waiting for you to explain that your virgin mary was not an adulterous whore who shagged every passing shepherd...

October 15, 2011 at 11:52 am |
    • sidebar

From time to time herbert juarez will post as he sees fit.herbert will never reply to hot air because he has found hot air to be beneath contempt and as always herbert is correct in his assessment

October 15, 2011 at 11:59 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

herbie is a re-creation of Rumpelstiltskin.

October 15, 2011 at 12:02 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

herbie, I love it when you speak of yourself in the third person. Toddlers do that-it's cute.

October 15, 2011 at 12:08 pm |
    • herbert juarez

tom tom can you explain why your post intended for Keith , used the name Steve?In your world are Steve and Keith the same name?God bless

October 15, 2011 at 12:10 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

herbie, can you explain how you missed the correction I posted, or why you are pretending you didn't see it?

Step up to the plate, herbie, and say what you really mean, or are you too much of a coward to do that without resorting to a stealing someone else's screen name?

October 15, 2011 at 12:14 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

@Herbie: The only lip service to pay is to science, logic and reason. Once again you are the one spewing on about biblical mumbo when there is no proof for it and once again you have avoided providing proof for your god. I'm not avoiding anything, I have moved forward. I don't live in the past as you do. I don't expect you to have rational mind that listens to science, reason and logic...you have been brainwashed for far too many years. I understand that the world scares you but using a god as an answer does not fit reality.
      Now I see you are picking a battle with Tom-Tom...one that I sincerely hope you realize you are not capable of winning.
      Stop being a hypocrite and have a normal debate.

October 15, 2011 at 12:23 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Telling herbie to have a "normal debate" is like telling Norman Bates to stop being insane.

October 15, 2011 at 12:25 pm |

@tom tom
      Only modesty prevents me from telling you I am widely known for my honesty.I never steal, not even a screen name.I find in the Steve/Keith posting that you have revealed yourself as a hypocrite.God bless

October 15, 2011 at 12:28 pm |

@tom tom
      Try to stay with us tom tom,norman bates is a fictional character in an old movie.Try to keep a grip on earth if you can, we don't want to lose you.God bless

October 15, 2011 at 12:33 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

When you lie, herbie, it makes the Baby Jesus cry.

What about an error for which I posted a correction makes me a hypocrite?

October 15, 2011 at 12:35 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

When are you going to answer the question, herbie?

Or are you going to live up to your reputation?

October 15, 2011 at 12:37 pm |

@tom tom
      Your posts are so dippy ,i rarely read them.Did you ask a question?God bless

October 15, 2011 at 12:41 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Sure thing, herbacious. You "rarely read them" but you post a response within seconds to every one of them.

October 15, 2011 at 12:45 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Reality, you truly are brain dead. Tune in buddy, no one is voting you in as King of the World. Get over yourself.

October 15, 2011 at 2:13 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Someone who doesn't know what "fathom" means is calling another poster "brain dead"?

You must be really lonely today, HS.

October 15, 2011 at 2:35 pm |
    • Keith

Truth(as you see it)prevails, "For the message of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." Being called a fool by you is a "red badge of courage"(Stephen Crane) if you will to Heavensent, Herbert Juarez, Bo, and myself. The thing is, though, is that you can change your eternal destiny if you would open your heart and ask God to reveal himself to you. We are all eternal beings-like it or not. Where will you spend yours? It's up to you.

October 16, 2011 at 7:58 am |
  14. Rainer Braendlein

The above article is too primitive. The issue is much more complicated.

Concerning the Christian faith, we can divide the mankind in two categories: People, which believe in Christ and have got baptized. People, which don't believe and have not got baptized.

The first group or the believers, God will surely answer their prayers, if they pray according to God's will.

For the second group another division is necessary. There a people, rejecting deliberately the gospel of Jesus Christ. Furthermore, there are people, which don't know the message of the Christian gospel (naive people).

A naive man may not be aware of his spiritual state, because nobody ever told him the truth. God may hear the prayers of such a man. However, the best prayer would it be, if such a man would pray to God for the revelation of God Himself. What is the life of an ordinary Westerner? He eats, works, sleeps, loves and watches TV. Actually nobody can be contented with such a life. Thus, it should be usual that people start to ask for the deity. Prayers for vocational success, nice wife, good flat, etc.. are understandable, but they are not as much important like the prayer for the divine revelation of the invisbible God himself. Naive people should pray that the true God gives them a revelation of Himself.

