home
RSS
June 12th, 2012

Pew survey: Doubt of God growing quickly among millennials

By Dan Merica, CNN

Washington (CNN) – The percentage of Americans 30 and younger who harbor some doubts about God’s existence appears to be growing quickly, according to a recent Pew Research Center survey. While most young Americans, 68%, told Pew they never doubt God’s existence, that’s a 15-point drop in just five years.

In 2007, 83% of American millennials said they never doubted God’s existence.

More young people are expressing doubts about God now than at any time since Pew started asking the question a decade ago. Thirty-one percent disagreed with the statement “I never doubt the existence of God,” double the number who disagreed with it in 2007.

Atheist organizer takes ‘movement’ to nation’s capital

When asked about doubts of God, no other generation showed a change of more than 2% in the past five years.

The survey found that the percentage of millennials who identify with a religion is remaining constant, while most other generations have seen religious identification increase in the past 10 years.

The findings about millennials and religion were part of a 168-page report that Pew released June 4 but were largely overlooked.

“Notably, people younger than 30 are substantially less likely than older people to say prayer is an important part of their lives,” the report said.

“Research on generational patterns shows that this is not merely a lifecycle effect,” it continued. “The Millennial generation is far less religious than were other preceding generations when they were the same age years ago.”

Atheist group targets Muslims, Jews with ‘myth’ billboards in Arabic and Hebrew

The findings are part of Pew’s 2012 American Values Survey, which touches on issues including political partisanship, gay marriage and abortion.

Despite the findings on millennials, the survey shows that the United States continues to be a highly religious nation, with most Americans identifying with a particular faith.

Seventy-six percent of all respondents said prayer is an important part of their lives and agreed that “we all will be called before god at the Judgment Day to answer for our sins.” About 80% said they have never doubted the existence of God.

The report points to a growing divide between the youngest and oldest Americans on belief, religion and social issues.

According to Jesse Galef, communications director for the Secular Student Alliance, the growth in “doubting” youths has led to a surge in secular student groups.

“For a lot of millennial atheists, they are expecting to find a group, they are coming to campus, and if they don’t find one, they are starting one,” Galef said. “This is completely different than what other generations grew up with.”

Atheist rally continues in spite of rain; students highlighted throughout

The Secular Student Alliance has affiliates on 357 American campuses, Galef said, up from 81 such affiliates in 2007.

Galef says the Internet has created a place for young people to discuss religious doubts.

“It enables anybody to have open discussions without fearing if their parents would find out or what their communities would say,” he said. "The more safe places we create for young people to discuss their doubts, the more they can inspire questions in others."

- Dan Merica

Filed under: Atheism • Polls

soundoff (4,013 Responses)
  1. Overnights are boring

So if god can do anything, can he create an object that is so heavy, he cannot lift it?

BAM!

June 13, 2012 at 3:57 am |
    • A. Lincoln

Your A$$.

June 13, 2012 at 3:57 am |
  2. zcpro

@A LINCOLN
    The description used above was illustrate the atrocities that mankind has done throughout history using religion as an instrument for justification.
    RELIGION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL EVIL!

June 13, 2012 at 3:50 am |
    • A. Lincoln

Can't disagree with that. I've said the same thing, but it is man that instigates war in the name of God......or who ever they happen to think is having this dream that we may be in. I've wondered about this a lot too. We don't really know where we came from, so how do we know what we are except by definitions we have created for ourselves in the first place.

June 13, 2012 at 3:57 am |
  3. truth

Isaiah 47 >>
    New International Version 1984

10You have trusted in your wickedness

and have said, ‘No one sees me.’

Your wisdom and knowledge mislead you

when you say to yourself,

‘I am, and there is none besides me.’

June 13, 2012 at 3:42 am |
  4. truth

No big suprise here!!! It was already predicted.

2 Timothy 3 >>
    New Living Translation

--------------------------–

The Dangers of the Last Days

1You should know this , that in the last days there will be very difficult times. 2For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred. 3They will be unloving and unforgiving; they will slander others and have no self-control. They will be cruel and hate what is good. 4They will betray their friends, be reckless, be puffed up with pride, and love pleasure rather than God. 5They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly.

