home
RSS
July 16th, 2012

Brazen thieves steal pastor's rims

(CNN)–Fast-working thieves steal a pastor's rims while he attends a revival in Detroit. WDIV reports.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Christianity • Crime

1. judy

I would tell jeff to read the book of job. and ask the Lord for understanding and strength through the trial that he is going through and not to listen to those who are letting themselves be used by the real satan, not the one calling himself satan on this blog, to make him feel worse. to trust and follow God's lead in this struggle.

July 17, 2012 at 1:21 pm |
    • sam stone

judy: oooh the REAL Satan......scary...for those who believe in that tripe

July 17, 2012 at 3:10 pm |
    • Who invited me?

Judy...
      Let me get this straight....
      Jeff should get a job to pay for the trial the lord is putting him through,
      and not to listen to satan but follow god who might be a different satan...
      wait ...you know what, I'm going to get back to reality and drop all of that religious rediculousness.

July 17, 2012 at 3:14 pm |
  2. Bootyfunk

guess he'll have to ask his parishioners to dig deep into their wallet when they pass around the plate on sunday morning to pay for some new rims. hell, may as well fleece the sheep for enough to buy a new stereo while he's at it!

July 17, 2012 at 1:15 am |
  3. Jesus Christ. Yes, THE Jesus, your Lord,!

I,your Lord Jesus Christ, took those rims. I am sick and tired of having my so-called "followers" not follow my instructions to sell your goods and give the money to the poor, so I am stepping in and doing it for them!

I've got news for you, followers! When you die, the first thing you are going to see is that the gate to heaven is a teeny tiny eye of a needle, and I am turning you into camel right then and there.

Once you get through that and all the other tests of whether you obeyed, then you get into heaven.

Heaven is empty at the moment, but I keep hoping that we will get our first inhabitant eventually.

July 17, 2012 at 1:12 am |
  4. saggyroy

They needed rims and god provided them. Allelujia !! Can I get an AMEN !

July 16, 2012 at 9:32 pm |
  5. holy ghetto ghost

I'm flossin, beeeeotch!!!!!

July 16, 2012 at 6:17 pm |
  6. HeavenSent

What's the big deal? I give my pastor new rim jobs often.

Ahem.

July 16, 2012 at 6:15 pm |
  7. Lucifer's Evil Twin™

LET's Religiosity Law #11 – “From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.”

July 16, 2012 at 3:57 pm |
  8. Brother Maynard

Totally off subject ... but would love an answer to this scenario
    I posted this about 2 months ago... never got a good answer ... trying again
    Jeff is a Christian. He has been a Christian all his life. He witnessed Christ when he was 13. He never had pre-marital se-x. Married his wife at age 25. Has two beautiful daughters. Faithfully, attends services every Sunday. Gives 12% of his income to the poor. Attends bible studies every other Wed. Pays his taxes. Involved in his community. Helps coach his daughters soccer team and is really a nice guy. He is the model unassuming humble Christian. At age 38 he goes to the doctor for a pain in his back between his shoulder blades. The doctor tells him he has Stage IV lung cancer and without immediate and aggressive treatment there is a 95% chance that he will be dead in 6 months.
    What does Jeff do?
    Why would he choose treatment? He is scholarly and knows that eternity in heaven is a much better ( after) life than what he has here on Earth
    Additionally, he has lived by God's will his entire life, why now would he go against that 'will' and opt for treatment.
    He has 6 months to get is will inorder, clean up things at work, spend quality time with his family and friends and then bask in the glory of the Lord.
    What does Jeff do? and why?

July 16, 2012 at 3:41 pm |
    • Who invited me?

Jeff eventually dies....don't we all.

July 16, 2012 at 3:42 pm |
    • Foghorn Leghorn

Doctor, of course. For the same reason that Christians mourn at funerals instead of celebrate – at some subconscious level, they don't believe.

As a digression, a common frustration for doctors is that, after applying great skill and effort and time to get a patient through a difficult and life-threatening situation, the patient and their loved ones then continuously thank God, but rarely do they thank the medical team.

July 16, 2012 at 3:51 pm |
    • I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV

@Brother Maynard,

Please ask Chad why God gave Jeff cancer. He claims to know the answer.

July 16, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
    • Brother Maynard

Hmmm .. Only getting answers from non-believers... would really appriciate a response from the believers

July 16, 2012 at 5:03 pm |
    • just sayin

Jeff tries treatment and remains strong in his faith. Nearing 6 months and days before his death the morphine and pain killers does very little to stop the pain. His body barely looks human. He turns to his son who is no longer a believer and tells him you were right. My faith was misplaced and I should have sought to enjoy my last 6 months, rather than thinking there was hope or a chance that a God would spare me. Days later while in pain, dies.

I speak from personal experience.

