home
RSS
Jewish chaplains honored at Arlington National Cemetery
Veterans visit the new Jewish Chaplains Memorial at Arlington National Cemetery.
October 24th, 2011

Jewish chaplains honored at Arlington National Cemetery

By Dan Merica, CNN

Washington (CNN) - Standing atop the USAT Dorchester after it had been hit with a German torpedo, four "immortal chaplains" handed out life jackets as the ship sank into the dark Atlantic Ocean on February 3, 1943.

After giving their own life jackets to soldiers, the four chaplains linked arms and began to pray. The men stood together as the lifeboats drifted away; they were last seen singing as the ship began to slip into the horizon.

Three of those chaplains - the Rev. George L. Fox, the Rev. Clark V. Poling, both Protestants, and the Rev. John P. Washington, a Catholic - were memorialized on both their faiths' plaques and the World War II plaque atop Chaplains Hill in Washington's Arlington National Cemetery.

Though the fourth chaplain, Rabbi Alexander D. Goode, was memorialized on the hill's World War II memorial, there was no memorial to Goode's faith, Judaism.

On Monday, Goode and 13 other Jewish chaplains joined their interfaith brethren atop the hill at the unveiling and dedication of the Jewish Chaplains Memorial at Arlington National Cemetery.

The speakers at the event ran the gamut of political and religious affiliations, but the story of the four immortal chaplains was mentioned by nearly everyone.

Alex Fried, Goode's grandson, was in attendance for the unveiling along with other members of his extended family. Fried called the event "a high point and a long overdue step in the process" to recognize the sacrifice of Jewish chaplains.

"This is a message that has direct relevance in today's world," Fried said. "The cross-faith message of the four chaplains ... [is] universal and applicable and, frankly, timeless."

To many people who attended the event, no group of pastors better exemplified the commitment to service and faith of all chaplains more than the immortal chaplains of the Dorchester, a U.S. Army transport vessel.

"The 14 men we honor today were rabbis in uniform," said Maj. Gen. Cecil Richardson, the Air Force chief of chaplains. "These men did much more than preach sermons. ... They walked where warriors walked, and that is what made them military chaplains."

"Faith is the most powerful weapon in our military's arsenal," said Republican Rep. Jeff Miller of Florida. "Through the service of our military chaplains, our soldiers are never alone."

Democratic Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz of Florida also addressed the crowd, saying Chaplains Hill now represents the "diverse fabric that has made our nation stronger."

The story of the Dorchester was not only a symbol for the monument, it was also the catalyst.

As a member of the American Legion, Kenneth Kraetzer visited Chaplains Hill in 2007 and, in looking for the names of the four chaplains on the Dorchester, was struck by the fact that Jewish chaplains were not memorialized. In his speech at the dedication, Kraetzer said that after noticing the "oversight," he wanted to "bring attention to the service of all military chaplains."

He worked with the Jewish Welfare Board's Jewish Chaplains Council, a service of the Jewish Community Centers Association, as well as the George Washington Institute of Religious Freedom and philanthropist Sol Moglen, who helped raise money for the memorial.

"We had made it a mission to reunite the memory of fallen Jewish Chaplain Rabbi Alexander Goode from the sunken USAT Dorchester with his fellow chaplains," said Jerry Silverman, CEO of the Jewish Federations of North America.

But not all went smoothly. While the lack of a Jewish chaplains memorial was recognized in 2007, it took until 2011 to get a memorial dedicated. And it took time for the memorial to get approved after a bill honoring the 14 rabbis unanimously passed both the House and Senate in May.

"Nothing happens in this town that [is] easy and quick," Fried said. "There were a lot of hurdles that had to be overcome."

But now that the memorial has been dedicated and sits atop the hill, Fried said, he is both proud and in awe.

He said he was moved at the thought of 14 men who gave their lives for both their faith and country being honored on a hill that overlooks some of the men they comforted while living.