People, which don't obey God in all areas of life (one failing area is enough, for example wrong handling of money), cannot expect God to answer only one of their smallest prayers. First, they should abandon their resistance against God's rule, then they should start to pray. Don't reject deliberately the gospel of Jesus. That is a calamity and will destroy your personality.

For people, having prayed to get a revelation of God himself:

Here is the revelation of the deity: Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God (Christ, the Son of God, was ever a person ot the Holy Trinity, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. As God realized that the first revelation of himself by His Creation was not enough to make people worshipping Him, He sent His eternal Son on earth. God became man in the person of Christ. This man was called Jesus from Nazareth, and was a carpenter. Jesus was and is fully God and fully man at the same time. Jesus has a divine nature and a human nature, perfectly united, but not mixed.). Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born by the Holy Virgin Mary. At the time, when Jesus had to suffer, Pontius Pilate was ruler of Palestine.

The incarnated Son of God died on the cross for us. He has borne our sins on the cross. Believe it and get baptized (if you have yet received infant baptism: infant baptism is valid, don't get baptized again, but refer to your infant baptism). At baptism the releasing power of Jesus death and resurrection is dedicated to you. This becomes effective in your life, if you have faith in Christ. Faith is caused by the Holy Spirit, which dwells in the Christian Church. Your old man of sin dies and you resurrect together with Jesus. God gives you a life of rightousness for free. Just start to live it right now and start to love God and to love your neighbour, because God gives you the power for that for free. God wants that His power flows through you. That makes you happy for sure. Find happyness in Christ Jesus.

October 15, 2011 at 8:32 am |
    • HeavenSent

We don't have a true census of non-believers on this site due to the majority of non-believers posting here are gay. They hate Jesus because of the sin of Lust of the flesh and they truly believe that life on earth is their only reality. When they die, they are worm food. Hence, there is no getting through young folks lusting after the flesh. I'd guess we'd have a better chance of communicating with them at 90+ years of age and their equipment hasn't worked in 40 years.

October 15, 2011 at 2:17 pm |
    • tallulah13

Do you know this for a fact, HS, or are you just making things up. Do you understand that when you make things up, that is telling a lie? And doesn't one of god's own commandments forbid telling lies?

October 15, 2011 at 2:52 pm |
    • tallulah13

RB, I'm pretty sure I've never done anything horrible enough in this life to require that someone be tortured to death to atone. If I have, I would prefer to be punished myself. I don't want someone else to pay for my crimes. I find that immoral and evil.

October 15, 2011 at 3:05 pm |
  15. Bo

======================================= @Keith Sorry, you don't understand the qouted verse: Palm 66:18. Evidently you don't understand the part "...if I reguard iniquity in my heart..." Nor the other verses as well. It seems to me you want these verses to say what you want them to say and not what is really meant.

October 15, 2011 at 7:32 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

How do you know what is meant? Your own writing makes no sense, Bo. How can you possibly think you understand anyone else's words?

October 15, 2011 at 11:19 am |
  16. herbert juarez

God is a person.Since He Is,he is available to every man ,woman and child on this planet.Prayer ,communication with God is an option for all peoples,not just the Christian.An act of faith is required to become acquainted with God.This is in large part accomplished with prayer.If God only hears the Christian prayer, how does the repentant sinner talk to him?If a persons pathway to God leads through a false sinful lifestyle ,that person may "talk" with God many times in many ways before becoming a believer.What if a person is mired in a false belief system like Islam,does not the Muslim have the same ability as any sinner to talk, pray to God?It is God, the Holy Spirit who brings the sinner to Christ, working out salvation as each receives Him.God most assuredly hears the cry of all people and hearkens to His own.God bless

October 15, 2011 at 7:21 am |
    • ,,,,,

please report abuse on all Herbert posts 🙂

October 15, 2011 at 8:27 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

You think really highly of yourself and your interpretive abilities, don't you, herbie?

October 15, 2011 at 11:20 am |

tom tom
      Why should anyone care what the opinion of a proven hypocrite ,like you is?God bless

October 15, 2011 at 4:05 pm |
    • HotAirAce

Herbie, there is bigger hypocrite here than you!

Also, god is not likely to be a person because mote likely god(s) do not exist.

October 15, 2011 at 4:21 pm |
    • sidebar

herbert juarez will post as he sees fit from time to time.Herbert will never reply to hot air as herbert has found hot air to be beneath contempt and as always herbert is correct in hie assessment

October 15, 2011 at 4:28 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Oh, you definitely shouldn't care, herbie, since there's nothing you can do about it.

