home
RSS
December 8th, 2012

What the Pope will tweet?

(CNN)–Vatican official Greg Burke explains to CNN's Joe Johns what Pope Benedict XVI will tweet for the first time December 12.

Read more about the Pope's new Twitter account.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Belief • Catholic Church • Christianity • Pope Benedict XVI • Vatican

1. Sam Yaza

Pope Benedict XVI says

we are denouncing Charlemagne. and calling him what he is a bigot a murderous tyrant.

were sorry for the burning years we were stupid and young, we mad a few mistakes.

sorry about supporting slavery and the Nazis

also sorry for inventing beer to dived and subjugate the indigenous people of Europe

were sorry for the last 1700 years of persecution toward all minor religions

sorry for erasing Aztec Celtic, and African culture from the world; yes the African slave trade was done by the Anglicans and puritans but never the less we sorry

were also sorry for the puritans and manifest destiny.

also were sorry for being greedy warmongering fanatics, and the holy wars.

i can dream right

December 9, 2012 at 3:02 pm |
    • Sam Yaza

also sorry for causing the dark ages and the black plague to force people to cling to the church for our own personal gain

December 9, 2012 at 3:09 pm |
  2. Blessed are the Cheesemakers

"It's not to be taken literally"

December 9, 2012 at 1:16 pm |
  3. 0G-No gods, ghosts, goblins or ghouls

My god, it's full of stars!

December 9, 2012 at 12:14 pm |
  4. Religion is the cause of and non-solution to all problems

Probably photos of his junk, like Brett Favre.

December 9, 2012 at 12:07 pm |
  5. Bootyfunk

Pope: looking for smooth, young boy to help out with chores around the Vatican

December 9, 2012 at 8:15 am |
  6. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

@God to @Poopa : the Vatican is no longer relevant.

December 9, 2012 at 12:31 am |
  7. End Religion

Pope: "out of the small condoms again"
    Pope: "oops, wrong account"

December 8, 2012 at 11:17 pm |
  8. lionlylamb

Be ever so kind to others’ words if one so can do this season of rent and Lent homages bargaining days. Love, Peace and make fondness farewells one and all wherever one is to be found here or even over there and make friendships rather than showing unfriendly ways and means under one’s belts. Peace is seldom the fondness yet is always wantonness and Love is the treasures for all to take leavened umbrages upon without flailing one’s wordage toward indecent measures.

My Loves for many so people are sanctifications unending bemusing. Unfettered by the bonds that bind up; my wordage remains. Stilled and ever translucent are my words opulence ever made to shine forth upon God’s Holy Spirit being the great seas of absolute nothingness! His Holiness Spirit reaches beyond the above celestial unknown abyss and fathoms ever inside the atomically told of immeasurable means! Nothingness is Godliness and of Godly does Nothingness so hold all mannerisms’ materially made essences.

Paganism is of mankind's laments; due the penance forsaking does have needs. The quagmires of repentances dare challenges duly ones soul to seek yet never to find the fondness of being a servile offering nary to be made in haste. Tis it not now a seasoned condition for offering up gifted presence to the fielded folds of ones flock? We are bought and sold like mice in a maze. With reproofed vibrations being distanced valuations, the lingering wavelike breaths are salient reminders of re-verbalized aspirations. The cakes need to be eaten but not without the additions of icing aplenty. Eat well this common season's rebuttals and cherish deeply ones friendly rankings no matter what wrung one is perched upon.

Lap-lustered deisms denials do forlorn the flagellum of the peasant ridiculer in "bemoaning laments" reprisals within the base commoners lewd tribulations of tried and still trying lack-lustered piteous nuances. We are all as peas in the pods of life's abundances in the cosmologic cellular matrix of life-living measures meant to reasonably prove or deny the bustles and hustles toward twain fidelities of margined society’s needlessly but nevertheless becoming pottage mal-aligned accruals lying wasted within. God forbade as we do deny and still yet we are. Where then does justifiable will become an averaged domicile of cursed acquittals for the ills of generalist meanderings sake?

December 8, 2012 at 10:21 pm |

The decoder broke.

December 8, 2012 at 10:26 pm |
    • Akira

Sh!t.

December 8, 2012 at 10:37 pm |
    • Apple Bush

The lionlylamb decoder is back online!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

God is both within and without.

The caste system in immoral.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

December 8, 2012 at 10:45 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Your buddy is posting on the gay marriage thread. Funny that he can write somewhat intelligibly when he really needs or wants to make a point.

