home
RSS
Bulgarian bones could be John the Baptist's as claimed, scientists say
A reliquary box thought to have been used to carry the bones of John the Baptist.
June 22nd, 2012

Bulgarian bones could be John the Baptist's as claimed, scientists say

By Richard Allen Greene, CNN

(CNN)– When the tools of modern science are applied to religious relics, the results are almost always the same: Science says the relics aren't what their supporters claim.

The most famous of them all, the Turin Shroud, is widely regarded as a Middle Ages forgery, and even the Catholic Church does not insist the shroud was actually used to wrap the body of Jesus himself.

So when Bulgarian archeologists announced two years ago that they had found the bones of John the Baptist, Tom Higham was skeptical.

He got a surprise.

Higham, an Oxford University scientist and an atheist who doesn't believe in "any kind of religion or God or anything like that," was asked to test six small bone fragments found on an island named Sveti Ivan - St. John.

CNN's Belief Blog: the faith angles behind the big stories

The bones turned out to be from a man who lived in the Middle East at the same time as Jesus, Higham said.

"We got a date that was exactly where it should be, right in the middle of the first century," said Higham, a radiocarbon dating expert.

It's not proof that they belonged to John the Baptist, since there's no DNA database of early Christian saints, the archeologist who found the bones said.

But the mere fact that the testing didn't prove the bones are fakes is unusual.

Archeologist Kazimir Popkonstantinov led the team that found them under the altar of a fifth century basilica on Sveti Ivan, a Black Sea island off Sozopol on the south coast of Bulgaria.

The bones were in a reliquary, a container for holy relics, with a tiny sandstone box.

Written on the box in Greek were the words, "God, save your servant Thomas. To St. John. June 24."

Scientists take samples of the bones for radiocarbon and genetic analysis.

The date is the Christian feast day of John the Baptist, believed to be his birthday.

When the bones were found in 2010, Popkonstantinov said it was "logical to suggest that the founders of the monastery did their best to bring relics of its patron saint."

Higham, the deputy director of Oxford's Radiocarbon Accelerator Unit, got involved because a colleague knew the Bulgarian archeologists. National Geographic was also interested, so it provided funding for more extensive testing than Higham originally planned, and made a film about the project.

Radiocarbon dating showed that the bones were from the right period to be from John the Baptist, Higham said, while genetic testing showed it was a man and all the bones were from the same person.

DNA testing by colleagues at the University of Copenhagen suggested that the person was most likely to have been from the Middle East, he said.

Follow the CNN Belief Blog on Twitter

More detailed nuclear DNA testing could pin down his location even more accurately, Higham said, but "does cost quite a lot of money."

There is reasonably good historical evidence that John the Baptist, whom Christians believe baptized his cousin Jesus, did exist, said Paul Middleton, a senior lecturer in Biblical studies at the University of Chester.

All four gospels and the contemporary Jewish historian Josephus say he was beheaded on the orders of the ruler Herod Antipas, Middleton said when the bones were found.

The six small bones are far from the only relics purporting to belong to him.

Four locations, from a mosque in Damascus, Syria, to a museum in Munich, Germany, claim to have his head, while the Topkapi Museum in Istanbul, Turkey, has a relic alleged to be his right arm.

A monastery in Montenegro says it has his right hand, while another in Egypt has a crypt containing relics of the saint.

Tom Higham says he can test them to see if they match.

"We have a complete genome. It's possible that we could step this a step further and see if there is any similarity," in the genetic material of all the relics.

"We've sort of got interested in this. It's not beyond the realms of possibility, and we know that there were relics moving out of the Middle East in the fourth and fifth century," he said.

But for him, the project remains a purely scientific one.

"I'm an atheist," he said. "I perceive this as an archeological dating problem. We have some bones and we're trying to get as much information out of them as we can."

CNN's Simon Hooper and Susannah Palk contributed to this report.

