home
RSS
Viral video shows Romney in testy exchange over his faith
Romney has said he didn't know that a testy 2007 exchange was being videotaped.
November 5th, 2012

Viral video shows Romney in testy exchange over his faith

By Dan Gilgoff, CNN.com Religion Editor

(CNN) – In campaign time, it’s ancient history: a 2007 video showing a testy off-air exchange between Mitt Romney and a radio host over the candidate’s faith and his stance on abortion.

But the back-and-forth has resurfaced in the days before Election Day. Video of the exchange posted on YouTube on October 31 had garnered nearly 1.8 million page views as of noon ET Monday.

“You don’t understand my church like I do,” Romney tells conservative Iowa radio host Jan Mickelson near the beginning of the roughly five-minute video, recorded in August 2007. “I understand my faith better then you do. You don’t believe me, do you?

“I don’t like coming on the air and having you going after my church and me,” says Romney, who at the time was conducting his first campaign for the Republican presidential nomination. “I’m not running as a Mormon, and I get a little tired of coming on a show like yours and it being all about Mormon.”

Imagining a Mormon White House

The Washington Post reported that Romney has said he didn’t know he was being recorded, saying the conversation had been captured by “hidden camera” after a radio interview.

The video was posted by YouTube user thedbartnick, whose comments on the video include: “There is only one way to defeat this nut, Vote for Barack Obama on Election Day.”

The video has been promoted online largely by Romney’s opponents.

How Romney’s faith life shaped him

During the exchange, the radio host suggests Romney’s former support for abortion rights was out of step with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, prompting the former governor to explain that his church opposes abortion but tolerates members who support abortion rights.

At another point, Mickelson presses Romney on Mormon belief about Jesus’ Second Coming. Romney explains that Latter-day Saints expect Jesus to appear in Jerusalem but then, over the course of millennia, to reign both from Jerusalem and Missouri.

A spokeswoman for the Romney campaign, Andrea Saul, did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Monday.

Follow the CNN Belief Blog on Twitter

As a candidate, Romney has sought to avoid talking about his Mormonism. He gave a speech about his faith in 2007 but has talked about his religion in the broadest possible way this time around, speaking in terms that all Christians would find familiar.

- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: Uncategorized

1. Concerned Citizen

I think the best part about the video is that Romney gets so defensive so quickly and then falls on the same trope that so many believers fall into on this blog, namely the, "I know my faith better than you do" so even though people can quote mormon passages, mormons and generally damning evidence, and all they can do is say, "well you aren't a mormon and I am and you're wrong" while purposefully ignoring the distasteful parts of the doctrine they follow so ardently.

I really wish Romney had been brought to ask on this way more in the election than he was. I can respect both men for leaving each others religion out of it and focusing on real issues, but still, it would have been great for Romney to try and explain his religion to other regular americans and see how many of them would vote for him afterwards.

November 6, 2012 at 12:54 am |
    • fred

I couldn't agree more

November 6, 2012 at 7:18 am |
    • Ronald Regonzo

America will get to know more about Mormons than it wants after President Romney is sworn in. Romney / Ryan 2012

November 6, 2012 at 7:23 am |
  2. 0G-No gods, ghosts, goblins or ghouls

This video is a good glimpse of the crazy sh!t believers believe and expect all logical people to respect. I give them the same respect I give the mentally ill.

Please vote for the least delusional candidate (with a chance of winning) – Obama!

November 6, 2012 at 12:47 am |
  3. God's Oldest Dreamer

CS

Could you show me this " nonsense" I am embracing?

Let Us Love
    Lettuce Love,
    G.O.D.

November 6, 2012 at 12:15 am |
  4. Reality

The real "Obamacare" i.e. getting re-elected on the backs of 39 million aborted womb babies by using the votes of the 78 million voters involved in said abortions,

There are roughly 55 million registered Republicans. There are roughly 72 million Democrats. And there are roughly 42 million registered independents

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_registered_republican_voters_are_there_in_America#ixzz1n7ShWVn4

From the Guttmacher Inst-itute- August 2011

"In 2008, 1.21 million abortions were performed, down from 1.31 million in 2000. However, between 2005 and 2008, the long-term decline in abortions stalled. From 1973 through 2008, nearly 50 million legal abortions occurred.[2]"

i.e. making the number of Immoral Majority members more like 100 million in 2012.