December 8, 2012 at 10:52 pm |
    • Apple Bush

TT, he is a strange bird. My decoder has discovered that he is mostly posting bible passages.

December 8, 2012 at 10:54 pm |
  9. Crimson Player

Hitler was the coolest dude ever.

December 8, 2012 at 7:50 pm |
    • there is no other truth but truth absolute, and truth absolute is LORD AND GOD OF THE WORLD.

Just like his hindu filthy blood brothers Jew's, secular believers of hindu filthy hinduism, racism as their faith.

December 8, 2012 at 8:12 pm |
  10. Carlos the Baby

The Vatican has enough gold to cure world hunger. How can religious people be so stupid?

December 8, 2012 at 7:45 pm |
    • lionlylamb

Tell that to the RCC sheep who awash themselves in the fooleries created thru deviant RCC a t t r I t I o n s slow to be abolished by the common folk of pilfered t I t h I n g ways. Money does not buy heaven's rewards! Only in faith's transmission of goodness done deeds can anyone be granted entry to their own heaven of many so many heavens found in the treasuries of life itself!

Love and Kindness to all this season of festive joyousness!

December 8, 2012 at 9:37 pm |

lionlylamb decoder:

Tell that to the Catholics who give their money to the church to buy forgiveness. Virtue is it’s own reward.

December 8, 2012 at 9:54 pm |
    • Carlos the Jackel

Tweet me, tweetheart.

December 8, 2012 at 10:01 pm |
    • lionlylamb

Apples aplenty,

The amalgam of RCC followers are smitten with lavishness and bitten with their unknowable's spiritualisms for they are somewhat lacking in the keys to God's heavenly kingdom's domains. They believe in God and Christ Jesus but are lacking in their own abilities to waylay their reasoning soundness for to verify God's kingdom domains! Like dead walkers are all the church goers! And still; all will gain their own heaven of immeasurably leavened heavens held deeply seeded upon all living life! It remains though just what type of heaven one will so receive! That's why we will sit upon the judgment seat before one receives their portioned heaven!

December 8, 2012 at 10:10 pm |

lionlylamb decoder:

Catholics should take a simpler path to enlightenment.

December 8, 2012 at 10:25 pm |
    • Akira

Apple: I'll continue to read your Cliff Notes.

December 8, 2012 at 10:30 pm |
    • Apple Bush

Hey Akira, I am still calibrating the decoder, but it seems to work pretty well.

December 8, 2012 at 10:33 pm |
  11. Ze Pewp

I have named a new rodent cardinal. His name is Bippy, the judging squirrel cardinal.
    He will come to Rome and rearrange the nut house.

December 8, 2012 at 7:16 pm |

Stupid squirrels.

December 8, 2012 at 7:20 pm |
    • Ze Pewp

As Jeebus said, "The poor and the squirrels you will always have with you".

December 8, 2012 at 7:41 pm |
    • Apple Bush

I squished five of those nappy-furred malodorous vermin backing out of my driveway this morning in my SUV. Those stupid squirrels were too busy texting their friends and watching K-Pop videos on YouTube. Stupid squirrels.

December 8, 2012 at 7:46 pm |
    • Ze Pewp

The new Papal encyclical, Ad Omnium Rodienia condemns those who are mean to rodents.
      Apple, you will fry in carnal hell unless you send HS a box of chocolate covered apples for Our Lord and Savior's birthday. If you do not, you will never be allowed into the Vatican or my tree house. I have some nice Raphael etchings to show you in my tree house. Come on up.

December 8, 2012 at 8:04 pm |
    • Apple Bush

Let me think do I want to come up to your tree house no.

You think I don’t know you have the entire “vatican gnagare swiss vakt” waiting to rain acorns down upon my head and that of my trusty dog ”Dug” ?

I would like you to take a message back to Bip for me smart guy.

You tell him I don’t know who he is, but I have a particular set of skills....

December 8, 2012 at 8:16 pm |

@Apple Bush

I don’t want your atheist poisoned chocolate covered lies. Christians have to come on these articles to tell the truth of Jesus’ truth. Squirrels are the new white meat. Keep following what the atheists say and find this country belly up.

Amen.

December 8, 2012 at 8:20 pm |
    • Apple Bush

Dang it. You and Bip win Ze Pewp. Stupid HeavenSent.

December 8, 2012 at 8:23 pm |
    • Ze Pewp

Tell you what Apply Apple the Unpeeled One. You help me, and keep Dug quiet while we walk off with just one Raphael, and we'll set you up for life in the Swiss Haus. There you can serve chocolates to HS to you heart's content, and the entire population of the trailer park, Pewp or no pewpy pwep.

