home
RSS
Billy Graham backs North Carolina amendment to ban gay marriage
Billy Graham says that he "never thought we would have to debate the definition of marriage."
May 3rd, 2012

Billy Graham backs North Carolina amendment to ban gay marriage

By Eric Marrapodi, CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

(CNN)– The Rev. Billy Graham, the world's best-known evangelist, has endorsed a ballot initiative to constitutionally ban gay marriage in his home state of North Carolina, a rare move for a preacher who has typically avoided political fights.

North Carolinians will vote on the state's Marriage Amendment Act before North Carolina voters next Tuesday.

Voters will decide whether to amend the state constitution to say that "Marriage between one man and one woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in this State."

CNN’s Belief Blog: The faith angles behind the biggest stories

North Carolina already bans same-sex marriages. The amendment would effectively ban civil unions and domestic partnerships, too.

Graham is taking out full-page ads in 14 North Carolina newspapers touting his support for the measure. His website he encourages churches to download a poster that bears his image and the message "Vote for Marriage May 8th."

“Watching the moral decline of our country causes me great concern," the 93-year-old pastor, who has prayed with every president since Dwight Eisenhower, said in a statement on the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association website. "I believe the home and marriage is the foundation of our society and must be protected.”

The statement continued to say that Graham "never thought we would have to debate the definition of marriage."

Graham's newspaper ad will say: "The Bible is clear—God’s definition of marriage is between a man and a woman. I want to urge my fellow North Carolinians to vote for the marriage amendment on Tuesday, May 8. God bless you as you vote.”

The bill proposing the amendment says only a simple majority of votes is needed for the amendment to pass.

Supporters of the amendment hailed Graham's endorsement.

"Reverend Graham understands that we as North Carolinians have a duty to preserve God’s first institution–marriage," said Tami Fitzgerald, Chairwoman of Vote FOR Marriage NC,  a group supporting the measure, in a statement. "We cannot be silent as activists work to radically redefine marriage—an institution that has been fundamental to our civilization for thousands of years.”

Opponents of the amendment lamented the move.

“While we were disappointed to see his endorsement it doesn’t change much,” said Paul Guequierre a spokesman for the Coalition to Protect North Carolina Families. The coalition, which includes pastors from across the theological spectrum, opposes the amendment. “We have respect for (Graham) but we will continue to work with our clergy on this.”

“People across the country support LGBT equality,” Guequierre said, adding his group was cautiously optimistic about the vote on Tuesday.

While Graham may be an internationally known figure, his influence in North Carolina may be even larger. Charlotte is home to the Billy Graham Parkway. When the Billy Graham Library opened in Charlotte in 2007, Bill Clinton, George H. W. Bush and Jimmy Carter came for the opening ceremony.

Graham's son Franklin Graham and daughter Anne Graham Lotz have both voiced support for the amendment and both have taken political stands in the past, in contrast to their father.

- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: Belief • Billy Graham • Christianity • Gay marriage • Gay rights • Politics

soundoff (2,998 Responses)
  1. Lucifer's Evil Twin

I thought that idiot (graham) was dead... what's he waiting for?

May 4, 2012 at 9:24 am |
    • MarkinFL

Only the good die young. Evil just keeps on going and going and going......

May 4, 2012 at 9:38 am |
    • Lucifer's Evil Twin

good point

May 4, 2012 at 9:43 am |
  2. Keith

Why are you atheists so mean and arrogant? Can't you just leave us alone?

May 4, 2012 at 8:43 am |
    • momoya

Why do you beat up on your parents?

May 4, 2012 at 8:49 am |
    • Religion is not healthy for a boy's ass and other living things

No we can't, and Billy Graham is one reason why we won't.

May 4, 2012 at 8:55 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

It's hard not to be arrogant when you're right.

May 4, 2012 at 8:57 am |
    • MarkinFL

Keith, You Have Got To Be Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When YOU leave everyone else alone we will leave YOU alone. Until then, the gloves are OFF.

May 4, 2012 at 9:13 am |
    • Lucifer's Evil Twin

waah!

May 4, 2012 at 9:23 am |
    • Pot

Hey, your kinda' black

May 4, 2012 at 9:29 am |
    • sam stone

Why are Christians so arrogant to believe that they speak for god?

May 4, 2012 at 9:32 am |
    • Nonimus

If some Theists weren't trying to discriminate (same-se.x marriage bans), shove their beliefs into the science class (Intelligent Design, search "Tennessee monkey bill", one among many anti-evolution bills), etc.
      Atheists wouldn't need to be so "strident".

May 4, 2012 at 9:33 am |
    • Lucifer's Evil Twin

"Why are you atheists so mean and arrogant? Can't you just leave us alone?"

Not sure why this keeps making me laugh, but it does...

May 4, 2012 at 9:36 am |
    • sam stone

"Can't you just leave us alone?"

Really, Keith? Don't like to be preached to, do you?

The savior is coming. Get back on your knees

May 4, 2012 at 9:51 am |
    • TruthPrevails :-)

Keith: I can only imagine that this is partially directed at me. I'm not mean really. However this is where I stand in this world...

I came to my disbelief by doing a lot of searching and reading. I do not hate your god, I simply to not believe in it...much like you don't believe in Zeus. I come from an extremely religious family, people who raised us to believe that it didn't matter what church of sect of christianity you followed, there was only one god. You come here and call me out for what I fully admit might have been slightly over the top and maybe just a little out of line but yet you continue to rant about it and not let it lie. There lies my issue. I am a bigger person than that and all you do is act like a hypocrite...telling me how wrong I am while failing to look in the mirror of your own life, all the while throwing a book that I clearly dismiss as anything more than fictional history (kind of like Grimms FairyTales in the original form), in my face as if that will make me see things differently. I don't come here and spew hatred towards anyone. When I speak out against belief, it is not the person that is being attacked per say but the way they think that is. Not all christians act like hypocrites and they're not all the same but the ones who do not throw their belief in your face are the ones who do not take that damn book literally. If what you are saying does not meld with the evidence we have 2000 years after your book was written, expect to be called out...you should be. You think it is okay to call us out but when we do so to you and permeate your bubble, you get all defensive...so really it is you that has the issue. We just want world peace and mutual respect.
      You made a rash judgment about AtheistSteve and myself. You have no idea as to who we are or where we've been in this world. I only attacked you after you attacked me but yet in the end you brought my best-friend and husband in to this. We would never to be so cold and callous. So really before judging us, look in the mirror of you own life. We're quite happy!

May 4, 2012 at 10:09 am |
    • Keith

Whoa! Someone impersonating me. My last post was to Momoya @ 8:03 am RE: child po.rn. Lighten up Francis.

