home
RSS
July 9th, 2012

Belief Blog's Morning Speed Read for Monday, July 9

By Laura Koran, CNN

Here's the Belief Blog’s morning rundown of the top faith-angle stories from around the United States and around the world. Click the headlines for the full stories.

From the Blog:

CNN: Circumcision ritual under fire in New York due to risk of herpes infection
A controversial Jewish circumcision ritual is under fire after allegedly causing the deaths of two infants and exposing potentially thousands more to the risk of herpes infections. New York City health officials are pushing a proposed regulation that would require parents to sign a consent waiver before they take part in a circumcision ritual called "metzitzah b'peh," typically practiced by ultra-Orthodox Jews. The ritual potentially poses a fatal risk to newborns, according to the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.

CNN: My Ethics: In politics, ethics matter more than issues
Every four years, we go through a long and tortuous process of winnowing down a field of candidates to the two that are presumably best suited to lead us. We make our decision by focusing on two things: the candidates’ position on issues and their character. We seem to spend the bulk of our time on the issues, debating endlessly the details of a candidate’s policies on immigration, health care, foreign affairs or the economy. Yet the deciding factor, the one that tips the undecided voter, is perception of a leader’s character. We talk about character far less but it weighs upon us far more.

Hadhrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad, the leader of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, presides over a sermon to his followers in suburban Washington, D.C.

CNN: Islamic sect has appealing message for U.S. politicians but has global enemies
You’ve almost certainly never heard of him, but Hadhrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad drew some serious star power at a recent Capitol Hill reception in his honor. House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi and Republican Sen. John Cornyn were among the many lawmakers who showed up to meet Ahmad, a Muslim leader who was in town last week on a rare U.S. visit from London. At a time when the United States is struggling with its views about Islam – as Islamists gain power in the Middle East and with ongoing concerns about Quran-citing terrorists – it’s not hard to see Ahmad’s appeal to both parties. As he said in his Capitol Hill speech, he has “love for all, hatred for none.”

CNN: Archbishop Desmond Tutu: End the suffering in the Sudans
Author: Archbishop Desmond Tutu is often described as South Africa's moral conscience and is a global champion for human rights. A passionate and compelling speaker, he took the anti-apartheid struggle to the world. In his own country, he led thousands of people in demonstrations, always preaching non-violence. In 1984 he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, and later chaired South Africa's Truth and Reconciliation Commission to examine apartheid-era crimes. Archbishop Tutu is Chair of The Elders.

CNN: Melinda Gates defends financing contraception in light of her Catholicism
Responding to simmering controversy among Catholic bloggers about her new birth control program, Melinda Gates – a practicing Catholic – said she will not shrink from her role as an advocate for poor women. "Part of what I do with the (Gates) Foundation comes form that incredible social justice I had growing up and belief that all lives, all lives are of equal value," said Gates during a recent interview with CNN chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta.

Tweets of the Day:

Enlightening Reads:

The New York Times: Rift Forms in Movement as Belief in Gay ‘Cure’ Is Renounced
For more than three decades, Exodus International has been the leading force in the so-called ex-gay movement, which holds that homosexuals can be “cured” through Christian prayer and psychotherapy. But the ex-gay movement has been convulsed as the leader of Exodus, in a series of public statements and a speech to the group’s annual meeting last week, renounced some of the movement’s core beliefs.

The Washington Post: Black women are among country’s most religious groups
A nationwide survey conducted by The Washington Post and the Kaiser Family Foundation reveals that as a group, black women are among the most religious people in the nation. Although black men are almost as religious as their female counterparts, there is a more stark divide along racial lines. The survey found that 74 percent of black women and 70 percent of black men said that “living a religious life” is very important. On that same question, the number falls to 57 percent of white women and 43 percent of white men.

The Tennessean: Reform Jews reach out to converts like never before
It used to be a secret test — rabbis turning potential converts away three times before allowing them to study Judaism. Then a “Sex and the City” character’s on-screen conversion took the mystery out of that tradition — the series famously demonstrated Charlotte bearing repeated slams of the synagogue door in her face. “Now some people feel that, if I don’t return an email right away, that’s what I’m doing,” joked Rabbi Shana Mackler, who leads conversion classes at The Temple, Congregation Ohabai Sholom in Belle Meade.

The Los Angeles Times: Man found not guilty in priest revenge attack: ‘I was wrong’
William Lynch, the San Francisco man who attacked a priest he accused of molesting him, said his actions were wrong - even if a jury did not convict him on Thursday. The jury found him not guilty of felony assault and felony elder abuse, despite his admission that he attacked Father Jerold Lindner in 2010. They were split on a final charge of misdemeanor assault and a Santa Clara County judge declared a mistrial on that count.

Quote of the Day:

We started the Web site in 2007 because I’m a little bit obsessed with Starbucks, and I also have a strong interest in kosher. It started as a personal endeavor, to figure out what was kosher and what wasn’t. Eventually I had friends asking me, and I figured I would put it up on the Web. It started small, and just grew.

Uri Ort, a 26 year-old Orthodox Jew from Manhattan, told the New York Times about the popular website kosherstarbucks.com, which he started with his brother Teddy. The website outlines which Starbucks beverages are kosher, and which are not. Ort maintains a wide network of barista friends who have helped him keep the site up to date.

Join the conversation…

CNN: AME Church likens Congress’s Holder vote to ‘evil strategies’ following Reconstruction
The country’s oldest black religious denomination is blasting Congress’s recent vote holding Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt as similar to the “evil strategies employed following the Reconstruction era.” The African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church said that House members who voted last week to condemn America’s first African-American Attorney General “have been consistently and systematically disrespectful,” in a resolution passed late last week.

- CNN's Laura Koran

Filed under: Uncategorized

1. Flex3D T10 3D wheel aligner

Hello there, I found your web site by means of Google while searching for a similar topic, your site came up, it appears to be like good. I have added to favourites|added to bookmarks.

