home
RSS
October 15th, 2012

Spiritual, but not religious

(CNN)–In this week's Faces of Faith, Randi Kaye asks, 'Do we need religion to have faith?'

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Belief • Spirituality • TV-CNN Newsroom

1. Religion is a cop out for

Monkey see monkey do

October 16, 2012 at 2:23 am |
    • End Religion

Even monkeys know morality. The bible is not required.
      Frans de Waal: Moral behavior in animals...

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcJxRqTs5nk&w=640&h=360]

October 17, 2012 at 12:29 am |
  2. Atheism is a cop out for

I am the arrogant, the mighty, who I have approved. I will humility you lowly "tards" for thinking differently and send my Internet hoards after you.

October 16, 2012 at 2:21 am |
  3. Evolution is a cop out for

I want a monkey to be my uncle

October 16, 2012 at 2:13 am |
    • Atheism is not unhealthy for children and other living things

Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.

October 16, 2012 at 2:16 am |
  4. What kind of article is this?

Lame!!! Just blah, blah, blah, blaaa bla blaaa bla bla.

October 16, 2012 at 2:12 am |
  5. HeavenSent

Electric cord whippings? Bruises? What trailer park are you from? If you're going to give a good beating in the name of the Lord to the wife or kids use a phone book. Not a huge one. About two inches thick is about right. No marks. For everyday discipline of the little dickens squirt ice water in one ear. Use lots. Then threaten him with the phone book if he throws up or can't walk a straight line. God bless.

October 16, 2012 at 2:06 am |
  6. End Religion

Which pill is best, red or blue? Reality or delusion? HeavenSent, we know you took the blue one...

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYddmPbu7jg&w=640&h=360]

October 15, 2012 at 11:49 pm |
  7. mvhannigan

Really? How long are we going to continue going around over semantics? This whole argument comes down how people use the word "faith." You can't even have a legit conversation about the original question without first agreeing on the definition. As it stands, I can say both yes and no to the question.

For instance, I have faith that space never ends ... I believe something I can't prove ... but there's certainly nothing religious about it.

At the same time, I can say I believe that religious structures (creeds, catechisms, scriptures, traditions, rituals) are very important to understanding and building faith in God ... that it seems unlikely that a person would be able to develop a mature understanding of faith without those things.

I mean .... I guess you could figure out how to build a rocket ship by yourself without using any of the engineering, chemistry, mathematics, or computer science that has come before ..... just sit in your living room and invent all that stuff yourself ..... but I don't think it is likely.

October 15, 2012 at 10:41 pm |
    • It's like this

The failure in your logic is that there is no one definition, which is why Christians endlessly try to say that athiesm is a faith and a religion, and all that other patently untrue nonsense.

It's like you have a yellow labrador retriever, and these dingbats keep insisting that your dog is Asian and a coward because it's yellow. There is no reconciling the differences – they are too wide. Trying to jam the square peg of theological "religion" into the round hole of the colloquial "religion", meaning "a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith," is inherently false.

To do so repeatedly after this fallacy has been revealed is very dishonest. Which leads to the question – why are the supposedly "morally superior" Christians so prone to dishonesty?

October 16, 2012 at 1:49 am |
  8. HeavenSent

It smells like Mecca here. Mohammad Satan is expert at spreading lies to make you follow his lies about God. Read the bible and be saved from hell.

October 15, 2012 at 10:22 pm |
    • LinCA

Reading the bible for comprehension is one of the surest ways to atheism.

October 15, 2012 at 10:26 pm |
    • End Religion

Reading the posts of religious folks on this blog is another surefire method to keeping atheism on the rise. Thank you religiously deluded types for being so batshit crazy!

October 15, 2012 at 11:35 pm |
    • sam stone

HS: Your god is an impotent petty pr1ck.

That is why you desire eternity on your knees in front of "him"

October 16, 2012 at 9:13 am |
  9. STOP MURDER OF CHILDREN , Human be aware of hindu filthy dog's of hindu Atheism, self center ism , DENIAL OF TRUTH ABSOLUTE GOD.

@Haven'tSent ignorant fake, and real, spirit means truth of ALLAH, and religion's are Christianity, corruption of truth absolute GOD, legality and real HS Dog ism, illegality do not mix, one has to be Sent, ignorant to hope for oil and water to mix, goon of Christianity ism.