Amen

December 8, 2012 at 9:53 pm |
    • Apple Bush

Ze Pewp, it will be a cold day in hell before I am seen in the same tree with your kind. I know what you are trying to do. HeavenSent fed the chocolates to Dug to spite me and now Dug is in a diabetic coma. I can't be seen in the trailer park any time soon and I know you and Bip are behind this insidious conspiracy. If I were you, I would stay off the fence and out of the driveway. When Dug wakes up, we are going "for a little ride.”

December 8, 2012 at 10:02 pm |
    • Ze Pewp

We have transferred Dug to a tertiary vet center where he is receiving IV insulin, and other assorted drugs from my little black magic bag. We had to baptize him and his new name is Tom The Dug Dug. Do not confuse him with any other furry critters. He looks forward to his little ride.

December 8, 2012 at 11:38 pm |
    • Apple Bush

Ha! The joke is on you and all your little furry friends. That is not Dug you have, that is Chub, Dub's brother and a total idiot. He will fit right in with your texting while driving, K-Pop listening, no turn signal using, acorn throwing bunch of flea-bitten bird food rats. Oh we will take a ride alright, and my BB gun is locked and loaded. Fetch Dug!

December 8, 2012 at 11:43 pm |
  12. Apple Bush

Why I hate churches by Apple Bush:

1. The music. Who in their right mind would enjoy those awful hymns? (There are exceptions for Gospel and Gregorian chants) The lyrics are almost as painful as the music.

2. The textures. The polyester pews, the velvet in the bottom of the collection plate and hanging from the pulpits. The carpet with its static electricity. White table cloths with coffee stains. When I walk in a church it is like finger nails on a chalk board.

3. The smells. It smells like old people, stale coffee and ass.

4. The décor. There is a reason so many horror movies are set in churches.

5. Children’s bible school. Child abuse and mental anguish. You can see it on the face of every suffering child you encounter.

6. PowerPoint. Churches still use PowerPoint and they keep getting bigger screens and monitors. This creeps me out.

December 8, 2012 at 7:06 pm |
    • mama k

LOL. Powerpoint. I think I've even had one of my religious lady friends ask me if I could help her get something out of her Powerpoint that someone else produced.

December 8, 2012 at 7:11 pm |
    • mama k

OK , I finished looking at the other five and I approve this message. Well, I might be a little more open on the music part. But no pretend choirs, ugg.

December 8, 2012 at 7:13 pm |
    • lionlylamb

A.B/ Seer,

I too am not very delighted upon manmade churches whose welfare is the church itself and there is little concernment placed upon the societal needy in regards to the plights of the poor and poorer and poorest.

December 8, 2012 at 7:35 pm |
    • Mohammad A Dar

AB, you got all wrong.

December 8, 2012 at 9:13 pm |
    • Apple Bush

fake M.A.D., how can I have my own opinions "wrong" ?

December 8, 2012 at 9:21 pm |
    • Mohammad A Dar

What about casinos, AB, girls, money, booze?

December 9, 2012 at 1:19 pm |
    • Saraswati

Powerpoint? OK, I haven't been in a church in a while, but I never saw powerpoint. In a service? I'm confused...

December 9, 2012 at 1:54 pm |
    • saggyroy

Old balding men with comb overs that fail to hide the skin conditions on their round heads wanting to shake hands "peace be with you"

December 9, 2012 at 7:29 pm |
  13. mama k

He'll probably tweet "get me a Coke" thinking he's paging his butler.

December 8, 2012 at 7:03 pm |
    • Apple Bush

That old skeleton doesn't even know what Twitter is. His handlers will pull a couple of softball tweets and ask him over his soft boiled eggs how he wants to respond to "what are you reading right now" and viola, a pope tweet.

December 8, 2012 at 7:10 pm |
    • Paper Stealing Butler of the Tweaty Bejeweled One in The Papal Pallazo Bella Flaminia

Dang. I hired that guy from Fox News to help me with the Twitter and what happens ? He's out frolicking with the seminarians on the Via Veneto and buying better dresses than mine. No one is to have a better dress than mine. I tole him he was to be a Roman, not "a roamin".

December 8, 2012 at 9:59 pm |
  14. Pope

That new altar boy is cute.

December 8, 2012 at 6:31 pm |
  15. Portland tony

Although what you say is partially correct, snippets of the Denisovians' DNA along with that of Neanderthals has been found in a very small segment of today's humans. Which only shows that that some branches of humanoids (hominins) were somewhat similar, and they could have viable offspring. Bringing this in a blog concerning the current leader of the Catholic church is a little strange since aside from a few myths he must endorse, this Pope encourages science and its principles of discovery. I would worry more about the creationists right here in the US.