July 16, 2012 at 5:09 pm |
    • Brother Maynard

Just saying
      My intent in this example was not to rehash an obvious parallel scenario in your life, althought I appriciate your honesty and I am sorry for your loss.
      I guess I was asking belivers to show me the flaw in my logic. To prove to me that they REALLY DO belive in an afterlife and explain why they wouldn't want that afterlife to begin as soon as possible. Espcially, in a situation where there was really no fault of their own making.
      Still waiting ...

July 16, 2012 at 5:35 pm |
    • Jonathan

My opinion? Go through treatment, fight the sickness tooth and nail, love his family and try his hardest to remain in this life so that he can continue to fufill his role as father, husband and protector. Should God choose to take him away from this life after that, than the man can go knowing full well that he did his best. Life is not easy, fair or predictable.

July 16, 2012 at 6:55 pm |
    • HeavenSent

If he follows Jesus's Truth then God will heal him.

Amen.

July 16, 2012 at 6:58 pm |
    • Jonathan

"If he follows Jesus's Truth then God will heal him. "

That is complete and utter rubbish. We all get sick and we suffer because of the fallen world we live in. Following the 'Truth of Jesus' no more guarantees you healing than does a doctor's treatment. Only God's will can guarantee that and what man knows God's will in such matters?

July 16, 2012 at 8:02 pm |
    • Brother Maynard

Jonathan sez:
      "fight the sickness tooth and nail, love his family and try his hardest to remain in this life so that he can continue to fufill his role as father, husband and protector"
      Why fight it ? God's will is that Jeff contracted this disease and die. Jeff just happened to go to some "expert" that told him about it. Jeff has already BEEN a great father, husband, friend, employee and servent of Jesus. Jeff KNOWS that his after life will be pain free and full of joy. Additionally Jeff can come down and visit his family in spirit pretty much at any time. As a Christians .. this is really the BEST of both worlds. Why should he fight it?

July 16, 2012 at 9:06 pm |
    • Chad

@I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV "Please ask Chad why God gave Jeff cancer. He claims to know the answer. Apparently Jeff is a secret sinner or perhaps he's being rewarded for trying to live a good life well by getting to go to heaven early. No good deed goes unpunished. You just can't know the *will* of God, but God is truth, so knowing God, you know truth or something like that. I'm sure I'm right but it's really hard to explain."

@Chad "I did?
      could you do me a favor and supply a link?
      I"m pretty sure that what I said was that you havent done any investigation into what the bible says, you must be thinking of someone else perhaps?"

@Chad " you seem staunchly unwilling to investigate/understand what the bible says is the REASON for all this "innocent" suffering."

funny thing is.. it's always the atheists that are calling the theists liars.. always, always, always 😉

July 16, 2012 at 11:42 pm |
    • Christian

He would (if smart) absolutely NOT go to the doctors. He would probably seek a more natural cure for cancer (they do exist although big drug companies don't want you to know about it). He would pray with all his heart that God would heal him BECAUSE at 38, he could still convert many souls to Jesus although if he was meant to die then for a reason only God knows then he should always pray "if it be your will Lord." Oh, and the reason he shouldn't go to the doctor is not what you think. The last time one of my family members was treated for a tumor they gave her a drug that she was allergic to and she ended up dying because of it. Doctors kill people (they're only humans and make mistakes) so he would have to take the natural route and trust God.

July 17, 2012 at 12:01 am |
    • Brother Maynard

Chrisitan sez:
      " He would pray with all his heart that God would heal him BECAUSE at 38, he could still convert many souls to Jesus although if he was meant to die then for a reason only God knows then he should always pray "if it be your will Lord." "
      OK so how does Jeff know WHAT TO PRAY ? should he pray to be healed? OR pray for the Lord's will ?
      The only way he could know WHAT to pray is to go into the future ... find out what happens to him then go back and pray the appropriate prayer?
      This makes no sense at all.

July 17, 2012 at 9:31 am |
    • I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV

@Chad,

Chad, at what time did I ever call you a liar?

Telling me to go read the bible is avoiding the question (and in my opinion a waste of time). I don't claim to have spent my life studying it chapter and verse, but you might find I am more familar with its principles than you think.

I was very clear to you with my interpretation of natural disasters, disease and the suffering by the innocent. If you'd like to share what you believe I will happily read it.

July 17, 2012 at 7:04 pm |
  9. Foghorn Leghorn

Well, at least they didn't steal his expensive subwoofer stereo system or his expensive suit.

July 16, 2012 at 3:39 pm |
  10. Who invited me?

Mr Rodgers car was stolen...when the theives discoverred what they had done, they returned the car with a note that basically said "If we had known it was your car, we never would have taken it"
    Look it up...funny story

July 16, 2012 at 3:05 pm |
    • Mickey1313

Do you know why they returned it? Because mr. rogers was a badazz sniper. For real. They were probibly scared sh it les.

July 17, 2012 at 1:23 am |
  11. rumor has it...