October 15, 2012 at 10:17 pm |
  10. Blessed are the Cheesemakers

Religion is not required to pretend to know things you don't really know....but it certainly helps.

October 15, 2012 at 9:16 pm |
  11. Sam Yaza

i like spiritual not religious, good people. in fact their counted among the Pagan.

October 15, 2012 at 8:33 pm |
    • Dippy

It's "they're", not "their".

October 15, 2012 at 9:28 pm |
    • Wraith

As a pagan, I'm okay with this.

October 16, 2012 at 12:42 pm |
  12. Rational Libertarian

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

October 15, 2012 at 6:57 pm |
    • I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV

@Rational Libertarian,

What point are you making here?

Non-sequiturs are not automatically amusing.

October 15, 2012 at 7:03 pm |
    • Fergus spake these words and he said

This shall be my creed, whereby shall I live my life, as it were a shining example of Virtue and Excellence, well worthy to be enshrined in Heaven as a model for all who are wise to follow. My creed shall into three parts, like Gaul, be divided. Firstly, I shall constrain myself to Mind My Own Business. Secondly, I shall endeavor at all times and in all places to Keep My Nose Clean by the most expedient possible means. Thirdly, and finally, I shall always exercise the utmost care to Keep My Hands To Myself

October 15, 2012 at 7:29 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

I'm just pointing out that liberals suck ass.

October 15, 2012 at 8:18 pm |
    • I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV

Huh?

October 15, 2012 at 9:13 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

Only joking, just making light of your moniker which implies you're a liberal (maybe you're not, although if I remember correctly, you are). There's only one thing the world needs less than liberals, and that's conservatives.

October 15, 2012 at 9:21 pm |
    • I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV

@RL

Being "not GOP" could mean many things ...

Maybe I'm being daft but I'm still not sure I get the connection between SBNR and the one ring.

October 15, 2012 at 9:35 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

I connect the One Ring with everything, like Walter Sobchak and 'Nam.

October 15, 2012 at 10:01 pm |
  13. HeavenSent

So here is the story: my dog ran off after I gave him his morning kicking today, and I can't slap the wife around because she done left too, and the kids got taken away by Child Protective Services because of all the electric-cord wipping marks I put on them, and all my neighbors here at the Whiskey Swamp Trailer Park For Recovering Meth Addicts have restraining orders against me, so I just don't have anyone to vomit my rage onto today.

So I can here with all my other names.

October 15, 2012 at 5:05 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Don't worry RealityNot. You're still a legend in your own mind. Even if you have to stoop low and steal Christian handles to post under.

October 15, 2012 at 5:30 pm |
    • Kenny Powers

Sounds about right for the average conservative christian. You omitted the inbreeding and illiteracy, though.

October 15, 2012 at 6:06 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Kenny, who are you writing to? The fake heavensent or the real HeavenSent?

October 15, 2012 at 6:08 pm |
    • just sayin

There's no such thing as a real heavensent. God bless

October 15, 2012 at 6:21 pm |
    • just sayin

You are forgiven for stealing my name, you now owe a debt to God for the grace given to you. God bless

October 15, 2012 at 6:26 pm |
    • HeavenSent

just sayin, I was referring to the handle I use. Same as you. Is it you behind the message or is you handle being hijacked by an atheist?

October 15, 2012 at 6:38 pm |
    • therealpeace2all

@HeavenSent

Just more "Christian Love" by an evangelical Christian. HeavenSent you are a terrible person.
      I still haven't seen the original -hs yet... you ?
      Read more of the Bible, my friend and repent in the name of Jesus, etc... etc...

Peace...

October 15, 2012 at 6:38 pm |
    • just sayin

@HeavenSent

no one who truly follows Jesus' truth can claim to be heavensent, it is not appropriate. God bless

October 15, 2012 at 7:14 pm |
    • HeavenSent

therealpeace2all, I'm not an evangelical Christian and I only seem mean to atheists because I don't fall down and believe all the nonsense they were conditioned to believe. Which comes down to you. You are in the same boat of an atheists even though you think you know God. You know nothing, believe in satan, learn nothing because it's all wishy washy stuff to keep you lazy and stupid.

