home
RSS
June 12th, 2012

Pew survey: Doubt of God growing quickly among millennials

By Dan Merica, CNN

Washington (CNN) – The percentage of Americans 30 and younger who harbor some doubts about God’s existence appears to be growing quickly, according to a recent Pew Research Center survey. While most young Americans, 68%, told Pew they never doubt God’s existence, that’s a 15-point drop in just five years.

In 2007, 83% of American millennials said they never doubted God’s existence.

More young people are expressing doubts about God now than at any time since Pew started asking the question a decade ago. Thirty-one percent disagreed with the statement “I never doubt the existence of God,” double the number who disagreed with it in 2007.

Atheist organizer takes ‘movement’ to nation’s capital

When asked about doubts of God, no other generation showed a change of more than 2% in the past five years.

The survey found that the percentage of millennials who identify with a religion is remaining constant, while most other generations have seen religious identification increase in the past 10 years.

The findings about millennials and religion were part of a 168-page report that Pew released June 4 but were largely overlooked.

“Notably, people younger than 30 are substantially less likely than older people to say prayer is an important part of their lives,” the report said.

“Research on generational patterns shows that this is not merely a lifecycle effect,” it continued. “The Millennial generation is far less religious than were other preceding generations when they were the same age years ago.”

Atheist group targets Muslims, Jews with ‘myth’ billboards in Arabic and Hebrew

The findings are part of Pew’s 2012 American Values Survey, which touches on issues including political partisanship, gay marriage and abortion.

Despite the findings on millennials, the survey shows that the United States continues to be a highly religious nation, with most Americans identifying with a particular faith.

Seventy-six percent of all respondents said prayer is an important part of their lives and agreed that “we all will be called before god at the Judgment Day to answer for our sins.” About 80% said they have never doubted the existence of God.

The report points to a growing divide between the youngest and oldest Americans on belief, religion and social issues.

According to Jesse Galef, communications director for the Secular Student Alliance, the growth in “doubting” youths has led to a surge in secular student groups.

“For a lot of millennial atheists, they are expecting to find a group, they are coming to campus, and if they don’t find one, they are starting one,” Galef said. “This is completely different than what other generations grew up with.”

Atheist rally continues in spite of rain; students highlighted throughout

The Secular Student Alliance has affiliates on 357 American campuses, Galef said, up from 81 such affiliates in 2007.

Galef says the Internet has created a place for young people to discuss religious doubts.

“It enables anybody to have open discussions without fearing if their parents would find out or what their communities would say,” he said. "The more safe places we create for young people to discuss their doubts, the more they can inspire questions in others."

- Dan Merica

Filed under: Atheism • Polls

soundoff (4,013 Responses)
  1. Flamespeak

Being an Atheist is considered 'hip' and 'edgy' now-a-days.

I am not shocked at the younger folks jumping on the bandwagon, however, I also won't be shocked when those numbers are radically different in the opposite direction in a couple of years when it becomes 'passe' to be an Atheist.

This is coming from someone who has been considered an Atheist for the past 20 years.

June 14, 2012 at 4:54 am |
    • Mark

As societies develop, becoming wealthier and more educated, they become less religious. This trend is not unique to the USA, it is observed around the world. In a couple hundred years the majority of the developed world will not be religious.

June 14, 2012 at 6:24 am |
    • Flamespeak

@ Mark

Wealth has about zero to do with it. Unless you consider the average populous of Russia, China, Estonia, and Vietnam to be have substantial wealth.

June 14, 2012 at 6:37 am |
    • Mark

Those countries are mostly non-religious because their governments denied religious freedom, either current or historical.

June 14, 2012 at 6:47 am |
    • Flamespeak

Even countries that deny religious freedom still have a large percentage of religious followers though, Mark.

June 14, 2012 at 6:57 am |
    • WASP

@flame: privet. mozhne gavarit pa-ruski? nyet........i didn't think so; trust me i know first hand russia is religious from western style religions to jewish and eastern orthodox so yeah very religious even if the government once tried to deny religion.

June 14, 2012 at 7:04 am |
    • Flamespeak

@WASP

The last official study I read had something around 50% of the Russian populace declaring itself irreligious.

June 14, 2012 at 7:08 am |
    • Just Claims, No Truth

Flamespeak,

You are right in that anyone who does not vet their beliefs by actually looking at why they believe what they believe will be more likely to get sucked into whatever is the "in" thing.

June 14, 2012 at 9:28 am |
    • Pastapharian

Disagree. Atheism or agnosticism is a conscious choice brought about by critical thinking and reason. It will result on less indoctrination and brainwashing of children in future generations. Progress, and finally some hope for the human race.

June 14, 2012 at 9:45 am |
    • Which God??

@Flame. talk out of your butt much? You are now a 'born agin? You found gawd? Which denomination did you chose? Careful, you have to get just the right 'christian' one, as only one of them is correct, though all will ask for money and tell you they are the only way to heaven, valhalla, paradise, promised land, etc, etc.

June 14, 2012 at 1:47 pm |
  2. Pastapharian

Oh my!

June 14, 2012 at 2:42 am |
  3. Elias

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

June 14, 2012 at 1:29 am |
    • tallulah13

Best. Prayer. Ever.

June 14, 2012 at 1:36 am |
    • Which God??

@ Elias.This is terrific.

June 14, 2012 at 1:48 pm |
  4. clive

I personally believe God. I bellieve it was really a Big Bang when He said, "Let there be light". I'm a mechanical engineer and is mostly annoyed by the presence of entropy in my calculations and much more by the presence of evil amidst good. I believe that God created man in His image having freewill but not at that time having knowledge of good and evil thus, making us perfect above all creatures and not as robots made by man. However, we fell on the wrong side of freewill and the consequence of sin is death and separation. God can't do anything but to separate Himself because if He reached out, we would all be consumed by His holiness, much the same if one would think of an anti-matter or radiation. So, He formulated a solution, one that would contain Him, entering time and space, to save us all, taking form of a man to be sacrificed and see death so that He can take the keys of Hades and carry out those who have died away with Him and those who live with a promise of reconciliation. Much the same has He opened salvation to all, forgiving sins of the past, present and future. Science is merely a realization and Technology a reinvention of what He has already done. No man can ever boast of something in this world because all is already perceived before time. Jesus did not establish a religion, check the new testament. Nor can you find "Christian" in the original Bible. He came so that we can have hope to live a perfect and loving life knowing that we can never attain it but has also given us grace so that we can come to Him anytime we want. There is a reason why God hasn't given us enough evidences to prove His existence and that reason merely lies on our endless arguments and perceptions about Him through time. We can't contain Him by our human minds. Much more of science which holds vast studies. There is a reason why the Jews won't write His name. The same with Muslims who always pray five times a day. We all yearn to experience Him in different ways. May be one day all of us whether Atheist, Jew, Muslim or Christian will be asked by God, "Who do you say that I am?".

