home
RSS
February 22nd, 2012

Belief Blog's Morning Speed Read for Wednesday, February 22

By Dan Merica, CNN

Here's the Belief Blog’s morning rundown of the top faith-angle stories from around the United States and around the world. Click the headlines for the full stories.

From the Blog:

CNN: Faith Online: Social media bridges the old and the new
The General Theological Seminary was founded in 1817, making it the oldest Episcopalian seminary in the country. Twitter, on the other hand, was introduced to the public in 2006, making it, by comparison, a newborn. Colin Chapman and Joseph Mathews, the relatively young founders of Digital Formation, hope to bring those two worlds together.

Jeremy Lin credits his faith with his success in the NBA.

CNN: Jeremy Lin emerges as emblem of burgeoning Asian-American Christianity
Lin, who had been baptized into an evangelical Chinese church near San Francisco in ninth grade and had come to value Christian fellowship through his youth group, was part of the Harvard-Radcliffe Asian American Christian Fellowship group, regularly attending Bible study.

CNN: Faithful prepare for Lent with pancake feast, race
Tuesday at the Washington National Cathedral, school children alongside clergy competed in a pancake tossing relay race. It was an exercise in religious fun, the day before Ash Wednesday.

CNN: Franklin Graham questions Obama, Romney on Christian faith
Franklin Graham, son of famed evangelist Billy Graham, on Tuesday questioned whether Mitt Romney's Mormon faith qualified as Christianity.

CNN: Rioting over Quran burning is un-Islamic, scholar argues
Muslims believe the Quran is the word of God, so holy that people should wash their hands before even touching the sacred book, which is why Quran burning incites such fury.

Tweet of the Day:

From @EricCNNBelief: Question of the night for #cnnelection will Santorum and Gingrich have ashes tomorrow for #AshWednesday? religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/21/wil…

Belief on TV:

Enlightening Reads:

Religion Dispatches: How the Logic of Law Enforcement Leads to Spying on Muslims
It’s always nice to get a shout out in the New York Times, although this particular one comes from a few years back, before the most recent revelations of the NYPD’s activities, which our own Hussein Rashid, among others, has been all over. With all the talk of the NYPD and its relationship to New York’s huge Muslim community, of which I am a part, we deserve a sustained and public conversation.

Catholic News Agency: Few Catholic colleges freely choose to cover birth control, group says
An analysis by the Cardinal Newman Society shows that most Catholic colleges offering contraceptive coverage do so because of a state mandate or medical reasons but not for birth control purposes.

The Romney campaign has made a point of regularly using social media.

Gawker: Why do Mormons, Including Mitt Romney’s Wife, Love Pintrest?
Earlier today, Mitt Romney's official Twitter account linked to his wife Ann's profile on the social network everyone is talking about,Pinterest. Ann Romney is now the most famous Mormon on Pinterest—but far from the first. Pinterest is so popular with Mormons it's practically the Utah of social networks. Why? Let's investigate.

Christian Post: Vanderbilt Says It Respects Religious Tolerance With ‘All-Comers’ Policy
Vanderbilt University, which stirred controversy over deciding to adopt an "all-comers" policy to membership and leadership in campus student organizations, maintains that it shows tolerance for religious organizations.

Quote of the Day:

We've had a lot of, I guess, luck, to put it simply.

Brady Quinn, Bronco’s backup quarterback, said this about Denver’s starting QB Tim Tebow in an interview with Michael Silver from GQ. Tebow, who has become a religious figure because of his late game heroics and devout Christian faith, led the Broncos to the playoffs this year.

Today’s Contributor Piece:

Huffington Post: The Secret Life of Hasidic Sexuality
Though I am not entirely sure why, people seem just plain fascinated by the (supposedly) cloistered communities of black clad Jews who briskly swarm - entourage and side curls in tow - through the streets of Brooklyn, the Diamond District and Old Jerusalem. For sure, some of it is the sheer "otherness" of their look and their seeming lack of interest as to what is occurring street level, including you and all the other passers-by.

Join the conversation…

CNN: Santorum and Satan – the devils in the details
A 2008 speech by Rick Santorum at Ave Maria University is making waves this week, in large part because Santorum said Satan had his sights set on America and the country was facing spiritual warfare.

- Dan Merica

Filed under: Uncategorized

1. builders yard

Someone necessarily help to make critically articles I would state. This is the very first time I frequented your web page and up to now? I surprised with the analysis you made to create this actual publish amazing. Wonderful activity!

