home
RSS
My Take: Romney should take reporters to church more often
Mitt Romney and his family attend church last weekend.
August 21st, 2012

My Take: Romney should take reporters to church more often

By Stephen Prothero, Special to CNN

Mitt Romney’s team invited reporters to go to church with him last Sunday, and The New York Times is reporting that the upcoming Republican presidential convention will showcase Romney’s faith in an effort to humanize him. So are we finally going to get a Mormon candidate for president?

Romney has been widely criticized for running against his past - against what he did at Bain Capital and as governor of Massachusetts, and against his prior views on abortion and health care. And while he hasn’t flip-flopped on his membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, he has been loathe even to mention it in public.

In his 2008 “Faith in America” speech, Romney boldly proclaimed his religious heritage. “I believe in my Mormon faith and I endeavor to live by it,” he said. “My faith is the faith of my fathers - I will be true to them and to my beliefs.”

But in recent years he has been hiding that faith under a basket. In fact, in a much anticipated speech to evangelicals at Liberty University in May, he never used the M-word.

Follow the CNN Belief Blog on Twitter

The concern is there is little to be gained (and much to be lost) by emphasizing his Mormonism.

Latter-day Saints founder Joseph Smith was assassinated during his run for president in 1844, and anti-Mormonism has a long and sordid history in American life. Today many on the secular left and the religious right alike are wary of a Mormon president, and according to a recent Gallup Poll roughly one in six Americans say they would not vote for an otherwise qualified Mormon.

For all these reasons, Romney's campaign strategy so far seems to have been two-fold:

1. Whenever possible, avoid talking about Mormonism.

2. When pressed, speak of the importance of religion in general and emphasize the common moral values shared by Mormons and evangelicals.

3. Emphasize the American heritage of religious liberty.

I have been arguing for months that this strategy is not sustainable. What self-respecting debate moderator wouldn’t jump at the chance to ask Romney about how his Mormonism might affect his policies on taxation or food stamps or war with Iran?

CNN’s Belief Blog: The faith angles behind the biggest stories

And is it really plausible to do the two-step around the religion question all the way to November when the candidate in question may well be the most religious candidate in U.S. history - someone who spent two years as a missionary, followed by decades of church service, first as the Mormon equivalent of a Methodist pastor and then as the Mormon equivalent of an Episcopal priest?

It made sense for John Kennedy to draw a sharp line in 1960 between his private Catholic faith and his public life since he came from a Democratic Party that followed Thomas Jefferson arguing for the strict separation of church and state.

But Romney’s GOP has spent a generation attempting to overthrow the Jefferson/Kennedy consensus by bringing religion ever deeper into U.S. public life. So it just doesn't make sense for this Republican nominee to try to cordon off his private faith from his public policies.

CNN Explains: What’s Mormonism?

For all these reasons, I have argued repeatedly that Romney would be well advised to take the initiative - to define his faith in his own terms rather than awkwardly and defensively fielding (or fumbling) questions about it.

Now it seems like a faith offensive may be in the offing, not least at the upcoming convention.

But how to talk about Mormonism without unearthing all the awkward stuff - the history of polygamy and theocracy, the Mormon underwear?

One way, of course, is to try to emphasize the values similarities between evangelicals and Mormons - on questions like abortion and gay rights. But an even more effective way may be simply to invite reporters to church.

Like any religion, Mormonism has changed over time. And today Mormon services don’t look all that different from Methodist worship. In fact, the common theme coming out of much of the reporting about Romney’s church service Sunday seemed to be how unremarkable it was.

In Buzzfeed, reporter McKay Coppins, who also happens to be a Mormon, referred to that service as an example of “the fundamentally un-exotic Mormon experience.”

Admittedly, they serve bread and water rather than bread and wine, but Latter-day Saints worshippers praise Jesus in song as their “Redeemer” and send prayers up to their “Heavenly Father." And when their worship service is over they march off to Sunday school.

For generations, scholars of religion focused their research almost exclusively on Scriptures and belief. In recent years they have shifted their collective focus to religious practice. Perhaps that is the strategy of the Romney campaign, to shift the focus from the eccentricities of the Book of Mormon and the heterodoxy of Mormon beliefs to the ho-hum of hymns sung at 10 a.m. on a New Hampshire Sunday.