June 13, 2012 at 11:58 pm |
    • nope

Nope.

June 14, 2012 at 12:01 am |
    • nope

Lol! No evidence of god because our human minds can't contain it!?

June 14, 2012 at 12:04 am |
    • Cq

nope
      If our human minds can't contain it, how does anybody come to know that God exists?

June 14, 2012 at 12:16 am |
    • GodFreeNow

I usually recommend lsd for christians, but it seems like you're already on your trip. Enjoy.

June 14, 2012 at 12:31 am |
    • Primewonk

You'd think that an engineer would have had at least a basic science course in high school or college? The early universe was much too hot and much too dense for there to be visible light. The universe had to cool and expand for 300,000 years before there was visible light.

I wonder why your god said "let there be light" when it was impossible for there to be light? Kind of like when he said he created the heavens and earth first and then the rest of the universe. I wonder why he was unable to understand how wrong he was? The earth didn't form for 9,000,000,000 years after the first stars formed.

You'd really think an engineer would understand these things.

June 14, 2012 at 8:46 am |
    • Just Claims, No Truth

1. Even if we 'fell' on the wrong side of free will, we didn't have it until we had knowledge. So you god set up a situation and did a really bad jod.

2. This is one big rationalization in order to get mesh your intellegence with you religion.

3. God is anything but all-powerful in your scenerio and how is what you are doing any different than just making up your own mythology to fit what you WANT to believe.

June 14, 2012 at 9:21 am |
  5. Skeet Lord

A few questions should help shed light on the relationship between religion and rational thought.

The completely absurd theory that all 7,000,000,000 human beings are simultaneously being supervised 24 hours a day, every day of their lives by an immortal, invisible being for the purposes of reward or punishment in the “afterlife” comes from the field of:

(a) Children’s fairytales;

(b) Medieval mythology;

(c) New age pseudo science; or

(d) Christianity

You are about 70% likely to believe the entire Universe began less than 10,000 years ago with only one man, one woman and a talking snake if you are a:

(a) historian;

(b) geologist;

(c) NASA astronomer; or

(d) Christian

I honestly believe that, when I think silent thoughts like, “please god, help me pass my exam tomorrow,” some invisible being is reading my mind and will intervene and alter what would otherwise be the course of history in small ways to help me. I am

(a) a delusional schizophrenic;

(b) a naïve child, too young to know that that is silly

(c) an ignorant farmer from Sudan who never had the benefit of even a fifth grade education; or

(d) your average Christian

I have convinced myself that gay $ex is a choice and not genetic, but then have no explanation as to why only gay people have ho.mo$exual urges. I am

(a) A gifted psychologist

(b) A well respected geneticist

(c) A highly educated sociologist

(d) A Christian with the remarkable ability to ignore inconvenient facts.

Millions and millions of Catholics believe that bread and wine turns into the actual flesh and blood of a dead Jew from 2,000 years ago because:

(a) there are obvious visible changes in the condiments after the Catholic priest does his hocus pocus;

(b) tests have confirmed a divine presence in the bread and wine;

(c) now and then their god shows up and confirms this story; or

(d) their religious convictions tell them to blindly accept this completely fvcking absurd nonsense.

I believe that an all powerful being, capable of creating the entire cosmos watches me have $ex to make sure I don’t do anything “naughty”. I am

(a) A victim of child molestation

(b) A r.ape victim trying to recover

(c) A mental patient with paranoid delusions

(d) A Christian

The only discipline known to often cause people to kill others they have never met and/or to commit suicide in its furtherance is:

(a) Architecture;

(b) Philosophy;

(c) Archeology; or

(d) Religion

What is it that most differentiates science and all other intellectual disciplines from religion:

(a) Religion tells people not only what they should believe, but what they are morally obliged to believe on pain of divine retribution, whereas science, economics, medicine etc. has no “sacred cows” in terms of doctrine and go where the evidence leads them;

(b) Religion can make a statement, such as “there is a composite god comprised of God the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit”, and be totally immune from experimentation and challenge, whereas science can only make factual assertions when supported by considerable evidence;

(c) Science and the scientific method is universal and consistent all over the World whereas religion is regional and a person’s religious conviction, no matter how deeply held, is clearly nothing more than an accident of birth; or

(d) All of the above.

If I am found wandering the streets flagellating myself, wading into a filth river, mutilating my child’s genitals or kneeling down in a church believing that a being is somehow reading my inner thoughts and prayers, I am likely driven by:

(a) a deep psychiatric issue;

(b) an irrational fear or phobia;

(c) a severe mental degeneration caused by years of drug abuse; or

(d) my religious belief.

Who am I? I don’t pay any taxes. I never have. Any money my organization earns is tax free and my own salary is also tax free, at the federal, state and local level. Despite contributing nothing to society, but still enjoying all its benefits, I feel I have the right to tell others what to do. I am

(a) A sleazy Wall Street banker

(b) A mafia boss

(c) A drug pusher; or

(d) A Catholic Priest, Protestant Minister or Jewish Rabbi.

What do the following authors all have in common – Jean Paul Sartre, Voltaire, Denis Diderot, Victor Hugo, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Immanuel Kant, David Hume, René Descartes, Francis Bacon, John Milton, John Locke, and Blaise Pascal:

(a) They are among the most gifted writers the World has known;

(b) They concentrated on opposing dogma and opening the human mind and spirit to the wonders of free thought and intellectual freedom;

(c) They were intimidated by the Catholic Church and put on the Church’s list of prohibited authors; or

(d) All of the above.

