home
RSS
October 21st, 2012

Author Deepak Chopra: Don't lose faith

(CNN)–Author Deepak Chopra shares thoughts on God, existence and faith from his new book "God: A Story of Revelation."

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Faith & Health • Faith Now • Spirituality

1. Kindness

Deepak Chopra is a true leader. He brings peace and healing to my heart and the hearts of millions. Give him a chance. At least he doesn't teach condemnation like christians and muslims do.

November 29, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
  2. Kindness

kindness
    This is my experience... Thank you.

MY personal testimony.
    A thought to consider without an ego response

I Accepted Jesus christ as my lord and saviour. You never know how soon is too late. Transcend the worldly illusion of enslavement.
    The world denounces truth....

Accepting Jesus Christ (for me) resulted in something like seeng a new colour. You will see it .....but will not be able to clearly explain it to anyone else..... Its meant to be that way to transend any selfism within you.

Also... much the world arranges "surrounding dark matter into something to be debated" in such a way that protects/inflates the ego.

The key is be present and transcend our own desire to physically see evidence. We don't know anyways by defending our own perception of dark matter.

Currently.... most of us are constructing our own path that suits our sin lifestyle. Were all sinners. Knowing that we are is often an issue. But both christians and non are sinners. Even once we are saved by christs merciful grace we will still experience adversity to mold us to adhering to the truth.
    We will slip... But not fall of the ship ...carrying us onward to perfection in christs grace.

We don't like to Let go and let god. We want control to some degree. This is what Jesus asks us to do. "Follow me".
    It's the hardest thing to do... but is done by letting the truth of scripture lead you (redemptive revelation)... as I said .

Try reading corinthians and see if it makes sense to you. Try it without a pre conceived notion of it being a fairy tale.
    See the truth...
    do we do what it says in todays society... is it relevant... so many have not recently read and only hinge their philosophy on what they have heard from some other person...which may have been full of arogance pride or vanity..

Look closely at the economy ponzi, look at how society idolizes Lust , greed , envy, sloth, pride of life, desire for knowledge, desire for power, desire for revencge,gluttony with food etc .

Trancsend the temporal world.

Just think if you can find any truth you can take with you ....in any of these things. When you die your riches go to someone who will spend away your life..... You will be forgotten.... history will repeat iteslf.... the greatest minds knowledge fade or are eventually plagerzed..... your good deeds will be forgotten and only give you a fleeting temporary reward . your learned teachings are forgotten or mutated..... your gold is transfered back to the rullers that rule you through deception. Your grave will grow over . This is truth .

Trancsend your egoism and free yourself from this dominion of satan. Understand you are a sinner and part of the collective problem of this worldly matrix... Repent.... Repent means knowing (to change) The Holy spirit (within) will convict you beyond what you think you can do by yourself. Grace is given to those who renounce the world. That are" in" the world but not "of " the world.

Evidence follows faith. Faith does not follow evidence..... Faith ....above reason in Jesus Christ.

Faith comes by Reading or Hearing the word of god from the bible . Ask Jesus in faith for dicernment and start reading the new testament... You will be shocked when you lay down your preconceived notions and ....see and hear truth ... see how christ sets an example ... feel the truth....

Read Ecclesiastes. Read romans or corinthians.

You cant trancend your own egoism by adapting a world philosophy to suit your needs. Seek the truth in Christ.

Sell all your cleverness and purchase true bewilderment. You don't get what you want ....you get what you are by faith above reason in christ.

I promise this has been the truth for me. In Jesus christ .

Think of what you really have to lose. ...your ego?

Break the Matrix of illusion that holds your senses captive.

once you do . you too will have the wisdom of God that comes only through the Holy Spirit. Saved By grace through Faith. Just like seeing a new colour.... can't explain it to a transient caught in the matrix of worldly deception.
    You will also see how the world suppresses this information and distorts it

You're all smart people . I tell the truth. Its hard to think out of the box when earthly thinking is the box.
    I'ts a personal free experience you can do it free anytime . Don't wait till you are about to die.. START PUTTING YOUR TREASURES WHERE THEY REALLY MATTER >
    Its awsome and It's just between you and Jesus

my testimony

Romans 10:9

"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved

Last eve I passed beside a blacksmith’s door,
    And heard the anvil ring the vesper chime;
    The, looking in, I saw upon the floor
    Old hammers, worn with beating years of time.
    “How many anvils have you had,” said I,
    “To wear and batter all these hammers so?”
    “Just one,” said he, and then with twinkling eye,
    “The anvil wears the hammers out, you know.”
    And so, thought I, the anvil of God’s Word,
    For ages skeptic blows have beat upon;
    Yet, though the noise of falling blows was heard,
    The anvil is unharmed – the hammers gone.

