home
RSS
June 22nd, 2012

Prominent atheist blogger converts to Catholicism

By Dan Merica, CNN

Washington (CNN) – She went from atheist to Catholic in just over 1,000 words.

CNN's Belief Blog: the faith angles behind the big stories

Libresco’s announcement has left some atheists scratching their heads.

But while atheists were puzzled by the conversion, others commended Libresco.

Follow the CNN Belief Blog on Twitter

Libresco is just switching the side she thinks the facts are on.

- Dan Merica

Filed under: Atheism • Catholic Church

soundoff (7,475 Responses)
  1. Lol

lol this chick is a fucking moron lol

June 24, 2012 at 5:18 pm |
  2. Chuckles

@TheCapitalist

You're getting called out son. Tell us all here and now, what is your proof of god, specifically the god of abraham. To help you understand the question better, "faith" is not proof, but simply opinion. Stating the bible is all the proof you need is a cop out because you would of course have to show the veracity of the bible down to the letter. Lastly, "look around" is also not proof but confirmation bias that because there are some places on earth that is so pretty, there must have been something to make that pretty instead of the opinion you hold.

Now that we've laid that down, once again, please provide clear, hard evidence that shows your god is real whereas every other god in the history of mankind is false.

GO!

June 24, 2012 at 5:16 pm |
    • TheCapitalist

pg. 72

June 24, 2012 at 5:34 pm |
  3. DJR

Catholicism is an interesting calling. I am impressed with Leah question of moral vacancy. It is obvious that as she wrote, agued and debated religiosity that certain facts aroused her humanity and "Where did you learn that" awareness. Biggest whole with atheist/agnostic is that they have zero answers to simplistic questions. Why should the sunrise or set be so beautiful. For appreciation? By what design is that. Why argue peace? When in the animal world the superior rules.

June 24, 2012 at 5:09 pm |
  4. TheCapitalist

It's amazing how atheists are EXACTLY what they accuse Christians of being...

Stubborn
    Sheltered in their own reality
    Dunning-Kruger effect
    Will not listen to reason or logic that does not comport with their worldview.
    Seek to impose their will on others and convert them.
    Mock and make fun of them as tactic to discredit them
    And... when confronted with their illogical belief system, a child-like covering of the ears in saying, "lalala I can't hear you."

June 24, 2012 at 5:00 pm |
    • Chuckles

Not the case, but nice try. What was it about how you disliked when people committed ad hominem attacks without substance? or the "nanny nanny boo boo" that apparently you are too good for?

It sucks to have everything thrown back in your face huh?

June 24, 2012 at 5:03 pm |
    • Eric G

I am sorry you feel that way. I really am curious as to why you believe what you do. Your lack of ability to provide verifiable evidence to satisfy the burden of proof inherent in your claims cannot be my responsibility. Try as we both might, the burden of proof cannot be shifted from those making a claim to those receiving it.

I have not mocked your belief, and I appologize if that is the way my questioning has been received. I only ask that you provide verifiable evidence that your god exists.

I have not discussed my beliefs in these posts, but you do claim to know quite a bit about them. Perhaps you can provide verifiable evidence that proves you know what I believe more than I do?

June 24, 2012 at 5:10 pm |
    • TheCapitalist

Chuckles...
      LOL... make an actual point for once and I'll reply...

June 24, 2012 at 5:11 pm |
    • tallulah13

I will always listen to reason and logic. But it has to be provided. EVERY time a christian has given me what they consider proof, I have done due diligence and checked it out. Sadly, their "proof" was nothing more than data twisted to fit a theory (rather than letting the data decide the theory), wishful thinking, hearsay or anecdotal evidence.

I have asked this question a few times on this site, and only one person had the courage to respond: Would you still be a christian if there were no promise of heaven or threat of hell?

June 24, 2012 at 5:12 pm |
    • Chuckles

@Eric

He's talking more about me because when I call him an idiot he thinks I'm being mean and resorting to name calling, but is stating a fact really name calling?

June 24, 2012 at 5:12 pm |
    • TheCapitalist

Eric G...
      I'll indulge you... here's a specific one...

"Surely He has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned everyone to his own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, and He was afflicted, yet He opened not His mouth: He is brought as a Lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so He opens not His mouth."

You ask anyone who this refers to, and they will invariably say Jesus. Atheist, Muslim, Christian, Catholic... you read this to them... they know that the ONLY person, in the entire history of the world, that this statement could POSSIBLY apply to is Jesus Christ. Hmmm...