June 13, 2012 at 3:35 am |
    • Get Real

truth,

Duh... so what else is new? People have behaved like that forever – ahem... the need for the Hebrews to come up with those old-timey Commandments way back when to try to keep the jerks in line.

June 13, 2012 at 4:28 am |
  5. miscreantsall

Interesting comments.

Belief is mostly based on faith and faith is sometimes just a feeling or a sense of………something greater?

What ever you call that "greater" thing…………….God, Allah, Jehovah, Yahweh, Buddha, Vishnu, Zeus, Odin, aliens, The Universe, the Big Bang………………does not matter. Faith, belief, spirituality, etc. is a personal and private thing.

As soon as you try to make it public, communal, start to congregate………you have religion and religion IS THE PROBLEM!!

Religion is man made. Just about anything extraordinary that we touch we corrupt.

June 13, 2012 at 3:35 am |
    • zcpro

You hit the nail on this one!

"The biggest culprits in this and the ones who share the most responsibility are Judaism, Christianity and Islam! The three of them should be tried in a Universal Court for CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY since the beginning of their existence."

RELIGION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL EVIL!!!

June 13, 2012 at 3:39 am |
  6. A. Lincoln

Well, I may not be in the 1% economically but I'm in the 2% God wise at age 60 and quite able to still think for myself. Color me agnostic at this point in my life and for some time now really. Something happened to put us here, without going into existentalism, but would a humble creator really WANT to be worshipped? For how many generations was the story of the Bible, and with all respect to Judaism and my own Jewish friends, in particular the Old Testament, handed down orally before being put to "paper?" We all know how stories change with every telling and these were ALL written down by human beings, in particular, men. I don't disprespect anyone for whatever they choose to believe. There's also something to believing we are so special that hints of a little arrogance on man's part. Thanks for listening.

June 13, 2012 at 3:32 am |
    • L8ON

God is described with many words, but I don't think humble is ever among them...

June 13, 2012 at 3:40 am |
    • A. Lincoln

To L8ON, then why did Jesus teach humility if he wasn't the son of God.

June 13, 2012 at 3:52 am |
    • Supra

You said "want". Words like "want" and "purpose" and "will" lose their meaning if you're using them to describe an omnipotent being.

June 13, 2012 at 4:19 am |
  7. Truth and Legend

I agree 100%. Science supplies evidence, and helps us find the Truth.

Based on your response I take it you feel I am attacking you. I assure you that I am not. As I previously stated, "In a lot of cases it eventually sticks...". You are indicating you that are not one of those cases. I do not dispute that, and my statement was not intended as an insult to anyone's beliefs. Some people have experienced enough in life to read between the lines, while others have not, but may eventually given enough time.

Perhaps I wasn't clear in what I feel Prayer is. I will try to clarify my meaning. Einstein, the great scientist, worked with what he called 'The Thought experiement'. He spent many hours focusing, or meditating, his thoughts on a particular topic, and other related thoughts would eventually come to him, helping him to better understand and work through a particular problem. Another person might focus their thoughts on wanting a new car, and through the process of contemplation, they may figure out a way to make it happen.

Prayer, thinking, contemplation, meditating, in my opinion they are one in the same. Just like a car is a vehicle and an automobile. They have different labels, but same underlying meaning.

My opinion is only that. My opinion. I am only sharing for those who might relate.

June 13, 2012 at 3:24 am |
    • Truth and Legend

*facepalm*

/mistell

This was meant as a reply to another post:(

June 13, 2012 at 3:26 am |
    • ScienceSoma

Sounds like you are talking about the law of attraction. I am sure there is some truth to a human being more likely to achieve a solution, a goal, or material object when they focus much of their thoughts on it, but there does not seem to be anything mystical there, just solid practice of motivation.

June 13, 2012 at 3:34 am |
    • Truth and Legend

I agree 100% ScienceSoma!

I actually studied the Law of Attraction, a few years back, and I got the same impression. It's another religion based on "If you think about something long enough, the universe will magically bring it about."

But I later learned to believe it's inverted meaning as you described it – That if you focus your thoughts on something long enough you gain a certain confidence/understanding and will to go after it or figure it out, whether it's in one large step or many smaller steps.

What's that old Back to the Future quote? "If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything":)

June 13, 2012 at 3:47 am |
  8. zcpro

@God's Kingdom
    You are in need of medical intervention

June 13, 2012 at 3:19 am |
    • CW

A lobotomy? But that would require a brain the first place...

