home
RSS
April 10th, 2012

Belief Blog's Morning Speed Read for Tuesday, April 10

By Laura Koran, CNN

Here's the Belief Blog’s morning rundown of the top faith-angle stories from around the United States and around the world. Click the headlines for the full stories.

From the Blog:

One unnamed male student in the BYU video says he had thoughts of suicide.

CNN: BYU student video on homosexuality is not in violation of honor code, says administrator
The students featured in a video about being gay at Brigham Young University are not in obvious violation of the honor code, according to Carri Jenkins, an assistant to the president of BYU. Jenkins went on to say that for the video alone, the students would not be punished. The honor code, Jenkins said, is “based on conduct, not on feeling, and if same-gender attraction is only stated, that is not an honor code issue.”

CNN: Celebrating Easter in a temple
Grace Episcopal Church in Charleston, South Carolina had its Easter service in a local Jewish temple because of an earthquake centered in Virginia. CNN affiliate WCSC reports that the earthquake last August weakened the mortar between the bricks in the church that dates back to 1886.

CNN: Pope calls for end to Syria bloodshed in Easter message
Pope Benedict XVI on Sunday called for an end to violence in Syria, as well as a renewed peace effort in the Middle East, in his annual Easter Mass message from the Vatican as Christians worldwide marked the holiday.

Belief on TV:

Tweet of the Day:

From @ReligionNewsNow: Will #evangelicals rally to Mitt #Romney? RNS asks the experts and insiders http://ow.ly/aarXf

Enlightening Reads:

Catholic News Agency: Live your faith in the marketplace, cardinal tells business leaders
Christians should integrate their faith with their work in the private sector, the head of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace for told business leaders as he launched a new teaching document.

The Washington Post: ‘Dr. Schnoz’ drops plans for another video poking fun at Jewish noses
The Jewish doctor from Miami who was scolded by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons for producing a music video that mocked Jewish noses has canceled a contest for another music video based on the same theme.

The Huffington Post: Gamal Abdou Massoud, Egyptian Christian Teen, Sentenced To Three Years For Insulting Islam; House Firebombed By Angered Muslims
A juvenile court in Egypt has sentenced a Coptic Christian teenager to three years in prison for allegedly insulting Islam on his Facebook page, according to Reuters Africa. This is the maximum penalty for the offense under Egyptian law.

Quote of the Day:

I certainly believe in the separation of church and state. I do not believe in the separation of faith and politics, and the reason why is that faith is simply a world view. Everybody has a world view. So we’re saying that only those with religious world views aren’t welcome at the table?

Pastor Rick Warren tells Jake Tapper on ABC’s This Week

Join the conversation…

Some Jewish leaders are encouraging Jews to see Jesus as one of their own.

CNN: Jews reclaim Jesus as one of their own
In the past year, a spate of Jewish authors, from the popular to the rabbinic to the scholarly, have wrestled with what Jews should think about Jesus. And overwhelmingly, they are coming up with positive answers, urging their fellow Jews to learn about Jesus, understand him and claim him as one of their own.

- CNN's Laura Koran

Filed under: Uncategorized

1. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things,

April 13, 2012 at 7:01 am |
    • Jesus

The statistical studies from the nineteenth century and the three CCU studies on prayer are quite consistent with the fact that humanity is wasting a huge amount of time on a procedure that simply doesn’t work. Nonetheless, faith in prayer is so pervasive and deeply rooted, you can be sure believers will continue to devise future studies in a desperate effort to confirm their beliefs! –

April 13, 2012 at 10:34 am |
    • Robert Brown

Trolling, it is a kind of power rush or ego trip to be a troll. Being online is a place that is largely free of perceived consequences... an insecure person can get a sense of power online, without ever having to face someone directly. With the Internet being a world of imagination and fantasy for some, cowardly users can forge an alter ego for themselves, and act out their feelings of anger and inadequacy. It's sad and unfortunate that our advanced communications also brings out the darker side of many people.

April 13, 2012 at 11:09 am |
    • FreedomFromReligion

You mean the prayers to an imaginary friend called jesus? And his sky daddy? Prayer is nothing more than delusional conversation to imaginary friends. Do they talk back to you? If they do, you are more delusional than I thought.
      Religion is fake, get over it already.