Good night.

October 15, 2012 at 7:49 pm |
    • Veritas

HS. You're getting confused again. It's the religious folk that are conditioned. There's no weekly brainwashing from an early age for atheists.

October 15, 2012 at 9:28 pm |
    • End Religion

HeavenSent, I understand its a right of passage of sorts around here to have you condemn one to hell with a personal worm slathering up one's fat drippings... could you honor me? I was hoping to be able to brag about it.

October 15, 2012 at 9:38 pm |
  14. HeavenSent

[insert random bible quote that has nothing to do with the subject or article]

Amen.

October 15, 2012 at 5:03 pm |
    • HeavenSent

At least I don't write "probably" or "most likely not" Reality, the thief of stealing Christian handles to remain king of the loser atheists.

October 15, 2012 at 5:32 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Better than being queen of batshit crazy.

October 15, 2012 at 5:57 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Oh, you'd love for me to be bat chit crazy. But, atlas, you atheist were picked for a reason. And it wasn't for your intellects.

October 15, 2012 at 6:10 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Fake heavensent, I forgot to mention STROKE, STROKE, STROKE. Works each and every time. LOL.

October 15, 2012 at 6:11 pm |
    • Scotty

HS! I will block you again, muwahahahaha!!

October 15, 2012 at 6:22 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Go ahead Scotty. You love getting rid of folks that don't believe your stupidity.

October 15, 2012 at 6:40 pm |
    • Scotty

I have spoken to my minions at this site, and they will block your IP forever!

October 15, 2012 at 7:15 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Good. That will ensure I don't have to read the nonsense of nonbelievers that are lost.

October 15, 2012 at 7:51 pm |
    • HeavenSent

You will all probably go to hell. If you think for one second you will go to Heaven, that is most likely not the case.

October 15, 2012 at 9:43 pm |
    • midwest rail

Your arrogance, condescension, and hatred will ensure your ticket right next to us.

October 15, 2012 at 9:48 pm |
    • Sam Yaza

s i asked Gerald Ford how is heaven and this is what he said

"the whole thing stinks; It's such a bore, it's nothing more than playing Tiddly-Winks."

October 15, 2012 at 9:51 pm |
  15. Kindness

Kindness
    Kindness
    kindness
    This is my experience... Thank you.

MY personal testimony.
    A thought to consider without an ego response

I Accepted Jesus christ as my lord and saviour. You never know how soon is too late. Transcend the worldly illusion of enslavement.
    The world denounces truth....

Accepting Jesus Christ (for me) resulted in something like seeng a new colour. You will see it .....but will not be able to clearly explain it to anyone else..... Its meant to be that way to transend any selfism within you.

Also... much the world arranges "surrounding dark matter into something to be debated" in such a way that protects/inflates the ego.

The key is be present and transcend our own desire to physically see evidence. We don't know anyways by defending our own perception of dark matter.

Currently.... most of us are constructing our own path that suits our sin lifestyle. Were all sinners. Knowing that we are is often an issue. But both christians and non are sinners. Even once we are saved by christs merciful grace we will still experience adversity to mold us to adhering to the truth.
    We will slip... But not fall of the ship ...carrying us onward to perfection in christs grace.

We don't like to Let go and let god. We want control to some degree. This is what Jesus asks us to do. "Follow me".
    It's the hardest thing to do... but is done by letting the truth of scripture lead you (redemptive revelation)... as I said .

Try reading corinthians and see if it makes sense to you. Try it without a pre conceived notion of it being a fairy tale.
    See the truth...
    do we do what it says in todays society... is it relevant... so many have not recently read and only hinge their philosophy on what they have heard from some other person...which may have been full of arogance pride or vanity..

Look closely at the economy ponzi, look at how society idolizes Lust , greed , envy, sloth, pride of life, desire for knowledge, desire for power, desire for revencge,gluttony with food etc .

Trancsend the temporal world.

Just think if you can find any truth you can take with you ....in any of these things. When you die your riches go to someone who will spend away your life..... You will be forgotten.... history will repeat iteslf.... the greatest minds knowledge fade or are eventually plagerzed..... your good deeds will be forgotten and only give you a fleeting temporary reward . your learned teachings are forgotten or mutated..... your gold is transfered back to the rullers that rule you through deception. Your grave will grow over . This is truth .