July 21, 2012 at 5:07 pm |
  2. pakistan,pakistan pictures,modern pakistan,pakistanis,love pakistan,scenes from pakistan

Excellent post. I was checking continuously this weblog and I am inspired! Very useful info specially the closing phase 🙂 I handle such information a lot. I was seeking this particular information for a long time. Thanks and best of luck.

July 21, 2012 at 4:29 pm |
  3. dog videos

I've been browsing on-line more than three hours today, yet I by no means found any attention-grabbing article like yours. It is lovely price enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made excellent content material as you probably did, the internet might be a lot more useful than ever before.

July 21, 2012 at 9:17 am |
  4. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things

July 12, 2012 at 9:00 pm |
    • Jesus

The statistical studies from the nineteenth century and the three CCU studies on prayer are quite consistent with the fact that humanity is wasting a huge amount of time on a procedure that simply doesn’t work. Nonetheless, faith in prayer is so pervasive and deeply rooted, you can be sure believers will continue to devise future studies in a desperate effort to confirm their beliefs:!

July 13, 2012 at 11:00 am |
  5. Heaven Sent

I like thinking about people burning. If fact I get off on fires, and people burning. My Jesus loves se'xual ar.senists.

July 9, 2012 at 8:38 pm |
    • HeavenSent

I like to put on diapers and look like Jesus. I have this huge cross mounted on my trailer. I crawl up onto it and I can see all the sinners below that will burn, burn, burn, burn

Amen.

July 9, 2012 at 8:46 pm |
    • HeavenSent

All atheists are liars and cheats that follow satan's lies ... as they resort to to stealing handles to babble their baloney.

Still obsessed there TT. Now go take your meds like the good doctor told you to.

July 9, 2012 at 8:50 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Tommy you don't believe as I do, therfore you will burn burn burn

Amen.

July 9, 2012 at 8:52 pm |
    • Heaven Sent

I like thinking about having my diapers changed. I then set them on fire. If they are wet, they don't always burn as well as I'd like.

July 9, 2012 at 8:55 pm |
    • pozguy

Living with Herpes is really hard, especially when you are a single. According to a report from the largest Herpes singles dating site HerpesSupport , n et, 98% of its members who used to be on a general dating site to find the love and support were rejected by others. That could be the reason that why HerpesSupport ,n et is so popular and now has more than 650,000 members. It owns the most activity herpes blogs/forums and the most professional herpes counselor. It offers 24X7 customer services.

July 9, 2012 at 9:07 pm |
    • Barry Wom

The easiest way to tell that the original poster is not the true HeavenSent is the first three words, which HS would NEVER say!

July 9, 2012 at 9:28 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Very funny worm. Your brains were fried on the beach that you believe you tackled.

July 9, 2012 at 9:47 pm |
    • Heaven Sent

Jesus turned me into a carnal woman. We all make mistakes.

July 9, 2012 at 10:00 pm |
    • HeavenSent

You're still a loose phony heavensent ... you need to get a life and stop obsessing. Then again, you prove that chaos is what it's all about with you atheists (cough) talmud thumpers.

July 9, 2012 at 10:07 pm |
  6. HeavenSent

Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son, if you deny Jesus' truth, you are following the lies of the Talmud. Whether you read and abide in it's lies, you do it on your own accord or the teachers who taught you to reject Jesus' truth do. Choose your poison, you still allowed the mark of the beast to engulf your mind.

July 9, 2012 at 5:56 pm |
    • Lucifer's Evil Twin™

"mark of the beast" ... Hahaha...

July 9, 2012 at 5:59 pm |
    • Lucifer's Evil Twin™

LET's Religiosity Law #2 – If you use words and phrases like: "mark of the beast.”  Then you are definitely mentally retarded.

July 9, 2012 at 6:03 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Hey, genius, "it's" = it is.

As for the rest of the drivel, your proxy threats are useless. It's your hell; you burn in it.

July 9, 2012 at 6:03 pm |
    • Lucifer's Evil Twin™

I see two problems with heaven and hell. First, heaven will be full of christians so that'll suck. Second, hell will be filled to the brim with "good" christians which will probably also suck. So kind of a lose-lose scenario either way. – LET

July 9, 2012 at 6:07 pm |
    • Lucifer's Evil Twin™

Well, this has been hilarious, but the wife is calling me to dinner... Ciao

July 9, 2012 at 6:10 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

If you use words like 'carnal', you're probably crazy.

July 9, 2012 at 6:11 pm |
    • David Lee

Heaven Sent, I denied God's Truth about me for decades, and all it got me was exhaustion and loneliness. Don't you fathom that God's Truth may be different for everyone? Isn't it entirely possible that God actually created gays and lesbians, so that they might love each other as Christ loved us. The Bible isn't a set of "rules and regulations," it is a compendium of stories about people trying to discern God's Will for them and their tribes. You can chart our growing awareness of God's unimaginable love for us as we grow in understanding of God–what a difference between the Penteteuch and the Gospel of John!

July 9, 2012 at 6:18 pm |
    • llɐq ʎʞɔnq

First of all, the Talmud pre-dates Christianity by centuries, so HS basically is showing her ignorance. HS has no clue what the Talmud actually is., (or the Torah for that matter). Secondly, this statement is basically the same thing as saying "atheism is a religion". Denial of HS's brand of Christianity, (one of 33,000 sects of Xtianity), or Christianity in general, is not a positive as'sertion of something *else*. It's simply the absence of something. They are not the same thing. HS is unable to think critically, outside the confines of her very limited childish paradigm. Jesus would be appalled to see HS acting the way she does. "Judge not, lest ye be judged". Sound familiar HS ?

July 9, 2012 at 6:24 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

bucky, I always enjoy your posts. Are/were you a divinity student?

July 9, 2012 at 6:26 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Bucky, stop lying. Every Christian knows that those that follow the talmud book of lies are re-writing history. What? Do you think we never read you collection of filth?

July 9, 2012 at 7:01 pm |
    • llɐq ʎʞɔnq

July 9, 2012 at 7:08 pm |
    • llɐq ʎʞɔnq

So, HS knows "every Christian". She does get around. Tell us HS, what exactly is the Talmud ?