The AIDS epidemic will kill tens of millions in poor African and South American countries before we defeat it. Condoms are an effective way to curtail its spread. As the Pope still has significant influence over the less educated masses in these parts of the World, he has exercised this power by:

(a) Using some of the Vatican’s incomprehensible wealth to educate these vulnerable people on health family planning and condom use;

(b) Supporting government programs that distribute condoms to high risk groups;

(c) Using its myriad of churches in these regions to distribute condoms; or

(d) Scaring people into NOT using condoms, based upon his disdainful and aloof view that it is better that a person die than go against the Vatican’s position on contraceptive use.

June 13, 2012 at 11:36 pm |
    • Pastapharian

This is fantastic! Thank you.

June 14, 2012 at 1:40 am |
    • DoplegAtheist's Coffee and Pasta

@Skeet

How are you related to Colin and Reality?

June 14, 2012 at 6:37 am |
    • ¡El Desafio!

Thank you. We should have a beer.

June 14, 2012 at 9:04 am |
    • Which God??

@ Skeet. Point. Set. Match.

June 14, 2012 at 1:49 pm |
  6. Roelof

Plato a philosopher in his time wrote that when you find the shadow, you'll know there's light. Science today is all about thinking how stupid things are because you've got light outside the shadow and you've got dark within. People who don't believe reason from out their perspective and think that believe is something stupid. Sometimes when your perspective is equal, you should try to believe to get the right angle. When there's nothing you should understand that there's something. When you see the dark, you should know that there's light. Or when there are clouds, there might be a sun above. I believe Love is the motor. Believe – action – result. When people believe love is something that's a product of rules, I would say rules itself don't mean anything, because rules are made up by human, moral is something else.

June 13, 2012 at 11:23 pm |
  7. Areli

I only believe in the Elohim as our creators (Intelligent Design) and our prophet Rael Maitreya. rael. org

June 13, 2012 at 11:22 pm |
    • howart Dao

Believe in Rael is just as DELuSional as those extreme Xtians, Mzlims

June 13, 2012 at 11:25 pm |
    • Erich

Raelians are beautiful people with a philosophy supported by love and science. Raelians understand an atheist intelilgent design by extraterrestrials, through advanced genetic engineering. I suggest to any conscious person, that before criticising a person or a philosophy, to first read about them, without any biass, and the only way to do that is by reading directly from its original souce, which in this case would be Rael´s book "Intelligent Design, message from the Designers". Rationally speaking those who criticize without having read the original source would be considered the real delusionals 🙂 Love to all 🙂

June 14, 2012 at 12:04 am |
    • Which God??

A Claire 'Prohet' follower, Eh? Dumber yet.

June 14, 2012 at 10:27 am |
  8. abir doron

belive god/raelian/

June 13, 2012 at 11:10 pm |
    • Just Claims, No Truth

I have heard of you guys. You are just as wacky as any other religion, but in a cute way.

June 13, 2012 at 11:39 pm |
  9. abir doron

belive god

June 13, 2012 at 11:09 pm |
  10. Erich

The question in the poll was confusing, I don´t doubt the existence of god because I don´t have to doubt something that does not exist! The simpler question would be to put do you believe in God? Yes No. I don´t believe in God, like I don´t believe in santa Claus. This poll is biased. Please do it again, as many atheists will have the same confusion.

June 13, 2012 at 10:32 pm |
  11. 1word

I believe there is after life because I actually experienced seeing Angels coming to me and annointing me to become a Priest. After the encounter, my knowledge and understanding of Gods word was improved. I hate to see people be deceived, the Devil is going to take a lot of lost souls with him to Hell. Heaven and Hell is real man, I just hope the Blind find their sight before it's too late.

June 13, 2012 at 10:30 pm |
    • ingenuous

When you claim something exists the burden falls on you to prove it. You don't ask your critics to prove it doesn't exist. You can't prove something doesn't exist but you can prove something does exist. Prove the universe isn't really just a fart from a being we can't grasp. See how this works?

June 13, 2012 at 10:54 pm |
    • 1word

I can only do what God ask me to do and that's to preach the Gospel. I can't prove to you God exist, YOU HAVE TO PROVE IT TO YOURSELF. Do what God ask, Seek him with all your heart, Love him with all your Heart, Mind and Soul and you'll PROVE IT TO YOURSELF. I guarantee you, you will see the Light!

June 13, 2012 at 11:19 pm |
    • Cq

1word
      The problem with your argument is that you can prove any crazy thing to yourself, if you try hard enough, or if you just so happen to be crazy too.

June 14, 2012 at 12:05 am |
    • Madtown

-----–
      That must've been some bender! Did you quit drinking the very next day? And, a priest of what persuasion, simple-mindedness?

June 14, 2012 at 3:14 am |
    • Mark

If you were born in the Middle East you would have thought they were Allah's angels and be even more convinced Islam is true.

There are Muslims, Hindus, Jews and many others who have the same type of exerience you do who are then convinced their religion is the one truth.

June 14, 2012 at 6:20 am |
    • WASP

@1word:"I believe there is after life because I actually experienced seeing Angels coming to me and annointing me to become a Priest."

love it.
      1) looking at the anatomy of an angel and taking in effect airodynamics, such a creature is truly in every sence of the word impossible to exsist. it would be too heavy for flight even if it had hollow bones just due to the mass of it's muscles to move such large wings. not to mention if you look at the placement of the wings they couldn't even get off the ground, they would only be able to push themselves backwards across the ground.
      2) if you're going to pull the spiritual card on the angels, then why would they have wings at all? spirits aren't subject to the theory of gravity thus don't require wings to fly.
      3) if a "god" made these creatures he did a horrible job. if angels exsist, they can't fly, thus their wings serve no purpose. if the wings serve no purpose then they are for decoration, if they are decoration then it proves god is flawed or sadistic to make them carry those things around. no perfect being would create an imperfect product.

June 14, 2012 at 7:25 am |
    • Which God??

Yes, I have 1word for you. Moron.

June 14, 2012 at 10:29 am |
  12. Luc

pas de dieu mais Elohim dans la Bible et le dernier prophete sur terre es parmi nous le Maitraya Rael

June 13, 2012 at 7:56 pm |
  13. Luc

no god Elohim in the Bible but I am proud to be the last of the Raelian the Prophet Rael Maitraya

June 13, 2012 at 7:54 pm |
  14. Dani3l

Doubt is good. It leads to philosophical inquiry. God would not have given us reasoning minds if we were not meant to be curious, questioning and rational.