Trancsend your egoism and free yourself from this dominion of satan. Understand you are a sinner and part of the collective problem of this worldly matrix... Repent.... Repent means knowing (to change) The Holy spirit (within) will convict you beyond what you think you can do by yourself. Grace is given to those who renounce the world. That are" in" the world but not "of " the world.

Evidence follows faith. Faith does not follow evidence..... Faith ....above reason in Jesus Christ.

Faith comes by Reading or Hearing the word of god from the bible . Ask Jesus in faith for dicernment and start reading the new testament... You will be shocked when you lay down your preconceived notions and ....see and hear truth ... see how christ sets an example ... feel the truth....

Read Ecclesiastes. Read romans or corinthians.

You cant trancend your own egoism by adapting a world philosophy to suit your needs. Seek the truth in Christ.

Sell all your cleverness and purchase true bewilderment. You don't get what you want ....you get what you are by faith above reason in christ.

I promise this has been the truth for me. In Jesus christ .

Think of what you really have to lose. ...your ego?

Break the Matrix of illusion that holds your senses captive.

once you do . you too will have the wisdom of God that comes only through the Holy Spirit. Saved By grace through Faith. Just like seeing a new colour.... can't explain it to a transient caught in the matrix of worldly deception.
    You will also see how the world suppresses this information and distorts it

You're all smart people . I tell the truth. Its hard to think out of the box when earthly thinking is the box.
    I'ts a personal free experience you can do it free anytime . Don't wait till you are about to die.. START PUTTING YOUR TREASURES WHERE THEY REALLY MATTER >
    Its awsome and It's just between you and Jesus

my testimony

Romans 10:9

"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved
    Last eve I passed beside a blacksmith’s door,
    And heard the anvil ring the vesper chime;
    The, looking in, I saw upon the floor
    Old hammers, worn with beating years of time.
    “How many anvils have you had,” said I,
    “To wear and batter all these hammers so?”
    “Just one,” said he, and then with twinkling eye,
    “The anvil wears the hammers out, you know.”
    And so, thought I, the anvil of God’s Word,
    For ages skeptic blows have beat upon;
    Yet, though the noise of falling blows was heard,
    The anvil is unharmed – the hammers gone.

Truth is..exclusive

October 15, 2012 at 4:46 pm |
    • ;p;

Truth is relative

October 15, 2012 at 4:55 pm |
    • Madtown

-----
      But, what about me? I've never heard of Jesus because I was born into a portion of the world where christianity doesn't exist and isn't practiced. Do you have any recommendations for me to find the truth?

October 15, 2012 at 4:55 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Madtown, you're a liar and not good at it either. How would you know to post your message of not hearing Jesus' truth if you didn't know of Him already?

Slither back to your corner Madtown.

October 15, 2012 at 5:03 pm |
    • captain america

HS – just admit that you're canadian so everyone can see you for the idiot ass hole foreigner you are.

October 15, 2012 at 5:04 pm |
    • captian america

kindness
      kindness
      kindness

Good Christian kindness

That's what I am all about, you FUKING DI<BdCKHEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 15, 2012 at 5:08 pm |
    • Madtown

HeavenSent
      Madtown, you're a liar and not good at it either
      -----
      My post was more of an allegory, meant to provoke thought about how a believer of a particular religion could truly consider it the "1 and only way". Clearly, you're too stupid to get it.

October 15, 2012 at 5:12 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Madtown, if anyone is too stupid to comprehend His truth, it's you atheists that can't see His wisdom.

October 15, 2012 at 5:34 pm |
    • truth be turd

HeavenSent does not fully comprehend what Kindness is saying. Please read more of the Bible to understand the Truth.

October 15, 2012 at 6:14 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Madtown, "provoking thought"? Good grief, are you that lost? It's you atheists that never think anything through to completion. You jump on how you were conditioned. Claim that we are, then you never figure out how you were controlled to believe what you believe. If you read and understood Jesus' truth, there is nothing new under the sun that He hasn't explained.

October 15, 2012 at 6:32 pm |
    • Get Real

HeavenSent:
      "...there is nothing new under the sun that He hasn't explained."