May 4, 2012 at 10:44 am |
    • Keith

TP, My main issue with you is the 1st Amendment. We have many who have bled and died to protect it and the rest of our Consti.tution. I'm sorry you've had a life where "religion" has led you away from the Lord. I'm not going to get into who started what but consider this: everytime you mock my Lord and Savior it angers myself and I'm sure other Christians. Jeebus. Buybull. etc.
      I am a hypocrite. I am a sinner. I've admitted this in the past and I'll admit it now. I try not to sin against my Savior because of what He did for me. But I fail. Thankfully, I'm able to confess this sin and He is faithful and just to forgive my sin and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I keep short accounts with Him.
      Know this, I don't hate you. I hate when you insult my Savior. I hate it that you would assault the 1st Amendment. But I don't hate you. I feel sorry for you. I wish somehow, some way you would see the Light. Many in religion have taken the Lord's name in vain-they have mis-represented who He is. Don't let that hinder you from seeking Him, though. All I am is a peon sinner saved by grace. Good day, TP. I will pray for you.

May 4, 2012 at 11:13 am |
    • LinCA

@Keith

The first amendment give individuals the right to freedom of speech and to worship whomever they want. That means that you are free to believe in, worship and pray to any imaginary friend you like. It gives me, and everyone else, the right to point out how ridiculous that is.

You have the right to believe whatever you want. You don't have the right not to be offended when someone challenges your beliefs.

May 4, 2012 at 11:27 am |
    • Primewonk

"I don't hate you. I hate when you insult my Savior. I hate it that you would assault the 1st Amendment. But I don't hate you. I feel sorry for you. "

I hate it when fundiots (fundamentalist îdiots) go onto message boards and post cràp about how science is wrong – how gays choose to be gay – how all humans descended from 1 man and 1 woman 6000 years ago – global warming is a fraud.

I hate it when fundiots whine about how persecuted they are, and then turn around and say that 90% of the public are christians. What? Are you persecuting yourselves? That's as stupid as the NY Yankees whining about needing more money to buy more players.

I hate it when fundiots demand special rights and recognition for their version of a god that they are unwilling to give the other 10,000 gods we have invented.

May 4, 2012 at 11:31 am |
    • TruthPrevails :-)

@Keith: Enjoy that bubble while I continue to live in the real world. Did you forget that we don't follow your consti.tution here in Canada? I only bring up nationality because it was a sticking point of yours. You don't get to pretend you are right when you started this crap...that just makes you a self-righteous ass. Wow, your ignorance and hypocrisy are amazing. You're right it is good-bye until the next time you attack me personally.

May 4, 2012 at 11:41 am |
    • Nonimus

@Keith,
      "Why are you atheists so mean and arrogant? Can't you just leave us alone?"

"...everytime you mock my Lord and Savior it angers myself and I'm sure other Christians."

"I wish somehow, some way you would see the Light. ... Don't let that hinder you from seeking Him, though.... I will pray for you."

What you are really saying is why are Christians so angry and arrogant?

Quickest way to shut up and Atheist... don't tell them about your God or why they should believe.

May 4, 2012 at 1:18 pm |
    • Keith

Nonimus

@Keith,
      "Why are you atheists so mean and arrogant? Can't you just leave us alone?"

A different trolling "Keith" wrote that-not me.

May 4, 2012 at 2:10 pm |
    • Keith

TP, One last thing, some of us don't want your Canadian "hate speech" laws to become the law of the land in America and I for one will fight you or anyone else who promotes such ridiculous ideas in America. I believe you will eventually get your laws passed here, too. But I for one, will NEVER give up the good fight and cede ground to evil. The spineless church has done enough of that.

May 4, 2012 at 2:17 pm |
    • TruthPrevails :-)

Keith: You really are not that intelligent, are you? You have hate speech laws in the states moron. I understand that you may not listen to the news about what happens in your own country but seriously to be so blind.

May 4, 2012 at 3:19 pm |
    • TruthPrevails :-)

Keith: You really are not that intelligent, are you? We do not have hate speech laws, we do however have laws that prevent you from bullying other over belief/lack thereof. You know nothing about this country, so please keep your opinion to yourself until you learn. Hate speech is immoral and by your comment you're not moral. Way to prove your hypocrisy.
      Btw: You never did respond about why the hell you acted like a 10 year old child and brought my husband in to this whole thing when he had nothing to do with it.

May 4, 2012 at 3:24 pm |
  3. Reality

Because of basic biology differences said monogamous ventures should always be called same-s-ex unions not same-s-ex marriages.

The marriage vs union designation is also needed to track the census, social and health aspects of said monogamous relationships.

i.e From below, on top, backwards, forwards, from this side of the Moon and from the other side too, gay se-xual activity is still mutual masturbation caused by one or more complex se-xual differences. Some differences are visually obvious in for example the complex maleness of DeGeneres, Billy Jean King and Rosie O'Donnell.

Yes, heteros-exuals practice many of the same "moves" but there is never a doubt who is the female and who is the male

May 4, 2012 at 8:40 am |
    • Mirosal

You've never heard about some of the clubs in New York have you? lol

May 4, 2012 at 8:44 am |
    • MarkinFL

To everything Reality said all I can think of is SO WHAT?

Besides the census tracks the s.ex of each individual. They already track same-s.ex vs.. hetero relationships. Big deal all the way around.

May 4, 2012 at 9:16 am |
    • Huebert

I take it you never really studied biology. Biologically speaking se.x is defined as any time genitals come into contact with a mucus membrane; such as the mouth the va.gina, or the an.us.

May 4, 2012 at 9:20 am |
  4. Sam The RamRod STONE

I'm an idiot! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!

HAVE YOU SEEN MY BASEBALL?

May 4, 2012 at 8:33 am |
    • IRRational Libertarian

Oh yeah, it's where you planted it. IN ME.

May 4, 2012 at 8:34 am |
    • momoyomomma

I would like to place the baseball upon my lips and taste the glory when it has been removed from thine bum!

May 4, 2012 at 8:35 am |
    • Mirosally

I'd pay money to get that snowballed into my mouth!

May 4, 2012 at 8:36 am |

IRRational Libertarian

Wanna get together and do each other some time?

May 4, 2012 at 8:39 am |
    • lol

LOL!

May 4, 2012 at 8:42 am |
    • Mirosal

Looky here, little Marky's rapier-like wit is as sharp as a bowling ball. Golly gee whiz he's all grown up now isn't he? Soon he'll get out of those pull-up pants and in a year or two, he'll start kindergarten.

May 4, 2012 at 8:42 am |
  5. PRISON LOVE

ME AND BILLY ARE GONNA DO IT. HE JUST DOESN'T KNOW IT YET.