July 9, 2012 at 7:10 pm |
    • HeavenSent

3 things that matter the most to me and all I ever post about. Non-believers are dead bones and will burn for eternity, the Talmud is a book of lies and the bible is God's letter to us. That it PERIOD. Do not ask me to address anything else. I cannot because I declare and do not discuss.

Amen.

July 9, 2012 at 7:20 pm |

@HeavenSent

In othe words, you know nothing, and don't care to know anything.

July 9, 2012 at 7:26 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Typical atheist and their lies. Stealing my handle to post their nonsense.

July 9, 2012 at 7:27 pm |

hawaiiguest

@HeavenSent

In othe words, you know nothing, and don't care to know anything.

July 9, 2012 at 7:29 pm |
    • HeavenSent

HawiiaGuest, go waste your money being educated by satan's minions (that lie and twist Jesus truth) that took over the universities. Oh, they'll have a few legit folks with degrees as front people ... to quash any concerns.

July 9, 2012 at 7:30 pm |

HeavenSent

Typical atheist and their lies. Stealing my handle to post their nonsense.

I steal my own handle to blame all Atheists

July 9, 2012 at 7:30 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Anybody against me does the work of Satan.

Amen.

July 9, 2012 at 7:32 pm |

@HeavenSent

So back to paranoia and conspiracy theories, you know, it's just getting to be predictable at this point. Then again, since you only post useless idiocy anyway, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you're incapable of anything more.

July 9, 2012 at 7:34 pm |
    • HeavenSent

You are so foolish and have no clue what is in store for you if you do not accept Jesus's love. Burn burn burn

Amen

July 9, 2012 at 7:38 pm |
    • HeavenSent

hawaiiguest, LOL. Have fun answering yourself. I've got work to do. Bye, bye.

July 9, 2012 at 7:42 pm |
    • llɐq ʎʞɔnq

I declare the moon is made of green cheese. I declare, and do not discuss. Declaring it, makes it true.
      (I knew she didn't really know what the Talmud was.)

July 9, 2012 at 7:43 pm |

@HeavenSent

So so pedictable. You continue to show your sadistic nature, and I will continue to print out things like this to show people the brain damage that can be caused by religion.

July 9, 2012 at 7:43 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Seriously Tommie, change your handle to Cybil.

July 9, 2012 at 7:43 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Burn, burn, burn, burn, burn

Matti wins

July 9, 2012 at 7:46 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Tommy doing the work of the Devil. You must enjoy yourself. Too bad you will burn burn burn

Amen.

July 9, 2012 at 7:49 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son I will keep it simple for your simple Atheist mind. If you do not believe as I do, then you follow the Father of Lies. Not sure how simplier I can say it.

Amen.

July 9, 2012 at 8:50 pm |
    • HeavenSent

David Lee, my original post to you was blocked as the atheists on this site took up my time ad nauseum ... to answer their baloney.

Read John 15. Gay folks pay attention to the lies of this world AND do not focus on Jesus' truth.

July 9, 2012 at 8:53 pm |
    • HeavenSent

hawaiiguest, you make me laugh knowing, you weren't the fittest of the survivors who got their brains fried crawling on their bellies out of the oceans' depths.

July 9, 2012 at 9:52 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

I still can't tell if that's the real or fake HeavenSent.

July 9, 2012 at 9:58 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Bucky, you posted "Not exactly. Am slowly working on a degree in Comparative, (ancient) Literature/Biblical Archaeology, (during summers, etc.), but it will take a long time, as it's not my main field. It's just a hobby, in a way. I am serious, and curious about ancient history, but I will never work in the field, most likely. I take some classes in a Divinity school. You'd be amazed how many non-believers there are there."

July 9, 2012 at 10:11 pm |
    • HeavenSent

hawaiiguest, that was me that said you make me laugh. You're the one that is jumping through the heathens hoops. I'm just laughing until you get a grip and stop assuming these fools that steal my handle to post their nonsense is me.

July 9, 2012 at 10:14 pm |

@HeavenSent

Like I said on the other thread, the content and venom is pretty much the same. The fact that you cannot see your own poisonous words and evil intention isn't anyones fault but yours.

July 9, 2012 at 10:17 pm |

@HeavenSent

It's also hard for me to accept that someone can say something so stupid.

July 9, 2012 at 10:19 pm |
    • HeavenSent

llɐq ʎʞɔnq, you posted "Exactly. OMG. One of the MOST important things to this mentally deranged person is the immortal torture of others. She declares, and does not discuss. Is "declares" an effective strategy ? Hmm.
      (I knew she didn't really know what the Talmud was.)"

Answer: How can any Christian discuss anything with the atheists on this site. Our handles get hi-jacked to post babble .. which is exactly the chaos they want to create. As for the rag talmud. Unfortunately I've read too much of that filth.

July 9, 2012 at 10:21 pm |
    • A Frayed Knot

HeavenSent:
      "As for the rag talmud. Unfortunately I've read too much of that filth."

Yeah, ol' Nick Goggin picked out some real juicy parts of it for you, huh?

July 9, 2012 at 10:24 pm |
    • HeavenSent

hawaiiguest, put it this way in your mind. Some day ... you and I will be posting at the same time without obsessive personalities hi-jacking my handle. Then we'll serious write to each other. Until then, expect this chaos to continue until the children are put to bed.

July 9, 2012 at 10:25 pm |
    • HeavenSent

A Frayed Knot, actually, my grandfather's older siblings were Jewish and a few brothers were Rabbis ... which caused all the discussions around the dinner tables during the holidays. I do believe I wrote this before.

July 9, 2012 at 10:28 pm |

@HeavenSent

Well it would be a very interesting day when I read a post from you where you present any evidence for your beliefs, or at least give good reasons (as per 1 Peter 3:15).

July 9, 2012 at 10:31 pm |
    • A Frayed Knot

HeavenSent,

Sorry, I am not all that avid in following your posts. I do know that much of what I have seen you say comes right from the Watchmen site.... "ad nauseam".

July 9, 2012 at 10:37 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Actually, the ad nauseum phrase was used in the late 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s ... prior to the newspapers being swallowed up. Today, they run it one time, if you miss it ... poof, gone.