- Newsdesk editor, The CNN Wire

Filed under: Belief • Bible • Christianity

soundoff (1,475 Responses)
  1. Look at the system of life

I will stop believing in God when the sun fails to set. Ill stop believing in God when the sun or moon fails to give us light. Ill stop believing in God when nature stops working perfectly together and proves to be mere coincidence. Ill stop believing in God when someone comes up with a better theory than evolution or the big bang theory. Ill stop believing in God when Jesus the most powerful man to ever walk this world is silenced. Ill stop believing in God when someone creates a greater love story than Jesus's with there life. Ill stop believing in God when someone gets tortured and dies for the wrong doing of every human being. Ill stop believing in God when someone rises from the dead and claim countless followers who would happily die for them. Ill stop believing in God when someone can give me even the smallest piece of evidence that God does not exist. Until the impossible is done I will forever follow my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

June 23, 2012 at 2:06 pm |
    • buffiesguy

A great testament to your faith, and an excellent example of witnessing that very faith. Hold fast to your convictions, as a Child of God! Peace!

June 23, 2012 at 2:17 pm |
    • jrumor

find out about gravity and astronomy.

read more than one book...and follow more than one or two news sources.

June 23, 2012 at 2:26 pm |
    • JWT

And I will start believing in god – well never.

June 23, 2012 at 4:15 pm |
    • Just Claims, No Truth

I will stert believing in god when any of the things you have listed can actually be proven to be caused by a god.

June 23, 2012 at 6:15 pm |
  2. get a life

For anyone arguing over whether or not God exists, if I believe what harm does it do me or you? If I'm right when I die, I will return home to my Father. If I'm wrong, so what? If you're right, good for you. But if you're wrong...

June 23, 2012 at 1:24 pm |
    • Al

Sort of, but not really. If you're right, god is a perverted freak who owes all of us a reasoned explanation. If you're wrong (and you are absolutely wrong), you waste your life on mythology. How sad I feel for you and others like you that your finite time is invested in myths.

June 23, 2012 at 1:35 pm |
    • get a life

Hmm, lets see, a life spent believing in mythology or an eternity in hell. Oh the choices, the choices. You can take the risk you want and I'll take the one I want.

June 23, 2012 at 1:42 pm |
    • tifoso

What you propose is called Pascal's Wager after the philosopher Blaise Pascal. The flaw in the logic is that it assumes only two choices on two issues – God, No God, Good, Not Good. But we can only guess at what is the good that will insure salvation.

June 23, 2012 at 1:53 pm |
    • Jason in KC

To: get a life
      Go ahead and read up on the logical fallicy called Pascal's Wager and it should help explain why your reasoning is wrong. In short, one of the main problems is that your argument makes the assumption that there are only 2 possibilities: the christian god exists or it doesn't. You fail to take into account the possibility of existance for the infinite number of other gods that have been believe to exist over time. What if one of those god's exist and not the christian god? Many of these gods that people have believed in are very jealous and would gladly cast you into their version of hell for not believing in the correct one.

June 23, 2012 at 1:57 pm |
    • Anonymous

Don't let the trolling atheist get to you. I find it strange that these are generally the same people that believe wholeheartedly in extraterrestrials, even when there is less evidence of aliens than God. Mankind is capable of great things, look around you, there's no reason they could not have been great centuries ago. To each their own, but please don't tarnish the hopes of others. So you're insecure about the direction of your life, that's your problem.

June 23, 2012 at 2:14 pm |
    • JWT

No matter abotu right and wrong – your god has nothign to do ever with me/

June 23, 2012 at 2:50 pm |
    • Just Claims, No Truth

"But if you are wrong...."

Let me guess if I am wrong your god is going to needlessly punish me for eternity... unless it is not your god but someone elses god then we are both screwed....

June 23, 2012 at 6:20 pm |
  3. norm

So, the bones are either John the Baptist or Bernie the Bum. Great article.

June 23, 2012 at 1:06 pm |
    • jrumor

same guy?... how much accurate information do we have from that period?

June 23, 2012 at 2:27 pm |
  4. palintwit

John the Baptist was quite likely one of the early teabaggers as evidenced by the remains of his skull, which only has one tooth.

June 23, 2012 at 12:12 pm |
    • 1CriticalThinker

What an extraordinarily stupid thing to say. Now finish cleaning up your basement bedroom of your mom's house before you go back to the occupy camp.

