home
RSS
February 10th, 2012

Belief Blog's Morning Speed Read for Friday, February 10

By Dan Merica, CNN

Here's the Belief Blog’s morning rundown of the top faith-angle stories from around the United States and around the world. Click the headlines for the full stories.

From the Blog:

CNN: Contraception controversy consumes D.C., campaign
Congressional Democrats and Republicans escalated their rhetorical war Thursday over a pending federal rule requiring religiously affiliated employers to provide full contraception coverage to women – one day after hints emerged of a possible compromise between the White House and conservative religious critics.

A same-sex marriage bill passed the Washington House and Senate. Rev. Mike Denton approves.

CNN: Opinion: Why I support gay marriage in Washington
Rev. Mike Denton writes that, “Fifteen years ago, gay and lesbian folks were still stepping gingerly around the words “wedding” or “marriage.” It didn’t feel safe and just didn’t seem to be worth the fight so words like “union service” or “commitment service” were used instead.” In a piece special to CNN, Denton writes why he gay marriage legislation in Washington state.

Belief on TV:

Tweet of the Day:

From @ReligionNewsNow: Boo! Evangelicals are much more likely to believe in ghosts (not the Holy Spirit) than other Christians ow.ly/8YRVe

Enlightening Reads:

Baptist Pres: Wash. gay ‘marriage’ bill goes to governor
Washington state Gov. Christine Gregoire is on the verge of signing a bill that would legalize gay "marriage," but voters in the state likely will get the last word.

The Guardian: Can a religion survive being stripped of its superstitions?
A recurring criticism I've face in this series is that I talk about religion but focus almost exclusively on the Judaeo-Christian tradition. In some ways that's fair, but given my concerns are with the broader features of religious belief, not the minutiae of doctrinal differences, I'm pretty confident that all or at least most of my main points apply to the monotheistic religions at least, and many are also relevant to others.

The Christian Post: Honor of Dishonor? Tebowing vs. Bradying
"Tebowing" is considered an expression of praise, and has even received its own definition: "to get down on a knee and start praying, even if everyone else around is doing something completely different." On the other hand, "Bradying" isn't being seen as necessarily giving off the same meaning as its counterpart.

Religion News Service: Anglican breakaway group confronts new power struggle
The saga of the Anglican Mission in the Americas sounds like the words to an old country song: "Why have you left the one you left me for?" Founded by breakaway Episcopal priests who left their former denomination because they felt it was too liberal, the Anglican Mission is now in the middle of another ugly church feud.

Quote of the Day:

Palestine has to become part of the American vocabulary in the way Americans learn about and digest information, like in the kinds of magazines you read in the Laundromat.

Sarah Schulman, a professor of English at the City University of New York, spoke at a conference for people who believe Israel, due to their relationship with Palestinians, should be boycotted. Schulman and other boycott organizers hope to make their movement more “alive, progressive, increasingly available,” than it has been in the past.

Today’s Opinion:

CNN: Opinion: Why I fight to uphold traditional marriage in Washington
Rev. Kenneth Hutcherson writes in an article special to CNN that he is a strong supporter of traditional marriage, “because I am a pastor of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am a shepherd that is supposed to lead, feed and protect the flock. Anything the bible says is good for society, I stand on it and I will not compromise on it.”

Join the conversation…

GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum addresses a group of pastors Wednesday in McKinney, Texas.

CNN: 10 reasons religious conservatives love Rick Santorum
For all the attention paid to the clout of fiscally focused tea party conservatives and of the primacy of jobs in the 2012 election, Rick Santorum’s trifecta victories Tuesday night are a good reminder of the powerful role religious conservatives play in the GOP. They fueled Santorum’s wins in Missouri, Minnesota and Colorado – and his earlier victory in the Iowa caucuses.

- Dan Merica

Filed under: Uncategorized

1. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things*

February 11, 2012 at 6:30 am |
    • Nope

*The statistical studies from the nineteenth century and the three CCU studies on prayer are quite consistent with the fact that humanity is wasting a huge amount of time on a procedure that simply doesn’t work. Nonetheless, faith in prayer is so pervasive and deeply rooted, you can be sure believers will continue to devise future studies in a desperate effort to confirm their beliefs."""""`~~~~

February 11, 2012 at 10:44 am |
    • nope

nope .

