home
RSS
Atheist billboard attacks Romney’s faith, but Mormons say it's misleading
This billboard on wheels, sponsored by American Atheists, will follow the Romney campaign throughout southern Florida.
October 21st, 2012

Atheist billboard attacks Romney’s faith, but Mormons say it's misleading

By Dan Merica, CNN

Washington (CNN) – When he campaigns in southern Florida on Monday, Mitt Romney will have an unwelcome traveling partner: a mobile billboard attacking his religion.

The billboard on wheels, sponsored by American Atheists, attacks the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for its treatment of African-Americans and gays, though the church says the attacks are inaccurate.

The billboard, which American Atheists says will follow the Romney campaign for seven days, features two messages on Mormonism: “No Blacks Allowed (until 1978)” and “No Gays Allowed (Current).”

The first line is a reference to the church’s practice of denying lay priesthood to black male members until 1978.

Though the church did not allow black male members to be ordained before that year when the church head says he received a revelation to reverse the policy it did allow blacks and members of all racial and ethnic groups to be church members. According to The Second Book of Nephi, a part of Mormon doctrine, “Black and white, bond and free, male and female; … all are alike unto God.”

The billboard’s second line refers to what American Atheists President David Silverman says is the religion's “intolerance” and “bigotry” when it comes to the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.

But the church denies such categorizations. It accepts gay members, though church doctrine condemning homosexuality has not changed and the church strongly opposes same-sex marriage. Some gay rights activists say the church is subtly growing friendlier toward the LGBT community, including voicing support for some gay rights.

"People are surely free to disagree with us on the facts," Dale Jones, a church spokesman, wrote in an e-mail to CNN. "This group seems not to know that there have been black members of the Church since our earliest history, and there are many faithful gay members of the Church today."

Jones continued: "We would be happy to introduce the (American Atheists president) to any of our millions of members of different ethnicity who would be happy to educate him on our racial diversity."

Silverman denies the billboard, which is costing the group $8,000, is an attack on Romney specifically. A spokeswoman for the Romney campaign said she would not comment on the sign.

“Nobody seems to be talking about the implications of having a very religious Mormon president,” Silverman said. “There are a lot of things about Mormons that people don’t know, including the fact that racism is an important part of their dogma.”

The LDS Church has largely tried to stay out of the politics surrounding the presidential campaign, even though it has received increased attention due to Romney’s candidacy. This billboard, writes Jones, is "obviously" about the "personal politics" of American Atheists.

"We have consistently kept out of the political campaign," Jones wrote. "People can see this (billboard) for what it is."

American Atheists has a long history in using billboards to call out religion and get its message out. During the political conventions in August and September, the group put up billboards attacking Mormonism and Christianity, taking aim at the faith of both presidential candidates.

This mobile billboard, however, is a departure from the standard American Atheist tactic of multiple billboards on multiple religions. According to Silverman, this is because Romney’s faith hasn’t been addressed enough in the 2012 election.

“We all understand the implications of having a Christian president. We do not understand the implications of having a Mormon president,” Silverman said. “We are not taking a position on the election, we are taking a stance on ignorance.”

- Dan Merica

Filed under: 2012 Election • Atheism • Florida • Homosexuality • Mitt Romney • Politics • Race

soundoff (2,468 Responses)
  1. Julia

Being "anti" anybody is just never a helpful thing.

October 26, 2012 at 8:26 am |
  2. jim

Coming from an ignorant, intolerant, dweeb that's not saying much.

October 26, 2012 at 3:25 am |
    • Jeff

Yeah, I smelled an agenda when I read that quote. I'm sure the fine folks at atheism.org are more partisan than they would ever admit. That's too bad, since I'm sure there are many Republican atheists and agnostics out there. Note to atheism.org: If you want to keep whatever credibility you have garnished, you might want to stay out of politics altogether.

October 26, 2012 at 4:40 am |
    • Jeff

Of course I think the mormon church should stay out of politics as well...

October 26, 2012 at 9:53 am |
  3. Jeff

And the billboard funded by athiests.org attacking Obama's faith (professed liberal Christian) is where?

Exactly ... this billboard is clearly motivated by politics, not theology. Please.

October 26, 2012 at 1:27 am |
    • Jeff

Okay, I stand corrected. The article states further down that Obama's faith is attacked as well. Guess it helps to read the whole thing.