September 12, 2012 at 3:51 am |
  2. tuvia

DOES THE CURRENT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

DOES HE AND THE REST OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE

WANT THE TORAH?

DO THEY WANT THE ISRAELITES, THE LEVIHIM AND THE KOHANIM AND DOES THE WORLD AND WILL YOU PLEASE
    ASK MR. ROMNEY, AND HIS CONVENTION THE FOLLOWING QUESTION.

WE THE ISRAELITES, THE LEVIHIM AND THE KOHANIM
    WE WANT TO GET PERMISSION FROM THE WORLD TO
    BUILD THE 3RD TEMPLE.

WE WANT TO ADVANCE THE EDUCATION TO THE WORLD
    THROUGH THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

THE TEMPLE INSITUTE IN JERSUSALEM WILL HELP THE
    MINISTRY OF EDUCATION IN THE UNITED STATES WITH
    PERMISSION.

MR. ROMNEY THE FOLLOWING QUESTION IS DIRECTED TO YOU.

DO YOU MOURN THE DESTRUCTION OF THE SECOND TEMPLE AND WILL YOU ALLOW THE ISRAELITES, THE LEVIHIM AND THE KOHANIM TO SERVE HASHEM IN THE LAND

???

September 5, 2012 at 1:51 pm |
  3. Luca

At my job I work very hard wtiihn this call center. My manager Pearline Graham main manger Kim Filardi over my department is soo nasty and wicked. She's not friendly at all and when you speak to her she looks at you with this nasty look as if she's better that any one else in the department. Aside from that when pressure comes from the cases that we handle she pushes it off on my manager Mrs.Pearline to place pressure on us to work the cases. I work very hard and do a lot of ovetime here. To make a long story short. This pay peroid I worked over 43 hours of overtime. We're not suppose to go over 40. But my Manager would act mean with it but at the same time she wants me to help her take down cases wihen they pile up just to saver her from being pressured. However, I came intoday to check my time in etime some of my hours were erased by her. I didn't say anything to her about it. I just think that wasn't fair and it was mean and nasty. I ask for God favor to hanlde this matter any way he see fit. I pray that he works inside this work place on the people who need to be dealt with. I pray that everything that was done for spite shall return back to e as a powerful blessing in the name of Jesus I ask lord that you bless me with confirmation to know that it's by your works that you're going to handle this matter and to stop them all in here from their wicked and nasty ways. Favor me on this Job Lord In everyway possible.

March 1, 2012 at 11:31 pm |
  4. lunchbreaker

If I pray for my mother with cancer not to die, will God let her live? Apparently we are all assigned a time to die. So will my prayer change that? I always imagined God had everything already planned out. If so, your prayers are never really answered, some people just happen to pray for what God already had planned out.

February 22, 2012 at 2:15 pm |
    • Major Matt Mason

If God already knows everything that will happen, then prayer is utterly pointless. Indeed, all of creation becomes pointless to God because he already knows the outcome. And even stranger, God himself cannot change the outcome, and is himself trapped in predestination, which means that God is not all-powerful. So who is in control of God, and who made him?

When subjected to the scrutiny of critical thinking, religion always reduces to illogical impossibilities.

February 22, 2012 at 2:56 pm |
  5. Chuckles

Alright, here's a question for all you sinners out there (atheist and theist alike):

Death is a scary thing, in that I think probably 100 percent of the world can agree on that and the fear of death is ubiquitous throughout the world and throughout history. One of the most fundamental parts of any religion is explaining where we "go" after we die in order to help the grieving living and to coax them into shooting for a goal in life. So here is my question, more for the religious than anyone else: If you know you will go to heaven because the doctrine your foliow says you will (i.e. christians declaring jesus is their lord and savior, or muslims believing in Allah and Muhammed) then why is there any sadness at a wake or a funeral at all? This type of reasoning has been tossed out on these boards before with a lot more sarcasm, but I want to hone in on the sadness emotion that is always prevalent at a funeral when as a christian the only time there should be any sadness is if the dead person is a suicide and is guaranteed to go to hell., right?

As an atheist, I can say that death is a terrible loss because the dead person is gone and never coming back, however for a christian, that person is still alive and well in heaven, happy as a pig in sh.it and yet people are still sad at funerals.