April 13, 2012 at 11:28 am |
  2. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things !

April 10, 2012 at 10:03 pm |
    • Jesus

Prayer doesn’t not change anything; you are so full of crap and lies. You have NO proof it changes anything! A great example of prayer proven not to work is the Christians in jail because prayer didn't work and their children died. For example: Susan Grady, who relied on prayer to heal her son. Nine-year-old Aaron Grady died and Susan Grady was arrested.

The statistical studies from the nineteenth century and the three CCU studies on prayer are quite consistent with the fact that humanity is wasting a huge amount of time on a procedure that simply doesn’t work. Nonetheless, faith in prayer is so pervasive and deeply rooted, you can be sure believers will continue to devise future studies in a desperate effort to confirm their beliefs! ~,~ , 😛

April 11, 2012 at 10:40 am |
    • FreedomFromReligion

Your prayers are jokes, and you are quite delusional if you believe in imaginary friends.

April 13, 2012 at 11:31 am |
  3. William Demuth

Bo

That type of thought terrifies me.

At some point a "theory" is DISPROVEN and thrown away.

Just because you want to believe in Santa Claus does not mean my child should believe flying reindeers are as legitimate as physics!

I agree evolution is new enought to still be considered theory, but creationisim is not science, it is bul((it!

April 10, 2012 at 3:05 pm |
    • Bo

Will, I don’t know what is so terrifying?

As you said: “At some point a "theory" is DISPROVEN and thrown away.” I’m not sure just what you mean by that, but many theories have been disproven and unless something is “proven”, new theories take their place. When a theory is proven to be true it is then no longer a theory, but a fact . There are no evolutionary facts, and likewise, creation is not a fact.

Both evolution and creation are based on beliefs of evidence. Evidence is not “fact"

Perhaps it is the word “science” that bothers you. I know that there are many who do not think that “religion” and and “science” can live together, but just the definition of science does not give that credence. Science is: the pursuit of knowledge and understanding of the natural and social world following a systematic methodology based on evidence. That does not rule out that believers in God can not be scientists.

A theory is: an unproven hypothesis of how things work or came into being, in that frame of definition; creationism is a theory.

April 10, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
    • Answer

@Bo

–quote
      –end

Are you a retard? Yes.

I guess you like to confuse yourself and let others think that you are of sound mind, but you are not. Take a hard look at your own stupidity and define out the word theory in scientific terms! You're using a scientific remark to try to validate your faith. You are an idiot.

April 10, 2012 at 5:33 pm |
    • Answer

In all area of science we endeavor to provide the physical recordings and foundations to understand the natural world. By applying the full five senses and various other tools to relate our understanding of the natural world. Be it by using our eyes or by crafting telescopes. Be it through the ingenious or mundane methods, we record our findings to help us understand and then we TEST a theory out and see how sound it STANDS.

Those two words are the core of science. TEST and STAND.

Your stupid creationist crap is just faith. Understand that you have no evidence. No recorded data. That foolish book of bs is just fairy tales. Absurd doesn't even describe your side of things.

April 10, 2012 at 5:39 pm |
    • Bo

@ Answer: When someone resorts to name calling, it leaves me to think they really have no definitive answer so they go on the aggressive in effort to put the other person on the defensive, I will not give you that pleasure.
      And by the way, I got my definitions from other sources. It surprised me that a committee had to work on the definition of “science” for a whole year to come up with something that suited their cause and it it didn't vary far from the original.
      Another good word for theory, if you want to give the whole definition for theory, expands beyond what you call scientific: speculation, or preponderance of evidence.
      Just look at how evolution science formulates an idea of how life began:
      Certain elements of matter came together to form a single cell. Have you ever considered how many different specialized parts there are in a single cell? Although not many, it still took a lot of chance meeting before life was possible. Just the membrane that encapsulates them is very amazing, and it all happened by chance. None-the-less, after this amazing chance formulation these specialized parts have come together something is needed to give it a spark of life and evolution scientists can only speculate what caused that to happen, but one thing is certain, it hasn't been replicated in test tubes. Then, after it begins to reproduce it's self, somehow this mindless being is motivated to generate new specialized parts [cells]. After millions of years you get a winged dinosaur. That takes faith!
      Now who is believing in “flying” reindeer?

