home
RSS
December 7th, 2012

Church Threatened Over Muslim Convention

(CNN affiliate KTLA) - An Episcopal church in Pasadena has been getting hate mail over its decision to host the annual convention of a Muslim American civil rights group. All Saints Church in Pasadena will host the Muslim Public Affairs Council's 12th annual convention on Dec. 15, which is expected to draw about 1,000 people.

- A. Hawkins

Filed under: Episcopal • Interfaith issues • Muslim

1. Mahdi Domitrovich

Muslims (who are in tune with what Islam teaches) are for their part, tolerant and peaceful. I wish there was more of this from both sides. There is no need for me to apologize for those on the fringes of Islam any more than someone from any faith is responsible for the radicals from their ranks. For what it’s worth I’ll take the opportunity of this 25th of December to congratulate all believers who celebrate the birth of Jesus:
    "...she brought the baby to her people, carrying him in her arms. They said: "O Mary! Truly an amazing thing you have brought! O sister of Aaron! Your father was not a man of evil, nor your mother an unchaste women!" But she pointed to the baby. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?" He said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet. And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live. He hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable. So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)." Such was Jesus the son of Mary, a statement of truth, about which they dispute." Holy Quran, Chapter 19 (Mary)

December 25, 2012 at 1:34 pm |
  2. ..

muslums go ka-boom

over and out

December 18, 2012 at 2:07 pm |
  3. jason

I wonder who is sending these threats, ov er half of them are probably the same hate group who doesnt want a place where people can pary freely set up, like the Pamela gellar cult(jewish), or maybe the ones who funded the vile movie about peoples prophet(jewish) or maybe some radical evangelical who believes Jews must exist in order for Jesus to come and they have to murder all muslims, most of these people are also against having a christmas tree or anything about christmas up, thats probably why Muslims and Christians need to fight them

December 10, 2012 at 5:13 pm |
    • Banthe

You are confusing many things. Sounds like your homely leftist professor ran ramshod over your helpless,naive and impressionable brain. You need to really listen and learn wh and what people are upset about. This post sounds like a muslim apologist and a jew hating leftist.

January 3, 2013 at 3:15 am |
  4. LAST DAY/MILLENNIUM

Jesus and Muhammad were both descendants of Abraham;
    and they were both sent –as true Messengers to this world– by the same GOD!

UNIVERSAL MAGNIFICENT MIRACLES

December 9, 2012 at 8:26 pm |
    • saggyroy

I thought Jesus WAS god? OK, now I'm confused...

December 12, 2012 at 5:59 am |
  5. ..

Following the war on christmas

Become a dhimmi