October 26, 2012 at 1:49 am |
  4. MikeB

The fine print of cowards and punks.

October 25, 2012 at 11:53 pm |
    • pastmorm

mikeb....and this is coming from what kind of person?

October 26, 2012 at 9:57 am |
  5. John Gault

Let's go back even further. In 1827 in Bainbridge NY, Joseph Smith, founder of the mormon religion was convicted as a person of disorderly character and an imposter for leading people on mad gold diggin expeditions.....a true messiah....

October 25, 2012 at 11:47 pm |
  6. spent

It should be that way, and that is a wonderful ad. No Gays, No Blacks and No OBAMA...Yes, our CREATOR

October 25, 2012 at 10:54 pm |
  7. prd2bsecular

I have a dream; that this billboard could be everyone in American's screensaver for a day.

October 25, 2012 at 10:51 pm |
    • GeorgeLeroyTirebiter

... interesting idea. You'll have to see one of the Anonymous team. Should be easy to find them. I hear they are legion.

October 25, 2012 at 11:34 pm |
  8. no, darling

Why is nobody taking this story on?

October 25, 2012 at 9:58 pm |
    • rocketscientist

"OK my dear fellow Americans – can you vote for someone who says L Ron Hubbard's "Battlefield Earth" is his favorite book?"

Sure, I'd vote for someone like that. I thought Battlefield Earth was a really fun book, and I'm Catholic. Definitely not my favorite, but I could see it as someone's favorite book.

"What's next.... a president who has the oil paintings of Adolf Hitler hanging in his living room?"
      Not the same thing. A better comparison, perhaps is the one I suggested on one of your previous posts on this exact same subject, the works of composer Richard Wagner. Wagner was a vocal anti-semite and Hitler was a fan of his music. That said, Wagner is performed all over the world (except for Israel, where the performance of his music is still a subject of understandable debate). His music was an inspiration to John Williams for Star Wars.

"With all the good husbandry&familymanship under such intense scrutiny, why is nobody paying attention to this?"
      Because it's totally irrelevant. "Battlefield Earth" is not "Dianetics." It's a big, bold, sci-fi book with a bit of satire. It was a bestseller when it came out. I'd say the majority of people who were reading it weren't even Scientologists to begin with. I read it in highschool and I knew nothing of ERB's connection to Scientology or anything about Scientology at the time and I thought the book was great.

"What Scientology needs is its tax-exempt status revoked, and not a president who "likes" the mediocre literary output of its leader."

So this is about Scientology now? I thought it was about Mitt Romney (who also like The Killers too, maybe you could run with that next).

"Why is nobody taking this story on?"
      Because there's no story here. If there was, they would.

October 29, 2012 at 1:10 pm |
    • no, darling

@rocketscientist
      Get yourself some info on Scientology and how it is trying to infiltrate governments around the world, how it disconnects families and fleeces peoples and family's of their money.

That a potential future president has the book written by a person who would perpetrate such things is a scandal of the first order.
      But I am guessing you are a Scientologist yourself.
      If you can, read – look – listen – hear both sides.
      You probably are not allowed to.

October 31, 2012 at 12:55 am |
  9. Alip

I think it is important to understand about Mormonism for lots of reasons (one reason being that one could be elected president), but this claim that this group made about being "against ignorance" doesn't make sense. They created a billboard that promotes ignorance because it seeks only to evoke an emotional reaction without giving anyone details/information about what is stated (that is not educating people). I think everyone has the right to speak up about what they believe, but this billboard is just about hatred and scare tactics. If you want to become educated about Mormonism go to LDS.org...not American Atheists.

October 25, 2012 at 8:48 pm |
    • burgersandfries

The job of the billboard was to spark conversation. Looks like it worked.

October 25, 2012 at 9:15 pm |
    • Jesus Christ

Yeah Alip, if you want a ONE sided view of mormonism, do indeed go to LDS.org. If you want the full picture, google, go to your library, look up town records on Joseph Smith and his criminal history and how he married a 14 year old....you'll find out SO much if you actually thin for yourself.
      Don't give in to the communist mormon church.