April 10, 2012 at 7:04 pm |
    • sam

"When someone resorts to name calling, it leaves me to think they really have no definitive answer so they go on the aggressive in effort to put the other person on the defensive.."

Oh, so calling Levi blind and intolerant earlier was ok, though. Bleh, go away.

April 10, 2012 at 7:16 pm |
    • EvolvedDNA

Bo..an Hypothesis is an idea that has no evidence to back it. .in Science a Theory has basis in fact and evidence to support it.it can be verified. like evolution, gravity etc.. creationism has nothing at all and has never been verified and cannot make any prediction, it is not a theory any more than say which type of wood makes a better magic wand.

April 10, 2012 at 8:44 pm |
  4. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

I stole this name. I am an athiest. I think prayer is pointless. This post is a test to see if "Jesus" is a bot.

April 10, 2012 at 2:32 pm |
    • just sayin

It is hard to believe that there is a person on the face of the earth so bad off as to steal a name on an anonymous blog. It is equally hard to believe that there is an actual person behind the fake Jesus posts. God bless

April 11, 2012 at 1:36 pm |
  5. captain sayin is not healthy for Christianity and other thiests

So about my name, I have obviously called out "captain america" who spends his days insulting people based solely on thier nationality. Not very Christ like.
    I called out "just sayin". I asked about profanity. Yesterday "just sayin" told some one to "go screw themselves" they also called some one an @-hole, unscensored. Also not very Christ like.
    And "Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things" offers no actual reasoning for the statement therefore is nothing more than an insult. The message "prayer changes things" is a great message, but when wrapped in a blatant insult it is made useless.
    Needles to say, none of these 3 individuals are not doing God's work. They drive people away from Christ instead of lead them to salvation.

April 10, 2012 at 2:18 pm |
    • William Demuth

Perhaps they work for the other side?

It has been said that the devil has the power to assume an evangelical face!

April 10, 2012 at 2:26 pm |
    • doofus

Who appointed you to judge anything? Right now you appear as a self righteous doofus !

April 10, 2012 at 4:28 pm |
    • doofus

loose air atheist pretending it cares.

April 11, 2012 at 8:04 am |
  6. Levi Called Biff (Jesus's best friend)

Real question for all you believers out there.

How can someone politely disagree with you without being basically tarred and feathered?

Context: Last night I was shooting the breeze with my roommates when one of them brought up religion and how it was a "good thing to grow up with religion because it gives children something to believe in", when I countered that there are many different things children can believe in growing up without having to resort to something like religion, I basically had to sit there for 10 minutes about how atheism ruins lives because it makes everyone apathetic and despondent.

Now, this roommate is a good friend of mine and has been for many years, I find him reasonable on most things and we generally sidestep the religion issues because religion is such a divisive issue, regardless of what faith (or lack thereof) one holds. Is it really fair for any religious person, no matter how sane and reasonable they seem to be, to preach love and tolerance when they also still hold an incredible intolerance towards atheism?

April 10, 2012 at 1:43 pm |
    • WIlliam Demuth

You need wackos as freinds?

Take pics of him getting busy with a priest, post them on the net, and see of you can get him to jump off a bridge.

It's worked in the past!

April 10, 2012 at 1:49 pm |
    • Levi Called Biff (Jesus's best friend)

Fair enough, though I'm a wacko myself, so I would rather keep him alive, even if his has an illicit relationship with a priest on the side.

The real problem that's been perpetuated from my point of view is of the "Angry Atheist". an unfortunately since believers are more numerous, it's able to stick. The funny part is, I grew up with jewish a jewish heritage and before making the leap to atheism, I would be able to trade jabs with this guy on religion from a jewish perspective and he was perfectly fine with it. I could tell him in a very rude way that everything he believes is wrong and jesus was a myth and he'd laugh and tell me to go paint my door with some lambs blood. But when I make the switch to atheism and politely disagree, I get the third degree on everything I "believe", as if he already knows whats better.