I enjoy their site. They are true Christians that have uncovered many of Jesus' truth in scriptures.

July 10, 2012 at 11:52 am |

Romans 12:19

July 10, 2012 at 11:59 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

HS says: Answer: All divinity schools are the atheists re-writing Jesus' truth. Do you believe this is something new to the Christian that reads the Bible? LOL. They get their piled higher and deeper degrees (Ph.Ds) and assume they know something and spread the lies taught them ... that Jesus' truth is a fairy tale.

-----

Is this the real you, HS?

You're loony.

July 10, 2012 at 12:08 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Tom, I am afraid so. I try to act as crazy but she tops crazy everytime. lol It is her. lol

July 10, 2012 at 12:10 pm |
  7. Tom Tom Piper's Son

I'm a Q.U.E.E.R, bow!

July 9, 2012 at 5:56 pm |
  8. HeavenSent

Romans 12:19

July 9, 2012 at 5:03 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Get lost Tommie Tom, your side always looses then steals Christians' handles to post your nonsense. The sin of Envy blinds you atheist..

July 9, 2012 at 5:17 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

It's no wonder people make fun of you, HS. That wasn't me.

July 9, 2012 at 5:21 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Oh, Tommie Tom blogs for herself and not using another dummy handle to defend her. My, my. Jesus' righteousness can rub off ... on you. You still posted that as I won the battle with another one of your dummy handles aka Evil Twin.

July 9, 2012 at 5:27 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

OK, you're the fake HS. Go blow.

July 9, 2012 at 5:28 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Tommie Tom, don't get angry (wrath) ... just go away.

July 9, 2012 at 5:30 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

I'm not mad. And I'm not going away.

When you get tired of being an ass hole, alert the media.

July 9, 2012 at 5:31 pm |
    • Lucifer's Evil Twin™

LOL... I must have upset the trailer-park cow....

July 9, 2012 at 5:35 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Evil Twin, haven't you ever put the talmud down to read Jesus' truth? Sizzle, sizzle, like fat on the spit.

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Romans 12:19

Amen.

July 9, 2012 at 5:50 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

What is with the talmud nonsense?

July 9, 2012 at 5:52 pm |
    • HeavenSent

The Talmud was written by Kenites (seeds of Cain, who was the seed of satan) to fool the jews in Biblical times to reject Jesus' truth and follow satan's lies. It is what was taught to you to deny the truth of Jesus ... that he's a fairy tale, etc. that you've posted many times on this blog. Either you know it's lies first hand or you were indoctrinated of satan's lies your teachers. Your choice. You still have the mark of the beast engulfing your mind. Do you still believe you thought of the lies about Jesus on your own?

July 9, 2012 at 6:03 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Sweetie pie, I went to church from birth through my early adult years. Don't even bother with you silly "mark of the beast" crap. I didn't buy it then, and I don't buy it now.

July 9, 2012 at 6:13 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Tommie, Tom ... why are you practicing Matthew 26:59  over and over again. Forget history and it repeats itself.

July 9, 2012 at 6:41 pm |
    • HeavenSent

It pleases the Lord when you touch yourself.

Amen.

July 9, 2012 at 7:21 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Sore (carnal) atheist losers having to steal my handle to post their babble. LOL. Irks you folks that not everyone believes the lies that are taking over Jesus' truth in this country. You atheists are a disgrace and enemies against the USA as well as all the other countries you infiltrated. Laugh now, because Jesus knows His enemies ... you can't slither under any of your rocks when you go back and meet Him.

July 9, 2012 at 7:34 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Dearly beloved, touch not yourselves, but [rather] give your body to another: for it is written, oragasim is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord....

Romans 12:19

July 9, 2012 at 8:01 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Sorry atheists, Christians aren't as simple as you. Even while stealing my handle, your babble is pathetic.

July 9, 2012 at 8:56 pm |
  9. Lucifer's Evil Twin™

LET's Religiosity Law #1 – If Jesus came back today he would be shot in the head. That's what you do to put down zombies; otherwise they eat your brains.

July 9, 2012 at 4:04 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Lucifer, still envious of Jesus, I read.

Matthew 27:17   Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ?

Matthew 27:18   For he knew that for envy they had delivered him.

Amen.

July 9, 2012 at 4:58 pm |
    • Lucifer's Evil Twin™

LET's Religiosity Law #3 – If you habitually spout off verses from your "holy" book to make whatever inane point you're trying to make, and not once does it occur to you to question whether your book is accurate in the first place, then you are definitely mentally retarded. (See Law #4 & #5)

July 9, 2012 at 5:25 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Evil Twin, Jesus' truth is perfect. It's you fools that follow satan's lies in the Talmud, that don't comprehend this fact.

July 9, 2012 at 5:29 pm |

Romans 12:19

July 9, 2012 at 8:02 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Phony heavensent abides in Matthew 26:59, false witnesses as well as stealing others' handles to write their lies (false writings) to keep chaos flourishing. Yes, you do help to flush the USA down the toilet.

July 9, 2012 at 10:44 pm |
  10. Lucifer's Evil Twin™

LET's Religiosity Law #7 – If you think the bible is historical fact of the creation of the Universe, Earth or Mankind and believe without a doubt that some Jewish zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat of his flesh, drink of his blood, and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master; so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a sinful woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree! Then you are an award-winning retard.

July 9, 2012 at 2:14 pm |

Lucifer's Evil Twin™,
      You are going to need to tweak your mockery just a little to make it accurate. Jesus doesn’t remove an evil force from your soul. You are reborn spiritually. The old sinful man dies and a new spiritual man is born. You are indwelled with the Holy Spirit. Also, the bread and wine are not what you do to be saved. You take the bread and wine in remembrance of his sacrifice, so that would be after you are one of his.

July 9, 2012 at 2:37 pm |
    • Lucifer's Evil Twin™

LET's Religiosity Law #11 – “From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.”

July 9, 2012 at 2:39 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Robert Brown, just ignore these atheists that change handles to start the debate from the beginning. The atheists loose every debate ... so they restart it again under the disguise of a new handle. Remember, they claim they know scriptures. Why bother asking questions?