June 13, 2012 at 7:52 pm |
    • Cq

Dani3l
      So, God created us with the mental ability to realize that He doesn't really exist? Interesting!

June 14, 2012 at 12:09 am |
    • Chastisedqúeer

Nope, He gives us free agency. We can freely choose to believe Him or not or do whatever we want but not the consequences it brings.

June 14, 2012 at 6:50 am |
  15. ingenuous

1word, as far as I know when I die I will decompose and my energy will be redistributed. I believe that is it. I can prove it no more than any living person because I am alive. I don't fear death enough to cause me to believe in a fairytale. What many fail to realize is this makes me appreciate life much more because I only have this time. It also makes me value other peoples' lives much more. I don't want to run into battle that will mean certain death because I don't think there are virgins waiting for me on the other side or my dead loved ones or anything else.

June 13, 2012 at 6:35 pm |
    • mandarax

I think you you can prove (demonstrate) that bodies decompose and energy is dispersed. That is what we know happens for certain. Organic chemistry and forensic anthropology provide a huge amount of information on what happens when a body dies. It is anything beyond that knowledge that is an extraordinary claim that requires extraordinary evidence (of which there is little or none). We can't actually prove or disprove that anything else happens when we depart because, of course, nobody gets out of here alive.

June 13, 2012 at 6:47 pm |
    • 1word

Yes our bodies decomposes but what about your Spirit. Maybe, you believe we don't have spirit.

June 13, 2012 at 6:58 pm |
    • ingenuous

Yes, I don't believe in spirits. That is why I said I believe that is it. I can't prove that is the end but the burden isn't mine. I am not the one proclaiming there is a life after death, the burden of proof falls on the one making the claim.

June 13, 2012 at 7:11 pm |
    • 1word

Nope the Burden falls on those saying there is no after life. I believe there is after life because I actually experienced seeing Angels coming to me and annointing me to become a Priest. After the encounter, my knowledge and understand of Gods word was improved. I hate to see people be deceived, the Devil is going to take a lot of lost souls with him to Hell. Heaven and Hell is real man, I just hope the Blind find their sight before it's too late.

June 13, 2012 at 10:29 pm |

understanding

June 13, 2012 at 10:29 pm |
  16. 1word

Can the Atheist tell me what happens when we die? Is that the end, can you prove it? LOL

June 13, 2012 at 6:10 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Can you tell me what happens when we die? Can you prove it?

June 13, 2012 at 6:11 pm |
    • JWT

I don't care what happens when I die.

June 13, 2012 at 6:12 pm |
    • One one

Yes. It's the same as before you were born. That wasn't so bad was it ?

June 13, 2012 at 6:14 pm |
    • Brother Maynard

Can the Atheist tell me what happens when we die?
      our bodies decay
      Is that the end, can you prove it?
      yes, dig up any grave
      ( may want to do that secretly ... fyi it is against the law )

June 13, 2012 at 6:15 pm |
    • 1word

I figure you guy could use your Science Books to prove it.

June 13, 2012 at 6:15 pm |
    • One one

Unfortunately, there are lots of things science has not discovered yet. But think about it. What makes more sense? You end up like it was before you were born. Or you rise to heaven, sit on a cloud, play a harp and hang out with Jesus. I understand lots of people fear death, but that doesn't make the myth of life after death real or true. What makes more since to you?

June 13, 2012 at 6:22 pm |
    • 1word

One One I believe in the later, I experienced Jesus Christ visiting me personally. It's like I told you, when you seek God with all your Heart Mind and Soul, he will reveal himself to you. The gift of Salvation isn't easy, it starts with FAITH.

June 13, 2012 at 6:31 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

1word, ball's in your court. Do you know what happens when we die? Can you prove it?

June 13, 2012 at 6:35 pm |
    • Kristine

I think it is to forget that you ever existed, but unlike you, I don't need to "prove" anything. I am willing to step into the unknown without preconceived ideas, just as I did when I was born. Do you have that kind of courage?

June 13, 2012 at 6:37 pm |
    • One one

@1word: I suspect your experience of Jesus visiting you was something that happened only in your mind. Do you have any reason to believe it was anything other than that?

June 13, 2012 at 6:41 pm |
    • Lurker

1word: "I experienced Jesus Christ visiting me personally."

Darn, so the second coming of Christ came to you personally? I missed the memo apparently. Tell him to drop us all a line next time you "personally" visit him.

June 13, 2012 at 6:46 pm |

One one
      I went to the Lord in Prayer in tears about a situation that was going on in my life. I pleaded to be near him because I was feeling disconnected. There are times we will feel disconnected from God, actually right now I feel it. If you read the story of Jesus, you will see where he was lead up in the Wilderness and tempted by the Devil. This is the disconnection we feel, it's like being lost in the Wilderness. Anyway, that night I went to sleep and Jesus came to me in my Dream. I suggest Seeking God, some people who turn away from Religion don't give God their all to experience the Spirit world. It will freak you out but it's AWESOME!

June 13, 2012 at 7:04 pm |

1 Peter 2:9

King James Version (KJV)

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

June 13, 2012 at 7:07 pm |
    • One one

@1word, so did this experience give you strength, and help you deal with challenges in your life ?

June 13, 2012 at 7:07 pm |

One one
      Yes, it cemented my Faith in God. There's no one that can make me believe God isn't real, I have had Angels come and visit me in my room. No Joke man, I'm SAVED so I can't lie. God doesn't like Liars.

June 13, 2012 at 7:09 pm |
    • One one

@1word. This is my take on your experience. I don't believe in gods or anything supernatural for that matter. I believe, rather than a mythical Jesus, YOU helped your self. And if YOU did it then, YOU have it in you to summon your own internal strength to effectively deal with the challenges you may be facing again.

This is an important distinction. Because there is no doubt that YOU are real. Whether god's are real, or not, is a matter of debate. But there is no question that you are real and that you have what it takes to deal with life's challenges.

June 13, 2012 at 7:26 pm |
    • PRISM 1234

JWT
      "I don't care what happens when I die."

Oh, how foolish human beings can be, especially those who think of themselves to be of "superior" intelligence! LOL!!!

June 13, 2012 at 9:10 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

@PRISM

Continuing to make veiled threats from your immoral religions doctrine. Why not just say what you mean PRISM?