June 23, 2012 at 12:51 pm |
  5. Helen

I will never understand why people are so angry and insulting when it comes to spiritual belief. I have always found science and religion both have merits and sometimes even supportive of each other. Why does it offend people who don't believe in God that others do and why does it offend believers that others don't? Nobody has proof one way or the other so just respect what others do believe without judging or belittling them.
    One point to ponder.... people believe in scientific inventions such as carbon dating even though it's a man-made system of dating things believed to be thousands of years old. If you believe science is the way to go then wait until testing is done on the relics from so many different locations purported to belong to John the Baptist. I think it would be fascinating if the DNA on all of them matches. If you believe in science would you believe it if science said they have proof that Jesus, Mary, Joseph, the disciples or anyone from the old testament of the Bible lived and did what they are purported to have done?
    Whatever your beliefs are, we do owe it to each other to be respectful to each other and allow others to believe what they will. I happen to believe but some of my children don't. It doesn't make me love them any less or they me. We respect each other and give each other support in finding whatever beliefs make us happy. Now get along people!

June 23, 2012 at 12:12 pm |
    • Dee

Helen, the more the critics try to disprove the Bible and Christian beliefs – the more they seem to prove them accurate. Let the testing continue. Unfortunately, every time something is scientifically proven plausible, the more angry the disbelievers seem to become. Only a minority will acquiesce and admit that the findings show the validity of the Bible.

June 23, 2012 at 1:01 pm |
    • norm

Helen, what I don't understand is how you can be content to accept what makes you happy and not try to find out what is true. I would like to believe that I am the smartest, most handsome man in the world, but I can't quite seem to make myself believe it.
      Dee, you're an idlot and your post doesn't even deserve a reply!

June 23, 2012 at 1:13 pm |
    • jrumor

allahu akbar

June 23, 2012 at 2:27 pm |
    • Jason in KC

Helen,

Thank you for a thoughtful post (and being reasonable with others that do not share your beliefs). I can't speak for everyone, but for me and several people I know, the problem with religous belief doesn't come from individuals holding those beliefs. Rather, it comes from some people attempting to force everyone else to live by those beliefs and trying to codify those beliefs into law. As you stated, there is no proof in the existance of the christian god. I, having a disbelief in the christian god (because I do not feel there is enough evidence to support belief), do NOT have the burden of proof. That rests on the individuals making the positive claim. I am even open to belief, IF there is evidence to support it. I lean towards science, because I believe the scientific method is the best method we currently have to find the truth. Also, the scientific method is based upon evidence and continued testing of that evidence to verify its validity. If we find a test if bogus or that a different outcome is received, we adjust our hypothesis and continue testing in an effort to find the truth. I don't see that process going on with the various religions. In addition, there are so many believers that like to claim their beliefs as "the Truth" when there is NOT evidence to support those claims. To me, that is being dishonest (which is ironically against their beliefs).
      To Dee: Sorry, but your post does seem a little ridiculous to me. Could you please provide me specific examples of where science validates the claims of the bible. I am specifically interested in how science supports the super-natural claims of the bible. Even if it is one day proven that a man named Jesus existed, and his mother was Mary and his father was Joseph, that still does NOTHING to prove the claims of super-natural abilities.

June 23, 2012 at 2:55 pm |
  6. LouAz

What other evidence besides the Roman Catholic Bible is there of anyone named John the Baptist ?

June 23, 2012 at 11:58 am |
    • Cyde

As it states in the article , the 1st century Jewish Historian Josephus mentions both Jesus and John the Baptist in his Antiquities of the Jews.

June 23, 2012 at 12:37 pm |
    • Phil

Josephus.

And the Bible is not "Roman Catholic."

It's just the Bible.

June 23, 2012 at 12:39 pm |
    • Primewonk

Actual scholars for this time period agree that Josephus is not a valid source for information on Jesus. His work was editted long after the fact and the information was added.

June 23, 2012 at 1:19 pm |
    • Seriously?

Actual scholars do not consider Josephus a reliable source, huh? Ehud Netzer, an Israeli archaeologist used the writings of Flavius Josephus to locate the tomb of Herod the Great, found 12 miles south of Jerusalem. His work provides some of the best accounts of the Jewish-Roman war in the first century. Certain works like 'War" are sometimes dismissed as Roman propaganda, but nevertheless after his works were translated into English centuries later, they were and are studied as a reliable source of History. The Slavonic translations are the only translations known for sure that added extra information to his works. As for his accounts of Jesus, they are not dismissed by all scholars, yet many do debate their authority. His work stands today as valuable insight into 1st Century Judaism and early Christianity.