October 15, 2011 at 7:21 pm |
  17. Bo

I think not! The unbeliever is the one who is being fooled by the aech-enemy. The sadest thing is the unbeliver, unless he/she is rebeling, is the one being fooled. Sadly, atheists are like a person who dives off a cliff where there is a sign that says: "DANGER: no diving". But, he chooses to ignore the sign and dives anyway and is killed. Somewhat like the man, about a week ago, who chose to ignore a no swiming sign because of shark attacks, but he went swiming anyway, and he lost a legg to a shark. You can feel sorry for the person, but it is a choice.

October 15, 2011 at 7:19 am |
    • ,,,,,

IDIOT

October 15, 2011 at 8:27 am |
    • Keith

Bo, "When I say unto the wicked, 'Thou shalt surely die'; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand." Ezekiel 3:18. If you are truly saved, you will have a heart for the lost. But even if you do not care about them, then you need to meditate on this verse. Also, Jonah would have preferred that Ninevah be destroyed in their sin, but God desired that all would come to repentance and be saved. In other words, we are obligated as believers to warn them.

October 15, 2011 at 10:49 am |
    • tallulah13

Well, Bo, you can certainly believe that. There isn't an ounce of proof that any god exists, so in return for your kind pity, I will feel sorry for you because you don't offer the correct sacrifices to Odin and thus will not end up in Valhalla.

October 15, 2011 at 2:37 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Keith, I believe that Bo has righteous intentions for being on this site. He's just showing a little wear and tear. God Bless him.

October 15, 2011 at 2:42 pm |
    • Keith

Bo and Heavensent, I understand...Believe me, I understand. Continue to fight the good fight battling spiritual wickedness in high places. I apologize if it seems I'm attacking or lecturing Bo. Not my intent at all. Besides, we have to remain focused on our Lord and Savior and Him crucified to save as many as possible as time is running out. God bless and happy hunting.

October 15, 2011 at 10:16 pm |
  18. Keith

Furthermore, the author's statement about God hearing all prayers is false. "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear."-Psalm 66:18. "One who turns away his ear from hearing the law, Even his prayer is abomination"-Proverbs 28:9. "Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshipper of God and does His will, He hears him."-John 9:31.
    Don't waste your time or money to hear anything this Jason Frenn has to say-he's just another in a long line of false prophets.

October 15, 2011 at 7:03 am |
    • ,,,,,

DELUSIONAL FREAK

October 15, 2011 at 8:28 am |

So you're God?

Because otherwise, you don't know a thing about what he hears or thinks or is.

You are just arrogant enough to imagine that you do.

October 15, 2011 at 11:04 am |
    • tallulah13

I guess Keith is the next person in the false prophet conga line, along with Heaven Scent, Herbie and Adelina.

October 15, 2011 at 2:39 pm |
    • HeavenSent

tallulah13, I am not a preacher and have written that truth many times. I do however read, comprehend and apply my life by what Jesus wrote in His letter to all of us (the Bible).

October 15, 2011 at 2:46 pm |
    • tallulah13

HS, you spend quality time saying what god thinks. You are no different than any of the others I've named.

October 15, 2011 at 2:51 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

No, you don't, HS. At all.

October 15, 2011 at 2:53 pm |
    • Keith

Tommy and tallulah, The only way you can know the mind of God is to read his Word. I'm sure you have access to a Bible and you have the same 24 hours in every day that I have. Arrogance is not a prerequisite. Willingness to learn, however, is.

October 15, 2011 at 10:20 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

When are you going to become willing, Keith? Because you have thus far shown no inclination to learn anything.

October 15, 2011 at 10:57 pm |
  19. AtheistSteve

Yeah..God answers all prayers alright and the answer is going to be "yes...no...or later". The funny thing is I can get the exact same results from a magic 8 ball. The part that gets me is that Xians are always asserting that God has a plan for how things will unfold. Isn't praying to God asking him to alter this plan? Don't you think he knows best how things should occur? Don't you think your prayer is asking God to correct his mistakes? I thought he was supposed to be perfect. And if God does answer prayers and change the way things turn out then isn't he violating free will? The only one listening to your prayers is your own self-conscious mind.