If I have the tune right, the message seems to be that Romney is one of us, and his religion is not so different from whatever yours might be.

Will that message resonate?

It depends. It depends on what Americans know about Mormonism and about their own creeds. However, it also depends on how much they think faith should matter in presidential politics. Ironically, if voters follow the Republican line on that one, Romney might well lose. If they follow Jefferson and Kennedy, he has at least a fighting chance.

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Stephen Prothero.

- CNN Belief Blog contributor

Filed under: 2012 Election • Church and state • Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints • Mitt Romney • Mormonism • Opinion • Politics • United States

soundoff (1,105 Responses)
  1. chamillion

So Romney goes to church. *GASP!*

August 21, 2012 at 12:42 pm |
  2. correctlycenter

American voters need a strong 3rd party choice that doesn't wage war on the working/retired middle class and one that doesn't forcefeed political correctness and extreme liberal ideas...

August 21, 2012 at 12:38 pm |
    • TKO

That would be Obama, who does not espouse "extreme liberal ideas." I am an "extreme liberal" and trust me, Obama is not.

By the way, I am "am extreme liberal"(socialist, actually) because that is the only political approach that supports the poor and middle class. You really should look into this more, and not just accept the opinions of know-nothings, FOX supporters, and uninformed freinds and neighbors.

August 21, 2012 at 12:47 pm |
  3. LIsaM

Watch the episode of "South Park" about the Mormons. Tells it like it is.

Also... why can't people realize the president really does not have that much impact? Y'know what? I just wish we could write a list of solid, practical things that are wrong with this country, try to reach some sort of compromise, and then deal with it.

By now, we're all so divided anyway, what we need is a diplomat between Republicans and Democrats, not a president.

August 21, 2012 at 12:34 pm |
    • TSB8C

So "South Park" is where you get your "like it is" info on topics of the day? God help us all if too many of your type vote.

August 21, 2012 at 12:53 pm |
  4. pam

It is getting scary that it seems that religion and believing in a higher power is a bad thing. Separating church and state to the degree it has become has really hurt this country. One day a person will have to be a non believer to run for office. People will lose all accountability.

August 21, 2012 at 12:34 pm |
    • TheVocalAtheist

Would you care to explain?

August 21, 2012 at 12:46 pm |
    • Which God?

Pam, are you really thatt hickheaded? Having religion, or having faith in one, etc, doesn't make you moral. A good sense of right and wrong will work.. I'm sure you know what is right and wrong, your parents taught you, not the the babbling book of bullshyte.

August 21, 2012 at 12:48 pm |
    • chamillion

Thanks for posting Pam. It's militant atheists like in these forums that make any kind of religious talk hard in public. When they quit the personal attacks for logic, then maybe the rest of us will pay attention. Just watch watch to what happens to my reply. 🙂

August 21, 2012 at 12:52 pm |
    • TheVocalAtheist

@chamillion

I know, what's with all that logic stuff anyway? How crazy for them to even consider it! I know, how ridiculous! I mean, logic? What is logic anyway? You know what? I really don't know!

August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm |
    • cantabman

Well done, TheVocalAtheist, for proving chamillion correct! I've read many instances of agumentum ad hominem throughout your posts so far with very little display of logic. Good luck with that.

August 21, 2012 at 1:06 pm |
    • Len

pam
      Today, most people elected for office are believers, and how much accountability has this brought?

August 21, 2012 at 1:08 pm |
    • TheVocalAtheist

@cantabman

If you have something to say to me then say it or shut the fu*ck up! And don't reply saying that you just said it, be more specific with your charge.

August 21, 2012 at 1:09 pm |
    • cantabman

@TheVocalAtheist

Oh, dear. I'm afraid you might need to reread my post if you're wondering what I said. If you still don't understand, your homework for today is to look up argumentum ad hominem and then reread your posts for examples (unfortunately, I don't have time to catalog all of these examples myself as I have more pressing things to do today). If you're still confused, I'm not sure what more I can do to help you. For your information, using overheated rhetoric is not an example of logic. And the anger you're displaying also tends to diminish the use of logic. As I said before, good luck with that!