More from Guttmacher:

"• Fifty-four percent of women who have abortions had used a contraceptive method (usually the condom or the pill) during the month they became pregnant. Among those women, 76% of pill users and 49% of condom users report having used their method inconsistently, while 13% of pill users and 14% of condom users report correct use.["

And if half of these aborting "mothers and fathers" have had two abortions, the Immoral Majority would still be a huge voting bloc i.e. ~75 million, enough votes to give any presidential candidate the differential votes needed considering many voters vote straight Democratic or Republican tickets no matter what the issues are.

November 5, 2012 at 11:46 pm |
  5. Bev

Jesus ruling the planet from Missouri? And people take this religion seriously?

November 5, 2012 at 11:32 pm |
    • Mo

I'd be more impressed if Jesus was going to rule from Tahiti or Kauai or someplace, you know, nice.

November 5, 2012 at 11:35 pm |
    • Jesus freaker

He'll be performing 6 shows a week in Branson.

November 5, 2012 at 11:41 pm |
    • God's Oldest Dreamer

Dumb Atheists and even dumber are Fruit Loop Christians NOT knowing that Christ Hmself is reported to have said in John 18:36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world "

November 5, 2012 at 11:47 pm |
    • Reality

Romney is Mormon because he was born Mormon. Should we hold this against him? Actually in the 21st we should since he continues with this severe affliction of the Three B Syndrome i.e. Bred, Born and Brainwashed in Mormonism with no obvious change in his mental state which he could easily change with some rational thinking.

Obama also suffers from the same affliction as he believes in "pretty/ugly wingie thingies, bodily resurrections, atonement mumbo jumbo et al. And there has been no change in his version of the Three B Syndrome.

One should be voting for leaders who can think rationally. Believing in angels, satans, bodily resurrections, atonement, and heavens of all kinds is irrational.

Bottom line: BO and MR have been severely brainwashed in their theologically and historically flawed Christianity and they are too weak to escape its felonious grip. And we will be stuck with one of them for another four years of "god bless America" .

November 5, 2012 at 11:48 pm |
    • Bev

Mo
      God and Jesus both supposedly made themselves known to goat herders living in a backwater desert whose greatest feature is having the lowest point on earth, so "nice place" isn't exactly a priority with either of them.

November 5, 2012 at 11:51 pm |
    • Reality

Actually, all of John's Gospel including John 18 is of questionable historic value.

To wit:

From Professor Bruce Chilton in his book, Rabbi Jesus,

"Conventionally, scholarship has accorded priority to the first three gospels in historical work on Jesus, putting progressively less credence in works of late date. John's Gospel for example is routinely dismissed as a source......

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_John#Authorship

"Since "the higher criticism" of the 19th century, some historians have largely rejected the gospel of John as a reliable source of information about the historical Jesus.[3][4] "[M]ost commentators regard the work as anonymous,"[5] and date it to 90-100."

"The authorship has been disputed since at least the second century, with mainstream Christianity believing that the author is John the Apostle, son of Zebedee. Modern experts usually consider the author to be an unknown non-eyewitness, though many apologetic Christian scholars still hold to the conservative Johannine view that ascribes authorship to John the Apostle."

And from Professor Gerd Ludemann, in his book, Jesus After 2000 Years, p. 416,

"Anyone looking for the historical Jesus will not find him in the Gospel of John. "

See also http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/john.html

November 5, 2012 at 11:53 pm |
    • Mo

I didn't know that Jesus showed up in Death Valley.

November 5, 2012 at 11:59 pm |
  6. tnfreethinker

What is Romney hiding with all his avoidance, lies and misrepresentations? What is the Mormon church hiding in their Temples?

November 5, 2012 at 11:25 pm |
    • Meatwad

That is where they keep all the bunnies. I can't get one cuz I ain't got no damn money.

November 5, 2012 at 11:33 pm |
    • The Answer

You want to know what they are really hiding in their temples? Excruciating boredom.

And a lot of tax-free money.

November 5, 2012 at 11:38 pm |
  7. Brampt

“Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them.4And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” Rev 21:3,4

November 5, 2012 at 10:04 pm |
    • 10 Minutes Before the Worm

Look! Jesus has pitched a tent. The fullness of our Lord cannot be contained by his tunic. Rejoice!