April 10, 2012 at 1:54 pm |
    • WIlliam Demuth

Levi

Thats because you are refuting the core lie, rather than bickering about details. That is THREATENING to the indoctrinated

I had a similar experince, and actually made up a religion on demand.

I spouted malarky at the yahoo for six months, and he bought it.

Use Festivus like Seinfeld did, and make it as absurd as possible. They will swallow it up

Then later on, you point out he was an idiot who was conned by YOU, just like he was conned by Christ.

April 10, 2012 at 2:00 pm |
    • Levi Called Biff (Jesus's best friend)

I sort of did that, but instead of making one up I used Judaism as the example and it almost offended him more that I talked sh.it about judaism more than christianity, it was sort of bizarre. He might be on his period.

April 10, 2012 at 2:26 pm |

Get him drunk.

Then grill him.

You will probably fing he was abused by wacko parents or deviant preachers

Then you will understand

April 10, 2012 at 2:27 pm |
    • Levi Called Biff (Jesus's best friend)

If only,

I've known him for long enough and met his parents to know he had a pretty solid childhood and not many skeletons in his closet, really it was just a reaction to a perceived threat on his faith, because questions always will threaten faith.

April 10, 2012 at 2:34 pm |
    • Bo

How blind you are! To think that someone is intolerant toward atheists, when you can not see how intolerant you are toward religion? I find the atheists on this forum very intolerant toward religion. So often I read: “Don’t “shove” religion down my throat, yet atheist do exactly that and excuse it by naming it “reasonable” or “rational” thinking. (I do agree that there are religious “nuts” on this forum that are intolerant toward atheist. I do not support them.)
      One thing in particular that bothers me is the theory of evolution that is taught as “fact” in public education systems. I do not mind that evolution be taught as a “theory”, but I do object that it is taught as “fact”; that is “shoving” a belief down the throats of children. That is just one reason parents prefer to send their children to privet religious schools.
      Should I have the money, and a child in the public education system, I belive I could take the issue to court and win that educators must always preface any remark that deals with the theory of evolution with statements such as: “it is thought” or “there is reason to believe” or some or qualifying statement indicating that it is just a theory, not fact.
      All to often the court cases are fought on the basis of creation vs. evolution. That is a losing argument because technically, creation is a theory also, and, by the way, I wouldn’t want creation taught in the public education system either, because there are too many different points of view.
      Just don’t “shove” theory as “fact” down my child’s throat!

April 10, 2012 at 2:58 pm |
    • sam

Bo, please tell us you don't really have kids.

April 10, 2012 at 3:10 pm |
    • Levi Called Biff (Jesus's best friend)

Bo

Thanks for proving my point. When I ask an legit and polite question, you pounce back calling me blind and intolerant. You also don't know my personal beliefs on the subject of evolution, but I think you'll probably find from a lot of atheists that you should learn what scientific theory is and that at this point it is proven fact. Sorry if you feel that's "shoving it down your throat", but it's taught the same way mathematics is taught. If you don't like that 2+2 = 4 does that mean the entire school curriculum should suffer? If anything, you should do your own due diligence to talk to your child about evolution and its impact on your religious views and allow your kid to come up with his/her own opinions.

April 10, 2012 at 3:48 pm |
    • EvolvedDNA

Bo i know you really ,really ,really want creation to be real, but it simply is not. Evolution is real, it is a theory and scientists can test it and make a prediction based on it. You have hard time understanding what a Theory is..it is not a guess, or hope it is testable. ID is an idea, an hypothesis that cannot be verified, it cannot make predictions. If evolution has the flaws you appear to claim, maybe one of those kids educated in the scientific method may find one and actually prove it? Know dont get mixed up with evolution and Biogenesis..which is still open to debate.

April 10, 2012 at 8:59 pm |
  7. J.W

We have not done the daily question thing for a while. We should do that again, now that they are doing the daily speed read thing again. Here is one: What is our purpose for living on this earth?

April 10, 2012 at 12:12 pm |
    • J.W

Fine no one answer me.

April 10, 2012 at 12:26 pm |
    • William Demuth

To drive our enemies before us, and to hear the lamentations of their women

April 10, 2012 at 12:46 pm |
    • J.W

That sounds violent.

