home
RSS
Obama delivers very Christian message at Christmas tree lighting
President Obama and his family at the Thursday night tree lighting.
December 1st, 2011

Obama delivers very Christian message at Christmas tree lighting

By Dan Gilgoff, CNN.com Religion Editor

(CNN) - President Barack Obama delivered an unusually stark Christian message at the White House Christmas tree lighting Thursday night, saying Christ's message "lies at the heart of my Christian faith and that of millions of Americans."

"More than 2,000 years ago, a child was born to two faithful travelers who could find rest only in a stable, among the cattle and the sheep," Obama said at the tree lighting ceremony, a longstanding White House tradition.

"But this was not just any child," Obama continued. "Christ’s birth made the angels rejoice and attracted shepherds and kings from afar. He was a manifestation of God’s love for us."

Obama has been more public and specific about his religious beliefs since polls last year showed that only a minority of Americans know he is Christian. Last Easter, Obama got unusually specific about his beliefs on Christ's resurrection at a White House prayer breakfast.

Some conservative Christian leaders have questioned Obama's Christian faith, even though Obama got his start in politics through church-based political organizing and has written about accepting Jesus in his 20s.

Last month, South Carolina Christian conservative leader Bob Jones III told a reporter “I’ve no reason to think (Obama is) Christian."

“Some people will say whatever they think the politically helpful thing would be,” Jones said. “I say, ‘Where is the evidence that he is a Christian?’ ”

In his remarks at Thursday's tree lighting, Obama said that Jesus "grew up to become a leader with a servant’s heart who taught us a message as simple as it is powerful: that we should love God, and love our neighbor as ourselves."

"So long as the gifts and the parties are happening, it’s important for us to keep in mind the central message of this season," he said, "and keep Christ’s words not only in our thoughts, but also in our deeds."

- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: Barack Obama • Christianity • Christmas

soundoff (2,184 Responses)
  1. steph

Did you really use quotes from Bob Jones (presumably of Bob Jones University. The school that banned interracial couples). Gee, I wonder why he doesn't have a good thing to say about Pres. Obama?!?!

December 2, 2011 at 2:01 pm |
    • Lacking Evidence since 14 Billion BCE

Can't have interracial couples running around, how can you discriminate mixed race children.

December 2, 2011 at 2:16 pm |
    • ruducky2

I'd be interested to hear what Jones' definition of a Christian is. If he's a living example the definition that comes to mind is, "Judgmental Hypocrite."

December 2, 2011 at 2:17 pm |
  2. paul

Jesus Christ does not need anyone to "accept" Him. Jesus is Lord of Lords and King of Kings whether anyone "accepts" that
    or not. What Christians should be saying is that we have "received" Jesus as our Savior. Jesus does not need our acceptance. Repent and trust in Jesus Christ.

December 2, 2011 at 2:01 pm |
    • warmesTghosT

No. I don't repent and I don't trust in fairy tales. Sorry.

December 2, 2011 at 2:04 pm |
    • Felix The Navidad

warmesTghosT: Your soul is as dead and fetid as your response, shame on you and those you harm with your horrible disease.

December 2, 2011 at 2:10 pm |
    • Lacking Evidence since 14 Billion BCE

And the One Ring is the source of immense power whether you accept it or not.

Just because it's in a book, doesn't make it actually true. You do know that people wrote fiction since the beginning of writing right?

December 2, 2011 at 2:12 pm |
    • warmesTghosT

Souls don't exist broseph. Sorry you can't scare me into line with your threats of eternal damnation.

The only disease evident on these boards is religion. It's a communicable mental illness that has afflicted our species since time immemorial. Education is the only cure.

BTW – I'm not saying there is no God. Just that there is no Christian God. Christianity is a sick lie perpetuated on the human psyche. Cure yourself, child, I assure you there is still time.

December 2, 2011 at 2:17 pm |
    • Jesus H. Christ

Stop with the nonsense of supernatural stories about me. I'm not some superman, nor do I perform wizardry and magic. I can't cheat the physical laws of the Universe and my dad is not a god. The stories in the Bible about me are just adaptations from earlier religions. Morals and ethics existed long before religion. Just be good to each other and STOP with the supernatural crap that never happened.