July 9, 2012 at 3:35 pm |

@HeavenSent

Yes because apparently every atheist on here is only one person. Sweet fu.cking christ (oops I broke a comandment oh well) you are delusional. Continue to make your stupid claims, eventually you will dissolve into quoting useless scripture and attempting to scare people with threats of eternal torture, because when it comes down to it, that's all your capable of HeavenSent. You have no thoughts of your own, and you cannot stand the fact that people do not merely fall into lock-step with your immoral religion of death and divisiveness.

July 9, 2012 at 3:40 pm |
    • Who invited me?

Heavensent
      I haven't changed handles, and I have not lost the debate. I have read your bible and all scripture means is that it was written down.
      It seems all you can do is quote what people told you is right, brainwashed you into believing it, and told you you must believe or bad things will happen.
      I have never seen you show you can think for yourself. Your mind is so rusted shut, you cannot find enlightenment. You are to be pitied. There are none so blind as those who think they see

July 9, 2012 at 3:41 pm |
    • Lucifer's Evil Twin™

I only use this handle. But HS is in all of her obese trailer-park glory is up to about about what, 10 ...12? Typically, she changes her handle a lot to make her own arguments seem more convincing...

July 9, 2012 at 3:56 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

The moron has accused nearly everyone who posts anything she doesn't like of stealing her handle.

Freakazoid.

She's too busy with her paranoid delusions to get back to me after her little hit-and-run post on another thread.

July 9, 2012 at 3:59 pm |

HeavenSent,
      It is obvious that some statements and questions are just to mock or encourage argument. However, I do try to correct inaccuracies when I get a chance because you never know who might be reading or who it might help.

July 9, 2012 at 4:00 pm |
    • Lucifer's Evil Twin™

@Robert Brown – Oh BTW, if HS declares her support of you, then your spot on the christard barometer greatly increases in magnitude.

July 9, 2012 at 4:00 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Evil Twin, Jesus is not a Jew. He's Judean. It was Pilate that asked if He were King of the Jews ... but, you skipped over that truth too.

July 9, 2012 at 5:20 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Tommie Tom, you're the freakazoid with the numerous handles you post under on this blog. For instance, talking with a backup handle to write your babble is talking to yourself.

July 9, 2012 at 5:22 pm |
    • HeavenSent

As for getting back to you Tommie, Tom on the other article. I did. Obviously, you don't have eyes to see in the carnal realm either.

July 9, 2012 at 5:24 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

HS, what is the matter with you? You seem to be more deranged than usual. I haven't stolen anyone's handle or name or backup whatever, you silly old cow.

I'll bet you used to tattle to the teacher when the boy behind you dipped your pigtail in the inkwell, didn't you?

July 9, 2012 at 5:25 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

As for the other issue, all you did was copy and paste a post I'd just made. You don't even know what you're doing.

July 9, 2012 at 5:28 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Tommie Tom, your wrant was about science creating the atomic bomb, computers etc. I did answer you, but, you need to look in the correct post to read what I wrote.

July 9, 2012 at 5:33 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Tommie Tom, you tipped your hand again ... calling me a cow. That comes from the lies of satan written in the Talmud you abide in,

July 9, 2012 at 5:35 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

You said something about Reality and his posts. I have no idea why you'd think I remember what Reality wrote in a post on another thread or why I'd care that you do or what it had to do with what I said.

You're just batty, lady. You're losing it.

July 9, 2012 at 5:36 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Oh, so now you think I follow the Talmud and Satan.

Anything else?

July 9, 2012 at 5:38 pm |
    • Lucifer's Evil Twin™

Hmmm... I wasn't aware that calling you a trailer-park cow was only reserved for Tom-Tom.

July 9, 2012 at 5:40 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

FYI, dingbat, it's "rant".

July 9, 2012 at 5:40 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Where's she getting the Talmud crap?

July 9, 2012 at 5:41 pm |
    • Lucifer's Evil Twin™

@Tom-Tom... She's bat-sh!t crazy, your guess is good as mine.

July 9, 2012 at 5:47 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Worse than usual today, don't you think?

July 9, 2012 at 5:48 pm |
    • Lucifer's Evil Twin™

How can you tell the difference?

July 9, 2012 at 5:53 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

It's probably my imagination.

July 9, 2012 at 5:54 pm |
    • HeavenSent

You atheists are delusional if you believe I care what you think? ROFLOL again and again.

July 9, 2012 at 6:09 pm |

@HeavenSent

We know you don't care what we think, since you've admitted a while back that you don't even really read a lot of what unbelievers post. It's just funny to me to watch you foam at the mouth to defend your delusions and pretend that your religion is perfect when the only thing it's perfect at is being divisive, evil, and poisoning.

July 9, 2012 at 6:57 pm |
    • HeavenSent

I'm not foaming at the mouth hawaii,you atheists keep repeating Matthew 26:59 over and over again.

July 9, 2012 at 7:06 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

I thought a Christian of all people would recognize allegory, since they tend to use it to try and explain away all the immorality and atrocities in their "un-holy book".

July 9, 2012 at 7:15 pm |
  11. The Cold Light Of Day

We sure have had a plethora of Christian trolls lately. It's fundamentally against their own doctrine, but hey, when have Christains EVER tried to live up to their scripture?

What, you STILL haven't sold all your possessions and given the proceeds to the poor? Still haven't left your family to follow Jesus? You don't turn the other cheek?

Of course you haven't. Because deep down, you know Jesus is wrong, that those instructions are really bad advice! You know deep down that a real god would not tell you to do that.

The truth is, is you really believed in God, you would behave very differently. If you actually believed in the jealous, angry God of the Bible, you would be terrified of violating any instruction, and you would not conveniently ignore so many direct orders.

The truth is, you modified God to fit your preferences, which means subconsciously you know God is imaginary and malleable.

Your conscious mind thinks it believes, but your actions prove you are actually part atheist deep down.