August 21, 2012 at 1:31 pm |
    • TheVocalAtheist

@cantabman

What is it with you? Are you a coach or something? Or did they kick you off the debate squad back in high school? OCD? I responded to a post from a believer that stated that they would listen to us once we quit asking them to be logical. Do you actually think I could have a debate with someone like that?

OK, now on to you, what do you believe? Do you believe in a God? Be logical now.

August 21, 2012 at 5:02 pm |
    • cantabman

@TheVocalAtheist

Okay, you've made it easy for me. Please disregard your previous homework assignment as your reply is a decent example of ad hominem abuse with nary a hint of logic. A bit of a broken record, wouldn't you say?

August 21, 2012 at 11:42 pm |
  5. lawrence

Mormon's are scarey. My wife's Mormon....I used to be. Then I started really digging into what Mormonism is.
    They always say... "by your fruits you will know them". Well the fruit they put in the window is some pretty cool stuff; it's when you dig to the second layer that the stench hits you. They are NEVER wrong....the thing with the blacks? They smile benignly and saw "we don't know why black people couldn't hold our priesthood: but they never say it was wrong...they continue to imply it was God's will. Fact is, that practice didn't even start till after Joseph Smith was dead. Speaking of Smith (the founder and so called prophet) go read what he claims to have seen which led him to found the church. But don't just read the "pat" 1st vision story or look at the movie the propaganda department cranks out; take a look at ALL the versions...I think there are 9. IN the media version he's talking to Jesus himself... but then Joe gets a lot of those "visits" and visions. But in his earlier versions, including the one he later wrote (years later) in his own diary he fails to mention such a routine thing as having God Himself accompanied by Christ come to visit. This time it was "just" some angels.
    And this is what the church has as a foundation. Polygamy is still on the books too...they stopped the "practice" but the doctrine is still on the books. I could go on and on but it's all there for anybody that cares. *I* think what a President believes in matters. I'd certainly not vote for somebody for example that talks about "seeing Russia out their back window". I'd also be leery of a guy who goes to secret (they call it sacred) temple sessions where he makes a covenant (a binding agreement with God Himself) that he will give everything he has or may ever have....not to God, but rather to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. So cast a vote for Mitt, and then pledge allegiance to the new real boss.. Thomas S Monson, current President of the LD$ church.

August 21, 2012 at 12:33 pm |
    • Which God?

@ lawerence. Yep, a vote for mittens will hand the reigns over to Monson, the defacto leader of the US.

August 21, 2012 at 12:38 pm |
    • chamillion

Your an ex-Mormon? Couldn't have guessed that one. I'll research the LDS church on my own, thank you.

August 21, 2012 at 12:48 pm |
  6. Lenny Pincus

Hopefully, when the cameras are running, Mitt can rise from his seat and tell America how cool it is that Jesus lived in upstate New York and led a war against dark skinned Native Americans.

August 21, 2012 at 12:33 pm |
    • TSB8C

Don't know where you got that info from. Not from any Mormon doctrine.

August 21, 2012 at 12:54 pm |
  7. JDJ

Christians are in a predicament this year since Mr. Obama does not seem to follow the fundamentals of the faith and Mr. Romney is a member of a cult. That being said, I am voting for Mr. Romney hands down since his political beliefs more closely match mine.

August 21, 2012 at 12:33 pm |
  8. lefty avenger

People use the Church as a Shield and Barrier against their 9-5 Corporate Pirate Skullduggery. Mitt is like yeah I laid all those americans off and sent the jobs to slave labor china to turn a corporate profit. Then Mitt is in Church on Sunday with the Lord shining down on him in sanctimonious approval. Plastic is less fake and more organic than Mitt.

August 21, 2012 at 12:32 pm |
  9. Sherry

Kls817 – you are an a$$ and do not know what you are talking about – sometimes it is better to be quiet than to show your stupidity on a subject you clearly know nothing about.

August 21, 2012 at 12:32 pm |
  10. NoTags

Romney doesn't want people to know about the Mormon Church. They might start asking questions about Mormon beliefs such as 'Lying For The Lord'.

If you are not familiar with this philosophy just Google Lying For The Lord.