December 2, 2011 at 2:17 pm |
    • Felix The Navidad

I have eternity ghosT you have cancer of the soul and are trying to spread it, but bottom line ,at the end of time, you lose.

December 2, 2011 at 2:20 pm |
    • warmesTghosT

No one has eternity, brother. We are all one family on a cosmic voyage through space and time. I hate to see you spend your life blinkered and full of vitriol, but if such is your choice then go freely. All I ask is that you not judge or harm others. I believe that may have been written down in a certain book you consider holy.

December 2, 2011 at 2:24 pm |
    • to Yeshwa

@ Jesus H. Christ....than how are you writing your reply? Just curious.

December 2, 2011 at 2:30 pm |
    • Felix The Navidad

Take a deep breath ghosT, the smell will be that of rotting soul, yours, deal with it.

December 2, 2011 at 2:43 pm |
    • warmesTghosT

Can't tell if Poe's Law or actual Christian...

Ah well, peace be with you anyway brother.

December 2, 2011 at 2:50 pm |
    • Regis990

Gotta love Felix, the compassionate Christian. He's just like Jesus...wait...no he's not.

December 2, 2011 at 3:10 pm |
    • I_get _it

warmesTghosT,

Re: Felix - I'd call "Pooh's Law" on him 🙂

December 2, 2011 at 3:12 pm |
  3. Jerry

Don't you all know that this man will bend any situation to his reelection needs. You are hallucinating if you think this man is really a Cristian or believes in Christianity for that matter. Some Americans are so gullible. They will probably vote for him in 2012, too. How many times has this president and his minions lied to our faces?

God help America...

December 2, 2011 at 1:57 pm |
    • Howard

The Christian message obama learned and listened to for TWENTY YEARS, was 'God Damn America' !!!

December 2, 2011 at 1:59 pm |
    • yeahalright

You are so determined to hate the president. This is completely fine by the way. It's America after all. Why do you need to flat out make stuff up? Is it just because it's easier to point and go "he's a muslim he's a muslim" than research and have a substantive opinion on policy?

December 2, 2011 at 2:00 pm |
    • warmesTghosT

"Some Americans are so gullible"

All Christians are so gullible that they believe patently ridiculous claims handed down for generations with no known source.

Frankly I don't give a damn what the man believes, he's the only sane option for president. The Republicans field of crazy fundies would be absolutely disastrous in office. I had more than I could stomach of that with Bush, thanks. I think America is starting to realize it, too.

December 2, 2011 at 2:02 pm |
    • George

@warmesTghosT

Our country exactly needs fundamentalist evangelicals in office to put us back on a path to God. Maybe you like the sesspool that America has become, but many of us don't.

December 2, 2011 at 2:22 pm |
    • warmesTghosT

George, Christians are mostly responsible for the cesspool that we've become. It was your great Christian leader Bush who tanked us.

The country and the world need more rational, thinking atheists. We are the brightness of the future. You represent the darkness of the past.

December 2, 2011 at 2:38 pm |
    • George

@warmesTghosT

"George, Christians are mostly responsible for the cesspool that we've become."

December 2, 2011 at 3:04 pm |
    • Yo!

"Surely you must be joking. Christians didn't cause the illicit drug use, se.x.ual immorality, por.nography, welfare, or illegal immigration that are the reason that America is the cesspool that she is today."

You moron it's about 75% of Americans claim to be christians at the most I'll give you 15% might be doing those things you claim so our country is a cesspool because 85% of the people are decent hard working folks. You're an idiot.

December 2, 2011 at 4:39 pm |
  4. Bob

"Last month, South Carolina Christian conservative leader Bob Jones III told a reporter 'I’ve no reason to think (Obama is) Christian.'"

Well, I have no reason to think that Bob Jones III is a Christian. I don't even have a reason to think that Bob Jones III even exists. If he does exist, I think he should do the world a favor and keep his big mouth shut. Otherwise, he can take a religious message from he and go to hell with fellow South Carolina trash like Representative Joe Wilson.

You want to get divisive? Let's get divisive!

December 2, 2011 at 1:55 pm |
    • Bob

I'm the real Bob. There is no real god.

December 2, 2011 at 2:05 pm |
    • George

Joe Wilson is a great American who is not afraid to call out the president on his socialist ways. Turns out Joe Wilson was right.