The other 13 memorialized chaplains are: Capt. Nachman Arnoff, Lt. Col. Meir Engel, 1st Lt. Frank Goldenberg, Lt. Henry Goody, Capt. Joseph Hoenig, Maj. Samuel Hurwitz, 1st Lt. Herman Rosen, Lt. Col. Samuel Rosen, Lt. Solomon Rosen, Capt. Morton Singer, Capt. David Sobel, Capt. Irving Tepper and Lt. Louis Werfel.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: DC • Death • Judaism

1. A Non Jew

Josh
    Josh Said:
    "yup. when you think about how massive and complex our universe is...how can you focus on something so small like color, religion, creed, race, whatever. yet, when I read a nice article about people of the same faith as me....sure as sh!t...you get dumb a-clowns "

Looks like you're focusing on something so small as color, religion, creed, and race....just like the writer of this article. Lot's of US service members of all backgrounds have died in many US conflicts....why single out a small group of Jews? Hmmm, I mean the universe is so big and complex, why focus on something as trvial as Hebrew Chaplains. All Chaplains I have the same job why not praise all chaplains? That's your belief right? Nah, I think there's a lot of hate built up inside of you.

Lol, you crack me up Mr josh- Shalom to you my friend. Take a hard look at yourself and you will see the difference between pride and prejudice

October 25, 2011 at 10:14 am |
  2. William Demuth

Far more American Jews join the IDF than any American military branch.

Religion always trumps nationalisim.

October 25, 2011 at 9:10 am |
  3. HappyHappyJoyJoy

Every service-man deserves recognition.

October 25, 2011 at 9:05 am |
  4. Arden66

When I compare the lists in the pictures, I see a lot of names on the Jewish monument. Not as many as the protestant. Not as many as the Catholic (but surprisingly close). But when you consider that Jews are only 2% to 6% of the population it looks to me like Jewish chaplains have served disproportionately more than the others, rather than the other way around.

October 25, 2011 at 1:54 am |
  5. godott

70 years late, but I'm glad it finally happened.

October 25, 2011 at 1:46 am |
  6. Patti

I am protestant and I am glad the Jewish Chaplian finally was recognized for what he did. All Chaplians deserve to be honnored. They are there for our service people when they are needed.

October 25, 2011 at 12:50 am |
  7. GianCarlo

I don't understand; Black, Brown, White, Yellow, when we bleed everyone's blood is still RED. I could understand if white people bleed a different color, but they don't. We are all humans.

October 25, 2011 at 12:39 am |
    • Josh

yup. when you think about how massive and complex our universe is...how can you focus on something so small like color, religion, creed, race, whatever. yet, when I read a nice article about people of the same faith as me....sure as sh!t...you get dumb a-clowns who make either blatant hateful comments or passive aggressive BS. it is sad and pathetic.

but, if they were ANY SMARTER they wouldn't feel better by posting hate. They would post something useful. oh well, maybe they will all wear condoms.

October 25, 2011 at 12:45 am |
  8. A Non Jew

I just saw a bunch of rat-faced pieces of crap attack a former Marine on this talkback because he said he had never seen a Jew in uniform.....how disgusting. It's true! I've probably met like 2 in 12 years in service. You don't attack a guy because he states an obvious fact. I've met blacks, whites, mexicans, asian, muslims, athiests, agnostics, christians, phuking non-us citizens, etc.....but very very few Jews. That's not anti-semitism....that's just a fact of life. All you race card playing pedophiles need to die immediately.

October 25, 2011 at 12:11 am |
    • Josh

nope. you are just defending his passive aggressive anti-semitic BS. I mean it is pretty obvious why he was posting what he was posting. you are also a disgrace, especially that wish harm on other people because you don't like my statements.

October 25, 2011 at 12:33 am |
    • A Proud Jewish Serviceman

I am a Jew in the uniform. There are 3 more in my unit. I do not care what religion a soldier next to me is, for he is my brother. I put my life into their hands as they put their lives in mine (obviously you get somebody whom you really do not like from time to time, but that does not change the fact that I will risk my life to save theirs). I have dealt with the hate for a good portion of my life and it is unfortunate to see that it is alive and well..........