February 22, 2012 at 12:48 pm |
    • JA

Even when im gone for days without my children, I am still sad. I know I will see them again, but just the lack of their presence gives me a bit of grief.

February 22, 2012 at 12:57 pm |
    • Robert Brown

Yeah, just pick the one human you love the best and try to imagine how you would feel knowing that you can't see them or talk to them for the next 20, 30, or 50 years. If that don't make you sad I don't know what would.

February 22, 2012 at 1:12 pm |
    • Chuckles

@JA and Robert

Sure, you miss a person who's not immediately there, but death has a much bigger permanence to it than someone being gone for days, or years. After a person's death they are talked about in the past tense, they are gone and never coming back. JA, you're example doesn't cut it. Being separated from your children might make you miss them, but it's a lot more superficial than after someones death. Robert, do you really think that of the people you know who have passed away are just on the other side of the curtain so to speak and you will see them in X amount of years? Sure, you're promised that you will, but per Pascals Wager, how do you know where the heck they are or even if they are somewhere at all? It's bull to try and compare being a state or two away from someone you love and losing a loved one.

February 22, 2012 at 1:37 pm |
    • J.W

Funerals are a celebration of the person's life in my opinion. I have never cried at a funeral.

February 22, 2012 at 1:40 pm |
    • William Demuth

It's just proof they don't believe what they claim to believe.

They weep for the futility of life!

February 22, 2012 at 2:01 pm |
  6. Prayer is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer takes people away from actually working on real solutions to their problems.
    Prayer prevents you from getting badly needed exercise.
    Prayer makes you fat.
    Prayer wears out your clothes prematurely.
    Prayer contributes to global warming through excess CO2 emissions.
    Prayer fucks up your knees and your neck and your back.
    Prayer can cause heart attacks, especially among the elderly.
    Prayer reveals how stupid you are to the world.
    Prayer exposes your backside to pervert priests.
    Prayer makes you think doilies are exciting.
    Prayer makes you secretively flatulent and embarrassed about it.
    Prayer makes your kids avoid spending time with you.
    Prayer gives you knobbly knees.
    Prayer makes you frothy like Rick Santorum. Just google him to find out.
    Prayer dulls your senses.
    Prayer makes you post really stupid shit.
    Prayer makes you hoard cats.
    Prayer makes you smell like shitty kitty litter and leads you on to harder drugs.
    Prayer wastes time.

February 22, 2012 at 11:26 am |
    • Prayer changes things

Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things
      Need proof? read above

February 22, 2012 at 11:29 am |
    • Prayer is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer prevents you from getting badly needed exercise.
      Prayer makes you fat.
      Prayer wears out your clothes prematurely.
      Prayer contributes to global warming through excess CO2 emissions.
      Prayer fucks up your knees and your neck and your back.
      Prayer reveals how stupid you are to the world.
      Prayer exposes your backside to pervert priests.
      Prayer makes you think doilies are exciting.
      Prayer makes you secretively flatulent and embarrassed about it.
      Prayer makes your kids avoid spending time with you.
      Prayer gives you knobbly knees.
      Prayer makes you frothy like Rick Santorum. Just google him to find out.
      Prayer dulls your senses.
      Prayer makes you post really stupid shit.
      Prayer makes you hoard cats.
      Prayer wastes time.

February 22, 2012 at 11:40 am |
  7. Doc Vestibule

@just sayin'
    You never did provide any of the evidence requested of you yesterday (or any other day for that matter).
    You say that there is more solid evidence for Christ's resurrection than for any other historical event.
    Still waiting to find out why your God's death and resurrection is any more credible than those of Julunggul, Wawalag, Tammuz, Ishtar, Quetzlcoatl, Xipe Totec, Adonis, Baal, Eshmun, Melqart, Zalmoxis, Osiris, Amun, Amun-Min, Adonis, Cronus, Dionysus, Orpheus, Persephone, Kali, Shiva, Chinnamasta, Izanagi, Heitsi-eibib, Kaknu, Gullveig, Odin, Baldr, Attis, Aeneas, Bacchus, Proserpina, Jarilo,Kostroma, Marzanna, Dumuzi, Inanna, Obatala, or Moremi.

February 22, 2012 at 10:17 am |
    • just sayin

All the proofs have been posted multiple times, sorry you missed them all, but as it appears it is none of your business anyway.