October 15, 2011 at 6:58 am |
    • Keith

Steve, I'm sorry you feel and think the way you do, I really do. I have a heart for the lost. But I have found that on this site that many atheist are quite hostile and not willing to hear the Truth. Therefore, I will not waste my time on debating you, but I'm sure someone else will be happy to accomodate you if your looking for a fight. I did however just pray for you that God would open your eyes and heart to the fact that Jesus paid your penalty for your sins and will give you eternal life if you repent and accept Him as your Savior. I hope you find what you're in need of. Good day.

October 15, 2011 at 7:15 am |
    • AtheistSteve

Keith
      I don't know how you got "hostile" out of what I posted. I merely exposed the logical flaws in the idea that prayer does anything at all. What you consider "truth" is just your opinion. To me it is you who is blind to the real truth. You've been lied to and manipulated into believing in a fantasy. Your God and your hope for eternal life are your failing, not mine. I accept the idea that when I die it's over...end of story...fade to black. You however are so egotistical that you think you have been given a reprieve from your mortality and that mankind is somehow cosmically significant. We're not, but like you say debating this with you is pointless since your brain washing is complete and you will continue refusing to accept anything that challenges your faith. And before you or anyone else try to quote scripture you should realize that I was once christian. It was because the "Truths" you speak of cannot stand up to scrutiny that ultimately led to my atheism. Faith is a terrible and incredibly weak reason to accept anything as true. Since I now care that my beliefs are backed up by reason and evidence I am incapable of accepting the extraordinary unproven claims of any religion. To me you are just talking to yourself when you commune with your God.

October 15, 2011 at 7:54 am |
    • TruthPrevails

Wow Steve, a theist praying for you...how special! I think they should stop talking to air and start being slightly more productive in what they waste their time on....helping hands are far better than lips that pray!

October 15, 2011 at 8:25 am |
    • AtheistSteve

Yes TruthPrevails...I'm sure he feels much better about himself for trying to help "save" me. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetically smug. If the posters on this board are in any way representative of the kind of company to be expected in heaven then I'm ecstatic that I wont end up there. Of course none of them are going there either. There is no Hell, no Heaven, no afterlife and no God.

October 15, 2011 at 8:40 am |
    • Keith

Steve, I seriously doubt that you were ever saved to begin with. If you were then "no would pluck you from Jesus' hand". Believers on this site get 'smug' when they are under attack-which happens alot on this site. The very site itself is an attack on Christianity. I'm just a miserable bum who took a free gift that I did not deserve, that's all. And I thank my Savior that He would pay such a terrrible price for little ole you and little ole me.

October 15, 2011 at 10:57 am |

October 15, 2011 at 11:02 am |
    • tallulah13

Keith is one of those people who make you realize just how silly christianity is.

October 15, 2011 at 2:41 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son, you wrote "The smugness goes both ways, Keith. You seem to think you have some skill at divining who is "saved" and who is not. How arrogant is that? Really, you and your sort give Christianity a bad name. I'm grateful that there are many Christians who aren't a bit like you."

Answer: You'd know the answer too if you read Jesus' truth (the Bible). Jesus explains in detail who will go onto eternity with Him and who will perish. Christians who read the Bible tell all others of Jesus' truth. It isn't arrogance, it is love of Jesus and a Christian's responsibility to spread His word to ALL of God's children so they can learn His truth to save their soul.

October 15, 2011 at 2:53 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

No, HS, in your case it's arrogance and smugness. It comes through every post you write, loud and clear. You believe yourself to be an authority.

October 15, 2011 at 2:56 pm |
    • Commenter

Heaven Sent,

You do not have a shred of verified evidence that:

1) Jesus was a god.
      2) The Bible, written by a bunch of men, is his "word".

October 15, 2011 at 2:59 pm |
    • tallulah13

HS, it is the duty of rational people to tell the faithful that there is absolutely no proof of any god ever existing, of heaven existing or of hell existing. There is no proof that your bible is anything more than bronze age mythology. You have no moral high ground, you are just being pointlessly judgmental.

October 15, 2011 at 2:59 pm |
    • Madtown

----
      HeavenSent: what about those souls who were born into a certain part of this world where they never had the opportunity to learn about the Bible, and the teachings of Jesus? They never had a choice to accept Christ, through no fault of their own. What will happen to these children of God? Think primitive African tribes, or the like.

October 15, 2011 at 3:27 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Great question. I'd like to hear an answer from HS and Keith. I wonder why they're silent.