May 4, 2012 at 8:04 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

Take some pictures please.

May 4, 2012 at 8:07 am |
    • PRISON LOVE

KEITH MIGHT BE INTERESTED TOO.

May 4, 2012 at 8:07 am |
    • PRISON LOVE

THEY'D BOTH ENJOY A HOT SPACKLING ACROSS THEIR CHESTS

May 4, 2012 at 8:08 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

Disgusting. Thankfully I have a life. Have a wonderful day, even if you are a detestable atheist pile of human garbage.

May 4, 2012 at 8:22 am |
    • momoya

Isn't everyone glad to see Mark finally being himself in all his hateful glory?? "from Middle River" HA!!!

May 4, 2012 at 8:25 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

Thank you Mark, I will have a good day, you too, even if you are an irrational oaf whose fear has caused you to cling onto a belief system which would be immediately discarded by anyone with any sense of cognitive functionality.

May 4, 2012 at 8:31 am |
    • Rudyard

Outstanding!

May 4, 2012 at 8:43 am |
  6. Religion is not healthy for a boy's ass and other living things

A prison cell changes things.

Proven.

May 4, 2012 at 7:52 am |
  7. Grimes

God loves everyone including sinners. Christ main purpose was to save mankind from its sins. Everybody is sinners.

Sinners acknowledge their sins and make themselves right with GOD.

We vote to preserve family values as intended by God for all mankind.

May 4, 2012 at 7:50 am |

Amen.

May 4, 2012 at 7:52 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

So God loves watching gay men doing each other?

Good to know.

May 4, 2012 at 7:57 am |
    • PRISON LOVE

YES. WITH BOTH FISTS.

May 4, 2012 at 8:05 am |
    • sam stone

your whole argument is built on a deck of cards

May 4, 2012 at 8:13 am |
    • sam stone

Also, Grimey and Marky-Mark, it is pretty fvcking arrogant speaking for god. Some may call it blashpemy

May 4, 2012 at 8:15 am |
    • Sam The RamRod

You spelled "fucking" wrong.

May 4, 2012 at 8:24 am |
    • Primewonk

Leviticus 20:13 If a man has s.exual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death

Yep. Sure sounds like your god is full of love.

May 4, 2012 at 8:32 am |
    • Karen House

AMEN!

May 4, 2012 at 9:07 am |
    • MarkinFL

You vote as if you are a member of the American Taliban. Those are rules for YOU to live by and have nothing to do with normal reality. There is nothing illegal about gay relationships and their is no legal reason to restrict marriage to male/female relationships. If you do not like it, you do not have to do it. And if your church does not like it, it does not have to ordain it. So where is the problem. Two men or two women getting married will not affect my marriage. Is your marriage so week that it is affected by other people's marriages?

May 4, 2012 at 9:12 am |
    • YeahRight

"We vote to preserve family values as intended by God for all mankind."

That's why based on your bible the whole thing started with incest. Then if a woman couldn't have a baby the man could rape and use his slave to have a child. Then your bible continues with stoning your children if they talk back to you.... Need I go on.... What's funny is only 33% of the people on this planet actually believe in your religion so that means the other 67% defined what family values were without the need of your god.

May 4, 2012 at 11:41 am |
  8. Al

N.C. will not pass this regardless of what Graham says. Yet they are ready to make you squeal like a pig the first chance they get. Cue up the banjos.

May 4, 2012 at 7:37 am |
  9. Keith

Here's a little exchange from yesterday exposing the commie "Truth"Prevails, minus freds swearing of course:

Keith

TP, Just thought I'd put this front and center this morning so the blog can see how "tolerant" you are:TruthPrevails

@The Champ: Thank you for pointing out that the lunatic lives a mere 5 hours from me and in the same province as my sweet innocent niece. I'll be warning my niece to keep her toddler far away from this loon and hoping that Sympatico takes down the site for hate speech...sending the info off to some old friends in charge of dismantling sites like his.

May 2, 2012 at 8:52 am |

Keith

TP, you said:
    Who the hell are YOU to determine what the "standards" are? Who the hell are YOU to have freedom of expression removed? YOU are an arrogant cuss aren't you?

May 2, 2012 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |

Keith

May 2, 2012 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |

Keith

TP, you said: sending the info off to some old friends in charge of dismantling sites like his.:
    Don't forget to have your 'old friends' break his kneecaps or shoot him in the back of the head and kick him in a shallow grave...
    I find it telling that you admit to having 'old friends' who are actually in charge of repressing freedom of speech. Yeah, like I said before, keep your messed up Canadian laws and goofy communist ideas in Canada. I had no idea how intolerant communism real was.

May 2, 2012 at 10:33 pm | 0

May 3, 2012 at 7:48 am | Report abuse | Reply

Keith

Almost forgot this part:

TruthPrevails

"Keep your repressive laws north of the border. You are truly evil to the core, TP."

You're a delusional child Keith. This is an international website and regardless of how much I may hurt your feelings, I will continue to come here. AvdBerg happens to be Canadian, so my point stands. I'm far from evil moron. I do not wish harm upon anyone like you and your god do-that is the true definition of evil. We happen to have higher standards that you do and we do not wish for our children to see such hate filled sites, so it is better to have them removed all together. I understand the truth and reality frighten you child but it is time to live in the 21st century and throw away your 2000 year old book. Now go takes your meds little one...we'd like some quiet on the blog.

May 2, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |

May 3, 2012 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |

atheist fred

what the is this all about

May 3, 2012 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |

TruthPrevails 🙂

Old news Keith but that is not surprising given that you base your life off a book written 2000 years ago. You can try to expose me all you wish but you remain clueless and yes AvdBerg's site is being monitored...not because of freedom of speech but for the hate speech it spews. You can keep trying to spew your delusions but you're really not worthy of any more of my time. Speak to me when you live in accordance to the laws and evidence of the century we reside in, until then your opinion does not matter to me.

May 3, 2012 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |

TruthPrevails 🙂

@atheist fred: It's Keith's attempt to expose me on something said yesterday...it has no pertinence to the article at hand.

May 3, 2012 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |

TruthPrevails 🙂

"Keith

The administrators of that school should be fired. Honor students who begin to pray or mention God at graduation ceremonies have their microphones turned off immediately! No such thing with this in-your-face qu-eer. Anyone involved with this should be fired. If the church had had the balls 20 years ago to stand up to this nonsense, we wouldn't have to deal with the Dan Sava.ges of today-but hold on-it's going to get much much worse."

And your own comment here Keith doesn't speak to taking away one's freedom of speech? Grow up and look in the mirror before calling me intolerant. I simply made a comment that you blew out of proportion and if I offended anyone (outside of you) I apologize.