February 11, 2012 at 2:30 pm |
    • Yup

"nope

nope ."

More desperation from the xtians! LMAO!

February 13, 2012 at 11:02 am |
  2. Name*truchristian

Gangstalking is against the law!

February 11, 2012 at 4:46 am |
  3. Name*truchristian

Gangstalking is community harrassment and stalking pf targetted individuals!It is illegal to stalk targetted individuals!!!

February 11, 2012 at 4:45 am |
  4. Thor

alright check this out. im sure you've all heard of the mark of the beast....666. ever heard of the 666 calculator? its like this. 6 is the unholy number.take the number six and give it to the letter A. Add six to that and give it to letter B and so on and so forth. so you got
    A=6 B=12 C=18 D=24 E=30 F=36 G=42 H=48 I=54 J=60 K=66 L=72 M=78 N=84 O=90 P=96 Q=102 R=108 S=114 T=120 U=126 V=132 W=138 X=144 Y=150 Z=156

Take a word and add the letters up corresponding to their number.
    These words = 666

Digital ID Chip=666
    Bio Implant=666
    RFID Body Tag = 666
    RFID Scanner = 666
    Satanic Mark=666
    Satan Cult = 666

try it yourself
    scary sh!t if you ask me

February 10, 2012 at 9:35 am |
    • Alfred E Neuman

100+566 = 666
      665+ 1 = 666
      200 = 466 = 666
      Dang Thor that is scary!

February 10, 2012 at 10:15 am |
    • Michelle Bachman

take those sixes and turn'em upside down, and you have Hermain Cain's 999 plan.

February 10, 2012 at 10:44 am |
    • Brad

I remember that from high school. Kissinger works and so does iconoclast. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

February 10, 2012 at 11:05 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

Christ be a god.
      666!

Poor grammar is the mark of teh beast!

February 10, 2012 at 11:11 am |
    • Thor

LoL Doc, how long did it take to figure that one out

February 10, 2012 at 11:56 am |
    • Thor

come on now brad. i thought this was at least more convincing than harold campings calculations. Oh and by the way calculation and computer=666 AAAAAAH!

February 10, 2012 at 11:58 am |
    • J.W

Vestibula=666. So close lol

February 10, 2012 at 12:03 pm |
    • Thor

brack obama =408 damn, i really had a haunch on that dude. hmm, i wonder who else it could be.

February 10, 2012 at 12:20 pm |
    • Brad

I got curious, so I ran a script against >100,000 English words. It came up with 1116 words that sum up to 666 that way. My favorite just now is "workweek" which is just about over. You might not want to go to Yosemite, by the way. Witchcraft and witchery are bad too. And try not to be xenophobic.

February 10, 2012 at 12:44 pm |
    • Thor

brad, please list at least most of them, im just curious

February 10, 2012 at 3:22 pm |
    • Brad

Hi Thor – There's a lot of it and I'm not at all sure it'll go past the nanny filter. Do you have an email account you use for anonymous stuff?

February 10, 2012 at 4:01 pm |
    • Brad

Still curious, I ran the script over the King James version of the Bible to look at phrases. There are a few interesting ones:
      the God of Jacob
      God of Israel
      Abraham's son
      thy father
      gates of death

And lots of others. Maybe the most significant one: of no value

February 12, 2012 at 10:30 pm |
  5. hippypoet

i wish to help the believers in giving aid to there clearly poor arguments – or lack thereof... ready

all who believe "this" will happen after death, it is , at least in theoretical physics, that which will happen, so take solace in that. You have an absolute argument from a science..granted its theoretical...whatever, so is your beliefs! And thats the funny part. 🙂
    No practical application of religion exists to date- save from just being kind and caring – but that has nothing to do any ONE religion or belief system, its more common courtesy, which is fast become like that of common sense...non existent! But at least then one of the main attributes given to the idea that is god will be equal to the idea of god ... non existent! 🙂

Enjoy your personal philosophies, that is afterall what religion is...personal, having nothing to do with any other thing but yourself and your well being. Remember that!

now say thank you for the gift that the Great Hippypoet has bestowed upon you all.

LOL! 🙂

February 10, 2012 at 9:22 am |
    • Brad

Thank you hippypoet. I'm having bumper stickers made up that say "THIS HAPPENS".