June 23, 2012 at 2:12 pm |
  7. madonfan

John 4:48 :
    48 Then Jesus said to him, “Unless you people see signs and wonders, you will by no means believe.”-That was pretty much spot on! God is real, and He knew people wouldn't believe. It is impossible to believe by any other means than faith. If you don't have that, you will never have undeniable proof of God's existence. It is an individual invitation in your life, not a public invitation. God doesn't have to prove anything. People will continue to argue His validity until He comes back again. That is just the way it is.

June 23, 2012 at 11:52 am |
    • JWT

There is nothing wrong with believing. There is also nothing wrong with not believing. As long as one understands that their peliefs do not apply to other people.

June 23, 2012 at 11:59 am |
    • Peteyroo

Madonna Fan, you are simply so full of crap, you stink. There is simply no Magic Dad. Same for his son–all rubbish. If my friends and I were to assemble a book of our essays–each person writing an essay–in which we each said unicorns were real, would you accept it? We would ask you in all sincerity to accept unicorns on faith. I didn't think so. That is why we reject your fantasy Bible and its equally absurd claim that Magic Dad (God) is real.

June 23, 2012 at 12:20 pm |
    • 1CriticalThinker

Peteyroo: no one cares that you don't believe. The fact that you feel you have to lash out at those who do speaks more to your lack of character.

June 23, 2012 at 12:54 pm |
    • JW

"People will continue to argue His validity until He comes back again. That is just the way it is."

Yep. I know I certainly will.

June 23, 2012 at 1:34 pm |
  8. Rae

The article mentions the Shroud of Turin, but stops at the 1980's highly publicized carbon dating that determined fibers were from the 1260-1390 AD time period–and that the images, therefore, must be a forgery. It was thought that repairs done to the shroud after it suffered damage from a fire might have accounted for the carbon dating findings by those that were still unconvinced. It has not be proven that the repairs were not responsible for the skewed dating. Many believed that there was no way for the images in the shroud to have been made or caused to be by anything available in the middle ages. A recent study in Italy has determined that the only way the images of a crucified and tortured bearded man (front and back images) could have appeared were from a strong energy/light source and would have been impossible in any laboratory during earlier times–in fact none of the efforts to recreate the process have been completely successful to date. Here is a link: http://www.messagetoeagle.com/shroudofturin.php

June 23, 2012 at 11:37 am |
  9. Honestcanadian

To JW:
    Your ignorance amuses me, not every religion teaches to spread the faith. If I had a penny for every anti-theist, posing as an intellectual Atheist, world hunger would no longer be an issue! Oh, and no I am not a Christian, I'm just realistic, what you just did is no different than the person you criticized! Just some points to ponder....also consider looking into the Philosophical concepts of Phenomenology of Perception, for your on sake please!

June 23, 2012 at 11:27 am |
    • Just Claims, No Truth

Honest,

You are right, not every religion is looking to spread their 'word'. The ones in christianity that we have the most interaction with however are zealous about it though, and not only getting converts but making sure non-believers have to submit, to some extent, to their belief, a belief that has no basis in fact. If they were not so adamat about 'spreading' their word we would still disagree with their conclusion but it would have little effect on us.

June 23, 2012 at 11:55 am |
    • JW

So can we narrow it down to just the major ones then? Just curious... if we narrow it down to just the ones that control the world I'm good with that.

June 23, 2012 at 1:29 pm |
    • JW

If you want to amend that statement, fine. I'll amend it to just the major religions. But I'm certainly not wrong about anything else I posted.

June 23, 2012 at 1:36 pm |
    • Honestcanadian

To JW,
      My point was mostly specifying the fact of that being part of Organized Religion. So you conceding the point was all that I was asking for. Thank you! Be strong in whatever it is that you believe, it will only make you a stronger person, just bear in mind that your faith is intrinsically solely your own! Best of Luck to you!

June 25, 2012 at 3:18 pm |
    • Honestcanadian

To JW:
      Much as in organized religion, the power, influence and authority that others have is merely what the adherents of those systems have given them, same thing applies to corporations,politics and most social settings! If one chooses to solely believe in empirical data, they have still chosen to believe. Belief leads to faith, if even in nothing else but one's own convictions. Tell me where the difference lays! Too many have done nothing more than lose sight of the big picture.

June 25, 2012 at 3:26 pm |
  10. Northerndude

It's cool to see history no matter what or whose bones it is. Anything that adds to our knowlege is better than fairy tales about invisble spirits in the sky.

June 23, 2012 at 11:18 am |
  11. JW

This is only proof that it's of a body who lived at the time John The Baptist was supposed to exist, nothing else.