May 3, 2012 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |

Keith

No apology necessary. I'm GLAD you said it because you expose yourself and convict yourself-you are your own worst enemy, thankfully. You make one of my points, "hate speech" is a crime in Canada-not in the US, yet. Some of us would like to keep it that way. Keep your oppressive communist laws north of the border.
    Fred, this was regarding an exchange on the Dan Sav.age article in which TP was practically salivating on her keyboard in hopes of shutting this guy's site down-because TP deemed it easier to do so than debate him. TP is a LIAR and a HYPOCRITE of the highest order. Ask her about freedom of speech/expression-or better yet, just look at what she has blogged.

May 3, 2012 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |

TruthPrevails 🙂

Keith: I was not apologizing to you. You need to look in the mirror idiot! Your belief system is full of hypocrisy. In life I don't go around telling people who they can and can't love or using the threat of eternal suffering...those are things you are good at doing...so before judging me (a clear sin in your buybull), you may wish to look at how you yourself speaks to people on this blog. I stand by the fact that AvdBerg is full of hate and so is his website and anyone who cares should be reporting his site...it does not promote anything healthy for society.

May 3, 2012 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |

Keith

TP, Furthermore, your "old friends" are "in charge", denotes a structural heirarchy. Someone in that heirarchy put them "in charge". It shows that your "old friends" are part of an organization that apparently by your own admissioin is repressing what we call here in America-the 1st Amendment to the United States Consti.tution. You know what I think? I think you and your "old friends" are communist trash. And it doesn't change the FACT that if you die in your sins without the shed blood of Jesus Christ covering your sins, then you will burn for eternity in the lake of fire. Myself and others say this to warn you-not to gleefully celebrate you frying for eternity.
    Eze 33:11 Say unto them, [As] I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

May 3, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |

Keith

TP, The next obvious question is where do you and Atheist Steve fit into this organization(he's probably cussing you out right now for spilling the beans)? This much I know: Satan is the head, but how does it break down after that?

May 3, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |

May 4, 2012 at 7:19 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

I don't usually side with a guy who quotes scripture but I'll fight tooth and nail to have all speech, including hate speech, kept legal.

May 4, 2012 at 7:25 am |
    • sam stone

keith: still using the bible as a suppository?

May 4, 2012 at 7:31 am |
    • Keith

Rational Libertarian
      Thank you. My point exactly. I don't know what AvdBerg's site consists of-it may be something I totally don't subscribe to, but that doesn't give anyone the right to "shut it down". To think that people like "Truth"Prevails and her hubby Atheist Steve and their "old friends" are out there and think like this is scary. Facists. Communists. Nazis. I'm not sure what category they would fall into-but it ain't good.

May 4, 2012 at 7:34 am |
    • Keith

sam stone
      based on your comment, may it be assumed that you support the position of TP?

May 4, 2012 at 7:36 am |
    • momoya

Keith,

I admit that I only perused your conversation with TP that you quoted above, but I don't understand what your complaint is.. Can you explain what you feel was so over the line?

Also, in future please register complaints like this one on the following form, so that we can see the specific nature of the offense:

(function() { var scribd = document.createElement("script"); scribd.type = "text/javascript"; scribd.async = true; scribd.src = "#{root_url}javascripts/embed_code/inject.js"; var s = document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(scribd, s); })()

May 4, 2012 at 7:42 am |
    • Keith

Quite honestly I don't know how "Truth"Prevails could show her face on this blog anymore. She should be ashamed and embarassed for being exposed for what she is.

May 4, 2012 at 7:43 am |
    • Keith

momoya,
      Here's a couple of the disturbing highlights:

If this is her idea of "Truth", I don't want any part of it.

May 4, 2012 at 7:51 am |
    • momoya

@Keith

Okay, so Truth has different values than you; I don't think he or she is saying anything that the average christian wouldn't say about "illegal" sites like child pron, so really, TP is merely valuing that website in the exact same manner that a christian would value the child pron site.. And I don't think that most people would consider christians to be "communists," though really, that's what the entire beginning section of Acts is all about; believers providing for others from their excess, and believers accepting a.ssistance from their "brothers in christ" that have extra wealth.. Sure, the rest of the bible is pure king/servant / master/slave, but in the first church it displays a PERFECT picture of communism.

And by the way, when you imagine your Jesus coming back to earth, isn't he going to smite with a rod of iron and destroy all that does not meet his approval?. And aren't you eagerly awaiting that day like no other?. Seems to me that your discussing a speck when you can barely see around that beam in your own eye.

May 4, 2012 at 7:57 am |
    • Keith

She and Atheist Steve are probably busy hammering the "report abuse" on her comments trying to cover her tracks.
      Jhn 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
      The light comes on and the rats scurry.

May 4, 2012 at 7:59 am |
    • Keith

momoya,
      child po.rn is illegal. Being a Christian is not. Not yet.

May 4, 2012 at 8:03 am |
    • PRISON LOVE

KEITH IF IT'S ILLEGAL WHY DO YOU HAVE SO MUCH OF IT?

May 4, 2012 at 8:06 am |
    • TruthPrevails :-)

I admitted my error idiot and I'm not leaving because of you. As for AtheistSteve, he thinks you're a fool and neither of us happen to care that you do not like us. I find it pathetically sad that you live in the past. I do not agree AvdBerg's site and that is my right, just as it is your right to disagree with views. Quoting scripture proves nothing. You comes here and call me out when I dropped this, so it would appear that only one with any issue is you..time to grow up and live in the present day. BTE: we don't report abuse on anything. Now the next time I see you re-post, I will report it because you're acting like a schoolyard bully and quite immature.

May 4, 2012 at 8:08 am |
    • momoya

@Keith

Way to miss the entire post, moron.. I'm saying that TP feels about that particular website the way christians feel about another website; and after all, aren't you trying to limit TP's free speech with this little stunt of yours right here?!?!

What do you think about the first church being a commune, or your christ taking away EVERYTHING from people he doesn't agree with.. You're upset at TP for something infinitesimally small, yet you refuse to even consider that your god's going to fvck TP up the azz for all eternity.. If you're upset with TP for what he said, then you should be absolutely livid, bat-sh!t crazy furious at your god because he's going to do the same thing but infinitely more..

Or do you just enjoy being such a huge hypocrite?

May 4, 2012 at 8:08 am |
    • PRISON LOVE

WHY IS KEITH POSTING THIS SHIT ANYWAY? KEITH DID YOU SAVE ALL THIS IN A WORD DOC OR SOMETHING? DOES IT MAKE YOU HARD TO PASTE THIS OVER AND OVER AGAIN? WHAT IS THE POINT?