February 10, 2012 at 11:10 am |
    • hippypoet

your very welcome Brad. may i change your bumber sticker thou- i think it should read "believe this" ... your thoughts?

February 10, 2012 at 11:13 am |
    • Brad

Provocative – I like it.

February 10, 2012 at 11:18 am |
    • Flinders, the butler

Nothing "happens" after death. The dimensions of space-time exist only in this universe.
      The "spiritual" dimension has no space, and no time.

"happens" requires time.

There goes Purgatory, there goes "creation", there goes "loving", "anger", "seeing", "knowing", "contemplating" etc., etc., etc.

Oops.

February 10, 2012 at 11:39 am |
  6. hippypoet

Ok, See when you believe that something will happen no matter what and then seek to prove it what you are really doing is seeking things that appear to prove you correct. Its called being biased, i am too but for different things...we each have our issues and thats the real reason for the creation of placing responibility on an idea – we as children learn that parents use ideas to control the conversation when something of meaning takes place. Lose a tooth, then enters traditions –tooth fairy, santa, easter bunny...sure they were christian mythologies but now they are just traditions. Notice how i said mythologies. They, abrahamic god subtypes, are all equal to every other god(s) story everywhere. To think they are not is to place value in one over the other. My question to you is why does this religion strike you as the "real" one when many older religions have very similiar stories. And here is the thing – you said the most true thing you could ever have said..."An idea that most ppl usually backs up with personal experiences." Personal experiences, it seem correct to say, thou you may have an argument, that the older the belief, the more the personal experiences exist to back up said belief, and therefore that much more extreme the believer! Foundamentalist anyone?

God is an idea. Such an improbable idea that many have, to make the idea inarguable, said that the idea is beyond human comprehension and so by doing remove the need but more importantly the ability to prove it and so make god an untouchable notion of truth based on an idea. You hold fast to an idea of an improbable, incomprehensible, and untouchable nature as if it is fact! How is that any different from being delusional? Until there is evidence for the existence of god, the notion of god remains in the realm of ideas. Until you have evidence for the existence of god, the notion of god remains in the realm of ideas. And thats a factual statement!

February 10, 2012 at 8:00 am |
    • martint

Well said hippypoet! Nothing like a good reasoning in the morning, better than that Psalm thing posted below.

February 10, 2012 at 8:14 am |
    • fred

Poet
      What you miss is that a conversion such as Saul of Tarsus experienced is real as are the millions upon millions of conversions that happened this year already. Since you know they are real it becomes necessary for you to come with all sorts of reasons to justify your position. Your justification has less weight and should be considered invalid when compared with the new believer. Consider you have before you an actual event say a conversion of an atheist that followed the exact pattern set out in the Bible: realize you are a sinner, repent and ask Jesus into your life. Suddenly you are new person and your life is completely changed. The atheist comes up and says you are delusional and there is no God it is just an idea in your head. Miracles are completely discounted and rules of probability are expressed even though the medical community says it is impossible. Prayer you are told is empty self talk and you could not hear the voice of God because there is no God. But, wait says the new believer, I experienced all this, I now have the Holy Spirit just as Jesus said that guides me in all truth. B.S. says the atheist there is an explanation for what happened to you I just don’t know what it is. But, says the new believer, I now understand Jonah and the big fish let me explain it to you. Nonsense says the atheist you do not understand it you simply have a new opinion like reading Harry Potter. Life suddenly has no purpose without God. BS says the atheist we have the same purpose as a fish or dog. But, I now know that there is a something that sets me apart from animals I have experienced the love of God who has revealed my soul and now I sense a presence never before known that sets me apart from animals. Nonsense, you are chemicals and organic matter like the dog that soon will turn to dust existing nevermore.
      Atheist everything I tell you I know and experience it as real while you speak of things that are not real, that you have not experienced or remains unknown to you. You are different than a dog, you know not what happens after death, you have never experienced; answered prayer, the Holy Spirit, God or revelation of Divine truth and Gods love. You stand on your own mountain of reason without any evidence or proof beating your chest and tell me that what I actually experienced was just in my head. Yeah, right

February 10, 2012 at 12:17 pm |
    • hippypoet

fred, you fail....My question was why does this religion strike you as the "real" one when many older religions have very similiar stories.

something you said hit a cord in me... because it works for you too -" you have never experienced; answered prayer, the Holy Spirit, God or revelation of Divine truth and Gods love. "

That stuff you call "answered prayer" and the other crap as well, its all in your head...and if its not then i'm sure you wouldn't mind sharing some "revelation of divine truth" – i could really go for some divine truth!
      god's love is self love since its all in the mind. You place value in the idea, create things that verify it as truth...again, thats called biased!

these are some questions i can't wait to hear the answers to!