August 21, 2012 at 12:31 pm |
  11. ProperVillain

Awesome, using your religion as a campaigning tool. How about just living the way that your religion dictates and shutting up about it? Pathetic.

August 21, 2012 at 12:30 pm |
  12. pmangr

This is the year that the hypocrite has to make a decision. "Do I vote for the black man, or do I vote for the Mormon?" It's a lose-lose scenario for the extreme right wing faithful. The only way for them to be faithful in their proclaimed belief, is to stay home and not vote. To do otherwise will expose them for the hypocrites that they really are!

August 21, 2012 at 12:26 pm |
    • midwest rail

The contemporary faux Christian needs no help in exposing their hypocrisy. They do it on a daily basis.

August 21, 2012 at 12:27 pm |
    • allens

maybe romney should say showing his tax returns is against his religion. who would know since they are as secretive as he is? show us your returns, prove americans wrong about our negative thoughts about you and ryan. you can't though can you? we will not forget your hiding something on election day. we will not acceot your returns close to election day, when it will be difficult to figure out what you have done. you should be ashamed of your sellves, both of you. of course that would require moral convictions

August 21, 2012 at 12:32 pm |
  13. Dave

First of all, I believe we are electing a President of The United States, not a Pastor of the United States. Next, I cannot remember a past president throwing out the name of their religion very much. I can't remember our current POTUS saying what he is at all. He may have said he's Christian but what denomination....well, I guess he hides it, too.

August 21, 2012 at 12:23 pm |
    • Dave

But I do want to make it clear that I'm NOT a mormon and I do not support their cult-like beliefs in any way!

August 21, 2012 at 12:24 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Start your walk with Jesus
      Blinded by satan's lies
      Test from God. Do you have what it takes to pass?
      My feces is in plastic bags blocking the door.
      Serpent is just one of the multiple names of Lucifer aka satan
      The big bang and evolution are lies against Jesus’ truth to cause doubt, creating confusion
      Satan's lies are built on quick sand foundation

Amen.

August 21, 2012 at 12:25 pm |
    • Topher

I could be wrong, but I think they've all claimed to be sone form of Protestant with the exception of Kennedy, who was Catholic. I think Obama is non-denominational, though we should note that doesn't mean he's born-again.

August 21, 2012 at 12:28 pm |
    • HeavenSent

The phony heavensent can't get over his/her obsession with me. Revelation 13:4-9 comes to mind every time they hijack my handle to post their babble.

August 21, 2012 at 12:37 pm |
  14. .

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
    2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
    3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
    4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
    5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
    6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
    7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. (New Testament, 2 Timothy, Chapter 3)

August 21, 2012 at 12:22 pm |
    • TheVocalAtheist

You are a delusional idiot that cannot think for yourself. Can't you come-up with something original?

August 21, 2012 at 12:24 pm |
    • Honey Badger Dont Care

Deuteronomy 25:11-12 (New American Standard Bible)
      11"If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals,
      12then you shall cut off her hand; (A)you shall not show pity.

August 21, 2012 at 12:25 pm |
    • .

And I have just described myself very well huh? LOL!

August 21, 2012 at 12:25 pm |
    • Which God?

@. Got sand? Good. Go pound some, clown. Your religion is a joke, as is quoting from your babbling book of bullshyte.

August 21, 2012 at 12:25 pm |
    • HeavenSent

What's the matter vocal, Jesus' truth rings too many bells for you?

Here's another great scripture to read.

Revelation 13:4-9

Amen.

August 21, 2012 at 12:39 pm |
    • TheVocalAtheist

@HeavenSent

You are a total useless human being. You contribute nothing, even your nonsense isn't entertaining. Take that can of draino you haven't used in the past day to unplug your toilet and swallow it this time rather than wasting it down the can.

August 21, 2012 at 12:50 pm |
    • HeavenSent

I hope you stay single for the remainder of your days since, obviously compassion isn't your forte. Sociopath comes to mind.

August 21, 2012 at 12:52 pm |
  15. TheVocalAtheist

If we allow the religious to run our country what do you think that is called? Come on now, put on your thinking caps...

A lot of you say "what does it matter, the faith of the president?"