That piece is found in the book of Isaiah, a copy of which is currently sitting in Jerusalem. The copy pre-dates the life of Jesus by 800 years.

June 24, 2012 at 5:19 pm |
    • TheCapitalist

Tallulah13...
      Have you honestly asked yourself if YOU are dismissing data that does not fit your paradigm? Do atheists “let data decide the theory”? Do they not take whatever data confirms what they already believe, and emphasize that, while de-emphasizing what is inconvenient? When the leader of the Human Genome Project converted to Christianity, atheists slandered him where they once lauded him. How’s that for objective analysis of evidence and data?

Yes I would still be a Christian regardless of heaven or hell.

June 24, 2012 at 5:22 pm |
    • AWW

He HAS made many many good points....but you simply play ignorant, throw in the old I said this but I meant that, and tippy toe around the fact that you have not a single ioda of proof......s8it tastes great cause I said it does, now s8ithead try it, like you try everything else that your told to do.

June 24, 2012 at 5:23 pm |
    • Eric G

@Chuckles: Perhaps I need to me more specific in my questions to Capitalist.

For example....

If, as the story goes, God created Adam and Eve as the first two humans, and Adam and Eve had two male children, who did their male children mate with to produce future generations?

I asked this of another believer and they said that they agreed that their are only two options available to explain this situation. Either the two male sons of Adam and Eve mated with the only human female, their mother, or that the Adam and Eve story was just a metaphor. I asked the believer if the Adam and Eve story was just a metaphor, did that make the Garden of Eden story a metaphor as well? When they confirmed that the Eden story was a metaphor as well, I asked where origianal sin came from?

No Garden of Eden, No Adam and Eve, no original sin, no need for Jesus to die for our sin.

And that, as they say, is Jenga.

June 24, 2012 at 5:27 pm |
    • TheCapitalist

check pg. 72

June 24, 2012 at 5:37 pm |
    • Smurfette

Cappy – a prophecy about Jesus would be, okay, in 514 years, on the 25th day of December, in the town of Bethlehem, a guy named jesus will be born. His parents are X and Y – his aunts and uncles are A, B, C D. His father's occupation will be Z. 33 years after his birth, at such and such a place, he will be charged by ZZ, and condemned to die by crucifixion. He will be crucified on RR date.

Now, a-ssuming that it can be historically verified that such a doc-ument exists, and was written 500 years before the events described, and a-ssuming that the events happen EXACTLY as written, SO WHAT?

All that you can take from that is SOMEHOW someone either made the best guess in history, or this person somehow saw the future, or was given the information, or something. You cannot simply subst-itute "I don't know" with "god". NOTHING in this scenario stands for proof that a god exists. This is an argument from ignorance – I don't know how, so it must be god. No, it does not mean that – it just means that the person has no explanation. it might be a god. It might be a twist in the time-space continuum. it might be that humans from 1000 years in the future developed time travel and went back in time. (I'm picturing a huge naked guy with an Austrian accent explaining to some poor goat-herder , "Alright, born in a manger! Zat's what I zaid! Hurry – write it down! Now I've got to get back to ze choppa!")

Prophecy does nothing to prove the existence of god. Nothing.

June 24, 2012 at 5:38 pm |
    • Eric G

@Capitalist: Apparently, you can ask anyone except an Egyptian. An Egyptian would tell you, without question, that this is the story of Horus. Horus was an Egyptian god who was worshiped about 3000 B.C. until and throuought the Roman occupation of Egypt. By the way, many recorded "first hand" witnesses observed his resurection as well.

I would invite you to research the similarities between the stories of Horus and Jesus. As a believer, I am sure you will find it interesting.

June 24, 2012 at 5:40 pm |
    • tallulah13

Cap: I wouldn't look at the "evidence" that christians provide if I wasn't interested in the truth. I would simply dismiss it out of hand. Instead, I look at what they provide, then because I certainly don't know everything, I look at the most neutral critique I can find, to help me understand. So far, I have found nothing that qualifies as evidence for the existence of any supreme being. If compelling evidence was provided, I would indeed believe. I was raised to be honest. I do not deny that which is proven to be true. Of course, belief wouldn't necessarily equate to worship, but that's a whole 'nother story.

I'm curious, cap. When the leader of the Human Genome Project converted, was he slandered or was his work slandered? There is a difference. Science stands up to scrutiny. If it doesn't it is replaced with data that does stand up to scrutiny. Personal attacks have no bearing.