June 13, 2012 at 3:21 am |
    • zcpro

RELIGION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL EVIL!

It goes something like this: My GOD has a bigger dick than your GOD. He will kick your GOD's ass! If you don't believe in my GOD you'll be on a one way trip to hell. Oh but first I have to kill your father, brother and rap eyour sister and kill yourmother....In gods name amen

June 13, 2012 at 3:30 am |
    • A. Lincoln

Only man's thoughts and beliefs can make anything evil, because the comparison takes you right back to....guess who? G-O-D, and this from an agnostic like myself. Think about it, logic says that your statement about religion being evil requires and opposite to compare to. Sorry. It is man that is "evil."

June 13, 2012 at 3:35 am |
  9. Gregg

I think organized religion in general, especially religious fundamentalists, may be becoming their own worst enemy. They try to claim that they know what god or the gods is/are, they claim to be the exclusive means of attaining some kind of reward of afterlife, but there are many many specific groups, all claiming the same thing.

June 13, 2012 at 3:18 am |
    • A. Lincoln

....and when you think about it, there is no right or wrong, well not in a rational person's mind anyway. The zealots will tell you other wise, which they also believe is their "job." I raised my children exposed to church and Sunday school, but at the same time I taught them that they can and should think for themselves but keep an open mind to others ideas. If the whole world would just get this simple little thing "right" we would all be a lot better off. Religion is becoming too involved in our politics in this country one way or another and THAT is dangerous. It should be a non issue.

June 13, 2012 at 3:42 am |
  10. zcpro

To my friends that say we all burn in hell for our bad deeds. Umm read below:
    Hallucinations are often present and fuel delusions. The schizophrenic may hear voices that are not there. They may also see things that don’t exist. These additional voices or visions may cause the schizophrenic to feel helplessly trapped, as he or she cannot distinguish between what is real and what is not real.

June 13, 2012 at 3:16 am |
    • A. Lincoln

If YOU have actually read anything ABOUT the Bible (not the book itself) you should know, for example, that it is very possible that while John The Baptist was imprisoned he was starved and possible driven partly mad, hallucinations would be no surprise. I'm not disputing your statement, but I somehow doubt whether you had rever seen this bit of information yourself. Either way, yeah, some of these visions and such....man, eat the wrong plant and who knows what will happen and then you go telling other people equally ignorant (I didn't say stupid, that's different) all these stories. I mean, look what people believed in the time before recorded history. There was a God for everything......so they were wrong? Who knows. People ought to learn to let other people believe what they want, nobody said you have to associate socially with people you don't agree with.

June 13, 2012 at 3:51 am |
  11. Dan

Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation” (2 Peter 3:3-4).

June 13, 2012 at 3:14 am |
    • CW

No actually, sorry to burst your bubble, but we mock you because you can't think for yourself. You have a man-made book and an individual who reads out of that book do that part for you once a week.

June 13, 2012 at 3:24 am |
    • PFUI

People have been mocking your fantasy tale since it was first being spread around. Get real.

June 13, 2012 at 3:25 am |
    • sam stone

Wow, Dan, nothing more impressive than a quote from a book. Very well done, and very convincing (for people who accept the validity of the book).

June 13, 2012 at 3:36 am |
  12. Red

It's really a matter of trust...a lot of people don't trust any written word in the Bible; they call it a money/power-making scheme forged by the early church. They will trust virtually anything else though. Nobody would claim that, say, Galileo weren't real because we trust historians: the evidence of Galileo's existence was not forged. The paranoia is astounding.

June 13, 2012 at 3:14 am |
    • CW

You can prove Galileo existed. You can't prove your supernatural friends exist.

June 13, 2012 at 3:20 am |
    • Red

Prove to me that Galileo existed; or Sacagawea; or Nero without putting your trust in someone else's works. Hey, I'm not saying that I believe in the Bible...I'm just saying when it comes to calling the Bible a Church scam, it seems a little bit unfair.

June 13, 2012 at 3:27 am |
    • CW

There's this thing called bones, and graves. We kind of use those for the dead. I'm sure if you vehemently insist, the Italian authorities will let you dig him back up. Don't you just love facts? But I'm sure you have no need for those.