July 9, 2012 at 12:13 pm |
    • Jack

Noble effort, but it never works. The folks you aim that message at don't get it. I have tried in vain to have conversations with these "trolls", and they honestly don't think they are doing anything wrong. You can quote Bible verses condemming what they are doing and they don't care. Best to just igonre them.

July 9, 2012 at 1:02 pm |

The Cold Light Of Day,
      Yours is a common misconception. The only difference between you and a believer is just that, belief. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph 2: 8-9.

When a believer yields to the flesh you may not see a difference between the believer and a nonbeliever. You can really tell the difference when a believer is walking in the spirit. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. John 3:6.

July 9, 2012 at 1:17 pm |
    • Who invited me?

Jack...case in point
      "I" disagree so here are some things ignorant people wrote down and I will now repeat.

Robert Brown...do you ever have something to say that was not written by men over 2,000 years ago?
      People back then were very supersti t ious, and fearful of the unknown. Apparently some of you haven't learned anything since then.

July 9, 2012 at 1:30 pm |
    • Religon retards human advancements

Bible quotes are not proof of anything, they are not evidence, they mean nothing. Empty promises and threats that hold no weight.
      Its silly that people hold the bible as some sort of ultimate truth. They have no clue who really wrote it, how many times its been rewritten, who rewrote it, and how many scriptures have been misinterpreted (they still are today). Its Its so stupid.

July 9, 2012 at 1:34 pm |
    • llɐq ʎʞɔnq

And what you see Robert Brown doing, (the "morality" argument), attempting to say it about that somehow you are just not "spiritual" enough, fails because
      a. he has not established the authority of the babble verses he spouts constantly,
      b. he as'sert he can tell the difference between those "walking in the spirit" and those not.
      In fact he knows less about the babble than many atheists, and people "walking in the spirit" do eveil things all the time.
      Therefore, pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

July 9, 2012 at 1:35 pm |

Who invited me?,
      Sometimes it is the best way to correct, although I understand that if you believe that the bible is not the inspired word of God, it doesn’t have the same effect. It is true that a nonbeliever can see how some believers don’t do what they should or do what they shouldn’t. My point being that we are not perfect, just forgiven.

July 9, 2012 at 1:44 pm |
    • ME II

@Robert Brown,
      "You can really tell the difference when a believer is walking in the spirit."

How? What exactly are you saying?

July 9, 2012 at 1:49 pm |

Religon retards human advancements,
      You mean like Moses, the prophets, the apostles, and Paul, all inspired by God. You should do some research before writing junk like this. Bible scholars have been amazed with how accurately the books of the bible were copied by comparing the oldest copies found with current texts.

July 9, 2012 at 1:49 pm |
    • llɐq ʎʞɔnq

The thing is the "salvation" (forgiveness) paradigm is debunked for two reasons. The "fall" in Genesis, was really a misinterpretation of an ancient Chaos myth, and the misinterpretation was not what Yeshua ben Josef preached. Saul of Tarsus grafted it into the growing sect of Judaism, known as the "Way", and later Augustine of Hippo cooked up "original sin".

You as'sume you are correct, and speak for your god. What arrogance ! Scripture scholars known why and by whom most of the bible texts were written, entirely by humans, both in fact, and in process, so saying the texts are "inspiried" is ludicrous, (especially since no one can agree on what originals actually said).

July 9, 2012 at 1:53 pm |

llɐq ʎʞɔnq,
      The great OZ may get you for that.
      I won’t make any claims about my bible knowledge compared to anyone else, that wouldn’t be very humble would it? God’s spirit bears witness with our spirit that his word is true. It is really easy to tell if someone is walking in the spirit versus walking in the flesh. Does what they are saying or doing line up with the word of God?

July 9, 2012 at 1:54 pm |
    • Smithsonian

"Bible scholars have been amazed with how accurately the books of the bible were copied by comparing the oldest copies found with current texts."

The stories found in the Book of Genesis, Chapter 1-12, such as the flood story, the record is quite different: the time period under consideration is much more ancient. The factual bases of the stories are hidden from our view archaeologically. The stories remain a part of folk traditions and were included in the Bible to illustrate and explain theological ideas such as: Where did humans come from? If humans were created by God (who is perfect and good), how did evil among them come to be? If we are all related as children of God, why do we speak different languages? It must be remembered that the Bible is primarily a book of religion, a guide to faith. it was not a book of history, poetry, economics, or science. It contains all sorts of literary genre, which are used to teach about the relationship between God and mankind. Even biblical history is edited history: events were chosen to illustrate the central theme of the Bible. The Biblical writers did not pretend they were giving a complete history; instead they constantly refer us to other sources for full historical details, sources such as "The Annals of the Kings of Judah" (or Israel).

It is therefore not possible to try to "prove" the Bible by means of checking its historical or scientific accuracy. The only "proof" to which it can be subjected is this: Does it correctly portray the God-human relationship? In the best analysis, the Bible is a religious book, not an historical document

July 9, 2012 at 1:57 pm |

ME II,
      Probably not 100% because you can only base it on what they do, or say, or post, if what they post is in agreement with Gods word then I would think they were walking in the spirit.

July 9, 2012 at 1:58 pm |
    • Berief Brog Ninja

Even if you can prove how meticousry the Bibre was copied, you can't prove the original version was divinry inspired.

July 9, 2012 at 1:58 pm |

llɐq ʎʞɔnq,
      I can accept that you believe what I posted is my opinion. I hope you can understand that your criticism of Christianity is also opinion.

July 9, 2012 at 2:03 pm |
    • Peace2All

@Robert Brown

Hi Robert...

While my belief system is very aligned with my good friend, @Bucky Ball...

I certainly have 'no' problem with Christians who say "I believe this" ... I don't *know*... but I 'believe.' That... I certainly respect, and from there we can often have some kind of conversations where we all can learn from each other.

Peace...

July 9, 2012 at 2:09 pm |

Smithsonian,
      Good post.
      I find it very interesting that God saw fit to give us 11 chapters for 2000 plus years. Then take the whole rest of the bible to give us 2000 more years. It is obvious that he wanted us to know that he is the creator, but the main focus of the bible is the spiritual redemption of the human creation, not a detailed account of how he created the universe and life.