Thank you for your answer to my question, by the way. I appreciate it.

June 24, 2012 at 5:50 pm |
    • Really?

Granny13-You are the biggest LIAR on this blog. Keep repeating to urself that you are honest does not make it true.

June 24, 2012 at 6:42 pm |
    • tallulah13

Hey Really, if you're going to call me a liar, please provide the evidence to support that claim.

June 24, 2012 at 11:52 pm |
  5. IslandAtheist

Her choice, but it's gonna be mighty cold up there.

June 24, 2012 at 4:59 pm |
  6. Bob

Smurfette,
    You make a great point!
    You are right the devil is free on this earth running his scams and even at times warping the minds of preachers.
    For me my first rule is everything I hear must be pass the test of what does God's word say. I find it is helpful
    to be in God's word and a mens bible study to have a better understanding as to what is truly from God.
    Also as a Christian I have the Holy Spirit to guide me to truth and to decern what is of the devil.

June 24, 2012 at 4:47 pm |
    • Smurfette

Bob, Bob, Bob. Bobbie. Boberino.

Listen. Although clearly divinely inspired, those words you're reading now have passed through many, many, many sets of human hands. hands that belong to men who can be corrupted. Lucifer is a sly and sneaky one, right? Maybe he said to god, hey, take a break – I'll look after the shop for a couple of millennia. And THAT's when he started to do his dirty deeds. A word her, a phrase there – bit by bit. it wouldn't take much, and the devil is patient.

So, Bob – how do you know? Does the fish think that that yummy worm in the water is anything other than dinner, until – CHOMP – it's too late. I'd hate for you to take the bait, Bob, because once that hook is set, you may never, ever escape.

Just something to think about, Bob.

June 24, 2012 at 4:54 pm |
  7. AWW

Did you ever think that MAYBE god is not good, but evil, and he's fishing for suckers, so he built his house of cards, just to lore us in. Do you ever think your life could be a dream, and you'll awake to find it's all bulls9it? well get awake folks, it is bulls9it.

June 24, 2012 at 4:41 pm |
    • TheCapitalist

That is exactly the doctrine of Luciferianism.

June 24, 2012 at 4:53 pm |
    • JWT

Unfortunately many peoples version of god portrays him as a schoolyard bully. Not a helpful image.

June 24, 2012 at 6:10 pm |
    • AWW

@C I don't belong to your nasty little cult, therefor I don't believe in your little bully Lucifer, is all you got buddy? laughable at the least...

June 24, 2012 at 6:50 pm |
  8. Smurfette

I believe in Santa Claus. No, I really. really, really do. Santa is real, and powerful, and I have devoted my life to Him. I have read the divinely inspired stories. He knows when you're been sleeping. He knows when you're awake. He has improved my life. You must follow him or you will incur his wrath. He is all-powerful. I have seen Santa. i have prayed to him, and he has answered my prayers.
    Anyone who does not believe in Santa is deluded and has put their soul at risk.

Now, honestly – if I was being sincere when i said that, people would think that – what? I was crazy? Delusional? Mentally ill?

All very logical views to take. And, if you can understand the logic underlying those views, perhaps the believers can understand why atheists sometime think – and accuse – believers of being mentally ill or delusional. It is a comparable situation.

You actually believe that Santa is real?
    You actually believe that god and jesus are real?

Now, in fairness, there has been 2000 years of indoctrination going on, and someone who is raised in that closed system simply accepts that as "reality". I think that sometimes the intent behind the comments posted here by non-believers is to try to crack open the smallest hole in this "reality", to let the believers know – or at least start to consider the possibility – that there is more outside of their reality.

Oh, how about this; ever see the movie "The Matrix"? people within the Matrix (believers) are so enmeshed in the matrix, and have been all of their lives, that is the only reality they know. it is only when they gain knowledge of the real outside world that they can break free.

June 24, 2012 at 4:38 pm |
    • TheCapitalist

And when will you consider that there is “more outside your reality”? In fairness, you’ve grown up being indoctrinated to hate God and Christians, but perhaps we can “crack open the smallest hole into that ‘reality’”. People within the Matrix (atheists), are so enmeshed in it… that that is the only reality they know.

EVERYTHING you say are generalized rantings of closed-mindedness.