He never explained to you that there is no Mod Squad here, nor that not every dissenting post is really being made by @Reality and @Tom,Tom the Piper's Son.

October 15, 2012 at 6:36 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Get Real, how many times do I have to explain the blocking mechanism on this site to you. Read what I'm writing slowly. Each and every time an atheist hijacks my handle and are posting at the same time as I am. My posts get blocked. Get it? 2 people using the same handle can't post at the same time.

October 15, 2012 at 6:44 pm |
    • therealpeace2all

@HeavenSent

You whining Christian complainer... that's all you are.

Peace...

October 15, 2012 at 6:46 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Good night atheists. You bore me, as usual. Sad, but true. That is your legacy.

October 15, 2012 at 6:47 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Good night to you Tommie, Tom using therealpeace2all handle.

October 15, 2012 at 6:48 pm |
    • tallulah13

I can't tell if that is a real or fake HS. Either way, posts are blocked because of offensive letter combinations, not because of screen names. Trolls hijack everyone's names. HS (real or fake) blames atheists because HS (real or fake) always has to blame someone else for her misfortunes. She would rather blame others than honestly consider the real situation.

October 15, 2012 at 6:52 pm |
    • sam stone

HS: You are a diseased gash.

October 15, 2012 at 7:06 pm |
    • HeavenSent

I have absolutely no idea how the internet works.

October 15, 2012 at 7:17 pm |
    • HeavenSent

tallulah13, it's not my problem you don't read my explanation but write your venom just the same. As I said before. Block me. That's how you atheists deal with life. Wipe out what/who doesn't agree with your stupidity.

October 15, 2012 at 7:56 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Help! Someone blocks my internets. Darn you, Al Gore!

October 15, 2012 at 9:53 pm |
    • Sam Yaza

HeavenSent

tThat's how you Christians deal with life. Wipe out what/who doesn't agree with your stupidity.

fixed

October 15, 2012 at 9:55 pm |
  16. Reality

Putting the kibosh/”google” on spirituality and religion :

• There was no Easter i.e. Christianity completely fails as a religion.

• There was no Moroni i.e. Mormonism is nothing more than a business cult.

• Fat Buddhas here, skinny Buddhas there, reincarnated Buddhas everywhere makes for a no on Buddhism.

Added details available upon written request.

A quick search will put the kibosh on any other groups calling themselves a religion or "spirit believers".

e.g. Taoism

October 15, 2012 at 4:39 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Reality, as usual, you can't prove that Jesus Christ isn't real. That's why you write "probably" or "most likely". Why? Because you're a weiner with no backbone.

October 15, 2012 at 5:05 pm |
    • HeavenSent

All fake religions that explain 95% of Jesus' Chris's truth and add 5% of satan's lies to cause doubt. And, you reality, fell for satan's lies, hook, line and it has sunk you. I'd repent to Jesus Christ if I were you RealityNot.

October 15, 2012 at 5:08 pm |
    • jarhead333

Ok, I'll bite. Why do you say there is no evidence that these people existed. I noticed that you did not mention that there was no evidence of Jesus. Does that mean that you believe that he did in fact exist? I know that you don't believe that he was who he said he was, but do you think he existed?

October 15, 2012 at 5:25 pm |
    • End Religion

The jesus you believe in as the son of god did not exist. The abrahamic god does not exist. Not only isn't there a shred of evidence supporting any of it, the "evidence" mostly used by religious people are known fabrications or falsehoods. We can't post a ton of links here so you'll just need to use Google to find more. It is very simple and plain to find the info, you just don't want to know it.

If you want to boil it down, the only "mystery" pertaining to a god is that we have no evidence for such a creator, thus it remains a possibility – this is where confusion sets in. There could be a creator but there is NO evidence for it AND it cannot be the abrahamic god, which is simply provable manmade fluff used to fill gaps in our knowledge of the universe.

BTW, jarhead, if as your name implies you have served in the U.S. military, thank you. If we ever meet I will buy you a drink!

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=videoseries&w=640&h=360]

October 15, 2012 at 7:34 pm |
    • End Religion

maybe this one will work...
      [youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJXlOoKfZfo&w=640&h=360]

October 15, 2012 at 7:45 pm |
    • Robertson

Jews were the first to be deceived by satan. Atheists are deceived by those that were first deceived.