October 25, 2011 at 2:43 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

>>>"because he said he had never seen a Jew in uniform.....how disgusting. It's true! I've probably met like 2 in 12 years in service."

Ok, let's take apart this statement. Some guy said that he had never seen a Jew in Uniform. You then say that it is true ...but in the next sentence you pretty much shot his findings into shreds when you admit that you HAD seen Jews in Uniforms.

Isn't this when you should be challenging this guy and saying that you have personally witnessed two Jewish service members so he was wrong?

October 25, 2011 at 6:17 am |
    • TruthPrevails

@A Proud Jewish Serviceman: Your service is appreciated. I am more than happy to set my disbelief aside to say that what you are willing to do for your fellow human is admirable. In the end, it should not come down to whom you pray to or what you believe, it should be about being there to support each other. People who serve their country regardless of why they do it, are the true heroes of our world.

The men mentioned in this article deserved recognition long before now but it doesn't matter at this point how long it took, they got what they rightfully deserved finally and it's better late than never.

October 25, 2011 at 10:14 am |
  9. G-D

G-D wrote on Monday, October 24, 2011 at 10:51 pm, stating, “How long will it take for societies take up arms and rid the world of slaughtering for the sake of petty political agendas? Why should the young be the warriors of nationalism's namesake? What really makes war righteous? Religious dignity? Political complacency? Who within the political arenas are hell-bound to send the young to war against other nationalisms and for what? Pettiness of power? Power of and for what? I shudder whenever a nation wars within another! War is not worthy of praises nor is the raising up in honors of the deadened who died and for what? For someone else they died? For one's country did they die? Where's the beef? I'm hungry and am thirsting for the blood of political stewards who raise the flag of war! War is criminal and for the criminally insane to be waged!

G-D wrote on Monday, October 24, 2011 at 11:39 pm, stating @ Doh Me Noose Vo Bis Koom,,,, et al,,,”The social integrities of the criminally insane war mongers who leeches their frothing mannerisms of wanton war are betraying the very fabrics in all of society as a wholeness. We need to rid all socialisms of Acts and actions of criminal warfaring for the sakes of political 'pungencies' and political 'south pawing'! No more! Let the cries of social justice be raised in all countries that seek peaceful justifications for equal rights toward all people and not just the political criminals who salivate upon their groins with the 'audaciousness' in pimping toward criminal warfare for their own pocketed business folks who build the weapons for warfare. I am hungry for the beef and thirsty for the bloodletting of the criminally insane war fascists. Let's all unite in social discipline and gather together to show the warmongering heathens the criminal Acts and actions that war entails!”

October 25, 2011 at 12:02 am |
    • G-D

I like myself so much that I repeat what I wrote just to impress me.

I like myself so much that I repeat what I wrote just to impress me.

October 25, 2011 at 12:10 am |
  10. Keith

Perry and Bachmann are going to release a joint statement condemning this as further proof that the (right wing) Christians being prosecuted in this country.

October 24, 2011 at 11:54 pm |
    • D from the Peg

???????????????????????????????????

October 25, 2011 at 12:01 am |
  11. Thechosenone

Nothing good ever comes out of Texas, the number one racist, red neck state in the country.

October 24, 2011 at 11:52 pm |
    • hey

AMEN!!!

October 25, 2011 at 1:31 am |
  12. tallulah13

October 24, 2011 at 11:51 pm |
    • G-D

tallulah13 wrote on Monday, October 24, 2011 at 11:51 pm, "While I really don't care about religion, I do honor courage. Anyone who lost their lives in battle deserves honor."

Anyone who dies in 'battle' does so for what reason? Where is there 'honor" to be allocated and is 'courage' a cross of redemption just because a country/nation sends their young and not yet fully responsible for their own actions to take up the Acts of their nationalism's sakes? Who are wars' beneficiaries? Those who build the things to wage war with? Whose pockets get lined with monetary kickbacks from weapons of war manufacturing? Certainly not the general public. If weapons' manufacturers would just stop making such God damned weapons for war, there would be none! Maybe skirmishes, maybe but no society is not without social indifference.