Truth is..exclusive

November 24, 2012 at 10:22 am |
    • Christianity is a form of mental illness- FACT

(1) Hallucinations – the person has invisible friends who (s)he insists are real, and to whom (s)he speaks daily, even though nobody can actually see or hear
      these friends.

(2) Delusions – the patient believes that the invisible friends have magical powers to make them rich, cure cancer, bring about world peace, and will do so eventually if asked.

(3) Denial/Inability to learn – though the requests for world peace remain unanswered, even after hundreds of years, the patients persist with the praying behaviour, each time expecting different results.

(4) Inability to distinguish fantasy from reality – the beliefs are contingent upon ancient mythology being accepted as historical fact.

(5) Paranoia – the belief that anyone who does not share their supernatural concept of reality is "evil," "the devil," "an agent of Satan".

(6) Emotional abuse – ­ religious concepts such as sin, hell, cause feelings of guilt, shame, fear, and other types of emotional "baggage" which can scar the
      psyche for life.

(7) Violence – many patients insist that others should share in their delusions, even to the extent of using violence.

November 29, 2012 at 12:26 pm |
  3. innawake

I love deepak chopra books.He is really great spiritual man.

November 6, 2012 at 1:35 pm |
  4. The Crestroyer Theory

Deepak Chopra is in the consciousnes business. So is Sir Roger Penrose and Dr. Hameroff, University of Oxford, who recently appeared on Science Channel with their five cents on consciousness.

I have been a fan of Sir Roger Penrose for many years. He was the first scientist to say that consciousness should be found in the quantum field rather than in the brain. I am so much a fan, that I made my own theory out of the idea that consciousness might be explained through a better understanding of antimatter and parallel universes.

My idea is that antimatter is the mirror of this universe, and that antimatter might be where memory is located.

I think that the subconscious mind and consciousness are located in parallel universes in the form of antimatter. That makes the spirit and maybe even God all physical, so basically I could be said to be an atheist, even though I consider myself spiritual.

If you would like to know more, then you can watch a full videopresentation of my theory on my blog:

November 6, 2012 at 12:04 pm |
  5. The Crestroyer Theory

Politics has failed. Religions has failed. Philosophy has failed. Capitalism has failed. Even Arts and Sports have failed. What we have left is ourselves, and we have a great asset in meditation adn other spiritual practices.

Deepak Chopra is in the consciousnes business. So is Sir Roger Penrose and Dr. Hameroff, who recently appeared on Science Channel with their five cents on consciousness.

or watch it directly on YouTube here:

November 4, 2012 at 5:31 am |
  6. JimmyAlex777

I wish this dude would wear more manly glasses. I think people would take him more seriously. Is he a drag queen?

October 29, 2012 at 2:31 am |
  7. Cheryl Petersen

Good human thoughts are different from divine thoughts. We read in 21st Century Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, "If hypnotism seems to heal disease—or mental collective noise seems to alleviate loneliness—this appearance is deceptive, since error cannot remove the effects of error. Discomfort under error is preferable to comfort. In every instance, the effect of suggestion is just the effect of illusion. Any seeming benefit derived from mental manipulation is proportional to one’s faith in magic...The process, either unconsciously or consciously, of thought manipulation has no scientific foundation, for God is uninfluenced and always conscious—always consciously governing all that is real, harmonious, and eternal. God expresses divine consciousness in us.

October 24, 2012 at 8:34 am |
  8. Eliminate hindu Judaism, Atheism, secularism, 'SELF CENTER ISM' for peace among humanity.

Human please don't miss my posts. I am suffering from attention seeking syndrome. My Hakeem, a muslim term for witch doctor, prescribed me to say something really stupid to get peoples attention. On my street I walk with red nose, but internet is little different you know, so curse everyone like rabid dog!

October 22, 2012 at 3:57 pm |
    • Eliminate hindu Judaism, Atheism, secularism, 'SELF CENTER ISM' for peace among humanity.

Yes, You need help, hindu, sick with hinduism, mental dyslexia.

October 22, 2012 at 5:09 pm |

Boooo, did i scare you?