May 4, 2012 at 8:17 am |
    • sam stone

keith: my comment had nothing to do with TP's position. my comment is simply that you are a pompous deluded a$$

May 4, 2012 at 8:29 am |
  10. Bootyfunk

is there a creepier ghoul on earth?

May 4, 2012 at 6:06 am |
  11. Rational Libertarian

Just woke up. Early morning, really tired and I'd thought I'd get my religion news for the day.

HOW IS THIS NEWS???!!! It would be news if Graham said that the Bible was a joke and we should all love each other in the street. Graham is a fairly conservative Christian preacher. What else was he expected to say?

May 4, 2012 at 5:47 am |
    • Kebos

Agree. No surprise here except for maybe the "Oh gee, he's still alive!?"

May 4, 2012 at 5:56 am |
  12. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things .

May 4, 2012 at 5:13 am |
    • Mirosal

It didn't change you or Billy Graham. You're both still gullible enough to believe in invisible egotistical, megalomaniacal fairies. Do you bet on the unicorn in the Kentucky Derby?

May 4, 2012 at 5:16 am |
    • Hitchens

Hate and intolerance rears its ugly head from the keyboard of Mirosal.

May 4, 2012 at 5:22 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

Skepticism is not hate, even though a fair amount of hate towards religion is a good thing.

You should be ashamed of using the name Hitchens. I think I'll start using the name Jimmy Swaggart. Where can I find some prosti tutes?

May 4, 2012 at 5:52 am |
    • Kebos

Atheism is what puts a spring in my step each day. To live my days in this world knowing we and all that surrounds me were not created by some act of a jealous and spiteful god truly is a wonderful thing.

May 4, 2012 at 5:58 am |
    • TruthPrevails :-)

"Hate and intolerance rears its ugly head from the keyboard of Mirosal."

This coming from someone who uses the alias 'Hitchens'...what a horrible insult to such a great Atheist's memory.

May 4, 2012 at 6:11 am |
    • Keith

Luk 16:19 ¶ There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

Luk 16:20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

Luk 16:21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

Luk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

Luk 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Luk 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Luk 16:25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

Luk 16:26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that [would come] from thence.

Luk 16:27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

Luk 16:28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

Luk 16:29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

Luk 16:30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

Luk 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

If Hitchens could come back and warn you maybe he would. But he can't. He blew his chance. Don't blow yours. God's sin amnesty program ends the second you draw your last breath.

May 4, 2012 at 7:26 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

And there once was an owl named Martin Barre, who wore men's clothing when he felt romantic.

May 4, 2012 at 7:33 am |
    • sam stone

wow, keith, cut and paste.....that is surely impressive.

May 4, 2012 at 7:34 am |
    • momoya

Hmmm I think Keith may have lost his faith in his subconscious and his consciousness is taking out that fear and frustration on atheists here..

NO need to be angry keith, just go with it...

May 4, 2012 at 8:38 am |
    • Jesus

Prayer doesn’t not; you are such a LIAR. You have NO proof it changes anything! A great example of prayer proven not to work is the Christians in jail because prayer didn't work and their children died. For example: Susan Grady, who relied on prayer to heal her son. Nine-year-old Aaron Grady died and Susan Grady was arrested.

The statistical studies from the nineteenth century and the three CCU studies on prayer are quite consistent with the fact that humanity is wasting a huge amount of time on a procedure that simply doesn’t work. Nonetheless, faith in prayer is so pervasive and deeply rooted, you can be sure believers will continue to devise future studies in a desperate effort to confirm their beliefs!~

May 4, 2012 at 11:42 am |
  13. LetLive

Gay Marriage = NO, Civil Unions = Maybe, Domestic Partnership = WHY NOT?

May 4, 2012 at 4:27 am |
    • Rick

get government out of the business of licensing marriage

May 4, 2012 at 5:59 am |
    • Mirosal

No, marriage is a civil contract. Fully within the government's purview. However, NO religion is ever required for a civil contract. So get religion out of marriage, and things will be copasetic. You don't need any church to get married, but you still need the license, and even a church won't marry you until you have one. So who trumps who there, huh? The license is NOT "permission", it's simply a form for the files.

May 4, 2012 at 6:07 am |
    • LetLive

Rick and mirosal. If you really think you've got the power and capacity to make it happen, WHY NOT? Go ahead and be (our) heroes.

But me?..I would NEVER twist my panties JUST for a PIECE of PAPER. I'm contented living a happy life of mutual love and respect with my partner. And they can take that away OVER my dead body.

May 4, 2012 at 7:03 am |
    • Mirosal

The power to do .. what? Get married??... did that. Twice. And as far as gay marriage goes, the U.S. Supreme court will decide in June about California's Prop. 8. If they overturn that, then it's a pretty sure bet that the court will rule gay marriage consti'tutional, thus eliminating all states' bans on it.

May 4, 2012 at 7:21 am |
    • A guy with a brain NOT below but WAY-UP high than my bossom

I did NOT sa "power to do it" I said was, power and CAPACITY to MAKE IT HAPPEN. But if you want to know what it's all about, I'm sorry I'm not getting use of sp.oon feeding my students, it wouldn't help their comprehension and analytical skills. But fortunately, I feel generous today of giving you a hint; I always make comments/replies based on what's originally posted.

AND

Just like what you said, and I quote "And as far as gay marriage goes, the U.S. Supreme court will decide in June about California's Prop. 8."

Why not wait till June?

What the H*** you've been yapping here all day?

May 4, 2012 at 7:41 am |
    • Mirosal

June is when the Court decided to render its decision. If you don't like it, then become president, pick your own Court, and see what happens, FDR tried that and he almost lost his office (1938). or better yet, just move to a theocratic state like Iran and you won't have to deal with it anymore.

May 4, 2012 at 7:46 am |
    • AtheismIsCrap

Here goes the all-knowing mirosal bragging his/her/its make believe wit for laughs. And of courses proving him/her/itself as a SUN-DRIED PIECE of CRAP!

May 4, 2012 at 7:54 am |
    • Mirosal

alright, smart-a$$... what fact did I get wrong?

May 4, 2012 at 8:02 am |

Mark

I've been trumped by Christian logic again. Dang nabit!!

May 4, 2012 at 8:09 am |
    • mirosally

You spelled "smart-ass" WRONG!

May 4, 2012 at 8:47 am |
    • Primewonk

Marriage is a civil contract. Why should gay people be forbidden from entering a civil contract? These civil contracts are recognized by the several states. My wife and I were married in Iowa 26 years ago. Since then, we have lived in Missouri, back to Iowa, Out to Washington St., and now in Indiana. We did not have remarry each time we moved.

If you don't want to marry your partner, that is fine. But why should millions of otther folks not have the same right to marry that all of us straights have?