October 25, 2011 at 12:22 am |
    • tallulah13

October 25, 2011 at 12:48 am |
    • TruthPrevails

"If weapons' manufacturers would just stop making such God dam.ned weapons for war, there would be none! "

Of course there would be!! They'd find a way. Wars have been fought since the beginning of time. Be that with clubs or be that with guns.

I'm not oblivious enough to think if they stop producing weapons, there would be no more war. It takes nothing to gather facts and realize that as mankind, we will always find a way to fight for what we believe in.

As tallulah13 stated, we are free because of these men and you should be thankful for that. Without these weapons being manufactured to as.sist these men in their fight, you'd be living in a co.mmunist country without the right to speak as you wish; without the right to walk the streets freely; without the right to believe as you wish...what kind of life would that be? If you wish to live in an oppressed society, feel free do so. However, don't forget that if that really is not what you wish, you owe a debt of grat.itude to those who make those weapons and those who continue to use those weapons to ensure you are free.

I disagree with weapons being freely used on our streets but the weapons you are speaking of are generally being made for use by wo/men who are well trained and as much as we get our good and bad within that group of people, we can't lay the blame on the manufacturer.

October 25, 2011 at 10:47 am |
    • G-D

TruthPrevails wrote stating, "Without these weapons being manufactured to as.sist these men in their fight, you'd be living in a co.mmunist country without the right to speak as you wish; without the right to walk the streets freely; without the right to believe as you wish...what kind of life would that be?"

So "Communism" is the 'scapegoat' for wanting and continuation of the 'manufacturing of war weapons'? What a centrist perspective,,,,maybe we need to make war with those indian reservations we created for "heathens"? Like I said, Any war is 'criminal' and those who 'manufacture' war propaganda for whatever reason(s) have misguided the masses who took the bait and hook, line and sinker! Anyone who aligns themselves with wanton war-mongers are just as guilty in crimes against humanism.

I am sickened by those who embellish in non-passive means for social and national changes. If one is but stupid enough to side with war tacticians, you have failed in seeking the means and ways around their evil connivance of war-mustered criminalizations against social emanations where love abounds as a wanting order for unbroken peace and socialized passivity.
      Just exactly how much loot has been thrown down the holes of ICBM's and pilotless drones and guided by Tv and/or laser guided bombs? Today's armchair warriors who guide such 'novel' toys of criminal warfare via a viewscreen and joystick aren't very honorable are they?

October 25, 2011 at 1:13 pm |
    • G-D

tallulah13 wrote on Tuesday, October 25, 2011 at 12:48 am, stating, "GD, were you aware that your freedom of speech was bought and paid for by the blood of soldiers who fought for American independence? If you can't respect that, you deserve no respect at all."

American Independence? "Talk to me" about such a thing tallulah13! Tell me just exactly, "What is American Independence?" And "Freedom" you write? Freedom of speech is but a hand me down diaper due the many so many who clamor around and ding this and dent that. We, as a world of discombobulated socialisms are just what the criminals of post-modern war-diplomacies need in order to 'franchise' their war-cultures while never finding or even seeking a war-less resolution. When a nation/country has a war economy based upon a high percentile of GDP, their claws are gouging out the eyes of peaceful socialism while taking the flesh of its' up and coming unwary youths who are yet in social diapers.

Where were you tallulah13 when the war in Vietnam was happening? Do you have any clue as to why this war was rent?

October 25, 2011 at 1:41 pm |
  13. WomenVetVietnamEra

As a Part of the Judeo=Christian People I deplore those of you who are so full of hatred and for those of you who are so anti-semitic and intolerent of other religions I hope you all rot in hell

October 24, 2011 at 11:50 pm |
    • Ken

So, as a Christian you damn people to threat of hell because of their observations? How peaceful and Christian of you.

October 25, 2011 at 1:04 am |
    • AGuest9

What is the the "Judeo=Christian People"? Is this a new movement?

October 25, 2011 at 11:21 am |
  14. Ken

I was in the Marines, and I never saw or met any jewish military members. You're more likely to find a Lucifierian/Satanist/Pagan in uniform.