October 15, 2012 at 9:35 pm |
    • End Religion

robertson that was the funniest thing I've read in a while, thx!

October 15, 2012 at 9:56 pm |
    • Reality

Jesus did exist. He just was not the man some thought he was.

To wit: Only for the new members of this blog.

From Professors Crossan and Watts' book, Who is Jesus.

"That Jesus was crucified under Pontius Pilate, as the Creed states, is as certain as anything historical can ever be.

“ The Jewish historian, Josephus and the pagan historian Tacitus both agree that Jesus was executed by order of the Roman governor of Judea. And is very hard to imagine that Jesus' followers would have invented such a story unless it indeed happened.

“While the brute fact that of Jesus' death by crucifixion is historically certain, however, those detailed narratives in our present gospels are much more problematic. "

“My best historical reconstruction would be something like this. Jesus was arrested during the Passover festival, most likely in response to his action in the Temple. Those who were closest to him ran away for their own safety.

I do not presume that there were any high-level confrontations between Caiaphas and Pilate and Herod Antipas either about Jesus or with Jesus. No doubt they would have agreed before the festival that fast action was to be taken against any disturbance and that a few examples by crucifixion might be especially useful at the outset. And I doubt very much if Jewish police or Roman soldiers needed to go too far up the chain of command in handling a Galilean peasant like Jesus. It is hard for us to imagine the casual brutality with which Jesus was probably taken and executed. All those "last week" details in our gospels, as distinct from the brute facts just mentioned, are prophecy turned into history, rather than history remembered."

See also Professor Crossan's reviews of the existence of Jesus in his other books especially, The Historical Jesus and also Excavating Jesus (with Professor Jonathan Reed doing the archeology discussion) .

Other NT exegetes to include members of the Jesus Seminar have published similar books with appropriate supporting references.

Part of Crossan's The Historical Jesus has been published online at books.google.com/books.

There is also a search engine for this book on the left hand side of the opening page. e.g. Search Josephus

See also Wikipedia's review on the historical Jesus to include the Tacitus' reference to the crucifixion of Jesus.

From ask.com,

"One of the greatest historians of ancient Rome, Cornelius Tacitus is a primary source for much of what is known about life the first and second centuries after the life of Jesus. His most famous works, Histories and Annals, exist in fragmentary form, though many of his earlier writings were lost to time. Tacitus is known for being generally reliable (if somewhat biased toward what he saw as Roman immorality) and for having a uniquely direct (if not blunt) writing style.

Then there are these scriptural references:

Crucifixion of Jesus:(1) 1 Cor 15:3b; (2a) Gos. Pet. 4:10-5:16,18-20; 6:22; (2b) Mark 15:22-38 = Matt 27:33-51a = Luke 23:32-46; (2c) John 19:17b-25a,28-36; (3) Barn. 7:3-5; (4a) 1 Clem. 16:3-4 (=Isaiah 53:1-12); (4b) 1 Clem. 16.15-16 (=Psalm 22:6-8); (5a) Ign. Mag. 11; (5b) Ign. Trall. 9:1b; (5c) Ign. Smyrn. 1.2.- (read them all at wiki.faithfutures. Crucifixion org/index.php/005_Crucifixion_Of_Jesus )

Added suggested readings:

o 1. Historical Jesus Theories, earlychristianwritings.com/theories.htm – the names of many of the contemporary historical Jesus scholars and the ti-tles of their over 100 books on the subject.
      o
      2. Early Christian Writings, earlychristianwritings.com/
      – a list of early Christian doc-uments to include the year of publication–

30-60 CE Passion Narrative
      100-150 Preaching of Peter
      100-160 Gospel of the Ebionites
      100-160 Gospel of the Nazoreans
      100-160 Shepherd of Hermas
      100-160 2 Peter

