home
RSS
Survey: U.S. Mormons feel discrimination, hope
The Mormon temple at church headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah.
January 12th, 2012

Survey: U.S. Mormons feel discrimination, hope

By Dan Gilgoff, CNN.com Religion Editor

(CNN) – Nearly half of American Mormons say they face a lot of discrimination in the United States, though most also say that acceptance of their religion is on the rise, according to a major survey released Thursday.

The survey also found that a large majority of American Mormons think their countrymen are uninformed about their religion and don’t see Mormons as part of mainstream society, even as most Mormons also say the country is ready for a Mormon president.

“The survey creates a mixed picture for how Mormons see themselves,” said Greg Smith, senior researcher with the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life, which conducted the study. “On the one hand, many tell us they’re misunderstood and often discriminated against, recognizing the challenges of acceptance.

“But Mormons also seem to think that things are changing, that more Americans are coming to see Mormonism as mainstream,” he said.

The survey comes amid what has been called a “Mormon moment.”

Two of the Republican presidential candidates – Mitt Romney and Jon Huntsman – attend the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The religion has also cropped up in big ways in popular culture, from the hit Broadway play “Book of Mormon” to the recent HBO series “Big Love,” about a fundamentalist Mormon family.

Mormons constitute about 2% of the American population.

The Pew survey found that 46% of American Mormons say they face a lot of discrimination in the U.S. today, while six in 10 say their fellow Americans as a whole are uninformed about the LDS Church.

Two-thirds of Mormons say their fellow citizens do not view Mormonism as part of mainstream American society.

At the same time, 63% of Mormons say Americans are “becoming more likely to see Mormonism as part of mainstream society,” in the words of the survey report, while 56% say the country is ready for a Mormon president.

There are some surprising parallels between how Mormons feel about their place in American society and how Muslims do, according to an earlier Pew survey.

"We do see a remarkable degree of similarity about what it's like to be a minority in society," Smith said. "They are under no illusions" about how the broader public currently feels about them, and know their religions are not widely understood, but they remain optimistic at heart, he said.

They recognize the challenges, "but both groups are relentlessly positive about their future in the United States," said Luis Lugo, the director of the Pew Forum.

As Romney’s and Huntsman’s ability to win evangelical votes in the approaching South Carolina presidential primary has become a major question in the presidential campaign, the Pew survey finds that half of Mormons believe that evangelical Christians are unfriendly toward them.

In fact, Mormon and evangelical political opinions match closely on almost everything except immigration, the survey found. (Mormons are much more likely than evangelicals or the U.S. population overall to see immigrants as making a positive contribution to society, said David Campbell of the University of Notre Dame, who helped advise the Pew Forum on the survey.)

Mormons also subscribe to key tenets of mainstream Christianity, despite the sense many evangelicals have that Mormons are not Christians. Previous Pew surveys show that about half of white evangelicals say Mormonism is not a Christian faith.

"Nearly all Mormons say they believe Jesus rose from the dead and that Mormonism is a Christian religion," Smith said.

But the Mormon-evangelical divide is not simply one of theology, a leading evangelical said.

"Evangelicals are - famously or infamously, depending on your perspective - very evangelistic," said Richard Land  of the Southern Baptist Convention. "And so Mormons are out there going door-to-door trying to convince folks  to become Mormons, and evangelicals are out there going door-to-door trying to convince people to become evangelicals."

By comparison, most Mormons said that Americans who are not religious are either neutral or friendly toward them.

Mormons and evangelicals are politically similar, the survey found, with three-quarters of Mormons saying they identify with or lean toward the Republican Party.

And the survey showed that Mormons are more devout in their faith than evangelicals, who are more devout that the public at large.

Three-quarters of Mormons report attending religious services at least weekly, while eight in 10 pray daily and give 10% of their income to their church.

The Pew Forum says the nationwide survey, conducted in October and November, constitutes the biggest survey of American Mormons conducted by an organization that’s not connected to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Pew surveyed 1,019 self-identified Mormons for the project.

CNN's Richard Allen Greene and Emma Lacey-Bordeaux contributed to this report.

- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: Mormonism • Politics • Polls

soundoff (1,639 Responses)
  1. Greenie

TAX the CHURCH! The Mormon CHURCH, and for that matter, most organized religions these days, just cannot seem to stop using their TAX EXEMPT status over and over on POLITICAL CAMPAIGNS. REVOKE THERE TAX EXEMPT STATUS NOW!!!

January 12, 2012 at 12:33 pm |
    • PizzaWolf

YELL ON THE INTERNET!!!!! IT HELPS YOUR CAUSE WHEN YOU SAY IT LOUDER!!! ON TEH INTERWEBZ!!!!!

January 12, 2012 at 12:47 pm |
  2. glyder

hey,pretend like it's a black baptist church that also doesn't exactly appreciate gays.your hate will subside leftists.pretend that being gay is exactly the same as polygamy.you really have no choice in the end.you must permit beastiality also.

January 12, 2012 at 12:32 pm |
    • Doc Vestibule

Animals cannot give informed consent.
      You logic fails.

January 12, 2012 at 12:38 pm |
  3. carlos

The goodness of someone's actions is a better indicator of his/her true religion than the beliefs professed.

January 12, 2012 at 12:31 pm |
    • JJ

Right you are Carlos!! Unless the good actions you do are for man to see. If those actions are done out a love for God and what He has done for each of us, then keep going..

JJ

January 12, 2012 at 12:35 pm |
  4. rob

Colin-I hope you don't fall to hard from your intelictual pedistal you have placed yourself on now. You are so enlightened, I was wondering if we could follow you please. Since we are so simple minded.

Mormans except Jesus as their savior, then take a sharp left from his teaching. Mormans teach, but I am not sure all Mormans believe, that you need works to get to heaven. The 3 heavens that is for Mormans. The top being a heaven where you are God and have your own planet and send you Son to die on the cross. Somehow, I just don't think Jesus will have a smile when a Morman reaches the gates. That is actually between them. I don't hate Mormans, but I don't like that they are portrayed by many as misunderstood Christians.

January 12, 2012 at 12:30 pm |
    • Colin

Rob, once again, tell me what you tae issue with or shut up. This constant "how dare you say that" is tiresome.

By the way, I assume you mean "Mormons ACCEPT Jesus". To except"" him, would be to exclude him.

January 12, 2012 at 12:34 pm |
    • nondescript

"Mormans teach, but I am not sure all Mormans believe, that you need works to get to heaven." as well as faith, i think.

January 12, 2012 at 12:37 pm |
    • Correction

Sorry, but everything you posted is false. This is a Mormon speaking, a well studied Mormon at that. Grace is the ONLY thing that will save us, ask any studious Mormon and they'll tell you the same thing. The rest of your post is simply rubbish or commentary taken out of context. If you attended one of our services, you wouldn't hear any of that taught, we only teach about Jesus Christ and His role as our Savior in our lives.

January 12, 2012 at 12:39 pm |
    • tocorrection

@Correction "Grace is the ONLY thing that will save us, " Can you elaborate on that? an example would be helpful. By saying grace is the only thing that will save us, do you mean people who kill others and claim they have faith in christ will be saved?

January 12, 2012 at 12:44 pm |
    • Mike

"Since we are so simple minded. "

For that to be sarcasm you would have to prove that you are not simple-minded. Based on your post, you're not doing such a good job of that.

January 12, 2012 at 12:47 pm |
    • Andy

You do need works to get into heaven. Surely you don't believe that faith in christ gives you carte-blanche to do whatever you want right? James chapter 2... faith without works is dead.

January 12, 2012 at 3:52 pm |
  5. ZombieJesus!!

Bottom line on mormons – They believe that zombie jesus somehow transported himself to the Americas and interacted with a bunch of lost tribes....sometime in the last 2000 years. Makes total sense to me, with all the evidence left behind!

January 12, 2012 at 12:27 pm |
    • Winterhawk

I love the evidence argument. As a believer in the ten commandments I am thrilled to know that someday I will get to travel to where those stones are kept and see them myself. Remind me . . where are the stones with the Ten Commandments kept? I forget.

January 12, 2012 at 12:35 pm |
  6. Funny

I see that atheists and gays are out in full force today.

January 12, 2012 at 12:25 pm |
    • Steve

Yup... anyone with an opinion that isn't supporting Mormons MUST be an atheist or gay....

January 12, 2012 at 12:29 pm |
    • johnny

Thank goodness for that!