December 8, 2012 at 6:13 pm |
    • Portland tony

@the Courts ....This post is in response to your 5:21 post :)

December 8, 2012 at 6:20 pm |
  16. Mohammad A Dar

my guess is #Test

December 8, 2012 at 5:56 pm |
  17. Apple Bush

Sadly, it is all for show. The Pope's handlers will filter out all the tweets they don't want him to read and present him with a few fluff questions to respond to. I guess it is a positive that tweets like, "Can you pray for my children that the will come back to the church?" is good though. He will get a lot of those I bet!

December 8, 2012 at 5:55 pm |

Ya if one is ready to have his children abused by son of hindu Lucifer, filthy denire of truth absolute God, hindu pope, filthy self centered.

December 8, 2012 at 6:00 pm |
  18. Reality

All the tweets in the world will not help B16, the twit, put the RCC back together again. Why is that?

Only for the new members of this blog:

Jesus was an illiterate Jewish peasant/carpenter/simple preacher man who suffered from hallucinations (or “mythicizing” from P, M, M, L and J) and who has been characterized anywhere from the Messiah from Nazareth to a mythical character from mythical Nazareth to a ma-mzer from Nazareth (Professor Bruce Chilton, in his book Rabbi Jesus). An-alyses of Jesus’ life by many contemporary NT scholars (e.g. Professors Ludemann, Crossan, Borg and Fredriksen, ) via the NT and related doc-uments have concluded that only about 30% of Jesus' sayings and ways noted in the NT were authentic. The rest being embellishments (e.g. miracles)/hallucinations made/had by the NT authors to impress various Christian, Jewish and Pagan sects.

The 30% of the NT that is "authentic Jesus" like everything in life was borrowed/plagiarized and/or improved from those who came before. In Jesus' case, it was the ways and sayings of the Babylonians, Greeks, Persians, Egyptians, Hitt-ites, Canaanites, OT, John the Baptizer and possibly the ways and sayings of traveling Greek Cynics.

earlychristianwritings.com/

For added "pizzazz", Catholic theologians divided god the singularity into three persons and invented atonement as an added guilt trip for the "pew people" to go along with this trinity of overseers. By doing so, they made god the padre into god the "filicider".

Current RCC problems:

Pedophiliac priests, an all-male, mostly white hierarchy, atonement theology and original sin!!!!

December 8, 2012 at 5:50 pm |

Usual hinduism, absurdity of a hindu ignorant by his hindu Judaism, filthy self center ism, secular ism, son of hindu Lucifer, filthy secular, denier of truth absolute GOD.

December 8, 2012 at 5:58 pm |
  19. there is no other truth but truth absolute, and truth absolute is LORD AND GOD OF THE WORLD.

WHAT ELSE BUT HINDUISM, DENIAL OF TRUTH ABSOLUTE GOD, FOUNDATION OF EXISTENCE, PROVING HIMSELF TO BE ,WHAT HE REALLY IS, SON OF HINDU LUCIFER, CRIMINAL SECULAR. HINDU, TERRORIST ENEMY OF TRUTH ABSOLUTE GOD AND HIS HUMANITY.

December 8, 2012 at 5:46 pm |
    • Mohammad A Dar

stop shouting DAR, start tweeting like your mofongo Dad Pop

December 8, 2012 at 6:00 pm |

stuff it in hindu pops hindu hind.

December 8, 2012 at 6:01 pm |
    • Mohammad A Dar

lol! admit it Dar, you worship him

December 8, 2012 at 6:06 pm |

No need to lay your hinduism, absurdity on me, If I have my way, I will stuff his hindu filthy mouth from his hind, with rod of truth.

December 8, 2012 at 6:20 pm |
    • Mohammad A Dar

whatever, watch pacquiao vs marquez, tonight

December 8, 2012 at 6:32 pm |
    • Mohammad A Dar

today Egypt arrested a guy with Maste's Degree in Shariah law!! I guess one less country you can travel to!

December 8, 2012 at 7:07 pm |
  20. The Courts

Aug. 30, 2012: The genome of a recently discovered branch of extinct humans known as the Denisovans that once interbred with us has been sequenced
    Anyone find fossils of Adam and Eve yet ?

December 8, 2012 at 5:21 pm |

They will be found, sooner yours have been discovered. hindu, ignorant.

December 8, 2012 at 5:47 pm |