home
RSS
December 6th, 2011

Couple reacts to reverse on interracial couple ban

(CNN)–Stella Harville discusses Gulnare Free Will Baptist Church's decision to reverse a ban on interracial couples with CNN's Erin Burnett.

The problem began in June when Stella Harville, who grew up going to the Kentucky church, brought her fiance, Ticha Chikuni, who is black, to the small church, where on average about 40 people meet for Sunday worship.

Keith Burden, the executive secretary of the National Association of Free Will Baptists, told CNN on Monday, “We are genuinely sorrowful and repentant for what happened.”

“We hope to continue to work to try to prevent this from ever happening again.”

Read the full story of the church's ban on interracial couples here.
- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Belief • Church

1. Black Planet

Great website. Plenty of useful info here. I'm sending it to several buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious. And naturally, thank you in your sweat!

April 18, 2013 at 7:26 am |
  2. afro romance, afroromance, afroromancefinder, afroromance finder, afro dating, afroromance dating, afroromance dating site, afro dating, black white dating, black and white dating

You know thus significantly relating to this subject, produced me in my view consider it from so many numerous angles. Its like men and women don't seem to be interested unless it is one thing to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your personal stuffs excellent. Always maintain it up!

December 23, 2012 at 8:57 pm |
  3. Mark from Middle River

Another ...”Dance for me Atheist and Religious”... article.

I love coming to the Belief Blog but these types of articles are getting nuts. This is just like the "Muslims are more Religious" article. Its like the Belief Blog writers wanted to be in a special forces demo squad when they were young, because they seem to be happy to toss these types of articles into the pit and watch folks go crazy.

December 23, 2011 at 12:01 pm |
  4. Boom Boom

Ahhh. The Bible Belt. So Progressive....

December 7, 2011 at 1:04 pm |
  5. Eddie Longs Cadallic

I wun dat boy sucking on my black kingSnake.

December 7, 2011 at 8:17 am |
  6. Pope John Paul the Turd

I bet he likes to wear her panties to church. I know I would!

December 7, 2011 at 8:06 am |
  7. Little pigs little pigs

He can have her. She is ugly, has frizzy hair, a briar patch between her legs and doggy style nippers. GROSS!!!

December 7, 2011 at 7:58 am |
  8. ObaManure

He looks like a mint chocolate chip. I want to pee in his face.

December 7, 2011 at 7:56 am |
  9. I can see your dirty pillows...

I bet they eat one anothers doo doo.

December 7, 2011 at 7:55 am |
  10. doctore0

Your religion is built on fake and scam.. a positive step would be leaving religion

December 7, 2011 at 3:49 am |
  11. mari

Just a side point. There are many religions that practice true christianity. They do not use Race or Nationality when determining which congregants are following the teachings of Jesus Christ. He was the most impatial person to ever live on this Earth, true Christians strive to follow his example. Changing church doctrine doesn't change people's hearts. Look at the Mormon church. They have changed their doctrine regarding minorities, but the majority of the members still look down upon minorities.

December 6, 2011 at 5:43 pm |
  12. jwas1914

I don’t understand how a church that claims to be a follower of Christ can vote against couples that are in interracial relationships. Where is the love that should have been the main point to consider with any of their parishioners that might have been against it? This is why the people have lost respect towards religion; things like this unfortunately make them question if in fact God supports such organization. This is one of the reasons why atheism is on the rise. It is clearly that this religion does not know God. “He that does not love has not come to know God, because God is love” (1 John 4:8). Last time I checked in verse 10 of this same chapter it states: “The love is in this respect, not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent forth his Son as a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins”. Take note that it does not say that his sacrifice was for a particular race. We are all God’s children no matter what racial background we come from. For a church to have the audacity to even meet for this foolishness has not come to know God and I can assure you that they will never receive God’s blessings. For anyone to follow such false religion is setting themselves up for failure. Please read your Bible daily.

December 6, 2011 at 2:04 pm |
    • JohnQuest

jwas1914, very well put however, I am a non-believers because I have no evidence that a God exist. The Church is now and has always been a "human" organization and therefor flawed. But consider the following: the only way we "believe" in God is because of the church (a flawed, human organization) how much Faith should you put into what they tell you as the truth?

You may be thinking that God or the belief in God is beyond Churches but what would happen if all churches (Mosque, Synagogues etc...) closed? How long before we stopped believing (one generation two maybe as long as three). Then the God that you believe in will be no more (or less) important than Zeus, Ba'al' and Ancestors of the Aboriginals.

December 6, 2011 at 5:16 pm |
    • Alfred E Neuman

..."I am a non-believers"... How many of you are you? Schitzo a little ?

December 6, 2011 at 6:24 pm |
  13. Nonimus

Seriously... the "full article" link goes to the article from yesterday, http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/05/church-reverses-ban-on-interracial-marriages/ ???

December 6, 2011 at 11:57 am |
  14. PeteDO

And here I thought all this was already covered in the other article. With the hundreds of other articles you could have posted you picked this? Egad.

December 6, 2011 at 11:28 am |