October 25, 2012 at 10:25 pm |
  10. Tyler

I am getting really sick of this. Religions are constantly attacking other religions and it's entirely unnecessary. I for one am an atheist. I have been for a couple years now and that hasn't wavered. However, I see something like this and I get angry. Why does an atheist group need to attack Mormonism? I think everyone needs to just stick to their own beliefs and simply respect the beliefs, however different, of others. I have zero problem whatsoever if Mitt Romney is a Mormon, Obama is a Christian, or anything like that. I prefer to view people through their actions and their respect for other people, not by their religion. I hope there are other people out there who are willing to do the same.

October 25, 2012 at 8:19 pm |
    • Alip

Couldn't have expressed it better myself :)

October 25, 2012 at 8:49 pm |
    • burgersandfries

The reason you should care is that Romney has pledged in the temple ceremony has pledged every every resource he has or may have (including all secular influence he may have) to the building up of the Mormon church and give his life for the church if necessary. That pledge is the reason why he served a mission in France and paid millions of dollars of his own money and thousands of hours of his time. So if Romney is elected President and the chips are down, will he do what is best for the country or what is best for the Mormon church? It is not clear where his allegiance will lie in that situation. I am a former member of the the Mormon church.

October 25, 2012 at 9:08 pm |
    • Tawanda

Burgersandfries
      You are totally incorrect. I've been to the temple many times. Nothing even remotely approaching what you stated happens there.

October 25, 2012 at 11:31 pm |
    • pastmorm

That's all fine and dandy Tyler, but what you mormons and what Romney does in the mormon temple is kept SECRET (yes, I know, you call it sacred) and we can't have a President that will keep secrets from his people. No other religion requires that of it's people. That's why mormonism is considered a cult. Look it up.

October 26, 2012 at 10:00 am |
    • rocketscientist

Very nicely put, Tyler. I'm Catholic, and I agree with you. You made a great post for mutual tolerance and respect for personal beliefs. Thanks very much!

October 30, 2012 at 10:56 am |
  11. HollywoodMaxX

Another freaking cult that has controlled the minds of sheeple for 100's of years all in the name of God. Why did man create God? Oh... for power, fear, and control over fellow men that all. And where the hell is heven...right next to Uranus on the far left.

October 25, 2012 at 7:32 pm |
  12. martian n

I'm a little confused. A Christian is one who believes that Jesus Christ died for their sins and at some point symbolically through baptism are washed in the blood. Is this the belief of Mormons also? I ask only because i know that the Reverend Billy Graham has called Mormonism a cult.

October 25, 2012 at 7:29 pm |
    • burgersandfries

Mormons do believe in Jesus, but it is a distinct type of Christianity from Catholics and Protestants.

October 25, 2012 at 9:09 pm |
  13. tamtag

Do atheists even believe in shame?

October 25, 2012 at 6:53 pm |
    • End Religion

Yes, we agree religion is a shame.

October 25, 2012 at 11:20 pm |
    • albie

this is about the stupidest question I have seen yet today - christians think they cornered the market on good vs. evil, right vs. wrong etc... good people are going to be good people whether or not they follow the writings of random authors of an old book full of hate and contradiction

October 25, 2012 at 11:47 pm |
    • really

Do you believe in Santa Claus?

October 26, 2012 at 9:04 am |
    • tallulah13

It seems to me that the most shameless people are the ones that use religion to rationalize bigotry, discrimination, and personal wealth acquired by cheating others.

October 26, 2012 at 10:07 am |
    • rocketscientist

You know, I don't think we should generalize the behaviour and feelings of all atheists based on the words of some of them here. I think most atheists are ike most religious folks. They're ok with others beliefs as long as they don't affect them and if there is mutual respect, tolerance, and consideration. The sad thing is, there are extreme religous types and atheist types who don't believe in tolerance, civility, or kindness.

October 30, 2012 at 11:01 am |
  14. TRUTH BE TOLD

EH, ATHEISTS SEEM TO B!TCH ABOUT EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING, EVEN AMONG THEMSELVES THEY NEVER HAPPY AND MOST OF THEM ARE THE BITTER ATHEISTS ON THE PLANET.

October 25, 2012 at 5:26 pm |
    • Jesus Christ

Oh yeah you seem to to be the picture of compassion and christianity truth be told...no wonder so many people leave christianity.

October 25, 2012 at 5:33 pm |
    • Mormon lies

They accepted black members but openly preached that they suffered from the mark of cain and therefore will only get into heaven as slaves.