July 9, 2012 at 2:10 pm |

Berief Brog Ninja,
      No, I cant prove to you the divine inspiration of the bible, but I do believe God can prove it to you beyond any doubt.

July 9, 2012 at 2:14 pm |

Peace2All,
      Thank you for the kind words and peace to you too, the peace that is beyond understanding.

July 9, 2012 at 2:17 pm |
    • llɐq ʎʞɔnq

Berief Brog
      I totally love that name. We secretly play that game in the hospitall all the time, myself and two "Asain" students. It's so hilarious. " Is all "a pire of clap".

July 9, 2012 at 2:33 pm |
    • The Cold Light Of Day

You cherry-picked the Bible, Robert. The Bible repeatedly contradicts itself on the faith versus works question. Oddly enough, you chose Paul over Jesus. Why do you reject Jesus' teachings? Why have you not sold your goods and given the proceeds to the poor? You think faith alone protects you when Jesus said otherwise?

You choose a human over the God you claim? Really?

You prove my point precisely – you have adapted religion to fit your values. You are not obeying the "word of god" but your easier version.

July 9, 2012 at 3:11 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Cold, they are wolves in sheep's clothing, hence, belong to your group.

July 9, 2012 at 3:38 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Cold, all of the Bible is Jesus truth. He inspired Holy men to speak and scribe His word.

If you believe there are contradictions within it's pages, you have issues you need to resolve. The Bible is perfect. Man is not.

July 9, 2012 at 3:40 pm |

The Cold Light Of Day,
      Now you are just being silly. The John 3:6 quote was Jesus speaking. You should read the 3rd chapter of John it would help you out a lot.
      Furthermore, here is the whole story in context, Luke 18: 18-30, “And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God. Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother. And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up. Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich. And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. And they that heard it said, Who then can be saved? And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God. Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee. And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake, Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.”
      So, after reading, do you still think Jesus was telling believers to sell everything they have and give it to the poor? That would be a good deed no doubt, but I think Jesus was showing the ruler that he preferred his wealth (ie things of this world) over God. So, who is cherry picking?

July 9, 2012 at 3:49 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Smithsonian, you learned your history from man's babble which clouded you mind. The Bible is Jesus' truth about life and the hereafter. His Holy Spirit inspired Holy men to speak and scribe His truth (the Bible).

July 9, 2012 at 3:51 pm |

HeavenSent, I'm waiting.

July 9, 2012 at 3:52 pm |
    • The Cold Light Of Day

Ignored James, didn't you. Cherry picking.

You ignore Luke 12, where Jesus gives the command to sell your goods, but there is no rich person there. He means everyone. The passage you cite is later, where he repeates it. And if you understood that passage, you would know he was talking about everyone, not just one guy – who was his example.

And by the standards of Jesus' day, you are much richer than that rich kid.

Cherry picker.

July 9, 2012 at 4:18 pm |

@The Cold Light

The bible is "The Big Boo of Multiple Choice", there will never be agreement because that's how they rationalize their beliefs.

July 9, 2012 at 4:26 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Hawaiiguest, what's the matter, couldn't get your "G" capitalized? Go back to your man made book of lies that twist and contorts Jesus' truth. Maybe Tommie Tom can give you some of her meds ... she seems to dish them out frequently on this blog.

July 9, 2012 at 5:40 pm |

@HeavenSent

So now you go to trying to insult my tag? You're getting more and more pathetic by the post.

July 9, 2012 at 7:30 pm |
    • The Cold Light Of Day

Robert? Robert?

Funny how the Christians always suddenly vanish when the evidence is shown to be other than what they claimed.

July 9, 2012 at 9:12 pm |

The Cold Light of Day,
      I apologize for calling you a cherry picker, there is no need for that. It is obvious to me what you are doing and that you really don’t care what the scriptures say, unless you can use them to make your point that Christians are really atheists because they don’t do everything Jesus told them too.
      Luke 12: 32-34 KJV, Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
      The same verses from the Contemporary English Version, 32 My little group of disciples, don’t be afraid! Your Father wants to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell what you have and give the money to the poor. Make yourselves moneybags that never wear out. Make sure your treasure is safe in heaven, where thieves cannot steal it and moths cannot destroy it. 34 Your heart will always be where your treasure is.
      It seems to me that he was instructing his twelve disciples to sell all they have and lay their treasures up in heaven. I would agree that by extension you could say that he is instructing everyone who would be his disciple, but you also have to keep in mind that we in the kingdom are not called to do the same things or given the same spiritual gifts. For example, when he sent out the twelve he gave them the power to heal just as he was doing. Yet, when he sent out the seventy he did not give them the power to heal. You can also read the parable of the talents. Now if a believer was led by the holy spirit to sell all that they had and give to the poor then of course that is what they should do. When God tells you to do something it is not a good idea to refuse or try to talk him out of it. I know this from experience. The bottom line is you can never know any of this until you have been born again. The flesh is flesh and the spirit is spirit. Without his holy spirit you have no way to communicate with him to understand what he would have you to do.

July 9, 2012 at 9:44 pm |
    • The Cold Light Of Day

Again, you have reinterpreted Jesus' words to fit your own desires. If it is harder for a rich man to get into heaven than for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, then both of your arguments go down in flames. On the one hand, that is really saying that you must get rid of wealth (and again, in Jesus' eyes, almost all Americans are very rich).

And on the othe handr, that statement makes it completely clear that works are absolutely necessary to get into heaven. No camel can get through he eye of a needle, so therefore no rich man can either, even if he has perfect faith. Jesus says the same thing about obeying the earlier covenants too – obey them to the letter or no heaven. He makes it completely clear that faith will not protect you, which contradicts your point about "faith alone".

Yes, the Bible says both – it contradicts itself. Just as each gospel contradicts all the others in discussing Jesus' resurrection.

And these are major problems – if you cannot get clear answers about fundamental things like faith versus works, or what happened with Jesus, then how can people be expected to believe the Bible is a credible source? How can we trust Christians when you all say different things about what is okay and what isn't – Jesus' own people not only cannot agree, but they have had many episodes over tthe last two millenia where they slaughtered each other over it.