June 13, 2012 at 3:35 am |
    • Get Real

Galileo's existence is well doc.umented and verified. What matters more though, is if the facts which he purported are verified. The ones that are verified are the ones that are important and useful (other than maybe learning something from his errors too). Supernatural "facts" from the Bible = unverified.

June 13, 2012 at 3:37 am |
    • sam stone

As is the arrogance, Red

June 13, 2012 at 3:38 am |
    • Red

For someone who is demanding some proof, you proved absolutely nothing there. So when the Italian authorities dig up some bones for me, how do I know they're Galileo's? I have to trust them, right? I suppose we can pull some DNA, go to the police database, and match it with Galileo's...he should be in there, right?

June 13, 2012 at 3:50 am |
    • ScienceSoma

@Red – it is quite possible that Socrates did not exist, but that does not change the wisdom one may gain from reading his works. The major difference is it does not matter whether Socrates existed or not, whereas, according to many, the existence or nonexistence of the Biblical God character, or Jesus Christ has direct bearing on my existence and how I may spend an eternity. So, your comparison is not apples to apples because of the weight of the claim or lack thereof.

June 13, 2012 at 4:08 am |
    • Red

@ScienceSoma All I'm saying is that it seems unfair to call it a Church-scam when we put our trust in other people's works all the time. Because this particular work is hard to believe, we don't trust anyone on it. You're right, Socrates' teachings and that which is presented in the Bible are by no means on the same plane as far as what convictions people take from them. But we put our trust in life-altering things all the time. The way we view nature, history, relationships...we take people's word for it (because we see those things every day). Other humans are a nice net to live on, apparently just not when it comes to God (because we don't see them, and if we don't see them, why should we believe anyone else?).

June 13, 2012 at 4:22 am |
  13. LAIBACH

JESUS IS COMING... LOOK BUSY.

June 13, 2012 at 3:04 am |
  14. The Believer in the Unknown

I have never doubted the existence of god because I believe something had to create us. Yes, I know you're saying evolution and the big bang but what created that. Something had a plan and carried it out. What i have doubted are these books of religion being the basis of religion. I have a hard time believing that these books were handed down without corruption. I believe they have been corrupted to make people act in a certain way. E.i slaves obeying your master in the bible. I do believe in a savior, whether he came and is coming or just coming i dont know. But the world is too evil and chaotic to not believe. I believe that staying morally righteous and talking to god is all that is needed to reach paradise. Peace and love

June 13, 2012 at 3:00 am |
    • ScienceSoma

What created God? If you answer"nothing" or "God always was", why is it you arbitrarily can assign eternal being to the God idea? There is nothing logical about your assuming God's existence because you personally cannot think of any other explanation. This is the argument from ignorance. (I am not calling you ignorant, it means your argument is an assumption based in ignorance of the subject matter.)

June 13, 2012 at 3:03 am |
    • CW

If you're claiming that something had to create something, then what created your "god?"

June 13, 2012 at 3:03 am |
    • The Believer in the Unknown

I usually get this question to my explanation. Maybe "god" is the conscience of the universe. Maybe god is always here. We don't know but explain this where did the contents to make the big bang come from. Was it always here? My whole point of my explanation is that instead of fighting over specifics we should all be charged with being good. And that is the important thing in life but i do want to here your answer. Maybe is easier fore you to disprove god than for me to prove it.

June 13, 2012 at 3:33 am |
    • sam stone

how do you make the logical leap from a creator to a savior?

June 13, 2012 at 3:41 am |
    • ScienceSoma

In order to disprove a god, you must first define what that god is. Since I am not the one making the claim of what god is, I cannot posit the characteristics of a being that may or may not exist. So, the burden of proof lies with the believer. As to what came before the big bang, no one is claiming to know the answer to that for certain, but science is comfortable with an open question that requires an answer, religion must fill all knowledge gaps with "God". It is quite possible our universe is one of many and there is a multiverse comprised of universes, in which case the question would be the origin of the multiverse. There is also a theory by Dr. Lawrence Krauss that states (and I am paraphrasing) that the universe could have come from nothing (physics nothing, not common conversation "nothing") as evidenced by the total sum of all the universe's energy being zero. My point is, at this point in our understanding, god is not the best fit to explain the occurrence, but 500 years ago he was the best option humanity had with what they knew.