June 13, 2012 at 9:12 pm |
    • Just Claims, No Truth

An eskimo asks a priest

'If I did not know about god and sin, would I go to hell?'
      The priest says 'No, not if you did not know'
      the eskimo says 'Then why did you tell me?'

June 13, 2012 at 9:40 pm |
    • PRISM 1234

Hey, HG,
      Why do you say I'm making "veiled" threats? Is this what you feel when I speak the truth about Jesus Christ, that He came to convict the world(people in it) of SIN, RIGHTEOUSNESS and JUDGMENT?
      Do you feel threatened?.... No need to answer, friend! .... You KNOW what is inside of you, but the love of Self, and sin that's in your heart, which you won't let go of, is damning your soul.
      So, you'll do anything to throw mud with vengeance on anyone who shines light on your "hidden fortress" inside of you...
      But you can't run from God, friend, no, not ever. To Him it is that you will have to answer, and without Christ Jesus , man, your destiny is Hell.
      No hate here, just hard, uncoated Truth.
      Can you take it, or will you duck behind another cowardly shield parroting "you're judging" at me?
      You'll wish to God that it was I who would judge you on your day when you stand before your Maker... because I couldn't do it, but HE the Righteous Judge CAN and HE WILL!
      And that , friend is not a veiled threat, but stern warning. You can scream, kick and fume all you want, but that won't change a thing. Either – God through His Son Jesus Christ, or – eternity with Satan and his demons, with innumerable company of all the damned souls who have done the very thing you and the rest of the proud God-rejectors are doing here now! You have one of most dangerous things in your possession now, while you still have time: YOUR FREE WILL, and CHOICE. But what you do now, will determine your souls destiny. The truth spoken here hurts man's ego and his pride, but it hurts much less then what will in eternity without Christ! And that's a promise!!!

June 13, 2012 at 9:42 pm |
    • PRISM 1234

JCNT
      Priest lied! He knew the Scriptures, and if he didn't know any other but Gospel of John chapter 1, it would have been sufficient! But no one becomes a priest, not knowing the Scriptures.....

June 13, 2012 at 9:47 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

"But, you will care, you surely will, and wish to God you cared while you still had time!"

Do you mean by this statement that god will give me a spa.nking? We all know what your doctrine states will happen, and your assertion that non-believers will wish we cared if god was real draws the strong implication of the subject of hell. If you are to cowardly to say what you mean, then you have no leg to stand on and lecture me about anything. Then again PRISM, you don't really care about people anyway, only about yourself, so I wouldn't expect honesty from you.

June 13, 2012 at 9:54 pm |
    • Just Claims, No Truth

Prism,

The preist has just as much basis for that interpretation as you do for yours.....none.

June 13, 2012 at 10:03 pm |
    • Just Claims, No Truth

"I speak the truth about Jesus Christ, that He came to convict the world(people in it) of SIN, RIGHTEOUSNESS and JUDGMENT?"

Prism,

Just for kicks lets say you are correct in your view of god.

He is then an asshat and I wouldn't worship him anyway. Might does not make right. I wouldn't treat my worst enemy the way you claim your god is going to treat us which makes him an immoral pri.ck.

June 13, 2012 at 10:07 pm |
    • PRISM 1234

"Just for kicks lets say you are correct in your view of god.

He is then an asshat and I wouldn't worship him anyway"

So you say you wouldn't worship God anyway, hm? But you don't mind worshiping satan, making him your lord and master. Because whether you know it or not, you're the servant of satan who has wrapped you in his lies and built his fortress in you, so that what ever he wants you to do you do it, following him blindly.....but all the while he is telling you you are free!
      God is not a dictator. He is a merciful Father. But the master you obey is cruel, and he cares not for your soul. If you only knew, you poor blinded soul....IF YOU ONLY KNEW! !!

June 13, 2012 at 10:26 pm |
    • Just Claims, No Truth

"But you don't mind worshiping satan, making him your lord and master."

Prism,

Your delusional thinking is really dangerous. If you truly think that those that dont follow your faith are you and your gods enemy I challange you to prove it by killing us Satan worshipers, if you are not willing to do gods work you don't really believe it. You are a complete nutcase.

June 13, 2012 at 10:35 pm |
    • PRISM 1234

Jesus said that he, the enemy is the one who steals, kills and destroys. But he, Yeshua, the Messiah of God, Christ our Saviour came to give us life and give it more abundantly . So, you see, it is not I who is the"nutcase", but the one who twists the Word of God and throws mud at His character and and of His people.
      God's people do not go around killing, it's those who ar in the grip of satan the father of lies, who makes them do what ever he wants them to do, even under the banner of religion. Bu my God says , "let the wheat grow up together with the chaff lest the weather be pulled out while attempting to get rid of weeds."
      Then at the end of the harvest, He, the Lord who knows real from impostors , and wicked from the righteous, HE WILL purge! And HE will repay to everyone according to their works. And all those who love justice truth and righteousness will be glad on that day, when He will brings His rule of Justice to this corrupt world, which knows no justice and perverts everything that is good! And woe is to those who will find themselves in the enemy's camp on that Day!

June 13, 2012 at 11:02 pm |
    • Just Claims, No Truth

And then you don't even take reponsibility for calling me a satan worshipper, no its not your fault, it is just the teaching of your god who you have no proof even exists. Where do you think the idea of 'demonizing' others comes from? It you christians. You are a bunch of immoral jerks who use your beliefs to justify every every immoral action. Even if a god does exist you have no idea what he thinks of me or others, but you are so pompous you THINK you do.

Here is what I think and you can't prove me wrong. God gave us reason and he is going to punish those like yourself who have unfounded beliefs and he is going to award those of us who have used our intellect to come to the conclusion that it is better to withold belief until such time that it is actually warranted, he does this because his real objective is to make us as rationally logical as possible. It actually makes more sense than the idea that a cosmic Jewish Zombie, who was his own father, can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh, drink his blood and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

Now get on your knees because Jesus is coming and he needs you to swallow.

June 13, 2012 at 11:29 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, Piper's Son

Did anyone of even noticed that I'm here?

June 14, 2012 at 7:00 am |
    • JWT

prism – you are so full of bs. Believe me or pesish – a life and gospel of threats – pure proof that you and your god are both bs.

June 14, 2012 at 7:16 am |
    • JWT

In fact prism now that I think about your belief of your god indicates that stalin and most of the worlds most murderous tyrants would fel right at home with him.