I’ve considered BOTH sides, you’ve considered ONE. You have no right to lecture anyone on being closed-minded

June 24, 2012 at 4:57 pm |
    • Chuckles

Hahahaha!!! We're enmeshed in the matrix?! Does that make you Neo?

For the record Cappy, I grew up very jewish, had a b'nai mitzvah, learned to love thy neighbor and yada yada yada, it was only after I considered other religions like Buddhism and Hinduism and realized that drastic differences in religions based simply on distance, it seemed funny to me that an all powerful god wouldn't be able to project his message across the earth but could only rely on some middle easterners to do it for him. As you can see from the results, the "god" part may have spread but his message has been shattered into thousands of splinter sects. Doesn't that give you at least some pause that your god can't even get his own message straight, let alone tell the chinese, the indians, the native americans in both north and south america, or lower africa?

June 24, 2012 at 5:01 pm |
    • Smurfette

Cappy, i am absolutely open to consider that there is more outside my reality. i'll up you one – i believe that there is more outside my reality. But, where we differ (I think) is that I do not claim to KNOW what the answer is. A good friend (and staunch Catholic) once referred to me as a "seeker"). So, yes – I want to know what the answers are. But I'm not going to buy the first bottle of snake oil someone offers me. I'm going to look at claims critically. I'm leaving all paths open for exploration. Everything i say and believe could be 100% wrong – I don't know. But I'll keep fumbling along looking for the light

Now, Cappy: can you make that same claim to an open mind? Or, do you have THE ANSWER. 100% certainty. No need to look further.

Oh, and by the way, I've now received the answer. 42.

June 24, 2012 at 5:20 pm |
  9. Kay

I spend about an hour a day on my laptop, and I always come here first for a good laugh.....And I have one thing to say........ANYTHING that tries to brainwash us with, worship and deep devotion, and total control of our lives.. in exchange for favors........ IS NOT GOOD !!

June 24, 2012 at 4:36 pm |
    • The Amazing Insights of Alvin Slkunk, Christian

That's not true at all, Kay! Everyone knows that a true God would attract you to his superior wisdom by bribing you with promises of happy-happy land if you obey and threatens you with eternal torture if you don't. Just like a real God would send the really nice, caring, generous person to hell for not obeying, and would allow the worst mass murderer into heaven if he agrees to obey at the last second.

It's just so obviously true.

June 24, 2012 at 4:45 pm |
    • TheCapitalist

Alvin Skunk…
      LOL… and I’m sure YOU’re the “really nice, caring, generous person” according to your oh-so-enlightened standards.

June 24, 2012 at 5:03 pm |
  10. Bob

Chief,
    Great question! One loves God because He first demonstrated His love for you and me at Calvary. His plan for my
    life is perfect if I would only listen and follow. Some times I mess up and go my own way, but He forgives me.
    I will not have any fear, as a result, of hell fire.

June 24, 2012 at 4:27 pm |
  11. Truth

In the story, she says you have to go with the facts. If she did that, she would not choose religion.

June 24, 2012 at 4:24 pm |
    • JWT

She chose one set of facts – nothing wrong with that – but there are more than one set

June 24, 2012 at 4:35 pm |
    • tallulah13

Actually, there is only a single set of facts, but there are an endless number of interpretations.

June 24, 2012 at 5:04 pm |
    • JWT

Amounts to the same difference in the end.

June 24, 2012 at 5:22 pm |
    • tallulah13

Not really JWT. In the end, the real facts will still determine the outcome. Interpretation only controls personal behaviors.

June 24, 2012 at 5:31 pm |
    • JWT

There are no facts in this situartion only supposition.

June 24, 2012 at 6:13 pm |
    • tallulah13

JWT, there are ALWAYS facts. Just because they are unknown doesn't mean they don't exist.

June 24, 2012 at 11:54 pm |
  12. Reality

More reading for Leah:

Think about the logic (or lack thereof).

“Catholics believe the Bible is inspired.” “Why?” “Because it says so.” Would your
    anyone let that logic pass if it came from the followers of any other book
    or person? “I believe x is inspired because x says so.” Fill in the blanks:

x=Pat Robertson
    x=the ayatolloah Sistani
    x=David Koresh
    x=the Koran
    x=the pope
    x= Monsignor Lynn

more “logic”?

“I believe there is One God Jehovah because He is revealed in the infallible
    Bible. I believe the Bible is infallible because it is the Word of the One God Jehovah.”