How is anything god related not just the power of suggestion?
      What makes this god the only god and how are all other gods not?

good talking with ya. 🙂

February 10, 2012 at 12:57 pm |
    • hippypoet

sry, i missed this – this is you talking to yourself for it is you with lack proof of your creator... i rather enjoy having the ability to say i don't know, instead of hearing some pious moron say god did it....You stand on your own mountain of belief without any evidence or proof ! lol you are too funny!

February 10, 2012 at 1:00 pm |
    • Robert Brown

Very good post Fred. Some folks need an experience similar to Sauls in order to believe. However, most testimonies I have heard were from seekers. We know God is able and possibly some may use debate to seek. Have a great day.

February 10, 2012 at 1:15 pm |
    • fred

Robert
      I needed a Saul like blast of light that knocked me off my horse, it was not a high horse like Saul was on, just little pony. Interesting, I often think of those that come simply by seeking. I continually go back to God bursting into my life and the overwhelming repentance and change that followed. God knew I needed a 2X4 to the back of the head for a wake up call. Like the Hebrew of old I continually visit and give thanks to that moment in order to stay straight. Have a good weekend !

February 10, 2012 at 4:14 pm |
    • fred

Poet
      “How is anything god related not just the power of suggestion?”
      =>Little back ground for you- After my mini Saul like conversion I found out some women had been praying for me almost a whole year. One day I helped out a foolish homeless Christian that was crying because if he could not attend his son’s wedding (a son he abandoned many years prior) the son would have nothing further to do with his father. So, I took him to Good Will picked up a suit and cloths, an airline ticket, took him to the airport and give him a couple hundred to pay for the rehearsal dinner and lodging. When I picked him up at the airport he gave me his old Bible after I dropped him off. I refused it but he insisted. After I was out of sight I tossed that Bible in back. On several occasions I went to throw it out but each time was distracted before I could touch it. One day after losing my company and family I picked up that Bible to toss it in the trash and get rid of the car. But, that Bible was bent open to some red letters right where I tossed it previously. I only looked out of curiosity to see why it was written in red. I could not put it down and was convicted of sin in my life, I asked Jesus for help just as the text said I should do. An entire new reality came into focus I did not know existed prior to that moment.
      In retrospect I saw the prayer that got the ball rolling, the foolish man put in my path, losing my most valued possessions, each occasion I was blocked from tossing the Bible, finally touching the Bible, the exact pages it was bent open to, inability to put it down then conversion.
      That is one powerful string of mighty suggestion.

“What makes this god the only god and how are all other gods not?”
      =>First of all my God is spelled with a capital G……….isn’t that enough? This God who was revealed to me and has fulfilled every promise given to me to date also fulfilled all previous promises to prior generations. No other gods have done that, and of those I have heard about they all seem small and clearly are manmade. I can see where Allah came from and where Joseph Smith picked up his ideas all of them pointing at the God of Abraham. There are certain attributes in common and if we look at the simple message of Jesus we can catch a glimpse of the one true God. I think we talked about the rules of perfection pointing to only one God rather than 2 or more. When you read the book of Acts Paul is describing division and how men drift towards worldly thought which includes concept of God. Today’s gods reflect that drift and like the spokes of a wheel point to the origin and strength of the wheel, that is God drawing all men to himself. Jesus said my sheep know my voice and it was Jesus that called me not the others. If it was a Quran in the back of my car would it have been an answer to prayer – not in my case. Being offered virgins by the God of Abraham does not fit the image given By Christ. I would not have remained a Muslim very long on that fact alone. Mohammed had a problem with young boys from what some Iranians tell me. Paul received most of his knowledge of Jesus from revelation as did Mohammed about Islam. Paul modeled his belief whereas Mohammed did not. Those who have seen the true God will generally walk in that truth, Mohammed did not.
      Forget the gods of the Old Testament as Jesus the Prophets and Paul exposed their manmade natures.