June 14, 2012 at 7:31 am |
    • HawaiiGuest

@PRISM

Your constant assertions of idiocy show the true shallow nature of your mind. You cannot think for yourself, and revel in the thought of eternal torture. You have given up your empathy, humanity and humility in favor of blind acceptance of contradictory and illogical positions.

June 14, 2012 at 2:23 pm |
    • PRISM - II

"And all those who love justice truth and righteousness will be glad on that day, when He will brings His rule of Justice to this corrupt world, which knows no justice and perverts everything that is good! And WOE is to those who will find themselves in the enemy's camp on that Day!"

What a blessed day that will be!

June 14, 2012 at 5:39 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

@PRISM 1234

And back to the idiocy and ignoring other posts to merely post your drivel. Continue reveling in sadistic doctrines, all you do is alienate those around you, and hopefully you'll just fade away from any population that you could potentially inject your poison into.

June 14, 2012 at 7:42 pm |
    • PRISM 1234

HG
      If anyone here is spewing poison, it's you buddy! You are turning green with hate. And it's all because you hate the truth, despising everyone who faces you with it. But you WILL FACE YOUR MAKER, and to Him YOU WILL have to answer. There is no way around it. Either with Christ, to your salvation, or without Him, to your condemnation.
      Is this what's making you boil inside and lash out in hate?
      Why do you hide behind your cowardly shield, saying, I'm the one who hates? Your spirit is hateful, and your words are dipped in poison, it's obvious ....and you say it's me!
      You are a coward HG! A real yellow coward! And it looks that you have plenty of company here! ......They say, misery loves company..... it sure looks like it!

June 14, 2012 at 10:54 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

@PRISM

Considering that you don't even actually address any points made, it seems like you're the coward. You cannot honestly defend your own position, so you just toss around idiotic statements that have absolutely no evidence to back it up, and not even a logical foundation to think it's even possible or necessary. Continue your self-righteousness PRISM. Continue to show your pride, and if I were you I would hope I was wrong, because according to your own doctrine, you might be headed down with a lot of others.

June 14, 2012 at 10:58 pm |
  17. 1word

I feel bad for the children that has to grow up in the house of a Atheist.

June 13, 2012 at 5:59 pm |
    • One one

Why?

June 13, 2012 at 6:01 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

I feel bad for children whose parents didn't teach them to write. Go tell your mommy to help you now.

June 13, 2012 at 6:01 pm |

Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son
      May God have Mercy on your soul! How's that?

June 13, 2012 at 6:03 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

It's wrong. "Mercy" isn't capitalized unless it's someone's name or the first word in a sentence.

Thanks for playing.

June 13, 2012 at 6:04 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Apparently, you need to crack open more than just that science book, dearie.

June 13, 2012 at 6:05 pm |
    • GodFreeNow

My first question is, why? Do you know what it's like to grow up in an atheist home? My daughter has everything she could possibly want. She has a great imagination so we treat all fantasies equal and have a lot of fun with them. As an artist myself, I encourage this kind of creative behavior.

My second question is, I wonder how many former christians like myself feel the same kind of dread when thinking about a child raised in a religious house. A place that discourages scientific reasoning.... A place that finds philosophy and education tips in a 2k year old book.... A place that fills a child's mind with the horrors and tortures of hell if they don't comply.... A place where you are taught that others that don't believe like you are wrong without providing any evidence to "why they are wrong"... this is truly a terrifying thought to me.

June 13, 2012 at 6:06 pm |
    • 1word

Your kids may have everything now, but when you die you will realize how dumb you was by not believing in God.

June 13, 2012 at 6:08 pm |
    • One one

Wouldn't you feel better if you didn't have to worry about being sent to hell by god because you discovered that they are both myths and don't really exist?

June 13, 2012 at 6:08 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Comedy gold.

June 13, 2012 at 6:09 pm |
    • JWT

Your concept of hell 1word does not apply to pepole other than those that believe exactly as you do. It certainly does not apply to the athiests.

June 13, 2012 at 6:14 pm |
    • Ruff

@1word,

Is you sum kind of hillbilly or sumthin'?

June 13, 2012 at 6:19 pm |
    • GodFreeNow

@1word, When my family dies we will all be in the same place. Whether you believe in heaven/hell or end of existence, we will be together. So, why is that bad again?

Maybe instead of fantasizing about your imaginary retirement plan in the sky, you should focus on how every single day is precious and may be the last one you have. I don't love my daughter thinking I'll have eternity with her. I love her knowing that right now might be the last change I ever get to express that to her. Which love do you think is more real and powerful?

June 13, 2012 at 6:21 pm |
    • Kristine

The parents I know who are atheists are enthusiastic about their children learning comparative religion.

June 13, 2012 at 6:38 pm |
    • fred

GodFreeNow
      Our world has only known a world view that was based on God or some form of eternal accountability over the last few thousand years perhaps longer. As a atheist you not only are conducting a godless experiment on your own child but promoting a mass world-wide experiment of godlessness.
      All I can say is God help us all.

June 13, 2012 at 6:55 pm |
    • fred

TomTom
      Sorry, that would be "an atheist".

June 13, 2012 at 6:56 pm |
    • Jen

Well I was raised by atheist parents and they couldn't have done a better job. I am raising my children the same and they are the kindest and smartest kids I know.

June 13, 2012 at 6:59 pm |
    • GodFreeNow

@fred, A worldwide experiment of godlessness based on evidence mind you. As opposed to continuing the fantasy meme that has no evidence whatsoever.

Anyway, from our previous discussions you'll know that even if there were a god, if he were anything like his stories claim he is, I'd still choose not to worship such a ent.ity of moral failing and immaturity.

June 13, 2012 at 7:05 pm |
    • fred

Jen
      That is great!
      What is the purpose of your existence?

June 13, 2012 at 7:06 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

fred, what's the purpose of your life?

Can you cite any proof that atheists are less ethical than believers? Can you prove that believers always behave morally?

June 13, 2012 at 7:07 pm |
    • Jen

The purpose of my life is to be happy, continuously educate myself, raise healthy happy children that will be kind to others and positively contribute to the world, love my wonderful husband and beautiful girls (and baby I am expecting) unconditionally, and to relax and enjoy as many moments as possible with friends and family. Life is short and I dont take that for granted. So far so good.