June 24, 2012 at 4:19 pm |
    • IamIsaid

HOLY MOLEY...look in the mirror and get in the back of the line behind the rest of the NUTZ

June 24, 2012 at 4:26 pm |
    • Reality

And the education of Leah continues with

Julia Sweeney's , Letting Go of God:

(Ex-Catholic, now atheist) Julia Sweeney's monologue "Letting Go Of God" will be one of the final nails in the coffin of religious belief/faith and is and will continue to be more effective than any money-generating book or blog on the historical Jesus, your "Ultimate Happiness Prescription", atheism or secularism.

Buy the DVD or watch it on Showtime. Check your cable listings.

from http://www.amazon.com

"Letting Go of God ~ Julia Sweeney (DVD – 2008)

Five Star Rating

June 24, 2012 at 6:18 pm |
  13. Leah Libresco - update

Okay, I'm Wiccan now! Changed my blog name again. Basically, the Aristotelian post-modern deconstructions and hermaneutical Marxist-feminist subsets of Catholicism eventually became clear to me, so I suddenly realized that the post-left Stirner-influenced egoist-anarchism and most completely embraced the Kantean meta-morality of the solipcistic universe, so I instantly became one.

And I liked the fashions.

The Catholics were reasonably good about my leaving their faith, though I am glad they were not able to get the fire lit before I frees my hands and ran away. But this truly is the absolute right way, my final choice, absolute.

Though such absolutism is, as Derrida would readily note, an rejection of the word-and-play mandatory for hyperreality and physical pluralist, and of course as everybody knows, the phenomenological entrope that Husserl wrote so eloquently about would therefore lead one unerringly to leprechaunism.

It's all so clear to me now. I must become a belly-dancing Armenian junky if I am to become one with Moral Law.

June 24, 2012 at 4:16 pm |
    • Paul of Taurus (Ford)

I read her blog. She actually writes like that.

June 24, 2012 at 4:52 pm |
  14. GOD

I created Hitler. Who am I? Zeus? Appollo? Rah the Sun God? Tamonten? Nope. I'm the white guy from christianity. All other gods are conveniently fake. Baa baa, Sheeple.

June 24, 2012 at 4:16 pm |
  15. Mitt Romney

We christians need to come together and get rid of the atheists. Sharia Law!!

June 24, 2012 at 4:14 pm |
    • mothership

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...and that's your christian answer.....loser

June 24, 2012 at 4:19 pm |
    • mothership

That's the SAME as let's get rid of the person and keep the tumor...AS8HOLE

June 24, 2012 at 4:20 pm |
    • Truth

He is just being sarcastic. A Poe.

June 24, 2012 at 4:28 pm |
  16. PRISM 1234

This is a post someone posted somewhere earlier.
    I think it is one of the best ones that fits the atheists...I agree wholeheartedly!

"I have come to believe that many atheists suffer from exactly what they accuse believers of. A sort of comprehension deficit that prohibits them from experiencing anything outside of their own pre-described cognitive parameters. It's like they cover their eyes with their hands and then demand proof that it is daylight. I do not think this is intentional. I think they are burdened with a kind of hyper intellect that demands the universe fit into their box called science. Get them out of the box and they have a limited capacity to experience anything. It HAS to make sense. The sad part for them is that God is in comprehensible to man so He cannot make sense to us. Rather we are not able to make sense of Him.

Conversely, believer are doing exactly what atheist tell us we are doing by speaking to them about a reality which they cannot fathom. It really is an assault on their cognitive structure which appears abusive and insane to them. We should really treat them with greater regard for their deficiency."
    Bill Deacon

June 24, 2012 at 4:06 pm |
    • Mitt Romney

Out of the billions of other planets in the universe, the one true god happens to center around Earth during our lifetimes. Lucky us. Evolution is fake. The world started with just Adam, Eve and a talking magic snake. Dinosaurs existed alongside modern man. Every other religion is fake except mine.

June 24, 2012 at 4:08 pm |
    • Deb

there you are !! again with your useless babble...end this once for all and present forth your proof. You have to prove something exists, not us ! Show up or shut up...When your religious mongers show proof, we will stop. Show tangible proof, like the proof of dinosaurs, proof we have been to outer space, proof like hail, snow, insects, cars, animals, water, all can be proven, so they exist. SHOW PROOF it is real., and don't try to pull the old faith rabbit out of your hat. PROOF and you call us crazy, look in the god-damn mirror.

