home
RSS
Unbelieving preachers get help to 'come out' as open atheists
Minister-turned-atheist Jerry DeWitt speaks at ReasonFest in Kansas earlier this year.
June 13th, 2012

Unbelieving preachers get help to 'come out' as open atheists

By Dan Merica, CNN

(CNN) - Jerry DeWitt entered the ministry when he was 17, launching a 25-year career as a Pentecostal preacher. He traveled all around his home state of Louisiana, preaching and ministering wherever he could.

All these years later, DeWitt, 42, is still on the road, and now takes his message all over the United States. But the nature of that message, along with his audience, has changed dramatically.

DeWitt is now an avowed atheist, and his audiences are made up of religious “nones,” the growing number of Americans who are atheist, agnostic, humanist or just plain disinterested in identifying with a religion. Today, DeWitt preaches a gospel of disbelief.

During his speeches, he talks about the process of leaving his preacher job. “If you don’t believe, then you will be like me - you’ll suddenly find yourself where you only have two choices,” DeWitt told a group in Johnson County, Kansas, earlier this year.

“You can either be honest that you don’t believe ... or you can pretend that you do,” he said. “Which is what so many people are doing and that is called faith.”

CNN’s Belief Blog: The faith angles behind the biggest stories

The transition from preacher to outspoken atheist has not been easy, and DeWitt is trying to smooth the way for other former believers. He is executive director of Recovering from Religion, an organization founded in 2009. Its slogan: “Thousands of organizations will help you get INTO religion, but we’re the only one helping you OUT.”

But a relatively new effort goes a step further than his own group by focusing on helping clergy in particular. In March 2011, a coalition that includes national groups such as American Atheists, the Freedom From Religion Foundation and the Richard Dawkins Foundation helped launch the Clergy Project, which is aimed at giving doubting and atheist preachers a community in which they can talk about their disbelief.

The program's ultimate goal: to help unbelieving preachers to “come out” in real life.

A safe online community

The Clergy Project’s key component is a private online community of active and former pastors discussing their conversions to lives of active disbelief. It lets congregational leaders come out anonymously, using an alias.

“It is important to focus on any group of people who are in a lot of pain,” said Linda LaScola, a co-founder of the Clergy Project. “That is why the Clergy Project exists, and it wouldn’t be growing if there wasn’t a need for it.”

When it launched last year, 52 clergy signed up for the online community, according to LaScola. A little more than a year later, 270 members are contributing to the message boards and connecting anonymously with one another.

Follow the CNN Belief Blog on Twitter

According to LaScola, the community includes some rabbis, imams and Catholic priests, but the majority are Protestants.

Members are barred from disclosing what is discussed on the boards, but DeWitt said it’s a blend of humor, advice and encouragement. DeWitt, who left his congregation just over a year ago, is considered the group’s first graduate.

“It gave me confidence to come out,” DeWitt said of the Clergy Project. “Knowing that I was not alone, that I was not a fluke, that I was not a freak of religious nature, but that this is a process; it most definitely gave me confidence and a purpose.”

Jerry DeWitt, far right, in his days as a minister.

DeWitt said that after connecting with people on the message boards, he realized he faced fewer obstacles than some others who are trying to leave the ministry. For example, DeWitt's wife and son already knew about his disbelief, while other questioning preachers had not yet told their families.

“I think it is important when you are struggling that you talk it out, that you write about it, that you find support,” said Teresa MacBain, acting executive director of the Clergy Project. “I still try to reach out to people who are questioning, who are doubting, clergy people and laypeople alike, and let them know they are not alone, that there are people who care.”

How does he feed his family?

For 44 years, MacBain was involved in some sort of ministry, from organizing worship music to being a senior pastor at a Methodist church in Florida.

At a recent American Atheists convention in North Bethesda, Maryland, MacBain first publicly announced her atheism, inspiring a roaring round of applause. American Atheists President David Silverman walked onstage and hugged her as MacBain began to cry.

"I was the one on the right track, and you were the ones that were going to burn in hell," MacBain told the crowd. "And I'm happy to say as I stand before you right now, I'm going to burn with you."

She said she sees plenty of growth potential in the Clergy Project. In the near future, she said she hopes to incorporate it as a nonprofit and begin raising funds for clergy who have decided to leave ministry jobs. She also wants to compile a group of employment recruiters to help former clergy find new jobs.