December 2, 2011 at 2:12 pm |
  5. C57

I won't judge Obama for his comments, but if he's doing it to be politically appealing to Christians, God have mercy on his soul.

December 2, 2011 at 1:44 pm |
    • bvs

That is a stupid comment. Stop listening to Fox news. When you critize Pres Obama, you are critizing God becaue we are all God's children.

December 2, 2011 at 1:51 pm |
    • Jackson

I don't find it hard to believe that Obama believes what he said, because Satan also believes the exact same thing. Believing in Christ and following Christ can be two completely different acts.

December 2, 2011 at 1:53 pm |
    • Robert James Burkholder

I would add only "the tree is known by its fruits. ",as it is written. and "even the demons know his Name,and tremble." I am
      not confident that what I have heard–and seen published by /about Obama -I am confident only in that if he is a Christian -and
      God knows which sheep are His. his actions and public policy seem to suggest a stiff-necked and rebellious kind of Christian.And a she seems to do all things measured by any political benefit for Barak Hussein Obama I consider this annual
      affair to be likewise measured by the man.

December 2, 2011 at 1:57 pm |
  6. George

Rather than lip service to Christianity, I'd rather have the President come out in favor of a Const.itutional amendment that establishes once and for all that America is a Christian nation.

December 2, 2011 at 1:42 pm |
    • Screw god

Christians mess the world up more than help it

December 2, 2011 at 1:47 pm |
    • RogerFrancis

really? they why didn't the founding fathers do it? and you want Obama to do it? why not Reagan? Bush 41? Bush 43?

December 2, 2011 at 1:49 pm |
    • Mike

The First Amendment made clear that this nation belongs to no particular religion. Why on earth do we need to change that?

December 2, 2011 at 1:51 pm |
    • Alex

I agree with Mike and who wants religious people to rule this country. Just look at Iran it is run by pious murders – Ayatollahs.

December 2, 2011 at 1:58 pm |
    • George

The founding fathers had not idea of how depraved this country would become. Plus they had to make compromises. But at this point in time, we need more evangelicals in government.

December 2, 2011 at 2:05 pm |
    • Lacking Evidence since 14 Billion BCE

that would be great for atheists, look at all the European countries that have a state religion but the population is hugely atheist.

December 2, 2011 at 2:07 pm |
    • George

Yeah, but those European countries enforce their laws against blasphemy. Also those state religions in Europe are not fundamentalist evangelical religions.

December 2, 2011 at 2:15 pm |
    • Really?

George you do get that only 2 of the 10 commandments would be constitutional the rest we would throw out. This will NEVER be a christian nation. Everyone knows the best way to get money from people and votes is to tell people you're a Christian, otherwise the religion is useless.

December 2, 2011 at 2:20 pm |
    • Lacking Evidence since 14 Billion BCE

Should have said HAD a state religion since in the most atheist countries don't have state religion anymore.

December 2, 2011 at 2:22 pm |
    • George

@Really?

December 2, 2011 at 2:28 pm |
    • Scram

George,

Either appreciate your religious freedoms here or put on your tall black gold-buckled hat, launch your boatload of Christian evangelicals and go found your own rigid theocracy somewhere else.

December 2, 2011 at 2:33 pm |
    • Really?

"What don't you get about the fact that the Const.itution itself would be amended. This is and always has been a Christian nation, and many of us are working to see that it is made official. Join a good God-fearing fundamentalist church and educate yourself."

It will never happen this WILL NOT be a christian nation, you people are intolerant, judgmental hypocrites.

"join a good God-fearing fundamentalist church"

Fear: False Evidence Appearing Real

December 2, 2011 at 2:34 pm |
    • Ph.D. from M.I.T.

@George – As we saw, the Moral Majority was neither. And while a majority of Americans identify themselves as Christians, not even a majority of those want an official state religion. You want to live in a theocracy, then move to Iran.

December 2, 2011 at 2:37 pm |
    • Lacking Evidence since 14 Billion BCE

Come on, the US is all about breaking the 10th Commandment. Keeping up with the Jones' (coveting thy neighbors things) is the name of the game.

There's no god to fear, you want control our everyone's lives, that's what religion is for. "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful."

December 2, 2011 at 2:38 pm |
    • Nope

George, "we need more evangelicals in government."