So I just don't buy your position, though I do appreciate you trying to discuss this intelligently.

July 9, 2012 at 10:41 pm |
    • The Cold Light Of Day

Uh, just to let you know, it is really not a good idea to say things like "When God tells you to do something it is not a good idea to refuse or try to talk him out of it. I know this from experience" – if you actually think you have heard God speak, or that you talk to him, you are clinically insane.

Even most Christians will not believe that you actually heard God.

July 9, 2012 at 10:50 pm |

The Cold Light Of Day,
      The key here is that the works Paul was talking about and the works James was talking about were two different things. Paul was referring to works in the context of keeping the Mosaic law. In James the works are as Jesus said, love your neighbor as yourself. I suppose we will have to agree to disagree. You think that if a person doesn’t sell all they have and give it to the poor that they really don’t believe. Jesus said you must be born again. So, what comes first, believe and obey, or obey and believe? What James was explaining was that if you say you believe you will also love your neighbor, clothe the naked, feed the hungry. If you say you believe but don’t love your neighbor, do you really believe? That is his point. In other words, he is calling out the liars. He told them if your neighbor is starving and naked and you tell them, I hope you get fed and clothed, when you have the ability to actually help them, you are a hypocrite and the love of God could not be in you.

July 10, 2012 at 10:10 am |
  12. UK Dave & my fellow scientists

Did we catch you on a good day?
    If we caught you on a good day, then our future's looking very rosy together!

July 9, 2012 at 9:44 am |
    • The Correctors

You always catch us on a good day UK Dave!
      We correctors are looking forward to a very rosy future with you UK Dave! 🙂

July 9, 2012 at 9:45 am |
    • Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

See UK Dave's future at prolapsed.net. Pray for his hole.

July 9, 2012 at 10:10 am |
  13. chris shannon

Would you be willing to link to philosopher and theologian William Lane Craig's just released commentary on the Higgs Boson "God Particle"?

July 9, 2012 at 9:43 am |
    • UK Dave & my fellow scientists

The God particle follows predictions! 🙂

July 9, 2012 at 9:47 am |
    • llɐq ʎʞɔnq

Too bad WLC is a Sophist, as demonstrated in his deliberate deception in the Krauss and Ehrman debates, (his "probability" equations, where he says the probability of the resurrection is 1.0 It actually is "0", but he does it so fast you don't notice his error. He assumes the universe is intuitive, which it is not, (Dirac, Heisenberg, Relativity), the Anthropic Principle has been debunked everywhere, and the universe is NOT fine tuned for anything. The life of black holes is 10^100 years. The normal star lasts 10^14. That means to 80 decimal places, the division result is "0". Zero. THAT is NOT fine tuning. WLC is ONLY about making money for WLC. SO sad. Better to learn to think for yourself. All gods have feet of clay, including WLC.

July 9, 2012 at 9:59 am |
    • lunchbreaker

BUCKY! What up? Krauss's "A Universe from Nothing" was an awesome read. Thanks for the recommendation.

July 9, 2012 at 10:06 am |
    • llɐq ʎʞɔnq

The Kalam Cosmological argument has been debunked, by many people. Craig's knowledge of Biblical study is laughable. Any freshman Divinity student knows his arguments for the resurrection are nonsense, (there were many apocalyptic preachers running around doing the same thing, the gospels are not historical in any way, and all the external references are explainable, and say nothing about the actual resurrection. Criag needs a new scrip. His 5 points are so old and tired, it makes one think he doesn't even try. He only accepts debates with people he thinks he can best. Why won't he debate PZ Myers ? Answer-he would loose, badly.

July 9, 2012 at 10:09 am |
    • llɐq ʎʞɔnq

Glad you liked it ! 🙂 Try Penrose's "Cycles of Time", if you are up for the difficult math. Or, if you want the Jewish myths in Genesis explained, try Martin Buber's "Good and Evil", (hint..it's not about eating apples).

July 9, 2012 at 10:12 am |
    • ME II

@chris shannon,
      Interesting link, thanks.
      William Lane Craig's response to the strawman argument, of the Higgs Boson as evidence of the non-existence of God, leads to his own fallacy of a weak analogy.

"But the lesson of the Higgs boson is that physical undetectability is no proof of non-existence, and something can be objectively there and real, even pervasively present, even when we have no direct evidence of its presence. Just because you may not see God’s hand at work when you are suffering, that doesn’t imply that God is not present and active in your situation unbeknownst to you. So the Higgs boson is a nice reminder of these features of God’s existence."

"physical undetectability" and " may not see God’s hand at work" are not the same thing.
      While the Higgs Boson may be physically undetectable under normal conditions, its effects can, according to the Standard Model, be detected in everyday life, i.e. mass. "God's hand," on the other hand, has yet to be detected in any way, directly or indirectly.
      WLC says, "Were He to withdraw His sustaining power, the universe would be instantly annihilated." This is pure conjecture and has no basis in reality.

July 9, 2012 at 10:52 am |
    • The Cold Light Of Day

Why would I listen to a dingbat who has no clue and an onvious agenda try to pervert science to his dingbat agenda?

ll that got reported was scientific findings. Christians always freak out about it. It's just science.

July 9, 2012 at 12:16 pm |
  14. lunchbreaker

I recently heard a rumor that Heisnbergs wife cheated on him. When it came to the maritals, he was so busy with his work he hardly ever had time. And when he did have the time he didn't have the energy and when he had the position he didn't have the momentum.

July 9, 2012 at 9:24 am |
    • llɐq ʎʞɔnq

^ like

July 9, 2012 at 8:39 pm |
    • Peace2All

@lunchbreaker

LOL ! Nice ! 😀

Peace...

July 9, 2012 at 8:44 pm |
  15. AGuest9

He probably thought that his "Big Guy in the Sky" would save him.

July 9, 2012 at 8:32 am |
  16. ceolalong

Did you hear about Man robs bank to get medical care in jail i wish some one told him about the "Penny Health" that could have saved him

July 9, 2012 at 6:23 am |