June 24, 2012 at 4:17 pm |
    • IamIsaid

@BD.........you brother are the biggest hypocrite I have ever seen. Revel in your insanity, and let Atheist out of it

June 24, 2012 at 4:22 pm |
    • tallulah13

What a load of nonsense, Prism. A wise person will not believe in something without proof. Only a fool or a child believes in something for which there isn't a shred of evidence.

Your god is entirely comprehensible, just like every other one of the thousands of gods humanity has worshiped: If you don't understand something, say that god did it. (or Zeus or Odin or Osiris, et al.) It is no coincidence that the number of gods worshiped decreased as knowledge of the natural world was gained. Death is the greatest unknown of all, therefore you christians cling to the most favorable myth of afterlife, rather than accept the logical conclusion that your existence is finite.

June 24, 2012 at 4:33 pm |
    • PRISM 1234

LOL! .....And you call us, Christians militant fundies?
      Deb is the good specimen of Atheist fundies! And sooooo militant!
      Hey, Deb, how come you're so uncultured? I thought you atheists are so much more advanced, and refined and of superior inteligence! Where did you leave yours?

June 24, 2012 at 5:29 pm |
    • Deb

@prism1234.....yep, blame me, for your lack of proof, that's giving the old heave ho.......nice-try, but your still cannot give an intelligent response....loser

June 24, 2012 at 7:01 pm |
    • Deb

June 24, 2012 at 7:02 pm |
    • Deb

@prism1234.....yep, blame me, for your lack of proof, that's giving it the old heave ho.......nice-try, but you still cannot give an intelligent response.......loser

June 24, 2012 at 7:02 pm |
  17. Mitt Romney

Thanks to all religious sheep out there. Without your support and ignorance, I would have no chance otherwise among the educated public.

June 24, 2012 at 4:05 pm |
  18. majav

This is what people do. They change their minds and beliefs. Beliefs are not static. What you believed when you were 10, 20, 30 and so on is vastly different when you turn 80. What you believe is not the truth.

There is no truth when it comes to fantasy no matter how elaborate fantasies, such as Catholicism, becomes. Anyone who tells you differently is a liar, well intended as they might be.

Atheism is a great start because you are not prone to push your beliefs down someone else's throat.

I wish everyone acted like a quiet atheist out of respect for other people and kept their beliefs to themselves knowing full well, in time, beliefs will surely change.

Loud atheists aren't much different than loud believers. The arrogance to think you know more "truth" when it is nothing but subjective fantasy speaks volumes about the silliness of religion. Pure hogwash. Atheism too.

Speculation and conjecture. Predicting what God is or could be is like predicting who will win the World Series in a hundred years. Why bother?

Isn't it enough to know that we know nothing about what we don't know?

Live a decent life. Be kind. Compassionate. Gentle. Generous. Accepting. Patient. Open minded.
    If your beliefs help you do that I am all for it. If your beliefs get in the way of that, don't you think it time to give them up and come up with a new game plan?

Whether you tout a Catholic or atheist perspective is fairly irrelevant if you are a mean-spirited vindictive person.
    If you are kind, honest, respectful, and considerate it is irrelevant also.
    To me anyway.

June 24, 2012 at 4:03 pm |
    • popeye1128

Amen! Very well said. You get a gold star.

June 24, 2012 at 4:06 pm |
    • IamIsaid

Like FAITH and PREDICTING and playing make-believe......There is lack of proof, therefor it does not exist !

June 24, 2012 at 4:24 pm |
    • tallulah13

I used to think that way, until the evangelical crowd decided that they wanted to force their beliefs into the laws of this nation. Now, I am outspoken about my beliefs, because silence implies approval.

June 24, 2012 at 4:35 pm |
  19. popeye1128

All popular religions talk about smiting or doing away with non-believers of their particular brand. It is what turns me off from all of them. You're not really saved or a person unless you believe their particular flavor.

They all claim to be the 'one true faith'. Kind of a joke really. I believe or disbelieve what I want. Not what some church or religious sect tells me to believe or not believe.

June 24, 2012 at 4:01 pm |
  20. jimdkc

I think I love Smurfette!

June 24, 2012 at 3:59 pm |
    • Smurfette

Hey, Jimmy, meet me under the mushroom just outside of the village and in a few minutes I'll be blue and you'll be blew!

June 24, 2012 at 4:43 pm |
    • Ka

Was that funny in your head?

June 24, 2012 at 5:19 pm |