May 4, 2012 at 8:51 am |
    • IRRational Libetartian

No surprise, not get used to it yet?

May 4, 2012 at 8:58 am |
    • stick it inside you vacuumed craniums

@Primewonk?

Are straight-men and straight-women allowed to marry another straight-men and straight-women respectively?

OR...

Are gays not allowed to marry lesbians or straight-women and vice versa?

Nope! it's NOT about WHO will marry but to WHOM you marry.

You just can't marry your grandmother, either.

May 4, 2012 at 9:20 am |
  14. Sacred Vows

Marriage is a sacred vow that is done before God. It was started by Christianity and is not for unnatural unions that go against the Lord's wishes. If they wish to have civil unions, then that's fine. But marriage is a pact that can only be honored by Jesus. To soil the sanctity of marriage is offensive to all Christians everywhere.

May 4, 2012 at 3:57 am |
    • Phosphorus

Christianity is gay.

May 4, 2012 at 3:59 am |
    • Phosphorus

God is a pansy.

May 4, 2012 at 4:03 am |
    • S. Niffleheim

Smells like trolls in here.

May 4, 2012 at 4:03 am |
    • Phosphorus

Pansies are gay.

May 4, 2012 at 4:03 am |
    • Phosphorus

S. Niffleheims are gay.

May 4, 2012 at 4:04 am |
    • Mirosal

@ Sacred Vows ... marriage was around for thousands of years, before X-tianity reared its head. Even your own story of Mary and Joseph, when they travelled for the census, says that they were not yet married. If marriage is a X-tian thing, why does it discuss marriage before jesus was ever born? Even Abraham was married, so was Noah, and THEY were definitely NOT X-tian. In fact, Noah wasn't even Jewish, as there were no Jews yet. And he was married. So much for your theory, and your own "holy book" disproves it.

May 4, 2012 at 4:18 am |
    • Hitchens

@Mirosal
      There is no such thing as X- tian.

May 4, 2012 at 5:28 am |
    • Kebos

What a crock! My 30 year marriage is no pact with JC. He can get his own wife! Although I doubt very much his marriage would last long as he would always be out of the home marching up and down the hillsides turning water Into wine or whatever other daft stuff he does.

May 4, 2012 at 6:01 am |
    • Bootyfunk

if you get married in a church without a gov't issued marriage license, your marriage is not recognized by law
      if you get married in a courthouse with a gov't issued marriage license, your marriage is valid
      what does this prove?
      marriage is a legal union in this country, no a religious one
      you can have a ceremony, but it's not necessary
      god is definitely not necessary for marriage

May 4, 2012 at 6:10 am |
    • Bootyfunk

Sacred Vows wrote:
      "Marriage is a sacred vow that is done before God. It was started by Christianity"

you are are utterly ignorant. marriage was around for 1000s of years before Christianity ever raised its ugly head. you are a brainless sheep. here's a quote that sums you up:

"circ.umvent your intelligence."
      - kirk cameron

get that tattooed on your forehead.

May 4, 2012 at 6:15 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

Marriage outdates Christianity significantly.

May 4, 2012 at 6:32 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

Christianity outdates YOU significantly. You have been trumped. Try again.

May 4, 2012 at 7:53 am |
    • Religion is not healthy for a boy's ass and other living things

Unfortunately we will all be long gone before Christianity is snuffed out and replaced.

May 4, 2012 at 8:01 am |

Mark

I've been trumped by Christian logic again. Dang nabit!!!

May 4, 2012 at 8:10 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

Oh look. You replied to the correct post this time. If you can't perform a simple task such as replying too the correct post the first time, just think of how much more in life you're doing wrong. Like being a lousy, bitter atheist.

May 4, 2012 at 8:20 am |
    • momoya

@Mark

You fvcking moron.. I've seen you use that stupid line before–as if someone clicking the wrong post means his intelligence isn't great enough to deliver a cogent argument.. Are you really that stupid?? Because when you post sh!t like that it only makes people realize how truly ignorant you are.

May 4, 2012 at 8:28 am |
    • TruthPrevails :-)

"There is no such thing as X- tian."

Yes there is...The “X” is actually indicating the Greek letter “Chi”, which is short for the Greek, meaning “Christ”. The practice of using the symbol “X” in place of Christ’s name has been going on amongst religious scholars for at least 1000 years. So none of you christians should be taking offense to the use of it.

May 4, 2012 at 8:28 am |
    • Mirosal

Awww ... is little Marky-mark missing his funky bunch? He's feeling rather judgemental today ... or would that just be "mental"? Doesn't your own "holy book" tell you to not judge, lest you be judged? Guess you're going to that "hell" you always threaten Atheists with, aren't you?

May 4, 2012 at 8:29 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

Crticized by a man who confuses the word to for too. I must be having an off day.

May 4, 2012 at 8:33 am |
  15. Phosphorus

Jesus was gay.

May 4, 2012 at 3:55 am |
    • Sacred Vows

This statement is offensive!!

May 4, 2012 at 3:57 am |
    • Phosphorus

Billy Graham is gay too.

May 4, 2012 at 3:58 am |
    • Vlacmere

if it is true then I guess the truth offends you. too bad.

May 4, 2012 at 3:58 am |
    • S. Niffleheim

Jesus is just another dead cult leader who lied and bs d everyone he could before he got caught and executed.

May 4, 2012 at 4:05 am |
    • Phosphorus

Cult leaders are gay.

May 4, 2012 at 4:09 am |
    • nope

nope!

May 4, 2012 at 5:26 am |
    • sam stone

Come on, Sacred Vows: Jesus was over 30, not married, and wandered around with a bunch of guys, talking about love. Either he was gay, or catholic, and we know the latter was not the case

May 4, 2012 at 7:17 am |
    • Nii

SAM STONE
      When you are so happy insulting Christ and His followers how do u then cry foul that He does not approve being gay. I always tell u guys to NOT talk about xtian hatred of gays after such silly comments. You earn it and even worse. Most gays don't even care about Atheism. CHINA SCARES THEM

May 4, 2012 at 8:17 am |

Nii

What? Have you no idea how to put together a cogent argument?

May 4, 2012 at 8:42 am |
    • MarkinFL

I hope Nii is stoned. Only good excuse I can think of for that last post.

May 4, 2012 at 9:28 am |
  16. doctore0

He did it out of greed/fear... Eternal life in luxury with Gawd vs Eternal life in torture with Gawds right hand
    But not to worry, Gawd/Debil.. both 100% fake man made tools to control the greedy and stupid.. ohh and brainwash kids

May 4, 2012 at 3:38 am |

WRONG.