“How are you sure that your god is really god and not just some interstellar being who enjoys playing with the minds of the weak?”
      =>Yeah, I give that the lowest of probability well below no God. Given the fact that man points to God from the earliest worship of Neanderthal there is by observation something sensed by man. It is like a compass that keeps pointing north and like a compass it points in the same direction – upward and outward. Just like a compass our heart will point true. The Muslims got this part right as they know there is only one direction for prayer they just got a camel in the eye of the compass needle.

February 10, 2012 at 6:14 pm |
    • Flinders, the butler

fred
      Logic 101 : The fact that "a" follows "b", does not prove "a" was the cause of "b".

February 10, 2012 at 9:37 pm |
    • fred

Butler
      Then the observation mammals came after fish does not prove the theory of evolution.

February 10, 2012 at 10:53 pm |
    • Flinders, the butler

fred,
      You are exactly correct re Evolution. BUT, your an'alogy, as stated is NOT similar, or even remotely relevant. YOU were talking about CAUSATION, (implied), and your analogy is simply temporal sequencing. The CAUSE of the evolution of mammals is not even implied in the statement of the sequence.

February 11, 2012 at 3:07 am |
  7. A known Filipino

Great, religious fanatics. Well time to reason.

February 10, 2012 at 7:58 am |
  8. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things

February 10, 2012 at 7:47 am |
    • Nope

The statistical studies from the nineteenth century and the three CCU studies on prayer are quite consistent with the fact that humanity is wasting a huge amount of time on a procedure that simply doesn’t work. Nonetheless, faith in prayer is so pervasive and deeply rooted, you can be sure believers will continue to devise future studies in a desperate effort to confirm their beliefs."""~~~~~~~~~~~~~

February 10, 2012 at 8:07 am |

nope

February 10, 2012 at 12:46 pm |
  9. Psalm 118

1 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
    his love endures forever.

2 Let Israel say:
    “His love endures forever.”
    3 Let the house of Aaron say:
    “His love endures forever.”
    4 Let those who fear the LORD say:
    “His love endures forever.”

5 When hard pressed, I cried to the LORD;
    he brought me into a spacious place.
    6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid.
    What can mere mortals do to me?
    7 The LORD is with me; he is my helper.
    I look in triumph on my enemies.

8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
    than to trust in humans.
    9 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
    than to trust in princes.
    10 All the nations surrounded me,
    but in the name of the LORD I cut them down.
    11 They surrounded me on every side,
    but in the name of the LORD I cut them down.
    12 They swarmed around me like bees,
    but they were consumed as quickly as burning thorns;
    in the name of the LORD I cut them down.
    13 I was pushed back and about to fall,
    but the LORD helped me.
    14 The LORD is my strength and my defense[a];
    he has become my salvation.

15 Shouts of joy and victory
    resound in the tents of the righteous:
    “The LORD’s right hand has done mighty things!
    16 The LORD’s right hand is lifted high;
    the LORD’s right hand has done mighty things!”
    17 I will not die but live,
    and will proclaim what the LORD has done.
    18 The LORD has chastened me severely,
    but he has not given me over to death.
    19 Open for me the gates of the righteous;
    I will enter and give thanks to the LORD.
    20 This is the gate of the LORD
    through which the righteous may enter.
    21 I will give you thanks, for you answered me;
    you have become my salvation.

22 The stone the builders rejected
    has become the cornerstone;
    23 the LORD has done this,
    and it is marvelous in our eyes.
    24 The LORD has done it this very day;
    let us rejoice today and be glad.

25 LORD, save us!
    LORD, grant us success!

26 Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD.
    From the house of the LORD we bless you.[b]
    27 The LORD is God,
    and he has made his light shine on us.
    With boughs in hand, join in the festal procession
    up[c] to the horns of the altar.

28 You are my God, and I will praise you;
    you are my God, and I will exalt you.

29 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
    his love endures forever.

February 10, 2012 at 7:26 am |
    • Rev. Parson

Beautiful, I love the word of God in the morning.

February 10, 2012 at 7:48 am |
    • martint

Snore!!!!!!!!!!

February 10, 2012 at 8:13 am |
    • Mirosal

Prayer is for the weak-minded, those unable to think for themselves. The babble.. oops I mean buybull... sorry.. the bible is just a Jedi mind trick.