October 25, 2012 at 5:40 pm |
    • TRUTH BE TOLD

JC – So if you decide to jump off a bridge it's my fault....damn fool, look again.

October 25, 2012 at 5:44 pm |
    • albie

there would be no anger at all if religion had no leverage on the world - you can believe the world is flat for all I care, but as soon as you start trying to force me to believe the world is flat, or you try to bend my rights to fit your "system" I am going to get defensive and yes, very very angry

October 25, 2012 at 11:50 pm |
    • John Gault

But they know how to work their caps lock button, which makes them superior to you.

October 25, 2012 at 11:50 pm |
    • pastmorm

Wow truth be....you really are a drama queen...so what does jumping off a bridge have to do with Jesus Christ pointing out your TOTAL lack of compassion as shown in your first post? I think you have some mental issues.

October 26, 2012 at 10:03 am |
  15. propercare

Mormons will blow up at this, but they cannot deny what it says. Mormons DO believe that God was once a man on some other planet an that they, the mormons, will become Gods themselves someday. Do you think that's Christian????

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HSlbuli7HM&w=640&h=390]

October 25, 2012 at 5:21 pm |
    • UT2VA

That's the biggest bunch of hogwash I've ever seen, I'm a converted Latter Day Saint, served a mission and got married in the temple. Some of the concepts are correct but it's mostly a pack if lies.

October 25, 2012 at 10:27 pm |
    • Kona

Yeah, the LDS isn't going to like this. Of course I would like to hear what their specific objections are to this introduction to their beliefs.

October 25, 2012 at 11:09 pm |
    • UT2VA

Okay, if you're really interested, read the original text (link below) for yourself. This doctrine came about in a speech Joseph Smith gave at the funeral of a man named King Follet.

October 25, 2012 at 11:36 pm |
    • The Mockingjay

If I made an ice cream sunday with bananas and chocolate and whipped cream, you would probably want some, but if I spit in it, you would probably not. This film takes beautiful concepts and spits on them!

October 26, 2012 at 8:37 am |
    • pastmorm

WOW UT2VA you are a flip flopper just like Romnesia!!!!! How funny, I forgot that particular gift is taught from Primary on. LOL!
      So first you say it's ALL hogwash, they you say some of the concepts are true, they you say they aren't again! ROFL! REALLY??? Look you silly little convert, I'm a 7th generation mormon. My ancestor is in your D&C. I can tell you, and you know this, that what is in that video (though it is put across in a silly way) is indeed what mormons believe. You know it, I know it. You're just ashamed of it. I just think it's pathetic.

October 26, 2012 at 10:06 am |
    • The Mockingjay

Since I'm still in preschool I like to make analogies using ice-cream and spit. Of course if you listen to Romnesia, he uses analogies as well. That's how we mormons are taught to brainwash people. We say a bunch of silly stuff that means nothing, put in a few facts, a lot of lies and consider ourselves geniuses!

October 26, 2012 at 10:09 am |
  16. cptnkirk7

one way of looking at this issue is that god's doctrines are evolving in accordance with the pronouncements of the prophets.

another way of looking at this issue is that the church's position changed in 1978 because its membership was growing at a remarkably fast rate – particularly in South America – and the church leadership could no longer distinguish between people of color and caucasians.

October 25, 2012 at 5:02 pm |
    • John

I see you've been reading Wikipedia again. Good job.

October 25, 2012 at 5:29 pm |
  17. UT2VA

Take a look at our country at the time this all went down- we as a nation back in the 1800s... blacks were slaves, and regarded as something less than human by many people. The civil rights movement had not happened yet. If they had been given the priesthood at that time, both the Church’s and the black’s persecution would have been much more severe considering the hostile environment at the time. I believe that it was God’s wisdom that they should have the priesthood given at such a time that they were seen as the equals they are, in a post-civil rights era.

October 25, 2012 at 2:17 pm |
    • Observing From a Distance

Oh so your God has eras....he didn't create the world and love everyone in it at first.....they had to wait for the right era to come along......do you realize what you are saying....you had better be very careful because the era when God rids the earth of all idiots is just around the corner...be wary of a big black cloud overhead....your era is coming

October 25, 2012 at 3:54 pm |
    • Merb

They were not welcome with open arms. Look at some of the things Brigham Young said about black people "classes of the human family that are black, uncouth, uncomely, disagreeable and low in their habits, wild, and seemingly deprived of nearly all the blessings of the intelligence that is generally bestowed upon mankind"

October 25, 2012 at 4:19 pm |
    • Don

pretty sure that they weren't "welcomed with open arms" because there skin colored was taught by mormon leaders to be a punishment for sin.