October 15, 2011 at 7:22 pm |
    • Keith

Tommy boy, Actually I took a break and re-loaded a few .30-06 bullets to test fire, after all opening day in Michigan is Nov. 15th and I've got some experimental rounds I'm looking forward to trying. Reloading is something that you don't want to multi-task. Ten extra grains of imr 4350 and kaplooie!!! But anyway, to answer the question about tribes being born in an area devoid of the Gospel, man can see the creation and know there is a God, so they are without excuse. If they seek Him, they will find Him. He is the most righteous judge there will ever be-I trust His decision in the matter.

October 15, 2011 at 10:33 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Yeah, troll, I'll bet you do.

Shaddup and get a life.

October 15, 2011 at 10:59 pm |
    • Keith

Tom, sorry, I forgot to provide scripture reference for that-Roman 1:18-32. I know you may find this hard to believe but I do have better things to do than engage the unsaved all the time. My wife thinks I'm wasting my time on this site-perhaps she's right. But I tell her that if just ONE person gets saved ultimately as a result-then it will all have been worth it. The angels rejoice in heaven when one sinner repents. But as far as Heavensent or myself not giving an immediate answer to one of your so called "zingers", don't think for a minute that you've stumped us. For myself, I sometimes think the question is too ridiculous to respond to. As far as my answer to question about the "tribes", if you don't like the answer-don't ask.

October 16, 2011 at 8:18 am |
    • Madtown

man can see the creation and know there is a God, so they are without excuse.
      ----
      Hi Keith, that just doesn't seem like the greatest answer, sorry. That's not what we're told, not what I've heard in church, not what HeavenSent claims.....that only through "knowing" and accepting Christ as your lord and savior are you able to achieve salvation. But again, there are those who will never even have the chance to accept or reject these notions, through no fault of their own. And, these people are souls, inhabitants of this world, created by God. A loving and just God would never send these individuals to eternal damnation, would he? It's a real sticking point for me personally. I believe in a God/higher-power, but not all the tenants of man-made religions, because there are inescapable questions like these.

October 16, 2011 at 9:51 am |
  20. Keith

The author appears to be an "all roads lead to God" sort of a guy. Not true. "He who believes in Him(Jesus) is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."-John 3:18. Jason Frenn is only fooling himself and confusing others.

October 15, 2011 at 6:44 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Gee, Keith, that's what Muslims say about Christians. It's what Catholics say about Jews.

It's what nearly every religion claims about every other religion.

Your belief that yours is the one true path doesn't make it so. The fact is that you don't know any such thing. You simply have faith that it's correct.

Not good enough. You believe Jesus to be the only path-you don't know that he is.

October 15, 2011 at 10:53 am |
    • Keith

Tom, did you read the verse? If you don't understand it, how about John 3:36?

October 15, 2011 at 1:40 pm |
    • Keith

Am I really coming off as being arrogant today? Really? Confident, maybe. But arrogant? I know in the past I probably have come off as such, but today? If I have, I apologize for appearing as such-I don't mean to be.

October 15, 2011 at 1:44 pm |
    • Commenter

Keith,

You can quote that book all day long - forward and backward - it means nothing.

October 15, 2011 at 1:50 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Keith, your argument amounts to "The Bible says it. It must be true because the Bible says it. It cannot be false because it's in the Bible. If it isn't in the Bible or it contradicts the Bible, it is wrong, because that's what the Bible says and the Bible is always right."

And yes, that is precisely what I mean by arrogance. You do not know god. What you know, or claim to know, comes from the Bible. See above.

October 15, 2011 at 1:59 pm |
    • tallulah13

Keith, every religious text and tenet says that it is the only true path. That is why the bible is not a reliable tool for proving that your religion is the true one. Without actual, verifiable proof, all religions are equally in doubt.

October 15, 2011 at 2:45 pm |
    • Keith

talluluhah, the Bible is batting 1000 when it comes to fulfilled prophecy. No other book even come close. Not one.

October 15, 2011 at 10:37 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Then surely you can list all the "prophecies" you believe have come to pass.

Of course, Jean Dixon was great at predicting the future, too. She just manipulated her predictions to fit the facts that occurred later. Isn't that what you do, too?

I'd love to see you prove otherwise, but just like herbie, you can't.

October 15, 2011 at 11:01 pm |
    • Keith

Tom tom, As far as my using the Bible as the ultimate authority being arrogant-then so be it. I guess by your interpretation of arrogant, I definetly qualify. I use that as the base line because everything else is just opinion. If you or I speak of our own accord it is simply just that. The Bible, however, is superior to any of us or our "opinions".

October 16, 2011 at 8:26 am |