Religious will claim that this is some kind of miracle and that it is more proof that The Bible is true. It isn't.

June 23, 2012 at 10:52 am |
    • Jerry Christensen

Not a science expert, but if dna is extractable from these bones, and dna is extractable from the Shroud of Turin, wouldn't that prove that the two artifacts are of related people (John being the cousin of Jesus)?

June 23, 2012 at 11:40 am |
    • JW

All it would prove is that the DNA extracted is from the same people, not WHO they were. The shroud has been dismissed as a forgery at this point, as I understand it. Even the ever unchanging and stolid Catholic Church says that it isn't what they believed it to be.

June 23, 2012 at 1:32 pm |
  12. Trumpy

And?

Even if these are the bones of a Biblical figure, it just means that figure existed. It doesn't validate a single claim of the divine or metaphysical. If I said JFK could float and shoot lightning out of his eyes and then go dig up his bones to prove he was a real person, that DOESN'T make the claims that he could float or shoot lightning out his eyes true. It doesn't give them ANY more credibility at all, in fact.

If they are his bones, cool. But doesn't mean anything.

June 23, 2012 at 10:44 am |
  13. Fronkster

Another feeble attemp to rile the troops. When is crap like this goning to end? Because you find old bones in Bulgaria, how does that relate to anything. Typical religeous misinformation to unsuspecting fools.

June 23, 2012 at 10:29 am |
  14. EdL

If these bones may be they also may not be. Does anyone care? I would hopt not.

June 23, 2012 at 10:20 am |
    • JWT

History is always interesting – no matter what is says.

June 23, 2012 at 10:50 am |
    • jrumor

History is always interesting – no matter what is says.... when it is fact... or acknowledged as a fairy tale

June 23, 2012 at 2:30 pm |
  15. magnificatministry

It always amazes me how those who"protest too much" comment on the articles in the religion section. You can't simply accept that others have different beliefs than yours? No intelligent debate, only ridicule? And you parade as intellectual elites. Consider this, the existence of God, miracles, etc...may be science that has not yet been proven. Just because these things have not been detected by current scientific means, does not mean they do not exist...we are only a blip on the timeline. Don't be so arrogant.

June 23, 2012 at 10:03 am |
    • trey

It is sad that this blog does degenerate into what others have called a "bait and bite" but every once in a while you will get some good dialogue in here. The rest is just bullying.....

June 23, 2012 at 10:07 am |
    • Don

The idea that something can't be disproved does not make it true. Here is my thought. I say, "I don't know. From what I've seen these stories are largely just myth and hyperbole. It seems to me, the creation and religious tales are centered around man and the Earth, though looking into space, I can clearly tell that the Earth is a small, obsolete stage. I wonder what's out there."
      You say: "I know GOD made this for us. I know GOD made me in his image. I know that my ancient book is true and just and all others are forgeries. I know that I am morally superior. You should respect MY beliefs." ........
      And we're arrogant?

June 23, 2012 at 10:14 am |
    • Peteyroo

Magnificent Cat, we feel the need to take you to task over your absurd and ridiculous beliefs. It's not that we hate you or pity you. We are deeply astonished at anyone's foolishness concerning the supernatural and magic. As a good and decent atheist addressing a slack-jawed bumpkin such as yourself, I don't feel the need to condescendingly say I love you but not your thoughts. No, no, no. I don't like you at all.

June 23, 2012 at 10:30 am |
    • Peteyroo

Magnificent Cat, if you want to brag about your God and Jesus of Nazareth you should at least have a hint of proof. A tiny silver of evidence would be nice; otherwise, I feel you should say nothing. I'll make you a deal. I won't say there is no god, and you won't say there is a god. Neither of us has proof, so I think it only fair to avoid speculation. I'm afraid you are waiting for Godot if you are playing out the string of your life in hope of finding heaven at its end.

June 23, 2012 at 10:34 am |
    • Just Claims, No Truth

Magnificentcat,

I agree, it is possible science will at some poit prove god but the time to believe will be then. What we have now is a situation where people believe in god(s) without good cause, they know which god, who he likes, who he hates and what kind of s.e.x people are allowed to have. It is ridiculous.

June 23, 2012 at 10:38 am |
    • JWT

There will never be a good time to worship gods. There are beings in the universe more advances than us – but they are not gods to worship.

