home
RSS
Want cheaper tuition? Find religion
Davis College, a christian school, cut tuition by up to 22% for the current school year.
November 28th, 2011

Want cheaper tuition? Find religion

By Blake Ellis, CNNMoney

New York (CNNMoney) - With church membership dwindling and more families struggling to afford the cost of college, many private religiously-affiliated colleges and universities are slashing tuition and offering incentives to attract new students - and to stay afloat.

Read the full story on how Christian colleges offer tuition discounts
- davidmichaels18

Filed under: Christianity • Economy • Education

1. Michele

Working as a social worker/ counselor for many years I have seen God at work in peoples lives. God does help people to find hope and change their lives. Inspired by all I have experienced in social services over the years. I wrote this book to show that God is there fir you and to provide hope to hurting people in times of crisis. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1467933562?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1

December 6, 2011 at 2:04 pm |
  2. JEN

THEY CUT 22 PERCENT BUT HOW MUCH DOES THE SCHOOL PRESIDENT MAKE A YEAR, 3 MILLION DOLLARS?

November 30, 2011 at 11:06 am |
  3. Iqbal Khan

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn8jNdnGqYQ&w=640&h=360]

November 29, 2011 at 9:19 pm |
  4. Ed

At least they're lowering tuition all the other "nonprofit" colleges and universitys just raise theirs and turn double digit profits every year.

November 29, 2011 at 8:11 am |
  5. AtheistSteve

I get a kick out of captainamerica hating on all the Canadians on this board. I would think he'd feel right at home in our country with our nimrod fundamentalist Steven Harper at the helm. I would trade leadership representatives in a heartbeat. But then again I wouldn't want to inflict our butthead prime minister on my American friends.

November 29, 2011 at 7:11 am |
    • tallulah13

I get a kick out of the fact that Canada is part of America, and captainamerica doesn't seem to realize that.

November 29, 2011 at 10:46 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

@tallulah
      We are part of North America, just like Mexico – though our relationship is far more symbiotic.
      Our economies are inextricably linked as we are each other's largest trading partners.
      TruthPrevails, AtheistSteve and I should form a Coalition of Concerned Canadian Partners – though the acronym CCCP may meet with some resistance in the States....

November 29, 2011 at 11:50 am |
    • Chuckles

@Doc,

Change them to K's so you won't run into that problem......ooo, nevermind.

November 29, 2011 at 11:52 am |
    • Bob

Stephen Harper has a lot in common with that fictional American character called Satan, but unfortunately Harper is real.

November 29, 2011 at 12:20 pm |
    • captain america

Socialist, commie slugs stay north where you all belong. Trading partners my ass,serfs and peons to the empire ! You can fool ass holes and atheists but real Americans are on to your backstabbing ways . Read em the Riot Act Dano.

November 29, 2011 at 1:12 pm |
    • DamianKnight

@Doc,

I'm married to a Canadian, so I can assist with things like:

Stopping the abuse of sled dogs you all use for transportation.
      Teaching you that the word "cheque" is "check" here in America.
      Teaching you the letter is pronounced "zee" not "zed"
      Teaching you that the word is "abOUT" not "Aboot"
      And other such stuff so you guys fit in. 🙂

Just kidding. Canada's awesome. I just had to rib ya'll about it. 🙂

November 29, 2011 at 5:19 pm |
    • captain america

So damian no one of your own kind would have you?

November 29, 2011 at 5:35 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

"Your own kind"? Cappie, there IS no one of "your own kind", so Damian's one up on ya.

November 29, 2011 at 6:28 pm |
    • DamianKnight

Ah, Tom Tom, your humor amuses me routinely.

I especially liked, "If you were any dumber, we'd have to water you."

Well played, sir.

November 29, 2011 at 7:25 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Well, thanks, DK! (Actually, I'm a "ma'am", rather than a "sir", but no matter-I appreciate the compliment.)

November 29, 2011 at 9:27 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Full disclosure: I stole the "we'd have to water you" from some poster on another blog.

November 30, 2011 at 7:15 am |
    • HotAirAce

Definition of a Canadian? NOT American! Why does every non-American understand this joke without any explanation required?

November 30, 2011 at 7:33 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

@HotAirAce
      When I moved to Germany, the first phrase I learned in the language was "I am not an American, I am Canadian".
      The second was "one dark beer, please".
      @DamianKnight
      Sled dogs are so twentieth century. We all snowmobile to work these days.
      Has you spouse managed to inject all the missing "u" and "gh"s back into your spelling? Remember – it's spelled "humour" and "doughnut"...

The most Canadian phrase of which I can think is "pass me a serviette, eh – I got poutine on the chesterfield".

November 30, 2011 at 8:22 am |
    • warmesTghosT

As an American I can confidently say that our dear captain is a typical specimen of this "great" country of ours.

An ignorant, angry fool.

November 30, 2011 at 1:52 pm |
  6. AGuest9

Want cheaper tuition? Lie to yourself. That sounds like a FANTASTIC personal philosophy! [NOT]

November 28, 2011 at 11:23 pm |