November 5, 2012 at 10:09 pm |
    • Sweet

... and the good little prince and princess lived happily ever after. The End.

November 5, 2012 at 10:13 pm |
    • Meatwad

I like Jesus. He has a soft beard and loves all the little animals in the world.

November 5, 2012 at 10:24 pm |
    • God's Oldest Dreamer

2Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, RIGHTLY DIVIDING the word of truth. Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is INSIDE you.

November 5, 2012 at 11:20 pm |
    • CS

@God's oldest dum dum

Again you prove that your science accumen is negated by your religious nonsense.

November 5, 2012 at 11:22 pm |
    • God's Oldest Dreamer

I almost forgot,,,

Jhn 18:36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world."

November 5, 2012 at 11:23 pm |
    • Andy

10 Minutes Before the Worm
      Any good boy scout can pitch a tent. Big deal!

November 5, 2012 at 11:34 pm |
    • God's Oldest Dreamer

CS,,

Your magnanimity is negatively noted.

November 5, 2012 at 11:35 pm |
    • Brampt

Gods dreamer- “The kingdom of the world did become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will rule as king forever and ever.” Rev 11:15 ( its a real kingdom)

November 5, 2012 at 11:40 pm |
    • CS

@God's Oldest Dreamer

Dude or dude-ette, don't see me that way. I have enjoyed your posts the last few days, but W.T.F? Why do you embrace nonsense when you clearly have the capacity for intelligence? Are you goofing on us?

November 5, 2012 at 11:46 pm |
    • WASP

@SWEET: i prefer the bible's ending "then they all burned." lmfao

November 6, 2012 at 7:46 am |
    • nope

@wus...
      nope

November 6, 2012 at 7:54 am |
  8. John the Historian

Willard will lose. The mormon cult is a combination of freemasonry, christianity and their americana folklore of rapist, conman, and polygamist Joseph Smith. Always remember Mark Twain called the book of mormon chloroform in print. How many wives will Willard get on the planet of kolob 70 like Brigham Young or 87 like Joseph Smith. Joseph Smith standing at the right hand of God. Yeah right. I wonder when he died in that shot out if he ever repented raping that 14 year old girl.

November 5, 2012 at 9:02 pm |
    • DUMP hINDU FABRICATION MITHRA ISM, SAVIOR ISM, CHRISTIANITY, VOTE FOR TRUTH ABSOLUTE GOD

One hindu Magi, criminal trickster after another, hindu's ignorant s follow them as their hindu sanatans, filthy goon man gods.

November 5, 2012 at 9:20 pm |
  9. Rodents for Romney

The rodents are celebrating tonight.
    Only 12 hours, and we can begin to bite the ankles of the Obama voters, and finally begin the apocalypse.
    We will thus gain the everlasting grati'tude of our Lesser Squirrel God, Bippy.
    Amen

November 5, 2012 at 8:56 pm |
    • CS

Stupid squirrels.

November 5, 2012 at 9:17 pm |
    • Meatwad

It tickles when my bee buddy squirrel friend jumps on my head.

November 5, 2012 at 9:19 pm |
    • Bippy, the Dark Squirrel-Lord of the Looming Apocalypse of Humans, Featuring the Amazing Mimes of Doom, All Done to the Song Stylings of Sniffy Bob's All-Squirrel-Girl Bagpipe Orchestra!!

IT'S THE COUNTDOWN TO SQUIRREL-GEDDON, SNIVELLING HUMANS!!! I . . . I . . .

I just got the memo on this. What flipping idiot forgets to tell the freaking Dark Squirrel-Lord himself about things like this?!?!?! I'm going to have to fire all of them after the corpse of rotting humans are done twitching.

Honestly, I thought we had decided on doing the apocalypse when "Snooki" Polizzi leads her coup and overthrows America and renames it the United Shores of Jersey next year. Did that get decided the night I went partying with Londsay Lohan and Charlie Sheen, and we stole that mercury surfboard Corvette and led police on a three-state high-speed chase which ended in Uma Thurman rushing in and killing all the cops, saying "YOU WILL NEVER MAKE ME DANCE WITH TRAVOLTA AGAIN!!!"

So, yeah, I'll get right on that armageddon thing, uh, yeah, all over it.