January 12, 2012 at 12:31 pm |
    • Funny

I could care less who supports mormons...that's not the point

just read the comments...mostly atheists (references to fairytales, etc) and gays (prop 8, bigotry, etc).

Just an observation

January 12, 2012 at 12:34 pm |
    • johnny

I've looked at most of the comments and the majority are from other Christians who are against Mormonism or from Mormons defending their faith.

January 12, 2012 at 12:38 pm |
    • Funny

ah yes...I forgot the anti-mormons. Good call!

It is a given that mormon's would be commenting...the article is about them.

My point - It is interesting how impassioned people get over certain topics...to the point that they lack civility. Mormons would likely be equally guilty if this were an article about gay marriage.

January 12, 2012 at 12:47 pm |
  7. jack johnson

Didn't Jim Jones start a relidion just like Joseph Smith did? It's easy to do when you have nuts that believe anything on face value

January 12, 2012 at 12:23 pm |
    • Colin

David Koresh, Jim Jones, Jesus Christ, L.Ron Hubbel, Joseph Smith, Halord Camping and a thousand or two others. The gullibility of the religious should be among the seven wonders of the modern World.

January 12, 2012 at 12:29 pm |
  8. ARthur

Well. Have you ever read their beliefs? They are a cult!

January 12, 2012 at 12:23 pm |
  9. Jonathan

I think people should be free to believe what they would like to believe. The real threat to our society is conservative thinking – the majority of the Mormons and almost every other Christian group in this country is guilty of that. The fact is, they could care less about Jesus Christ and his teachings. They think claiming they believe in him already gives them some sort of moral high ground. They don't care to look at the fact that their politcal beliefs are largely in direct contradiction to Jesus Christ's teachings.

January 12, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
    • Will S

You can believe what you want but that doesn't require others to respect it or take it seriously.

January 12, 2012 at 12:25 pm |
  10. jerry

Mormons discriminate all day long so they should try to look inward and maybe peoples opinions will change. Being NON MORMON in Utah one see's the true mormons daily. Oh and stop knocking on my door telling me "Jesus has a message for me", for some reason people find it offensive when you act like Jesus whispered a secret in your ear.

January 12, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
  11. JJ

I find it very interesting that many LDS faithful feel they are "discriminated against". Try living in Utah and not being a Mormon. You wouldn't believe how the non-LDS are discriminated against in this state. The sadness is that many of these Mormon discriminators don't even know they do it. I'm pretty sure that a "true" Christian would seek to reach out even more aggressively to those not in the faith.

January 12, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
    • PizzaWolf

this is true...i've seen that, but we dont all live in utah. the majority of mormons live outside of utah...and alot of mormons live outside the US. outside of utah we see alot of discrimination. we've kindof had to pull together to survive and it makes us more than a little isolating of people not of our faith...especially in majorly mormon communities. but in my case, where i'm the token 2% or less mormon in my school/social life...almost all my friends are non-mormon, if i want friends they have to be. i'm sure you could be pretty excluded out there.

of course my situation isnt quite the same. i was afraid to let people know i was mormon pretty much my entire life. and now that i have let some people know...everyone always hits on the same stuff "HEY HOW MANY WIVES YOU GOT." "i want more wives." "You know that show BIG LOVE?" -_-*

in the micromormonworld of utah i pity you. we get some of those people who move out here from salt lake city and its like they come from a different country.

January 12, 2012 at 12:42 pm |
    • lily

Just wanted to echo these sentiments. I lived in Utah for about a year and a half and was ostracized by the LDS population once it was discovered that I had no intent of converting to their religious principles. They were outwardly kind and most daily interactions were friendly, but it was well understood that I was an outsider and thus, less worthy of trust, promotion, etc.

During my time in Utah, I was surprised by the influence of the LDS church's influence on the political process in Utah. There was no escaping that they were a dominant force behind most decisions. Having witnessed this, I was not surprised by the recent LDS marketing campaign focused on convincing the public that Mormons are just ordinary people. My state has been pummeled with these commercials as the LDS candidates have been campaigning.

January 12, 2012 at 1:04 pm |
    • Andy

Even this survey found that 56% of LDS members, and 71% of them in Utah, have only or mostly just LDS friends.