May 4, 2012 at 3:39 am |
  17. Mark from Middle River

I've had to move twice because of their kind doing each other so hard I couldn't sleep because they were so loud about it. They have no consideration for each other whatsoever. NONE.

May 4, 2012 at 3:38 am |
    • Phosphorus

I bet you dreamed of being an ice cream sandwich. That's why you couldn't get any sleep.

May 4, 2012 at 4:01 am |
    • sam stone

Marky-mark: If it had been a man and a woman making lots of noise, would you favor a ban on men and women marrying?

May 4, 2012 at 7:19 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

Your comment doesn't make any sense.

May 4, 2012 at 8:21 am |
    • TruthPrevails :-)

Mark: Sam is merely asking if you would be as upset about your neighbors noisy love-making if they were male and female instead of both male...legitimate question. Personally I can't understand why you or anyone would care to listen that closely to their neighbors but whatever works for you. You know if it bothers you that much, earplugs are cheap and your gospel music cd's can be blared to deafen out the sounds.

May 4, 2012 at 8:44 am |
    • MarkinFL

Hah! Loudest dam neighbors I ever had were actually downstairs and practically the whole complex could hear them. And if they were gay then she was one heckuva knockout trannie.

May 4, 2012 at 9:32 am |
  18. It's a FACT

If you watch the credits of gay adult films, you'll find that the majority of them are funded by the church of jesus christ latter day saints. I've watched several thousand hours of films to confirm this.

May 4, 2012 at 2:41 am |
    • Mirosal

They say that po-rn is an $8 billion a year industry, but no one watches it. Guess that $8 billion came from you, huh? lol Hope you got a little chuckle from that 🙂 ... I've never seen a gay film, I'm straight, but how are they listed in those credits?

May 4, 2012 at 2:44 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

You are what's wrong with this elitist LIBTARD country.

May 4, 2012 at 3:38 am |
    • Primewonk

Cool research study from a couple years ago – the researchers got de-identified credit card billing data from several online pôrn sites. The data was limited to state and amount. The top ten states per capita for buying pôrn were all "red" states full of good "christians". And the number 1 state? Utah!

May 4, 2012 at 9:01 am |
  19. ABCD

Atleast Billy Graham finally did something right rather than profiting from his followers by misleading him. Just look at human anatomy people! Two beings of the same gender ARE NOT and WERE NOT meant to be together (considering the purpose of a relationship is to reproduce) so a ho.mose.x.ual relationship is useless and wrong because no child can result from their repulsice sodomy.

May 4, 2012 at 1:53 am |
    • ABCD

Sorry, I need some sleep and made some errors. I meant to say misleading *them* and *repulsive* rather than repulsice

May 4, 2012 at 1:55 am |
    • tallulah13

As many have said, that is a false argument because marriage is not about reproduction. If it is, older people who are no longer fertile, or younger people who have never been fertile should not be allowed to marry. By your rules, people who don't wish to have children shouldn't be allowed to marry.

Marriage is about companionship and legal protection. I'm glad the majority of the people of this nation are coming around to the fact that orientation-based discrimination is immoral and wrong.

May 4, 2012 at 2:01 am |
    • XD

So you like the idea of gayness but you don't approve because it doesn't necessarily produce children and your Bible says it's bad? Okay.

May 4, 2012 at 2:02 am |
    • Andrew

You're right, lets ban any and all old people from getting married too, once you go through menopause, you lose the right to visit your significant other in the hospital or file joint tax returns as a married couple!

And while we're at it, how about everyone having to sign a pledge that you must reproduce if you want to get married? Oh, oh, and lets not forget fertility tests so we can know who is sterile, we can't go letting sterile people get married either!

Because ya know, if all relationships are about is 'can you naturally reproduce without in vitro fertalization or surrogate parents', lets ensure that everyone is equally tied to your standards, right? (It is kinda a silly argument, since a sterile couple is less able to have children than a gay couple. But why would I expect people who have a problem with gay marriage to ever provide a non-silly argument?)

May 4, 2012 at 2:03 am |
    • Mirosal

@ ABCD .. if a gay couple moves in next door to you, just exactly HOW does that affect YOU and your life? So they are gay, big deal, who cares? What are you going to do, peek in their windows to catch them doing something you don't like? I'd bet that you would. Then what are you going to do? Report them? To whom? Your pastor? Yeah, lots of legal authority there ha ha ha. Start a peti'tion to get them out of your neighborhood? Get a life and stop worrying about others' lives. And if your "god" has a problem with it, then tell your "god" to get its a$$ out here and tell us in person. Oh, wait, according to you and your ilk, "god" made all of us, so "god" made gays as well. Guess "he" doesn't think they are so bad if "he" made them, right?

May 4, 2012 at 2:24 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

I'll tell YOU how it affects me. I have to listen to them screw each other hard in their butts. It's effing gross as heck. Have you ever tried to go to sleep while hearing two dudes bang each other in their butts? In one apartment I lived in, two dudes that were dating used to do each other on their balcony outside. It was LOUD and obnoxious. The cops were afraid to do anything about it. Then in another apartment, their bedroom was right on the other side of the wall as mine so they were constantly doing it and making tons of noise. Try going to work in the morning after hearing some guy screaming to another guy to spray his load in his mouth or inside of him in his butt all night long.

May 4, 2012 at 3:28 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

And then to top it off I could hear the toilet flush after each switch hit. It was disgusting. I could tell when one guy was draining and then he's be on top next. I could hear the skin slapping and everything and sometimes I could hear what sounded like grinding on the wall. I bet their bedroom smelled like raw sewage in a prison locker room.

May 4, 2012 at 3:31 am |
    • Mirosal

So get a girl, and fight noise with noise .. think of the fun you'll have ... or, in your case, since you're probably still a vi-r-gin, just get a por-no, and play it loud.

May 4, 2012 at 3:33 am |
    • Mirosal

by the way, how much did that stethoscope you're using against the wall cost you? Or are you still using a glass against the wall?

May 4, 2012 at 3:34 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

Let me guess. You were one of the guys on the other side of the wall. How clever of you to insinuate that I was making it a point to listen to you scumbags.

May 4, 2012 at 3:41 am |
    • Mirosal

Actually, I'm straight, I have been married twice, and have 3 kids. Nice try though.

May 4, 2012 at 4:20 am |
    • HawaiiGuest

@Mark

What a nice ad hominem against Mirosal. Tell me why didn't you just get a pair of earplugs? They were paying rent, and you were paying rent. You said that the police didn't want to do anything, so I'm guessing you actually called the police? That is just hilarious. I'm pretty sure they weren't scared to do anything, they just didn't want to because there's nothing wrong with it legally, just in your overly religious mind.