Well, let me tell you, but first, let me ask this: What is the agenda of a religious organization? Come on now, don't take those thinking caps off now!

My point is, that yes, it does matter if a candidate is religious. It brings us one step closer to a theocracy. Do you people know what that is? Thinking caps?

It is a government that rules under God's laws.

August 21, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
    • nonconformist

Actually they would not be God's laws they'd rule under but the Church's laws. Designed and written by man but disguised with the cloak of false higher authority.

August 21, 2012 at 12:53 pm |
    • HeavenSent

George Washington, our first president, disagrees with you vocal.

August 21, 2012 at 12:54 pm |
    • TheVocalAtheist

@nonconformist

The God of their church, same thing, different God.

August 21, 2012 at 1:01 pm |
    • TheVocalAtheist

@HS

Put your lips on the can of draino, smell death waiting for you? You'll be free! Go to your God once and for all. Bye!

August 21, 2012 at 1:02 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Vocal, obsession, obsession, obsession. You've been delusional far to long.

August 21, 2012 at 2:43 pm |
  16. Honey Badger Dont Care

1. Whenever possible, avoid talking about Mormonism.
    Because people will think that you’re crazy talking about your god being an space alien and that you’ll get to be a god and rule your own planet after you die.

Yes, shared morals. Like being bigoted against everyone who doesn’t belong to your religion, trying to push your version of morals on everyone else by passing idiotic laws, and acting all oppressed when other groups want to force you to obey non-discrimination laws.

3. Emphasize the American heritage of religious liberty.
    True, but just don’t expand this to think that the US was founded on your particular religion’s fairy tales.

August 21, 2012 at 12:16 pm |
    • Which God?

Kudo, Badger. That is just how they do it. They will defer, defer, defer. Run a strawman if nescessary, but don't tell of the reall stuff behind your religion.

August 21, 2012 at 12:22 pm |
    • Mel

Kind of like Obama sitting in the pew of a hate filled church for 20 years but then disassocating himself from it once he starts running for president.

August 21, 2012 at 12:27 pm |
    • cantabman

Well now, isn't this a nice little display of bigoty. Perhaps you think first before trying to attach a 'scarlet M' on mormons in society that are different from you. I know mormons and I can say they are decent people for the most part. They don't deserve your bigotry...even if it is an election year.

August 21, 2012 at 12:32 pm |
  17. kls817

But I do need to admit that mormons really aren't like anyone else. We believe we'll become gods eventually (after we die and all). We do secret rituals in the temple and we think that Obama is an atheist when in reality he is truly the most Godly man in office.

August 21, 2012 at 12:12 pm |
    • floridamom1

You are crazy.

August 21, 2012 at 12:20 pm |
    • floridamom1

Funny how I can't post anything.

August 21, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
    • GraceforGrace

You don't sound Mormon at all.

August 21, 2012 at 12:23 pm |
    • Dave

Nice try, but you are not LDS.

August 21, 2012 at 12:25 pm |
    • kls817

Hey, you phony POS, stop posting under my id. What a loser you are.
      To recap: Mormons are OK. I'm not mormon (I'm Catholic)

August 21, 2012 at 12:48 pm |
  18. kls817

It's too bad that some Christians would rather vote for an athiest than a mormon. Mormons have very similar values as most religious people. They are also respectful of other religions (BYU althletes must be a member of a church, not necessarily the LDS church). While proud of their church, Mormans are not pushy. They are a practical, hard working people whose leaders are most often successful business leaders. I'm not a mormon, but I've lived in Utah and am very familiar with both Mormon and Christian doctrines.

August 21, 2012 at 12:10 pm |
    • kls817

Ok. LOL! I am a Mormon, but I get paid by the mormon church to say I'm not. In reality, people that live in UT that are NOT mormon...well we treat them pretty bad. We even have a prophesy that someday the streets of SLC will run with blood. It's because we'll sacrifice all the non-mormons that dare to stay in UT as we buy up all the property and still call ourselves a church, not a business.