January 12, 2012 at 3:54 pm |
  12. SEQLAR

ohhhh poor deluded believers feel discriminated...

January 12, 2012 at 12:20 pm |
  13. Colin

Dear Mormons and Christians:

God here.

First, I do not exist. The concept of a 13,700,00,000 year old being, capable of creating the entire Universe and its billions of galaxies, monitoring simultaneously the thoughts and actions of the 7 billion human beings on this planet is ludicrous.

Second, if I did, I would have left you a book a little more consistent, timeless and independently verifiable than the collection of Iron Age Middle Eastern mythology you call the Bible, or that historical fairytale you call the “Book of Mormon”. Hell, I bet you cannot tell me one thing about any of the bible’s authors or how and why it was edited over the Centuries, yet you cite them for the most extraordinary of claims. Further, Joseph smith was a known fraud and conman. You really believe he was given golden tablets with the mysteries of life, death and everything on them? Sounds a bit silly to me.

Thirdly, when I sent my “son” (whatever that means, given that I am god and do not mate) to Earth, he would have visited the Chinese, Ja.panese, Europeans, Russians, sub-Saharan Africans, Australian Aboriginals, Mongolians, Polynesians, Micronesians, Indonesians and native Americans, not just a few Jews. He would also have exhibited a knowledge of something outside of the Iron Age Middle East. Second, Joseph Smith would not have given the most transparently wrong account of the origins of humans in North America imaginable. Are you people really that gullible!!

Fourthly, I would not spend my time hiding, refusing to give any tangible evidence of my existence, and then punish those who are smart enough to draw the natural conclusion that I do not exist by burning them forever. That would make no sense to me, given that I am the one who elected to withhold all evidence of my existence in the first place.

Fifth, I would not care who you do or how you “do it”. I really wouldn’t. This would be of no interest to me, given that I can create Universes. Oh, the egos. Your support for Prop 8 is a mere hiccup. You cannot hold back history. Gays are now accepted. You lost, and I’m pleased you did. Most gays I know, including thousands of priests and ministers, are genuinely good people.

Sixth, I would have smited all hard core Mormons, evangelicals and fundamentalists long before this. You people drive me nuts. You are so small minded and you speak with such false authority. Many of you still believe in the talking snake nonsense from Genesis. I would kill all of you for that alone and burn you for an afternoon (burning forever is way too barbaric for me to even contemplate).

Seventh, the whole idea of members of one species on one planet surviving their own physical deaths to “be with me” is utter, mind-numbing nonsense. Grow up. You will die. Get over it. I did. Hell, at least you had a life. I never even existed in the first place.

Eighth, I do not read your minds, or “hear your prayers” as you euphemistically call it. There are 7 billion of you. Even if only 10% prayed once a day, that is 700,000,000 prayers. This works out at 8,000 prayers a second – every second of every day. Meanwhile I have to process the 100,000 of you who die every day between heaven and hell. Dwell on the sheer absurdity of that for a moment.

Finally, the only reason you even consider believing in me is because of where you were born. Had you been born in India, you would likely believe in the Hindu gods, if born in Tibet, you would be a Buddhist. Every culture that has ever existed has had its own god(s) and they always seem to favor that particular culture, its hopes, dreams and prejudices. What, do you think we all exist? If not, why only yours?

Look, let’s be honest with ourselves. There is no god. Believing in me was fine when you thought the World was young, flat and simple. Now we know how enormous, old and complex the Universe is.

Move on – get over me. I did.

God

January 12, 2012 at 12:19 pm |
    • nondescript

"God here.

First, I do not exist".......Contradiction!...I stopped reading after that.

January 12, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
    • JJ

January 12, 2012 at 12:22 pm |
    • Colin

JJ, what point(s) of mine do you disagree with?

January 12, 2012 at 12:23 pm |
    • jerry

Did God just say hell?

January 12, 2012 at 12:24 pm |
    • Colin

It is actually quite startling how often religious people respond to this post with a comment like that of "nondescript" above. They apparently lack the capacity to understand simple irony. Oh well, I guess it takes a pretty limited mind to still believe in sky-fairies in the 21st Century.

January 12, 2012 at 12:27 pm |
    • Will S

The troll that believes he's smarter than you is back in town. Just ignore him and he'll go irritate people somewhere else. It's what he lives for since no one takes him seriously in real life.