October 25, 2012 at 4:20 pm |
    • Merb

Or "In our first settlement in Missouri, it was said by our enemies that we intended to tamper with the slaves, not that we had any idea of the kind, for such a thing never entered our minds" – Brigham Young

October 25, 2012 at 4:20 pm |
    • Joy R.

Think about it, Atheists trying to inflame religious bigotry whilst they sit back and watch

In other words Atheists are trying to kill two birds with one stone:
      1- put in place a president who they believe will support their atheism better than the other guy and
      2: Cause division between believers

Don't let them get away with it. Vote with integrity and tell Atheists to take their dirty politics elsewhere.

October 25, 2012 at 4:41 pm |
    • LET'S PRAY TO JESUS. HE IS MY SAVIOR.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bup4ydQ7jFQ&w=640&h=390]

October 25, 2012 at 5:20 pm |
    • Joy R.

Well, ok, I just got my first paycheck from the Romney group so not only am I a mormon but I'm working for Romney's election. I hate Atheists because I'm told to. Being a Mormon means being mindless. Even though I'm a woman, I will never hold the priesthood and I will never be equal to my husband, but because I am mindless, I don't care.

October 25, 2012 at 5:23 pm |
    • Alip

@observing from a distance – I don't think it is about "eras". It is about people being human (imperfect). People in the early LDS church were just as imperfect as you or I and therefore made mistakes and had lapses in judgement. I am Mormon and seek to understand those early decisions and doctrines based on that fact AND with faith...meaning that I don't understand all the things that God chooses to do nor will I probably be capable of doing so in the near future. Why throw out all that is good because I simply lack the ability to understand all that God does???

October 25, 2012 at 8:57 pm |
    • UT2VA

Observing From a Distance- really? On the era thing, really? God executes commandments and teachings at different times or in different eras according to the readiness of mankind. Law of Moses for example was practiced in the old testament and done away with Christ. It's really basic and not hard to understand unless you're just looking for an argument which you obviously are...

October 25, 2012 at 9:51 pm |
    • UT2VA

If you're going to watch the ex-mormon clip, at least give equal time to the truth at the link below and not give too much creedence to small faction of folks who got mad or offended for some reason at the Church. http://mormon.org/

October 25, 2012 at 10:19 pm |
    • End Religion

Joy, there is surprisingly little effort needed. We simply tell the truth, then each of the hundreds of thousands of denominations claim they're the only one, and then the fighting starts amongst them all.

October 25, 2012 at 11:31 pm |
    • albie

Hey Joy, there is no such conspiracy - did you hear something like this from your pastor? Someone like me believes that religion is bad for the world in the same way that alzheimers or lack of education is - as some goes on, we will hopefully solve all of these problems and religion will only be studied by history majors.

October 25, 2012 at 11:55 pm |
  18. you the man

Im half black Romney is gonna be the winner.

October 25, 2012 at 1:33 pm |
    • LET'S PRAY TO JESUS. HE IS MY SAVIOR.

I'm half black, Obama is going to win.

October 25, 2012 at 1:34 pm |
    • John Gault

I'm all white, hope Obama wins.

October 25, 2012 at 11:52 pm |
    • really

Nobody cares what color you are.

October 26, 2012 at 9:08 am |
    • say what

I'm all black and own several birds.

October 26, 2012 at 9:09 am |
    • WASP

i'm half alien and waiting to PHONE HOME. LMFAO

October 26, 2012 at 10:10 am |
  19. marker

The policy on blacks was common in the Christian world until the 20th century–but interestingly not in Mormonism under Joseph Smith. Smith commonly ordained blacks to the priesthood and promoted them into Priesthood hiearchy (Elijah Able was ordained as a 70), restricting the practice to new ordinations in 1838 at a time when prominent Mormons such as Orson Hyde protested and left the church. Those blacks ordained by JS continued to hold the Priesthood, and new ordinations were resumed 140 years later. Some Mormons compare this to Israel being banished to the wilderness for 40 years for failing to enter the promised land, or the requirement to be subject to kings even though God originally wanted them to be subject to judges.