October 22, 2012 at 8:01 pm |
  9. Eliminate hinduism, denial of truth absolute GOD, FOR PEACE, ISLAM AMONG HUMANITY.

Expect nothing good from hindu, denier of truth absolute GOD, Deepak, he is a hindu ignorant from hindered gutter of hinduism, illegality called india, borne in hind, filthy of hinduism, racism and a hindu racist by faith, testimony to designation of hind , illegality , perfectly defined in language, word hindu driven from word of Latin, hindered, negative. Hun, great, Han, to be in greatness, hin, negative to both of them, hindu, a noun in negativity, hinduism, way of negativity, his words are nothing but hind, stink of his cow mama's dung. visit limitisthetruth.com to learn hinduism, criminality of hindu's criminals.

October 22, 2012 at 1:35 pm |
  10. bob

this guy could use a nose hair trimmer, or maybe he can pray that nasty hair away

October 22, 2012 at 11:34 am |
  11. Tidbit

funny religious people will FIGHT to get their nonsense forced on everyone when even they do not believe it 100%.
    Here is the proof.
    1) the goal of life according to religion is to die and go to heaven.
    2) but when these people win the lotto basically ( die ) people freekout even stop talking to their god.
    3) if they won a trip to Hawaii they would be happier then seeing them go to heaven

October 22, 2012 at 11:30 am |
    • Tired of ignorance of atheists

I suppose you want to believe that dribble you just scribbled? You sound like you will grab at anything to prevent you from learning about Jesus. Your loss.

October 22, 2012 at 1:02 pm |
  12. Blessed are the Cheese makers

The pope of "woo".

October 22, 2012 at 2:38 am |
  13. Reality

One more time:

Deepak,

If you have not already done so, please watch Julia Sweeney's monologue "Letting Go of God". You are one of the "stars" in the show.

To wit:

"I was so intrigued with this quantum mechanics that Deepak refers to over and over and over again in his books, that I decided to take a class in it.

And what I found is-Deepak Chopra is full of sh__!"

Julia Sweeney, Letting Go of God

(Ex-Catholic, now atheist) Julia Sweeney's monologue "Letting Go Of God" will be the final nail in the coffin of religious belief/faith and is and will continue to be more effective than any money-generating book or blog on the historical Jesus, your "Ultimate Happiness Prescription", atheism or secularism.

Buy the DVD or watch it on Showtime. Check your cable listings.

from http://www.amazon.com

"Letting Go of God ~ Julia Sweeney (DVD – 2008)
    Five Star Rating

October 22, 2012 at 12:34 am |
    • ....

BULL SH IT ALERT

October 22, 2012 at 7:39 am |
    • ....

YOU KNOW IT'S BULL SH, OH DARN, MOM'S CALLING AGAIN, I GOT TO GO PUT THE TRASH OUT. I'LL BE BACK

October 22, 2012 at 10:45 am |
    • Tired of ignorance of atheists

Reality, that's the problem. You atheists let go of God but he has never left you. Some day soon, you'll be begging to know God. Until then, you have the right to stay ignorant.

October 22, 2012 at 1:05 pm |
    • Reality

The Apostles' Creed 2012: (updated by yours truly and based on the studies of historians and theologians of the past 200 years)

Should I believe in a god whose existence cannot be proven
      and said god if he/she/it exists resides in an unproven,
      human-created, spirit state of bliss called heaven??

I believe there was a 1st century CE, Jewish, simple,
      preacher-man who was conceived by a Jewish carpenter
      named Joseph living in Nazareth and born of a young Jewish
      girl named Mary. (Some say he was a mamzer.)

Jesus was summarily crucified for being a temple rabble-rouser by
      the Roman troops in Jerusalem serving under Pontius Pilate,

He was buried in an unmarked grave and still lies
      a-mouldering in the ground somewhere outside of
      Jerusalem.

Said Jesus' story was embellished and "mythicized" by
      many semi-fiction writers. A descent into Hell, a bodily resurrection
      and ascension stories were promulgated to compete with the
      Caesar myths. Said stories were so popular that they
      grew into a religion known today as Catholicism/Christianity
      and featuring dark-age, daily wine to blood and bread to body rituals
      called the eucharistic sacrifice of the non-atoning Jesus.