Be afraid, humans. Be afraid . . . and patient. It may take a while, bit of a spur-of-the-moment apocalypse, a few bugs to work out, just be patient. Because if you can wait 2000 years for Jesus Poser Christ to not end the world, you can give us a bit of time too.

November 5, 2012 at 11:14 pm |
    • CS

Stupid squirrels. I hope you have the GUTS to gather in my driveway tomorrow morning, cracking your nuts, singing your songs and flaunting your fabulous squirrel tales. I mean your annoying squirrel tails. I will crush you with my SUV tires which are new and smell of HUMANS. Die rodents, and while you are dying think of this. I will be enjoying your nuts from now on!

November 5, 2012 at 11:20 pm |
    • Bippy, the Dark Squirrel-Lord of the Macarena Mimes of the Apocalypse (Sniffy Bob's All-Squirrel-Girl Bagpipe Orchestra regret that they have a prior engagement, but looks forward to all your apocalypse needs in the future)

You know what happens when you kill a squirrel, oh malodorant tower of sapien feculence?!?!?!

You get a zombie squirrel!

You know why you will live in fear and dread and angst and loathing and apprehensions and abhorrence and agitation and anxiety and chickenheartedness and consternation and despair and discomposure and dismay and disquietude and distress and foreboding and fright and horror and misgiving and panic and phobia and qualm and recreancy and revulsion and terror and timidity and trembling and trepidation and unease and worry and . . .

Where was I? Oh yeah, I remember. Live in fear, for those ZOMBIE SQUIRRELS SHALL FEAST UPON YOUR NUTS!!!

November 5, 2012 at 11:33 pm |
    • CS

Ok, look RodentI, the issue with the squirrels runs deeper than just the foul stench. They are like soccer moms driving around talking on their cell phones paying no attention to anything and never using their turn signals. Every morning I back out of my driveway and squish two or three of them because they are too busy listening to K-pop on the their mini I-pods and dancing and they can't hear my SUV backing up. Stupid Squirrels. Gangnam style woop woop. Die squirrels, and your nuts are mine.

November 5, 2012 at 11:37 pm |
    • Bad Zut!

This conversation sounds like a Monty Python sketch! Thanks!

November 5, 2012 at 11:49 pm |
    • Bippy, the Now-Thoroughly-Pi$$ed-Off Squirrel-Satan Who Is Gonna Start The Apocalypse at CS's Rotting Trailer Home in Rural Texas!!!

Oooooooooooooooooooooh, I am so, ooooooooooooooooooooooo, I'm ooooooooooooooooo, really, oooooooooooooooh . . .

Gonna go medeival on your HOMO sapien ass!!! First we are gonna start with the mimes!!! Then it's a nice little root canal from our resident dentist, who just wants to know IS IT SAFE?!?!?!?!

Then a nice break for crumpets and a foot massage.

THEN RIGHT BACK TO YOUR ETERNAL AGONY!!! Mangy Bob will poop in your shoes! You will receive and acorn bonkiong on your head to end all acorn bonkings in the head, done by The Radio City Music Hall Squirrel Rockettes, complete with high kicks galore!!

Then you will watch "Battlefield Earth" 12,000 times in a row as the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings DEVO's "Whip it!"

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!!!

November 5, 2012 at 11:50 pm |
    • The Further Adventures of Mr. Grammar!!!

Gramattically speaking, CS, you just said that you run over two or three soccer mom's in SUVs every morning.

Which I'm fine with, by the way.

November 5, 2012 at 11:58 pm |
    • CS

I am looking with affection at my stuffed squirrel. It looks so happy. Its cheeks all puffed out with nuts. But it is dead. Yes that is right Bip. It is dead. And by tomorrow morning, I will have a menagerie of lovely specimens of DEAD squirrels. You are welcome.

November 6, 2012 at 12:13 am |
    • Bippy, the Well-Tanned Squirrel-God of Getting In the Last Word

And thus is says verily, most verily, in Squirrel Revelations 4:23-45,045,642,198.3:

"Yea, and blabbery humanscum named CS shalt evermore and forever and eternally and for a long time suffer the suffering of having his mail misdelivered to his neighbor. He shalt perpetually have to sit between Chad and HeavenSent and listen to their pithy insights. He shalt eat spam sushi for dinner every day, twice on Sunday. He shalt have uncontrollable explosive diarrhea, and he shalt be official derriere-wiper of Former Candidate Romney for all the years to come. He shalt know that his defiance of THE LORD, me, Bippy,shall earn him the worsiest place in all the invisible magic world that supposedly exists, really."