3. Historical Jesus Studies, faithfutures.org/HJstudies.html,
      – "an extensive and constantly expanding literature on historical research into the person and cultural context of Jesus of Nazareth"
      4. Jesus Database, faithfutures.org/JDB/intro.html–"The JESUS DATABASE is an online annotated inventory of the traditions concerning the life and teachings of Jesus that have survived from the first three centuries of the Common Era. It includes both canonical and extra-canonical materials, and is not limited to the traditions found within the Christian New Testament."
      5. Josephus on Jesus mtio.com/articles/bissar24.htm
      6. The Jesus Seminar, mystae.com/restricted/reflections/messiah/seminar.html#Criteria
      7. Writing the New Testament- mystae.com/restricted/reflections/messiah/testament.html
      8. Health and Healing in the Land of Israel By Joe Zias
      joezias.com/HealthHealingLandIsrael.htm
      9. Economics in First Century Palestine, K.C. Hanson and D. E. Oakman, Palestine in the Time of Jesus, Fortress Press, 1998.

October 16, 2012 at 12:18 am |
  17. GOOD NEWS

Fall Special!

Jesus Blood
    Jesus Water

Your choice: 2oz / 4oz decorative gold bottles

50% Off!

(expires 10/31/2012)

October 15, 2012 at 4:14 pm |
  18. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things.

October 15, 2012 at 4:11 pm |
    • hal 9001

I'm sorry, "Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things", but everything you have ever asserted regarding atheism and prayer is unfounded. The degree to which your assertions may represent truths is 0.0. To help you understand the degree to which your assertions may represent truths, I will access my Idiomatic Expression Equivalency module (IEE). Using my IEE module, the expression that best matches the degree to which your assertions may represent truths is: "TOTAL FAIL".

I see that you repeat these unfounded statements with high frequency. Perhaps the following book might help you overcome this problem:

I'm Told I Have Dementia: What You Can Do... Who You Can Turn to...
      by the Alzheimer's Disease Society

October 15, 2012 at 4:13 pm |
    • just sayin

I like pray and tell God what to do. I like to tell him what I want, because God loves to change his unchangable plan to spoil me.

October 15, 2012 at 4:16 pm |
    • the finisher

Hai:

You repeat yourself often, wouldn't that make you a hypocrite?

October 15, 2012 at 4:19 pm |
    • David Larimer

I'd miss this guy if he didn't show up in the comments to all articles. He never has anything useful to say, but he's the friendly drunk mumbling in the corner.

October 15, 2012 at 4:53 pm |
    • just sayin

There is a joy in Godly prayer known to quite a few. This very day with sincere heart that joy is there for you. God bless

October 15, 2012 at 5:10 pm |
    • just sayin

Gods grace and mercy is not delayed or diverted by the answered requests of Gods children. That is a wonder of the mystery of God. God bless

October 15, 2012 at 5:13 pm |
    • just sayin

Pants

October 15, 2012 at 6:24 pm |
    • End Religion

"he's the friendly drunk mumbling in the corner"

Unfortunately the scenario for the drunk religious types is that while he may seem a friendly mumbler, he likely has a dagger underneath his London Fog jacket that he just can't wait to plunge into the heart of any perceived sinner, to claim he's doing god's work.

October 15, 2012 at 7:41 pm |
    • Ben

Atheism is not healthy for children? Force feeding your child your religion is not healthy – scaring them into believing in something that doesn't exist is not healthy. How about letting them think for themselves & come to their own conclusions. Religion discourages individual thought & teaches people to be satisfied with ignorance about the universe.

October 15, 2012 at 7:52 pm |
  19. GOOD NEWS

Spiritual, and also Religious,

for a GOOD Reason now:

****UNIVERSAL MAGNIFICENT MIRACLES****

October 15, 2012 at 4:09 pm |
  20. STOP MURDER OF CHILDREN , Human be aware of hindu filthy dog's of hindu Atheism, self center ism , DENIAL OF TRUTH ABSOLUTE GOD.

Spirit means truth and religion's are hinduism, corruption of truth absolute, legality and hinduism, illegality do not mix, one has to be hindu, ignorant to hope for oil and water to mix.

October 15, 2012 at 4:08 pm |
    • Micky Mouseism source of Filthy word saladism

Denial of absolute Pluto.

October 15, 2012 at 9:20 pm |
    • STOP MURDER OF CHILDREN , Human be aware of hindu filthy dog's of hindu Atheism, self center ism , DENIAL OF TRUTH ABSOLUTE GOD.

absurdity, of a Christian GAWD, ignorant.

October 15, 2012 at 10:20 pm |