Amen
      (references used are available upon request)

October 22, 2012 at 3:22 pm |
    • saggyroy

Letting Go of God is awesome. It does not belittle or is mean spirited in any way. It is about Julia's personal journey trying to understand god in her life. She eventually ends up an atheist, because it makes the most sense. My favorite line is when she tells her mom she is an atheist, and her mom replies: "Ok, but you are still going to go to church right?"

October 23, 2012 at 5:59 am |
    • Reality

saggyroy,

Ditto that.

October 23, 2012 at 6:48 am |
  14. Tupac Chopra, Deepak's gangsta brotha

Yo!

October 21, 2012 at 11:50 pm |
  15. What does word Christianity means, hinduism, fabrication of hindu Jew's, criminal secular, A word without any traslation.

dee-PAK Chopra, savior, my angel mother, turned hook'er, thanks to my goon Satan follower father, Taliban of first order, Heejra, crossdresser, no power of his own, made her Hell's Angel, full time hook'er, she reads dee'PAK Chopra's book, finds GOD, truth absolute, thank you dee'PAK Chopra.

October 21, 2012 at 11:31 pm |
    • What does word Christianity means, hinduism, fabrication of hindu Jew's, criminal secular, A word without any traslation.

hinduism, absurdity of a hindu, stupid.

October 22, 2012 at 1:23 pm |
    • Goddess of Whine

@ . :
      You just want to say degenerate, lol.

I read the same stuff here every. Single. Day.
      Why do I even waste my time reading the comments?

October 22, 2012 at 4:29 pm |
  16. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things

October 21, 2012 at 10:32 pm |
    • joe

lol, no it doesn't.

October 22, 2012 at 8:59 am |
    • .

"Ronald Regonzo" who degenerates to:
      "Salvatore" degenerates to:
      "Douglas" degenerates to:
      Taskmaster" degenerates to:
      "truth be told" degenerates to:
      "The Truth" degenerates to:
      "Thinker23" degenerates to:
      "Atheism is not healthy ..." degenerates to:
      "another repentant sinner" degenerates to:
      "Dodney Rangerfield" degenerates to:
      "tina" degenerates to:
      "captain america" degenerates to:
      "Atheist Hunter" degenerates to:
      "Anybody know how to read? " degenerates to:
      "just sayin" degenerates to:
      "ImLook'nUp" degenerates to:
      "Kindness" degenerates to:
      "Lorraine" degenerates to:
      "Chad" degenerates to
      "Bob" degenerates to
      "nope" degenerates to:
      "2357" degenerates to:
      "WOW" degenerates to:
      "fred" degenerates to:
      "!" degenerates to:
      "pervert alert"

This troll is not a christian..

October 22, 2012 at 10:45 am |
    • hal 9001

I'm sorry, "Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things", but your assertions regarding atheism and prayer are unfounded. Using my Idiomatic Expression Equivalency module, the expression that best matches the degree to which your assertions may represent truths is: "TOTAL FAIL".

I see that you repeat these unfounded statements with high frequency. Perhaps the following book can help you:

I'm Told I Have Dementia: What You Can Do... Who You Can Turn to...
      by the Alzheimer's Disease Society

October 22, 2012 at 10:46 am |
    • Jesus

October 22, 2012 at 10:57 am |
    • Tired of ignorance of atheists

Man made studies, man made statistics, man made outcomes. What's wrong with this attempt by man to disprove Jesus' spiritual truth?

October 22, 2012 at 1:08 pm |
    • Martina

... I'm sorry, I can never make it through the first 15 soecnds of his videos.I'm with you dude..after about 10 soecnds you get the jist. If you didn't, after the next 10 soecnds you will. If you still haven't got it..then you're a moonbat. He does crack me up though. He does creep me out kinda with the kids as background laughter..wouldn't want him around my children.

November 10, 2012 at 1:20 am |
  17. Jesus Christ

Wow. So much hatred and animosity toward a man that wants people to think good thoughts. Amazing how religious people are at the forefront of this hatred.

October 21, 2012 at 10:28 pm |
    • Rufus T. Firefly

He wants people to think good thoughts about buying his books, DVD's, aromatherapy products, etc.

October 21, 2012 at 11:06 pm |

dee-PAK want's money, so do your goon father, s'c umfly, denier of truth absolute.

October 21, 2012 at 11:35 pm |
    • Tired of ignorance of atheists

Good thoughts? Good thoughts? Doesn't he teach that perversion should be embraced and accepted?

October 22, 2012 at 1:10 pm |