February 22, 2012 at 10:47 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

@just sayin
      I've been reading your posts since you first appeared on this site.
      You've never once posted even a tiny shred of evidence.

February 22, 2012 at 10:51 am |
    • William Demuth

Doc

just sayin is indoctrinated with a mental loop.

Ideas like proof don't work in a damaged mind. They believe whatever they were forced to believe.

I assume just sayin had an abusive family that damaged it as a child, and the damage is to great to overcome now.

February 22, 2012 at 11:08 am |
    • lunchbreaker

Claiming that god has predestined all of us contradicts your statement that prayer changes things. If it is already fated to happen nothing can change that, not even prayer.

February 22, 2012 at 11:09 am |
    • lunchbreaker

oops, this was meant for the previous post. Apologies

February 22, 2012 at 11:10 am |
    • just sayin

As you missed the proofs so you missed the question marks in my remark about predestination. Convenient how your types tend to overlook the obvious to facilitate your false accusations isn't it? Note that last was a question as designated by the (?)

February 22, 2012 at 11:14 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

@just sayin
      I think we can safely assume that you are neither a scientist nor a lawyer.
      Generally speaking, if you make a public assertion that demands proof and answer the request for evidence with "none of your business", you're talking straight out of your fundament.

I have a basement full of evidence that the Keebler Elves have been running teh Pentagon for 25 years.
      Proven.

Want to see the evidence for yourself? That's on a need to know basis – and you don't need to know.

February 22, 2012 at 11:20 am |
    • DamianKnight

@Just sayin,

As a Christian, I have never heard of scientific evidence for the resurrection. I've heard plenty of doctors talk about what actually killed Christ (i.e. suffocation from his own body weight), but of the resurrection? I haven't seen that. But I would love to hear any evidence you have to present, however, I wonder how one would prove it.

Biblical accounts state that Jesus just "wasn't there" in the tomb and that the linens that were around the body were just lying there in the tomb. Then he appeared outside and spoke to Mary Magdalene.

February 22, 2012 at 11:37 am |
    • just sayin

Actually I was siding with Captain America a little bit Doc. Here you are A Canadian on an American news site telling us how to run our country or our faith. My employment and my faith and my country really are none of your business are they?

February 22, 2012 at 11:40 am |
    • Bizarre

@just sayin,

We don't see you (or Captain America) objecting to all of the foreign Christians who post on these boards. CNN is an international organization. I've seen Christians on here from Africa, Germany, England, Ireland, Brazil, Chile, and geez, I can't even remember all the rest of them. Most posters don't even identify their nationalities.

You are a joke, pal, but I do hope that you continue here since you are such a great aid to the demise and burial of your myths.

February 22, 2012 at 11:58 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

@just sayin'
      I think it's nice that your multiple personalities talk to each other.

February 22, 2012 at 12:37 pm |
    • captain america

Failing miserably at any justification for his unneeded presence, Doc turns to the attack. Typical foreign atheist crap. There's your sign

February 22, 2012 at 1:36 pm |
    • Nonimus

@captain america,
      Your ultra-pseudo-nationalism makes me question whether you are even American. Where are you really from?

February 22, 2012 at 1:55 pm |
    • captain america

America. There's your sign

February 22, 2012 at 1:59 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

Once again with the Canadian thing! It's difficult for us not to pay attention to what is happening in the USA when it is all over the news every minute of every day and more so when you are our closest neighbor and ally. Of course we care what happens...we have to, it affects us indirectly.
      As Bizarre has stated you don't attack any people from other countries and they are not as close as we are...rather hypocritical on your behalf. To add to the list of other countries, we can include Ghana.
      Sorry just sayin' but this is an international website and we refuse to stop caring. We will not be going away no matter how much hatred you speak towards us. We're not small minded enough to allow you to get to us in that sense (you do the equivalent of bullying...something we teach our children not to do). If you don't like our opinions you are free to find another site yourself...I understand FAUX news is looking for viewers. BTW: you still have failed to provide that evidence and you have yet to give me a site to pass on to my daughter to research christianity for her World Religions course (if anyone else can help, it would be appreciated).

February 22, 2012 at 2:33 pm |
    • Prayer for the country

God keep our land glorious and free
      Prayer borrowed from the Canadian national anthem

February 22, 2012 at 4:15 pm |
  8. Romans 8

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

February 22, 2012 at 9:25 am |
    • William Demuth

Is there a point to this post or are you just a raving lunatic?