That's holy scripture, bud, so you know it is true!

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time. Third time. Fifth time?

November 6, 2012 at 12:24 am |
    • CS

@Bippy, the Well-Tanned Squirrel-God of Getting In the Last Word

Bip, you have slayed me this time ;)

But I will live to fight another day!!!

November 6, 2012 at 12:31 am |
    • Bippy, the Well-Tanned Squirrel-God of Getting In the Last Word

God damn it (and by that I mean "Me damn it"), you freaking sapien spam-eaters are totally unclear on the whole "the last word belongs to the Sciuridae" thing made ever so clear by every holy scripture in the freaking universe, including the Holiest of Holys, "The Betty Crocker Cookbook of Acorn Delicacies."

November 6, 2012 at 1:50 am |
  10. Brampt

They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and perform signs, and they go forth to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty.Rev 16:14

an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice and said to all the birds that fly in midheaven: “Come here, be gathered together to the great evening meal of God,that ​YOU​ may eat the fleshy parts of kings and the fleshy parts of military commanders and the fleshy parts of strong men... Rev 19:17,18

November 5, 2012 at 8:23 pm |
    • Meatwad

My Bee Buddy found me a bunch of friends like a kitty, a squirrel, an apple and some birds. But now I don't know if I want to be friends with no birds ya'll.

November 5, 2012 at 9:13 pm |
    • Reasonably

Dec 21st...the mayans did the calendar first.

November 5, 2012 at 9:16 pm |
    • Get Real

Brampt,

This is dime-novel, grade B movie, sci-fi, horror, fantasy schlock. Get real.

November 5, 2012 at 10:18 pm |
    • Louis

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" Hamlet, Act II, Sc. II.

November 5, 2012 at 11:41 pm |
  11. Brampt

Jesus answered: “My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.” John 18:36

November 5, 2012 at 7:43 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

And then Jesus said 'I shall not let the world know the truth, that I am actually the illegitimate child of the guy who cleans the donkey poop'.

November 5, 2012 at 7:46 pm |
    • Meatwad

Everybody poops ya'll.

November 5, 2012 at 9:20 pm |
    • Wraith

...I do not like green eggs and ham... Yay, I can quote fiction, too!

November 5, 2012 at 9:24 pm |
    • Louis

"What a piece of work is man! how noble in reason! how infinite in faculty! in form and moving how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals! " Hamlet, Act II, Scene II.

November 5, 2012 at 11:39 pm |
  12. Rummy Pirate Times-Dispatch

"In Greed We Trust"

In 1994, Bain invested $27 million as part of a deal with other firms to acquire Dade International, a medical-diagnostics-equipment firm, from its parent company, Baxter International. Bain ultimately made nearly 10 times its money, getting back $230 million. But Dade wound up laying off more than 1,600 people and filed for bankruptcy protection in 2002, amid crushing debt and rising interest rates. The company, with Bain in charge, had borrowed heavily to do acquisitions, accumulating $1.6 billion in debt by 2000. The company cut benefits for some workers at the acquired firms and laid off others. When it merged with Behring Diagnostics, a German company, Dade shut down three U.S. plants. At the same time, Dade paid out $421 million to Bain Capital’s investors and investing partners.

For 15 years, Romney had been in the business of creative destruction and wealth creation. But what about his claims of job creation? The layoffs and closures at other firms would lead Romney’s political opponents to say that he had amassed a fortune in part by putting people out of work. The lucrative deals that made Romney wealthy could exact a cost. Maximizing financial return to investors could mean slashing jobs, closing plants, moving production overseas and loading up already struggling companies with debt.

Marc Wolpow, a former Bain partner who worked with Romney on many deals, said the discussion at buyout companies typically does not focus on whether jobs will be created. “It’s the opposite—what jobs we can cut,” Wolpow said. “Because you had to document how you were going to create value. Eliminating redundancy, or the elimination of people, is a very valid way."

Example: Bain closed GST Steel plant in 2001 laying off 750 workers.