May 4, 2012 at 4:41 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

Miro: Nice cover story. I'm sure someone will be moved by it.

Hawaii: Ad Hominem. Ad. Hominem. AD HOMINEM. AD HoMiNeM. Got anything else to add? I'm only asking because every liberal on here tosses this term out while mocking religious people all day long. As for the cops, they literally told me that even though it was a legal, legitimate noise complaint, they could do nothing because they were afraid of the department getting sued by a couple of ho moes. Guess what genius, noise levels have to be kept down after a certain time where I live. It's the LAW, no matter who is making noise. These knob-slobbers were allowed to break the law because if someone offends a single one of them, it's national news and they're suing everyone. They're intolerant of everyone and are forcing their agenda on the entire country. I say kick them out and make them live in Hawaii. Cut them off from civilization and let them do each other until they're dead.

May 4, 2012 at 4:53 am |
    • Mirosal

Yep, Mark really IS a X-tain .. burn them all at the stake, damn them for all eternity, arrest them, confine them, keep them away from everyone else. This is an election year .. and I think Mark is running for grand Kleegle of his Klavern. Tell me, what size sheet do you wear .. could it be ... "Queen" sized?

May 4, 2012 at 4:57 am |
    • sam stone

abcd: elderly people cannot reproduce, nor can sterile couples. should they be denied marriage?

May 4, 2012 at 7:21 am |
    • Primewonk

Mark seems to spend an inordinate amount of time fixating on, and fantasizing about man-on-man ànal sèx.

Hmmmmmmm

May 4, 2012 at 9:06 am |
    • MarkinFL

"Mark in the River" is practically salivating over the whole scenario. A truly tragic case.

May 4, 2012 at 9:36 am |
  20. BAN IT

IT NEEDS TO BE BANNED WORLDWIDE. IT'S A SIN AND AN ABOMINATION TO THE LORD ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE.

May 4, 2012 at 1:36 am |
    • Andrew

Lets also make Voldemort an illegal word, cause Harry Potter says so!

May 4, 2012 at 2:04 am |
    • tallulah13

There is more proof that people are born gay than there is proof of the existence of any god. If anything is unnatural, it is religion.

May 4, 2012 at 2:07 am |
    • *facepalm*

Are you referring to homosexual sex or poly-cotton blends?

May 4, 2012 at 2:09 am |
    • XD

Yes! Let's ban religion NOW! It's against GOD to have a religion! He wants to ban everything and religion is getting in the way again! If we don't ban it, he'll send us the Four Reiterative Kittens of the Apocalypse with Added Freshness!

And that would be BAD!!!!!!!

May 4, 2012 at 2:12 am |
    • Mirosal

If you watch infomercials, you know that at the beginning of the show they always have a disclaimer saying that the views expressed are solely those of the manufactuere. Let's make ALL religious broadcasts like that. Make them say at the start that the views herein are solely those of the speaker and have not been proven by any subsidiary or agency, and that nothing they say is guaranteed, and there is no money back policy. The following should not be watched by children or any sane person, Viewer discretion is advised.

May 4, 2012 at 2:18 am |
    • Common Sense

Correct. Man on man sex is an abomination. It goes against God's plans and it is in fact a sin. It is a known fact that this is a choice among those that do it. The proof is in prisons. Do you really think they're all gay in prison? NOPE. But they'll do things to each other in the showers anyway because they CHOOSE to. It's unnatural. Liberals are idiots that want to push their agenda on everyone else. We don't have to put up with it. If you want gay marriage, go to Canada or Europe or wherever. This is a Christian country, not a liberal atheist hellhole where we have to put up with democrats' stupid agendas. Don't like it? Get out of my country. Period.

May 4, 2012 at 2:23 am |
    • Mirosal

Common sense... you have none. Even our own President has said that we are NOT a X-tian nation. As far as prisons, guess how many of them claim to be X-tian? That's right, the VAST majority. So it's your own christards doing the ra-ping and sod-omy. Tell us, just how many Atheists are on tv EVERY DAY telling us to please send money to support them? How many Atheists are lobbying politicians to make, amend, or pass laws? There is no such thing as sin. Who do people "sin" against? The usual answer is your "god". There is no god, hence there is no sin. There are laws, and there is punishment if you break those laws. Ok, fine, I understand that. Being gay is NOT against the law. Don't like it? Then move to Iran or another theocratic state.

May 4, 2012 at 2:32 am |
    • *facepalm*

@CS

So everything you wear is 100% cotton right? You wouldn't mix fabrics and go against god's plan, since in his book he put that abhorent behavior on the same level.

I love the 'it's a Christian country' line. as if many, if not most christians don't already support gay marriage. And as if the vast majority of democrats aren't christian as well.

If you want a theocracy, go to Iran and Get Out Of My Country. Period.

May 4, 2012 at 2:34 am |
    • TruthPrevails :-)

@Ban It: How big is that bubble you reside in? There is nothing scientific that backs your bigotry. The book you read that makes these claims in 2000 years old...obviously they did not know too much back then and so the sheep herders that wrote it are expected to think like that, you on the other hand should burst from the bubble and learn some updated facts. People who are gay do not affect your life directly, so it is time you learned to mind your business and keep your nose out of peoples bedrooms. If you don't wish to sleep with someone of the same gender, then don't but don't be hypocrite and judge.

May 4, 2012 at 6:29 am |
    • sam stone

ban it: the secular laws of the nations of the world do not run according to the bible. stone any adulterers lately?

May 4, 2012 at 6:54 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

CHOICE is not a matter of science. Get your facts straight before you bother posting again.

May 4, 2012 at 6:54 am |
    • sam stone

mark: what makes you think that orientation is a choice? at what age did you make yours? To quote a phrase...."Get your facts straight before you bother posting again"...

May 4, 2012 at 6:57 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

We are all born straight. People make a CHOICE to be gay, period. It is a sin.

May 4, 2012 at 7:01 am |
    • sam stone

Okay, Marky-mark, support your claim that we are all born straight.

May 4, 2012 at 7:06 am |
    • A guy with a brain NOT below but WAY-UP high than my bossom

Perhaps gays are born gays but absolutely, NOT necessarily..to BECOME gays. It's still a case of MIND over MATTER but all depends on how you look at it.

It's just like how do you find Donald Trumph's hairstyle. If you you want it in your next visit to the saloon, then, it's your CHOICE!

May 4, 2012 at 7:24 am |
    • Madtown

Mark from Middle River
      We are all born straight. People make a CHOICE to be gay, period. It is a sin.
      ------
      Did you make a choice to be born with a limited intellect? No, that's the way you were created. Are you hetero? If so, when did you make the choice to be that way?

May 4, 2012 at 9:57 am |