More insane, delusional, magical thinkers? No.

That's... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

December 2, 2011 at 2:38 pm |
    • George

December 2, 2011 at 2:47 pm |
    • Yo!

"Time will tell. But the momentum is in our favor. The next election will bring a wave of conservative Republicans into office, and evangelicals serve as the base for conservative Republicans. America is fed up with liberalism."

WhaHAHAHA...HA.....HA...HA.....WhaoHA..HA...HA Ha!

December 2, 2011 at 4:41 pm |
  7. MashaSobaka

I'd honestly prefer a president who belongs to no religion. But since that won't be happening for another few hundred years (yaaaaaay bigotry), I'll guess I'll have to stick with the people who maintain some semblance of secular government. Obama's not done a perfect job of that but he's getting better every day. At least he's intelligent enough to learn from his mistakes.

December 2, 2011 at 1:40 pm |
    • Lev

МашаСобака. Как смешно!

December 2, 2011 at 1:47 pm |
  8. Jonny Ninja

Obama is as much of a christian as Saddamm was a muslim.. Which means, he invokes it when it's convenient, but has no true spiritual ties or allegiance to it..

December 2, 2011 at 1:36 pm |
    • Teri

And you know this, how?

December 2, 2011 at 1:41 pm |
    • Ph.D. from M.I.T.

And you know this because you can read his mind? Or the voices in your head tell you this? Don't worry – the nice young men in the clean white coats will be coming for you soon.

December 2, 2011 at 1:44 pm |
    • Me

I have to say that your statement is an example of why we have freedom of religion in this country.

December 2, 2011 at 1:50 pm |
  9. Gumby

Accepting Jesus as who and what he said he is, is an act of faith. So why when a this person, the President, says he is a Christian, do so many refuse to accept him at his word and belittle him because of his statement? I am a late middle aged, white southerner and my belief is that most of the hate for Barack Obama is simply because is not white. My Mother taught me I have no right to judge or look down on anyone simply because they don't look like me. "Love you neighbor as yourself".

December 2, 2011 at 1:36 pm |
    • warmesTghosT

Spot on, Gumby. Much of the hate is just racism hiding behind more "acceptable" versions of discrimination.

December 2, 2011 at 1:39 pm |
    • Jonny Ninja

Well, I am a white, 30 year old southerner, and I can tell you it has nothing to do with him "not being white". I absolutely love Herman Cain, and he is "blacker" than Obama.. so you can take that stereotype BS and shove it where the sun don't shine...

I know it's hard for you to comprehend, but some people just don't like socialists/communists/marxists, regardless of what color they may or may not be.

Here's a few examples...Get ready, I'm about to blow your mind:

Josef Stalin, white – I don't like him. He was a communist.

Adolf Hitler, white – Leader of the German National Socialist Party. I don't like him, either.

Barack Obama, mulatto – Democrat American President, a Socialist. I don't like him.

Mao Tse Tung, Asian – communist dictator of China, I don't like him either.

Fidel Castro – brown cuban – communist...Guess what? I think he sucks too.

It shouldn't be that hard to understand.

December 2, 2011 at 1:44 pm |
    • Jonny Ninja

And by the way, on religion.. Whether it's Barack Obama's half white @$$, or Nanci Pelosi's fully white @$$, the fact that they both claim to be Christians yet wholly support and encourage the murder of babies is more than enough for me to look at their so-called "faith", and shake my head in disbelief and disgust.

December 2, 2011 at 1:48 pm |
    • warmesTghosT

LOL I love it. I can tell you watch Fox News.

Obama is basically Bush-lite. The man is by no means a socialist/communist/whatever Rush Limbaugh tells you.

Herman Cain is an incompetent nincompoop who should stick to preaching and selling pizza. Glad he's dropping out of the race.

No one condones "murdering babies" you silly redneck. Abortion is about providing safe medical procedures for something that is going to happen anyway. Throughout human history, there have been abortions. Only recently have we made them somewhat safe. They are like drugs. Whether right or wrong, people will have them. We need to treat them safely and humanely to minimize as much harm to women as we can. No one is "pro-abortion." "Pro-choice" is simply the acknowledgment that abortion is inevitable and must be done as safely and ethically as possible.

Herman Cain for president? Really? LOL.