April 10, 2012 at 12:51 pm |
    • Robert Brown

To discover our true calling.

April 10, 2012 at 12:52 pm |

JW

I guess you never heard of Conan?

April 10, 2012 at 12:54 pm |
    • J.W

Some say we are here simply to procreate like any other animal. Some say we are here to glorify God. I think we are here just to make the world a better place any way that we can. We are here to take care of the earth and our fellow human beings. You can glorify God by doing that, and perhaps meet someone to procreate with.

April 10, 2012 at 12:59 pm |
    • J.W

Conan O'brian? Or Conan the Barbarian?

April 10, 2012 at 12:59 pm |

J.W

I prefer the Barbarian.

It is his "motto" not mine

April 10, 2012 at 1:02 pm |
    • fred

J.W
      Without God or the illusion of God there is no purpose. If we are organic matter responding to chemical reactions and die like apes and rats our purpose is no greater than a rat. The question then is what is the purpose of a rat? With the exception of a short term disruption in the food supply for some species the rat has no purpose. The life of a rat has the exact same meaningfulness as you or I do. We like to think our lives have greater meaning and purpose but once we teach our little rug rats how to make their way in the world our purpose is complete. In this regard our only purpose is to perpetuate the rat.

April 10, 2012 at 1:06 pm |
    • William Demuth

Besides my freind, we both know deep inside (as all intelligent creatures do) that it, and we, serve no purpose.

Alas for some this just terrifies them beyond words.

That is where religion comes in.

For some it takes the fear away. Sadly, it cannot take the reality away.

You live, you die, you rot, and you are forgotten.

April 10, 2012 at 1:08 pm |
    • fred

William
      If it turns out we die like rats what's the big deal? If there is anything other than that awaiting you should be shaking in your boots. If there is no God and we don't die like rats look out.

April 10, 2012 at 1:21 pm |
    • J.W

I kind of wish that we could be reincarnated, as in Hinduism. We die, then are reborn and can go back and pick up where we left off. I will have to ask God when I go to heaven if he will let me come back.

April 10, 2012 at 1:26 pm |

fred

Not withstanding your inability to grasp the obvious, I shall clarify

If a creator did exist, nature teaches us it would be female.

If that is true, rest assured she would prefer me to you, regardless of how many animals you sacrifice.

April 10, 2012 at 1:30 pm |
    • fred

J.W
      God does not leave that option open. Heck God will not even let me go back to high school with everything I know today. I would do things very different............i think

April 10, 2012 at 1:33 pm |

JW

Your thoughts are sinful in the eyes of your faith.

Then again, creative thought always is!

I can actually SENSE you having so much doubt it is pallpable!

Save yourself. Perhaps we should pour sand on your forehead and declare you unbaptized?

April 10, 2012 at 1:33 pm |
    • J.W

I am not sure that we necessarily have no purpose. Sometimes one man can change the course of history. As far as our purpose without God, I do want to be a good person to she that people who believe in God are good people, but I can be a good person just because that is what I am as well. I do not know what my life would be like without God though. I did live without God for a while, but that was kind of a low point in my life.

April 10, 2012 at 1:35 pm |
    • J.W

I believe that there is a God. My doubt lies more in what part of religion is true and what isn't. I practice Christianity, but can everything that everybody else believes be false? It is like I want it all to fit together somehow, and for all of us to be the same religion. It seems to me it cannot be as simple as there is a god or is not a god.

April 10, 2012 at 1:39 pm |

J.W

History? Change?

Existence is irrelevant and everything you can concieve of shall one day cease to exist.

We have no destination, just the journey. Be it long or short, profound or shallow.

I suggest you enjoy it in whatever way suits you, while you still can

April 10, 2012 at 1:41 pm |
    • William Demuth

JW said "I did live without God for a while, but that was kind of a low point in my life."

My freind the power you found to "turn it around" lied not in your stars, but in yourself.

As for me, I have seen both highs and lows, with no God required!