DeWitt, for his part, is struggling financially and said his house could be foreclosed on in the next few months.

For former preachers in search of work, their old skills can be hard to translate into new fields. What references do former ministers use if they have disappointed their congregants by leaving the pulpit?

MacBain said that some “formers,” as she calls ex-clergy, have left their hometowns for new jobs in fields ranging from radio to counseling.

To aid those transitions, Recovering from Religion has started the Clergy Professional Relief Fund, dedicated to “helping ex-ministers have a soft landing after coming out of the ministry.” Though little money has been collected so far, the hope is to help former ministers with job training and relocation expenses.

“Even if you have a degree in divinity, that doesn’t really mean anything,” DeWitt said. “That is the biggest fear that a nonbelieving clergy member has. How does he feed his family?”

Losing faith, losing friends

As a young fresh-faced minister, DeWitt was first confronted with his disbelief when he “became the person who got the burden of preaching about hell,” he said. “I really loved the people I preached to, I loved them like family. So imagine preaching that if you don’t do this, you are going to burn in hell. That wasn’t easy for me.”

After doubt about hell, DeWitt began to research other schools of thought about God and belief. He began to develop other doubts, about certain biblical translations and about healing.

“The next big issue was the failure of prayer,” DeWitt said. “People are passing away, whenever we pray for them to live. People aren’t getting jobs, whenever we pray for them to have jobs.

“The harder we tried to alleviate suffering within our church, it seemed like the worse things got,” he said. “It didn’t seem like prayer made any difference. It just continually crushed my heart.”

When DeWitt decided to come out as an atheist, some in his congregation appeared shocked.

“I was very heartbroken actually because his family means so much to me; they are actually like family,” said Natosha Davis, 30, who attended DeWitt’s church for four years. “I was very heartbroken for him that he had to go through that and struggle.”

Many congregants were less charitable. “Some people where he lives just totally turned their backs on him,” Davis said. “He was ostracized, excommunicated. It is like he has a disease, but he doesn’t.”

When DeWitt runs into people he used to preach to, he still averts his eyes. Going to the post office and to Walmart, he said, can be stressful because of the possibility of running into a former congregant.

“It is because places in which you were once admired now you are suddenly scorned or pitied,” DeWitt said, who admits not having many friends anymore. “It makes for an extremely uncomfortable life.”

And yet DeWitt said his atheist life mirrors his old religious one in some key respects. In some ways, he said, he’s still a minister.

“The origin of the symmetry is me, is my personality, my love for people, my love for ministering,” DeWitt said. “What I have always tried to do is to minster from where I personally am at.

“When I was 17, I preached what I believed was best for people at the time; when I was 20, it was a little different; at 25 it was different, too,” he said. “And now at 42, I am still the same guy preaching what I see is best for people.”

- Dan Merica

Filed under: Atheism • Christianity

soundoff (5,298 Responses)
  1. QS

religion:

– a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects.

cult:

– a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal.

Can anybody honestly see a difference here?

June 13, 2012 at 4:52 pm |
    • Russ

@ QS: so you think atheism is both a cult & a religion?

June 13, 2012 at 4:53 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

What "set of beliefs or practices" do atheists all agree upon, Russ?

June 13, 2012 at 4:59 pm |
    • Russ

@ TomTom: ...the unprovable belief that there is no God.
      Or do you claim to have infinite knowledge of existence?

June 13, 2012 at 5:05 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

No. Do you? Seems you think you do. Atheists don't believe in a god. Not all of them are obsessed with trying to "prove" there isn't one.

Thanks for playing.

June 13, 2012 at 5:07 pm |
    • QS

Can't remember who said it, but somebody once said "The only difference between a religion and a cult is the number of followers."

June 13, 2012 at 5:09 pm |
    • Tracy

relationship can be had with all people regardless of what each individual believes... religion divides us... united we stand divided we fall.... God would tell you himself that he isn't religious... He just is.. God is love!

June 13, 2012 at 5:22 pm |
    • Russ

@ TomTom: you're dodging the point. By your own definition, you are doing the very same thing as those whom you criticize. You have a belief in something unprovable. You have a group with which you identify in those beliefs. By QS's definitions above, atheism fits both categories.

June 13, 2012 at 5:43 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

No, honey. I have no belief at all. Thanks for playing.