October 24, 2011 at 10:52 pm |
    • Durandal

The best officer I ever served with was Jewish. Although I agree, I have known more pagans and atheists in the service than Jews.

October 24, 2011 at 11:33 pm |
    • Josh

you are a disgrace to the uniform. you mean nothing to this country. thanks for nothing

October 24, 2011 at 11:34 pm |
    • livingfree

Ken, you are an idiot. I am an American Jew. My grandfather served in the US military, so did my father, his brother, my father-in-law, and my brother-in-law (special forces too, a$$wipe).

October 24, 2011 at 11:35 pm |
    • Josh

I srsly doubt Ken is a marine or even a member of the service. Usually guys like that just play video games and pick fights in bars with people half their size. I've seen your kind. Sad, really...

October 24, 2011 at 11:43 pm |
    • Mr. Praline

Well, as I intended to bash Ken on his absurd claim, I Googled "Jews in the Marine Corps" and "Jews in the Armed Forces." Ooooops! It turns out that, according to two Jewish sources (including The Jewish Journal of Greater Los Angeles), Jews, who are 2.2% of the population, are .2% of the armed forces and .1% of the Marines.

One Marine in 1,000 is Jewish.

It appears Ken is right. Jews generally do not join the armed forces, and especially not the Marines. They were over-represented in WWII, but today they are massively under-represented.

October 25, 2011 at 12:32 am |
    • Margaret

Why don't you visit some of the National cemeteries both in the U S and on foreign shores that have crosses, and stars of David on the headstones. A person does not have to shout their faith. If everyone had stayed home rather than fight, some of you would be speaking German, Russian, Spanish or French, some of you would be singing God Save the Queen. How many of you have said that anyone who does not support this country can leave? Would you be willing to lay down your life to protect the freedom you deserve. How many of your relatives died in the previous wars to preserve that freedom.

October 25, 2011 at 12:41 am |
    • Mr. Anchovy, Lion Tamer

So Margaret, I already speak Russian and French. You are saying that if I stay home some more I will be able to speak German and Spanish too? That's great! Not joining the military and sitting at home is apparently a much better way of learning languages than Rosetta Stone. Thanks for the tip!

October 25, 2011 at 12:52 am |
    • Ken

Here's a pic of me on my 2nd tour with the 15th MEU.

October 25, 2011 at 1:08 am |
    • daaaave

I am Jewish and agree with Ken: Jews typically don't serve in the Armed Forces. Today, most people regard service in the military as a job, a career opportunity. I am not sure that a lot of people sign up anymore just to serve their country. Jews tend to come from above-average homes both financially and academically. They don't need the military to advance their lives. I myself registered for the draft when in my teens cause that was the law. Now there are no draft laws and service is voluntary. Since it's a free country, and since you are (obviously) a patriotic American, don't blame people for not wanting to serve. It is their right not to.

October 25, 2011 at 3:07 am |
    • k

that is cuz Jews realized it is pointless to fight for something that does not have your back

Jews fought for Germany in high numbers in WW1 and looked what happened there

Jews fought for the US in WW2 in high numbers and look what happened there

And if you think the US went to Europe to help save the Jews read some history,the US did almost nothing to help save the Jews in Europe, in many cases they went out of their way to prevent Jews from coming over

after the war Israel was born and Jews realized if they are going to die for a country it should be that

October 25, 2011 at 3:46 am |
    • John Richardson

Thanks, Mr Praline, for doing the truly right thing and looking it up. But let's also not forget that there is more than one way to serve society.

October 25, 2011 at 4:53 am |
    • AGuest9

Margaret, our nation is already being invaded by Spanish-speaking citizens of other countries, while our military is busy with foreign wars, some of dubious purpose. Sounds like the Roman Empire.