January 12, 2012 at 12:27 pm |
    • Chris

Excellent post good sir. They should do a study on how atheists feel. We are discriminated against a ton in this country BECAUSE of religion and its followers.

January 12, 2012 at 12:30 pm |
    • Colin

As will adroitly avoids taking issue with anything I said. Typical theist response – we cannot argue with what you say, so we will criticize the fact that you said it.

January 12, 2012 at 12:31 pm |
    • A. GUZMAN

The truth shall set them free!!! Thanks for providing it!

January 12, 2012 at 12:32 pm |
    • JJ

Colin- Just stop trying to "explain" everything in life. Maybe, just maybe, we are not supposed to know how everything came to be. Let's be honest, our feeble human brains cannot come up with all the answers to the worlds questions. Research the word faith for starters. God bless brother..

January 12, 2012 at 12:33 pm |
    • Clayton

Hahaha thank you for that. Perfectly written. I definitely could not have done that any better myself. Bravo Colin!

January 12, 2012 at 12:34 pm |
    • Colin

this is other colin

January 12, 2012 at 12:38 pm |
    • Chubby Rain

JJ: "Idiotic post Colin.... open your eyes, research facts before posting your thoughts..."
      JJ: "Maybe, just maybe, we are not supposed to know how everything came to be."

So, tell Colin to research facts then follow with an opinion that we are don't need facts. Hypocritical, if you ask me.

January 12, 2012 at 12:39 pm |
    • harrison

Nicely done!

January 12, 2012 at 12:40 pm |
    • mulehead

Well done Colin – very good points and I agree with all of them. I was a JW for a long time and left – escaped more like it – but the similarities between that sect and mormonism are very similar. Bring people in – force them to attend multiple meetings each week – make them dependant on the church and 'elders' for everything...friends, income, etc. – then if you should disagree....you're out. When you loose everything – which actually, dare i say, is a blessing – then you can see much more clearly how religions poison everything.

January 12, 2012 at 12:41 pm |
    • Colins Master

Colin-

Great Points you make
      *-First thought- It is mind boggling you are 100% correct and you make a great point about how complex the universe is. It is much simpler to think that an asteroid traveled through space and hit this pile of dirt and created a planet that no only holds 7 billion people at one time but does this over and over through different generations and provides enough food , energy and resources to all of us, It is again more simple to look at the millions of forms of life species that all have purpose and see that no way could this be created. That was one amazing asteroid.

*-Second Thought- Yes give us proof, it is what we need but please don't make me look very hard, I just want to read something or better yet watch something that tells me what I want to believe. If it was written today then it must be true but if it was written along time ago then it is just a fable.

*- Third Thought- Great Point about Christ visiting other nations but be careful not to bring this point up as it is a tenant of the LDS Religion that Christ did visit these other nations, it thwarts our efforts when you bring up something that the enemy believes in.

*- Fourth Thought. Please stop now and do your research you are again falling into the hands of the enemy when you talk like this. you make it to easy for them.

*- Fifth thought- Now your back on track. your right they are Gay people are great, but Know that they are loved by the enemy as well. Keep up the lies about winning prop 8. I will insure that more and more liberal gay judges will determine what is right and put aside the vote of the people. Everyone should be Gay!

*-Sixth Thought- Yeah that's the spirit! Most importantly start linking Mormons with the Evangelicals.

*- Seventh thought- You are good Colin- Push the work forward. live for today, Burn those who disagree with you, anger! anger! anger! my best tools.

*-Eighth Thought- Burn Burn Burn. You are amazing Colin. let them not think of the circle of life, death is final they need to believe that.

Final thought- Hey stick to there being no God. Your confusing the situation

Colin you are a great Servant
      Sincerely,
      Satan

January 12, 2012 at 1:02 pm |
  14. Unfortunately

It is most unfortunate that (this is my experience, not stating Encyclopaedic fact) every faith/lack of faith is marked by feelings of bigotry.

There are "Truth Not Tolerance" (the T in truth is a crucifix) bumper stickers, there are people who want nativities on public government building grounds, there are people who want wiccan statutes in governmental ongoings, there are people who think pagans and earth-centric spiritual people are Satanists, that Amish are a cult, and so on...

