home
RSS
December 24th, 2012

Author Lorna Byrne: I see angels

By Stephen Walsh, CNN

Are there really angels among us? Lorna Byrne claims she’s been able to see angels since she was a child. The Irish-born author of the international best-seller “Angels in My Hair” says guardian angels watch over believers and nonbelievers alike all the time.

So what exactly is an angel? The word angel is derived from the Greek angelos, which means "messenger." The Hebrew word malak has the same meaning. Christian theology teaches that angels are pure spirits created by God who carry out his will on Earth.

Byrne told CNN’s Dana Bash that she sees a multitude of angels that only appear around Christmastime. Watch the video to hear her describe what they look like and hear her advice to skeptics.

What do you think? Are angels real? Leave your comments below.

- CNN

Filed under: Christmas

1. made a post

Magnificent website. Lots of useful info here. I’m sending it to a few friends ans additionally sharing in delicious. And of course, thanks on your sweat!

May 26, 2013 at 2:30 pm |
  2. marie

Though naturally skeptical and analytical like most, I am open to this. Have to be bc I saw and heard 4 angels as a child and can still remember their lengthy message, have been physically stopped when going over a cliff and stepping in front of a bus. I have no explanation for other experiences either. I do not share this because if it seems 'crazy' to me, others will associate it with me vs. my intellect and talent. It's not so much as I want to believe but that I cannot not believe.

December 28, 2012 at 6:37 am |
    • Well...

If there is one thing I noticed is that other people love to jump up and down on you if they don't like the way you think in this world. It's a pitty too. We'd probably have a lot more cool stories about ghosts and such if the haters weren't so full of hate.

December 28, 2012 at 6:58 pm |
  3. 80's hair band

If Bret Michaels was hovering above my house with a trumpet, I wouldn't complain much.

December 26, 2012 at 11:13 pm |
  4. Just pondering

Wouldn't it be something if we were to discover that every last human being on planet earth is completely and utterly insane.

December 26, 2012 at 10:44 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

What objective observation would we use to determine that?

December 27, 2012 at 9:34 am |
    • Militant agnostic

We'd never know it, and it's probably true.

December 27, 2012 at 3:53 pm |
  5. 2357

If angels and demons don't exist, what is piloting the UFOs?

December 26, 2012 at 4:59 pm |
  6. TheRationale

Angels aren't real. Neither are ghosts. Simple concepts many people struggle with.

December 26, 2012 at 3:56 pm |