June 13, 2012 at 5:44 pm |
    • Russ

@ TomTom:
      a) that's a practical impossibility.
      b) you asked what belief all atheists have in common. by definition, atheists **believe** there is no God – which is notably unprovable.

so, if you are an agnostic in this arena, there may be some truth to your assertion of "no belief" (though only partially). but if you claim to be an atheist, you do have a clear, foundational belief: a claim about the Infinite by a finite individual. most call that faith – which, again, is the very thing you are criticizing.

June 13, 2012 at 5:54 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

No, Russ. I never made any claims at all. Even if I had, it wouldn't be a "belief" that there is no God. It would be a lack of any belief in any supernatural being. You are simply not playing with a full dictionary. Atheism is not a religion. It isn't a cult.

June 13, 2012 at 8:27 pm |
    • Russ

@ TomTom: I'm not "playing with a dictionary." I'm simply using QS's provided ones. It's how the thread started.

And as I said before, either you are an atheist – in which case you *are* asserting a belief...
      OR you are an agnostic – in which case you are openly claiming ignorance (agnostic = literally "don't know").

From your general demeanor, you seem to like to have it both ways.

June 14, 2012 at 10:30 am |
  2. Ken Margo

Kindness, DJR and Bold George. You guys write a good game. If god is this powerful why are there earthquakes, floods, etc. Where was god on 9/11? Did he let Allah win? Why do bad things happen period? Look at all the "gods" that are out there. Is there a justice league up there taking turns. If the devil can do things that god can't stop, isn't the devil just as powerful?

June 13, 2012 at 4:52 pm |
    • BoldGeorge

@ Ken

Are you asking this out of an honest heart needing your questions to be answered or are you asking these questions for the sake of debating and arguing? Because your questions are legitimate and have legitimate answers. But it all depends on the tone you are asking them.

June 13, 2012 at 4:55 pm |
  3. Tracy

First and Foremost... if you are unbelieving there is no need to come out... God already knows you don't believe.. you can't fake faith.... i walked on this earth for 36 years without belief or faith.... searching for the truth. Through honest seeking in my heart I found God and he gave me Jesus... I didn't require a preacher man nor church nor doctrine. He came straight through the front door of my home and entered my heart. Thank you Jesus! Jesus is my preacher, my teacher, my shield, my armor, my healer, my peace. The problem with religion is religion, I am in a relationship with God. He teaches me through his WORD! not through some preacher man who doesn't know his own way.....leading others astray. God also taught me how to pray.. a "minister" should know that we ask for God's will to be done not for money, or a job or even to live a little longer.... all who are born on earth will die on earth, it's inevitable. Man's days are numbered just like the hairs on his head.
    God knows his children and his children know him..... I'm thankful for these "ministers" coming out , this is God's way of sifting through the Good Seed and plucking out the bad ones... no Jesus no peace.. know Jesus know peace.

June 13, 2012 at 4:52 pm |
    • LOL Religion

Has anybody else noticed that there is an inverse relationship between the amount of extraneous ellipses one uses and their intelligence?

June 13, 2012 at 4:57 pm |
  4. Adam

Any Atheist that has an agenda, should be ignored because they're a walking contradiction.

June 13, 2012 at 4:51 pm |
  5. Jesus

The statement, "I believe in unicorns" is just as crazy as saying "I believe in God". I would even go as far as saying, that it is more likely that we can find proof of unicorns than proof o God.

June 13, 2012 at 4:51 pm |
    • Tracy Lee

there are unicorns ... just check your shorts because that thing pluging your @$$ is the horn.hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 13, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
  6. Sued Mon

Deity one or Deity two......Deity two or Deity three......three or one.....two or three.....oh which one is the TRUE one, the REAL one.....hmmmmmmmm, what choices! Ok ok ok, I pick Hanuman, no wait Ganesha! I mean Bast, I love cats, she rocks, but I identify more with Loki......hmmm...... what about them mormons goD fellow who sez them blik fellas were the devil? (weeeelllll, ok ok ok, they did change that one a little bit in '78 with mounting pressures).......say, when is the next big God update coming out, I want to see which color humans are allowed in these days (I'm off-yellow)

June 13, 2012 at 4:50 pm |
  7. Adam

Finally without God in the picture, we can do anything we feel like doing since right and wrong doesn't exist. First thing though, we have to tell everybody how wrong religion is.