Too bad, really. Faith (and the lack of faith) are one of the truly beautiful things about humanity.

January 12, 2012 at 12:17 pm |
  15. ART

The nerve, this comming from a pseudo religion that restricted African Americans from attaining certain levels in the so called church, pleeeaaase.

January 12, 2012 at 12:17 pm |
  16. God was never alive

NEARLY ALL GAY PEOPLE FEEL BIGOTRY FROM MORMONS WHO SPENT MILLIONS IN CALIFORNIA ON A CAMPAIGN OF LIES

January 12, 2012 at 12:16 pm |
    • Unfortunately

Don't yell. It doesn't help.

January 12, 2012 at 12:18 pm |
    • Kurt Kammeyer

Gwna,
      Apparently that 5% or so of Mormon voters in California were able to convince the 95% of Catholics, Muslims, HIspanics and Blacks to vote against their consciences in favor of Proposition 8. Is that how it worked? How can you ignore the fact that Blacks were overwhelmingly in FAVOR of Prop 8? Stop picking on the Mormons. You have much bigger problems to deal with.

January 12, 2012 at 1:22 pm |
  17. christian

what people are concerned about is that mormons do not follow the principles that binds and make christian christians. in otherwords, what if a group of muslims get together and claim they heard the words of jesus, he spoke to them, and that they should form thier own version of christianity. ans so they do everything they always did as muslims, but they say they are christian. if they are christian, then christianty is just a concept, not a finite religion but an idea that can be reinterpreted at will of any group,whether they follow christian teaching or not..

January 12, 2012 at 12:16 pm |
    • Jonathan

so why are there so many different christian denominations then? – baptist, methodists, evanglicals, seventh day adventist, lutheran, catholic, apostolic, pentacostal, etc. etc. etc.?

January 12, 2012 at 12:24 pm |
    • PizzaWolf

yes...actually that is pretty much it except they'd have to follow the teachings of christ, or at least claim to be, and start using the new and old testaments as well as the koran to be considered christian.

January 12, 2012 at 12:28 pm |
    • Kurt Kammeyer

Interesting concept. Now, just suppose that these people did not just decide to start their own religion, but God spoke to one of them and told him to organize a church according to God's own exacting specifications? That is the position that the Latter-day Saints take. The fact is, EVERY religion must trace its origins back to some divine manifestation, otherwise where do they get their authority to speak for God? You can't get your authority from the Bible, and it's actually a rather poor handbook for how to run a church. If all the Bibles in the world were destoryed (God forbid) the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints would still have all the authority it needed to continue, because God conferred that authority directly upon a prophet in our day. That is the great difference.

January 12, 2012 at 1:30 pm |
  18. cisom

Hopefully evangelical will realize someday that a political vote for someone is doesn't have to translate into acceptance of their religious beliefs.

I'm a Latter-Day-Saint. Yes there is bigotry against the church, comes with the territory, and that isn't going to change. I will be concerned if it does. The church stands for something and will allways be detested. We have it far better than previous generations.

Dewed's concerns are waranted. Members of the church in Utah can be very exclusive.

January 12, 2012 at 12:15 pm |
  19. Jones33

I always hated the Mormon religion but for the past few years I have learned to respect them. They are the only major group that is fighting to protect American family values. They are resisting the gay infiltration the best they could. If it weren't for them gays would have succeeded in corrupting America.

January 12, 2012 at 12:14 pm |
    • paul

Yes, they are fighting for family values for all their wives!!!!

January 12, 2012 at 12:19 pm |
  20. Experts of nothing

These forums just kill me...

I marvel how every commenter on every article truly believes they are an expert on every given subject. They extrapolate their very limited knowledge and experience into a forgone conclusion, and then denigrate, deride, and belittle anyone who dares challenge their peceived omniscience.

January 12, 2012 at 12:13 pm |
    • PizzaWolf

+1 to this.

January 12, 2012 at 12:20 pm |
    • Logic

Welcome to the interwebs...

January 12, 2012 at 12:37 pm |
    • Kurt Kammeyer

Thank you. Once again, this just proves the premise of the original article (remember that?) that Mormons still feel misunderstood. Religion is always a hot-button topic.

January 12, 2012 at 1:35 pm |