October 25, 2011 at 11:24 am |
  15. G-D

October 24, 2011 at 10:51 pm |
    • Doh Me Noose Vo Bis Koom

EXACTLY !!!! if all those pompous military a$$ hole leaders from my grandfather's generation, who said the world would end if they lost Vietnam, just like the present ones are saying the same thing about Afghanistan, had to come back and justify each and every death, maybe things would be different. Amazing that moms and dads buy the line and fall for the crap, and let their kids go off to war. 😦

October 24, 2011 at 11:21 pm |
    • G-D

@ Doh Me Noose Vo Bis Koom,,,, et al,,,

The social integrities of the criminally insane war mongers who leeches their frothing mannerisms of wanton war are betraying the very fabrics in all of society as a wholeness. We need to rid all socialisms of Acts and actions of criminal warfaring for the sakes of political 'pundrencies' of political 'southpawing'! No more! No more should the cries of social justice be raised in all countries that seek peaceful justifications for equal rights for all people and not just the political criminals who salivate their groins with the 'audasciousness' toward criminal warfare for their own pocketed business folks who build the weapons for warfare. I am hungry for the beef and thirsty for the bloodletting of the criminally insane war fascists. Let's all unite in social discipline and gather together to show the warmongering heathens of criminal Acts and actions that war entails!

October 24, 2011 at 11:39 pm |
    • Drop your panties, Sir Arthur; I cannot wait 'til lunchtime.

Great line, G-D: "take up arms and rid the world of slaughtering."

October 24, 2011 at 11:51 pm |
    • G-D

Drop your panties, Sir Arthur; I cannot wait 'til lunchtime. stated, "Great line, G-D: "take up arms and rid the world of slaughtering.".

I stated, "How long will it take for societies take up arms and rid the world of slaughtering for the sake of petty political agendas?"

The taking up of 'arms' is a stalwart colloquialism and yet politicized war mongers utilize proverbial propaganda to make satirical Acts in censored ambitions toward being levied as diatribe criminal actions against other varied socialisms that are not akin to their warring political statutes. The young ones who are yet wet behind their ears are the perfect prey-upon-people in order to weigh-in the Acts of the today's war-mongers to have them bring arms to bear against otherly nations who side outside the boundaries of recompensed normality. When will this world's globalized populations break ranks and turn away from current days Acts of political warfare? Why shouldn't the world's socialisms seek otherly ways around senseless wars that only kill those who are yet young and wet behind their ears? I see no sense or rational reasoning for war in the 21st Century! Afterall, aren't we of the Post-Modern Era?

October 25, 2011 at 3:02 pm |
  16. Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

I'll bet HeavenSent thinks they're in hell, too.

October 24, 2011 at 9:36 pm |
    • HeavenSent

You still haven't a clue Tommie, Tom.

I would write pertaining to these men is God Bless each and everyone for teaching God's truth to the troops.

Amen.

October 24, 2011 at 10:43 pm |
    • The Illinois Enema Bandit

@HS
      Why do you sign all of your posts with "Amen"? Are they all prayers? I don't get it.

October 25, 2011 at 2:07 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

I notice you didn't deny what I wrote, HS. Can you do so?

October 25, 2011 at 10:51 am |
    • tallulah13

HS slaps an "Amen" at the end of all her posts because it makes her feel special. We all know that for christians like HS, appearing pious and good is much easier than actually being pious and good.

October 25, 2011 at 11:05 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Oh, well, you know she's home "recooping" from "surgery", tally. That's why she's here! She can't do anything else but thrust her misery on others and tell them how rotten they are.

And she thinks this will win hearts and minds.

October 25, 2011 at 11:10 am |
    • HeavenSent

Tommie, Tom, and all his numerous handles pretending there are more fools that hate Jesus on this site, than he.

Amen. Or just for you heathens PERIOD. Same difference, though you're too mizzy to figure it out.

October 25, 2011 at 1:38 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

HS, what other "handles" do you imagine I'm using?

Do you often have these delusions?

Why can't you answer the question? Do you think these soldiers' souls went to Heaven?

October 25, 2011 at 6:54 pm |
  17. Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Of course, Chad will tell you that they're all in hell,now.

October 24, 2011 at 8:50 pm |
  18. hippypoet

i am prone to say to die with honor is to be honored in death but i have learned that honor means different things to different people. So instead i will say to die for a noble cause that is above yourself is worthy of being honored in death, these jews that died for there country are truly worthy of honor!
    show some respect!