August 21, 2012 at 12:15 pm |
    • Alien Orifice

Belief one Mormons believe that there are many gods and many worlds. Their belief is that every universe has its own specific God. We only have to abide by our God that controls this planet. They also believe that if one can get to the highest level of many levels of heaven that they will become gods themselves. There are many scriptures that they base this on according to their own specific Bible. Like any religion though it comes down to a matter of interpretation

Belief two This deals with forgiveness. According to the Mormons, all sins are forgiven with the exception to the first one in denying the Holy Spirit and the second is murder. They stand on the premise that once God returns then wherever your status is at that point deems where you are going to end up and you will not be given any further chances.

Belief three We referred to different levels of heaven or what is considered as multiple levels and that there are actually three distinct heavens. There is the Telestial heaven. which is the lowest level and those who basically followed the carnal laws reside here. Then there is the Terrestrial, which is the mid heaven, comprised of the followers of Moses and finally the last and highest level being The Celestial Kingdom. This is reserved for God himself and all the faithful followers that followed his law.

Belief four This is in reference to priesthood and in this religion only males that are believed to be worthy become part of the priesthood and once they do so they are given very specific duties. Up until 1978, black people were never allowed into the priesthood and to this day females are definitely not allowed.

Belief five The nature of God in this religion is the belief that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are all exists as separate beings. Further to this belief is that these three are resurrected beings that have bodies of flesh and bone.

Believe six This belief is interesting in that according to the book of Mormons Jesus actually visited the Americas. This is based on the story the tribes of Leah this was to have taken place after the resurrection

Belief seven Modern revelation as many may not realize it the Mormon religion possesses a belief in a prophet.

Belief eight The next one that we deal with is spirits. The belief here in is that prior to everyone coming to live they existed as a spirit. Then once they are on earth and then die, their spirits then become separated from their bodies. If they have lived a good life then they go to the spirit paradise if they have been unscrupulous individuals then it is off to the spirit prison they go. According to the beliefs here, the whole spirit world exists until the second coming of Christ

Belief nine Is in reference to the pleasures in life but there are a lot of doctrine in the Mormon religion that applies to what one should take pleasure in and what should not be taken as pleasure. Three of the major taboos are coffee, drugs and tobacco

Belief ten T.i.thing which has to do with the money and is actually quite prominent in many religions. However, with the Mormons the concept is that if you want to get into the highest level of heaven then you must pay up the money.

August 21, 2012 at 12:16 pm |
    • Dave

You're not LDS so you can quit lying about that and about the other lies you post. You're not too smart.

August 21, 2012 at 12:27 pm |
    • Patrick

Obama is not an atheist...he also buys into this hocus pocus garbage.

Religion is business and politics…with a few exception of genuinely good people. Don’t mock Mormonism…it sound just as crazy to me as all the rest of them. Don’t let politicians control you because of your faith…it is separate to state.

August 21, 2012 at 12:36 pm |
    • HeavenSent

August 21, 2012 at 12:55 pm |
    • Chelle

Not pushy???? Other than Jehovah's they are the only religion showing up on my doorstep.

August 21, 2012 at 3:49 pm |
  19. HeavenSent

Get over your obsession with me
    Lions and tigers and bears, oh my
    Rocks, everywhere on this site, rocks
    I can't find my lady parts again.
    Seeds of Jesus falling on rock.
    Stepping over His seeds that get blown by the wind to find their way to fertile grounds

Amen.

August 21, 2012 at 12:10 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Praise Satan, All holy GOD Lucifer!
      I bow to him and kiss his holy feet!
      Get off my back, I know what I believe in
      and you can't take it away from me.
      I love the Devil!

August 21, 2012 at 12:18 pm |
    • fintastic

Save me Jeebus! save me Jeebus!! bwahhhhhhhhh!!!!

August 21, 2012 at 12:44 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Phony heavensent you continue to prove Revelation 13:4-9 truth.

August 21, 2012 at 12:49 pm |
  20. Who invited me?

Episcopal Layman
    It is you who appear to be mis-informed. All religions are man created and based on myths and stories. All are false beliefs.

August 21, 2012 at 12:07 pm |
    • Father O'blivion

I believe I be havin' anodder beer then Laddie, and you be invited praise the good lord!

August 21, 2012 at 12:12 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Revelation 13:4-9 truth of all the non-believers.

August 21, 2012 at 12:50 pm |