June 13, 2012 at 7:13 pm |
    • fred

GodFreeNow
      What evidence? The only superpower you or your family has known is America in the last 200 years. That superpower was lead by a Christian which is no accident unless you wish to claim coincidence. This year’s election will also assure that regardless who gets elected the world remains at the hand of one who fears God.
      If you wish to point at some small country that is protected by America the model only exists because another ent-ity is keeping the big picture in check.
      It is a pipe dream to assume a false reality where man has the ability to lay down its base lusts in the name of the greater good. There cannot be a greater good without agreement on what is good. Agreement on what is good requires a higher authority that both parties agree on.
      God help us all !

June 13, 2012 at 7:16 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Who says the "authority" must be God, fred?

Who says that men will not act for the greater good unless there's a god telling them what the greater good is? Do you really think that if religion didn't exist at all, chaos would ensue?

And why haven't you told us what your purpose is?

June 13, 2012 at 7:19 pm |
    • Bob

Too funny, seeing fred try to use the word 'evidence'. Fred, you haven't the slightest idea what evidence means.

Fred, as for superpowers, America is greater than god, which is pretty easy because your god doesn't exist.

June 13, 2012 at 7:20 pm |
    • fred

Tom Tom
      According to the Bible even the “chosen ones” fall short and according to Christ who is good but God. Puritans served a purpose in time as did Stalin and Mao but there was a continual battle between the forces of good and evil over the ages. I was suggesting we do not have a different world view than this. An atheistic world or all Christian World is at odds with what we know. God put the whammy on that idea at the Tower of Babble. At the physical level and biological level we observe the need for counter balance to achieve stability. It is in the design (some say intelligent design).

June 13, 2012 at 7:33 pm |
    • GodFreeNow

@fred, I know for creationists that think the world is 6k years old, 200 years must seem like a long time. Allow me to address some of your logic holes.

1) America was not a superpower for 200 years. In fact, it was barely escaping bankruptcy for most of that time.
      2) Roman, Greek, Chinese... govts were all superpowers for much longer and had a variety of other gods.
      3) Your assertion that man cannot lay down his baser lusts for the greater good, can only be accepted if you ignore Buddhism which teaches precisely that and has been practiced by millions since before the time of jesus. It's called, altruism. Look it up. You might learn something.
      4) You have to be ignoring the statistics out there that show that atheist are more generous than religious people. We do good for the sake of good. In that sense, we are more connected to the root of morality. We don't do things because our daddy told us to, or because we might get punished if we don't. We're not looking for a reward, or trying to trick the system. We love, for the sake of love. We give for the sake of giving.

June 13, 2012 at 7:46 pm |
    • fred

Tom Tom
      If you and I disagree that disease is a good thing to control the human population we need a third party. That party must be one that both of us believe has authority on the issue before we change our position. Where do we go for an authority to solve the disagreement over what is moral. You would defer to an individual or group of individuals and I would defer to Christ. We will have a stand- off which is the design (intelligent perhaps) to avoid excessive swings in morality. God is necessary for good to prevail.

My new purpose is to be more like Jen.

June 13, 2012 at 7:49 pm |
    • GodFreeNow

@fred, and another thing...

This whole superpower thing is about as nonsensical as the god thing is. I'll give you some examples. I live in J.apan now. When I moved here, the rate was 118¥ to $1. Now, it's 78¥. In my book, that makes you about 33% less "super". Also, look at the clean up aftermath of one of the greatest disasters of all time which happened here last year. Now compare it to New Orleans after hurricane Katrina, or ground zero of the World Trade Center. 11 years later, still trying to recover that one location. Finally, just do a comparison of education test scores, life expectancy and happiness quotients.

China and India are the fastest growing markets in the world. They've had metropolises shoot up in the last 10 years. I wouldn't base my evidence of a god on being a superpower. Otherwise you may find yourself needing to convert to Hindu or Buddhism.

June 13, 2012 at 7:54 pm |
    • fred

GoodFreeNow
      God, gods and karma all with accountability outside of ourselves and our lifetimes was still the core belief of societies you mentioned. We do not know a godless world. A godless world is a pipe dream or illusion never witnessed and exists in the same plane as Paradise for some.

“We do good for the sake of good. In that sense, we are more connected to the root of morality.”
      =>Christians are to do likewise so no difference in connectivity. Jesus spent a lot of time explaining it is a heart issue not an outward appearance issue.

June 13, 2012 at 8:05 pm |
    • fred

GoodFreeNow
      The Bible indicates a global economy with the Beast running the show at the End of Days. End of Story.

June 13, 2012 at 8:11 pm |
    • Just Claims, No Truth

Fred,

My 6th grade teacher, a Nun, spouted the same BS. Whether you think it or not the spreading of this supersti.tious bs is child abuse. You have no basis other than the flawed interpretations of an extremely flawed book and it makes me sick to my stomach that people like you spew this non-sense to others.

June 13, 2012 at 9:55 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

fred, if that little fairy tale is the best argument you can manage, you might as well throw in the towel. You haven't shown that atheism will result in less ethical behavior among individuals or groups at all.

June 13, 2012 at 9:58 pm |
    • zeyn2010

Kids who grow up without dogma will be the ones to take humanity to other galaxies – not the ones who are told not to question anything and taught God created everything!

June 13, 2012 at 10:51 pm |
    • GodFreeNow

@fred, I really had no idea your delusions ran so deep until you started spouting "end of days" nonsense. So first you use America being a superpower as evidence of god. Then you use the superpower in decline as evidence of god. If I point out that most of the other christian nations in the world are some of the poorest people on the planet, no doubt, you will use that as evidence of god.

Your statement about never having lived in a god free world is nonsense. The evidence suggests that that's all we've ever lived in. Just because people believe something, doesn't make it true. I live in a god free universe, you live in a god free universe. The only difference between us is that I have evidence that points me in this direction. All you have is supersti.tion.

June 13, 2012 at 11:29 pm |
  18. One one

One out of three under the age of 30 doubt the existence of god.

WE ARE FINALLY MAKING PROGRESS !!!

Now, it's just a matter of time.

June 13, 2012 at 5:48 pm |
  19. 1word

Only a fool who claims to be wise would say there is no God. If the Sun was a mile closer to the Earth we would be cooking on the earth. God is amazing, his work is a WORK OF ART!