December 2, 2011 at 1:58 pm |
    • MarcAA

@Gumby
      I couldn't agree more. The world needs more moms like yours.

December 2, 2011 at 2:10 pm |
    • MarcAA

@Jonny Ninja

"yet wholly support and encourage the murder of babies is more than enough for me to look at their so-called "faith", and shake my head in disbelief and disgust."

If their position on abortion disgusts you, what are your thoughts about your loving god's acts of genocide, and the complete destruction of all living things (babies included), with the excecption of Noah and his family, during that great flood?

December 2, 2011 at 2:20 pm |
    • Ph.D. from M.I.T.

Well Jonny Nija I am a white male that lived in the south (Alabama) for 10 years and it is idiotic bigots like you that made me choose to leave. SUre you like Herman Cain – for the exact reason you show here – you can point to him and say "I like a black man," similar to the "some of my best friends are black" line. Herman Cain is just a puppet of the big money people – Koch Brothers. Herman Cain never had any real campaigne staff – just using the Koch Brothers back Prosperity for America. You are a bigot and you are a fool. While in the south I saw those in power tell people like you that all your problems were caused by blacks, and browns, and yellows, and other boogey men (communists – socialist – lions, tigers and bears – oh my!). And you bought it hook line and sinker instead of realizing that the ones telling you all these lies are the ones really screwing you. Wake up and smell reality!

December 2, 2011 at 2:22 pm |
  10. Sunflower

If the puppet is ordered to spout bible verses, the he'll spout bible verses....

December 2, 2011 at 1:33 pm |
    • Facelessdrone2005

Grow a spine! Stop talking about yourself like that.

December 2, 2011 at 1:59 pm |
  11. Greg

There's a song I rememeber from church, that had a line that said "you can tell we are christians by our love". When I think of that song and look at the line up of Republican nominees, its obvious to me that none of them are Christans. Instead, they vainly use Gods name to further their own careers – in direct violation of his commandment!

December 2, 2011 at 1:32 pm |
  12. Bamafever

If Obama didn't bring up Christ at all, they would have something to say. He brings up Christ and they still have something to say. PLEASE!

December 2, 2011 at 1:32 pm |
    • frank the anti-liberal

he is a phony! will say anything to look good and get elected.. doesn't go to church..he is full of s.....

December 2, 2011 at 1:37 pm |
    • Teri

Going or not going to church doesn't make you or not make you a Christian. It's not about that, church is a community for those who are Christians to gather and support one another but being a Christian is the relationship with Christ, not just attending church.

December 2, 2011 at 1:45 pm |
    • Ph.D. from M.I.T.

@Teri – you are so totally correct. And any Christian would know that. Wonder why Frank doesn't?

December 2, 2011 at 2:25 pm |
  13. Kate

I don't give a F*** what religion my President practices as long as they keep it out of politics. Muslim, Jewish, Christian, Catholic, Buddist...I don't give a rat's A**.

December 2, 2011 at 1:30 pm |
    • MashaSobaka

Agreed.

December 2, 2011 at 1:36 pm |
    • paul

Disagree

December 2, 2011 at 1:49 pm |
  14. Reality

Obama says abortions should be "safe, legal and rare" but says nothing about the basic tenet of proper human conduct i.e. Thou Shalt Not Kill/Murder. And where is BO's sense of indignation that abortions are not rare and that these acts of horror demean the Golden Rule considering that he says he is a Christian. And where is his sense of indignation that women who use the Pill do not use it properly resulting in an failure rate of 8.7% as per the Gu-ttmacher Inst-itute statistics. Using these and other Gu-ttmacher Insti-tute data, this failure of women to use the Pill properly results in ~1,000,000 unplanned pregnancies every year. And the annual abortion rate in the USA is?? ~1,000,000 as per the CDC.

And do males use co-ndoms properly? No, as said failure rate for this birth "control" method is 17.4%!! Again using Gu-ttmacher data, said failure rate results in another ~1,000,000 unplanned pregnancies every year.

And from the CDC-2006

"Se-xually transmitted diseases (S-TDs) remain a major public health challenge in the United States. While substantial progress has been made in preventing, diagnosing, and treating certain S-TDs in recent years, CDC estimates that approximately 19 million new infections occur each year, almost half of them among young people ages 15 to 24.1 In addition to the physical and psychological consequences of S-TDs, these diseases also exact a tremendous economic toll. Direct medical costs as-sociated with S-TDs in the United States are estimated at up to $14.7 billion annually in 2006 dollars."