June 13, 2012 at 4:50 pm |
    • Sarah

Atheists feel that they were born with a moral compass. They don't feel the need for further moral direction. If there is a God, surely she would admit that pessimism was her gift to us.

June 13, 2012 at 4:54 pm |
    • QS

Still working off the false perception that religion and morality are synonymous I see.

June 13, 2012 at 4:54 pm |
    • Madtown

Some of the most kind, considerate, and charitable people I know don't believe in God, and have no interest in religion. On the other hand, we've all witnessed the peerless elitism and judgement of the evangelical.

June 13, 2012 at 4:58 pm |
    • SusieKJ

Ethics and religion are not the same thing.

June 13, 2012 at 5:00 pm |
    • Solidroque

If "right and wrong no longer exist", then how can religion be wrong?

June 13, 2012 at 5:02 pm |
  8. the truth

If you want just a glimpse into the wisdom that is our Creator...try this: Have kids and give them everything that they desire. Don't spare the expense and just make life 100% easy for them.Make sure they don't ever have to work or earn what they want or get. Then step back and observe what monsters they have become. Suffering is a necessary evil in life my friends.

June 13, 2012 at 4:49 pm |
    • Edith

Tell that to African children whose tummies are full of parasites.

June 13, 2012 at 4:51 pm |
    • Hoopla12

you're stupid.

June 13, 2012 at 4:53 pm |
    • LOL Religion

Yeah. Colon cancer, Treacher Collin's syndrome, tsunamis – all absolutely necessary. The world couldn't possibly function without such things.

I hope you aren't oblivious to the point where you cannot register sarcasm.

June 13, 2012 at 4:54 pm |
    • Ken Margo

Ok then, I hope you suffer.

June 13, 2012 at 4:54 pm |
    • Jacques Strappe, World Famous French Ball Juggler

So does that mean as soon as you get to heaven and God makes things easy on you and gives you everything you want, you are going to become an as-shole?

June 13, 2012 at 4:54 pm |
    • QS

Pointing out aspects of the human condition in no way, shape or form proves anything in regard to the existence of any version of "god".

June 13, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
  9. polycarp pio

Sad, if he truly believes this in his heart and he wants nothing to do with God and has counted the precious blood of the Lord Jesus Christ as an unholy thing,HE IS LOST and headed for the lake that burneth with fire and brimstone, but as long as he is still above ground he can repent and return to God, I do not believe he ever reached the level of maturity spoken of in Hebrews 6. PP

June 13, 2012 at 4:49 pm |
    • Jack

Isn't it amazing how many people claiming to believe in God are the ones insulting anyone who doesn't believe. Talk about hypocrites.

June 13, 2012 at 4:53 pm |
    • QS

Religiously induced self-righteousness at its finest Jack!

June 13, 2012 at 4:57 pm |
  10. SusieKJ

FELLOW ATHEISTS/HUMANISTS – Just an fyi- I just went out to the Recovering from Religion website to donate and you can support them by entering Amazon from their site. A portion of all your Amazon purchases will go to them. Easy way to support the ex-clergy.

June 13, 2012 at 4:49 pm |
    • wow

As a Christian I will no longer purchase anything from Amazon and encourage others to share this amongst their congregations, facebook friends, etc.

June 13, 2012 at 4:57 pm |
    • TruthPrevails :-)

Thank you for that info Susie.

June 13, 2012 at 5:01 pm |
    • SusieKJ

Wow – wow is right. You, of course, have the right to boycott Amazon. There is quite a long charity list that is "christian" based that also gets funds from Amazon, but boycott away. Best of luck in your journey of caring for your fellow man.

June 13, 2012 at 5:07 pm |
    • the rock

Funny,sounds like a religion to me.

June 13, 2012 at 5:11 pm |
  11. AlexK

That is why it is wrong to have profession as a pastor. Pastor should be one that rises up from church. Selected by church. Not need to go to college for that. Go to other one that teaches professional skills.

June 13, 2012 at 4:49 pm |
  12. Adam

Humanism is Speciesism.