June 13, 2012 at 5:40 pm |
    • Anie

1word, please open a science book and read it. Your arguement is flawed. The Earth's orbit has a slight wobble, our distance does fluctuate, as does the diameter of the sun. We haven't burned up yet!

June 13, 2012 at 5:43 pm |

Anie
      Science is for fools who don't want to believe in God. God created Science, he created all things.

June 13, 2012 at 5:45 pm |
    • Brother Maynard

1word sez:
      "If the Sun was a mile closer to the Earth we would be cooking on the earth"
      Hmm since you didn't reference this claim it is hard to believe, but I highly doubt it.
      Actually since I live in Denver ... I AM a mile closer to the sun ... doing just fine thankyou.

June 13, 2012 at 5:46 pm |
    • Brother Maynard

"he created all things"
      evil is a thing. god created all things therefor god is evil

June 13, 2012 at 5:48 pm |
    • One one

Do you consider birth defects, cancer, cholera, and typhus to be gods works of art?

June 13, 2012 at 5:50 pm |
    • dmgb

I'd say it's more of a work of science than of God.

June 13, 2012 at 5:50 pm |
    • Anie

Apparantly god created idiots, too.

June 13, 2012 at 5:51 pm |
    • One one

Speaking of the sun, no one doubts it's existence. If god exists and wants us to believe in him, why doesn't he make his existence as obvious to everyone as the sun is ?

June 13, 2012 at 5:55 pm |
    • Brother Maynard

Just some more info
      At its nearest point on the ellipse that is the earth's orbit around the sun, the earth is 91,445,000 miles from the sun.
      The earth is farthest away from the sun on July 4 when it is 94,555,000 miles from the sun. Approx 3 million miles difference. JUST a BIT more than 1 mile that 1word quoted above

June 13, 2012 at 6:03 pm |

One one
      It's not that easy buddy, you have to EARN your way into Heaven. In order to believe in God you must have Faith. Faith is believing in something you can't see, once you learn that you will be on the right path to Salvation.

June 13, 2012 at 6:06 pm |
    • GodFreeNow

@Brother Maynard, Yeah, I love how they fill these disciples with flawed doctrine and then send them out into the world to defend it. The typical "one mile closer" argument is a gem you'll hear straight from your enlightened pastor's mouth. Little do the sheep know about the time bomb ticking in their brain, waiting until they engage with the real world.

June 13, 2012 at 6:10 pm |
    • GodFreeNow

@1word, Faith is pretending to know things you don't.
      [youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp4WUFXvCFQ&w=640&h=360]

June 13, 2012 at 6:11 pm |
    • Kristine

I hate to tell you, but the earth's distance from the sun varies, and more than just by a mile, because it's orbit is not circular, but elliptical.

June 13, 2012 at 6:39 pm |
    • Just Claims, No Truth

"If the Sun was a mile closer to the Earth"

Another lie, the earth is on an eliptical orbit which varies by much more than a mile. Education expensive? Try ignorance...

June 13, 2012 at 9:59 pm |
    • cmews

1 mile closer, hey? Well, consider this: The Earth's orbit around the Sun is an ellipse, not a circle. At it's furthest, the Earth is approximately 152 million km from the Sun and 147 million km at closest. That's a difference of about 5 million km...little more than 1 mile don't you think? Your argument suggests that you are not even slightly concerned with reality. Please stop being so intellectually lazy. The information is there for you to find out for yourself.

June 13, 2012 at 10:30 pm |
    • JD's Song

@Anie

"Apparantly god created idiots, too."

Yes, and apparEntly it's you and you fellow atheists. Good thing there's only HANDFUL of your kind. You're immaterial and insignificant that the whole world could care less whether you and your kind exist or not.

June 14, 2012 at 7:10 am |
  20. Justin

I like how it seems a lot of people around my age question the idea of a magical being in the sky.

June 13, 2012 at 5:24 pm |
    • 1word

If there is no God explain why the why we have Gravity on Earth but there's no Gravity on the moon? Why aren't there any other intelligent life forms on any other planets in our solar system? Why does the Earth have everything we need to sustain life?

June 13, 2012 at 5:43 pm |
    • Anie

and again, 1word, a science book would help. The Moon does have gravity, just not the same as ours. The Moon has less mass than the Earth, thus less gravity.

Evolution clearly explains how life adapted to the environment it which it survives. Please, please, go educate yourself. Now.

June 13, 2012 at 5:48 pm |
    • PRISM 1234

Seeing all the wonders of creation, on earth and in the Universe, and to believe that all of it really just came out of nothing... anyone who really believe this, is truly a fool!

June 13, 2012 at 5:49 pm |
    • 1word

Anie, it's been a minute since I took a Science class but I know God is real. I know all these things in your Science Book was created by GOD. lol Now Go Educate yourself on the TRUTH!

June 13, 2012 at 5:51 pm |
    • dmgb

And you believe God came out of the nothingness to create everything? That makes you sound like even more of a fool.

June 13, 2012 at 5:52 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

So because we don't know how the universe began, you two boneheads conclude that it must have been created by an invisible being?

Why?

June 13, 2012 at 5:53 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

1word, you doofus, we don't yet know where else life may exist. Furthermore, life exists here because we adapted to survive in this atmosphere. Not the other way around, you bozo.

June 13, 2012 at 5:54 pm |
    • One one

@word: you know everything in a science book yet you didn't even know the moon has gravity. You sound like a 9 yo.

June 13, 2012 at 6:00 pm |
    • JWT

@1, 1 Remember some people are created just to make the rest of us look good.

Keep up the good work 1word.

June 13, 2012 at 6:19 pm |
    • Kristine

No gravity on the moon? Surely you are joking. Our astronauts walked on the moon (due to science – nobody from the Bible did it!). The moon has LESS gravity than the earth, but it has gravity.

June 13, 2012 at 6:40 pm |
    • 1word, 0 information

good god, man. Read a book. (not the bible). There are some fine answers to these things.

June 13, 2012 at 6:52 pm |
    • Bet

"If there is no God explain why the why we have Gravity on Earth but there's no Gravity on the moon?"

Hahahahaha!

June 13, 2012 at 7:32 pm |
    • Cq

1word
      If the Earth didn't have everything we needed to sustain life, then either life wouldn't have evolved here, or life would have evolved differently to match what conditions there were. Simple.

June 14, 2012 at 12:30 am |