April 10, 2012 at 1:43 pm |
    • fred

William
      That's where all the confusion started, people making gods out to suit their purpose rather than accept God as revealed. But, you are correct in one regard I have a hard time working for female bosses. Perhaps if you would loan me your leather vest I could wear it without a shirt and perhaps get a better result.
      Men on the other hand tell me exactly where I can get off or how I lost an account. When I guy calls me a F'n idiot I have some choices, when a woman calls me a F'n idiot I have no choice but to button up your leather vest and hit the road.

April 10, 2012 at 1:45 pm |
    • J.W

oh fred must be part of the duo Right Said Fred.

April 10, 2012 at 1:50 pm |
    • WIlliam Demuth

fred

You SELL stuff?

Wow. I have a brief moment of compassion!

April 10, 2012 at 1:52 pm |
    • J.W

Maybe I should try to not be buried in a coffin. That way when I rot I will become one with the earth. Then the material in the ground where I am will be used to form life again, and I will be reincarnated.

April 10, 2012 at 1:54 pm |
    • lunchbreaker

If we use the fefinition of PURPOSE according to Webster's:

1a : something set up as an object or end to be attained : intention b : resolution, determination

Since, the definition of the word itself indicates it is "set up", then either God set it up for us, or we set it up ourselves. Or as fred put it, natural processes set up what we perceive as our free will to set up our own purpose. I would lean towards one of the latter 2.

April 10, 2012 at 1:57 pm |
    • J.W

I do not know though William. It may be a coincidence that the time in my life when I denied God just happened to be the time where everything went wrong. I was not necessarily an atheist at the time, probably more of a deist. I just thought if God is there somewhere he does not care about me anyways, so I do not care about Him. I was on the verge of being an atheist. Perhaps if things played out differently I may be an atheist now. Many of my views seem to go against my faith, as far as common beliefs, but I believe in God and believe in Jesus, so I think I still fit the definition of a Christians

April 10, 2012 at 1:59 pm |
    • WIlliam Demuth

J.W

Mental sobriety does not come all at once. The doubts you feel are your intellect refuting dogma.

If you can escape the dogma, you shall one day be free.

Use your own intellect to determine right from wrong, and beware the old men who live off the believers like a fungus.

The more they plant themselves into your brain, the harder it shall be to cut them out when the time comes.

April 10, 2012 at 2:04 pm |
    • Doc Vestibule

The purpose of life on earth is to serve the every command of ______ (insert deity here)

April 10, 2012 at 2:06 pm |
    • fred

J.W
      It is as simple as there is a God or there is not. Those who doubt for extended periods of time are worse off than William who believes there is no God. Doubt will keep you from any steady path in life right or wrong.
      God is bigger than most people give credit for. If God opened the truth of the Bible up to you it was for your benefit. God will tell you exactly what it is you need to do and where you were gifted. Like anything else in life, what you put into it is what you get out of it. If God is 10% of your life then 90% is spent on something more important than God. This is your choice and rewards in life will follow that choice. Jesus said we are to die to self and live as Christ. How many really do that? Right off the bat the majority of Christians already established their own religion and follows their own way.

April 10, 2012 at 2:06 pm |
    • fred

Doc
      If there is no God you are still not your own commander. I fill in your blank with Christ and you fill in the blank with what?

April 10, 2012 at 2:13 pm |
    • J.W

The Mennonite faith really does not have a lot of dogma. That is one of the things I like about it. Mennonites tend to explore the Bible and religion in general moreso that other denominations. Most of the people I go to church with would probably even say that some parts of the Bible may be wrong. I feel the most important thing is to be open-minded, because any of us could be wrong.

April 10, 2012 at 2:14 pm |

JW

Religion IS dogma in its entirety.

Mennonites have better coordinated dogma, yet dogma non the less

April 10, 2012 at 2:29 pm |
    • fred

J. W the oldest extant fragment we have of the New Testament dated from 100-150 AD says:
      a King I am. For this I have been born
      and (for this) I have come into the world so that I would
      testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth
      hears of me my voice." Said to him
      Pilate, "What is truth?" and this
      having said, again he went out unto the Jews
      and said to them, "I find not one fault in him."