October 25, 2012 at 1:25 pm |
    • lookingforfreedom

WOW marker, isn't that a tidy, sweet little answer to it all? Where does this information come from? We'd love to see references and bibliography if we could. And since you people don't accept the Journal of Discourses as scripture, then we'd like to know how you can verify that what you're claiming about Joseph Smith bestowing the Priesthood on Blacks is true. Thanks!

October 25, 2012 at 1:33 pm |
    • Behold the Man

"...and new ordinations were resumed 140 years later. Some Mormons compare this to Israel being banished to the wilderness for 40 years for failing to enter the promised land, or the requirement to be subject to kings even though God originally wanted them to be subject to judge"

The difference is, the jews were being punished. Are you saying that 140 year moratorium was to punish the blacks? What had they done to be punished so?

October 25, 2012 at 5:02 pm |
  20. UT2VA

This kook American Atheists President David Silverman actually states as a fact that "racism is an important part of their (the Mormon) dogma" Nothing could be further from the truth. If you look at the facts, to truly undersatand them, you would know otherwise. There's no arguing with these folks though. The fundamental differences in belief don't permit any rational debate.

October 25, 2012 at 1:16 pm |
    • dan Crocker

Look at what facts UT2VA? You like to say that what other people say are lies, but what facts do you have that disproves what the billboard says?
      Mormons did NOT give Blacks the priesthood until 1978 and Gays are NOT allowed in the mormon church. How would you like to argue that?

October 25, 2012 at 1:21 pm |
    • Christyfree

Hey UT2VA, did you run away after making your unfounded allegations? Seems like mormons are notorious for that. They're all talk (mostly lies) and then they run when they are questioned because they have so many secrets...but they sure do love call others liars. How sad.

October 25, 2012 at 1:29 pm |
    • UT2VA

Didn't run away, got busy this morning... First, let’s remind ourselves of the definition of racism. Blacks we never denied membership in the Church, they were always welcomed with open arms, loved and treated like anyone else. And second, with regards to them not being permitted to hold the priesthood until 1978. It's was God's direction through His prophet, given as revelation that blacks could not hold it for a season. Let’s examine a one reason for this.

October 25, 2012 at 2:22 pm |
    • Jaimie

I've never read a mormon version of the bible, if there is one. But I do know a bit about your religion, and it's founders.

How can you follow a faith with a history like that ?

October 25, 2012 at 4:45 pm |
    • Oliver

The Book of Mormon clearly suggests that people of color were made that way by god as punishment for the mistreatment of Jesus. And oh yeah, all this supposedly happened in America. And the Garden of Eden was in Missouri. Its kook talk. But then again, so is most religious dogma. I can understand people of faith looking to the morality of the stories more then the facts, but when those moralities point to racist ideals, you've crossed the line into full blown crazy.

October 25, 2012 at 5:16 pm |
    • Mormon lies

Mormons preached that blacks only get into heaven as slaves up until thirty years ago. That means all the churches elders where raised with that belief, it's called the mark of cain look it up

October 25, 2012 at 5:42 pm |
    • John Gisel

UT2VA, keep in mind it is no coincidence that in 1978 the Mormons opened up to Blacks. They were about to lose their tax exempt status as a church for their racist tendencies. They had to change or start paying taxes. Its in the history books. And what about the "curse of the blacl skin?" Why are mormons afraid to discuss what it says in your holy book? It clearly refers to people with darker skin as being cursed for their sins. Please reply, and address this issue.

October 25, 2012 at 6:28 pm |
    • Drew

Your guys' first mistake was that you googled the Mormons and believed everything that came up. Your second mistake is not being concerned with what Mormons believe so much as what you think Mormons used to believe 34-100 years ago. If I wanted to learn more about Catholocism, it would make more sense to investigate the beliefs with my Catholic friends than to point out something like the Inquisition that happened ages ago.

October 25, 2012 at 7:17 pm |
    • John Gault

Drew, that's the problem. Beliefs in gods should be timeless, they should not change. Changing beliefs to currrent conditions I would think would not be appreciated by a god. Got some splainin to do!

October 25, 2012 at 11:56 pm |