June 23, 2012 at 10:52 am |
    • JW

We, the unbelievers, are NOT the arrogant ones. The believers are the ones who ooze arrogance from every pore. You're absolutely correct, PERHAPS there are miracles and science yet hasn't detected it, but that doesn't mean that your interpretation of miracles or god is correct and it also means that there is no proof whatsoever of miracles happening. When proof exists, we will believe, but not until then.

We only protest because the religious continue to force their beliefs on the unprovable on us and claim that because they believe in something that cannot be proven by any means makes them somehow more knowledgeable and worthy than the rest of us, as if I said you are somehow a lesser person with lesser knowledge of the world because you don't believe in the same unprovable unicorn living at the heart of the sun that I believe in.

Religions have, for centuries, enforced their unprovable beliefs on all of us, shunning those of us who need proof to believe i something. You wonder why now, with freedom of speech, we FINALLY can stand up and say "STOP FORCING YOUR RIDICULOUS CRAP ON US!"

We see through religion. It's a hoax. If you don't, then that's fine. I don't care what other people believe so long as A) They don't try and force it on me and B) They pay their DAMN TAXES and stop screaming for special privileges.

Sadly, these two caveats are the most ignored by all religions world wide. It is their duty, as outlined by their religious doctrines, to spread their "faith" by whatever means they can, by preaching and converting us, if not, violence and crusades will do as well. And talk about screaming for special privileges! They never stop! Taxes? Nah, we believe in completely unprovable things, so we don't need to do that. I believe in the unicorn who lives at the heart of the sun but I don't get that lucky break. And every time anyone questions you in the burgeoning new age of reason, you cry as if you've been persecuted like the unbelievers for centuries.

If you can't see why we feel the need to stand up and be counted, then your eyes are truly closed.

June 23, 2012 at 11:07 am |
  16. Stephen

I have a steak bone that originally came from the whale that swallowed Jonah. Carbon testing is irrelevant because Jesus told me so.

June 23, 2012 at 9:18 am |
    • Tim Knecht

Good one!

June 23, 2012 at 9:20 am |
    • Don

Bazzinga!!

June 23, 2012 at 10:15 am |
    • buffiesguy

Pitiful, immature, inane comment. Please stay on your mood-alterning medications and stay away from civilized people!

June 23, 2012 at 2:27 pm |
  17. palintwit

Sarah Palin would throw those bones in her homemade moose stew.

June 23, 2012 at 8:51 am |
    • Chris

You sound like an intelligent one

June 23, 2012 at 9:47 am |
  18. chefkate

It's history, and history is amazing. Try to look at this with the curiosity and excitement of a child. It's an interesting and incredible find no matter the person, and knowing that this man came from the first century is incredible enough to wait for the results. Bantering back and forth is good fun, but "fighting" over theology? Let us wait for the outcome and celebrate the historical find.

June 23, 2012 at 7:47 am |
  19. Lynn Seed Maystone

What A Shame, Spending All That Money To Prove... What? The BONES are old- let people belive what they wish and use that Money to FEED AND HOUSE Real LIVE PEOPLE NOW!

June 23, 2012 at 7:40 am |
  20. JomoDaMusicMan

Millions of people lived during this time & u found bones of John the Baptist. YOUR FIND, so it can be anybody bones u want them to be. They could be Pilots Bones or how about the bones of the soldier that Peter cut off his ear or how about the bones of the thief that was crucified with Jesus. You European Religious Lying Fanatics makes me sick. You make all the Biblical Characters from the Middle east & Africa look exactly like you White Europeans and any body that accepts the European Looks of these Characters are a Damn Fool. Michael DeAnglo paints a picture of his Uncle or Nephew and millions of Fools Accepts him as JESUS, HOW REDICULOUS

June 23, 2012 at 7:40 am |
    • Peick

If you are attempting to demonstrate your superior intelligence, at least use a spell checker. Ridiculous has an i, not an e. But a spell checker would not catch your other error, which is using "pilot" instead of "Pilate."

June 23, 2012 at 8:33 am |
    • Tim Knecht

Really, really nice job of showing us all how narrow-minded and ignorant you are. I'm especially fond of "Michael DeAngelo", the painter. Is he on Angie's List?

June 23, 2012 at 9:23 am |
    • Peteyroo

Have your mom check your spelling and grammar then repost, please.

June 23, 2012 at 9:54 am |