June 13, 2012 at 3:43 am |
    • adrifter

You sound like a thoughtful person. I still disagree with almost everything you said. Most of all, I cannot understand the argument that there has to be a creator. Why is that? It's simply thinking of things in human terms. Isn't it much simpler to think that the universe always existed and never had a creator, than to think there is some power that created it all (and is exempt from the rule that everything has to be created because that god has existed forever and will exist forever.) The universe is much more complicated than simply being the creation of a god. How anyone can believe in a god amazes me. Humans don't have all the answers yet about the universe and maybe never will, but there is no need to fill that gap in knowledge with myth.

June 13, 2012 at 3:56 am |
    • The Believer in the Unknown

500 years ago people believed that the earth was flat until some disproved it. And the dr.'s theory is just a theory. Just like mine about god. I'm not claiming to know what god is. Or how the universe starte d but I'm just saying its hard to believe something came from nothing ( even in physics). And my logical leap from a creator to a savior is based on the idea that this creator has a conscience and would leave his sheep looks forever.

June 13, 2012 at 4:00 am |
    • ScienceSoma

Sam Stone's question is very relevant. There is a huge logical chasm you have to leap over to justify a connection from a creator god (deism) to a a savior god of the Bible. Huge. And in the process, you have to prove the Biblical savior god is the clear winner over all other gods posited by other civilizations.

June 13, 2012 at 4:13 am |
  15. Derrick, Atlanta

How is "god" defined? Maybe math, physics, chemistry, etc. are characteristics (or functions) of god, and science and engineering are organized religions. At the end of the day though, the fact that we're arguing god's existence... proves that it indeed exists. The nature of that existence is just a matter of perception. Kinda funky isn't it?

June 13, 2012 at 2:56 am |
    • Varlund

Just because you can imagine something and discuss it does not make it real.

June 13, 2012 at 2:58 am |
    • ScienceSoma

Derrick's Logic:
      1. I claim to see a unicorn
      2. Derrick argues my claim and insists unicorns do not exist
      3. This argument proves the existence of unicorns

June 13, 2012 at 3:05 am |
    • Derrick, Atlanta

Can you agree that infiniti and imaginary number i are also imaginary? I use infiniti and imaginary numbers pretty often when I'm performing electromagnetic calculations, they produce very "real" results. Whose to say that god can't be defined the same way that infiniti and imaginary number i are defined?

June 13, 2012 at 3:19 am |
    • CW

...if you work daily with electromagnetic calculations and can't figure out the difference between them, then you're clearly hopeless. /facepalm

June 13, 2012 at 3:30 am |
    • Varlund

I don't often bother repeating myself, but:

Just because you can imagine something and discuss it does not make it real.

ideograms, imaginary concepts, representative imaginary constructs, including math, are all in your head.
      Your imaginary god is not outside your head.
      That's just one of the ways we know your god is imaginary and not actually real.

June 13, 2012 at 3:34 am |
    • Derrick, Atlanta

Let me just say that I'm not religious. I just believe that it's a bit myopic and arrogant to say that there is no organizing/disorganizing force in the universe outside of our control. And when random and original things happen every nanosecond we shrug our shoulders and point to either statistics or to the bible to explain them.

June 13, 2012 at 3:35 am |
    • Varlund

I wonder if I'm even getting through to you.

You are clearly schizophrenic. You are unable to understand and figure out what is real and what is not.

Schizophrenia is like that.
      No matter how many times the masks are pulled off, you desperately want your imagination to be real at some level.

You would have done well as a medicine man fooling idiots suffering from malnutrition, but I don't live in a grass hut.

June 13, 2012 at 3:54 am |
    • Derrick, Atlanta

Ok, for the sake of closure...

"You argued up above that being able to discuss a god's existence automatically becomes proof that that god exists."

The fact that "god" such has real influence on people minds and lives is testament that god exists. The problem is, how do you define god? When you define it as a form of ignorance or hallucination that gives rise to missionaries, jihadists, and the like, then that's what god is and does. It's not that hard. By talking about, you're forced to define it in some way.

"Then you tried arguing that being able to imagine something meant that it becomes real simply by imagining that it becomes real and is somehow therefore real."