February 22, 2012 at 10:18 am |
    • just sayin

There are those predestined to be God's children, accepted and loved by God through Jesus Christ. Are there those predestined to be lost, useless to God and themselves and everyone else? Someone like William Demouth?

February 22, 2012 at 10:52 am |
    • William Demuth

So your beloved God predestines some of his children to an eternity of agony?

F@@k him then, he is an arogant child.

February 22, 2012 at 11:05 am |
    • Brad

Double predestination is what you are referring to William. Calvinists teach it. To many Christians it is a disturbing take on predestination.

February 22, 2012 at 11:29 am |
    • just sayin

The question remains are there those predestined to be lost? And it is a question not a statement of fact.

February 22, 2012 at 11:43 am |
    • lunchbreaker

Quote from just sayin: "There are those predestined to be God's children, accepted and loved by God through Jesus Christ." While the second part of the post was a question, it does not negate the period at the end of the first statement. If you meant to question "There are those predestined to be God's children, accepted and loved by God through Jesus Christ.", then I miss understood and apologize. Was that your intent?

February 22, 2012 at 11:49 am |
    • just sayin

Romans 8 already posted the substance that I referred to in the first sentence. The questions remains is the inverse true ? Sorry if that has proved difficult for you.

February 22, 2012 at 12:03 pm |
    • Brad

just sayin-

Those claiming that there is predestination toward damnation would have a problem with the following verse (and others):
      "This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth."

February 22, 2012 at 12:14 pm |
    • lunchbreaker

Being that God in his omnipotence can save whomever He chooses, your really looking at the difference between pushing somebody in to a lake (of fire as it were) and drowning them or coming upon someone drowning and while you can, you choose not to save them. Is one option more comforting than the other?

February 22, 2012 at 12:22 pm |
  9. another repentant sinner

Prayer changed my life.

February 22, 2012 at 8:36 am |
    • I'm The Best!

Did prayer change your life, or did you change your life and just got the peace of mind to do so by praying. Because you can get that same peace of mind through meditation.

It wasn't the prayer that changed your life, it was just you working up the motivation to do something

February 22, 2012 at 8:41 am |
    • another repentant sinner

it was prayer that changed my life plain and simple that is my story and i am sticking to it.

February 22, 2012 at 9:02 am |
    • William Demuth

Well apparently not enough.

You are still annoying and indoctrinated.

February 22, 2012 at 10:18 am |
    • another repentant sinner

God changed my life through prayer. End of story.

February 22, 2012 at 10:53 am |
    • William Demuth

another repentant sinner

Stories of the dead are written by the living, and we shall still be here to point you out as a fool.

February 22, 2012 at 11:06 am |
    • Prayer is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer prevents you from getting badly needed exercise.
      Prayer makes you fat.
      Prayer wears out your clothes prematurely.
      Prayer contributes to global warming through excess CO2 emissions.
      Prayer fucks up your knees and your neck and your back.
      Prayer can cause heart attacks, especially among the elderly.
      Prayer reveals how stupid you are to the world.
      Prayer exposes your backside to pervert priests.
      Prayer makes you think doilies are exciting.
      Prayer makes you secretively flatulent and embarrassed about it.
      Prayer makes your kids avoid spending time with you.
      Prayer makes you frothy like Rick Santorum. Just google him to find out.
      Prayer dulls your senses.
      Prayer makes you post really stupid shit.
      Prayer makes you hoard cats.
      Prayer wastes time.

February 22, 2012 at 11:41 am |
  10. Ni

OK guys, check this out... just sayin and the not healthy troll up there are the same person. They post the same thing in every thread, always backing each other up. I think he/she/it (here on I will just refer to them as "it") has some sort of mental issue (probably the whole religion thing). It's best if it is just ignored. It has offered nothing to each of the discussions I have seen it post in, and has NEVER answered the question asked every time, "How has it been proven" nor addressed the statement, "It has actually been proven to not work". Just trying to help :]

February 22, 2012 at 8:22 am |
    • I'm The Best!