June 13, 2012 at 4:49 pm |
  13. Clinton

How very interesting, Every post i've made in this blog about how it's wrong to attack other people's beliefs, specifically stating that i see a lot of religion bashing coming from Atheists, has resulted in Atheists insulting me. I actually think it's funny that so many of you consider yourselves enlightened since you're atheists, but instead of having a rational discussion, you're flinging insults like a common thug. I'm sorry Atheist crowd... I know you love to believe that you have this huge voice and congrats on being a squeaky wheel, but the reality is, you're not enlightened, being Atheist does not mean you are smart, on the contrary from this blog i am seeing that many of you are weak-minded desperate folks in need of approval from society, you're bashing others to make yourself feel better like common grade school bullies, your insecurities are evident in every response. You people need to learn, nobody is going to take you seriously if you insult everyone that doesn't believe what you do... In fact it proves one thing quite clearly, you're a very hypocritcal bunch... You attack religion for trying to "recruit" people, yet here you are trying to push your beliefs on random people in an internet forum. You attack religion for "acting like they have all the answers" Well, here you are telling everybody they're wrong and you're right. ... You have nothing to stand on here, you're just as lost as anybody except that you're much more insecure. This is a pathetic display this forum... A sad group of idiots that have to attack everybody who doesn't believe what they do... Sad... Oh don't bother responding to this post, It's obvious there is nobody here with an inellectual bone in their body, just a bunch of idiots that like to attack other people's beliefs when what they believe is equally unprovable.

June 13, 2012 at 4:49 pm |
    • ydujdg

I can understand what you are saying about not attacking any other religion but I must say that I have witnessed on many occasions the intense anger that christains display for athiests or anyone that has any critisism for thier beliefs. The athiests that I have heard and read use reason to explain thier point of view and are usually attacked by the christains.

June 13, 2012 at 4:52 pm |
    • Jimmy

What church was this lecture from again?

June 13, 2012 at 4:55 pm |
    • SusieKJ

Clinton – most atheists are not saying derogatory things. Some choose to, just as some theists do as well. Some of the comments you may be taking as attacks are just the viewpoints being shared. You have to understand, atheists had to hide their atheism for millenia. Christians, and other evangelical monotheistic religions have not been kind to atheists or other religions. We're not talking about just hurting feelings, but killing, imprisoning, etc. Atheists have broken through in the last decade or so in feeling comfortable to say they don't believe. I think it is important, so that others who don't subscribe to religion won't be ignorant to the fact that there are choices. Also, atheists would be less outspoken with theists if they weren't pushing their beliefs into our legal system. Anyway, calling people idiots doesn't help your cause and you are stereotyping others based on a few. I was raised christian and have an IQ tested at 160, and atheism is the choice I made.

June 13, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
    • QS

I love this argument....non-believers have been at the childish whims of religion and its followers for so long that when we finally stand up for ourselves against their utter lunacy, we are called the attackers.

It speaks volumes to the level of objectivity, or lack thereof, that some people have regarding this issue.

June 13, 2012 at 5:02 pm |
    • strawman

Hee hee, you're so cute! FYI, most "god folk" assume all "non-god folk" are atheists which just is not correct. For humans who can sense that the true nature/scope/breadth/realities of this universe are so far beyond any "god" , the atheists are as humorous as the devout believers. Wake up little children, why do you need answers? God, no God, who cares?!! Just ridiculous waste of time. Be good, keep learning, turn off the tele, get off your butts, eat better, get stronger, live, feel, rejoice, help Earth, and just stop all the pompous self righteousness.

The most fascinating aspect about religions is the common thread of Man being special, which is no doubt some product of our ego which has aided us to become the (cough cough) dominant species on Earth. But really Man is not special (expect of course for the opposite side of that semantic snip, that man is exceptionally special), we're just another organism developing on a very special planet. yes, Earth is special, Hopefully the next major religion will bring that into the fold. Every notice how no religion yet manages to mention anything regarding Earth or our galaxy? (man made, boo hoo) oh well, off to go and help people..... wish some of the religious nuts here would actually go and do some good instead of just worrying about their own wee little immortal souls...

June 13, 2012 at 5:02 pm |
  14. reposting sentences is fun

Nice...

June 13, 2012 at 4:47 pm |
  15. GermanTickler

Something else that I would like to contribute to this – is that you must do this for you (and you only). You perception of "faith" is in YOUR mind... not your parents.. your spouse. And if you tell your loved ones who are themselves "faithful" and they can not join you on this journey, then that can certainly complicate things. Though, if they really give grief and say crap like they will no longer love you etc, than that is just testament to just how effed up religion is... and you can just leave all that behind. Easier said than done, I am sure, but your new thing to believe in will be yourself... and you must believe me that it changes everything. Having nothing but clear, rational thoughts and feelings in your head is more wonderful than you can possibly imagine. Good luck to any of you who are making the transition... taking the plunge.. making the journey. Whatever you wan to call it. It is so much better over here.

