home
RSS
July 14th, 2012

Faithful flock to 'bleeding' Virgin Mary

(CNN)–Dozens of believers gather on the lawn of a Baton Rouge family after their statue of the Virgin Mary appears to bleed. CNN affiliate WBRZ reports.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Catholic Church

1. Paul46

I've got to assume that the blood is as real as the purely Caucasian features of the mother of Jesus.

June 25, 2013 at 10:48 am |
    • lorema

Caucasian not so sure , here she may be mistaken for a gipsy or northern Indian type. You think she looks caucasian but not me!

June 25, 2013 at 11:12 am |
  2. paypal

My brother suggested I might like this web site. He was once totally right. This post actually made my day. You can not believe simply how so much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

September 4, 2012 at 1:17 pm |
  3. Who invited me?

Pretender, thanks for tryin to give me a good name. But im good. Let me be myself.

July 24, 2012 at 11:47 am |
  4. Who invited me?

Tom, Tom we must be humane. Give them a choice of renouncing their sky daddy or castration

July 24, 2012 at 11:42 am |
    • Who invited me?

you are not me...buzz off

July 24, 2012 at 11:44 am |
  5. Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Anyone who believes in a sky daddy must be castrated Delusions must not be allowed to propogate

July 24, 2012 at 11:29 am |
    • Who invited me?

You aren't Tom

July 24, 2012 at 11:30 am |
    • Nobody you need to know

You sound like a typical 13 year old Reddit user..

June 25, 2013 at 7:10 pm |
  6. GodFreeNow

Has anyone asked what the relevancy of a bleeding Mary is? I mean, I get a bleeding Jesus.... but why Mary. Is she being beaten by someone? Was there some crucifixion of Mary that I missed when I read the Bible? Is it magically dripping from Jesus' still bleeding hands in heaven?

This is the same thing I wonder about crying Marys. Why is she still crying?! It's been 2k years... Get over it already!

July 18, 2012 at 6:34 pm |
  7. Mark Harding, UK

Religious people really get on my nerves. When they die, we pay all that money for a funeral and they haven't even got the decency to come back as a ghost and tell us what the afterlife is like, but are never slow to bore the socks of us about it when they are alive.

July 18, 2012 at 4:22 pm |