You're misunderstanding me. If math leads to the engineering of an aircraft, math is real. If wind leads to a leaf being moved, the wind is real. If "god" leads to people quitting drugs or blowing themselves up, I have to say that god is real. Unicorns and gremlins, on the other hand, have no viable connection to the real world like the other examples.

"Now you are pretending you didn't say those things up in your original post and think that when you perceive something to be "organized" or "disorganized"...and that somehow your assumption of these baseless claims means that your ideas of "organization" automatically mean there is an intelligent being controlling everything and that this is some sort of "fact" to you."

I never said there was an "intelligent being" controlling everything. I just believe there is an ongoing storyline of the universe that humans can't control or predict. How can you disagree with that?

June 13, 2012 at 6:06 am |
  16. Overnights are boring

the funny thing is, the nut jobs that believe in an all seeing, all powerful being, that somehow created everything (which apparently doesent include dinosaurs, or any other life in the entire universe) would call me, a believer in the ancient astronaut theory, Crazy. i hope i live to see the day religion dies in America. The horrible things that have been done in the past in the name of religion should be enough to get rid of it already, but you, the crusades are "water under the bridge"... what a croc!

June 13, 2012 at 2:42 am |
    • Tonytor53

The Believer:
      We are making a lot of progress in Regenerative Medicine, we are growing neurons in the lab. There is hope that you may still get a brain in your lifetime. I have an MD, PhD and MS. I choose to believe in God.

June 13, 2012 at 3:08 am |
    • CW

If you had a brain in the first place, you would be using it. That means using intelligence and reasoning. Not being enamored by emotional fantasies about imaginary friends.

June 13, 2012 at 3:17 am |
  17. God's Kingdom

Answer:
    There is no need for insults and abuses! I happen to be highly educated; Such education and degrees that you will never attain.

June 13, 2012 at 2:38 am |
    • Answer

So you claim.. I've heard that often but your kind always fail at everything. Loser.

June 13, 2012 at 2:39 am |
    • *facepalm*

So, you don't want people to insult you, so you insult other people by claiming they can't be as smart as you?

Are you the pot or the kettle

June 13, 2012 at 2:43 am |
    • Varlund

Being an expert in a fairy tale is nothing to be proud of, son.

June 13, 2012 at 2:45 am |
    • CW

That's a cool story bro...I didn't realize they handed out degrees in BS. Oh wait, you probably do have plenty of those, I'm sure.

June 13, 2012 at 3:08 am |
    • ScienceSoma

Degrees like Ken Ham and Kent Hovind? I am an employed scientist and I work with plenty of PhDs who lack the capability for applying critical thought outside their field. What is your point?

June 13, 2012 at 3:11 am |
  18. Sued

Nuke a gay whale for Jesus...

June 13, 2012 at 2:24 am |
  19. j

God will have the final say...soon...

June 13, 2012 at 2:21 am |
    • Answer

More than 10,000 years and counting.. still funny everyday you morons say it. XD

June 13, 2012 at 2:25 am |
    • preacherman

I hope the final word is ponies. I like ponies.

June 13, 2012 at 2:29 am |
    • *facepalm*

I think the final word will be practically incomprehensible. Then we call all argue and start wars over what the real meaning is.

June 13, 2012 at 2:41 am |
    • Varlund

Your imaginary god can do nothing because it is not real.

June 13, 2012 at 2:59 am |
    • CW

My cat says she'll be having the final word. She's a pretty stubborn cat, mind you.

June 13, 2012 at 3:12 am |
    • sam stone

'the sky is falling, the sky is falling" – chicken little

June 13, 2012 at 3:43 am |
  20. sandcanyongal

The earth is as close to god if there were a god. Organized religion provide stories and guidance to succeed in society, nothing more, nothing less. The earth is the jewel of our galaxy and us bad monkeys continue to trash the wondrous gift given to all the lives. Religion teaches nothing at all about respecting the planet. It is a fatal shortcoming of all religions.

June 13, 2012 at 2:19 am |
    • Answer

Fantasy land sure is sweet.

June 13, 2012 at 2:26 am |
    • ArdDruid

Not all religions failed to teach about taking care of the planet, I am thinking the Native Americans primariiy. However a lot of the eastern religions, Buddihism for one, teach a oneness with the earth. The Judeo-Christian Islamic religions are the big failures.

June 13, 2012 at 3:03 am |