Example: Controlling share owner Bain Capital closes BRP plant (Southern Illinois) so the 340 jobs there could be outsourced to Mexico.

BAIN'S INVESTOR "SUCCESSES" WERE PRIMARILY CONTINGENT ON MASS LAY-OFFS OF WORKERS

November 5, 2012 at 7:23 pm |
  13. 10 Minutes Before the Worm

Democrats beware.

This country elected B-movie actor Ronald Reagan for two terms who then ran up the largest budget deficit in history and sold arms to Iran. Don't even get me started on his policy regarding HIV/AIDS.

This country elected a mentally challenged George Bush not once, but twice who increased debt spending over 5 Trillion and oversaw the collapse of the banks. Don't even get me started on Iraq and Katrina.

If this country will vote for these two dip-sh.its, they will vote for ANYBODY.

Folks, it is time to push the GOP, Big Business, Big religion and special interests OUT and take back what is ours. Keep Obama in the white house, fill the seats with Dems. VOTE and don't be afraid to debate with friends and family. The time to be PC is over, it is time to speak out!

November 5, 2012 at 7:03 pm |
    • Ronald Reagan

One of the greatest Presidents of all time.

Jimmy Carter and Barack Hussein Obama 1 term losers!!

November 5, 2012 at 11:59 pm |
    • You do know that . . .

Ronald Reagan was one of the worst deficit spenders, one of the worst expanders of the national debt ever.

November 6, 2012 at 2:05 am |
  14. 10 Minutes Before the Worm

If Mormons know so much about how spirits traverse the interplanetary universe then the space program should get a real boost with Romney in office!

November 5, 2012 at 7:02 pm |
  15. flee

o flee
    I am one of Santa’s elves, was not born into the North Pole but chose it after study and attending other delusional services. Been 42 yrs and I'd do it all over again. ALL delusions have bad members, ALL. I salute you Santa for standing your ground. We are no more cult than Leprechauns, but I heard that some of the main stream Easter Bunnies call them cults also. I believe that it's the woman's choice to whether or not to have an abortion. Lay off my delusion. I'm beginning to re-think that the unicorns are the nastiest posters, because you extreme left are just as bad if not worse than the unicorns. This moderate IND voted already for Jack and his bean stalk, only because Smaug the dragon was running on the other ticket.

November 5, 2012 at 6:47 pm |
  16. Claire

Until you've made your own journey to Planet Kolob where Our Masters live, you are aren't qualified to comment on our Mormon faith. I myself would believe Mitt Romney when he says that he has been to Kolob for the great squishing and that it will profoundly impact the decisions that he will make in office.

November 5, 2012 at 6:47 pm |
  17. GOPer

Sorry........but the last minute bigoted media will not change the vote. Obama is going to lose tomorrow.............and it will not even be close. I have seen several last minute be afraid of the "Mormon". It makes me feel even better knowing that the dems must be very, very desperate to release this garbage on election day. GO ROMNEY!!!!!!

November 5, 2012 at 6:43 pm |
    • Claire

No one would fear Mormons if they themselves had taken the Great Journey to Planet Kolob like we have for the purging to Purity and firmware re-seeding.

November 5, 2012 at 6:51 pm |
  18. Mohammad A Dar

Prophet Muhammad was merely a fortune teller, I am not saying, my Hindu blah blah blah friend is saying.

November 5, 2012 at 6:37 pm |

hnduism, absurdity of a hindu, ID thief.

November 5, 2012 at 9:25 pm |
    • Wraith

I think Dump is a Paki. A dirty, dirty Paki.

November 6, 2012 at 12:03 am |
  19. R.U. Kidding

Wow. Romney is one scary delusion religious crazy person.

November 5, 2012 at 6:36 pm |
    • I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV

The scariest thing about Mittens is not Mormonism.

It's that he is a lying flip/flopping politician who will do or say anything to get elected and if elected support only the interests of the 1%. That's really the issue here.

November 5, 2012 at 6:45 pm |
  20. 10 Minutes Before the Worm

I don't want to think about it, but IF Romney did win (Bush did so...) can you imagine the the level of international embarrassment this man is going to bring to the United States? He could give Bush lessons on making as ass of yourself.

November 5, 2012 at 6:22 pm |