I think that's pretty obvious to anyone who comes to this blog at least fairly regularly. I'm arguing for the sake of some poor sap that might actually believe them. We don't need any more idio.ts running around

February 22, 2012 at 8:27 am |
  11. Alien Orifice

Now THIS is what I'm talkin' about. I loves me some Obama and I love America. GOP, go count your money, the rest of us want to pursue life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Obama 2012
    [youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhO1DnNKYbo&w=640&h=360]

February 22, 2012 at 7:39 am |
  12. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things

February 22, 2012 at 7:23 am |
    • Alien Orifice

Proven (no need to thank me)

February 22, 2012 at 7:40 am |
    • I'm The Best!

I've asked this before and never gotten a real answer, but, how is this proven? There is no proof anywhere that shows it does anything different than meditation. If you have this proof, please share with the rest of us.

February 22, 2012 at 8:00 am |
    • just sayin

To those that know, they know to those that din't know they question or insult. Proofs have been given and accepted, sorry you missed out.

February 22, 2012 at 8:03 am |
    • Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things
      Proven

February 22, 2012 at 8:03 am |
    • Alien Orifice

Hey prayer person! I am the one who says proven now, not you. Back off!

February 22, 2012 at 8:09 am |
    • just sayin

If it is proven by one it is proven by all and must be declared by all. Truth is the goal not personal recognition.

February 22, 2012 at 8:12 am |
    • I'm The Best!

@ just sayin
      You keep saying that proof has been given but obviously it hasn't. All I'm asking for is one proof that would make it proven. I have been asking for this single proof for the past few weeks but no one has given one, all you say is that they have been given and yet you can't seem to reproduce Amy of them.

Stop lying to the people on this blog and saying that its proven when it obviously hasn't been. All we ask for is one single bit of scientific evidence to show it.

February 22, 2012 at 8:13 am |
    • Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things
      Proven
      Powerful

February 22, 2012 at 8:14 am |
    • I'm The Best!

And now you've run off after being asked for proof. How very childish of you. Just like a theist to run from a rational argument. This is why we atheists get mad at you theists all the time, you act like children and we posed with a real question, you usually run off.

February 22, 2012 at 8:32 am |
    • just sayin

Prayer changes things proven, accepted a wonderful Truth !

February 22, 2012 at 8:35 am |
    • another repentant sinner

Me. Prayer changes my life !

February 22, 2012 at 8:36 am |
    • Primewonk

Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam!
      Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
      Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam.
      Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!
      Spam spam spam spam!

February 22, 2012 at 8:37 am |
    • just sayin

Truth Wonderful Truth

February 22, 2012 at 8:40 am |
    • I'm The Best!

@ repentant sinner
      It wasn't prayer that changed your life, it was you.

Also, that isn't proof. I'm looking for scientific proof that prayer does anything different than meditating. Which it doesn't

February 22, 2012 at 8:46 am |
    • another repentant sinner

prayer does but you don't know that? sorry for you

February 22, 2012 at 9:03 am |
    • lunchbreaker

Prayer is only as good as it's relation to your god's plan. No matter what you pray for, it will not happen unless it is already in your god's plan. If you believe your god omnipotent, no force can change his plan. So prayer dos NOT change things. It may simply correlate to your god's plan, but correlation does not equal causation.

February 22, 2012 at 11:06 am |
    • another repentant sinner

It is obvious that you do not know God

February 22, 2012 at 11:16 am |
    • Whatever I Want

This is ridiculous. A bunch on religiously indoctrinated people claiming a proof that they do not have (at least not in any scientific sense of the word proof). Just admit it – there is no proof, you never posted proof, and you cannot repost proof due to the lack of the such. There is nothing wrong with not having proof for a spiritual belief. However, ignorantly stating that you have proof repeatedly gets the discussion nowhere. It also looks kind of sad.

February 22, 2012 at 1:47 pm |
    • just sayin

Prayer has been proven for some time now, sorry if you missed it all. Run with the big dogs or stay on the porch.

February 22, 2012 at 2:01 pm |
    • lunchbreaker

Once upon a time a guy prayed every night to win the lottery. Every night for 20 years he said the same prayer. Finally after so long God appeared before the man and said, "At least buy a Lottery ticket."

February 22, 2012 at 2:07 pm |
    • Amused

Prayer to your imaginary god changes imaginary things to help your imaginery problems...

February 22, 2012 at 2:31 pm |
    • Whatever I Want

Once upon a time people were happy enough with their religious faith and did not have to boast about proof.....
      I would go so far as to say that their argument was far stronger then.

February 22, 2012 at 3:13 pm |
    • Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things
      A good man prays
      A great man acts on Prayer
      Prayer really changes things