I find it facinating that the one scrap of papyrus we find says all you need to know "everyone who is of the truth hears my voice". So relay and enjoy the comfort of Christ. Do not worry about all the other religions and nonsense because the word everyone is just that everyone.

@William, it is ok to hear some voices in your head

April 10, 2012 at 2:39 pm |

Fred

Most doctors agree it is fine to speak to God.

They also agree that if God is speaking back, you need some help.

I understand you may be jesting, but if you actually believe God interacts with you directly, then please seek some help.

April 10, 2012 at 4:28 pm |
    • EvolvedDNA

JW ..not enough air in space?

April 10, 2012 at 9:01 pm |
    • fred

Evolved
      To err is human..................................there is no air in space. Lots of room for God however.

April 10, 2012 at 9:19 pm |
  8. William Demuth

I always find the angry theist stereotype is reinforced by this blog.

The facade of the Benevolence of Christianity crumbles to the digital ground right here in black and white.

You see Christians, being parasites are ALWAYS looking for someone to infect,

Like Romeroesque zombies, they have an insatiable hunger for brains.

They may seem both physically and mentally slow, but if you fall, they will devour you in an frenzy of violence.

Just shoot the damn zombie and lets move on!

April 10, 2012 at 10:10 am |
    • VanHagar

William, I can't help but note that you are leaving much more ominous postings that usual. In particular, suggesting that we be shot...interesting suggestion from someone claiming Christians are angry people. Why don't you have some ice cream and calm down, it is still too early in the day to be calling for genocide.

April 10, 2012 at 11:26 am |
    • Seriously?

I always find the angry atheist stereotype is reinforced by William's posts.

William Demuth – The clueless hypocrit.

April 10, 2012 at 12:47 pm |
    • William Demuth

I shall stop believing the death of Christians is a reasonable solution, when they stop believing my eternal damnation in hell is one.

Seem reasonable?

April 10, 2012 at 12:47 pm |
    • Seriously?

@William

No, not really. Persecution complex much?

April 10, 2012 at 12:55 pm |

So sad.

The Christian defect also seems to incorporate a lack of humour.

Ironic that such a laughable faith be taken so seriously.

April 10, 2012 at 12:58 pm |
    • Chance

@WD No Christian would condemn you to hell its not our job; God doesn't need help passing judgment, who's to say he doesn't get where your coming from. Christians should only help those who want help. There is to many people looking for help because they find that money, friends or whatever isn't enough and we should help them not people who are locked in their belief there is no God. I agree with anyone who doesn't believe in God to give them space; I have plenty of friends who don't believe in God. The problem i have is when people say Christianity is shoved in their face on a consistent basis; I don't know where people with this complaint hang out at but if you watch TV what ever program there is always has secularism, rarely are Christian values pushed in modern programing. I'm not complaining that we need more Christianity but to say there is to much is not correct.

April 10, 2012 at 5:00 pm |
  9. captain sayin is not healthy for Christianity and other thiests

Insulting athiests turns them to Christ
    Insulting Canadians turns them to Christ
    Using profanity turns people to Christ
    posting the same crap on every comments section turns people to Christ
    Doing all of the above makes you a good Christian
    Thinking about the above statements is inmpossible for me, because realizing I am a poor excuse of a Christian will damage the way I see myself.

April 10, 2012 at 9:02 am |
    • Prayer changes things

Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things. Need proof? It is posted above by captain sayin etc.
      A man learns from Truth
      An idiot posts what is written above
      If you find Truth insulting you may want to examine where you are at

April 10, 2012 at 9:07 am |

Maybe he IS Christ?

Nothing tics off a savior more than people who aren't interested in his type of salvation!

So be cautious, and don't anger the crazed Palestinian demi-god, or he may mess up the whole planet!

What's that you say? He already has?

April 10, 2012 at 9:08 am |
    • captain sayin is not healthy for Christianity and other thiests

If you find this post insulting you may want to evaluate whether or not you are a good Christian. This post does not apply to true believers who behave like true Christians.

April 10, 2012 at 9:28 am |
    • Prayer changes things

I find your post revealing. It reveals your fear and avoidance of Truth.

April 10, 2012 at 9:32 am |
    • captain sayin is not healthy for Christianity and other thiests

So you agree that insults and profanity are good ways to convert people to Christianity?