February 10, 2012 at 8:16 am |
    • Rev. Parson

Mr. Mirosal that is not prayer that is Bible, It would be a good prayer but it is in fact scripture.

February 10, 2012 at 9:58 am |
    • David

Thanks for the Psalm.

February 10, 2012 at 10:08 am |
    • Bizarre

The Psalms were composed as songs and poetry. The assemblage that we see in the Bible were like The Billboard Top 100 B.C.E. or a collection of very popular poems of the day. Many of them are quite emotionally moving, but there is no evidence that they were the "word" of any god, LORD, or other supernatural being. Think, "Hey, Jude" or "A Bridge Over Troubled Water", or "The Rose", or "How Do I Love Thee"...

February 10, 2012 at 12:44 pm |
    • Bizarre

p.s. ... or "Forget You", eh? 🙂

February 10, 2012 at 12:46 pm |
    • Robert Brown

Psalm 118 made my day. Thanks and God Bless You.

February 10, 2012 at 1:21 pm |
    • Rev. Parson

The Psalms were accepted by the Hebrews as the word of God. The majority of psalms we have today were credited to King David approx 1000 B.C. It is said that David wrote over 3000 psalms and 365 songs, one for each day of the year. All were considered to be the inspired word of God. It would be bizarre to think otherwise.

February 10, 2012 at 5:14 pm |
    • Bizarre

Rev. Parson, "The Psalms were accepted by the Hebrews as the word of God."

So was this:
      1 Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
      2 "This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing. Now he shall be brought to the priest,
      3 and the priest shall go out to the outside of the camp. Thus the priest shall look, and if the infection of leprosy has been healed in the leper,
      4 then the priest shall give orders to take two live clean birds and cedar wood and a scarlet string and hyssop for the one who is to be cleansed.
      5 "The priest shall also give orders to slay the one bird in an earthenware vessel over running water.
      6 "As for the live bird, he shall take it together with the cedar wood and the scarlet string and the hyssop, and shall dip them and the live bird in the blood of the bird that was slain over the running water.
      7 "He shall then sprinkle seven times the one who is to be cleansed from the leprosy and shall pronounce him clean, and shall let the live bird go free over the open field.
      8 "The one to be cleansed shall then wash his clothes and shave off all his hair and bathe in water and be clean. Now afterward, he may enter the camp, but he shall stay outside his tent for seven days.
      9 "It will be on the seventh day that he shall shave off all his hair: he shall shave his head and his beard and his eyebrows, even all his hair. He shall then wash his clothes and bathe his body in water and be clean." – Leviticus 14:1-9

And that's just *one* of many outlandish things that the LORD *said*.

-----------------------

King David is credited with all of 'em, eh? Glad that the Gershwins, Jerome Kern, Kris Kristofferson, Bob Dylan, etc. live(d) in the current era, where their works weren't appropriated by royal usurpation. How many speechwriters/ghostwriters get credit for the words that they put in the mouths of presidents, politicians and other famous folks?

February 10, 2012 at 6:37 pm |
    • Flinders, the butler

"scripture" means "that which is written", NOTHING more.
      All the texts in the present canon were VOTED in, by a non-unanimous VOTE. Many texts were left out.
      Was the "inspiration" in the vote, or in the editing, or in the composition, or in the "remembering" of the oral tradition ? Where ?

February 10, 2012 at 9:41 pm |
    • Flinders, the butler

or the translation ?

February 10, 2012 at 9:41 pm |
    • Rev. Parson

The Psalms are in the Old Testament. In existence long before the cannon of New Testament scripture was established. Dead Sea Scrolls show the existence of virtually the entire Hebrew version of the Old Testament in the first to third century B.C. I Am not aware of any voting regarding the Hebrew cannon, unless we consider the few books and parts of books added by the catholic church, sometime in the first few centuries A.D. and later removed at the time of the reformation.

February 10, 2012 at 11:19 pm |
    • Flinders, the butler

"Reverend"...if that is even what you are..

a. a cannon is what you shoot cannon balls from.
      b. a canon is an accepted set of texts

There were countless "psalms". The book was edited, and compiled, and chosen by humans to const'itute the text we now have. At what point, exactly, in it's long development process, did it become "inspired" ?

February 11, 2012 at 3:11 am |