October 24, 2011 at 8:07 pm |
    • Black Widow

Hey Crunchy Groove, hope all is well!

October 24, 2011 at 8:12 pm |
    • hippypoet

hey hey, all is well... did i make it seem like i wasn't? sry...

October 24, 2011 at 8:33 pm |
    • HeavenSent

John 15:12-13

12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Amen.

October 24, 2011 at 10:49 pm |
    • The Illinois Enema Bandit

@HP
      Not at all, just saying "HIGH"

October 25, 2011 at 2:08 am |
  19. Military Chaplain

Oh Lord, make our killing more righteous and more good
    Than the killing of those I do not like
    Bless our killing, and prevent them from killing us
    Give us better weapons with which to slaughter better
    In your holy name
    And maketh sure that the holy hand grenade of Antioch
    Does not go off before three.
    We kill in your name
    We kill to honor your love.

Amen

October 24, 2011 at 6:58 pm |
    • The Illinois Enema Bandit

That is sick, I am a lover not a fighter but if you are going to die, die with dignity. And if you are as brave as those guys, you deserve to be honored.

October 24, 2011 at 7:05 pm |
    • Uncouth Swain

Obviously not all chaplains are praying for death and destruction.

October 24, 2011 at 7:44 pm |
    • Central Scrutinizer

@uncouth
      Could I interest you in a little.....enema? Relaxing!

October 24, 2011 at 7:51 pm |
    • Illinois Enema Bandit

OMG, fake CS is stalking me now. Sorry Uncouth.

October 24, 2011 at 7:52 pm |
    • Uncouth Swain

Eh...I'm used to the occasional child wandering on the boards and slipping on someone else's username. It's no big deal.

October 24, 2011 at 8:00 pm |
    • Uncouth Swain

The main reason I don't mind is because I am the one doing a lot of it.

October 24, 2011 at 10:09 pm |
    • The Illinois Enema Bandit

@Uncouth
      I know, which is why you SUCK.

October 25, 2011 at 2:09 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

It's quite humorous...especially because they come on here at the same time roughly and talk to themselves.

October 25, 2011 at 1:50 pm |
  20. The Illinois Enema Bandit

Remember the fallen. Remember the heros.

October 24, 2011 at 6:55 pm |
    • BG

A juvenile screen name matched with a mature thought. Interesting combination. When the time comes for you to join up I suggest that you don't call yourself "Private Enema Bandit" or basic training may take on a whole new meaning for you.

October 24, 2011 at 9:21 pm |
    • The Illinois Enema Bandit

@BG
      Your opinion is of no concern to me. You should try a nice enema. What exactly is juvinile about the name Illinois Enema Bandit? Do you even know where it came from or what it means? I think not. You are juvenile.

October 25, 2011 at 2:00 am |
    • BG

Excuse me. You've apparently named yourself after a perverted violent misogynistic criminal from the early 70's. Nothing juvenile about that. It's just.. what? Funny? At least you've achieved your goal of being a dick, small accomplishment as it is.

October 25, 2011 at 2:56 am |
    • John Richardson

Gotta side with BG here. Generally, I'd say I hate when that happens. But really, how could you possibly think your screen name is cute or funny or clever or whatever exactly you think it is.

October 25, 2011 at 4:58 am |
    • The Illinois Enema Bandit

Because it is hilarious. Are you going to eat those tots?

October 25, 2011 at 12:10 pm |
    • Dude

Make me a sammich, u sick fuc.

October 25, 2011 at 12:35 pm |
    • ummmm

"Make me a sammich, u sick fuc."

Emotional Maturity is defined as: The ability to express one’s own feelings and convictions balanced with consideration for the thoughts and feelings of others. You must have missed this lesson in grade school.

October 25, 2011 at 12:44 pm |
    • The Illinois Enema Bandit

@dude
      I would be happy to make you a sammich. Don't forget to flush your colon later! Pardon me while I go and wash my hands first.

October 25, 2011 at 1:25 pm |