April 10, 2012 at 9:49 am |
    • Prayer changes things

Why do you choose to put your words in someone else mouth? If you find Truth insulting you best look at your own life before making judgement on others.

April 10, 2012 at 9:55 am |
    • captain sayin is not healthy for Christianity and other thiests

It was a question, not a statement. Speaking of avoidance of the truth, do you dare actually answer the question?

Are insults and profanity a good way to convert people to Christ? Are using insults and profanity things good Christians do?

April 10, 2012 at 10:23 am |
    • Jesus

"Prayer changes things"

The statistical studies from the nineteenth century and the three CCU studies on prayer are quite consistent with the fact that humanity is wasting a huge amount of time on a procedure that simply doesn’t work. Nonetheless, faith in prayer is so pervasive and deeply rooted, you can be sure believers will continue to devise future studies in a desperate effort to confirm their beliefs! ~,~ ;-P

April 10, 2012 at 11:12 am |
    • OhPlease

"If you find Truth insulting you may want to examine where you are at"

Yeah, when the truth came out that the bible wasn't a historical book the Christians found it insulting. The truth came out that being gay is natural, not a choice or mental illness and can't be voluntarily changed Christians found it insulting. So now take the what your preaching and apply it to yourself. LOL!

April 10, 2012 at 11:15 am |
    • pervert alert

April 10, 2012 at 12:48 pm |
    • Prayer changes things

Hiding your fears and prejudice behind a question mark fools no one but you.

April 10, 2012 at 12:50 pm |
    • captain sayin is not healthy for Christianity and other thiests

And you still have not answered the question:

It is a very simple question to answer, unless you do these things and are struggling with the fact that it conflicts with what you preach. Notice I have not accused you of doing such. And you cannot argue that it is ok to do so.

April 10, 2012 at 1:12 pm |
    • Prayer changes things

Answer : Truth is not an insult. You want an expert in insults look elsewhere.

April 10, 2012 at 1:16 pm |
    • just sayin

Jude verse 23

April 10, 2012 at 1:20 pm |
    • captain sayin is not healthy for Christianity and other thiests

I have not accused you personally of insulting anyone or of using profanity. Why do you continue to avoid the question?

April 10, 2012 at 1:24 pm |
    • Prayer changes things

Question has been answered . If you do not like the answer post your own.

April 10, 2012 at 1:46 pm |
    • captain sayin is not healthy for Christianity and other thiests

Post my own answer? Okay.

You are right, truth is not an insult. However if you tell someone they are an idiot for not believing the truth, that is an insult. And I will say that is not a good, that being effective, way to convert people to Christ.

April 10, 2012 at 2:13 pm |
    • Ummm

"Gay is not natural in fact gay is a word stolen by ho mo se xuals to hide their dirty disgusting lifestyle."

You need to seek help for your ignorance and low self esteem issues.

April 10, 2012 at 3:32 pm |
    • Prayer changes things

The ti tle fits you like a glove. Wuss is another that comes to mind.

April 10, 2012 at 4:32 pm |
    • captain sayin is not healthy for Christianity and other thiests

Wuss? Was that an insult? Let me guess, you were just telling the truth. Well keep up the good work. Jesus is proud of you.

April 10, 2012 at 4:43 pm |
    • Prayer changes things

Where do you think you are you sanctimonious twit. Read around you and try to wake up and smell the coffee.

April 10, 2012 at 7:18 pm |
  10. William Demuth

It's good to see feeding time at the zoo begins so early

April 10, 2012 at 8:46 am |
  11. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things

April 10, 2012 at 7:00 am |
    • Jesus

`Prayer doesn’t not; you are so full of crap and lies. You have NO proof it changes anything! A great example of prayer proven not to work is the Christians in jail because prayer didn't work and their children died. For example: Susan Grady, who relied on prayer to heal her son. Nine-year-old Aaron Grady died and Susan Grady was arrested.

April 10, 2012 at 10:24 am |
    • Answer

Wow at 7 o'clock EST this loon posts. Call the zealot squad!

April 10, 2012 at 5:45 pm |