June 13, 2012 at 4:47 pm |
  16. Todd

All I have to proclaim is this: I worship Jesus as God the Son; His blood has cleansed me and the inheritance He has given me is reserved in Heaven...I can't wait to get there! 🙂

June 13, 2012 at 4:46 pm |
    • LOL Religion

Why wait, kill yourself.

June 13, 2012 at 4:48 pm |
    • TruthPrevails :-)

Feel free to take you leave

June 13, 2012 at 4:49 pm |
    • Rishon

His blood got on you?

June 13, 2012 at 4:49 pm |
    • Bo

Child! You are really eat up with it.

June 13, 2012 at 4:50 pm |
    • SLArbiter

Blood sacrifices. How pleasant...

It's no surprise that people who are so adamant about checking out of this life have no real appreciation for it.

June 13, 2012 at 4:52 pm |
    • Hoopla12

So someone told you a scary fairy tale and you bought into it, well , I don't want to spoil it for you , but all you've been told about Jesus and God is only a myth.

June 13, 2012 at 4:55 pm |
    • reposting sentences is fun

Yippee Todd! YAY YAY

June 13, 2012 at 4:55 pm |
  17. Bunnine

To "Truth Prevails" I see you are another one of those people who are venomous if someone doesn't think like they do. My husband also had the right to choose who to marry. I don't have to defend myself. Time will tell.

June 13, 2012 at 4:46 pm |
    • TruthPrevails :-)

Not venomous lady. I feel bad for your husband. He is on the right track in this world and you believe in fairy tales. Time won't tell anything because heaven and hell have never nor will they ever be proven to exist. The fact that you don't care that what you believe is true or not, does not mean you get to tell people they will see in the end...you have no way of knowing that, so don't spew it unless you can back it.

June 13, 2012 at 4:52 pm |
    • Racheln24

You said it Bunnine, some people are just spiteful. It just goes to show that Atheist feel like they're only accountable to themselves and can act and say anything without conscience.

June 13, 2012 at 4:58 pm |
    • Scotty

Rachel and Bunnie, really enjoying your passive aggressive threats of damnation. Quite hypocritical based on what your responding too.

I hope one day you "see the light" of athiesm. Common sense is scary, but it's eye opening.

June 13, 2012 at 5:08 pm |
    • TruthPrevails :-)

Racheln24: Not being spiteful, stating facts. She said we'd find out in the end but she can't back that claim, so it fails miserably just like her god does. She doesn't care that what she believes is true or she'd be researching her belief a little more instead of just accepting it as is. There is no evidence for a god or heaven or hell or a soul or angels or satan and until there is evidence there is no reason to accept that stuff as anything more than fairy take stories.

June 13, 2012 at 5:08 pm |
  18. Adam

Since there are so many different opinions on where Obama was born, it must mean he doesn't exist.

Yeah, that makes sense.

June 13, 2012 at 4:45 pm |
    • Jacques Strappe, World Famous French Ball Juggler

Yeah but we have ACTUAL proof that Obama at least exists. None for any kind of god.

June 13, 2012 at 4:51 pm |
    • Adam

Evidence for God's existence:

Cosmological argument
      Teleological argument
      Moral argument (my favorite)

There are more but that's a great start.

June 13, 2012 at 4:57 pm |
    • Jacques Strappe, World Famous French Ball Juggler

None of the "proof" you offer hold up to the scientific method.

June 13, 2012 at 5:03 pm |
  19. Jerry Sandusky

Come on, nobody REALLY believes the stuff. It's just neat how it gives you power over naive young people. You can get them to do ANYTHING with a few Bible verses.

June 13, 2012 at 4:45 pm |
    • Tracy Lee

BURN IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 13, 2012 at 4:47 pm |
    • TruthPrevails :-)

"BURN IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Wow, there's a good loving christard for you....believe as I do or suffer...how pathetic!

June 13, 2012 at 4:59 pm |
  20. Tracy Lee

to qs ..... you see she knows where she is going ......to hell..:(

June 13, 2012 at 4:45 pm |