More problems:

"Yes, or-al se-x is se-x, and it can boost cancer risk-

Here's a crucial message for teens: Or-al s-ex carries many of the same risks as va-ginal s-ex, including human papilloma virus, or HPV. And HPV may now be overtaking tobacco as the leading cause of o-ral cancers in America in people under age 50.

"Adolescents don’t think or-al s-ex is something to worry about," said Bonnie Halpern-Felsher professor of pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco. "They view it as a way to have intimacy without having 's-ex.'"

Bottom line: BO is still not aware of the basics of birth control and still remains the leader of the Immoral Majority and will remain so until he becomes a true Christian and one who respects and PROTECTS HUMAN LIFE IN ALL ITS FORMS and who at least emphasizes the proper use of birth control methods!!!

December 2, 2011 at 1:29 pm |
    • MashaSobaka

Every time the "Immoral Majority" tries to emphasize proper birth control, the "Moral Majority" kicks and screams that abstinence should be the one and only method of birth control taught to teens (or anyone for that matter). Want to try another argument?

December 2, 2011 at 1:37 pm |
    • Facelessdrone2005

I am a conservative. I believe Government shouldn't be involved in our personal lives. I also believe in minimizing welfare costs caused by unwanted babies. Therefore I am pro-choice. LOL

December 2, 2011 at 2:02 pm |
  15. Dave

"We should love God, and love our neighbor as ourselves" is a combined quote from Deuteronomy and Leviticus. Not sure why the author of this article considers that a "very Christian" message.

December 2, 2011 at 1:29 pm |
    • Brad

Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: " ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

December 2, 2011 at 1:41 pm |
    • rev312

Jesus himself says in Mark that these are the two most important commandments.

December 2, 2011 at 1:44 pm |
    • Dave

Jesus was quoting the Old Testament commandments. Nothing that any other Rabbi, even today, might do.

December 2, 2011 at 1:47 pm |
    • Curious

Obama as rabbi? This is getting curiouser and curiouser.

December 2, 2011 at 2:03 pm |
  16. christopher reid

I meant to write the promises of yesterday

December 2, 2011 at 1:26 pm |
  17. Teri

Nobody can know if another person is a Christian or not, the only person who knows if someone is a Christian is that person himself. Being a Christian is an internal personal relationship someone has with Christ. Nobody else can know if someone else has that relationship within them. I feel bad for the haters who judge those who want and have that relationship. It’s completely a personal choice and decision and is everyone’s right to make that choice and nobody’s right to question that choice.

December 2, 2011 at 1:26 pm |
  18. Dan, TX

The people who want to hate Obama will never believe he could be a Christian. This is because they aren't allowed to hate Christians. Hence Obama CAN'T be Christian because they wouldn't be allowed by their God to hate him anymore. Now, Mormonism is fine. But Obama is either not a Christian – so Reverend Wright doesn't matter because Obama didn't ever really belong to a Christian church, or Obama was a Christian, but is the wrong kind of Christian because he went to the Church with Rev. Wright. Any argument that works to make you hate Obama will do, just pick one – oh hell, just pick them all. The important thing is that you hate Obama, not whether there is any reason or thought behind it.

December 2, 2011 at 1:26 pm |
  19. Harleyman

I am not judging the President but, from his past, his attachment to Rev. Wright, his promotion of Islam, i am not sure I would accuse him of being a Christian. The old saying people quote from the Bible is that we should not judge but, it does say, by their fruits, you shall know them.

December 2, 2011 at 1:23 pm |
    • bdub

When did he exactly promote Islam – I guessed I must have missed that speach

December 2, 2011 at 1:30 pm |
    • jasie

Exactly. There's very little fruit. In fact, quite the opposite.

December 2, 2011 at 1:30 pm |
    • BRC

Second the question, when did he promote Islam?

December 2, 2011 at 1:38 pm |
  20. christopher reid

Something William Lyon Mackenzie once said might help President Obama's run for the White House in 2012..........".The promoses of yesterday are the taxes of today . "

December 2, 2011 at 1:22 pm |