It was Jesus that took the wheels

July 16, 2012 at 2:57 pm |
    • derp

He is going to scrap them and give the money to the poor

July 16, 2012 at 3:00 pm |
  12. Chad

My first question is what's a pastor doing driving around with rims worth enough money to make stealing them worth the risk of getting caught?

July 16, 2012 at 1:16 pm |
    • llɐq ʎʞɔnq

You have obviously never seen Detroit.

July 16, 2012 at 3:58 pm |
    • sam stone

chad: in detroit, appearances seem to matter more than substance. churches. liquor stores and crack cocaine everywhere. choose your drug

July 17, 2012 at 7:20 am |
  13. jimmer

He probably had $3K worth of wheels on a $2K car.

July 16, 2012 at 1:16 pm |
    • Satan

Nice.

July 16, 2012 at 5:20 pm |
  14. derp

He should have prayed for jesus to watch over his rims.

July 16, 2012 at 1:15 pm |
  15. Kebos

So what!? Do pastors not drive cars?

July 16, 2012 at 12:03 pm |
  16. Pippa's Bucket

ROFL

July 16, 2012 at 11:53 am |
  17. What's a brony?

Already the atheist trolls are the first here.

These stories feed their own delusion.

July 16, 2012 at 11:25 am |
    • Who invited me?

trolldoll/brony
      time for your meds..

July 16, 2012 at 11:26 am |
    • What's a brony?

Take your own advice.

July 16, 2012 at 11:28 am |
    • Brony! Daddy says to mow the lawn now or he won't give you your allowance!

Love that "I'm not a troll, you're the troll" thing. I usually only hear that out of junior high school twirps, but that's very close to your age, so I suppose it fits.

July 16, 2012 at 1:16 pm |
    • What's a brony?

just like you? That description fits you perfectly by your own screen name brony! daddy

July 16, 2012 at 1:28 pm |
    • HeavenSent

July 16, 2012 at 1:42 pm |
    • religion; a way to control the weak minded

"brony, these folks haven't a clue to what sin is, nor, comprehend how much their souls are in jeopardy of being blotted out for eternity."

Must be nice to KNOW everything in the universe.

July 16, 2012 at 2:39 pm |
    • Sam

The surest sign that you are a total idiot is that HeavenSent agrees with you.

Brony is doomed to spending eternity in the Lake of Dumb with HeavenTroll. And he is already there.

July 16, 2012 at 3:05 pm |
    • llɐq ʎʞɔnq

"blotted out for eternity" ... hmm. I thought you believed in hell.

July 16, 2012 at 4:00 pm |
    • sam stone

brony: jeebus is waiting for your silky mouth. wander in front of a speeding bus and you could be pleasing the savior by tonight

July 17, 2012 at 7:22 am |
    • sam stone

HS is a diseased gash

July 17, 2012 at 7:23 am |
  18. jsenpsep

why does it matter if the owner of the car was a pastor? Why was the theft brazen? Bottom line – some idiot(s) stole something that didn't belong to them – doesn't matter who owned the car.

July 16, 2012 at 10:59 am |
    • just sayin

Apparently he didnt have the power of Jesus to protect him

July 16, 2012 at 11:55 am |
    • I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV

Perhaps he sinned.

July 16, 2012 at 1:30 pm |
    • HeavenSent

just saying, Jesus doesn't intervene. The guy who stole the rims soul is in jeopardy as is the pastor's if he doesn't focus on what Jesus requires him to do.

July 16, 2012 at 1:44 pm |
    • just sayin

HeavenSent, No doubt you know this because you can hear the Sumerian God talk to you.

July 16, 2012 at 2:28 pm |
  19. doctore0

Sell everything you own and give it to the poor.. if you want to be Jesus fanboy numero uno; Says the bible. Ohh and leave your family... hate your father.. etc

July 16, 2012 at 10:58 am |
    • HeavenSent

To hate your father and mother means to love Jesus' truth above all in order to comprehend how to love your parents and others.

Jesus' truth 101.

July 16, 2012 at 1:46 pm |
    • HeavenSent

doctorzero, to sell everything means to stop focusing and believing the ways of the world as being reality and to focus on Jesus' spiritual wisdom as being the truth about life and the hereafter and to understand that He is eternally glorious.

July 16, 2012 at 1:53 pm |
  20. Satan

He should have sold them and given the proceds to the poor anyways. Oh he is one of those prosperity Christians, you mean a fvcking hypocrite.

July 16, 2012 at 10:26 am |
    • HeavenSent

satan, weren't you aware that we are all sinners on our path to learning Jesus Christ's spiritual truth to save our souls from being blotted out, or worse, suffering for eternity depending on what sins we commit, never to ask Jesus for forgiveness, that we can get closer to Him, then sin no more before we check out and personally met Him?

July 16, 2012 at 1:49 pm |
    • just sayin

Amazing Jesus can exist coming from a God that was copied from another.

July 16, 2012 at 2:30 pm |